Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Post subject: Item creator for Single player/open bnet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:50 pm 

Calling on the veterans here, Purerage, Kramuti, DrRod, Baerk (if you still on), Dew. I have been playing around with the cubemain.txt for this patch. I see to some degree why it was changed a bit, looks like it gives more options to some extent. But I cannot figure out how to make it spawn a same item uniq when you put a magical item and a hpot inside.

Also what is HorCubeEX.txt? Expansion cubing formulas?

I tried the old thread with the LOS +Item maker, but the cubmain.txt in that is definitely different format from the one I see with MPQ extractor in the HU's D2 directory.

Let me know if I am missing something or if someone could help me figure this out. I prefer to test char builds before I spend a ton of time messing them up in server play.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Item creator for Single player/open bnet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 pm 

Delta wrote:
...how to make it spawn a same item uniq when you put a magical item and a hpot inside...
input 1 = any
input 2 = hpot
output = "usetype,uni"
lvl = 100

That recipe will convert the input item into it's unique counterpart. If there is no unique for that item type, then you'll get a triple-durability rare instead. Since you're making the formula for convenience, you may as well remove input 2, so that if you were looking for a particular ring, amulet, or Facet, then you can just keep pressing the transmute button until it pops up.

Alternatively, consider this formula as well (Note no quotes for output and multiple (up to 3) outputs):
input 1 = hpot
output = <UniqueItems.txt index column entry>
lvl = 100
output b = <SetItems.txt index column entry>
b lvl = 100

EG1: output = The Gnasher
EG2: output = Bonesob
EG3: output = Hsarus' Iron Fist

Delta wrote:
Also what is HorCubeEX.txt?
I read about it somewhere (probably PhrozenKeep), but remember only that it wasn't important. It was probably relevant for an earlier patch such v1.09.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm 

Cheers mate! thanks for the clarification.

Brevan wrote:
Delta wrote:
...how to make it spawn a same item uniq when you put a magical item and a hpot inside...
input 1 = any
input 2 = hpot
output = "usetype,uni"
lvl = 100

That recipe will convert the input item into it's unique counterpart. If there is no unique for that item type, then you'll get a triple-durability rare instead. Since you're making the formula for convenience, you may as well remove input 2, so that if you were looking for a particular ring, amulet, or Facet, then you can just keep pressing the transmute button until it pops up.

Alternatively, consider this formula as well (Note no quotes for output and multiple (up to 3) outputs):
input 1 = hpot
output = <UniqueItems.txt index column entry>
lvl = 100
output b = <SetItems.txt index column entry>
b lvl = 100

EG1: output = The Gnasher
EG2: output = Bonesob
EG3: output = Hsarus' Iron Fist

Delta wrote:
Also what is HorCubeEX.txt?
I read about it somewhere (probably PhrozenKeep), but remember only that it wasn't important. It was probably relevant for an earlier patch such v1.09.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:00 am 

Can I still throw a data folder in HU directory with the modified cubemain.txt and -direct -txt so it accesses it? Or do I need to modify the .mpq's?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:07 pm 

Delta wrote:
Can I still throw a data folder in HU directory with the modified cubemain.txt and -direct -txt so it accesses it? Or do I need to modify the .mpq's?
Keep in mind that the data folder isn't arbitrary, it is just the decompressed patch_d2.mpq file. Think of the mpq files as being like common .zip files. D2 knows how to work with the compressed .mpq, but if you use the -direct -txt flag, then it knows to look for and use the uncompressed version of that file even if the .mpq is still around.

Since it's easier to work with the uncompressed files, I'd recommend you go with the "-direct -txt" route. If you're still having trouble, then consider reviewing the sticky-posts in the Home Modifications forum.

Offline Profile