Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

Post subject: Branded a Cheat? (A farewell)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:14 am 
Game Server Host

This morning after finishing a long night and a job thats been going on for the last month I decided to pick up HU where I left off. I started making my way through act 5 and a guy joined and asked for some help killing diablo since there was nobody else on.
I said I would and joined the game he made.

About 5 mins into the game he tells me that HolyGhost had told him that I had raised the drop rates on my server while it was up. :shock:
Now anyone who knows me and has played with me will know how much I am against any form of cheating and have no patience for people that do. However I am still pissed off for obvious reasons.

I've been having problems getting my server to run correctly since just after christmas when I changed my ISP and it has been down while me and Duff tried to isolate the problem. After a load of attempts its still not working propperly though. It seems to be the same problem that Bob had when he tried to set his server up.

After this mornings events I have decided that I won't try any more for 2 reasons.
1: Once trust in a host has been lost I think that host should step aside,
and
2: I don't want to be hosting for people with such a shitty attitude towards someone who has helped out the comunity for the last year.

This puts a question mark over me, just-ice and eddie's achievement this season of being second only to Pious' group to beat hell baal on hc, untwinked. Considering I was using full orphans and an obedience battle hammer on my pally until hell ancients is proof enough that my luck with drops was not enhanced at all.

Anyway, everyone who knows me has seen my mules and been on my chars. They know just how shitty they are equipped, but it's not the equip that gets you through the game if you know what you are doing, as proved by the first groups to beat hell baal.
I think it's time I moved on to new pastures, and I won't have people spreading rumours about me or the people I played here with.

Many thanks to all who I count as close friends here. Naz, Ben, Jay, Ice, Rt, Bob and Utter. Who are some of the best d2 players I have ever met, except Rt. (kidding)
Thanks for making my stay on Hc so enjoyable. With any luck I'll maybe catch you on d3 or another mod before it is released.

Many thanks to terry for making a great mod and spending the time working on and making HU what it is today.
Many thanks to Duff for his support and help this last year and for puting his trust in me.
Finally, thanks to the comunity (the majority at least) for being so supportive and helpfull over the time I have been here.

Last edited by PureRage-DoD on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Branded a Cheat? (A farewell)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 am 

:?

It's about time!! GTFO!!

Seriously though, who cares what some douche bag says. He has never played with you, probably has never even talked to you, and has a typical bnet mentality. I understand we all have shit going on IRL, but don't let some guy that likes to talk out his ass influence your decision.

I for one don't think you have been "tarnished" in anyway. Not like you pulled a Dave, or Chris, or Lee, or Solidsnake, or....jesus, had a lot of bad hosts, don't wanna lose a good one over petty shit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:54 am 

this is just wrong . no matter what you decide to do i cant say i dont trust you as a host or a player . please tell what the deal is . i agree with furycury also. if its time to do something else i understand tho and thanks for helping the Hu community

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:16 am 
Game Server Host

I have got a little more info by pm'ing holyghost. Apparently he heard that the drop rates had been adjusted from someone. I still dont know the whole story but this is the post he sent me.

HolyGhost wrote:
Well i apologize for the offence. I was told when first patch/or after ladder was reset that they adjusted drops rates on the euro servers. Never knew if it was a buff of the reg rates or it was to catch up with the rest of the servers drop rates or if anything was done with it for that matter. Its just what i was told back shortly after ladder started an a couple others were pretty intend on it being true due to there drop rate in euro server games vs east west server games. I was talking to someone about it awhile back an did say I had heard the rates were adjusted. Ill tryn do alittle more research from now on, on speculations before I say anything else related.

I will freely admit I have been underalot of pressure this last month to get this job finished on time. Perhaps I over-reacted abit but even after some sleep it's still bugging me to think that people would think I would do anything like that though.

I have been away since before xmas and rl stuff is dragging me away from my gaming. The lack of teams and waiting for teams to emerge and get together had dulled my intrest too. I surprised myself after doing hell baal on hc with 2 guys who had never been there before (even on sc) and in such a timely fassion. After that I felt I was ready to move onto other things and have been thinking about finding my feet in the modding world in preperation for d3. I have some of my own ideas for an RPG and i feel with the things I have learned here I am ready to start learning and trying my own thing.

Hopefully I can pick it up and get to know how things work and can maybe even help terry with his arimyth project. I feel he has done alot for the d2 community and has recieved so little thanks in return. With the fun he has given me with this mod I think that trying to help his project come to life, would be a nice thing to do. He has put together a great story with his arimyth project and I'm sure it will be a fantastic game once finished.

The comments, I feel, have put a question mark over my name. People are free to think what they want though, I just didn't ever want to have this sort of thing to be associated with me. I have always tried to provide a good stable server for everyone, and even US players found it to be stable as far as I know (that I didnt expect at all). The support and kind comments of players over the last year have been really great and much appreciated. I will be back for a reset though and play until hell baal falls at my hands again. I wont be a long time player though, once through each ladder will be enough for me I think.

I will still pop in to post strategys and help etc. but I feel my time as a host should really come to an end. Along with my time as an actual player.

Like I said before I have had problems getting my server to run correctly. When i got back from xmas wth the family I changed my ISP and since then my server has been having some problems. Duff can explain better than I can. It's the same problem bob had when he tried to host. After downloading the hosting pack 4-5 times and even restoring factory settings It is still not working propperly anyway. I'm not going to hide this fact since you all deserve to know why my server has been down for the last month. If anyone has any knowledge on the subject it would be good to try to work out how to fix the problem. It has only happened since my IP was changed and it may be a problem for other potential hosts to come. If the problem could be pinned down then bob may even be willing to try hosting again.

I know there have been problems with lines and stuff recently and I have been trying to sort my server to help out but It's just not happening.

Wow thats some long shit. Had to clarify my position though. Thanks for your support

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:37 am 

Bad news for the Euro players(and HC). I think anyone who knows you Kevin is well aware you'd never do anything like that(you hardly even played after Baal, that accusation doesn't even make sense). A shame I didn't get to play with you much on HC this season, one of the better guys around for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:47 am 

You're going about this all wrong. Don't take it personal. If people thought you were a cheat they'd be reporting you and/or not playing on your server, neither of which is happening. Just ignore it and move on. Rumors will happen but just relax and don't let it get to you.

Afterall, for every one person that complains there are ten people that say nothing and are happy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:39 am 

this is just not right someone shouldn't say things about someone when they know its not true this is how ugly rumors get started and it not right.this is one thing i don't like about hu.( untrue rumors) i have known kev for a couple of years and ran with him a few times when he played sc. he is a good player and honest player he would n't do that to his server. good luck kev in what ever you move on to ...it's sad to that you won't be playing hu you are one of the good players and you hosting was appreciated by most you were a good host

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:47 pm 

HU currently has a small community, so the rumors go a long way. Though i personally think any decent HU player uses the forums as we do and will hopefully see these posts. DoD is definitely one of the morally stable players.

DoD wouldn't do anything like that on purpose.

Hey DoD i stood up for you! Free items plz!!

lol jk this thread needed some laughs =P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:32 pm 

Many thanks to all who I count as close friends here. Naz, Ben, Jay, Ice, Rt, Bob and Utter. Who are some of the best d2 players I have ever met, except Rt. (kidding)
Thanks for making my stay on Hc so enjoyable. With any luck I'll maybe catch you on d3 or another mod before it is released.

HAD TO MAKE FUN OF ME BEING A NEWB :(
Your just jelous my din better than yours :twisted:

Well what ever you do bud, keep in touch with your friends. I know for one as long as I have known ya you have never cheated. If you ever get a mod up give me a yell i'll come tell how bad it is. :mrgreen:

ps. now that ur quiting i can change my sig even though a drunk ik barb loosing to a fb durid never ment you>me i just did it to make you feel GOOD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:36 pm 
Game Server Host

LOL, using zerk against my fbiter was a nooooooob error on your part. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
LOL, using zerk against my fbiter was a nooooooob error on your part. :mrgreen:

Yea well give a newb a break only been on Hu for lil over 6 mounths at that point 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm 
Game Server Host

omg, that sig is pure lies

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

So when does your quitting start? Less drama for the community and -1 laggy server imo.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 pm 

Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

So when does your quitting start? Less drama for the community and -1 laggy server imo.

You're such an ass.

Insert something about me "stalking."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

You're such an ass.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 am 

Cory wrote:
Help me I cannot grasp the simple concept of correlation between server location and latency.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:23 am 

Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

You're probably using dialup. Either that or you're in west USA.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 am 
Game Server Host

Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I will still pop in to post strategys and help etc. but I feel my time as a host should really come to an end. Along with my time as an actual player.

must i spell everything out for you? You seem to be the only one who has any complaints about my server performance. Ask your mum to get you a better connection and stup whining like a little girl, thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm 

Who is HolyGhost?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:24 pm 

WolfStar wrote:
Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

You're such an ass.

I scammed that bitch.

The server is laggy because its 'EURO' meaning it works better if you live in europe.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 am 

The only thing that was ever raised for me on Pure-rage's server,

was the PING! badabing! :lol:

There are times when drops feel like they are higher. Just coincidence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:01 am 

Put the server back up, I'm in need of items I am new to softcore..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:09 pm 

drrod wrote:
Help me I cannot grasp the simple concept of correlation between server location and latency.

Yeah what would I know, I only work in the web development business for 10 years now. ;) I've used plenty of Euroservers. Welcome to the year 2010.

Or it could possibly be that hes hosting out of his home comp, not a datacenter, with a low grade internet service. Which I know he is.

;)

You guys need a thesaurus. Your buddy DoD used the word "grasp" 8 times in a single thread.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
must i spell everything out for you? You seem to be the only one who has any complaints about my server performance. Ask your mum to get you a better connection and stup whining like a little girl, thanks.

"Ugh, shitty euro server, new game guys"

Not my words. Heard that all the time when your servers up. The kicker is several of the people who said it were from Europe (2 from Sweden 1 from Norway). That is why you don't use an old trashy comp + dial up to host a gaming server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 pm 

Is there a squelch command for the forums?

If not, I'm ISO one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:09 pm 

FuryCury wrote:

If not, I'm ISO one.

Seconded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 pm 

Cory wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

"Ugh, shitty euro server, new game guys"

Not my words. Heard that all the time when your servers up. The kicker is several of the people who said it were from Europe (2 from Sweden 1 from Norway). That is why you don't use an old trashy comp + dial up to host a gaming server.

Host a server, or GTFO.

Sorry not all of us have the time and resources to devote our lives to a free mod. Sure, I've had problems with Purerage's server, but I live in Nevada. I would sort of expect that from a server in Europe hosted for free. What have you done for the community?

Seriously, I'm getting sick of your bullshit. Not only are you ill-informed about everything you ever try to talk about, you're a fuckin' dick on top of that. Every post you make is trolling another (usually better and more respectable) user into flaming you for faggotry. I've never seen someone act like such a little kid on the forums before. You've had sand in your ham wallet since like day one and all you do is bitch, cry, and whine.

Also, if you're going to try and sound intelligent and suggest a thesaurus, I'd expect a little maturity out of you. For a supposed intelligent person, you have the social skills of a eight year old who's mommy wouldn't buy him that toy in Walmart.

Ahh shit. Got trolled into flaming this dude. >_>

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:28 pm 

Abominae wrote:

Host a server, or GTFO.

Sorry not all of us have the time and resources to devote our lives to a free mod. Sure, I've had problems with Purerage's server, but I live in Nevada. I would sort of expect that from a server in Europe hosted for free. What have you done for the community?

Seriously, I'm getting sick of your bullshit. Not only are you ill-informed about everything you ever try to talk about, you're a fuckin' dick on top of that. Every post you make is trolling another (usually better and more respectable) user into flaming you for faggotry. I've never seen someone act like such a little kid on the forums before. You've had sand in your ham wallet since like day one and all you do is bitch, cry, and whine.

Also, if you're going to try and sound intelligent and suggest a thesaurus, I'd expect a little maturity out of you. For a supposed intelligent person, you have the social skills of a eight year old who's mommy wouldn't buy him that toy in Walmart.

Ahh shit. Got trolled into flaming this dude. >_>

It's okay, you're saying what all of us feel.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:14 pm 

FuryCury wrote:

If not, I'm ISO one.

Ya - click on a person's profile and add them as an "enemy" or some nonsense like that. You will no longer see posts from that person. Pretty darn handy feature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 am 

LOL, it works....thx Blue, that's friggin awesome. BTW, you ready for even more snow? :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:44 am 

FuryCury wrote:
LOL, it works....thx Blue, that's friggin awesome. BTW, you ready for even more snow? :roll:

yep.
Sadly, this reminds me far too much of living in upstate NY though.

Internet was down Fri-Mon, hope that it doesn't go down again. Fortunately, I only lost power for about 12 hours. Everything go ok with u?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
FuryCury wrote:

If not, I'm ISO one.

Ya - click on a person's profile and add them as an "enemy" or some nonsense like that. You will no longer see posts from that person. Pretty darn handy feature.

Oh I'm so doing this!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am 

Cory you fucking JONG. I'm from Sweden and the latency/ping/etc on the Rage server has always been around half that of the American servers. And btw, squelched. Ahhhhh....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:58 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
yep.
Sadly, this reminds me far too much of living in upstate NY though.

Internet was down Fri-Mon, hope that it doesn't go down again. Fortunately, I only lost power for about 12 hours. Everything go ok with u?

Power only went out for a few hours here. Long enough for us to build a fire, thank god for a fireplace. Luckily our road was plowed the day after it snowed, had both cars out n about by Sunday. I posted some of my snow pics in general discussion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm 

Rage, your server was the coolest one over all HU players! :oops:
I also heard that stupid rumor, a month ago or mb 6 weeks... I cant remember who said me that bullshit .
( Well, actually I can, but I lack of evidences to prove that )
blue_myriddn wrote:
click on a person's profile and add them as an "enemy" or some nonsense like that. You will no longer see posts from that person. Pretty darn handy feature.

Holy crap it works!

Utter wrote:
Cory you fucking JONG. I'm from Sweden and the latency/ping/etc on the Rage server has always been around half that of the American servers. And btw, squelched. Ahhhhh....

all this,
except:
change "Sweden"
for "Spain"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm 

RT's Ass > Kev's Whole body

that being said for me kevs server was laggy but no where near as bad as one of the others that was in the us.

man im gonna miss kev he was number one on my list.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:52 pm 

Pappy wrote:
man im gonna miss kev he was number one on my list.

Meaning, you were the first one he added to the list. ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:20 pm 

[rage]nobody told me about better drops![/rage]

Well I must say, Cory, you wasted 10y of your life... Foe'd too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm 

BTW:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
stup whining like a little girl, thanks.

What the heck did I do to you, little dick!? You compared that guy with me? Im trully offended!

¬¬!!!!!!

:lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:58 pm 

While I didn't use your servers because the US ones were better, you seemed like a pretty cool guy, helped me out once.

Plus, HolyGhost is a gigantic douche-bag who tries to lowball players even though he has massive amounts of gear, he wouldn't even come kill a samhein we cleared all the way to unless we payed him a ber rune. lol

But yeah, can't find a party to save my life(both HC and SC), making the game not very fun. ;/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:05 pm 

Angel wrote:

But yeah, can't find a party to save my life(both HC and SC), making the game not very fun. ;/

Acc name in HC? We are almost always at total disposal of doing a party game .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:40 pm 

tonykantos wrote:
Angel wrote:

Acc name in HC? We are almost always at total disposal of doing a party game .

*QuC]Angel

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm 

The fuck? A raging argument going on, AND IM NOT INVOLVED. THIS ISNT RIGHT, SOMEONE DISS ME NOW

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:16 pm 

Rasta wrote:
The fuck? A raging argument going on, AND IM NOT INVOLVED. THIS ISNT RIGHT, SOMEONE DISS ME NOW

Shut the fuck up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:42 am 

hrrmmmm... I have nothing to say :\

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 pm 

Abominae wrote:
Rasta wrote:

Shut the fuck up.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

Abominae wrote:
@Blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 pm 

Rasta wrote:

You son-of-a...!!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:25 am 

hey dod dont leave now just when im coming back hang in there you got the trust still there, im another who can confirm dods reputation. hes against cheating and rushing as much as i and will never pull a hunter_as situation. i got your back 100% dod so keep up the good work buddy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:36 pm 

can someone post cliffs of this thread?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:37 am 

marelic wrote:
can someone post cliffs of this thread?

HolyGhost accused DoD of hacking his servers for more drops.

DoD pm'd him about it and declared he's quitting.

HolyGhost apologized.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 am 

L_O_L, did DoD know he was being trolled?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 am 
Game Server Host

marelic wrote:
L_O_L, did DoD know he was being trolled?

I found out from someone else that it was going around. If he had just came out with it I wouldn't have been botheres, it was the starting rumours etc. and gossiping fishwives that I didn't like
;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14 am 

trolling is annoying. :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am 

Angel wrote:
HolyGhost apologized.

Where/when was this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:43 pm 
Game Server Host

by pm,
[quote="HolyGhost]
Well i apologize for the offence. I was told when first patch/or after ladder was reset that they adjusted drops rates on the euro servers. Never knew if it was a buff of the reg rates or it was to catch up with the rest of the servers drop rates or if anything was done with it for that matter. Its just what i was told back shortly after ladder started an a couple others were pretty intend on it being true due to there drop rate in euro server games vs east west server games. I was talking to someone about it awhile back an did say I had heard the rates were adjusted. Ill tryn do alittle more research from now on, on speculations before I say anything else related.[/quote]

Offline Profile