Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Willing to host
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:10 pm 

Got pretty good *server of dual xeon level, 100mb unlimited inet, location: Russia / Saint Petersburg (near Finland) - ping on Europe should be around 30-70. Our team is ready to host right now, just give an idea on how to fix bugs, such as : 60starting points for new characters doesnt appear, addtional merc slots which were implemented in this mod - cant be used, im pretty sure thats not the only ones.
So if there is another kind of version to host for a realm, let me know.
Instead of writing here, you can contact me thru icq 234-796-504, that will make things faster.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Willing to host
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm 

thanks for the offer, but unfortunately we have had serious trust problems with hosts in the past and need to really screen our hosts carefully. Basically, when you host it is an open set of keys for hacking and we have had a number of people abuse that in the past.

Nothing personal against you or your post (was very well worded and put together), but with only 1 forum post and little exposure, we just don't know enough about you to hand over the keys to the realm.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm 

I have no idea what are hoster requirements in this community, and not going to prove anything myself. Instead, you can ask on official irc channel of medianxl #medianxl @ quakenet.org (another famous diablo2 mod) who are we, and check our reputation that way (you may refer to our servers as "madwars servers"). I do understand that post count means everything in internet discussions, thats why its up to you - to trust me or not.
Since the only way to check it out - is to bother asking someone somewhere, i do understand that its easier to ignore.
But if you have time/interest to somehow check our trustability - do it.
I am ready to reply on any kind of question if that will change your mind towards us.

p.s lots of editing included, never thought it will be so hard to host something

Last edited by DirtyMusic on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 pm 

cool, thx for the reply. Hope you can appreciate that I intended no offense, we have just been burned hard by people bringing down the realm for everyone by hacking the hosting servers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:59 am 

so is it possible to host ? Answer "cool thx for reply" is not quite what i was waiting for, it is not a *yes, yet it is not a complete *no - that is confusing.
REALLY interested in hosting that mod, and ready to provide any kind of information concerning our server for you to be sure in our kind intentions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:30 pm 

No you won't get to host. You will need to be a trusted member of the community before that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 pm 

i might get something wrong, but in different parts of forum i keep reading "when i hosted for my friends" and simillar things. That means any person somehow can make his own little closed realm on pvpgn software, without all those mess with asking for some extremely precious files, which i dont even need - here in forum ? Maybe by "hosting" ,in our talk here, we mean different things ? i dont need any editable mod files and anything like that - i just need a version where bugs like a)merc slots arent equippable b)60 starting stat points arent given to new chars c)others are fixed and i can just host for my friends and anyone who is willing to play with lower pings / packet loss then on usa servers (europe mostly).
I am hosting a REALM version of medianxl mod which i got from modmaker himself - and didnt come across any statements simillar to those ridiculous ones (you must get trust), he just protected his server version from being edited - and all i did is launched it, voila - ready to play, and anyone, even me - isnt able to edit anything (like anyone need to).
In that case the only possible "cheating" can affect only my own server, we cant play with our chars on both our and hu realm.I want to host my own little closed realm. I just dont get, why i cant host for my friends and why what COULD happen on OUR SERVER (which has nothing to do with official hu server/realm) bothers people around that much. Its like asking valve, if you can set up your own counter strike server with bots, and get a NO in response.
I am still confused - can i host closed battle.net (via pvpgn) server of this mod, with "multiplayer version"(which can be downloaded from hell unleashed website's download section, and somehow avoid those bugs ? or the files which hoster must use are completely different - and those "multiplayer version" downloadable on hell unleashed website - is just a bunch of files for client only , not for hoster ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 am 

To host you need the editable files, thus beeing able to change them. That's why you need to be trusted before you can gain access to them. The only way you can host a game for you and your friends otherwise is via tcp/ip or a virtual lan (hamachi or similar).

There's only one realm and servers that run through that, you can't setup your own realm.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:35 pm 

my teammate managed to launch this mod without any extra uberprecious files - on our pvpgn realm. not going to advertize, but just for anyone who want to do the same - it is possible with just a mp version and abit of time.

Utter since we managed to do this, anyone can - so all your comments are trolling, nothing more. what a douche

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:59 pm 

We would appreciate it if you didn't run that - but if you do want to, I suppose we can't stop you. Just a bit of bad manners to run someone else's mod without their permission. Soulmancer would prefer to keep Hell Unleashed here under his wing rather than having it spread out.

Topic closed.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]