Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Post subject: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm 

the title seems a little vague so allow me to clear it up: what i am sugesting is that there be unique carry1 only charms that give attack skills. I.E. sacrifice, zeal, jab, fend,impale, double swing(dual claw sins), vengeance, leap attack, and whirlwind. as i said unique and carry1 only, and for good measure make them grand charms. Also make them the normal lvl requirements the skills normally have.

this idea came about because i've been thinking on melee necs and the like, and how if you did make one they arent all that playable till higher lvls, so thats kind of a drag.

some may not agree some may, either way what do you think?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Oskill attack Charms
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm 
Game Server Host

I like it. Keeping them a +1 (certain skill only) would be good. They should be dropped by azmo and belial in norm at maybe a 1/6 chance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 pm 

I like it. No idea about any sort of balancing issues, but I like it. Opens up a lot of cool possibilities.

+1 Multishot please.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 pm 

im down for this idea as well. of course balance issues will be at play here, but i think we could get around it.

i think keeping it to only attack skills is a good idea as well, and heres why i think so:

- warcries, auras, curses, passives, other buffs would be overpowered (aka, lower resist or conviction on a sorc; oak sage or shifting on a barb; amp on a smiter, etc etc).

- caster skills would be impossible to balance. lets face it, it would be cool to see builds specializing in oskills. however, sorcs gain the advantage of passive masteries to boost damage with the lack of synergies, while other classes gain none.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm 

which is why i only suggested attack skills, oh i guess you could add magic arrow, multshot, guided arrow, and strife those dont get too broken cross class.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:16 pm 

i wouldnt think there is a problem with any skill that bases its damage on the weapon damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 pm 

You could even do a real ranger din with GA or multishot with no gravepalms!

+1 to this idea, if its possible to do that kind of charms.

=====

If the idea rolls on, I also suggest to add clay golem as possible oskill. Many chars would take profit from having that bonus slow tank, more if you wear an item that grants you "golem mastery oskill ", like metalgrid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 am 
Game Server Host

tonykantos wrote:
You could even do a real ranger din with GA or multishot with no gravepalms!

+1 to this idea, if its possible to do that kind of charms.

=====

If the idea rolls on, I also suggest to add clay golem as possible oskill. Many chars would take profit from having that bonus slow tank, more if you wear an item that grants you "golem mastery oskill ", like metalgrid.

It is possible. Clay golem would not be one I would like to see. It makes a massive impact on boss fights. anyway, that would remove the need for those clay golem charges amulets...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm 

I think it should be a large charm.

(Sense there is no unique large charm)

Also would really like HolyShield 0 skill!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm 

HolyGhost wrote:

We'd all like breakfast in bed from Swedish models, but that ain't gonna happen either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
HolyGhost wrote:

We'd all like breakfast in bed from Swedish models, but that ain't gonna happen either.

A man can dream Blue.
A man can dream.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm 

Charge/zeal/jab for all, pls. +1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:39 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
HolyGhost wrote:

this is why martin luther king died... he had a dream! = p

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm 

i only suggested weapon based attack skills because its very hard for those to be broken cross class, also holy shield crashes the game when used on anyone but the pally.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 am 

SolBadguy wrote:
, also holy shield crashes the game when used on anyone but the pally.

This sounds terribly lame : (

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 am 

SolBadguy wrote:
the title seems a little vague so allow me to clear it up: what i am sugesting is that there be unique carry1 only charms that give attack skills. I.E. sacrifice, zeal, jab, fend,impale, double swing(dual claw sins), vengeance, leap attack, and whirlwind. as i said unique and carry1 only, and for good measure make them grand charms. Also make them the normal lvl requirements the skills normally have.

this idea came about because i've been thinking on melee necs and the like, and how if you did make one they arent all that playable till higher lvls, so thats kind of a drag.

I made a suggestion similar to this long long time ago xD but was kind of different.

More like, an extra ubber boss that drops a "useless item" (or 1% chance to drop it from LoS necro) that is only needed for a cube recipe (like cow parts) and used on the following recipe:

"X-part" + 1 of each rune in game + 1of each ubber gem + the 3 cowking gifts + the 3 sammy gifts + all the hearts + all the soulshards

And what u get is a kind or prizm to put in a socket item with the following mods:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+1 RANDOM aura(when equiped)/curse(oskill)
+30 all resistances
+ shiny glow from old bnet IK-set

and what happens here?.. if u see a motherfucker shining, ull know that biatch is one of da best gamerz evar!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 am 

I'd rather see the majority of useless uniques, sets, and RWs get some more oskill love than a boring ass charm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm 

Wolfs wrote:
SolBadguy wrote:

I made a suggestion similar to this long long time ago xD but was kind of different.

More like, an extra ubber boss that drops a "useless item" (or 1% chance to drop it from LoS necro) that is only needed for a cube recipe (like cow parts) and used on the following recipe:

"X-part" + 1 of each rune in game + 1of each ubber gem + the 3 cowking gifts + the 3 sammy gifts + all the hearts + all the soulshards

And what u get is a kind or prizm to put in a socket item with the following mods:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+30 all resistances

and what happens here?.. if u see a motherfucker shining, ull know that biatch is one of da best gamerz evar!!

all are easily attainable currently....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 am 

Wolfs wrote:

+3 all skills
+30 all stats
+30 all resistances

...... it irks me to no end as a modder myself when people make utterly ridiculous suggestions like these.

the item itself can be made(despite being utterly broken), the method of conceiving said items is strictly impossible:

reason why: cube can only have 7 inputs in a cube recipe, your so-called cube recipe calls for 40+ inputs....

i hold no delusions that what i asked for would take some time to conceive having to go through unique items txt., patch string tbl., misc txt., treasureclass txt. people really underestimate how much work it takes to do these kinds of things

Offline Profile