Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Post subject: My thoughts on 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:36 pm 

To preface this review/rant I'll say my group has completed most of the content in the game. I think we're capable of doing everything in the game with relative ease, but time constraints exist and thus it hasn't happened yet. We were the second to kill hell baal by a couple hours, and the actual baal run took all but an hour with the bosses dying in sub 15 seconds and baal dying in less than 10.

First and foremost summons are out of control. Assassin summons at the least can permatank almost anything in the game, the only exceptions was hell soulmancer(also this is a dumb fight). I can't attest to other summons, but I watched a druid bear tank for a LONG time. Valks may be able to, but the only valk we had was a bowa's and the lack of +skills meant it was eh. My necro was really only played into nightmare, but his prison could keep most bosses in place permanently and a 1 point DK could tank a lot of bosses.

Damage is out of control. A side effect of this is mercs are all but useless. You used to be able to keep a merc alive for a lot of the game, it's all but impossible now to keep alive in easy areas. The shit that was taken on res on gear hurts them more than anything, since res is EASILY made up via charms. White mobs crack me for 1/6th of my health. Rares can halve my health. Damage is absolutely nuts and it literally only supports a kill before they can get to you playstyle. This is one reason melee is dead as fuck this patch.

Melee is dead. I can think of a lot of reasons why, but mostly it's a lack of defensive options, a lack of options to push a lifepool versus the monster's current damage, and weapons being gutted. Virtually every unique weapon in the game pales in comparison to a rolled rare, much less a crafted.

Uniques aren't really unique, they're just homogenized garbage in almost all circumstances. Exceptions exist, yes, but for the most part even the end game uniques aren't very good. Templars is meh, griffs is always weaker than an easy to craft diadem, no rings/amulets are even worth mentioning with the exception of two rings. Con ring is a pile of steaming shit, on the other end of the spectrum bis rings for a ton of classes is gated behind a hell quest that has RNG built into it. You can wear two by getting a +2 and praying to RNGesus the quest gives you another. Terrible design.

Sets are even worse than uniques. They're all complete trash. I can't think of one worth using beyond maybe trangs if you can't find key items like a teleport skull on a summoner. This is a very sad change since Ensley did a real good job at making sets interesting finds in 1.9. Not best in slot by any means, but still nothing to shy away from.

Gambling uniques needs to be removed or made easier. The fact you CAN gamble the items means it's an easier, albeit tedious way of getting them. Why make it harder? I can still get it by sitting at gheed. Remove it or make the chances higher. Also did you really think increasing the gold cost to charms was prohibitive? A 15 second run drops 100m gold.

No counter skills still outdamage conventional skills while also having the benefit of not causing counters. Why?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: My thoughts on 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:06 pm 

Here's a rough change log of the work I've already done for the next patch. I agree with a lot of what you said. Counterless skills are gone, unless they have a timer like firewall. I haven't gotten to buffing tank items, but its on the list. All of this list is subject to change.

HPTable = 200,200,200,300,350,400,450,500
increased boss absorbs from ~15-20% to ~30-40%
increased boss PLR from ~40-50% to ~80-95%
increased minor boss skill damage multiplier from 375% to 500%
increased major boss skill damage multiplier from 550% to 700%
act boss hp multiplier increased from ~8000% to 30000% (like old HU)

moved the entrance to soulmancers plains to the drifter caverns in act5 (increased to a lvl 95 area in hell)

reworked unique charm and challenge tome stats:
normal challenge: +0.25% max hp per level (25% max hp at lvl 100)/ +10% mana
nm challenge: +0.25% max hp per level (stacks with normal bonus for total of 50% max hp at lvl 100)/ +10 mana
hell challenge: +1 all skills +50% enhanced damage +5% reduced curse duration

normal soulmancer charm: +40hp/+40mana/+5all res
nm soulmancer charm: +10 magic res/+60ar/+40hp/+40mana
hell soulmancer charm: +3 ele,magic,poison pierce/+60ar/+40hp/+40mana
nm samhain charm : +60hp/+60mana

The changes to the normal and nm tome challenges bonuses makes the hp% bonuses unique charms give more accessible. In 2.0 you get 40% max hp from unique charms but it is spread over 4 different charms that come from some tough bosses that are out of the way. Now they are lot more accessible on a normal play through. They also scale with level so you wont get a huge hp% bonus as soon as you complete them which would disrupt the difficulty curve of the game.

removed energy from most items and replaced it with mana
removed extra dmg from facets, besides extra phys dmg
removed charms from the gamble screen
reduced gold drops by ~80%

All classes start with 10 energy
Increased hp per vita on all classes:

Class hp/mana:
Barbarian: 5 hp per lvl, 6 hp per vita; 2 mana per lvl, 3 mana per energy
Amazon: 4 hp per lvl, 5 hp per vita; 2 mana per lvl, 4 mana per energy
Paladin: 4 hp per lvl, 5 hp per vita; 3 mana per lvl, 4 mana per energy
Assassin: 4 hp per lvl, 4 hp per vita; 4 mana per lvl, 4 mana per energy
Druid: 3 hp per lvl, 4 hp per vita; 4 mana per lvl, 5 mana per energy
Necro: 3 hp per lvl, 4 hp per vita; 4 mana per lvl, 5 mana per energy
Sorceress: 2 hp per lvl, 4 hp per vita; 5 mana per lvl, 6 mana per energy

general skill changes:
buffed poison damage so that its good for trash mobs
buffed dmg% and def% on all melee skills and passives from ~48+8 to 60+10
caster skills now require energy to scale damage
each point of energy up to 150 gives 1.2% syngergy and then each point after 150 energy gives 0.2%
rebalanced summons to require more hard points to be tankier

sorc
increased fireball radius by 40%
increased glacial spike radius by 40%
buffed damage of most skills
reduced firewall damage slightly

assassin
added a 45 frame timer to shockweb
doubled shockwebs damage
reverted wake of fire to old version, it has NHD of 4 frames and causes counters
reworked inferno sentry to shoot projectile like immolation arrow
reduced lightning sentry damage slightly

druid
buffed volcano, fissure, molten boulder
reduced volcano NHD from 10 to 7
hurricane and armageddon can no longer be cast at the same time, pick one
increased damage on hurricane and armageddon slightly
arctic blast reworked to be like inferno
firestorm now has a NHD of 5 frames and causes counters

necro
amp and LR have an addtional -5% res when you put atleast 1 hard point in them
buffed boner skills
added phys damage back to golems
reduced golem elemental damage
reverted skele mages to archers with phys dmg

paladin
increased pierce on elemental holy auras from 5+1 per 4 levels to 5+1 per 3 levels
conviction has an addtional -5% res when you put atleast 1 hard point in it

barb
frenzy increased to 6/5 weapon damage
double swing converts 50%+3% per level physical damage into magic damage
double throw increased to 4/3 weapon damage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:18 pm 

Change scares ppl, no matter if its positive. It triggers a defensive mechanism.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:57 pm 

There is some good new stuff in this patch but I almost feel like it should be reset soon with this having been a beta. People are going to get bored really fast and many have rerolled to Sins because 10 second boss kills are omegalul and melee is unplayable.

I think all of the poopshoot skills like WOI, firestorm, etc, should be entirely replaced as you said you did for WOI. Nobody is going to ever use Firestorm with a NHD, counters, and requires melee range to cast. Shockweb is only good if you can stack a million webs, so putting a cast delay on it makes it super useless unless it does literally 15x more damage, but that sounds super hard to balance...

Remember the old Static I think from 1.5 where it made a circle with a spiral of damage around it? Perhaps just change Shockweb into that or something similar; a slower-pulsing, harder-hitting skill almost like a lightning-blizzard in terms of effectiveness.

I don't have any ideas for a Firestorm revamp but NHD+counters+melee range is only an answer for a skill to never be used again.

It hasn't been mentioned here yet anywhere but Blade Sentinel is really OP and needs to be reduced from 1/2 dmg to 1/3.

The pets tanking bosses, especially the Shadow Master (I guess because it gives itself Fade on top of gear and has max resists and shit), is also really clowny. It's understandable for a pet to distract a boss for a few seconds and help you out, but obviously it shouldn't be going toe-to-toe with Hell Diablo taking almost no damage.

Angel did not mention it but the main cancer for melee in this patch is that there is so little gear with magic resist but so many bosses have magic counters that do massive damage. The triple bone spirit counter from Moloch is an instant death. The shockwave from Guardian is instant death. Mephisto bone spears in melee range are instant death. I'm sure there are others I just can't think of, but I think all magic damage cast from bosses and counters need to be reduced by like 80%. You could just cheese this by adding 50% magic resist to the initial level 1 tome of portal rather than adjusting every boss magic effect or all of the items.

Angel also is correct about Mercs being super useless because they just die to trash instantly. If damage stays near these levels, then Mercs need to be given built-in abs% and DR% and higher HP. I would also suggest removing the NPC-Slayer mod as it's just annoying and accomplishes nothing besides creating zones where you just cannot use a Merc.

There are also some serious issues in the game that need to be resolved with invisible missiles and unknown deaths. For example, Embry is an ES Sorc with like 5k mana and 95% ES and gets 1 shot in Frozen Tundra when there's really nothing in the area. Maybe it's the catapults doing obscene damage and somehow ignoring ES, as it just drains his health from 100 to 0 in 1 second with no visible effect. Also the invisible Diablo flame waves and Marilyth death-meteors being instant kills with no effect on screen. These issues were never as prevalent as they are now and I don't know why, but we are all getting hit by invisible spells all the time. Maybe it's just shitty servers and desync, maybe it's a missile velocity problem or something else.

Also, I don't know why Hell Cow Level gives 100 xp per cow.....

P.S. Milabrega's armor needs -req mod...132 str for caster armor is aids.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:15 pm 

Will putting 20 hardpoints into shadow master make it as tanky as it currently is? The master is the main offender here. With fade cast it seems to be immune to all elemental damage and only takes damage from physical swings. I lol'd when the shadow master was able to tank hell diablo/baal but it just feels too cheesy and shouldn't be anywhere near the level it is, even with a 20 hardpoints.

I would also like to second the trash monsters are doing just absurd amounts of damage and am glad the health pools will be rising to compensate. Granted I'm our bowa, but even with 3.2k standing hp, 45-50% pdr and overcapped res I still get 2-3 shotted by just about any white mob. Certain mobs, undead chargers and exploders in worldstone for the most part, are very near a 1 shot even with as much defense stacking as humanly possible.

I've also noticed an oddity. When rolling a bow that has + max damage, adding a jewel that adds + max or minimum damage visually removes the rolled damage from the bow itself but the damage from the roll remains. Probably a visual bug but might be something to look in to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 pm 

It doesn't help that assassin shadows are super hard coded and I can't make them require hard points to scale better like I can do with others summons. I could reduce the all res bonus from fade, but that would nerf assassins too. Would people complain about that? I'll think about what I can do about this.

Or I could turn assassin shadows into generic summons that don't use skills, but that's not fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:40 am 

Let’s use this thread to summ up everything about 2.0.

There is no need to rush for another Reset. Give this Patch some time so people can give proper feedback first what could be changed and what not.

2.0 is a good Patch and im loving it so far. Still have plenty to explore since i reached only Act 5 Normal so far :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:22 am 

I think it's better to just remove the buffs that the pet casts rather than trying to rebalance Fade and everything else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:25 am 

Hardcoded....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:48 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Hardcoded....

Make it as Bear or DK summon then. Fade is nerfed enough. Even too much imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 am 

Yes I meant just turning it into a herpderp pet like Valk/Bear/DK.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:17 am 

I think I can give it a dummy stat that would make the fade it casts have no effect

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
I think I can give it a dummy stat that would make the fade it casts have no effect

That would be for the best. It would be fine if it wasnt immune to all elements like fade makes it.

Also I've been theory crafting with decoy/valk and cant seem to find a way to make Amazon summons even remotely useful. Is that intended? Even with a skill stacking elemental zon pumping them up to 45ish they both seem to get 1-2 shotted. Unless block from a javazon makes decoy tanky enough to survive a couple chargers or a hellspawn explosion it's forever going to be a 1 point wonder to preemptively blow up hellspawn. Valk also seems to be way less tanky than assassin/druid summons. I cant see anyone wasting any more than 1 point picking either valk or decoy to throw in the way for a single hit.

I know no one wants to go back to the days of the unkillable decoys on psn javas but the entire section of Amazon summoning seems pretty neglected.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 am 
Game Server Host

Skills used by shadow master are not hardcoded. It will use any skill it has listed as long as that skill has the correct AItype. Any skill on the summoning character that has an AItype assigned to it will also be passed to the shadow master even if those skills are not listed on the shadow master skill. To stop a skill, remove the AItype from the skill in question.

Edit: you can assign the shadowmaster AI to any other summon too, as long as you configure the skills and AIp's correctly. So any summon can have multiple skills and use them correctly. To eliminate the HP scaling problem on shadow master, you can use another summon (with more configurable hp%) as the base of the skill, and apply the shadowmaster AI to it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:47 am 

This is what I would do on sins.

Buff dr on fade to 1 per hardpoint, nothing for softpoints, remove everything on it but the dr. At current levels putting points into it is an utter waste, the dr it gives is less than a ber rune. Virtually every viable sin build needs to be in melee range, and if you properly nerf shadows playing a sin is going to be miserable.

I would bump weapon block to 55%, again if shadows are nerfed sins need to be made more viable for soaking damage. A buff to vit is nice, but unless you scale back damage values it’s irrelevant. 2% block per hard point, 1% per soft point.

I would add a decent amount of fcr to claw mastery. I would add the res from fade to claw mastery as well and as purerage said remove the ability for master to get it.

Nerf summon life by 20%, add another 2 seconds to it’s delay.

Wake of inferno needs a 75% damage nerf, but the ability for the stream to pierce and it firing in a large cone.

Wake of fire needs a 20% damage nerf and it should pulse out in a circle around the trap opposed to a v in a line.

Shock web should do 2.5x the damage it does, have a cooldown as long as firewall, and instead of a bunch of stacking spikes just throw a large circle that creates essentially a lightning fire wall in the middle.

I dont know if it’s possible but ma skills need to not require a hit to charge up or to auto blow up on next hit of the ma skill at 3 charges, it’s so cancer playing them when everything blocks, you miss, seeing the actual charge level you’re at is hard, etc.

Lastly death sentry should fire 3 times and be castable at range and or have their fire range doubled. My thoughts on traps is the ranged cast was to prevent cheese but in reality you can’t cheese via death sentry. Also all traps should have massively reduced mana cost. Mine are costing like 60 mana a cast and that’s just absurd. Don’t balance shit around mana cost, it literally just makes a miserable version of the game where you’re still going full bore but having to pick up blue pots and drink them constantly.

As for facets, outside of counterless dot builds essentially, elemental damage felt pretty bad. Nerfing facets is not the answer, I actually thought they should be buffed to 5-5 max, but a roll between 3-5 so they weren’t so easy to obtain.

Most mobs need a damage reduction of like 20%, the vita buff isn’t enough, with certain mobs like chargers and leapers needing something more to the tune of 40% and the exploding mobs even more. White ones shouldn’t be 1 shotting full vita builds. Even with war, max claw block, 35% dr, and rubies socketed they can kill me before I can respond.

Edit: another note on the current absurd mana costs of traps, mana after kill doesn’t work with traps, which is one reason why it’s so unsustainable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:57 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Here's a rough change log of the work I've already done for the next patch.

Keep moving "forward", people...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:04 am 

Useful feedback there

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:26 am 

I wouldn't touch trash mobs in terms of nerfig it.

This Mod is hard and should stay that way. Not only Bosses should be hard even trash mobs too.

One shotting trash mobs Mods are plenty out there, i hope HU doesn't turn into it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:21 pm 

The issue is being 1 shot BY trash mobs...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm 

45% dr, 5k hp, running 4x rubies in head and war as chest. One shot by chargers. Super fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:56 pm 

Angel wrote:
45% dr, 5k hp, running 4x rubies in head and war as chest. One shot by chargers. Super fun.

That is nothing new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:44 pm 

I'm in the process of reverting player and monster hp/damage/ar/def, item stats, max res cap to 1.5 values.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:24 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
I'm in the process of reverting player and monster hp/damage/ar/def, item stats, max res cap to 1.5 values.

This means what?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 am 

It means we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 am 

It means it's going to be old hu with the new content from 1.7

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:44 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
It means it's going to be old hu with the new content from 1.7

I'm not that much into old HU so explain please what values will be implemented :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:41 am 

@PureRage
Hey bro! Do you still mod?
---

I havent played HU before 1.7. Seems 1.7 did some good changes. So i also wonder which were the 1.5 monster/player stats.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:09 am 

kramuti wrote:
Angel wrote:

That is nothing new.

It is infact new. I have never had to fear chargers on builds that are running this much defense over offense, especially when I have oak and bo. I guess it is irrelevant to bitch about if the values are popping back to 1.5, 1.5 was a pretty good patch if my memory serves me correctly for casters and melee alike.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 am 

Yeah I tried to use the 1.7 values and adjust them for 1.8-2.0 but it's just better to go back to the old tried and true values that we know works.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am 

Quote:
It is infact new. I have never had to fear chargers on builds that are running this much defense over offense, especially when I have oak and bo.

I recall numerous times of being oneshotted with even more def than that (like another 120+MDR/PDR + decent block). It isn't to say that it isn't annoying to no end, I just don't see it as 'new'.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am 

kramuti wrote:
Quote:
It is infact new. I have never had to fear chargers on builds that are running this much defense over offense, especially when I have oak and bo.

I recall numerous times of being oneshotted with even more def than that (like another 120+MDR/PDR + decent block). It isn't to say that it isn't annoying to no end, I just don't see it as 'new'.

chargers are stronger this patch than in the last few. that is the only change i specifically asked for from mraw after they were doing only about 100 dmg per hit on ensley's patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:48 am 

My feedback is not the most valuable one, since I'm just casual player more then anything else.

I don't really want to step into balancing theme of sins, as everyone covered it already. I'm glad to see information about revert to 1.5 which was playable even solo which was more appealing to casual players.

I do have doubts about reverting nec mages to nec archers. This will again render summon skele nec pretty usless. With how mages were balanced now, a clever and dedicated nec summoner could actually play the game and be useful everywhere. While moving back to only phy dmg skele archers in some places will move summoner nect to the point of being a dummy that cannot help other then using skele archers to tank chargers for example since thier dmg will be neglectable.
On top of what I said above, as casual player I'm against the gold nerf and gamble nerfs. Since I don't have ton of time to grind, but still want to enjoy playing the mod at decent lvl I do gamble most of the stuff I need. This is especially true for classes like nec summoner which requires a very specific type of gear with quite low rates of actually dropping it.

Gold/Gamble change may push casual players away from game, and also possibly prevent people from playing fun builds straight from the reset, because everyone will have to roll a cookie cutter to actually farm gear for the more fun to play classes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm 

Gold farming is not a grind, it's a joke. In fact an 80% nerf really won't change anything. So instead of 20 million per run you get 4 million. Now I'll only be able to gamble 50 GCs per run, oh no! This mod won't be balanced around people who only play 2 hours per week or don't know how to make a gold farmer.

The most logical thing to do would be to increase gambling cost by 10x and increase chance to gamble sets/uniques by 5x. Everyone I've played with is upset that the gambling buff from 1.9 didn't carry over. You can't gamble elites so I don't see the issue in allowing people to get a lenymo or magefist to make their early-mid game life more enjoyable. There's no benefit to forcing people to gamble for hours or do Bloodraven runs 50 times; just massively increase the cost and chance for gambling to something like 10x/5x.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 pm 

Why not just put every low tier unique on the screen instead? j/k. Gambling uniques should cost an unsignificant amount. Hell, someone even made a new script to mass gamble...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 pm 

Charms are being removed from gambling. The chances will remain the same as they are. If you want items then go kill bosses. Gambling meta is the most boring thing ever. It will still be an option, though, if you choose to use gf gear to farm gold. And it will still be a good gold sink if you're looking for a certain item.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 pm 

Well the opinion on gambling is pretty subjective so ultimately it comes down to who makes the patch I guess. I hope you will take other test feedback from the 3 people who actually test more seriously this time though. Like I told you some Druid ele skills were bad, gold needed a nerf, and gambling charms was cancer, and you told me to go pound sand.

Removing charms from gambling is a huge deal though; I don't believe anyone could have ever beaten the current patch without charm gambling to stack dank 33-34% resist GCs. Without the charms, you'd be forced to wear mediocre sets with Um runes instead of things like Griffons with facets. So please take this into consideration with how gear and boss difficulty plays out if we aren't able to just auto-cap resists through charms via gambling. Sets in particular need to be better; only second to GG craft rolls and 95 uber items. Especially if we're still getting a -60/-120 res pen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:57 pm 

Items are being reverted to 1.5 values as I mentioned before. You aren't looking at the whole picture. You also thought melee would be op with buffed str/dex bonus.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:27 pm 

I dont have any problems with chargers

I did a nil grind to 99... which is stockpiled with chargers galore. 3 charges and I die. But, I hardly ever get hit.

Cloak of shadows is a 1 point investment that takes all the teeth out mobs and disables chargers from charging. You should spam this skill all the time.

For mercs, try stacking physical resist and life. Then they can survive just about anything. My a2 merc can survive a full nil clear, without going below 50% hp.

I had little to no mana issues and I spam traps. I only started noticing trap costing alot in hell a3+. After I acquired the the mana/hp charms/items, I no longer had the issue. To clear chaos sanc mobs, I would probably only use a half a belt at most.

Death Sentry is well enough that I can and do aoe down an entire screen when fighting the mobs before nil. It's still incredibly useful and is and always will be the strongest trash aoe in the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Items are being reverted to 1.5 values as I mentioned before. You aren't looking at the whole picture. You also thought melee would be op with buffed str/dex bonus.

If you are just literally remaking 1.5 with the 1.7 new areas then yeah that's great.

I thought melee would be good before I knew bosses had 1 shot magic counters and all characters were only getting 3 hp/vita. Also, other than broken sins and firestorm, all spell damage is pretty garbage, so I wasn't really wrong. Especially since ES no longer works and several mobs have epic ignore-ES attacks that kill you while your mana is still full and you aren't poisoned.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:51 pm 

Yeah it's going be a continuation of 1.5 with the new content from 1.7.

Now the question is, do people want synergies to return or do you want no synergies to remain. There are pros and cons for each and I could go either way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 pm 

mud wrote:
For mercs, try stacking physical resist and life. Then they can survive just about anything. My a2 merc can survive a full nil clear, without going below 50% hp.

Not that it matters because everything is being reverted to 1.5, but I have found this to 100% not be the case. Even running tyraels, coa/veil, shadow dancers, worldstone socketed with uber rubies, ovecapped on res and getting benefit from oak my merc still gets destroyed nonstop. All I can think of right now is maybe slapping a War on him to make him survive longer. I would be interested in knowing what strategies you are employing to keep them alive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:45 pm 

Non-physical melee sins (Elemental MA) always suffered due to lack of physical damage to lifeleech with. Further and further nerfs to claw block only ever ruins the chance to survive in a melee scenario while not really changing much for caster sins.

It's a really tough balancing problem because too big a buff will render Phys MA sins unkillable, while Elemental MA sins will only be "okay".

Figuring out how to buff one without overbuffing the other is the core of the issue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:56 pm 

@riem

Oddly enough the nerfs to claw block help the builds since you can more reliably put out t3 blows without interruptions.

The problem entirely with the build is how shitty it is to see when you have t3 ready to proc. On current fists of fire you can't even see with one on the ground, and it's too hard to tell because mobs dodge, block, you miss, you get stunned or go into block, etc.

@mud

50% DR merc with better gear than most players dies to trash. Unless you can babysit with teleport mercs don't stay up at all.

Offline Profile