Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

Reset 1.9 with Mraw's patch?
yes 81%  81%  [ 21 ]
no 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Reset 1.9 with Mraw's patch?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:42 pm 

Since Ensley didn't use Mraw's work as his base we have an untested version on the realm. Should we wipe again with Mraw's patch?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Reset 1.9 with Mraw's patch?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm 

If 1.9 is DONE and ready to be hosted, sure. Not sure what kind of mikki maus drama you guys got here, I'm just interested in playing some high quality HU content :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 pm 

Does this mean we get a proper d2se mod directory?

I voted yes, but I would rather have voted HELL YES.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:16 pm 

Mraw has been working on his patch for years now, having only improvements and have been tested countless hours by many people on its different test versions, I think its the best way to go for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:16 am 

If he made a new version (the last one was like September) to fix stuff like WoF dmg, make Hurricane not suck, make sure challenges and rewards work, no invisible items (klatu rings wtf?) etc, then he should post it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 am 

Absolutely yes.

I personally have no beef with Ensley. His 1.6(c) was fun to play. Still, his current work based on the unfixed 1.8 has its flaws clearly. TBH I don't wanna make a CB sin and just simply hack through the game. I always loved trapsins, it is my alltime fav build, but it doesn't feel right this way.

I really like Mraw's work as well, I like this direction going towards HU's roots. I enjoyed 1.8 too, I just stopped too early (we had rumors about starting 1.9 soon, so I just abandoned at some point).

I think in this early phase we can restart again with no hardfeelings. The current hungarian players (Peca, Tucker, Ares and myself) would welcome Mraw's 1.9.

I appreciate all the hard work from modders, keep up guys, let's make HU great again.

Mitch (MTH)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 am 

well myself and four of my friends I brought have been playing waiting for the reset. Now that it has happened have been enjoying ourselves playing, also was bringing more people trying to get this mod bigger. All this drama and shit going on and now another reset possibly happening right away is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Think we’re all jumping ship and moving on to another mod until this all gets sorted. Maybe I’ll come back for the next reset maybe not.

Lost 5 players and future more now so enjoy yourselves and hope everyone gets their shit sorted and this becomes fun again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:44 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26145

That's the last patch I posted in November. That fixes a lot of issues 1.8 had. Why it wasn't used for this reset is beyond me. Doesn't matter now. I'll put everything together for Duff by today or tomorrow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:38 pm 

Can you post the new data folder?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:00 pm 

Empty wrote:
Lost 5 players and future more now so enjoy yourselves and hope everyone gets their shit sorted and this becomes fun again.

if you are enjoying the game atm, then you need to play the next patch m8 otherwise you will miss something!! hopefully we will see you and your friends on the realm ( ill see you guys on hc if you play it ) :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:59 pm 

iiNfluence wrote:
Empty wrote:

if you are enjoying the game atm, then you need to play the next patch m8 otherwise you will miss something!! hopefully we will see you and your friends on the realm ( ill see you guys on hc if you play it ) :twisted:

Not worth it to play for less than a month and get reset because people just cry and complain and cant do their job right to begin with.

It's interesting that as soon as Mraw says that Ensley didn't use his base patch as a means of starting everyone automatically jumps on his bandwagon and is like "oh if that's the case, fuck Ensley" when there's no proof and multiple things wrong with "Ensley's" patch that Ensley apparently didn't even touch.

I'd really rather not be that guy but this is a little ridiculous lol hopefully it takes less than 7 months for Mraw to post this patch and hopefully there isn't a single thing wrong with it for fear of a 10 page essay detailing everything you fucked up lmfao

Regardless I hope it all works out in the end, going to suck having to watch the 24 people player-base dwindle into a solid 19 strong again though lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:12 pm 

He's right guys lets keep playing a broken patch.

There's plenty of proof. You're really showing how retarded you are now. 5 salty turds left the community, oh no.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 pm 

0d1n- wrote:
Not worth it to play for less than a month and get reset because people just cry and complain and cant do their job right to begin with.

It's interesting that as soon as Mraw says that Ensley didn't use his base patch as a means of starting everyone automatically jumps on his bandwagon and is like "oh if that's the case, fuck Ensley" when there's no proof and multiple things wrong with "Ensley's" patch that Ensley apparently didn't even touch.

I'd really rather not be that guy but this is a little ridiculous lol hopefully it takes less than 7 months for Mraw to post this patch and hopefully there isn't a single thing wrong with it for fear of a 10 page essay detailing everything you fucked up lmfao

Regardless I hope it all works out in the end, going to suck having to watch the 24 people player-base dwindle into a solid 19 strong again though lol.

It has nothing to do with a 'fuck Ensely' parade. Maybe you should actually understand the issues within the patch that have been noted, clarified, and shown to have been a different base that was meant.

The choice of some balance decisions that are now being seen as too much, etc. It is unfortunate timing that things were put into action a bit before this could be found. But this is what happens when people just get on a patch bandwagon just to have a patch.

I understand the want, the drive, and some of the decisions in the current 1.9. However, some of the decisions and also some of what was meant to happen were not properly assessed or executed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 am 

You're right, reset everything because it's not mine so therefor it's not good enough *pout* let me just put out an un-finished "good enough" patch and disappear for 7 months because I got bored and don't feel like working on it anymore, but I expect to be hailed as a god upon my return, don't ask questions, don't wonder if anything's going to happen at all and don't play any other version of HU unless it's mine because I know what I'm doing and because my patches changes are super popular with all the tons of people who play HU, how long does it take for your ego to get deluded? Would it have been okay for him to post a patch a year after you left? Two years maybe? Your insults get better and better; retarded salty turds huh? lol.

If Mraw's patch was so perfect and didn't have any issues and everyone jumped on a "patch bandwagon" why wasn't it uploaded instead? Oh right, the god creator almighty himself went AFK for 7 months, so nobody knows if any of the issues posted about in that thread where fixed and not everyone is content or patient enough waiting almost a year to hear if anything is going to happen or even an update to know if the guy who made the update is still breathing lol. Shit got abandoned, someone willing picked up the torch.

Just slash and slander him and throw him to the dirt to make yourself feel good instead of trying to help him make it better since you don't have the drive to mod anymore lmfao.

Brain Cancer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 am 

Well said Kramuti. Don't know if I'll be playing, but if Mrawks version was tested and balanced then anyone who knows me knows where my vote went.

Everyone should be thanking Ensley for putting out his product. He clearly gave people something to play the last few weeks. That is always a good thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:29 am 

It's not about ego. It's about having a quality patch to play, people would have come to the same conclusions about this patch even if I didn't point it out. I have never sent duff a patch without a community vote. I have no power here.

I would gladly be here 24/7 365 if you start paying me. Until then, I am free to come and go as I please without any explanation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:34 am 

You're right, you're 100% free to come and go as you please without any explanation. You're also 100% free to not come back and shit talk whoever's trying to keep the game alive after you've been gone for 7 months you fucking dweeb.

Any patch is better than no patch to play, you egomaniac.

Also; even if people did come to the conclusions you did I'm almost positive none of them would have been a complete and total ass hat about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 am 

I'm also free to shit talk though. What's the point you're trying to make?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:41 am 

Oh just that you're shit talking just to shit talk.

Brain Cancer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:56 am 

Just about you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 am 

Damn, run out of things to say? If you where just shit talking me though I assure you, you'd have been much easier to ignore.

However if you've improved so drastically in such a short period of time to only be shit talking me, maybe you can actually use that big brain you claim to have and help make HU "great again".

Though somehow through the string of short, sweet and wonderful conversation we've had Mraw, I doubt any of what you say has much merit.

Can't wait to see the new patch data! (ETA ~7 Months)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:25 am 

I appreciate that some people don't want me strung over a barrel, but I don't want there to be flame wars and dick measuring. What happened was Mraw was gone for a long time and the realm was completely empty. I had already been working on this for several months because I play tcp/ip with a couple friends once in a while. I then added part of what was in Mraw's 1.9 - the hp tables, nerfed rubies, 1.21 exp, etc, and said I had a patch with extra fluff that we could reset for. and it seemed people wanted a reset for just about anything.

My biggest concern was making sure there were no completely broken items. You could argue the Angelic sword is dumb, but it's simply a weapon that scales with your level fairly well. Upgrading it to a PB requires level 92, and even then it's still nowhere near as good as an endgame runeword or high roll craft. Like really, Angelic sword or Last Wish? Come on now. So as long as items were ok, the theory was a "hotfix" patch could be made after a couple weeks if any skills or bosses needed adjustments without wiping and wasting peoples' time. This would only require a restart, not a reset.

I voted yes on this poll because all I want is for people to play, and if the majority believe that this is the best course of action then I support it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 am 

I never shit talked einsleys character. He's a nice guy, but ideas for modding hu don't match what hu was made to be by soulmancer. And I'm not their only one that thinks that as you can see from reading other forum posts and the poll to reset so soon.

But you I'm shit talking for fun because it's easy to get a wall of text out of you from my 1 liners.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:24 am 

Odd, I've been shit talking you for fun because of your awful brainless one liners lol.

Anyway, glad you're not shit talking Ensley anymore, maybe one of these days you'll spell his name right and just maybe if you didn't disappear for 7 months he wouldn't have to try to keep a vision that isn't even yours alive.

At least people are playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 am 

I still think he's terrible at modding hu, that didn't change.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:37 am 

That's completely fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. I personally don't think it's all that bad but I didn't have the luxury of playing many previous HU mods so I'm interested to see how yours feels in comparison.

When do you think we'll be able to see yours?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:42 am 

When it goes live depends on Duff. I just got home. I can post some test files for everyone to test in a couple minutes though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 am 

That would be awesome, is there anything specific you want/need tested?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:51 am 

how spell damage skills feel

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 am 

So Blessed Hammer, Magic Arrow etc.?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 am 

yeah pretty much anything. its coming soon, wait a few more mins

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 am 

uploading now maybe 20 mins

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:23 am 

Awesome man, is this going to have any single player advantages or is it going to be basically realm-ready?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:27 am 

any item in cube = set+uni
heal+mana= respec
you can tele through walls

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 pm 

Ensley got a reset going after there was a huge droubt of practically no one online for months. I'd say that was an accomplishment. His patch was promptly setup and running. He fixed some major issues like wof dmg and class items, and whereas the vast majority of the content seems to work properly without errors, but, didn't shake things up to much. He did what he seemed set out to do.

Of those things that changed the game were; prayer stacking and player resists.

In hell, you need to have alot of resist charms to even get max res. Items did not have massive chunks of resists available... Bosses with -res auras can bring you deep into red. This made bosses challenging in a different way.

Prayer stacking is nothing new to HU.

If things are so easy, then why haven't more people proven it by reaching hell?

It took me 2hrs to clear my first hell baal. And, I had to juggle resist charms/items and use pot bombs for several minions. I mainly used shockweb, which wasn't buffed despite what changelog says. Pious's barb was probably twice as strong than what I was at the time.

I believe there is a growing disconnect of understanding HU content and how it relates to classes.

Magic skills are dominate, like psn used to be. Aura stacking(specifically regen aura), DR stacking and utilizing skills that do not release alot of counters are the most dominating skills. Without synergies, now players should select for skills that do not trigger or become affected by counters. They also should select for a summon skill to distract bosses, and an aoe skill(currently magic aoe is the best) to clear mobs. It's always been like this. No patch is going to change this unless you change the way bosses operate.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:07 am 

I read the entire thing and i want to say i loved how it ended. We all have our way of expressing ourselves, some are more harsh some are always kind etc. And, this is exactly what i love, the diversity, and the acceptance of it. Feels like freedom.

And btw im clueless when it comes to HU :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:18 pm 

i'd r8 this thread 8/8

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:30 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
i'd r8 this thread 8/8

Offline Profile