Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am

Post subject: Complete filetree for 1.9 SOLO version
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 pm 

na

Last edited by Ensley03 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:23 am, edited 68 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.6c Complete Game for D2SE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:06 pm 

this is single player only cant play on servers yet???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:23 pm 

@Dankmemes- currently it says realms are 1.6b still.

Thank you for this. My friend and I have been looking forward to 1.6c. Does this mean it's not going to be put on realms?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:28 pm 

It is SP/TCPIP only since Duff doesn't want to update it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:44 pm 

Why even make this if it's not on public realms and only private

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:12 pm 

Because a lot of people play SP/TCPIP and it was done anyways.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:58 am 

Sorry, but i think there are one thing:
Venom add 5% AR per level to Claw Mastery but it doesn't work, nothing change on LCS when i level up Venom.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:51 pm 

You can't rely on the LCS for dmg displays far to many don't list properly. Smite, multi, and many more.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:56 pm 

kwikster wrote:
You can't rely on the LCS for dmg displays far to many don't list properly. Smite, multi, and many more.

Smite always hit, so it doesn't need AR.
Let make everything clear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:29 pm 

Updated game and patch note links. If you downloaded this already, you should download the patch_d2 only (since it's faster) and replace the patch_d2.mpq file in your HU 1.6c folder.

The update fixes the effectiveness of Amp from both CTC items and Necro casts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 am 

Updated - lowered resists (normal diff only) of tobial, andy, radament, juggernaut1+2, and ardual. All else remains the same.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:57 am 

If it was the same as 1.6b, Ardual isn't actually hard because he himself is hard. I had problems at first because of the trash there. Pit Vipers are really annoying and have a lot of HP. I don't know if you needed to lower the resist of the boss, he's really not that tough to deal with after you fight through the trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:13 am 

living2nd wrote:
Sorry, but i think there are one thing:
Venom add 5% AR per level to Claw Mastery but it doesn't work, nothing change on LCS when i level up Venom.

Well.
I see, Venom is so wrong with Claw Mastery, so it's a trash skill

You must level up Venom first then CM. LOL, very disappointed synergy.
It 10% AR, not 5%...

2k or 3k poison damage is useless from late Nightmare.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:39 pm 
Game Server Host

Venom synergy is synergising a passive. To update a passive you need to un-equip > equip an item with + skills or take a skill shrine or rejoin the game. Not sure why the ar wasn't just added to venom but w/e.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:46 pm 

Patch has 65+ downloads :o

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:31 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Venom synergy is synergising a passive. To update a passive you need to un-equip > equip an item with + skills or take a skill shrine or rejoin the game. Not sure why the ar wasn't just added to venom but w/e.

Thanks.
Assassin class in 1.6b isn't enough good, except curse reduction time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:08 pm 

The game is playing very well so far and no ping issues in single player. =)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:55 am 

Hhax wrote:
no ping issues in single player.

What a meme.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:50 am 
Game Server Host

the_apologizer wrote:
Hhax wrote:
no ping issues in single player.

What a meme.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:58 pm 

Well unfortunately single player is not very fun. It would be nice to have the server updated.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:29 am 

Your parents didn't beat you enough

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 am 

I am new, but not new.... I've always been a forum lurker ;)

I personally like SP!

Anyway, I had the 1.2 solo edition for a long time, and was excited to see that you guys made a new one for 1.6!

1.2 worked great for me, but now that I have downloaded 1.6c, I am having D2Client.DLL crashes *c0000005*

It is COMPLETELY RANDOM... sometimes it will crash on entering the game, sometimes it will work.. and when it works, it won't crash if i load any other characters. I tried turning off plugy, direct txt, redoing my graphics through Sven's glide wrapper, editing various files, redownloading, following directions to the letter... nothing works.. it is just random.. sometimes more random than I care for.

Any ideas?

**one other thing, if someone knows, and cares to answer.
In the 1.2 solo edition, I either edited the txt files to put town portal books and scrolls back in... or hacked a save to have them and then duped with shared stash...but I can't seem to do it now. I don't recall how i did it years ago :O haha
in 1.6c, I tried adding them back into Misc.txt, but they don't show up at Akara... I also tested some other entires for Akara to see if they worked, and the other items appeared just fine.
Is there a specific text file I need to edit/add the missing data?**

*************EDIT*****************
New info, I can open another instance of the game by allowing multiple instances in plugy... if I leave the crashed game up, and start another instance, works every time!
still... crashing on the first game entry (to town) is annoying, but I can use this workaround for now.

Disregard my town portal question... but for those who are interested : edit Misc.txt and make sure you set the scrolls and books to usable and spawn-able, as well as adding to specific merchant inventory
**********END OF EDIT*************

thank you! :)

Last edited by Anarchimera on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:38 pm 

If you're installing from the 1.6c that Ensley linked, what is cubemain.txt or misc.txt? Shouldn't be there, they don't exist in the bundle of downloads... unless you are just using Patch_d2.mpq with the old install on a working copy of the game. Maybe I should do that and see if it fixes the no portal book and no crafting issue I have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:00 pm 

The mpq files are entirely open source, so anyone can edit the mpq however they want assuming they know how. We don't own it and we aren't selling it so you can add portal scrolls or whatever you want if it's fun for you. You just can't edit it to play on arimyth realm since the server is using the specific mpq and you will see no changes or just crash if you try to change it. You can make an ElElEl runeword that does 999% damage if you want but if you put ElElEl in a weapon on the server it won't do anything.

I have no idea why you have no portal book Darbus but maybe trying to edit in scrolls would be better for you, lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm 

Darbus wrote:
If you're installing from the 1.6c that Ensley linked, what is cubemain.txt or misc.txt? Shouldn't be there, they don't exist in the bundle of downloads... unless you are just using Patch_d2.mpq with the old install on a working copy of the game. Maybe I should do that and see if it fixes the no portal book and no crafting issue I have.

I apologize, I was editing cubemain when I posted that and meant to say Misc.txt. Those text files are in the patch_d2.mpq under the data/global/excel path.

(Notes:
1. I use D2SE to play HU
2. The following WILL NOT work on the server! SP only)
If you don't know how to edit the text files, i don't recommend you do it, unless you back everything up. But if you do.. Get an MPQ editor and extract Misc.txt to the same path structure in your HU directory... So it will look like:

C:\HU\data\global\excel\Misc.txt

You can open it in a text editor.. but I recommend Excel, or some other spreadsheet program that can load CSV files (Comma Separated Values) There should be an option for tab delimited as well (which is what the text file really is) Also make sure to run direct txt when you run the game after you edit and save the file.
For town portal books and scrolls, you have to add them back into the vendor inventories, and be sure to change the spawnable and usable columns for whichever item you are editing, from 0 to 1, that was my mistake from my first post.

Take a look at identify scrolls and books in that text file for examples...
Also, there are plenty of modding sources out there to reference and learn from.
Good luck!

Last edited by Anarchimera on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:58 pm 

Thank you for the heads up Anarchimera, I'll look into it this weekend when I can afford more time.

@Ensley, again thank you, and I'm still very certain that I made a mistake in the way I installed it. Only issue since then has been flickering in Act 5, but that is something I can live with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:13 am 

Darbus wrote:
Thank you for the heads up Anarchimera, I'll look into it this weekend when I can afford more time.

@Ensley, again thank you, and I'm still very certain that I made a mistake in the way I installed it. Only issue since then has been flickering in Act 5, but that is something I can live with.

No problem!
A side note: Ensley informed me that there is the tome of return that drops from Leoric in Tristram, which I just found lol... but I still enjoy having the traditional TP book as I am not sure if the Tome of Return takes you to Rogue Encampmet everytime, or if it changes with each act lol :)

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 am 

It always takes you to act 1. It's for the convenience of not having to leave and rejoin a game when you are full of stuff. Direct portal scrolls are too much of a get-out-of-jail-free card which allows you to instantly restock pots and port back to a boss before he regens (and allows friends to instantly rejoin fights on MP) The other old issue was the abuse of single-spawning bosses in MP games.

Of course there are other things such as pot-bombing with your cube near the boss, but at least that's more about preparation rather than just porting in and out with frantic shift+right click pot purchases.

The most trolly thing is when you get a portal shrine right next to Diablo or Mephisto. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:55 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
It always takes you to act 1. It's for the convenience of not having to leave and rejoin a game when you are full of stuff. Direct portal scrolls are too much of a get-out-of-jail-free card which allows you to instantly restock pots and port back to a boss before he regens (and allows friends to instantly rejoin fights on MP) The other old issue was the abuse of single-spawning bosses in MP games.

Of course there are other things such as pot-bombing with your cube near the boss, but at least that's more about preparation rather than just porting in and out with frantic shift+right click pot purchases.

The most trolly thing is when you get a portal shrine right next to Diablo or Mephisto. :lol:

Yes, I understand why they were removed and agree with doing so for MP games: boss rushing, cheesing, etc... :)
I, however enjoy playing SP, never was a big fan of MP, vanilla or modded.

Thanks for helping to keep this wonderful mod alive!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:05 pm 

Updated all links; download the new patch_d2 and item list to replace your old ones.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 pm 

New update - slight rework of War Cry. See the patch notes and feel free to test it out.

Also updated how weapon block works.

Last edited by Ensley03 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:03 pm 

Note on thread listing: You have Warcry listed twice...i understand it is due to outlining changes over time, but I think you should remove the first one, as it doesn't quite pertain any more.

Warcry changes: Will be interesting to see how the faster missile speed works out. Is the duration the same? Roughly how big is the total area compared to something like nova? There are some pluses to both faster and slower missile speeds. It was discussed a long time ago, so I forget all the details...the main one was probably similar to tornado and essentially double hits. If the next hit delay is too high, then the second shot misses...which is why nados are slow.
Still, higher speed gives area damage...i will probably enjoy it either way (as long as the aforementioned is worked out for high cast speeds).

Set changes: Um....please no. The way that set auras work is (basically) well known for a long time. It forces a choice...maybe not elegantly, but it does.

Secondly, you are changing ones that likely don't need to be changed at all. If you look at all the ones that have issues, they are all the ones that 'refresh' under certain conditions. Cleansing, Prayer, Meditation (all players checks), Sanctuary (monster check). Things like Defiance, Concentration, etc are checked only on initiation or on item change.
If you take Def off Hsarus set I will RIOT! (j/k...but really it's worn a soft spot in dark, shriveled heart).

Thirdly, Many of these sets are used on mercs. These will not conflict (much) with 'your' auras. This is a massive nerf overall. Area of effect for single target+same to lower values. Maybe it's needed, but I haven't seen the reasoning for that. Just that this is to simplify the mechanics available to used.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:26 am 

So many people whined about the set auras that this was the end result. Meditation was actually one of the most annoying if you're wearing Arcanna's because it constantly resets with that HEEEEEEEEEEE sound, and it does jumble your FCR as it toggles on and off, so it is indeed quite broken.

For War Cry, the hit delay is 6 frames; I doubt you can ever cast more than 4 times per second. It says Barbs with 200% FCR get 7 frames.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 am 

Whining, and confusion due to ignorance, are completely different things. I know Med can be annoying when on sets. It only happens on the player, not when put on a merc. Blargh.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:40 am 

Big update for crossbows! Due to the nature of the 7/11 frame cap of bows/crossbows, crossbows really become useless late game. They still may be technically inferior by the numbers in some cases, but some large improvements have been made to greatly shorten the gap.

-All crossbows now have an innate 25-50% pierce chance
-The 4 elite crossbows have had their damage greatly increased and their speeds have been increased to the following:
Pellet bow: -20
Gorgon crossbow: -10
Colossus crossbow: 0
Demon Crossbow: -50

-All bolts starting at ilvl 50 will often spawn with +3-5 bow/crossbow skills
-Magic and rare bolts can now spawn with extremely powerful damage mods
-The elite unique crossbows and bolts have been improved

Note that these changes only really affect higher level items (55+)

All links updated!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:26 pm 

So I followed this install, I can load the game, log into my account.
once I join a game I have all sound and everything but the screen in completely black.
Not sure what i'm missing or how to fix this.

I tried single player as well just to make sure it wasn't battle net but same issue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 am 

That must be a problem with your video settings, I would say. Are you using glide? And if yes, did you tinker with the settings?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:53 am 

Yes I was using glide and changed all the settings as it said up top.
I changed it to DDraw and it worked!. Not sure if this is ok to play on but it seems fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 am 

Don't worry about it, glide also does not work for me. I never played with it for that reason.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:25 am 

Awesome well thanks a lot Pure, Ensley and Apologizer for all your help.
The game works i'm already level 6 so I really appreciate you spending the time to assist me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:10 am 

Updated all links - if you play SP go ahead and get it now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:19 am 

Malwarebytes reported "Trojan.Meredrop" when i downloaded this yesterday?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm 

The download link hasn't changed since March 8th. 412 total downloads no other reports of this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:22 am 

Lost my last reply to fat fingers : (

Didn't mean to imply anything or appear ungrateful-- i've been using your 1.16a complete folder and it's amazing, for which i am indeed exceedingly grateful.

For what it's worth and if you're interested, i downloaded folder, set compatibility and permissions, then scanned with malwarebytes before running the .exe-- my usual protocol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:25 am 

No worries mate I was just letting you know. If you're still playing 1.6a you should switch to the new version, much more balanced. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:06 am 
Game Server Host

Stickied and renamed

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Complete D2SE Filetree + HU v1.6c
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:33 am 

Edited OP to include 1.10 rollback help.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:36 pm 

Hi there.

I followed the steps and made to the solo/tcpi section (went with the full install). I've extracted the plugy & other mandatory plugy files and replaced the exisiting. Unfortunately no option for "enable Plugy" like in the pictures are not present. I can, however, select "enable PlugY" for any other patch excluding hell unleashed (ie. 1.10, 1.09 etc).

Additionally, loading up the game and making a character all work fine. Once the game starts, its a blank screen; but i can hear the sounds.

I've installed all of this in my C:\ directory. I'm on windows 7 x64.

Thanks!

EDIT: Playing in non-windowed mode works. Still working to fix the plugy issue.
EDIT#2: Okay i was supposed to extract the plugy in HU folder, now it works. Thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:21 am 

Blank screen with sound is generally a resolution error; make sure the game says it's running in 1024x768 in D2ExpRes and looks like this:

[ModeResolution]
;Resolutions
X1=1024
Y1=768
X2=1024
Y2=768

Glad you got it working for the most part.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:55 pm 

The cube recipe link is dead fyi

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:41 am 

is this mod single player only?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:22 pm 

1.6c is live on multiplayer. 1.7 is a WIP single player (or tcp/ip) test version for the future patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:21 pm 

Molondo: there is a thread just below this one that has crafted items.
The rest of the cube recipes is here.
http://hudb.arimyth.com/cube-recipes

i don't see any dead links.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:51 am 

Thanks Kramuti.

I meant in OP; the "Complete Item and Cube List: HERE". It seems to be fixed now.

Cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:40 am 

Anyone know how to get Plugy to refund skill points? I enabled
[SKILLS POINTS]
ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1
ActiveSkillsUnassignmentOneForOne=1
PosXUnassignSkillBtn=-1
PosYUnassignSkillBtn=-1

in plugy.ini in both the HU folder and D2SE folder. It added a button, but clicking it does nothing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 am 

Come for SP update (many tnx!), hit links and got this:
Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:58 pm 

http://www.filedropper.com/16cspplugy

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 pm 

I hope the file becomes available to download soon ;_;.. I've been checking every day for almost 3 days and no luck.

I've tried installing the game and getting variations to work in total of almost 5 hrs but end up always getting a corrupted file or issues with patch agreement. Really looking forward to playing the game sometime soon

Thanks for being nice though

e; If someone would be awesome enough to help walk me through how to get things working that'd be awesome.. I guess im really bad at stuff like this and was hoping the complete 1.6 download would solve all my problems ._.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:01 pm 

It looks like it might be down for at least 30 days since it's my 3rd suspension due to excess downloads.

Basically all you need to do is follow these steps viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13821 but download the megafileupload here instead of the 1.6c there.

-you need the base d2 game
-you need 1.10 rollback http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/TrenShadow/ change .zzz to .zip
-you need d2se
-you need the 1.5 core files
-you need the 1.6c patch_d2 HERE http://www.filedropper.com/16cspplugy in the mods folder

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:48 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
It looks like it might be down for at least 30 days since it's my 3rd suspension due to excess downloads.

Basically all you need to do is follow these steps http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13821 but download the megafileupload here instead of the 1.6c there.

-you need the base d2 game
-you need 1.10 rollback http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/TrenShadow/ change .zzz to .zip
-you need d2se
-you need the 1.5 core files
-you need the 1.6c patch_d2 in the mods folder

Thanks for the assistance. I don't really understand why this is impossible for me to get to work.. Let me walk through every step I've done so far.. each time I do it i end up getting "The file data is corrupt." File: D:\Diablo II\d2data.mpq

1. Diablo 2 base game install from battle.net
2. Copy files for 1.10 over and replace.
3. install D2SE
4. Drop HU_D2SE_Core_1.5 in Mods folder
5. Downloaded 1.6c core and replaced files in HU_D2SE_Core_1.5 with those files.
6. Open D2SE (ensure D2SE, Game.exe, Diablo II.app are all set to compatibility SP3, run as admin)
7. Select Hell Unleashed from D2SE list, "Start pluggin"

Then I get the file data is corrupt ;_;..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:02 pm 

Try to run D2ModSetup

If you don't have one, open notepad and type

@echo off
rundll32 .\d2mod.dll,D2ModSetup
@echo on

save it as D2ModSetup.bat then put it in the main folder and run it.

Also don't download the 1.6c core. that's what the new one here is for.

If you get it to work, make a copy of the folder before you try to also get the Plugy+other files to work.

At the moment I'm trying to upload the full folder again, so stay tuned and see how that works out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:39 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Try to run D2ModSetup

If you don't have one, open notepad and type

@echo off
rundll32 .\d2mod.dll,D2ModSetup
@echo on

save it as D2ModSetup.bat then put it in the main folder and run it.

Also don't download the 1.6c core. that's what the new one here is for.

If you get it to work, make a copy of the folder before you try to also get the Plugy+other files to work.

So the "other files" goes in the HU mod folder, Patch_D2 goes in the Diablo II main folder and PlugY just overwrites the PlugY folder right?

Did that and also ran the .bat and it said "installed successfully" still corrupted .data ;_;

I've actually never spent so much time doing something lol.. almost 5 hrs of trying to get this to work

e; Saw your edit, I'll be hopeful friend. Very much appreciate your help <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:06 pm 

Patch_d2 goes in the HU folder. The 'other files' goes in both folders and the plugy files go in the plugy folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 pm 

New link ready, get hyped. :P

https://www.mediafire.com/?mffo27i8m9d9rz7

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
New link ready, get hyped. :P

https://www.mediafire.com/?mffo27i8m9d9rz7

Thanks man, DLing now. You're a hero <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:41 pm 

Remember you still have to do the instructions on the first page for winXP sp3 and such. Also remember to not use your private stash with Plugy. Click the button to use the shared stashes. You're welcome, enjoy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 am 

Updated links 1 last time here. Changes include buffs to several sets that kind of had no purpose or reason to use them. Full folder / item list / patch all updated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Drastic Class changes on skills, any summary anywhere?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:48 pm 

So this may not belong at the end of this thread, but i'm asking anyways as it does pertain specifically to this version. I started playing with a friend and wanted to try something difference than my usual barbarian or sorceress run.

So a ranged druid summoner is what i thought would be fun. However my buddy informed me i'd never be able to beat or survive HU with that class. I didn't want to believe him and did some online class build research and calculating based on online skill calculators.....only to find out the HU doesn't just increase/alter damage amounts, synergy %'s, items; it completely alters some skills. Example: oak sage for druid summons a creature/spirit to increase life and mana for you and your party.....in vanilla. In HU(this version anyways) it increases elemental penetration.

Is there ANY sort of chart or text file listing ALL the classes and their respective skill changes? bc its a little hard to build a char for success if you don't know their skills. Thanks

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Drastic Class changes on skills, any summary anywhere?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:17 pm 

Huggins777 wrote:
So this may not belong at the end of this thread, but i'm asking anyways as it does pertain specifically to this version. I started playing with a friend and wanted to try something difference than my usual barbarian or sorceress run.

So a ranged druid summoner is what i thought would be fun. However my buddy informed me i'd never be able to beat or survive HU with that class. I didn't want to believe him and did some online class build research and calculating based on online skill calculators.....only to find out the HU doesn't just increase/alter damage amounts, synergy %'s, items; it completely alters some skills. Example: oak sage for druid summons a creature/spirit to increase life and mana for you and your party.....in vanilla. In HU(this version anyways) it increases elemental penetration.

Is there ANY sort of chart or text file listing ALL the classes and their respective skill changes? bc its a little hard to build a char for success if you don't know their skills. Thanks

Not the thread for it but best way is to get hero editor and/or just make characters in single player. Hero Editor will let you create characters with 255 skill points, put gear on them, level them to 99, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:22 pm 

Druid summoner rampages through norm and NM at least.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:14 pm 

Does a 1.6c Full exist? I'd be very interested to have a version of 1.6c with the new music. Even browsing files.arimyth/HU I can only find a link to 1.6 Lite. Searching cached webpages of old forum posts mention a 1.6c Full "Link Coming Later" but no actual link appears to ever be posted.

Has 1.6 ever been given the New Music treatment? I've attempted to merge the soundtrack from 1.5 into 1.6c but I'm getting nothing but crashes when doing so. I'm not an expert modder so I don't really know where to start with this task or how complex of a task it would be.

Any info is welcome! Cheers!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 am 

Ensley would be the best person to officially reply, but he hasn't been around the forum for quite a while. As far as I know, there's no HUv1.6c Multiplayer version or FullMusic version (I've no idea which is the last version with full music, but that was one of the features of v1.7 some folks were looking forward to).

Since PureRage is busy with off-site work, I think I'm the only HU modder that currently frequents the forums, but I never did any sound editing. From quickly taking a look at the files, it looks like this is required (for a Level's background music):
  1. Create an entry in sounds.txt for the music (PhozenKeep Fileguide). Don't forget to actually place a sound file in the location specified.
  2. Create an entry in SoundEnviron.txt (I didn't notice a file guide) with a pointer to the entry in sounds.txt.
  3. Edit Levels.txt's soundenv field to point to the entry in SoundEnviron.txt (PhrozenKeep fileguide).

If you'd like to ask your questions to D2 modders with more Sound experience, consider posting on PhrozenKeep

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:22 am 

Thank you for the heads-up; that's great information and a handy starting point! I may mess around with that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 am 

Alright, I was messing around a bit with getting the custom Hell Unleashed music into 1.6c and I think I got an acceptable result - though I still need to test stability.

This 1.6c file tree in this topic contains the file:
/D2SE/Patch_D2.mpq.

That file has the code and music from a previous version of Hell Unleashed (I don't know which version but I'd imagine 1.5?) - the exact data that I want in 1.6c.

After learning a bit about how D2SE works, I discovered the following inside D2SE_SETUP.ini:

Code:
#MPQ Setup
#1=Patch_D2.mpq gets loaded 0=gets unloaded. Use 0 only when your own .mpq holds all content of patch_d2.mpq
ModUsePatch_D2=1
#Names of up to 3 own MPQ Files in increasing priority. All of them are higher than patch_d2 32 Chars each maximum
ModMPQ1=Client_Edits.mpq
#ModMPQ2=
#ModMPQ3=

My procedure to get the Hell Unleashed custom music into HU 1.6c is as follows:

Go into the HU 1.6c mod folder: Diablo II/MODS/HU-1.6c/

RENAME Patch_d2.mpq to something else (I called it HU_16c.mpq)

COPY the Patch_d2.mpq from Diablo II/D2SE that I mentioned before INTO the HU 1.6c mod folder. This folder now has both files.

EDIT the D2SE_SETUP.ini files in the ROOT directory as well as in the HU 1.6c folder like so:

Code:
#MPQ Setup
#1=Patch_D2.mpq gets loaded 0=gets unloaded. Use 0 only when your own .mpq holds all content of patch_d2.mpq
ModUsePatch_D2=1
#Names of up to 3 own MPQ Files in increasing priority. All of them are higher than patch_d2 32 Chars each maximum
ModMPQ1=HU_16c.mpq
ModMPQ2=Client_Edits.mpq
#ModMPQ3=

This causes Hell Unleashed 1.6c to load the old Patch_d2.mpq (the random one from the D2SE folder that I have no idea what version it is but it contains the music+sound code) FIRST, and THEN load the HU_16c.mpq file - which remember is the ACTUAL 1.6c MPQ file that contains the game data.

The result is that we load in all the MISSING sound data from the old Patch_d2 file, then OVERWRITE it with the 1.6c mpq file. What you get is a game that's using the 1.6c patch_d2 MPQ data...but you ALSO have all the missing sound+music data.

I still need to figure out whether this has any negative side effect but after about half an hour of playtesting it seems to have worked perfectly. The only noticable side-effect is that I have an extra ~350 MB MPQ file that seems to add a couple of seconds to the "save and exit game" operation but I can more than live with that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:54 pm 

^This is brilliant and it actually works. :D

I've created a new balance patch for this as a single player or duo version with Plugy. I have included the new functioning music changes into it, as well as fixing the lvl 95 caves to not have uber mobs in normal or nightmare, Gidbinn map bug, etc, as well as many skill changes to ideally make ANY skill useful end-game with the right build (examples: Might aura gives far more damage than Concentration and Fanaticism, since all it adds is damage. Doubleswing does a lot more damage than Frenzy, but you don't get the speed, IAS, or DR.) Gear has NOT been changed, so you don't need to worry about bad inventory data or creating legacy items. I have also expanded some of the smaller treasure caves and such to have more monsters, more loot, and just overall more content.

The goals of this are to not have any cookie cutter builds that you must go, and to create a game version for people who can't or won't play the more difficult online realm versions. Mraw's new patch will likely be better than this, but not for people who only want to play single player. Play one or play both, whatever your preference.

Just download the Full 1.6c Complete Game on the first page, copy out your saves folder (if you have one), put it in this one, and delete your old Full 1.6c Complete Game. Be sure to make the setting changes again listed on the first page (windows xp sp3, etc).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Complete D2SE Filetree for 1.8 and 1.6c
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 am 

Updated to include 1.8 for people with issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Updated to include 1.8 for people with issues.

edit: My mistake. I was trying to launch the game from a separate D2SE install; I didn't notice that you included a D2SE executable inside the mod folder.

Whoops.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:16 am 

The 1.8 download you provided only appears to have 1.6c files in it. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 am 

The name of the folder is not important. The files are correct.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Complete filetree for 1.8 SOLO version
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:35 pm 

Updated and removed 1.6c solo for the new 1.8 solo version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 am 

EDITED for next post

Updated hireling fix - A3 mercs will cast blizzard and meteor more often, will cast ice bolt and firestorm less often. Go to mods -> HU -> data -> global -> excel and swap out the hireling.txt file and delete the .bin file.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 pm 

Updated the data and webpage folder with a minor fix and balance changes. This will not cause any character crashes. Simply delete your old data folder and put this one in its place, along with the webpage maker for accurate changes.

Notable changes are:
-Hireling fix for Blizzard and Meteor
-Increased chance to gamble sets and uniques
-Removed Fire Enchanted from non-super uniques
-Reduced the dmg% bonuses from runes
-Increased power of some gems
-Increased power of Uber uniques
-Increased base durability of all weapons to 250
-Increased resist penalties for NM and Hell to -60 and -120
-Increased Battle Command duration to 5 minutes
-Slightly improved Immolation Arrow burn radius
-Improved Double Swing and Frenzy damage scaling. Doubles Swing does significantly higher damage than Frenzy due to not gaining the IAS/FRW that Frenzy does.

Last edited by Ensley03 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 pm 

thx ensley for adding the hireling fix !!! :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
-Improved Double Swing and Frenzy damage scaling. Doubles Swing does significantly higher damage than Frenzy due to not gaining the IAS/FRW that Frenzy does.

This is likely due to the change in the double swing animation in 1.5? If you put it back to default, it attacks faster than Frenzy, and it's minimum allowed fpa is better as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm 

Updated 2/12/18 small string error fix and now packed as a single folder again. Get it HERE!

Just replace the Save folder with your old version before you delete the old version.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Complete filetree for 1.9 SOLO version
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:31 pm 

Updated 4/29/18 for 1.9 solo version. If you have the previous 1.8 solo version, you can just swap out the data folders.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Updated 4/29/18 for 1.9 solo version. If you have the previous 1.8 solo version, you can just swap out the data folders.

very nice !!! downloading now thx m8!

any1 interested in running a server to play this ? i find d2 boring solo but in duo it is cool! but i cant play on a daily basis so if its possible to have something that show who is playing atm on a server ( the only program i know my self is hamachi but i dont know how to host something and shit like that also there is tunngle that ppl use to play diablo tchernobog which show who is online ) so ppl who like to play this wit a friend or two could step in and see if there is ppl online ?? i dont know if this make any sens at all since my english is very poor !!!! well if any1 understood me and know how to do it let me know wat you are running and server info and shit and ill be there everytime i play 1.9 sp !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:01 am 

Updated final version for single player. You must use the whole new folder as it says up top.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:25 pm 

I've extracted the content to C: and created few chars. They all lack weapon, gold, a skill and stats point, like we used to had. Is this how it is suppose to be or I'm doing something wrong?
I have to fist fight and I can't kill anybody.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:53 pm 

TrueLies wrote:
I've extracted the content to C: and created few chars. They all lack weapon, gold, a skill and stats point, like we used to had. Is this how it is suppose to be or I'm doing something wrong?
I have to fist fight and I can't kill anybody.

well it is normal to start empty of everything but, you should have either 30 or 60 remaining stats point to add + 10k gold in your invenory to buy a few piece of gear to slain those fools out there !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 pm 

am i the only 1??? when i use a plugy version of any sp version. when i lvl up my free stats to add are not RED colored . ( its not a big deal i just want to know if i am the only 1 having this issu or if its plugy that always does it ! )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:06 am 

Here is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/nn0jDD7
Btw, on the last picture arrow and close button don't work.

Anybody know how to fix this?

I have 1.7 version in another folder also in C:. Could that be the problem?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:12 pm 

The only thing I can think of for that is maybe your resolution is not right. It must be 1024x768.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:06 pm 

I changed the resolution but it didn't help much. I still don't have skill and stats to spend, no money and char screen is missing most of text.

Why is it so hard to make it work out of the box, like it used to. Extract the files, run .bat file and play. :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:23 pm 

Redownload the complete folder up there
Have it as your only D2 folder in C:/
Change the patch_d2 to the 1.8 one if you're trying to play on the realm
Run some kind of registry cleaner like CCleaner
Run D2modsetup and make sure it says it's on
Run HU.reg if you're trying to play on realm

There's no way it can't work unless you did something wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:30 am 

Thanks for putting this together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:14 pm 

Some questions for anyone here who can answer for hirelings.

A1 rogues for instance: From what I gather looking at the files in an excel viewer, there's 3 versions for normal (10, 55, 75), 2 NM (55, 75), and 1 hell (75).

Things which I hope someone can confirm:

1. They all gain 20 HP per level regardless of the difficulty.
2. They all use the same skills regardless of the difficulty. (N/NM/Hell all have same access to their skillset)

My main question then becomes, what's the main difference, I can only infer that the difference is in the skill cast frequency.

If the only difference is the rate in which certain skills are used, which are the best? Hell hirelings?

EDIT: Also, what is the difference between the 3 different versions in normal, and 2 different versions in NM? Is it just thresholds for the base level the hireling is hired at, or are there functional differences?

I am pretty confused, can someone dumb this down for me? Thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:32 pm 

You have to look at the ones that say version 100. Their chance to fire/cast specific things should be the same unless there's an error somewhere. They will use their skills as soon as it's available, like level 24 for immolation arrow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 am 

HP always seems bloated like hell.

It's basically impossible to do anything in a new game, I dropped it too 100 and even then its fiesty.

I have no problem with the creatures doing a lot of damage but please remove the bloating which does nothing but slow your progress tremendously

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:57 pm 

HU isn't supposed to be like D3 or POE where you can just instantly melt hordes of monsters and boss fights end in 10-20 seconds. Their boss fights have cut scenes that last longer than the actual fights. This entire folder is open source and you are free to edit it as you please; but I fear you may get bored if you dumb down the monsters too much. The items here are better than what we have on the live realm; particularly in leech and resists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:18 am 

Updated with some minor final fixes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:43 am 

i dont seem to be able to adjust max resist.

I changed it in the ini but it still shows 50 ingame.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:55 pm 

It's built into the states of the patch itself. You'd have to edit states and itemstatcost I believe, perhaps skills too for passivestat calcs, I forget. Then you'd have to recompile the new data into the mpq again.

I wouldn't recommend changing the resists much or at all though as it would significantly change game balance. Keep maths in mind, going from 50% to 75% would cut damage in half, as they'd be going from 50% to 25%. Anything more than a 5-10% increase would make the game super watered down.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:35 am 

hello guys,

Haven't played this mod in a long time; so glad to see it's still alive! A couple years ago I was playing the solo 1.21z version because I play too sporadically to play on the realms unfortunately.

I see the SP version has been updated (couple times since then?). What would be a decent build to just have fun playing through 1.9 SOLO, hardcore? I normally would search the forums but there's been so many patches and apparently big changes that I'm not sure where to start. Thank you!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:28 am 

Has anyone else run into an issue where gold is not on loot tables anymore?

Maybe I'm misremembering and it never was. I dunno.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:40 am 

Hi everyone. I would like to report that the download link for the filetree for 1.9 solo version does not seem to be working for me anymore. I do not know if this is just me or if this is happening to everyone. Has the link been removed?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:42 am 

Hi everyone. I would like to report that the download link for the filetree for 1.9 solo version does not seem to be working for me anymore. I do not know if this is just me or if this is happening to everyone. Has the link been removed?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm 

Hey everyone!

I used to play with this mod about 10 years ago or so.
Is there any way to download this new solo version because the provided link in the OP is dead.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:32 pm 

Hey people!

The link in the OP post is dead, someone can link a mirror for it?
Many thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:25 am 

Any chance of re-uploading the 1.9 solo package? OrangeBox reports it missing.

I've been playing 1.6c for many moons, but I like the fact that saves should work moving forward, plus new areas and items.

Many thanks!

Offline Profile