Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

Post subject: 1.8 feedback thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am 

It's early in the reset but tell me what you think here as you play. I'm curious about how everyone feels about the patch.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.8 feedback thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 am 

small problems but overwhelmingly good experience so far. i dont remmeber if this is the first patch that does it but putting the flayer dungeon next to wp instead of swampy pit is nice qol thank you for that

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:30 pm 

Hello there, not sure if maybe my download got corrupted or what but I am noticing the following:

1. I made a Zon and seems like most of the items I am picking up are Requirement level 50-60. I mean like the helms and sash's, Ammys etc. Also I found a few set of arrows that give like 150-200 to strength when equipped. Not sure those are supposed to be like that?

2. When I try to equip the gas potion, which on my screen does not have a level requirement my game automatically drops. Another player in the game stated that when he picked it up it stated that the level requirement was like 8 or something like that?

Im thinking maybe my download is corrupted? I use D2SE and just overwrote the files in my 1.7 Mods Folder ohh I also used the high res new music download option if that matters?

Ohh one more thing recently every time I try to create a game I get an assertion error D2Common\UNITS\Units.cpp.line # 1769 or something like that.

Thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 pm 

Definitely sounds like your install is messed up.

1.8 plays great so far. The removal of synergies is a bit odd, I hope the skills scale well into endgame hell. Having 3-5 different skills is a lot more fun than the old way of playing where you had to plan for a single overwhelming skill build like "rabies druid", or "blizzard sorc".

I think everyone is glad to be able to play again. 1.7 was like some other mod, didn't play or feel like HU at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 am 

Quote:
maybe im the only one with this problem but in some areas like the lava area before samhain i get faulty maps where at some point i cant travel the map at all because it just ends, when server side there seems to be stuff there since monsters spawn in the lava, and merc is walking there as well. using hi res no music from dropbox
http://i.imgur.com/iqFcOIh.jpg

it also gives an initialization errer in ddraw which i would prefer to use

also hall of heroes crashes still. seemingly for the first to enter (as far as the "testing" goes) but it might crash randomly

/e: entered again with inv windows open to hide game, then it worked and then i moved and the game crashed again

/e: it would be nice to know from the eye description which belong together. smartest thing is to look in docs or properly seperate them or cube instantly, but still a rational thing to put it in the description of the items

/e: fresh topkek from realm of the slain http://i.imgur.com/9RtdZMv.jpg
hope some solution for this exists

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 pm 

- Tobial's room is giving me trouble. Every time I try to walk through the most northeastern door I get rubberbanded back into the big room. Al was having the same issue, but managed to get through and drag tobial back eventually. Even in different games, I have still not successfully gotten into tobial's room.

- I know I mentioned this to you in game, but a3 bliz merc is casting bliz at a very low frequency. If ice blast actually did damage it wouldn't be as bad, but when it comes to helping clear trash, you basically sit and wait for him to cast bliz cuz ice blast doesn't do noticeable damage. I'd recommend either buffing ice blast damage, or increasing the frequency of blizz (and even lower the dmg)

- I tried PnB merc too, he was performing really well. Him casting confuse was a nice surprise, and he wasn't casting it too much to where it became annoying.

- I love all the QoL changes that have stuck throughout the years of your patch iterations. Many moons ago you made throw daggers travel the entire screen, stuff like that, iz nice :)

- Made a melee druid to start, it's slow as balls and sucks to clear wps with, but did his job on bosses. Feels fine.
- Made a summon necro, probably gonna go with maxing some golems. Build feels good so far. Both are in norm a4 gettin ready for seals/diablo. Will keep you posted on progress and how builds are performing.

So far patch feels pretty balanced. I was nervous about rollin a tank with no juvs, since spike damage could lead to sad times, but it seems well done. Thrack kicked my druid's ass though haha

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 pm 

Looks great from what I've seen so far.. Im going to do a play through in single player in a couple days and I will let you know what's up.. great job ..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 am 

Ensley was having some of the exact same problems with the maps as you guys. He fixed them somehow. I forgot what he did, he can give you the details. Do you use d2se? Try without d2se with a fresh install.

Glad you guys are enjoying the patch so far. we can fix any issues and then the next patch will be great

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:26 am 

well, after some testing im pretty sure that its not my/d2/d2se's fault vs something is wrong with the hu folder

the reason for that is that a fresh folder with 1.8 no music hi res doesnt display the map properly in the realm of the slain, while a fresh folder with 1.8 music hi res does.
all i did was download the files, unzip into 2 different empty folders, start d2se, check window mode ddraw and launch the game to see what happens. i did not reinstall diablo or d2se or edited/moved files around randomly or anything else.
but im just talking, look at it for yourself, im in the same game on realm as indicated by the name and password in those pictures and the results are quite different

proper hi res music: http://i.imgur.com/XNLYBtI.jpg
broken hi res no music: http://i.imgur.com/U9YI1mP.jpg

this seems like solid evidence that its something in the hu download itself that is causing this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am 

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:07 pm 

Ok I'll fix the no music file and upload it when I have time. I'm currently traveling, but I'll do it asap. Until then everyone just use the music version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:16 am 

I haven't ran into any issues yet. Great job it feels like HU again.. I will keep you posted..cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:02 pm 

In normal, the northwest diablo seal (can't remember his name, tornado dude) felt really underwhelming compared to what I've come to expect from him. It felt like he was the weaker of the 3 seals when he is usually the one I'm most afraid of.

Granted, I was a beefy druid with max oak and what not, 10% dr, 50% block, so take it with a grain of salt. Some squishies might be getting rekt but I was just holding right click on him

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:37 pm 

tobial's room in a1 is very glitchy. i spent at least 10 mins just trying to get to him from a short distance away because of non stop rubber banding back into the same spot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm 

Pious wrote:
tobial's room in a1 is very glitchy. i spent at least 10 mins just trying to get to him from a short distance away because of non stop rubber banding back into the same spot.

I was eventually able to get through by sticking to the top wall, going around the right side, then through the door. I then ran zig zags into tobials room and eventually got in. But yea, that room is f'd

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:26 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
Pious wrote:

I was eventually able to get through by sticking to the top wall, going around the right side, then through the door. I then ran zig zags into tobials room and eventually got in. But yea, that room is f'd

Must be installation issue, only some people do get that problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:01 am 

^ you dont get that problem? or who doesnt get that problem exactly?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

For the people having issues with tobial's room and other room issues like this I suggest a clean reinstall of D2 ..If your running d2se make a new hu 1.8 file in your mods folder and delete 1.7 .. I use d2se and I installed 1.8 this way and I have no problems . I just redid tobial to see if I would have this issue and I don't... I hope this helps you guys cheers..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:30 pm 

^ wrong. d2se users just make a new folder, put in fresh high res music version and it works.

high res no music is "corrupted" atm. it has nothing to do with an error with the original d2, so reinstalling it is a waste of time

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 pm 

thanks, will try

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

Not to burst your bubble but I'm right . I had issues with D2se when I just put 1.8 over 1.7...and besides if the music one works great download it and just turn the music off if you want to listen to the Back Street Boys do it lmao..
... anyways cheets guy's

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:45 pm 

Sry for the double post but someone needs to advertise this. it's great ..That's my only issue lol,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:37 pm 

Now Bramble
+50% FHRecovery
+80 Defense
+2 to All Skills
+40-60 HP per kill
+8% Poison Damage
+10% Cast Level 40 War Cry on Kill
33 Charges of level 1 Spirit of Barbs
+12% Resist Fire Ral
2% Pierce Enemy Lightning Resistance Ohm
+1-100 Lightning Damage Ohm
2% Pierce Enemy Magic Resistance Sur
+30-50 Magic Damage Sur
+20% Regen MP Eth

trash ???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 am 

For some weird reason i was able to hold on my char almost 7 millions of gold. Not in stash, just on my char straight, 6.8 mil gold. Happened on Canada server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 am 

The max on person is a lot higher since 1.5 I believe...I recall holding about 10 million on hand a patch or two ago.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 am 

Franky is using the old d2 mod ini file. Duff is using the correct one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:50 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:

Could this be why my gold has poofed a couple times now?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am 

yes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:51 am 

NM and Hell versions of claws do not spawn with skills, which sucks a lot, atm only the normal aka normal difficulty base versions of claws spawn with random + skill mods.

Funny I kinda can recall this happening before let me think that was a 1.5 bug lol, it was reported before but never fixed duh? :|

Also

At gates of Arimyth in the East Arimyth, the hero Dr.Rodrigues, He teleports randomly and quite often teleports inside of the center statue and gets stuck there, while beeing very akward to target, and imposible to approach in mele, and if you teleport to him you get stuck as well, sometimes he teleports behind the statues on the far end of the room and stays there, fun fact you cant acces that area unless you got teleport.

Edit: The staff-mods on Orbs also seem to be bugged.

Last edited by Zen1337 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am 

Zen1337 wrote:
NM and Hell versions of claws do not spawn with skills, which sucks a lot, atm only the normal aka normal difficulty base versions of claws spawn with random + skill mods.

Funny I kinda can recall this happening before let me think that was a 1.5 bug lol, it was reported before but never fixed duh? :|

This is also the case for sorc orbs, no skills spawning on whites

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:21 am 

That's due to 1.7 introducing new item types for excep and elite items and staff mods were not a part of 1.7. It is something i missed. Sorry. I fixed it for 1.9 though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:40 am 

Uniq ring rewards in nm and especialy in hell feel rather strong, the hell one with 2 skill and all them sick mods is like the best ring in game. the nm one is also top tier imho. at least for mele-ish hybrid chars .

So like the normal one is just amazing for progression, the nm one feels good and Im using it personaly for my build and the, hell one is just sick good.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:38 am 

Weird thing happened yesterday. Guardian in that arcane sanctuary styled area on the way to Baal just suicided and didn't open portal. I forced him out of square area in order to clear the room from trash mobs, and when we were ready to fight him, he was dead and there was no red portal. No idea what caused that.

Also, in the tribute uber with user-named bosses necromancer type guy with summons randomly dies aswell, but atleast he drops cube reagents. :D

Bul khatos set is awful. It has level 88 requirement and at the point of the game you will get it weapons with 250 max damage are just joke. Could've been nice set, if swords were spawning as ethereal ones.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:43 am 

Had the Guardian at the cleff od dimensions randomly die, but he died at the stairs and didnt spawn portal.

There is something wrong with fire bosses and some fire enchanted unique monsters, the one's I can recal:

The fire dragon on Hell. Fire enchanted skeleton mage mini-boss on pre throne baal map, as I mentioned dr.Rodrigues.

They seem to have bugged fire skills, that result in spawning a sort of animation-less fire sprite at the base of monster that does insane damage and usualy melts any mele in 1 second. Notices that before this happens it looks like a Meteor is frozen in air at the monster location and the fire then appears.

The stat reward on normal grants 5 stat points and no reset, and the skill reset reward from amiryth on nm grants 1 skill points and no reset.

Crushing blow does not add from offhand weapons, not sure if intended or bug.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 am 

Horking cow king on hell difficulty crashing the game. Tried twice. Fucking annoying piece of shit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:13 pm 

Rix wrote:
Horking cow king on hell difficulty crashing the game. Tried twice. Fucking annoying piece of shit.

you're not supposed to be able to hork cow king. Pretty sure this has always resulted in the game dropping

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:14 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:

Sry for double post, but has anyone been in touch with Franky about this? Losing all my gold every day is brutal

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 pm 

Something pretty bugged about monster shock web dmg (and i think LE) - seems far too strong, have had some legitimate scares on chars with 6-7k life. Talking about from regular monsters as a counter (i think it's an on-hit counter).

Generally I don't find counters on trash to be a good idea, when it's been implemented it just lends itself to skipping a lot of content.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 pm 

the shockweb is something im nerfing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:19 pm 

Cube anything, result : 2 new item ???
Cube rune
Cube charm
And RW ???
Gold is easy to get
People will afk in town for only job )) cube !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
the shockweb is something im nerfing

It rip'd my drood with max res, 6k life with lvl 36 oak+bo, etc. After I solo'd hell andy, I took a trip to the sewers and rip'd to a fuckin skeleton mage LOL. ClownCarVagina had a good life. Not much MDR to speak of (probably less than 10), but the only thing I could think of is if the skele aura pierces res really bad. If not, that damage should be scaled way back. It wasn't quite a one-shot, but it zapped me reaaaal fast. There wasn't enough time to move, try to s/e, deedz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:10 am 

Well the thing with it was it has no nhd so if it stacks on you just right then you die instantly. I just added nhd to it so the damage will stay consistent. A lot of skills from 1.7 don't have nhd, like blade sentinel. Which is crazy since not limiting multi hit skills gets out of control fast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:11 am 

ah I see, that must have been it. Thanks for clarifying :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:32 pm 

I've entered hell samhain map and teleport kicked him while he was playing hes initial dialog. That hit took hes 1/4 hp.

After a while Ive went to town to stock on pots, re-entered the room and also teleport kicked him. On second time he was full hp and died in 1 hit...

Similiar thing was happening randomly with some of the bosses in a5 hell like, the guardian that has been reported by few people dying in what seems to be in 1 hit at times.

Last edited by Zen1337 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:20 pm 

I dont see the differnce between werewolf and werebear, in past wolf run faster, more crit and attack rating; bear has more health (a bit) and more damage/def. In 1.8 version the only difference is Bear has more than 10% hp. I think it is not fun, and how frost bite/fire claw build surrrive ? Why dont you make them has small aoe like fire kick (1.6c assasin skill i forget name)
You know there is no way for single hit melee build to surrive in hell difficult, and 2 handle weapon build is still weak

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 pm 

there are several problems with halls of arimyth:
#clearing the 3 areas prior to the boss rooms is not rewarding, it seems that their level and drops are outdated after baal each difficulty, i have not seen anything good drop there to be honest. its surprising that the rewards in that area have a high level requirement (for example on hell 95 for arimyth ears and 100 for soulmancer charm). so going there with earlier levels is deincentivised by the charm/potion requirements, while going there earlier for xp makes little sense since the normal game areas work just as well but with better drops

#when using the item warpspear (tele staff) it causes random teleportation on getting hit, which can go over walls, into houses and the character is then stuck

#entering the boss rooms causes crashes as it did in v1.7. perhaps this information is useful: its possible to enter that area by quickly opening the left and right menu pages to block vision after clicking on the warp. after warping the menus can be closed, but in many cases the game will then crash immediately from making steps or teleporting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 pm 

what can be done with hell west/east/south ashes? there seems to be no cube recipe and cubing them doesnt work ingame

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:41 pm 

voidMXL wrote:
what can be done with hell west/east/south ashes? there seems to be no cube recipe and cubing them doesnt work ingame

cube them with an ear

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:50 pm 

uploading my 1.9 txt files as they are currently. still changing stuff all the time but i believe I fixed the arimyth maps crashing and i also redid the hell challenge map to be non-cancerous and a place you can actually farm endgame. So, if some people can test the arimyth boss maps to see if they crash, that would be nice.

You can teleport through walls with these files and any item in cube = set+ unique.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hat6t4mb405s ... s.zip?dl=0

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:16 pm 

Level 99 and 100 requirements for charms are ultra annoying. We are 97 level, only cursed-item uber left I think, why are we forced to grind for two more useless levels in order to use our reward for challenges we completed? Very dissapointing and pointless. I'd understand like 90 or 95 level requirement to prevent early-twinking, but in current state it makes zero sence and causes alot of frustration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm 

Xp from monsters is being fixed next patch. It won't be a grind to get 100.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:43 pm 

requirements for entering portals is something that should have been removed long ago, when you have to fight your way to it and then you cant use it because some otherwise useless quest is not done is pretty annoying

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:37 am 

the cube recipe blessed ring + b amulet + b sword + hell samhain charm.
in a5, in town, outside town, does not give anything

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:05 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
uploading my 1.9 txt files as they are currently. still changing stuff all the time but i believe I fixed the arimyth maps crashing and i also redid the hell challenge map to be non-cancerous and a place you can actually farm endgame. So, if some people can test the arimyth boss maps to see if they crash, that would be nice.

You can teleport through walls with these files and any item in cube = set+ unique.

using official 1.8 base with 1.9 txt files -direct -txt
https://i.imgur.com/uaprYyu.jpg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm 

testing on SP?

I'm not getting any crashes on SP with these files. Can anyone else test it?

Try this, but i don't expect it to work if the last one didn't:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9f6uda53k3ke ... s.zip?dl=0

I'm trying to avoid remaking the map completely, but i might have to.

Last edited by Mrawskrad on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:31 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
testing on SP?
I'm not getting any crashes on SP with these files. Can anyone else test it?
Try this, but i don't expect it to work if the last one didn't:
I'm trying to avoid remaking the map completely, but i might have to.

yes sp. it might be good if you could make the simplest map ever so it can be tested if that works, i personally imagine it having something to do with the warp/warparea/being warped, because if it doesnt crash after being able to move at the beginning then it never crashes unless you go to town and reenter that area.

this download still crashes.
and tbh it looks like its exactly the same link as the first one...

so, nothing can be done with the blessed items anymore? i looked in 1.8 old version txt files and that recipe is disabled, and if i enable it in CubeMain then it doesnt create soulmancer evil key :( so it doesnt exist anymore and we are done with all content?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 pm 

Please increase all scepter weapon ranges from 1 to 2. Especially for elites; a Caduceus being 1 range is retarded. I also think all 2h swords and axes should be 3 range, and all spears and polearms should be 4 range.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:42 am 

sry for being kind of off topic but 1.8 isnt solo-able? plus doesnt have plugy?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:03 am 

Yes, there's no use for blessed items now, besides equipping them.

You can solo 1.8 with some builds.

Scepters are already range 2. 2H swords and axes are already range 3-4 and spears already range 4-5. ??????????

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 pm 

Umm well if you are including the base of 1 then yes, I am talking about what's listed in the range adder column. 1 "range adder" for an elite weapon sucks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:34 pm 

Well you said range not range adder. They aren't the same thing.

The only one I see being a reasonable change is the caddy. Since it shares the same model as warhammer types which have a range adder of 2 also. I think other weapons are fine and they have been forever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 pm 

i dont know if it have been mentioned or was intended but wake of fire dont make any counters anymore so it also dont reset clock counter ( the boss life regen ) just mentioning

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:08 am 

So, me and void did complete HU playtrough, and since I have some time on work today, I decided to write some feedback. We did play P2 pretty much all the way, I was playing frenzy barb and void was caster paladin.

* Berserkers in A1 have way too much hp and there is no real point of killing them. So usually they are just skipped.
* River of flame map is way too large, feels like a really poor attempt to artificially increase size of A4.
* Izual pit looks sad and doesn't fit A4 theme. Also there is a decent chance of crashing whenever you try to enter second floor.
* Find potion is broken, with 80+ chance it actually finds one pot per 20 corpses. My theory is that every time it rolls rejuv, it doesn't spawn anything at all. In general this skill is useless and imho should be removed.
* Iron skin sucks, gives same amount of def as shout, which is weird. I know about Staminia and IS synergy, but that 2 life regen boost is total joke. Iron skin could give 6% def instead of 4, so you had to choose, if you go selfish or team oriented build.
* Bul Khatos set is bad. It has 88 level requirement and it gives you weapons with 250 max damage. If swords were ethereal, set would have some potential.
* War and Victory runewords are awful. They require top tier runes and provide quite bad stats. And considering the fact you lose 6-7 ruby slots, it makes them look even worse.
* NM challenge is quite questionable. Area with monsters is very easy and simply skippable and boss himself doesn't provide any resistance either.
* Boss in valley of snakes is rather weak. He is annoying due his constant teleporting, but at the same time he deals very low damage.
* Mephisto in hell difficulty is very weak, easiest act boss actually.
* Durance of hate levels are way too large.
* Tribute bosses are rather weak, only strong and very annoying one is sorceress, which just 1 shots me randomly. Still didn't figure out how is she doing that. Rest 8 guys are rather afk namelock type of bosses. Necromancer suicides randomly, no idea why.
* Final area in Land of shadows looks very poorly, square with random texture with zero terrain at all. All bosses besides barbarian are weak and provide no challenge at all. Barbarian guy is ultra rough, deals ridiculous damage (because of bc defull most likely). I think he will 1 shot any non-tank build.
* Arcane sanctuary type area on the way to Baal looks ugly, background image ends and black texture appears.
* Baal in wave room has no throne, looks pretty awful tbh. Not a huge deal obviously, but it did hurt my eyes quite alot.
* Uncursing glyphs could have boss keepers for them.
* Cursed items are bad. By time you will be able to uncurse them, they will become outdated anyway. Considering they do require some effort to make them work they could've receive some buffs, imho.
* Cow king is rather weak considering the charm he is giving on hell.

Thats it for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:10 pm 

Rix wrote:
So, me and void did complete HU playtrough, and since I have some time on work today, I decided to write some feedback. We did play P2 pretty much all the way, I was playing frenzy barb and void was caster paladin.

Quote:
* Berserkers in A1 have way too much hp and there is no real point of killing them. So usually they are just skipped.

Increased xp on high hp monsters in 1.9 like it was in 1.5 and before
Quote:
* River of flame map is way too large, feels like a really poor attempt to artificially increase size of A4.

Been like this forever. It actually used to be 2-3 times bigger in early versions of HU. I won't be changing it, it's really not that big these days.
Quote:
* Izual pit looks sad and doesn't fit A4 theme. Also there is a decent chance of crashing whenever you try to enter second floor.

I can revert it to the original map from before 1.7
Quote:
* Find potion is broken, with 80+ chance it actually finds one pot per 20 corpses. My theory is that every time it rolls rejuv, it doesn't spawn anything at all. In general this skill is useless and imho should be removed.

Fixed and increased the base chance. Barb is already super stacked and easy mode. He doesn't really need anymore more useful skills.
Quote:
* Iron skin sucks, gives same amount of def as shout, which is weird. I know about Staminia and IS synergy, but that 2 life regen boost is total joke. Iron skin could give 6% def instead of 4, so you had to choose, if you go selfish or team oriented build.

24%+4% is the baseline for self def buffs. I will nerf shout to 18%+3% to keep it in line with other party buffs.
Quote:
* Bul Khatos set is bad. It has 88 level requirement and it gives you weapons with 250 max damage. If swords were ethereal, set would have some potential.

I'm reducing the level req to 86. I'm also removing indestructible from almost all non zod runewords which will give more value to non-eth weapons.
Quote:
* War and Victory runewords are awful. They require top tier runes and provide quite bad stats. And considering the fact you lose 6-7 ruby slots, it makes them look even worse.

They will be buffed and the best choices for many builds in 1.9. Especially War for non barbs as it was in 1.3 and before.
Quote:
* NM challenge is quite questionable. Area with monsters is very easy and simply skippable and boss himself doesn't provide any resistance either.

Reward is getting increased to 10% hp. combined with the fact that you won't get hp% on gear anymore in 1.9 makes this a lot more valuable.
Quote:
* Boss in valley of snakes is rather weak. He is annoying due his constant teleporting, but at the same time he deals very low damage.

I can buff him :twisted:
Quote:
* Mephisto in hell difficulty is very weak, easiest act boss actually.

I can buff him :twisted:
Quote:
* Durance of hate levels are way too large.

See river of flame comments
Quote:
* Tribute bosses are rather weak, only strong and very annoying one is sorceress, which just 1 shots me randomly. Still didn't figure out how is she doing that. Rest 8 guys are rather afk namelock type of bosses. Necromancer suicides randomly, no idea why.

I can buff them :twisted:
Quote:
* Final area in Land of shadows looks very poorly, square with random texture with zero terrain at all. All bosses besides barbarian are weak and provide no challenge at all. Barbarian guy is ultra rough, deals ridiculous damage (because of bc defull most likely). I think he will 1 shot any non-tank build.

I'll revert it to the old map. 1.7 must have changed it. I didn't know. They are getting buffed, as are all bosses in 1.9
Quote:
* Arcane sanctuary type area on the way to Baal looks ugly, background image ends and black texture appears.

Don't have time or incentive to change this kind of stuff.
Quote:
* Baal in wave room has no throne, looks pretty awful tbh. Not a huge deal obviously, but it did hurt my eyes quite alot.

I got rid of the throne in 1.5 because it could be used to cheese the bosses.
Quote:
* Uncursing glyphs could have boss keepers for them.

Do you mean a boss guarding them?
Quote:
* Cursed items are bad. By time you will be able to uncurse them, they will become outdated anyway. Considering they do require some effort to make them work they could've receive some buffs, imho.

True
Quote:
* Cow king is rather weak considering the charm he is giving on hell.

He is getting buffed

Thats it for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:17 am 

Yes, bosses who guards (drops) glyph.

Second stage in Legion uber takes damage even if is immnute to everything. I though OW works for first phase only.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 am 

I assume OW works the same as poison. if it is applied before the immunity then it still deals damage while the immunity is up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:22 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
I assume OW works the same as poison. if it is applied before the immunity then it still deals damage while the immunity is up.

I believe, but worth testing out, that OW isn't phys but rather a seventh type of damage outside of the phys/magic/poison/fire/light/cold. Think Kevin mentioned that years ago at some point, cannot confirm tho.

Quick test would just be to smack something phys immune with 100% OW.

If it is phys, then what you said with it being applied when the immunity is down is true.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:40 pm 

In my playthrough I felt that tobial > andy, thrak > dury, and mithia > meph. I'd be down for a buff on all 3 of those act bosses on all 3 difficulties.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 pm 

muleofal wrote:
Mrawskrad wrote:

I believe, but worth testing out, that OW isn't phys but rather a seventh type of damage outside of the phys/magic/poison/fire/light/cold. Think Kevin mentioned that years ago at some point, cannot confirm tho.

Quick test would just be to smack something phys immune with 100% OW.

If it is phys, then what you said with it being applied when the immunity is down is true.

Yeah, i'm 99.99% sure this is the case now that you mentioned it. I remember in classic killing physical immunes with weapon damage attacks as long as you had another element to apply the damage.

Say you deal only 100 physical dmg with your normal attack, then the physical monster won't take damage from OW.

But if you had +1 fire dmg (or any element the monster is vunlerable to) from gear/charms then the monster would take damage from OW.

I believe that is how it works, but I could be wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
In my playthrough I felt that tobial > andy, thrak > dury, and mithia > meph. I'd be down for a buff on all 3 of those act bosses on all 3 difficulties.

Yeah my initial rebalancing for 1.9 is finished just need people to test it. If you are interested.

I posted the text files for 1.9 before, but here they are again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:00 pm 

hey bro, can you show me 2h spear/2 handle build ? i really love use spear
and Phoenix strike in think it is not good, with 3 charge, i only do the last charge, not include 1st and 2nd ???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 am 

i have no time to play long, i only use HE to hack anh check skill, below is my opinions, tks for read
1. Druid
- Bear form has 10% HP more than Wolf form... and it is all ? So simply, i think both are "lazy" skill. My suggestions are :
+ Bear form : 30% hp than Wolf (after max Lycan), and Bear has +40% def, 20-25% dam more than Wolf
+ Wolf form : 30% faster run/walk, 35% faster attack rate, 25% more critical, more 20% AR
- Rabies max 20 skills, poisoned time still 8 sec ? is it weak ?
- How many phys dam on Fire claw/ Frost bite ?
- There is no difference between Fire claw and Frost bite ??? and both skill is single target hit, you know Zeal is alway the good choice for all class ! I think you should make them more effiective, can you edit them like charge up skill, but not need to finish, 3 phase with 2nd or 3rd has small aoe dmg.

2. Pal
- Holy auras are the same dame ??? what the hell is going on ? Lighting dam must be the highest, but 1-xxx, Fire dmg is average but xxx - xxx, cold is the lowest but has reduce monster attack/move speed.
- Pure Zeal (Zeal, Vigor, Defiance, Fana, Holy shield) has more dam than Pure Fury wolf build ? Zeal has 435 % ED and Fury has 350%, Zeal will have more dam from Fana (bonus from Might). You know in past, Zeal is extremely skill, my server 1.6, top melee totally is Zealer !
- Vengen dam is huge !
- Grisworld set is very strong !

3. Ass
- Dragon claw delay between each strike is too long, and it only attack 1 target, i have no ideal to use it for train, not effective as Zeal, my suggestions are reduce its delay, and it has 3 hit (not 2) and multi target

Other class i will post after see your reply.
tks for read, sory for stupid English !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:25 pm 

bear has 24% more hp and def in 1.9

adding sias to wolfform doesnt help enough to be worthwhile due to how wereforms work with ias

wereforms already have enough crit and they get frw from feralrage, seems pointless to add more stats for them. if you want +999 to every stat on every skill and item go play 1.6. they are super strong already and will be even stronger in 1.9 since i'm buffing the base hp % on lycan and making maul and aoe attack and buffing fireclaws/frostbite/rabies damage.

why do fireclaws and frostbite need aoe? use hurricane or armageddon. why do all classes need to be the same? every class has different tools

i can make holyshock do the most damage again like before and then we will never see anyone play holyfire or holyfrost again like before

Quote:
i tested zealer vs fury druid in 1.9 with +30 skills

zealer maxed: zeal, might, fanatacism, holyshield, defiance. 100 skill points 838% dmg/808% ar/390% def/40% block/fbr/85% sias

fury maxed: werewolf, lycan, fury, HoW 80 skill points 770% dmg/935% ar/220% def/ 84% max life/69% crit/2% lifesteal/80% frw/330 life rep/28 life per strike

100 pt build vs 80 pt build. druid can still max one more skill. Wow when i type it all out like that then druid looks OP as fuck and paladin looks weak. Maybe i should nerf druid. Thanks for drawing my attention to this. :lol:

ed% on venge does not apply to the nova, only the main hit.

dclaw is crazy good already. better than zeal due to single target which is better vs bosses compared to multi hit zeal and the zeal AR bug.

So what i got from your post is zealer is weaker than fury.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:35 pm 

- i test with 20 all mail & support skill and Fury is lower dam than Zeal (combine with Fana).. how to get 700-800 % ED in 1.9 ??? Max Fury is 125, HoW and Werewolf is 225, total is 350 ? Zeal with max support skill ( Vigor, Defiance) is 310% ED, and Fana is 125%
- ok Fire claw/Frostbite is not need aoe
- Dclaw is too slow for leech although it has bigger dam than Zeal, although Ass get great ias. In 1.6 My ass get Dclaw = 35k, Zeal = 25k, but Dclaw is still very suck, the problem is leech : when you get Dracula, you need to have faster attack rate, i think when Ass do 2 times attack with Dclaw (4 hit), Zeal wil do 3 time (15 hit)...
- Holy shock dam is 1 to xxx, so it is very lucky to get highest dam ?
- "bear has 24% more hp and def in 1.9" or sorry, iam wrong ? i wil check again bro
- I think i real, Bear druid wil use Zeal for farm and vs Boss, the main problem is still leech, and Boss 's phys res usually lower than elemental.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 pm 

dclaw gets 5fpa and zeal gets 4fpa

but sin get clawblock/dsentry

i say sin wins

I think you missed my point on zealer vs fury

druid gets massive hp% and crit and spends 20 less skill points. not to mention you can get 3fpa fury vs 4 fpa zeal

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
dclaw gets 5fpa and zeal gets 4fpa
but sin get clawblock/dsentry
i say sin wins
I think you missed my point on zealer vs fury
druid gets massive hp% and crit and spends 20 less skill points. not to mention you can get 3fpa fury vs 4 fpa zeal

- OK that sin has clawblock/dsentry, Ok that Dclaw get 5 fpa but how long delay between each attack ? it is too long! My Dclaw (35k dmg) cannot tank Tobias, surrive for only few seconds, and i use Zeal, i can beat him more easily, the same way with other Boss (Diablo, Duriel...). And it is totally trash when vs mob
- OK Fury spend less 20 skill, use this for other skill, like Rabies :) yeah, but you know Pal will not invest many dex for max block, they will invest to Vit
-
So you can talk about some problem below :
- Zeal is more effective than Fireclaw/Frostbite, i and many people wili choose Zeal for Bear druid !
- Holy shock dam ? my suggestion about damage : Holy freeze = 4-5, Holy fire = 3-7, Holy shock = 1-10.
- Vengen ? neft or not ? i think this build is better than any Bear druid build
- About Rabies duration ?
- Phoenix strike problem, i can not do 3 charge when finish, only 1
- 2H weapon build ? how they can surrive ?

Sorry i have prejudice about pal because i see he is best choice for any player, in my server (1.6c) Pal melee is very popular, there is no Ass melee, only 2 Druid melee, 2 Bar melee and of course no one play Amazon melee, Nec melee...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:40 pm 

If nobody is playing a melee druid, then they have no clue how good they are. There are more hidden mechanics, items aren't quite as prevelant, etc, but to say that zeal > fury. Not really. As pointed out Druids have more hp, higher crit chace, etc. I much prefer melee druid over zealer (and i do play both).

If your sin is dying before a palidin, then there is no way you are taking the stats/skills needed to compare. The sin should easily outtank the zealer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm 

Pretty much what kramuti said. I was just going to say zealer is easier for noobs to play, but that doesn't make them stronger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm 

but ClownCarVagina is dead so melee druids must be bad!

There are so many things that make fury muts strong right now, but they are super gear dependent (for dps at least) and are painfully slow at clearing trash. Those 2 components may make them feel like they're weak, but they are in fine shape. During my untwinked ladder reset run, I never felt OP, but I was almost always to at least be useful during boss fights, with a couple exceptions where I was just oak bitch (mostly due to me being a bit behind my party)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm 

Maul will be an aoe next patch. So, there ya go. Everyone play druid next patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 pm 

- The Sin use Zeal/Dclaw vs Boss is one character, i tested with Zeal and Dclaw. Zeal can tank Tobias in a acceptable way (consume 10-16 poiton), Dclaw die soon, leech is not enough because too slow :?
- In late period, clearly that Fury will stronger than Zealer , but Zeal stronger in early - medium, he will get more level/item 8-) ... Ok with kramuti that Zeal is more easily, "noob" will choose this build, not Fury
- In my server there is a guy, the best guy, he choose Vegen (for trash) combine Zeal (for boss), and he is top pro player )) so many guys want to become him, and the result is mass of zeal/vengen :o. BTW Grisworld is very good (not use boot and glove)
==> Mrawskrad, you can dont neft Zeal or buff Fury, but dont let Dclaw not change, Ass with Dclaw as main skill is more bad than any melee char (may better than Bear with fire/cold claw), people will use Zeal instead

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 pm 

Korlic has something buggy, wiped a 7k life sin (at full life) with 45% dr, and 230+ all resistances. Looked like I died from being close to him. Not sure, but nothing should be doing that much damage. Wondering if it's due to something with FE. maybe that should be looked into or removed, it seems to have been a bug in patches past.

And now my watch has ended. :( God damnit, dying to something out of control and not intended like that is infuriating.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm 

nguyentai44 wrote:
Ass with Dclaw as main skill is more bad than any melee char (may better than Bear with fire/cold claw)

Just because everyone on your server is jumping on the zeal/veng bandwagon doesn't make the other builds bad. Fclaw has been my main champ for every patch since 1.3 and it solos LoS pali, sorc, barb, and amazon on hardcore. Maybe instead of everyone trying to copy the good players, they should be creative and figure out how to make an unpopular build work 8-)

muleofal wrote:
Korlic has something buggy, wiped a 7k life sin (at full life) with 45% dr, and 230+ all resistances.

Last I saw korlic was leaping around at my golem... can some sc peeps test this please? That sin was beefy as fuck and she just popped.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 pm 

Yeah its FE ES korlic. Bugged 1 shots.

I still don't see why dclaw is considered bad. Its strong. It has always been strong. Clawblock is the #1 most OP thing in the entire game. Zealer might be FotM, but that doesn't make dclaw bad. This is a serious case of learn to play.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 pm 

- ok, so Dclawsin is bad because not enough gear, as i said, with same character, Dclawsin can not tank with tobias (clawblock ~47%), her gear is Natalya set, dracula and mara amulet, ring is dangoon => .. after that, switched to Zeal, and she killed him. When vs other sub boss, i see use Zeal is faster and more leech. In farming, use Vengen from shield Revenge is faster (combine Dragon flight)
- hmm i missed something bro ?
- there is 4-5 guy tried and abadoned Dclaw in my server, include me... so we are totally noobs :(
All my case is in 1.6c

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:57 pm 

nguyentai44 wrote:
All my case is in 1.6c

you realize you're posting in 1.8 feedback thread???

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 am 

yes, but i told before, i plảyed 1.6a-b-c, a bit on 1.7, and test skill for 1.9
hoping 1.9 will more balance, when Mrawskrad release 1.9 i will call my friend play it, now we play 1.6c

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Yeah its FE ES korlic. Bugged 1 shots.

Let's fix it, don't care how but let's get it done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 am 

The easiest thing to do would just be disable FE and be done with buggy as shit FE once and for all.

You can't give me feedback based on 1.6c man.....1.8 is totally different

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:45 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
The easiest thing to do would just be disable FE and be done with buggy as shit FE once and for all.

I really like the new on death FE fire thing, but I think we can find another way to work that in. I'd prefer to just wipe it so we aren't plagued with having to cheese ancients or worry about buggy 1-shots

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am 

Yeah I feel the same way. The on death is cool but the whole modifier has so many bugs it seems. With ES and even with LE again, i have noticed. Sometimes it instantly 1 shots chars even with the new on death effect the way it used to. It's so damn buggy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 am 

- Phoenix strike problem, i can not do 3 charge when finish, only 1
and will Sin surrive with Chargeup skill ?
- 2H weapon build ? how they can surrive ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:32 am 

rofl...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:09 pm 

wof doesnt req 2 levels to skill

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:01 pm 

waiting for 1.9...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 pm 

waiting for people to finish 1.8

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:30 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:

Yeah my initial rebalancing for 1.9 is finished just need people to test it. If you are interested.

I posted the text files for 1.9 before, but here they are again.

You deleted link ? Can you show me what changelogs in this update, i downloaded it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm 

HC players have been having their toons get 1 shotted by ancients when they spawn with extra strong and fire enchant. Even with good resists, sorbs, and huge health bubbles, SPLAT.

Maybe consider a hotfix for this issue so HC players don't have to wait until next season to enjoy the game?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 am 

I think all 1.9 needs is to remove WW from mobs, make trash mob immunities possible to break with high lvl amp/conv/LR, and most importantly make Trap Sins great again. I don't think any spells in the game do less damage, or dps, or cause more triggers than Traps, and they have poop range with poop duration. Inferno trap needs to be removed and replaced, since the damage is not good anyway and it causes the game to freak out and instantly kill you with 200 triggers. If you remove the triggers off it then it will be too OP to just stack them on a boss and run around in circles. Make a Meteor Trap or something else that can be good for bosses and doesn't get you killed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
waiting for people to finish 1.8

1.8 is done

Server is empty. Waitning for 1.9 to get back into HU.

Any updates?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:22 pm 

Okay, I feel it's about high time I put in my two cents for this patch. Before I begin though, I would like to say that I like this patch in many respects, and the things it did right far outweigh the things it did wrong.

Pros:
1. The removal of most synergies was a good idea. I hope future patches use a similar model.
2. The bosses are challenging enough, but still doable for HC players like myself. I think this is the first HU patch in a long time where the bosses were in the proverbial "Goldie Locks" zone. Not too hard. Not too easy. Juuuuuust right.
3. The exp scaling also felt more like HU as opposed to last patch. Good job on bringing it back home.
4. I like the way Barbs have been given a single weapon mastery that applies to all weapons. Keep this idea in future patches please.
5. I really like the way the drop rate for high runes has been boosted. Keep this please.

Cons:
1. Prayer palas have been rendered obsolete because the a2 merc has a better prayer than he does and the auras won't stack anymore. Also Holy bolt doesn't heal enough.
2. Zealots/Chargers don't hit hard enough and don't leech enough life. There is very little good weaponry available to make melee pallys viable from about level 45-70 you'll likely be stuck using the same eth runeword loyalty naga because there is nothing in the unique or set arsenal to replace it until mid to late 70s. Melee pallys, and this is especially true for chargers, needs to hit HARD to compensate for the fact that they do not hit multiple enemies simultaneously like casters and other classes do.
3. The dps on Hurricane blows goats. I had a level 90 tornado druid and his hurricane barely did any damage at all to the mobs in Hell. Consider boosting dps by maybe 20-40% then it might actually be a skill worth having due to it's tiny radius.
4. That same druid got easily roasted by normal Diablo, despite spamming a level 38 cyclone armor during the fight. Cyclone armor either doesn't absorb enough damage, or maybe consider adding some lightning, fire and Ice sorb while active to make it do what it it supposed to do more efficiently. The boosting defense property was also a good idea and I hope that stays in next patch.
5. Rares and crafts both suck. They need to be boosted in power significantly.
6. Multi-shot/Guided arrow got nerfed too hard.
7. Wake of fire is OP af.
8. For the love of God, someone please fix that fucking extra strong fire enchanted glitch with the ancients. Levels 90s+ getting 1 shot in a5 nightmare on hc is no good.
I for one actually thought the whirlwinding mobs were a nice addition, but perhaps not quite so many, eh?

Offline Profile