Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

Post subject: Mr. Duffbear Stop The 1.8! ( RIOT vol.1)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:14 am 

Greetings to all players of serv as well as modders, designers ( Mraw, kramuti, brevan and others people) who complements recent years HU mod, I don't want nothing to hurt. A week ago I crashed my car and cannot even a little bit distracted in the game.. Because HU is dead! My no more strength to wait and see what happens. Latest two years in game no one! I'm a big fan almost 10 years playing on this server (Remember and greetings thats players as: Pappy, Slappynuts, Kasia, Dum, mrawskrad, kramuti, IInflection, iiNfluence, Nova, Mario, Kannli, Kev and others guys, respect for these people thats gave me so much good moments in the game, I allways remember it) I allways got carreer in game. I beat up alarm and riot for return old patch 1.3g! All the updates which were written by Soulmancer was always superior to each other. If someone of those who do not share my opinion, it's your right! Dear administrator please take this into consideration. I'm sure not one who wants to bring back the old HU to the server. Latest update after 2015 year + is awful and mad! it's not much worse! Look at the statistics of the server, no one is no playing already.... Admin I beg you thinking about it and please bring back the old patch on our greatful server Hell Unleashed. ( Sorry about English )

I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn't open. The only thing I had was cracks. I'd do everything to get through those cracks - scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open, and it's as big as a garage

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Mr. Duffbear Stop The 1.8! ( RIOT vol.1)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 pm 

1.7 brought too many good things to go back to 1.3 in my opinion. 1.8 has been really popular and 1.9 will be closer to the feel of 1.3. The reason for less people online these days is because we are all getting older and have real life to attend to. Tons of people, and a lot of old faces, were online and came back to no life grind when the ladder reset. Now, things have slowed down after a few weeks because we have families and jobs which are more important than playing HU. 1.3 or 1.21 wouldn't change that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 pm 

I think that many others share at least some frustration with the swinging pendulum from 1.4 forward.

I will remind folks (again) of things that were added in each major patch that should not be taken away. Whether it is hires, new areas, new monster skills, new monsters, etc, or a COMPLETELY downloadable client (I still owe you a beer Ensley). Taking these away in later patches is a step back.

This mentions nothing of how much work has been done (A TON of it by Brevan) behind the scenes to 1) correct errors 2) make it easier 3) make it more consistent in form that only modders can truly appreciate.

The other problem is that the ones that have had the time to mod 1) have different ideas of how to balance, 2) are not as experienced as others, 3) are working from branches or 1.21z or 1.3. 4) are not driven through the grinder they used to.

As mrawskrad mentioned, many of us no longer have the time to dedicate in the way we used to. This alone leads to the above, where those that can squeeze it in do.

I think it is generally agreed that 1.5 was probably the best since 1.3 something because it feels close to Soulmancer patches, but with some very nice stuff added in/changed a bit.

1.7's areas and new named monsters are too awesome to lose. It didn't really fit how I like to play d2 (just pace was a bit slow fer me in the early game).

I wish I could say I have had time to play 1.8, but I have been working on projects of my own that need to come to a culmination in the near future. When I do finally pull the trigger and get it on the web, I will likely want to hear input from you hooligans! Don't hold your breath, as it will be a min.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:06 am 

Double edged sword my friend. If we were still running a Soulmancer patch the servers would be just as dead after a season, because most of the player base has been there done that. I don't agree with every change or patch but you just gotta roll with it.

I think the biggest issue regarding player base is just as said below:
Mrawskrad wrote:
The reason for less people online these days is because we are all getting older and have real life to attend to.

kramuti wrote:
As mrawskrad mentioned, many of us no longer have the time to dedicate in the way we used to.

I love HU, but I mostly rock single player these days with my own modded 1.21z, because I simply don't have the time to invest like I used to. I've put ridiculous hours into this mod, as most of us have. But can you honestly say if we were just resetting 1.21z or relative would there be a significant player base? Probably not outside of the initial reset season. There's a lot of grass is greener syndrome around here. 1.21z was a good patch, but it was also extremely easy once you got a feel for what worked. With the quality of life changes since 1.21 and the above mentioned additions, I definitely agree going backwards isn't a step in the right direction.

I have nothing but respect for guys like Mraw trying to keep things fresh. Even the "bad" patches are positive, because there's no fucking way people would still be playing 1.21z\1.3 in any significant population. I say keep pushing forward and fuck off with the nostalgia goggles. If you truly want to experience an older Soulmancer patch, maybe gather your friends and host your own older patch through TCP/IP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 am 

I did not play those old versions of HU (1.2, 1.3, 1.5) so cannot really compare, but 1.8 is very good in my opinion. It has some flaws, but nothing is perfect and I'm not even sure if those are particularly 1.8 related issues.
Hosting some old version obviously won't do much in terms increasing playerbase, actually it might even decrease it. As people already said, hobbies do change, new games are coming out (PoE, for example) and older you get, less time you have for stuff you actually like, I guess.
Another thing, most of people are average casuals, which cannot take stuff like pot stacking into cube and 20 minutes long bossfigts, so it's kinda hard to put it on mainstream without making HU noobfriendly breeze walk in the park...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
The reason for less people online these days is because we are all getting older and have real life to attend to.
Yes or no. More like prejudice.

I understand thats fact - just me created a similar theme, but I hav not once had conversations with other players on this topic.

Then why not make the vote ...

I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn't open. The only thing I had was cracks. I'd do everything to get through those cracks - scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open, and it's as big as a garage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:04 pm 

No vote is needed .. I believe Hu is on the right path getting back to where it was.. I have played every patch sence 05 and there have been bad ones but 1.8 really has the old feel again...Mraw is working on 1.9 and he updates me all the time and it sounds like it's going to be killer . the problem with lower people playing to is no one is advertising this and getting more people aware that hu is back a badder then ever .. Any way there just my thoughts on the matter....Cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:51 am 

Go 1.3!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:04 am 

So they calls this update patches?? Look what they did with skills!! Even with synergy!! Cart make normally char Bone Necro, Psn Necro, Foher pala, Sorc, Bo barb and all. Cart play such bullshit.
So I vote +100 for old patch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:02 am 

For those that feel so strongly about old patches, check out the HU database and take your pick. I can almost guarantee Duff or whoever isn't going to roll back to older patches so if you aren't enjoying what's on the realm now, you're gonna have to find an alternate solution.

http://files.arimyth.com/HU/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:50 am 

Analogically but I support author, new patches are not suitable for play it. Its degradation of HU history. I miss for Tundra, Nihla, WSK runs, Templars Might :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am 

Believe it or not the no synergy's is more balanced then you think plus it opens up more doors to different kinda builds...Why can't you run tundra wsk for that armor...Did you try crafting ? My pally has almost nothing but crafted gear .. And for the record in the 1.3 patch melees were worthless...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:14 am 

No_Sound....all the things you listed are still in the game....

you can make "classic" skill builds and you can still grind tundra...templars might is still the best caster armor...

Am I missing something?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm 

NS you have sence. Mraw youre or Brevan removed all chars, just zeal pal works little bit. All synergys skills now dead. Crafting its not problem solution
How play for: Mentalsin, Foherdin, Bone necro, Cold sorc, Nova sorc, Fire sorc, Fire Druid all chars? Dont make laught its madness
Few players can understand such gameplay

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm 

Deathscythe wrote:
NS you have sence. Mraw youre or Brevan removed all chars, just zeal pal works little bit. All synergys skills now dead. Crafting its not problem solution
How play for: Mentalsin, Foherdin, Bone necro, Cold sorc, Nova sorc, Fire sorc, Fire Druid all chars? Dont make laught its madness

wait what??? All of those characters are plenty playable and viable in this patch.

This has been maybe the best overall balanced and playable patch in HUs history.

1.21z - fun but very easy.
1.3 - melees SUCKED, then we had overpowered caster builds with the oskill masteries around everywhere, not to mention all of the problems with bugs, etc.
1.4 - too heavy on the difficulty
1.5 - bland (sorry Mraw it was your patch but not my cup of tea)
1.6 - issues with the overpowered grizzly bear, the 3% vendor reduce wirts jewels, the insanely beefy facets with sorbs and dr% on them, mastery oskills on trangs armor etc.

This patch fixes those issues and has a lot of variation now without synergies. I don't understand why people want synergies? It's the dumbest thing - it forces players into builds. There is so much customization available in this patch without synergies. Refreshing and fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:15 pm 

Deathscythe wrote:

Sup scythe. Have you played 1.8 much? My opinion is that it's the best patch we've ever had, and that 1.9 will be even better. Regarding the builds you mentioned.

Mentalsin - still in great shape. Can clear trash and dps bosses with no counters
Foh din - slow with trash and amazingly safe boss killer. Same as always
Bone necro - Teeth still clears trash, bone spear with curses is still decent on bosses
Sorcs - seriously all sorc builds are awesome now due to no synergies
Fire druid - not being able to cast geddon as bear sucks, but that's my only gripe

Edit: Al nailed it above
Edit2: geddon, not fstorm. Lee drood was broken as fuck :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:50 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:

you can make "classic" skill builds and you can still grind tundra...templars might is still the best caster armor...

Am I missing something?

How? If they deleted synergy on chars. I cant get more dmgs example Bone spirit get bonuses from Teeth, Spear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 am 

Deathscythe wrote:
Mrawskrad wrote:

Am I missing something?

How? If they deleted synergy on chars. I cant get more dmgs example Bone spirit get bonuses from Teeth, Spear.

ekhm the values on individual skills, be it damage, duration, or whatever, are set as if they were there former fully synergised values.

so

put 20 points in teeth, and win, same goes for anything else.

therefore

You are free to build your characters and come up with interesting Skill/Combos

Item progression, Stat balancing choices are your main game, and ofc fun interesting skill combinations...

+ all skill gear gained a lot value rather then just +3 to one line items, that is for certain builds that span over multiple skill trees.

Overaly I think its awesome, and I had a lot of fun this patch.

EDIT: Also becous of this change, the patch feels a bit to easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 pm 

I love HU, i love 2h weapn build, like Spearazon, Spearass, Spearfury druid...
How to build and surrive in this patch ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:56 am 

Buff trash monster because they just die way too fast

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:16 am 

Bored play on single. Wanta 1.3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:39 am 

Still this 2.1..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
1.7 brought too many good things to go back to 1.3 in my opinion. 1.8 has been really popular and 1.9 will be closer to the feel of 1.3. The reason for less people online these days is because we are all getting older and have real life to attend to. Tons of people, and a lot of old faces, were online and came back to no life grind when the ladder reset. Now, things have slowed down after a few weeks because we have families and jobs which are more important than playing HU. 1.3 or 1.21 wouldn't change that.

agreed with you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:25 am 

Deathscythe wrote:
Still this 2.1..

Were all playing 2.2 :?: :?:

Offline Profile