Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

Post subject: My 1.7 edits come test
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 pm 

Updated 7/29. Use the text files for the latest updates

Download text files.

1.8 Test patch_d2.mpq

Its a combo of 1.5 + 1.7. Let me know if you find any bugs, weird, OP or weak stuff.

This is getting closed to finished on my end. It just needs more testing but almost everything I needed to do to re-balance 1.5 + 1.7 is finished and it is really playable now. Teleport can go through walls for testing right now.

Test recipes: any item in cube = unique and set version of item base
hp pot + mana pot = respec pot

Run with -direct -txt in your 1.7 folder

Don't use 1.7 chars with it

Changes from 1.7b

health pots are 60% hp over 6 seconds
manapots are 200 + char lvl * 10 over 6 seconds
removed synergies from spell damage skills you can build anything you want; damage skills scale with character level and base skill level
reduced trash monster health
drastically increased the strength of bosses and especially act bosses; bring a friend for act bosses
reverted ALL items to 1.5 versions with some updates and rebalancing; you can find a list of items in the download files
health pots are at 60% hp over 6 seconds
removed hidden stat passives; what you see is what you get
I increased the nodrop chance on all "junk" items. I also removed stamina/thawing potions from the drop tables. I removed gold drops completely from non-champion and non boss monsters, this includes chests
monster scaling is reverted to the way it was in 1.3:
norm: 1-60
nm: 60-80
hell: 80-100

rebalanced numbers on pretty much all skills and items to match the new monster scaling

increased life for characters:
Paladin, Barbarian: 5 life per level / 3 life per vita
Amazon, Assassin, Druid: 4 life per level / 3 life per vita
Sorceress, Necromancer: 2.5 life per level / 3 life per vita

increased mana for characters:
Sorceress, Necromancer, Druid: 4 per level / 3 per energy
Amazon, Assassin, Paladin: 2.5 per level / 2 per energy
Barbarian: 2 per level / 1 per energy

notable skill changes
all summons have new scaling, they scale with level, base level and char level just like skills do
increased duration of most buffs, except BO/enchant
spirits unkillable and untargetable again
GA can pierce again
vengeance and stun have novas again
ice blast releases mini ice bolts on hit
impale and berserk reduce the defense penalty with hard points
fire arrow, cold arrow, magic arrow gain more arrows per hard points
inferno now shoots multiple missles and hits once instead of doing damager per sec
static is now a nuke spell with a timer. It's similar to meteor shower, but lightning
blade fury does 1/2 weapon damage and gets up to 5 missiles
blessed hammer is now a level 1 skill
smite is now level 12
sacrifice deals 3/2 weapon damage
bash deals 3/2 weapon damage
concentrate deals 3/2 weapon damage
berserk deals 3/2 weapon damage
leap attack deals 3/2 weapon damage
buffed boots kick damage and kick skills enhanced damage %

Last edited by Mrawskrad on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 am, edited 25 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: My 1.7 edits come test
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm 

I've only taken a quick scan through some of the webpages, but I noticed some stuff that might be worth checking. I can't judge anything for balance other than comparing it to other stuff so apologies for not being able to give better feedback.
  • "X Charges of Lvl Y Skill Z", X must be higher than 1 if you want the skill to be useable (nothing happens when last charge is used). X=1 is useful if you want to charge-bug something, and will not spawn as zero even if the item spawns ethereal. This only affects Nagelring, but maybe also Gloomtrap belt (4 uses of Teleport might be plenty).
  • cubemain.txt,
    - Consider using the player-level opcode for topaz crafted weapons. Otherwise you could have level 12 chars running around with moonstone crafted weapons, which might not be a big deal.
    - Consider changing the recipes near the start of the file (e.g. Every PGem + Amu) that result in crafted jewelry to result in rare jewelry (these have no level penalty and up to 6 affixes instead of 4). Since these recipes don't add mods (they just force a specific affix), this shouldn't result in overpowered items.
  • itemstatcost.txt, Consider renaming the stats for the challenge levels, they're currently called 'cha', 'chb', 'chc' etc. The only reason to do this is so that the webpage maker uses the more informative names in its output (see "RecipesUnique" webpage for current example).
  • "Leaf" "Thunder" runeword's ac/lvl webpage description is borked because Properties.txt's description column is telling the webpage maker to use the param field, but runes.txt used the min/max fields. If you expect your /lvl mods to vary, then just edit Properties.txt so the webpage maker knows that you'll be using the min/max fields.
  • gems.txt
    - skulls in shields have a surprisingly low 1-3% for OpenWounds, I'm not sure it was intentional since that mod is generally considered pretty weak.
    - Lo rune in weapons has a surprisingly high 20% for DeadlyStrike, I'm not sure it was intentional since that mod is generally considered pretty strong and the other %EDmg related mods are around 7-12%

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 pm 

Brevan wrote:
  • "X Charges of Lvl Y Skill Z", X must be higher than 1 if you want the skill to be useable (nothing happens when last charge is used). X=1 is useful if you want to charge-bug something, and will not spawn as zero even if the item spawns ethereal. This only affects Nagelring, but maybe also Gloomtrap belt (4 uses of Teleport might be plenty).

Good to know. Thanks
  • cubemain.txt,
    - Consider using the player-level opcode for topaz crafted weapons. Otherwise you could have level 12 chars running around with moonstone crafted weapons, which might not be a big deal.

MS crafts require elite weapons

- Consider changing the recipes near the start of the file (e.g. Every PGem + Amu) that result in crafted jewelry to result in rare jewelry (these have no level penalty and up to 6 affixes instead of 4). Since these recipes don't add mods (they just force a specific affix), this shouldn't result in overpowered items.

Interesting idea, I'll see about this.
  • itemstatcost.txt, Consider renaming the stats for the challenge levels, they're currently called 'cha', 'chb', 'chc' etc. The only reason to do this is so that the webpage maker uses the more informative names in its output (see "RecipesUnique" webpage for current example).

I'll do this eventually
  • "Leaf" "Thunder" runeword's ac/lvl webpage description is borked because Properties.txt's description column is telling the webpage maker to use the param field, but runes.txt used the min/max fields. If you expect your /lvl mods to vary, then just edit Properties.txt so the webpage maker knows that you'll be using the min/max fields.

Fixed

• gems.txt
    - skulls in shields have a surprisingly low 1-3% for OpenWounds, I'm not sure it was intentional since that mod is generally considered pretty weak.

I set all OW chances lower since I reduced monlvl hp by about half at all levels. I can buff skulls a bit though.

- Lo rune in weapons has a surprisingly high 20% for DeadlyStrike, I'm not sure it was intentional since that mod is generally considered pretty strong and the other %EDmg related mods are around 7-12%

I will leave it for now since most builds can get ~50% Crit from skills and up to 80% or more DS endgame without Lo runes. Plus using Lo runes means you give up extra WIAS/IAS in general which most builds really need.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am 

Making good progress on fine tuning this. I'm up to a4 hell testing solo. Bosses are a lot stronger now and take longer to kill, similar to 1.21z bosses from what I remember of it. I'll release a newer version to test soon.

EDIT:

I updated the download link in the first post. Its getting pretty close to finished. Just need to fine tune some things like items and make sure no skills are too weak or strong. Try it out and give feedback :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 am 

Any change list? I will check it out later when I get home.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 am 

Hi

not sure if I'm supposed to post it here but I think there are some bugs:

1st, AN EVIL FORCE set, I found two items and both are called the same therefore showing that I have found only one.

2nd, ring I got from AKARA cannot be placed in left ring slot, only in right.

3rd, NAGELRING doesn't have an icon/image.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 am 

Yeah I know about those issues. I was putting off fixing them but I did it already. It'll be fixed in the next version I release. Thanks

Also. I'll put together a rundown of what I changed soon (tm).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:42 am 

I updated the download link with the newest version

Changes from 1.7b

removed all syngergies from skills you can build anything you want; damage skills scale with character level and base skill level
reduced trash monster health
drastically increased the strength of bosses and especially act bosses; bring a friend for act bosses
reverted ALL items to 1.5 versions with some updates and rebalancing; you can find a list of items in the download files
health pots are at 60% hp over 6 seconds
removed hidden stat passives; what you see is what you get
GA can pierce again
vengeance and stun have novas again
monster scaling is reverted to the way it was in 1.3:
norm: 1-60
nm: 60-80
hell: 80-100

rebalanced numbers on pretty much all skills and items to match the new monster scaling

increased life for characters:
Paladin, Barbarian: 5 life per level / 3 life per vita
Amazon, Assassin, Druid: 4 life per level / 3 life per vita
Sorceress, Necromancer: 2.5 life per level / 3 life per vita

increased mana for characters:
Sorceress, Necromancer, Druid: 4 per level / 3 per energy
Amazon, Assassin, Paladin: 2.5 per level / 2 per energy
Barbarian: 2 per level / 1 per energy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:06 pm 

not sure if it was intended but. you said you removed all synergies when i make a new sorc i see that all synergies have been removed but when i creat a new pally there are still synergies is that normal ?

edit: when i look at my sorc skill tab: i dont see any lvl required for skill. but i cant put stats into it ? is it normal or something is going wrong

edit: if i right click on my tristram codex nothing happen. i can hear the book sound but its not wrapping me to rogue camp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am 

iiNfluence wrote:
not sure if it was intended but. you said you removed all synergies when i make a new sorc i see that all synergies have been removed but when i creat a new pally there are still synergies is that normal ?

edit: when i look at my sorc skill tab: i dont see any lvl required for skill. but i cant put stats into it ? is it normal or something is going wrong

edit: if i right click on my tristram codex nothing happen. i can hear the book sound but its not wrapping me to rogue camp

I misspoke (mistyped) I meant skills that deal spell damage had their synergies removed. Other skills keep some synergies as you can see. My bad.

The no level req shown is normal from 1.7 as far as I can tell.

Not sure about the codex problem maybe something wrong with your install.

edit: updated download its getting very close to finished.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 pm 

I had some time to check out a bit more using the files released today, but not enough time to actually play. It might be worth having a Test version of the cube file where folks could cube up the unique/set versions of an input item (also handy to duplicate gems and runes that have neither of those versions).

• Skills.txt, for skills where the required level has been changed (e.g. Fire Golem, Ice Bolt, maybe just check everything with a changed level), the "skpoints" column to the left should be updated with the new level. The formula in this column is what restricts players from raising a skill with every new player level (restricted to +1 per 2 player levels).
  • ItemStatCost.txt, hpregen Save Bits allows values only between -30 and +33, but there are suffixes with higher values. This is only a problem for saved item stats on Uniques, SetItems (not set bonuses), Runewords (not runes or gems (i.e. xEmerald's poison dmg in weapons should be fine despite being unsavable because gems/runes are respawned every game)), etc.
  • Cubemain.txt, it looks like the itemtype upgrade recipes aren't a theme but if you do feel like making them worthwhile, then consider removing the +LvlReq penalty, and adding a +100%EDmg buff for Basic to Exceptional and another +50%EDmg for Exceptional to Elite, perhaps include a +1AllSkills along with any other general mods that are expected on later items.
  • UniqueItems.txt, Championfist gauntlets looks like it might include a typo: +20-250 Defense is a surprisingly large range
  • Hireling.txt, for Fire/Ice rogues, their skill level changes between level 10, 32, and 64 seem inconsistent (e.g. at level 63 I think she'd have level 7 Pierce, but at level 64 she'd have level 20 Pierce).
  • Properties.txt, the quantity buff was removed from swing3 but the description field still includes it. Similarly I noticed a few unique bows use swing2 which buffs their durability (probably has no effect except it looks odd in the webpages).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:24 am 

Brevan wrote:
I had some time to check out a bit more using the files released today, but not enough time to actually play. It might be worth having a Test version of the cube file where folks could cube up the unique/set versions of an input item (also handy to duplicate gems and runes that have neither of those versions).

• Skills.txt, for skills where the required level has been changed (e.g. Fire Golem, Ice Bolt, maybe just check everything with a changed level), the "skpoints" column to the left should be updated with the new level. The formula in this column is what restricts players from raising a skill with every new player level (restricted to +1 per 2 player levels). The req are normal it just doesnt show the requirements on the skill.
  • ItemStatCost.txt, hpregen Save Bits allows values only between -30 and +33, but there are suffixes with higher values. This is only a problem for saved item stats on Uniques, SetItems (not set bonuses), Runewords (not runes or gems (i.e. xEmerald's poison dmg in weapons should be fine despite being unsavable because gems/runes are respawned every game)), etc. I'll fix this.
  • Cubemain.txt, it looks like the itemtype upgrade recipes aren't a theme but if you do feel like making them worthwhile, then consider removing the +LvlReq penalty, and adding a +100%EDmg buff for Basic to Exceptional and another +50%EDmg for Exceptional to Elite, perhaps include a +1AllSkills along with any other general mods that are expected on later items. I'm not a fan of this. It makes later items less exciting to find when you can just upgrade act1 normal gear
  • UniqueItems.txt, Championfist gauntlets looks like it might include a typo: +20-250 Defense is a surprisingly large range Ops. Fixed.
  • Hireling.txt, for Fire/Ice rogues, their skill level changes between level 10, 32, and 64 seem inconsistent (e.g. at level 63 I think she'd have level 7 Pierce, but at level 64 she'd have level 20 Pierce). It just means mercs cap their skills earlier if its tested and people say its too strong then I'll adjust it, but theres no reason to do it now when no testing has been done.
  • Properties.txt, the quantity buff was removed from swing3 but the description field still includes it. Similarly I noticed a few unique bows use swing2 which buffs their durability (probably has no effect except it looks odd in the webpages). Ops. Fixed.

Thanks for your time checking it out. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:25 pm 

Is this intended? Isn't the damage too high? It can drop in Blood Moor and so on...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:38 pm 

Good catch, fixed it for the next upload.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:08 am 

Hi

I noticed two bugs in Act2, first happen when I enter palace (harem lvl1) and I was not able to exit. My barb was circling around something invisible and it was impossible to reach the stairs and get to town. Returned to rouge encampment with tome and when I entered palace again problem was gone.

In true tal rasha tomb when using teleports in the middle of the I ended up in room besides, where is huge gold loot on the floor and no teleports at all.

3rd, oil potion has huge damage

4th, gave my act1 merc Flavie's cloak with some jewls in it and when I took it of at the end of act2 it says req lvl 55. We were both around 30 at that time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 am 

TrueLies wrote:
Hi

I noticed two bugs in Act2, first happen when I enter palace (harem lvl1) and I was not able to exit. My barb was circling around something invisible and it was impossible to reach the stairs and get to town. Returned to rouge encampment with tome and when I entered palace again problem was gone.

I cant recreate this bug. It might be because of the WW AI on the sword dudes in act2. I noticed they block the ground when they die.

In true tal rasha tomb when using teleports in the middle of the I ended up in room besides, where is huge gold loot on the floor and no teleports at all.

Its a dangerous tomb, be careful :lol:

3rd, oil potion has huge damage

Fixed already wait for the next update

4th, gave my act1 merc Flavie's cloak with some jewls in it and when I took it of at the end of act2 it says req lvl 55. We were both around 30 at that time.
This is probably because I re-balanced a lot of magic affixes in the last update to make rares viable at all points in the game. If you had magic or rare items from a previous version then they might have gotten fucked up requirements. It happened to some of my chars items too, its a beta these things happen. All new items you find will have normal reqs.

Thanks for testing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 am 

Hi

Bug with blocked exit happen just now. Killed shaman, picked up Gidbinn and when I tried to continue I was not able to cross the bridge:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:29 am 

Anyone else getting this issue?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:57 am 

I havent walked into any tile issues yet, just leap that shit. Or try going back off screen then returning

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:01 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
I havent walked into any tile issues yet

I see what you did there ;)

ao2005 wrote:
just leap that shit. Or try going back off screen then returning

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:38 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
ao2005 wrote:
I havent walked into any tile issues yet

I see what you did there ;)

thank you, that was intentional

also, gleamscythe 4% ctc level 60 nova - meant to be level 6? since spells scale with level, I am still novaing death to all into a3

whilst blacktongue is 4% ctc level 6 poison nova
just some food for thought

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:01 pm 

Yeah it is. I fixed it for the next update already. Stop cheating n00b :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 am 

updated download again

fixed the bugs mentioned before

made iceblast release mini ice bolts on hit so its not a redundant skill anymore

you can also respec in game by cubing an hp pot + mana pot for now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:05 pm 

• MonProps.txt, "Meteorite Shower onStruck" occurs twice for NM and Hell Diablo, consider stacking the %'s instead and making room for another effect.
  • Monstats.txt, the hirelings still have the hidden passives (e.g. SpellMasteries) that you mentioned you wanted to remove.
  • Missiles.txt, Consider reducing the range of the IceBlast shards (iceblast3) down to about 1/5th or 1/4 it's current range, otherwise it seems pretty overpowered compared to CBolt or FBolt since it auto-targets and has no cast delay. Alternatively, consider the number of shards being based on the skill level (e.g. 1 + blvl/5).
  • SkillDesc.txt,
    - CExplosion and DSentry's corpse percents need to be adjusted manually to reflect the changes in d2mod.ini. The new Min-Max is 22-28 (or clc1*2/7 and clc2*2/7).
    - IceBlast states that it freezes, but with the 6-shard change it doesn't (and probably shouldn't), consider changing this to the chill description other spells have.
  • Skills.txt,
    - Consider making the skpoints and reqlevel match for IceBlast, IceBolt, EnergyShield, FireGolem, Revive/SkKnight. Since it's pretty hard to tell 100% by eye when those fields don't match, consider using a spreadsheet calculation to generate the skpoints formula (or delete this if you don't want to slow down player skill investment). OpenOfficeCalc EG: ="((ulvl-" & <ReqlevelCellReference> & ")<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1"
    - If you want to undo the changes made for state overloading (e.g. spell masteries, CharStatPerks etc), then you'll probably want to adjust the interactions between Dodge/Avoid and CriticalStrike/Pierce as well.
    - If you still want OWounds to be a rare mod, then you'll want to adjust BloodGolem and SoBarbs OWounds effects.
  • d2mod.ini MonLvl.txt, I'm not sure if you reduced monster HP in the way you wanted to, since while you reduced the HP using monLvl.txt you also increased it in d2mod.ini by almost exactly the amount needed to compensate (i.e. only CrushingBlow, CExplosion and DSentry (but these skills appear to have been already corrected but without adjusting their description) or other effects that work on base monster hp are affected). The graph shows the baseHP after changes from d2mod.ini. I'm pretty sure the graph oddity around levels 67-99 are just NM/Hell intentional changes.
    d2mod.ini v1.7 HP_Table: 150,175,200,225,250,275,300,325
    d2mod.ini v1.8 HP_Table: 250,250,300,350,400,450,500,550

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:12 pm 

Brevan wrote:
  • MonProps.txt, "Meteorite Shower onStruck" occurs twice for NM and Hell Diablo, consider stacking the %'s instead and making room for another effect. Fixed
  • Monstats.txt, the hirelings still have the hidden passives (e.g. SpellMasteries) that you mentioned you wanted to remove. It's not the same. The passive some mercs have is to fine tune their damage output.
  • Missiles.txt, Consider reducing the range of the IceBlast shards (iceblast3) down to about 1/5th or 1/4 it's current range, otherwise it seems pretty overpowered compared to CBolt or FBolt since it auto-targets and has no cast delay. Alternatively, consider the number of shards being based on the skill level (e.g. 1 + blvl/5). I'll lower the range on the ice shards. It deals about half the damage of firebolt and wont multi hit on bosses like charged bolt, so its only good for clearing trash. Doesn't feel OP when you actually test it. I'll leave it for now until more testing is done.
  • SkillDesc.txt,
    - CExplosion and DSentry's corpse percents need to be adjusted manually to reflect the changes in d2mod.ini. The new Min-Max is 22-28 (or clc1*2/7 and clc2*2/7). I buffed the base damage to 80-100% monster hp / 2.5 = 32-40% on players 1, which is what is displayed in game. Correct or no?
    - IceBlast states that it freezes, but with the 6-shard change it doesn't (and probably shouldn't), consider changing this to the chill description other spells have. Good catch. Fixed.
  • Skills.txt,
    - Consider making the skpoints and reqlevel match for IceBlast, IceBolt, EnergyShield, FireGolem, Revive/SkKnight. Since it's pretty hard to tell 100% by eye when those fields don't match, consider using a spreadsheet calculation to generate the skpoints formula (or delete this if you don't want to slow down player skill investment). OpenOfficeCalc EG: ="((ulvl-" & <ReqlevelCellReference> & ")<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1"
    Fixed
    - If you want to undo the changes made for state overloading (e.g. spell masteries, CharStatPerks etc), then you'll probably want to adjust the interactions between Dodge/Avoid and CriticalStrike/Pierce as well.
    No reason for that. Its a compromise between hidden character info and state overload (Which isn't really an issue since my patch removes most oskill buffs and procs you can get). Those ama passives arent hidden, so I won't change it.
    - If you still want OWounds to be a rare mod, then you'll want to adjust BloodGolem and SoBarbs OWounds effects. I'll keep them on those skills. OW isn't as OP as i was worried about when I was adjusting mon hp in the early stages of editing. And it makes those skills unique and gives them more reason to be used.
  • d2mod.ini MonLvl.txt, I'm not sure if you reduced monster HP in the way you wanted to, since while you reduced the HP using monLvl.txt you also increased it in d2mod.ini by almost exactly the amount needed to compensate (i.e. only CrushingBlow, CExplosion and DSentry (but these skills appear to have been already corrected but without adjusting their description) or other effects that work on base monster hp are affected). The graph shows the baseHP after changes from d2mod.ini. I'm pretty sure the graph oddity around levels 67-99 are just NM/Hell intentional changes.
    d2mod.ini v1.7 HP_Table: 150,175,200,225,250,275,300,325
    d2mod.ini v1.8 HP_Table: 250,250,300,350,400,450,500,550
    I noticed this too. I wanted to increase the d2mod.ini base values to reduce the power of CB. I did a lot of testing at different values and settled on the current numbers. With the damage buffs it feels like monsters have less HP, so its the same effect. It's not always about perfect theory crafting. How the game feels when you play is what matters. :D :D

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. You always catch things that I miss. You are the Yin to my Yang. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:34 am 

does this mean we gonna see a live version of this on the realm soon ? a reset could be awesome if anyone would wanna play some.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:10 am 

ppl should vote on it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:52 am 

jiust to make sure: am i the only one who can tele throught everything with a sorc ? before we couldnt get pass wall with tele and i can tele just like LOD teleport. not sure if my install is clean or not :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:00 am 

I made it that way just for testing. Don't worry. Lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:24 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
ppl should vote on it.

where to vote that ?? i have some friends who would like to start playing hu if this goes online on realm it will be awesome to drag some new ppl.

+1 for reset !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 am 

Need more ppl to say they want to use my patch before anything should be done. Democracy, etc. someone make a poll about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:19 pm 

• debuglog.txt, these are located in the mod's root folder if you're using D2SE, or the Diablo2 folder otherwise. These are very useful for debugging errors most players won't notice. When a message says "Couldn't find string hash", then it'll result in the thing being referred to as "An Evil Force" which isn't serious, but most other issues should be addressed. Another chunk of seemingly ignorable errors are from SuperUniques.txt, where it'll complain about "Invalid hcIdx (X) -- value must be between 0 and 65", which doesn't seem to actually cause issues. I'd recommend fixing the other issues in the debuglog file before asking other people to test for you.
  • SkillDesc.txt, CExplosion shows 32-40% corpse hp as damage, but it does 22-28% (clc1*2/7 - clc2*2/7), using *2/5 only worked when d2mod.ini gave +150%HP, but now it gives +250%
  • Skills.txt Missiles.txt, Raise Skeleton Mage's clc2 (skills.txt, but mainly used in their description) no longer reflects their actual damage (missiles.txt), also their damage doesn't appear balanced since Ice starts with almost twice the damage as Ltng, although eventually all 4 approach similar numbers
  • MonStats.txt,
    - MonsterIDs 271, 338, 359, and 561 have skills that no longer exist, this is a good example of errors the debuglog files show.
    - Quillbears have no level, which results in them having 1 for all stats.
  • ItemStatCost.txt, hpregen doesn't have the bits necessary for the mods you're using it in. Consider going from 6 to 9 with SaveAdd=50, this should let mods vary from -50 to 461, but you should test it and make sure to tell people to check their chars and discard all items with ReplenishLife equipped on them or merc and in inventory or stash before they apply that update. It would be a good idea for them to save a back up of the previous file so that when they get an unexpected "Bad Inventory Data" message then they can just swap the files and clean that char before swapping back.
  • Runes.txt, Assassin Claws already count as Melee Weapons so you don't need to include them as an enabled itemtype when Melee or Weapon is already enabled. This won't break anything, I'm just not sure if it was intended or not.
  • MagicSuffix.txt MagicPrefix.txt, I've noticed some oddities that make me unsure if you're finished with these (e.g. "version" column sometimes being 1 and other times 100 (if you want to use the webpage maker for these files then this needs to be 100), FR/Walk removed from non-charms until level 50, ReplenishHP mods that spawn at Level X ReqLvl X but with MaxLvl X+1 (they'll almost never spawn), lvl 55 +%EDef armor mod weaker than the Lvl 45 version, etc). I can appreciate that it's not easy balancing these and that the prefix and suffix webpages aren't super easy to use, but let me know if you'd like a hand figuring them out (Try not to use them with Chrome, that browser has a bug relevant to Tables that really hinders those pages), but to be brief: choose the spawn level, choose the type as specifically as you can (e.g. boots - this will list both Boots and AnyArmor mods because boots are a subtype in ItemTypes.txt). If some type doesn't appear in the type list then there are no mods specifically for that type. Let me know if there's a theme or similar for Rares in your version of HU, then maybe I can check for things that don't appear to fit the theme. For example, the +%EDef armor oddity I mentioned above does make it easier to find a +%EDef armor later in the game, so would vaguely point towards a "consistent late-game rares" theme.

I'm going to take a break from looking over the files, but I'm willing to take a look later when you've gotten the easy fixes out of the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 pm 

People can still test it. Rofl :lol: :lol: :lol: , these aren't game breaking "bugs". There is plenty to test like balance and game flow. Fixing some incorrect strings is not necessary for actually playing the game.

I'll work on it though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 pm 

Brevan wrote:
  • debuglog.txt, these are located in the mod's root folder if you're using D2SE, or the Diablo2 folder otherwise. These are very useful for debugging errors most players won't notice. When a message says "Couldn't find string hash", then it'll result in the thing being referred to as "An Evil Force" which isn't serious, but most other issues should be addressed. Another chunk of seemingly ignorable errors are from SuperUniques.txt, where it'll complain about "Invalid hcIdx (X) -- value must be between 0 and 65", which doesn't seem to actually cause issues. I'd recommend fixing the other issues in the debuglog file before asking other people to test for you.
  • SkillDesc.txt, CExplosion shows 32-40% corpse hp as damage, but it does 22-28% (clc1*2/7 - clc2*2/7), using *2/5 only worked when d2mod.ini gave +150%HP, but now it gives +250% Right, fixed now
  • Skills.txt Missiles.txt, Raise Skeleton Mage's clc2 (skills.txt, but mainly used in their description) no longer reflects their actual damage (missiles.txt), also their damage doesn't appear balanced since Ice starts with almost twice the damage as Ltng, although eventually all 4 approach similar numbers Fixed
  • MonStats.txt,
    - MonsterIDs 271, 338, 359, and 561 have skills that no longer exist, this is a good example of errors the debuglog files show. Fixed
    - Quillbears have no level, which results in them having 1 for all stats. Fixed
  • ItemStatCost.txt, hpregen doesn't have the bits necessary for the mods you're using it in. Consider going from 6 to 9 with SaveAdd=50, this should let mods vary from -50 to 461, but you should test it and make sure to tell people to check their chars and discard all items with ReplenishLife equipped on them or merc and in inventory or stash before they apply that update. It would be a good idea for them to save a back up of the previous file so that when they get an unexpected "Bad Inventory Data" message then they can just swap the files and clean that char before swapping back. Fixed. Been meaning to lower the regen values on items just been putting it off
  • Runes.txt, Assassin Claws already count as Melee Weapons so you don't need to include them as an enabled itemtype when Melee or Weapon is already enabled. This won't break anything, I'm just not sure if it was intended or not. Fixed
  • MagicSuffix.txt MagicPrefix.txt, I've noticed some oddities that make me unsure if you're finished with these (e.g. "version" column sometimes being 1 and other times 100 (if you want to use the webpage maker for these files then this needs to be 100), FR/Walk removed from non-charms until level 50, ReplenishHP mods that spawn at Level X ReqLvl X but with MaxLvl X+1 (they'll almost never spawn), lvl 55 +%EDef armor mod weaker than the Lvl 45 version, etc). I can appreciate that it's not easy balancing these and that the prefix and suffix webpages aren't super easy to use, but let me know if you'd like a hand figuring them out (Try not to use them with Chrome, that browser has a bug relevant to Tables that really hinders those pages), but to be brief: choose the spawn level, choose the type as specifically as you can (e.g. boots - this will list both Boots and AnyArmor mods because boots are a subtype in ItemTypes.txt). If some type doesn't appear in the type list then there are no mods specifically for that type. Let me know if there's a theme or similar for Rares in your version of HU, then maybe I can check for things that don't appear to fit the theme. For example, the +%EDef armor oddity I mentioned above does make it easier to find a +%EDef armor later in the game, so would vaguely point towards a "consistent late-game rares" theme. Fixed

I'm going to take a break from looking over the files, but I'm willing to take a look later when you've gotten the easy fixes out of the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:13 am 

so if i use this patch i cant load my barb from 1.7a version?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:16 am 

correct, this is a combo of 1.7 and 1.5. you should make a new char to test this one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:20 am 

how am i suppose to patch this over 1.7b?
do i just drop the Data folder into the 1.7b main folder?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:25 am 

yep and the modified d2mod.ini

and run d2 with -direct -txt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:37 am 

wow! thanks for the quick replies!! thats so convenient
--
Is there any way i could transfer my items from 1.7a into this version? (started new here)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:38 am 

No, my patch is completely different. Just start new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 am 

u mean item-isation is different as well? (item properties etc)

anyway...

----

trash mods HP still seem very high, at least for my taste....
I started a Barb, bought a +5 to max dmg from shop and i still need like 15-20 hits to kill the begining monsters. OR maybe its because i started the MP version and not the solo one.

I definitely like that pots heal % of max HP but i think 60% is kind of too much since it regens in only 6 seconds. Ppl will depend highly on pots to overcome difficulties instead of other factors.
OR you could increase the seconds needed to heal 60%.

----

Did you guys ever thought of changing the properties of given by the attributes? you know, make them more important and meaningful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:06 am 

Yes items are completely different. 100% compatible with 1.7.

I'll wait until you finish hell baal until I change pots based on bloodmoor testing.

I'm killing bloodmoor monsters in 7-9 hits with 7-18 dmg on a lvl 1 barb. ???

Attributes are meaningful. Try beating the entire game without investing attributes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:59 am 

How are items different? for example, less properties?
---
I didnt test the pots regarding their balance and give feedback. Generally i tend to think that if potions heal slower in a longer period of time the game becomes better because u dont relay only on them to survive.
---
I dled the solo version but yeah, for my taste (which u can totally ignore) mosters need many hits to die. All good ! :)
---
I do believe attributes are needed i was just trying to say that for example STR itsself doesnt influence the much the actual auto attack dmg scaling or something similar. But i know str is required for items and prob skill scaling. Anyway, all good.
----
I just noticed you changed skills as well, Barb's Improved Durability doesnt increase physical resist anymore ;/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:54 am 

forget the 1.7 meta game, this is based on 1.5 which was based on 1.3. Which means it feels and plays like the patches before 1.7

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:56 am 

ah, i never played the previous versions, so i dont know :). To me your changes are new as well as 1.7 was :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:00 am 

ah I see. Well watch out for bosses then. They are very strong again as they were in older HU versions. You can look at the items in the webpages that I included in the download.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:17 pm 

Few questions:

- My act1 merc is lvl50 and has only 50 base strength and I'm having hard time equipping her. Was str/lvl been changed since 1.5 because I don't remember facing this problem before

- quantity of throwable items has been reduced a lot, is it possible to increase it to at least somewhere around 150, and increase repair cost? With enough attack speed you can deplete within 20 sec.

- Can skeletons be raised from the ground and not require a corpse? Against any boss you are useless if you decide to go that build, at least let me spam them and try something.

-grim ward cannot be summoned from any corpse, not from undead. Can you change that? and increase cast range as well?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 am 

TrueLies wrote:
Few questions:

- My act1 merc is lvl50 and has only 50 base strength and I'm having hard time equipping her. Was str/lvl been changed since 1.5 because I don't remember facing this problem before I've changed merc stats in the next update and buffed a1 merc str

- quantity of throwable items has been reduced a lot, is it possible to increase it to at least somewhere around 150, and increase repair cost? With enough attack speed you can deplete within 20 sec. Good catch. leftovers from 1.7. Fixed.

- Can skeletons be raised from the ground and not require a corpse? Against any boss you are useless if you decide to go that build, at least let me spam them and try something. With the no synergies on damage skills you can easily drop 20 pts into any spell and be useful. 60pts for skele/mages/mastery and 40 pts leftover. Have fun.

-grim ward cannot be summoned from any corpse, not from undead. Can you change that? and increase cast range as well? I'm not going to spend time on grimward right now. I'll increase the cast range though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:53 am 

updated download link with previously mentioned fixes and ....

- fire arrow, cold arrow, magic arrow gain more arrows per hard points to a max of 5 arrows for cold/fire and max of 3 for magic arrow

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:30 am 

There is a general flaw with some D2 mods, including this one, that flaw is when the game makes u want to skip the trash mobs. In this mod that feel is stronger because monsters tend to need more hits to die and the density is veru big.
So, what i would suggest is either reduce the overall monster density by half or nerf their lives.
Honestly, right now im trying to play but i find myself totally uninterested in killing any trash beside the mini bosses, which again, become a chore because there is tonz of trash following and in order to kill all these in an efficient way you need an AOE skill which my Barb class lacks.
Its like a chain of flaws that prevent me to have fun.

This is just my honest opinion.... Am i the only one feeling this way? can someone who tried the mod confirm?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:27 am 

DoubtFuLMind wrote:
There is a general flaw with some D2 mods, including this one, that flaw is when the game makes u want to skip the trash mobs. In this mod that feel is stronger because monsters tend to need more hits to die and the density is veru big.
So, what i would suggest is either reduce the overall monster density by half or nerf their lives.
Honestly, right now im trying to play but i find myself totally uninterested in killing any trash beside the mini bosses, which again, become a chore because there is tonz of trash following and in order to kill all these in an efficient way you need an AOE skill which my Barb class lacks.
Its like a chain of flaws that prevent me to have fun.

This is just my honest opinion.... Am i the only one feeling this way? can someone who tried the mod confirm?

While barb is probably the slowest at trashing (he should be because he excels at everything else tanky/mobile/good boss dmg), he wasnt even THAT slow when I played mine. I was wrecking mobs with stun and a 2h weap. Get a fat 2h weapon and use stun. Get an a3 merc and pimp him out. With BO and shout he is tanky too. GG u solo the entire game.

tl;dr Get a merc. Get better gear. Use stun.

If that is still too slow for you then barb isn't for you. Play paladin, amazon, druid, assassin for melee with better aoe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:15 am 

hmmm i never use Merc in the mods i play, i guess that makes a difference.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:05 pm 

• Cubemain.txt, The OpenWounds mods on ruby crafts are relatively high (might be unintended).
  • Misc.txt, PGems are still set to upgrade to StarStone gems at GemShrines (the Better Gem column), but that's the last gem upgrade via the shrine. Perhaps you'd like to keep it, reduce it, or extend it.
  • Gems.txt, I noticed you reduced the ReplenishHP on Skulls and Pul to be within the +33 limits of itemstatcost.txt. Gems and runes are allowed to ignore the limits of itemstatcost.txt since their stats are not saved. I'm only mentioning this to make sure you were aware of this kinda neat oddity. If you have a variety of runes with ReplenishHP, then you could use a few of them in a single word to yield an item with of large amounts of ReplenishHP. Set mods (Sets.txt, not SetItems.txt) are another place you can ignore itemstatcost.txt (If any players want a ReplenishHP themed set, let Mrawskrad know while he's still in the editing/testing phase).
  • Hireling.txt, it looks like the LvlPerlvl columns need to be adjusted. I understand those columns are confusing since their label makes it sounds like '8' would be 8 levels per +1SkillLevel, but instead those columns are in fractions of 32, so '8' means 32/8 Levels per +1SkillLevel.
  • MagicSuffix.txt, >90% your mods have the required level lower than the spawning level, so these seemed odd: of Greed (scha mcha), of Life (scha mcha), of the Locust (amu), of the Wraith (ring).
  • MagicPrefix.txt, same test as with Suffixes, these spawn/required levels seemed out of place: Jagged (scha), Forked (scha), Serrated (scha), Shimmering (mcha shld).
  • Missiles.txt, Formulas being used for immolationfire, fistoftheheavensbolt, meteorfire, moltenboulderfirepath have these issues:
    - The "stat()" function isn't recognized by Missiles.txt, so consider using one of the unused calc fields of Kick to calculate "ulvl*ulvl/125" and then pointing to it.
    - They're referring to the level of the skill rather than the base level (your synergy formula usually uses the blvl). I'm not sure how many +Skills is expected in the mod, so maybe this is ignorable.
    Example solution with Kick.clc4="ulvl*ulvl/125"
    NG: stat('level'.accr)*stat('level'.accr)/125 + skill('Fist of the Heavens'.lvl)
    OK: skill('Kick'.clc4) + skill('Fist of the Heavens'.blvl)
    - One advantage of the proposed solution is that you can use it nearly everywhere (Skills.txt and Missiles.txt) so that in the future you could quickly edit all skill synergies just by changing that one formula.
  • Monstats.txt, Quillbears are missing a treasureclass (might be intended, but good chance that it isn't).
  • Skills.txt,
    - skpoints field of Revive and FireGolem don't match, but maybe this was intended since the other issues with this column were fixed.
    - I noticed you increased CExplosion damage, but didn't change DeathSentry (skill 312). Maybe intended.
  • SkillDesc.txt,
    - Some skills have synergies (non-damage synergies) that aren't included in the skill description, for example FArmor receives %EDef from Enchant, ShiverArmor, and ChillingArmor). I'm not sure if these should be added to the description or removed from the skill, but I figured it's an oddity worth pointing out.
    - Consider changing CorpseExplosion dsc2calca1=clc1*2/7 dsc2calcb1=clc2*2/7, and changing DeathSentry in a similar way (from "...*2/5" to "...*2/7")
  • debuglog.txt, There are still errors that you can fix pretty easily (e.g. missiles.txt is complaining about skills that don't exist, maybe they're from v1.5 or you haven't implemented them yet?). That example is just one issue, there are about a dozen that need to be addressed. Let me know if you'd like a hand deciphering any of the messages. I can appreciate that it's not always obvious what index it was looking at (e.g. the errors in SuperUniques.txt are probably related to TreasureClassEx.txt).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:25 am 

Brevan wrote:
  • Cubemain.txt, The OpenWounds mods on ruby crafts are relatively high (might be unintended). Keeping it. Makes them unique.
  • Misc.txt, PGems are still set to upgrade to StarStone gems at GemShrines (the Better Gem column), but that's the last gem upgrade via the shrine. Perhaps you'd like to keep it, reduce it, or extend it. I'm leaving it as it is.
  • Gems.txt, I noticed you reduced the ReplenishHP on Skulls and Pul to be within the +33 limits of itemstatcost.txt. Gems and runes are allowed to ignore the limits of itemstatcost.txt since their stats are not saved. I'm only mentioning this to make sure you were aware of this kinda neat oddity. If you have a variety of runes with ReplenishHP, then you could use a few of them in a single word to yield an item with of large amounts of ReplenishHP. Set mods (Sets.txt, not SetItems.txt) are another place you can ignore itemstatcost.txt (If any players want a ReplenishHP themed set, let Mrawskrad know while he's still in the editing/testing phase). I wanted to reduce it back down.
  • Hireling.txt, it looks like the LvlPerlvl columns need to be adjusted. I understand those columns are confusing since their label makes it sounds like '8' would be 8 levels per +1SkillLevel, but instead those columns are in fractions of 32, so '8' means 32/8 Levels per +1SkillLevel. Fixed
  • MagicSuffix.txt, >90% your mods have the required level lower than the spawning level, so these seemed odd: of Greed (scha mcha), of Life (scha mcha), of the Locust (amu), of the Wraith (ring). Fixed
  • MagicPrefix.txt, same test as with Suffixes, these spawn/required levels seemed out of place: Jagged (scha), Forked (scha), Serrated (scha), Shimmering (mcha shld). Fixed
  • Missiles.txt, Formulas being used for immolationfire, fistoftheheavensbolt, meteorfire, moltenboulderfirepath have these issues:
    - The "stat()" function isn't recognized by Missiles.txt, so consider using one of the unused calc fields of Kick to calculate "ulvl*ulvl/125" and then pointing to it.
    - They're referring to the level of the skill rather than the base level (your synergy formula usually uses the blvl). I'm not sure how many +Skills is expected in the mod, so maybe this is ignorable.
    Example solution with Kick.clc4="ulvl*ulvl/125"
    NG: stat('level'.accr)*stat('level'.accr)/125 + skill('Fist of the Heavens'.lvl)
    OK: skill('Kick'.clc4) + skill('Fist of the Heavens'.blvl)
    - One advantage of the proposed solution is that you can use it nearly everywhere (Skills.txt and Missiles.txt) so that in the future you could quickly edit all skill synergies just by changing that one formula. Fixed
  • Monstats.txt, Quillbears are missing a treasureclass (might be intended, but good chance that it isn't). Fixed
  • Skills.txt,
    - skpoints field of Revive and FireGolem don't match, but maybe this was intended since the other issues with this column were fixed.
    - I noticed you increased CExplosion damage, but didn't change DeathSentry (skill 312). Maybe intended. Fixed
  • SkillDesc.txt,
    - Some skills have synergies (non-damage synergies) that aren't included in the skill description, for example FArmor receives %EDef from Enchant, ShiverArmor, and ChillingArmor). I'm not sure if these should be added to the description or removed from the skill, but I figured it's an oddity worth pointing out. Fixed
    - Consider changing CorpseExplosion dsc2calca1=clc1*2/7 dsc2calcb1=clc2*2/7, and changing DeathSentry in a similar way (from "...*2/5" to "...*2/7") Fixed
  • debuglog.txt, There are still errors that you can fix pretty easily (e.g. missiles.txt is complaining about skills that don't exist, maybe they're from v1.5 or you haven't implemented them yet?). That example is just one issue, there are about a dozen that need to be addressed. Let me know if you'd like a hand deciphering any of the messages. I can appreciate that it's not always obvious what index it was looking at (e.g. the errors in SuperUniques.txt are probably related to TreasureClassEx.txt).
Fixed most of these. Just unused stuff. Harmless.

Updated download with fixes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 pm 

I've spend some time looking at different builds, lvl 99 chars with gambled semi build wise gear, for the build I have been testing. Chars have been tested outside of A1 town Hell, just for performance comparison against same enemies.

From what I have experienced, I must say chars seemd preaty well balanced. Not sure how its gona be in the end end game tho. but baseline balancing seems preatty good.

Im not sure is this to much work but I would realy like to see the Flamewave back in place of Blaze skill as it was in 1.6? I believe, I miss that skill. Flamewave sorc was awesome to play.

Not sure is this ok idea but, how about sorting out bladefury? I would add extra projectiles to it like it was few patches ago, currently it is at 2/5 wep damage witch is preaty meh, I would like to see the skill back in action as multiple projectile ( perhaps like strafe works? ) or at least back to 1/2 wep dmg.

Any chance to make frozen orb a bit more viable? damage is preaty low.

Also afer testing all of the chars and multiple builds, I thought that perhaps would be nice to see hammerdins back in action, as a viable strat that is.

I rly like the changes to Amazon magic arrows, they are very fun! and seem quite viable, with all other bow builds in line. Javelin builds seem good as well.

I have noticed some skills still have the 1,7 discription with "skill cast delay" like Chain lightning, assasin traps, and perhaps other too. Although they dont have any cast delay anymore, which is good, nevertheless the old dyscription is confusing.

Also not sure is that intended but when I had Frozen Orb on Left click and Blizzard on Right Click I have noticed the skills share the "Skill cast delay" so you are not able to cast blizzard and frozen orb immediately after that, not sure would it be ok for them NOT to share the same Skill Cast Delay. Perhaps ther are more skills that work in this way on other classes, preventing some interesting builds? ( could be to OP tho? )

After casting Cloak of Shadows, I wasnt able to cast it again after debufin some monsters around me.It seemed to me I had to wait until the end of last duration for some reason?

I have compared the two summoners Druid and Necro builds, Necro performs better, after you use appropriate curses. Some dru summon love?

Also havent seen a Elemental druid in quite few patches? Not a shapeshift hybrid.

Barbarian seems really solid with how free you are to build him.

Bring flamewave back plz, if its not to time consuming, I've no idea how much work would that take, also bladefury multiple projectile xD

So far fun a lot of new interesting stuff to experince in char building.

Just some of my thoughts, Thanks for putting in the work and everyone whos testing.

Cheers!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:20 pm 

Maybe replace static with an electric like flamewave thing? The flames were cool, or blaze into flamewave and static into a blaze like electricity (similar to a sins lightning toss skill where it sits there ive forgotten the name)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:21 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
Maybe replace static with an electric like flamewave thing? The flames were cool

I think that's called charged bolt? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 pm 

Zen1337 wrote:
I've spend some time looking at different builds, lvl 99 chars with gambled semi build wise gear, for the build I have been testing. Chars have been tested outside of A1 town Hell, just for performance comparison against same enemies.

From what I have experienced, I must say chars seemd preaty well balanced. Not sure how its gona be in the end end game tho. but baseline balancing seems preatty good. :D

Im not sure is this to much work but I would realy like to see the Flamewave back in place of Blaze skill as it was in 1.6? I believe, I miss that skill. Flamewave sorc was awesome to play. I could, should I replace blaze or inferno, though?

Not sure is this ok idea but, how about sorting out bladefury? I would add extra projectiles to it like it was few patches ago, currently it is at 2/5 wep damage witch is preaty meh, I would like to see the skill back in action as multiple projectile ( perhaps like strafe works? ) or at least back to 1/2 wep dmg. I can do that

Any chance to make frozen orb a bit more viable? damage is preaty low. Yeah, it is. I just nerfed it since it was too strong before. I'll buff it more so its in a middle ground.

Also afer testing all of the chars and multiple builds, I thought that perhaps would be nice to see hammerdins back in action, as a viable strat that is.
I will buff the starting dmg on hammers a bit and hammers ignore undead and demon res/absorb.

I rly like the changes to Amazon magic arrows, they are very fun! and seem quite viable, with all other bow builds in line. Javelin builds seem good as well.

I have noticed some skills still have the 1,7 discription with "skill cast delay" like Chain lightning, assasin traps, and perhaps other too. Although they dont have any cast delay anymore, which is good, nevertheless the old dyscription is confusing. Will fix

Also not sure is that intended but when I had Frozen Orb on Left click and Blizzard on Right Click I have noticed the skills share the "Skill cast delay" so you are not able to cast blizzard and frozen orb immediately after that, not sure would it be ok for them NOT to share the same Skill Cast Delay. Perhaps ther are more skills that work in this way on other classes, preventing some interesting builds? ( could be to OP tho? ) That's just how d2 works

After casting Cloak of Shadows, I wasnt able to cast it again after debufin some monsters around me.It seemed to me I had to wait until the end of last duration for some reason? That's just how d2 works

I have compared the two summoners Druid and Necro builds, Necro performs better, after you use appropriate curses. Some dru summon love? Use other skills on druid, you can 20 pt max anything.

Also havent seen a Elemental druid in quite few patches? Not a shapeshift hybrid. They have been buffed. Especially with the removed synergies.

Barbarian seems really solid with how free you are to build him.

Bring flamewave back plz, if its not to time consuming, I've no idea how much work would that take, also bladefury multiple projectile xD

So far fun a lot of new interesting stuff to experince in char building.

Just some of my thoughts, Thanks for putting in the work and everyone whos testing.

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words and help.

ao2005 wrote:
Maybe replace static with an electric like flamewave thing? The flames were cool, or blaze into flamewave and static into a blaze like electricity (similar to a sins lightning toss skill where it sits there ive forgotten the name)

Still thinking about this. Hmm

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:47 pm 

updated the download again

inferno now shoots multiple missles and hits once instead of doing damager per sec (its like the old flamewave) try it out see how you like it
static is now a nuke spell with a timer. It's similar to meteor shower, but lightning (its pretty cool, go try it)
blade fury does 1/2 weapon damage and gets up to 5 missiles (I also reduced the flat bonus damage on it, otherwise it would be way OP)
buffed FO
fixed some wrong skill descriptions
blessed hammer is now a level 1 skill
smite is now level 12
sacrifice deals 3/2 weapon damage
bash deals 3/2 weapon damage
concentrate deals 3/2 weapon damage
berserk deals 3/2 weapon damage
leap attack deals 3/2 weapon damage
buffed boots kick damage and kick skills enhanced damage %

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 am 

You da man!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:45 pm 

• Skills.txt,
    - Update shows Smite as level 12, but files show it at level 18, maybe typo in the update.
    - Revive skpoints column doesn't match reqLevel
    - DimVision must have ast1>0 or it will have no effect. You can delete the stat if you want, but the calc field must be more than zero. This seems to be a hardcoded "feature" of D2 similar to the curse removal of Cleansing.
  • Debuglog:
    - Missiles.txt, staticstormcenter2 has a typo in EDmgSymPerCalc
    - Cubemain.txt, typo with the recipe used for LoShadows key
  • Consider a quick play test with EShield and TStorm in the early-game and late-game to confirm that those skills are where you want them to be. Relative to their v1.7 versions they've been given 20-60 points worth of free synergies, so might be too strong for 20 skill points. Since there's quite a bit more MP available, consider EShield's MP-Damage capping around 16/16 or 12/16 rather than 8/16.
  • Consider double-checking that RendingStrikes (Barb passive) is doing what you want it to do. If it is intended to be a free OpenWounds affix, then consider giving it a max level of 1-5 and doubling the %'s. Consider a quick play-test in the early game and late game to confirm how OpenWounds affects stuff.
  • There was a suggestion thread for v1.8 and v1.9 with a couple community requests to reduce the quantity of monster drops. HU's monster packs are dense so it's pretty common for stuff on the ground to be hidden by the names of other stuff, so this seems like a pretty good suggestion. Consider re-implementing some of the changes to treasure classes mentioned in the HUv1.7b update (EG: 1/3 chance of gold but 3x the size; reduced chance for IDScrolls, Ammo, etc; removed Antidote, Stamina, Thawing pots; General minor increase in the "NoDrop" field; just keep in mind that when you reduce a chance by 10, then you need to add 10 to the "NoDrop" field). I think this took about 30min to do carefully.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:06 pm 

muleofal wrote:
ao2005 wrote:
Maybe replace static with an electric like flamewave thing? The flames were cool

I think that's called charged bolt? :D

Doh lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:12 pm 

Brevan wrote:
  • Skills.txt,
    - Update shows Smite as level 12, but files show it at level 18, maybe typo in the update. Typo in my update
    - Revive skpoints column doesn't match reqLevel fixed
    - DimVision must have ast1>0 or it will have no effect. You can delete the stat if you want, but the calc field must be more than zero. This seems to be a hardcoded "feature" of D2 similar to the curse removal of Cleansing. fixed
  • Debuglog:
    - Missiles.txt, staticstormcenter2 has a typo in EDmgSymPerCalc fixed
    - Cubemain.txt, typo with the recipe used for LoShadows key I don't see one. I didn't touch this recipe and it works in game.
  • Consider a quick play test with EShield and TStorm in the early-game and late-game to confirm that those skills are where you want them to be. Relative to their v1.7 versions they've been given 20-60 points worth of free synergies, so might be too strong for 20 skill points. Since there's quite a bit more MP available, consider EShield's MP-Damage capping around 16/16 or 12/16 rather than 8/16. I agree. I reduced TS damage at low levels and at tier 5 and I set ES ratio to 16/16.
  • Consider double-checking that RendingStrikes (Barb passive) is doing what you want it to do. If it is intended to be a free OpenWounds affix, then consider giving it a max level of 1-5 and doubling the %'s. Consider a quick play-test in the early game and late game to confirm how OpenWounds affects stuff. Working as I intended
  • There was a suggestion thread for v1.8 and v1.9 with a couple community requests to reduce the quantity of monster drops. HU's monster packs are dense so it's pretty common for stuff on the ground to be hidden by the names of other stuff, so this seems like a pretty good suggestion. Consider re-implementing some of the changes to treasure classes mentioned in the HUv1.7b update (EG: 1/3 chance of gold but 3x the size; reduced chance for IDScrolls, Ammo, etc; removed Antidote, Stamina, Thawing pots; General minor increase in the "NoDrop" field; just keep in mind that when you reduce a chance by 10, then you need to add 10 to the "NoDrop" field). I think this took about 30min to do carefully. I increased the nodrop chance on all "junk" items. I also removed stamina/thawing potions from the drop tables. I removed gold drops completely from non-champion and non boss monsters, this includes chests.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm 

Updated download

I'm thinking about starting ES ratio at 16/16 and scaling it down to 12/16 based on blvl or char level. I think this would be best.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 am 

Can't put any skills into blade fury (tested with lvl 12/18/30/99 character) - issue or does it have a prereq skill?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:53 am 

muleofal wrote:
Can't put any skills into blade fury (tested with lvl 12/18/30/99 character) - issue or does it have a prereq skill?

It requires blade sent. but it shouldn't. That's my fault. I'll fix it and some other errors as well and upload an update tomorrow. Thanks for finding these things everyone, it helps a lot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am 

edit: ops double post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am 

Lookin good. I love the junk drop fix!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 pm 

I think druid summons are far too beefy. Level 1 spirit wolves (no +skills gear) tanking p8 smith. They do die occasionally but survive well past the cooldown timer and allow more than enough time for a druid recover the mana easily without any mana pots (they are lasting at least 6-8 seconds per). I understand it's just the smith, but I'm guessing a purely dedicated summoner can give other bosses a big run for their money. Will test more with andy and some a2 sub bosses and report back.

On a similar note, i think the vines need a much longer cooldown as well. Vine spam to tank bosses is easy with the 1 second cooldown.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:46 am 

I agree with you about wolves. I actually already nerfed them a bit at low levels and increased the cooldown to 4 seconds. It sounds high but they are still beefier than previous hu patches. It will be in my update later today. So test it and let me know once I upload it. I'm still at work now. I will look at vines as well and see if I can work the magic on them too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 am 

Untargetable or 8-10 second cooldown on vines should do it. I vine spammed Andy and let my merc kill her, a second time with wolf spam. Looking forward to the wolf tweaks.

Something I haven't personally tested but I know has been an issue in previous patches - magic % damage. It never worked in other iterations of HU (if people remember the crafted shields with magic mastery and pierce, where only the pierce worked). Magic mastery I believe shows up on the character display but may not truly work. I supposed I could put a character with several 50+% magic mastery small charms and try. Just something I noticed looking through the gear.

We're the 1.7 side quests kept in place? (Legion, hall of heroes etc). What about the level challenges?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:56 am 

muleofal wrote:
Untargetable or 8-10 second cooldown on vines should do it. I vine spammed Andy and let my merc kill her, a second time with wolf spam. Looking forward to the wolf tweaks. I can make the 2 non combat vines untargetable, but im worried about making the psn one untargetable, but we can try it.

Something I haven't personally tested but I know has been an issue in previous patches - magic % damage. It never worked in other iterations of HU (if people remember the crafted shields with magic mastery and pierce, where only the pierce worked). Magic mastery I believe shows up on the character display but may not truly work. I supposed I could put a character with several 50+% magic mastery small charms and try. Just something I noticed looking through the gear. It works, brevan added a formula in all the magic skill synergies to make it work.

We're the 1.7 side quests kept in place? (Legion, hall of heroes etc). What about the level challenges? Yes, but some of the rewards have slightly different bonuses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:02 am 

Ok. I updated the download link.

all vines untargetable
reduced wolf/bear hp at lower levels and it scales up smoothly based on char level to full power once you get higher level
changed the timer on summons wolves are 3 secs bear is 6
I suppose i could remove the timer on vines since they are untargetable now. I'll do that next update

any item in cube = unique and set of that item

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Ok. I updated the download link.

all vines untargetable
reduced wolf/bear hp at lower levels and it scales up smoothly based on char level to full power once you get higher level
changed the timer on summons wolves are 3 secs bear is 6
I suppose i could remove the timer on vines since they are untargetable now. I'll do that next update

any item in cube = unique and set of that item

Awesome, easy way to test with the uniques, thanks. I do know those vines get annoying with find item, but maybe untargetable is the way to go. I remember a but ago we had the sages untargetable and that was fine, i just remember tanking meph in hell with 2 druids and oak sage spam

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:54 pm 

The main issues of the 1.7 in my opinion were:
-gutting of many viable classes due to a fallacy of trying to make everything do similar damage values based on the skill attributes
-lack of synergies and gear progression made going beyond normal stale
-mana costs were skyhigh, turned the game into mana pot simulator 2017
-Prayer on mercs made content trivial with the max HP % heals and it stacking

Sounds like you aren't adding in synergies, so character progression is going to feel stale. Going back to older versions of gear is going to make gear progression somewhat better, +skills and pierce/mastery were solid ways to feel progression. But the lack of synergies are going to hurt a class, especially when in all actuality multi element builds suffer from being unable to dual class pierce/mastery. The only solution here is forced synergies via facets offering 2 elements, etc.

If you plan on adding synergies, PM me and I'll give it a go, otherwise I'm just going to pass.

Big plus on adding tele through walls, it was such an arbitrary constraint that made no sense from the get go. Just make sure all classes have early access to teleport in viable ways that aren't 2h staves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 pm 

Skill damage scales with char level. Which is the same as synergies in that it's always increasing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:54 pm 

I mean it still seems worse. A lot of classes have a strict balance of defensive/utility/offense, and now it doesn't exist.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 am 

Did you try it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
all vines untargetable

Wooooooow man how am I supposed to beat bosses if I can't have vine tank them? Way to make druids useless. /s

I figured you could use some more feedback from someone who hasn't tried your patch, but thinks I know how it's going to play based on your change log.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
Mrawskrad wrote:
all vines untargetable
I know how it's going to play based on your change log.

Is that good or bad? You know I always seek your approval slappy. :) :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am 

In all seriousness I'm really happy to see that change. No matter how pimped a tank druid can be, spamming vine was always the safer / easier way to hold a boss still. I considered it the strongest summon to tank bosses with, even better than decoy. I am guilty AF for abusing this at basically every corner, but it made the game boring.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:11 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
In all seriousness I'm really happy to see that change. No matter how pimped a tank druid can be, spamming vine was always the safer / easier way to hold a boss still. I considered it the strongest summon to tank bosses with, even better than decoy. I am guilty AF for abusing this at basically every corner, but it made the game boring.

I have to agree. Seeing summons not be able to permanently hold bosses is great. The new changes have made them a lot more reasonable.

Quality-of-life request: Change the buyable runes in each act to 3 from 2 (act 1 = el, eld, tir; act 5 = shael, dol, hel). Allows people to not rely on lucky rune drops for their runewords (which can be a real pain, and the drops seem to have reverted back to being 20-30 levels below the monsters in each act) but doesnt allow someone to farm gold to get to the higher runes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:45 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:

thats what i am saying about oak spam, i think you were apart of that on meph with lee, double druid oak spam held him

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:28 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:

thats what i am saying about oak spam, i think you were apart of that on meph with lee, double druid oak spam held him

Yep, that was dumb. I'm personally a fan of making oaks non-target-able

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:34 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
ao2005 wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:

Yep, that was dumb. I'm personally a fan of making oaks non-target-able

Sages are already untargetable in this patch i believe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:31 pm 

ETA?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:16 pm 

How about necro, amazon and assassin summons? How are those on bosses?

muleofal wrote:
Quality-of-life request: Change the buyable runes in each act to 3 from 2 (act 1 = el, eld, tir; act 5 = shael, dol, hel).

Done.

Pious wrote:
ETA?

It's playable now. I don't think there are any massive imbalances. There will always be something that gets missed that will be too strong, you know that. Everyone has been really helpful testing, but nothing compares to the amount of people playing and testing if it was on realm. Anyways, I want to make sure all summons are not too strong on bosses before I'm 100% ready.

What does everyone else think? Anyone see anything unbalanced or anything else big they want changed (within reason :lol:)?

This can include items. Some are super redundant, so if you have good ideas for niche items for builds that get over looked. You can review the items in the webpages in the download. I can rework some items that don't get used much if someone has a neat idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 am 

Hi, here are few reports, questions and suggestions:

- Is it possible to add map for areas like tristram and alike?

- Sander's set is called McAuley's Folly in webpages.

- Jewels that give IAS start from 20%ias when you are above lvl30 if I'm not wrong. Can there be jewels that give 5%, 10%, 15% ias on lower lvls?

- Enhanced damage on crafted weapons is only 15%, why so low?

- In 1.5 version there was physical act1 merc that used multiple shot and magical arrow, was it too strong and thus removed? If not can you bring her back?

- Does cold and fire act1 merc skills convert all physical damage to elemental? If I get her an item that gives 10 to max damage, will that damage get converted to cold/fire damage?

- Cold act3 merc uses frost nova even if monster is out of reach/range. It's not a big deal it just looks stupid, he is casting spell and hitting noone. If this could be adjusted it woould be nice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:53 am 

TrueLies wrote:
Hi, here are few reports, questions and suggestions:

- Is it possible to add map for areas like tristram and alike?

Short answer no. Long answer No, don't got time for that shit. :lol:

- Sander's set is called McAuley's Folly in webpages.

It's normal don't worry

- Jewels that give IAS start from 20%ias when you are above lvl30 if I'm not wrong. Can there be jewels that give 5%, 10%, 15% ias on lower lvls?

Seems unnecessary, just spend 10 mins and level up to 30

- Enhanced damage on crafted weapons is only 15%, why so low?

Because you can/have to roll ed% affixes. Every craft hitting 255% ed easily would be so unbalanced. The ed% that comes with the craft is like a bonus.

- In 1.5 version there was physical act1 merc that used multiple shot and magical arrow, was it too strong and thus removed? If not can you bring her back?

Phys bow mercs were always impossible to balance. You can still gear an a1 merc to do massive phys damage to single targets like bosses, but you won't get the physical AOE since you don't have multishot. Probably a good thing for the health of the game. Otherwise it would be a1 phys mercs unleashed all over again. Clearing screens and bosses no problems.

- Does cold and fire act1 merc skills convert all physical damage to elemental? If I get her an item that gives 10 to max damage, will that damage get converted to cold/fire damage?

Only fire/cold arrow do, so 1 out of 3 skills

- Cold act3 merc uses frost nova even if monster is out of reach/range. It's not a big deal it just looks stupid, he is casting spell and hitting noone. If this could be adjusted it woould be nice.
I'll change it back to Ice Bolt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:20 am 

This is the old Flamewave:

1.6c files from my D2SE:

Hu1.6c

A short video with flamewave sorc:

1.6c_Flamewave_youtube

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 am 

I'm aware. I created it in 1.5

The new inferno is the same function as flamewave. It just looks different. If people prefer the old one I can swap it. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:53 pm 

i never really utilized inferno that much. cool to see some new spin on the skill

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:36 pm 

checked out skeles on necro, 4 and 4 (mages not archers) doesnt seem like too many, obviously trying to get rid of the 20 and 20 but 4 and 4 seems a little light

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:51 pm 

6/6 skeles better?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
6/6 skeles better?

id say so, not too high not too low

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:15 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
The new inferno is the same function as flamewave. It just looks different. If people prefer the old one I can swap it. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I really like flamewave and in my opinion I would put it instead of fire wall. Change the inferno a little so that they don't function the same. I prefer this dynamic spell instead of boring static like fire wall, but that is just my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:19 am 

TrueLies wrote:
Mrawskrad wrote:

I really like flamewave and in my opinion I would put it instead of fire wall. Change the inferno a little so that they don't function the same. I prefer this dynamic spell instead of boring static like fire wall, but that is just my opinion.

Not firewall but in place of blaze, skill that never gets used. Firewall was always solid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:46 am 

Why would we have flamewave that does the exact same thing as the new inferno? Makes absolutely no sense. Leave blaze and firewal they're both good solid skills that are both useful

"Change inferno a little" - offers no input or idea at all
"Blaze never gets used" - has never seen how powerful a skill it can be

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 am 

muleofal wrote:
Why would we have flamewave that does the exact same thing as the new inferno? Makes absolutely no sense. Leave blaze and firewal they're both good solid skills that are both useful

"Change inferno a little" - offers no input or idea at all
"Blaze never gets used" - has never seen how powerful a skill it can be

Havent had a chance to test blaze, always wanted to make a fire stacker, how is blaze now? Is it stackable or did it get changes to that stupid tail it was for a while. Firewall is tight yo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:16 am 

I just always thought that the 1.5 as it turns out, flamewave was more cool then blaze or inferno as a skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:17 am 

Blaze has always been stackable and very strong when done right. It's a tough skill to use because it takes time to lay down a good patch and then takes that much more effort to get a boss to stand in the patch and stay there. And it's not really the best trash skill. But it's always been a good skill and probably the quickest boss-killing skill, just needs the right execution.

I havent tested it in this current patch but i'd assume it's still very strong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:47 am 

yea like the firewall sorc which was inferno blaze firewall synergy, if im not mistaken hehe.

Which btw only had to use all of them skill to get firewall as strong as possible,and it was used to beat bosses at range, with how it didn't trigger the boss counter mechanics.

Now consider the fact that on this patch you dont have to put any skill into inferno or blaze.

Fireball, meteor, hydra are much more interesting choices for a fire sorc since you dont have synergy anymore... blaze compared to other choices is awkward and situational...

Keep in mid sorc most imporatand defense is the teleport spam...not walking lol

Think about it, you have so much better abilities in fire tab.
just example

blaze or hydra?

its not even a contest. The 1.5 Flamewave in my oppinion can be compared to other skills, looking at mechanics.

and in my personal oppinion looks and feels much cooler then inferno.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:24 pm 

Any possible skill variant within the capabilities of the d2 engine and skill functions won't add more to the sorc play style than blaze already does.

Not everything has to be the best. Having different options for unique play styles is good too. No other class skill is comparable to blaze and it certainly isn't weak vs bosses. It has the highest potential for dps with the right setup. Blaze has its niche. I won't change blaze.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:50 pm 

I haven't tested this out at all but how are countess and nith rune drops? One thing I've always thought was a pain was rune drops throughout the game, usually dropping a rune you needed 4 acts prior.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 pm 

I changed this back in 1.5 and I carried it over to this patch. What should I call this patch? 1.8? I don't even know.

The rune drops are:

Countess norm: eth - sol
Countess NM: ko - gul
Countess Hell: mal - Lo

Nihlathak norm: lum - ist
Nihlathak NM: um - sur
Nihlathak Hell: gul - cham

Maybe I should buff Hell countess runes. Thoughts?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
I changed this back in 1.5 and I carried it over to this patch. What should I call this patch? 1.8? I don't even know.

The rune drops are:

Countess norm: eth - sol
Countess NM: ko - gul
Countess Hell: mal - Lo

Nihlathak norm: lum - ist
Nihlathak NM: um - sur
Nihlathak Hell: gul - cham

Maybe I should buff Hell countess runes. Thoughts?

looks good actually, makes them farm-worthy without it being EZ mode to get zods. if anything the only thing i'd suggest changing is raising the low end of hell nith to vex or ohm (personal preference).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 am 

Ya I had the same idea. I'll raise it to vex.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:44 am 

Hi

- critical strike requires pierce, is that intentional?

- many class specific items don't have unique version, like horned helm, unraveller head, preserved head, reflex bow and others. Can you make uniques for them?

- there is no unique bow in normal that is magic dmg oriented. Could you change/edit one of them, for example composite bow (rogue's bow) by giving it:
x to magic arrow
-X% to enemy magic resistance
adds x to x magic damage
?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:40 am 

possible to have sarina or one of the council members drop runes as well ?
somewhere along for normal : Shael - Io nightmare um - ist Hell : Gul - Ohm

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:23 am 

- Attack in critical strike has no effect, 1st or last lvl your attack rating stays the same.

- Fire duration on immolation arrow says 3.5 sec but it barely lasts 2 secs.

- What is the reason behind low Ed% on guided arrow?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:40 am 

Just a quick question.

Is there a reason for knockback on Dragon Talon? It is used for some certain situations or something? No sarcasm here, just a syrious question.

As it stands the knocback function makes skill into a 1 hit knockack.

Knockback kinda runins its usuefullness? Or am I missing something here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:12 am 

I added magic dmg type affixes to pluckeye and blastbark.

Critical strike AR works it's applied through pierce. Reequip some +skills or rejoin the game to update the effect. D2 limitations...etc etc. 16 year old game etc etc...

I fixed the description/damage on immolation arrow. It does avout 150% the damage of exploding arrow but over 1 sec in a smaller area.

Knockback on Dragon Talon is hardcoded. But it wont KB bosses. If its annoying you when killing trash then use literally any other skill sins have for trash. Tigerstrike + Dtail is great for trash if you want to keep the kick theme going and use Talon on bosses.

I could add rune drops to Sarina. I suppose. What if I give her a higher chance for runes but not guaranteed drops since she is so easy to get to.

Edit: I gave Sarina a higher chance to drop:

norm: Io and lower
NM: Ist and lower
Hell: Lo and lower

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:38 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
norm: Io and lower
NM: Ist and lower
Hell: Lo and lower

What if I give her a higher chance for runes but not guaranteed drops since she is so easy to get to.

i like that idea of not guaranteed runes, shes a pretty easy farm and always has been, at least for norm, then usually general is the next step

maybe put a baseline for the drops, not too high but low enough so its not Lo spamming

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am 

Updated download with previously mentioned changes.

Let me know if you find any issues.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 am 

1.8 Test patch_d2.mpq

Here is a test patch_2.mpq file. Please test it. Make sure things look as they should be. If you find anything that seems wrong then tell me.

Just copy this into your HU folder. Make a backup of your normal 1.7b patch_d2.mpq. Don't use -direct -txt with this, obviously.

No more teleport through walls or cube cheats with this one.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not going to make a low res version. Everyone should be playing Hi-res by now, honestly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:13 pm 

Well, My monitor is pretty small so no Hi-res for me.

Here, I just made a normal res one.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwkRqRFyBZoXU2Jha0JERGJBejA

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:39 am 

I'm still playing previous version, not 1.8 test patch. I was in Halls of Arimyth, east portal and when I wanted to enter Hall of heroes (if I remember correctly) fatal error occurred i.e. had to close D2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:52 am 

That doesn't give me very much info to guess what the problem is. Sometimes these things just happen 15+ year old game. Try again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:39 pm 

looks promising, i got it working, been looking at most chars so far, missing pally and druid, altho , dunno if some are up for open tcp on the realm ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 pm 

Good to hear :D

I'm down to play with you but I'm in Asia right now. So my timezone is difficult to play with others.

Do you have hamachi?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 am 

Is it only me or you still have to put 1 point into blade sentiel in order to be allowed blade fury?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 am 

Might just be you. I just double checked and I don't need any other skills for Bfury.

Can anyone else confirm either way?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 am 

Zen1337 wrote:
Is it only me or you still have to put 1 point into blade sentiel in order to be allowed blade fury?

just you

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:13 am 

must be my installation so.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
That doesn't give me very much info to guess what the problem is. Sometimes these things just happen 15+ year old game. Try again.

Tried 2 more times and managed to enter on second try. Later moved to north portal and again a crash, error looks like this:
In 1.5 patch same thing would happen with purgatory lvl2 until tiles were changed, maybe tiles are causing the problem here too?

- Small bug with name when entering throne of destruction:

- Telekinesis requires lvl6 but is placed in lvl12 slot and energy shield requires lvl 12 but is placed on lvl6 slot:

- Not sure if it is intended or it slipped through but "to life" attribute of "Spirit forge linked mail" seems kind of low, only 6 at lvl 54

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 am 

I fixed everything except the map crashes. I don't get that problem. Can anyone else confirm you get those crashes?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:38 pm 

Couple more things I noticed/requests:

1) 2 or 3 of the LOS heroes are able to be knocked back, making them pretty much a beefy blood raven. I think it was amazon & paladin.

2) Hall of heroes (where you fight the forum-named enemies and get their ears) crashes the game upon trying to enter. No issues with West/North/East Arimyth.

3) Not sure what some other opinions are of this, but can we potentially have a waypoint in the cow level? Or maybe have the cow portal pieces a 100% guaranteed drop rate?

4) Daybreak grand charm, when cubed with the nightmare and hell glyphs, loses the charm bonuses and just has the aura until you defeat Legion and cube it with the scroll, adding the bonuses back on. Seems odd.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:34 pm 

1. Fixed the LOS heros being knocked back

2. Not sure about this. Did it crash you before in 1.7b? Because I didn't touch these levels.

3. Cow pieces now always drop.

4. Fixed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm 

havent had a look at ancients but with the numbers given from synergies to barbarian combat skills , will they be a bit too beefy or have you got a balance on em?
just a thought tho.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm 

1. Thanks
2. I can't recall but seems like it's been an issue in the past as well, looking at some other topics created about it, and other people mentioning it. Not a huge deal for realm play if it's like the old purgatory 2 where it sometimes would work (pain in the ass on single player where you gotta do the whole thing again). Maybe others can report if they've tried it out to see what's happening. Also not sure the rewards right now are worth the time effort but tough to balance with all of the side stuff, can get out of hand quickly.
3. Thanks
4. Thanks.

Otherwise it looks pretty well polished. Loving the act boss and side boss difficulty in hell (Samhain was quite the battle). Patch looks pretty polished.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 pm 

Ancients seem fine from my testing. They don't scale from barb skills much since heir skill levels are very low and barely increase per difficulty. Others can test them and tell me what they think about them.

Glad you enjoy the patch Al. Hopefully we can get this patch going on the realm soon if the community wants to use it. I don't want to force my edits on anyone.

As far as the new areas go. I didn't make them and I didn't mess with them for 1.8. I never crashed when I was testing them in 1.8. I do remember crashing sometimes in the original Dark Hold map back in 1.5. I think I will leave it for now. I just don't have to time to go through the process of working out what the problems are with those maps. In the future I or someone else can fix them or redo them so they don't cause crashes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm 

Yea not worth spending a ton of time to fix it.

May be time for a community vote to see if people want a new patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 pm 

I just added some synergies between might/blessed aim/concentration/fanata so that they are worth at least 1 pointing on your way to better auras. I did this mainly because there are no skill prerequisites now but it opens up more builds. Might is actually viable now, because it gets IAS and AR from fanat and blessed aim, for example.

I'll upload an update with the latest changes soon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 am 

OK I updated the downloads. You can download either the text files or the MPQ. The text files would be faster to download, but feel free to test the MPQ as well to make sure everything is correct with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:13 pm 

TXT files download updated. Use the txt files for the latest updates.

So, Ive been quite busy polishing this patch. I realized that elemental, poison and magic damage skills were too strong vs trash mobs but balanced vs bosses, especially endgame. While physical damage abilities and melee damage are in a good place. In order to fix it I have all but removed the char level and base level scaling on spells. 99% of spells have gone from a +100% synergy endgame to a +10% synergy endgame. This reduces endgame spell damage by about half of what it was before. Early level spell damage will be about the same as before. This might sound like a lot and it is but all I did was bring them to a balanced level.

Because of this reduction to spell damage I also reduced boss absorbs so you end up doing the same damage to bosses and less damage to trash. Blah blah blah blah. Trust me.

tldr; spells are more balanced now

Life leech was too strong and abundant so I reduced the amount you get from items. Before my melee chars had ~30-40% leech. Now they have ~15%. Now weapons give up to 6%, gloves up to 4%, other slots give up to 2% with some exceptions for special uniques or sets, etc.
Leech is still good but now you need pots too.
Much more balanced.

Elemental damage, besides poison, on items was too strong as well, so I reduced it all by half. More balanced now.

Dol runes life per kill scale with level
Added a little FCR to Tir tunes
2 new Unique items platinum boots and platinum belt

changed the levels on the challenges to norm: 50-65, NM: 66-85, Hell: 86-100.

increased merc life by 50%, they were a bit soft compared to characters.

Test the changes and let me know. I feel good about this patch now. Its ready.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 am 

Updated the download again.

Just some fine tuning on boss/monster hp and res. It will be slightly harder now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:22 pm 

at lvl 18 i fight coldcrow in newest test verison with fissure druid (179 max dmg slvl 7) and the fight takes ridiculously long wtf lol are you sure you adjusted the boss stats properly?

anyway, it doesnt rly matter if there are some problems with this patch, its pretty obvious that pretty much nobody is playing 1.7 on the servers and mxl community has given up on it too to a large extent, so a fresh release is more than welcome

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 pm 

Used latest version 3.0 and energy shield can be leveled up every lvl and telekinesis can be lvled more then other skills on same slot

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm 

as of now there are no immunities which was based on 1.7, i feel like immunities are an integral part of d2, making it harder for some chars to play certain areas and needing to team up, as of now im running around throwing lfury at everything no problem, especially now with no synergies there are so many more options for dual elemental/phys damage. halls of pain is no longer scary :|

i believe it was initially taken out due to lack of players

thoughts?

i vote bring back immunities, just makes the game better

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:04 pm 

The removal of immunities in 1.6 was due to fewer players, and the days of many people running 3-4 mans were gone, so forcing encounters balanced around this was folly. People weren't running dedicated tank+healer+aoe teams anymore.

In 1.6, one of the only things I found worked very well, and no one complained about, was how monsters (particularly bosses) had specific high resists, no monsters had immunities, but gear did not give huge amounts of resist pierce. For example, lightning damage vs reanimated horde monsters in A5 Hell was not effective; you had to try to stack pierce, and it was not very easy to do, unless you had a LR/Conviction partner with you while throwing LFurys at trash packs, then yes, it was pretty easy. However, this strategy was not very good vs bosses, since LFury (and basically all aoe abilities) sucked single target. This philosophy worked well; it was the other bugs and resets that made people hate 1.6. I'm not sure how this compares with what Mraw's patch is like. I haven't tested it because I think he hates me and would not value my feedback anyway.

On another note, without "forced" synergies, I worry that in the new patch, you could simply max a trash farm skill (like LFury) and then max a boss rape skill (like poison javs) and have little challenge in any aspect of the game. It would be difficult to balance like this, but I haven't tested it, and he is a better modder than me, so maybe he has some master plan. I am curious as to his means of juggling the AOE-Trash-Single Target-Bosses paradox, along with how it plays out in solo/duo vs 3-4 man.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 pm 

Cold Crow: She had higher than normal fire res and you are using fissure vs a single target. I reduced the fire res to a normal level. Try using a good boss killing skill for bosses.

TK: fixed. Thanks

Immunities: Ya I feel the same way. The game doesn't feel the same without trash immunities. It is easy to get multiple types of damage with the new system plus mercs. I'll add them back.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 am 

looking good :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 am 

Text file download updated

coldcrow fix
TK fix
Added some immunities to hell, they can be broken by a high level LR/conviction.
Buffed poison skills, they were a bit weak overall.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:11 am 

Smith same thing high fire res? After 15 min not even half i said fuck this shit and skipped it. .

Btw you have respec in final version or you supposed to waste some prereqs skill points early game and then live with it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:30 am 

Smith is spectral hit which means he has 20% extra elemental res. I will remove spectral hit from him so that elemental builds don't suffer so much in act1 norm. I also found that he has a higher hp multiplier than other bosses for whatever reason so I'll reduce it. Good find, thanks for testing.

Anyways, you are using possibly the worst boss killing skill to test killing bosses with, if you are still using fissure.

Respec will be in the final version, but it won't be easy to get. There are almost no prerequisites now..If you want a build based on high level skills then live with that choice and level up with no skills or use items with +skills or get some 1 pt skills to level and respec to get them back later. You get all skills by lvl 30 which is just act2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 am 

will respec be from sorrow again so 90% of players will never get it? i hope it will be different this time

on barbarian my personal opinion is that it was a good choice to make it all-rounder mastery again because it allows you to use whatever nice weapon drops, that seems more natural and fair to the barbarian player, so props for that

btw hammer paladin is pretty pathetic starter, 20 base mana, 4 mana hammer cant even kill 1 zombie from full mana orb so its 1.7 again with low mana bulb mana pot spam and then paladin gains 2.5 mana per lvl up and hammer lvl 2 costs 4.5 mana (hammer3=5mana). to be fair to lvl up first few lvls is not horrible with boss pack and mana pots (literally a minute) but it wouldnt hurt to give some more mana for starting out for the sake of having decent mana value with no energy investment, about 30 which is just 10 more mana than it is now would mean a lot

/e: spoke too soon lol bow amazon with the (fire, other early dont look strong either, but didnt test them because theri added damage is lower) arrows is worse. 20 mana base, 3 mana per arrow, takes some chugging of mana early but thats fine since the cost doesnt increase drastically like hammer however. it would be good if the damage was better. there seems to be some tiny aoe but it doesnt compare well with blessed hammer area coverage. it does get extra missiles but that takes time, especially considering that you can put 1 skill point per 2 levels only, so it would be good to increase the damage dealt from lvl 1 drastically to make the first few levelups more smooth.
same for teeth, same for psychic hammer, same for any skill that does less than 40 damage at lvl 1, same for any skill that cant kill 1 zombie in blood moor from full standard mana orb

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 am 

@voidmxl
the mana issues are not a problem untill late game and theres so much regen and mana after kill options, shouldnt be an issue, getting lvl 1x for tir runes or some sapphires in gear would do wonders imho.

and the respec thingy is supposed to be tough. otherwise just rebuild your char. shouldnt be ezpk to have a char that can do anything in any setting, thats just my view on it, ofcourse it can save some time but some stuff shouldnt just be handed over.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 am 

I agree with kannli. For me, respec should only be available once per char and at the end of the game. Or it should be easily available but come with a permanent penalty, like losing 2 skill points and 15 stat points every time you use a potion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am 

what would you say with regard to damage of some lvl 1 skills such as psychic hammer 26-31? as a soulution to teeth damage, its possible to shop a wand and that adds enough damage, but with psychic hammer im not sure.

for mana cost kannli thats a fair point, i can see how sapphires can help it. i leveled a fresh char to lvl 10 like that and it was fine. but since that is the case i suggest to remove lvl req on leather armor, skull cap etc. i was already confused last patch when half vendor inventory was red from lvl req on 2 handed axe. really if there is a benefit in having that low lvl req lmk because i see it cause some problems as well, such as not being able to shop a socketed item as easily with a freshly started char. same goes for sorceress staves, makes it harder to gamble a staff quick that you can use instantly

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 am 

Will some of you guys please play past blood moore before you start asking for changes? Keep playing and youll see mana evens out, keep playing and youll ses you can get to level 18 without wasting many skilll points, its your choice you want to use a higher level skill, so live with it. Im just hearing worries about everything pre act2 normal. Try testing a char in a2 hell and see how that is, act1 norm is not something to bitch about lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am 

^ you might not like my criticism, but you cant silence me. this time i will say everything before the patch is out, so i wont have any regrets, thank you

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:04 am 

I can reduce the req on skull cap/leather armor, but not any weapons. That's a fair criticism and something that I didn't really think about. But now that I think about it it is strange being level 1 and 90% of the items you see you cant use. Haha.

Mana isn't really an issue. I've made sure of that. If you have mana problems at level 1 then go punch a few quill rats to death and level up and you will get more mana and money for chipped sapphires, etc.

As far as bloodmoor being too tedious. I just tested it and it is by no means difficult, I leveled up quickly on /Players 8. However, the monsters do have 50% more hp from the latest balance changes across the board. This has caused bloodmoor to be a bit more tedious. So i can reduce bloodmoor monsters hp back down to what it was before to give new chars the same fast start as before.

I agree with Kannli and Al, respec is fine as it is now. You can get one full respec from Sorrow Lord and you can kill the hall of heros in normal for a stat respec and kill them in NM for a skill respec.

Anything else? :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:07 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:

Anything else? :)

Get the patch on the realm.

And get us notice of reset date ahead of time so i can take a week off!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:21 am 

yea a slight nerf to monster hp in bloodmoor that sounds reasonable, thank you for that.
it sure is nice to have a quick start

idk but smashing a jug in the halls of the juggernaut can spawn an astral blade, which is surprisingly tanky. i spawned 2 at the entrance so it wasnt disruptive.
i suppose it can be a trap for the fight when players hit a jug on accident lol, but if its not intentional then there you go

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:24 am 

Text file download updated again!!

I also just reduced the lvl req of low level magic affixes that were below level 6 to level 1. So all that red gear at charsi won't be red for your noob chars anymore. Looks much nicer I must say. It was something minor that was overlooked but it looks much nicer now. Good idea.

I'll leave the blade as it is. Sounds fun. Beware of the jugs! They don't call it Hall of the JUGgernaut for nothing. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:24 am 

Edit: Ops didnt mean to double post....anyways:

muleofal wrote:
Get the patch on the realm.

And get us notice of reset date ahead of time so i can take a week off!

I'm workin' on it!

I'd like some more time testing to find anything else worth changing. Then I will create the MPQ and people can test that and see if everything is good. if the MPQ is good then we can send all the stuff to Duffbeer. After that it is in Duff's hands.

One thing about the final version of the patch is that I forgot to change the item stat costs of "enhanced damage %" which means the current max ed% is still 511 when it should be 255. This isnt a big deal right now but it needs to be fixed since now you can sometimes spawn rares with 280%+ ed, which this patch isn't balanced for. I didn't change it yet since it would cause item data errors for all old chars and I didn't want to disrupt people testing. not really a big deal, just want everyone to know ahead of time. When the final patch rolls out you won't be able to use your old test chars.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am 

what is max res? on my stat screen it shows 66 max, for merc it shows 75, but i remember it looked like this in 1.7 patch also and it was incorrect. something is buggy, not sure what it is, and it probably has nothing to do with the mpq and txt files

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am 

Its 50 for merc and player, maybe thats why youve had mana issues :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm 

it would be good for akara to sell some belts with her pots

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:25 pm 

cant edit sadly, but: and while were at it, boots as well because frw is always sought after

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:04 pm 

I kinda feel like the Unique / set drop chance is much higher then 1.6 or 1.5, not sure but it feels like since the 1.2 version it was gradualy improved?

Personaly I always liked how classic d2 handled it. HU since I remember had a improved chance for Unique/Set chance rolls, which was always about right, the chance felt about right for the size of our community.

I believe the roll chance for them was improved in 1.7, ( I could be wrong tho ) Personaly I always prefered to hunt for items, it made them more valuable once you finaly got a item that you have been looking for.

One of good changes in 1.7, was the improved drop chance for runes. Which was nicely done, and everyone appricieated it on realm, from what I remember.

Although I think Uniques/Sets should be harder to get.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm 

"I increased the nodrop chance on all "junk" items. I also removed stamina/thawing potions from the drop tables. I removed gold drops completely from non-champion and non boss monsters, this includes chests"

I've noticed that too and wonder how that has effected drop rates, more items = more uniques

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:36 pm 

Charsi isn't good enough for you? #CharsiLivesMatter

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
"I increased the nodrop chance on all "junk" items. I also removed stamina/thawing potions from the drop tables. I removed gold drops completely from non-champion and non boss monsters, this includes chests"

I've noticed that too and wonder how that has effected drop rates, more items = more uniques

You got a point there, the way I see it:

This is how I always thought it works lol :roll:

The system uses a drop table that is unique according to, Act;field,level and rolls what type of white base item, if any its going to drop.

Then it rolls again (kinda like a crit roll) if the item is going to be a higher rarity type, rolls magic, rare, unique, set.

so considering the Junk type of items drop less often, would the system drop more white base items?

If in fact that's the case, then that would mean overal icrease in high rarity drops.

idk how much HU drop system differs from classic tho lol.

:roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 pm 

ao2005 wrote:

No, the drops don't work that way unless you make it that way. The way I changed it doesn't cause more of other items to drop.

I didn't change any unique or set drop chances from other versions of HU.

You guys are crazy, its the only explanation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 pm 

Updated download again.

Reduced the base mana cost of level 1 skills
Adjusted some boss HP
Adjusted assassin charge up skills since I forgot to do them before when I changed skill damage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:18 am 

People said drops were more common in 1.6 too but it was never changed from 1.5 for drops or gambling.

RNG leads to panic theories. You might get a unique on the first quill rat, or never see one for 1-2+ hours.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:15 am 

Tooltip for Defiance is a bit wonky. Says +1% DR from zeal/sac but seems to be 1/4, same as smite/charge.

I assume Vengeance is a synergy for itself to prevent it from being an effective 1 point aoe farm skill. Well memed.

Some of the skills do not scale very well. Like War Cry does 3375 damage at lvl 39.

Taunt is REALLY good since it scales indefinitely with no falloff. 50% phys resist debuff @lvl 25 is bananas.

Amp+IM+iron golem+golem mastery is massive buttrape damage, may need to double check that.

Just my 2c.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am 

Ok so since this is a 1.7 Edit patch then, is the Rune drop chance improved as it was in 1.7?

Becaouse as far as I remember I was talking with Brevan, and he clearly said the chance for high-end runes was indeed increased, in 1.7.

Ive no idea was there any other drop related changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:06 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Taunt is REALLY good since it scales indefinitely with no falloff. 50% phys resist debuff @lvl 25 is bananas.

doesnt work on unique enemies though

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:13 am 

Updated download again.

Defiance looks good for me. Using old files?

Buffed WC

Taunt only works on normal monsters, but i reduced it by half anyways.

reduced thorns on skills by half.

Rune drops are the same as 1.7

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:38 am 

it would be good if some veterans who test could make some 10min gameplay videos to put on youtube. maybe you could show your frenzy barb mrawskrad? im sure we can learn a lot from that gameplay

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 pm 

Defiance does look good now, don't know how mine was wrong. I had the data with -direct/txt on.

It all looks pretty good, but IMO:

-The damage Might gains for itself could be raised a bit, if the goal is to make it viable end-game. The synergies don't quite add enough since it barely does more damage than Fanaticism on its own, at the cost of significant IAS+AR. The 4% CB is nice, but not sure if that's enough, unless there's almost no gear in the game with CB. I haven't done much PVE, just Hero Editor skilling. Anyway, perhaps 10%/lvl instead of 8%/lvl damage?

-The +1 life/lvl on Prayer is very strange. Perhaps make this +5 or +6?

-FOH damage sucks, 2188 @lvl 40 D:

-WC dmg still shows the same? I downloaded the new data folder, taunt shows it's nerfed though.

-Shadow warrior/master HP is very low. 1455 @lvl 30

-Fade is kind of bad; 7% DR @lvl 31 is okay, but that's a steep investment; the curse/plr/res are pretty low, even with max WB.

-Maybe increase radius of Mind Blast by 1 or 2, since the damage is super bad, I assume its only purpose is aoe stun+conversion

-Cloak of shadows does not work after first cast because you set the cloak duration to 0. It doesn't let you cast. Best to set the aura length to 15. If you make it less, then the black flash hurts your eyes, but longer, and the darkness is annoying. 15 frames is a good set time.

-Cobra Strike poison nova could be reduced from 8s to 5 or 6s to be more viable. Perhaps the radius and velocity could be improved too, it's pretty derpy.

-Rabies damage/duration could use a slight buff. 8s is just a really long time.

-Shockwave #missles+range could be increased, or just increase the damage

-Grizzly could use a damage buff. 2697 @lvl 30. MAKE GRIZZLY GREAT AGAIN.

-SoB thorns does almost nothing for some reason. It says 735% dmg@lvl 32 but monsters take <5% damage. o.O

-Thunderstorm is uber strong. I mean epic afk buttrape strong.

-Firewall, Blaze, and Meteor durations can give a lot of stacked damage. 15.2 seconds of meteor @lvl 30, 20.6 seconds of Blaze. Firewall has 4 stacks I guess, which might be too good, not sure. Maybe make Firewall last longer but have a longer recast too? 15 seconds with a 4 second recast?

-Blizzard kind of sucks in damage and duration.

-Enchant damage could use a boost, 559 dmg @lvl 30

-Valkyrie could use a base damage buff. It takes 3 hits for a lvl 25 Valkyrie to kill a random named in the Black Marsh of normal and it has equipment level 75.

-Maybe give Fend DR% for hard points or something to make a phys spear zon actually attractive.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 pm 

If you want to test endgame skill damage then use around level 45 skills. Super endgame would be around 55, I believe. I read the rest and I'll do some adjustments later. Busy right now, though. Thanks for feedback. It helpsreduces.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:38 pm 

Well it looks like all the skill growths beyond lvl 30 are pretty relative (unless there are bugs where some skills double over again), so my observations still stand. The only thing I'm unsure of is how much %dmg and pierce for spells can be reasonably obtained for each class, such as why the poison nova on Cobra Strike is not good.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 am 

Tier 5 damage starts at slvl 29. So at slvl 30 you only have 1 level of tier 5 growth. Actually test with appropriately geared characters before jumping to conclusions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:19 am 

I use hack charms and bogus weapons to simulate the 'geared' experience. Also I checked skills at lvl 40 originally (as my mention of FOH damage being bad says) as a basis, so I was close to begin with :P

I never knew t5 specifically starts at lvl 29. The more you know.

The only serious concerns I suppose are cloak of shadows, spirit of barbs, sorc burn damages, and thunderstorm. The rest was just my 2c of feedback for balance to do with as you please. Hopefully it gets up and running soon.

Last edited by Ensley03 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:32 am 

barb find potion can find hp pots that dont stack with what is already in the belt. might not be possible to fix it if the mechanic is hardcoded but oh well

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 am 

Updating with the changes and seeing that wolf/bear can't cast any elemental skills anymore :( :( :( :(

Maybe this is too late to be asking for, but something I think would be cool is to see warcry become used again. Currently in it's state, it has two major problems:
1) the range is real small.
2) the mana costs are pretty high for a barb.

Easy solution would be to pump up its radius some and cut the mana cost in half.

A potential idea would be to change the mechanic, although I'm not creative enough to think of something cool.

In any case, I think if warcry were made somewhat useful again, it would give the barb a little more variety and also have a nice little side effect of reducing the number of bo barbs created, since we may actually see warcry barbs in parties.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am 

could buff the intial success % of find potion to 35, after all item find barb will max it regardless and maybe some people who dont use this skill will see how helpful it is for many situations with corpses (coldworm, summoner, etc)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:15 pm 

i also noticed that when fighting a boss that has the regen overlay, when you die or use the book to go to town and then return to that location and hit the boss quickly, either does the boss not fully reover, or does not recover at all, this is kinda cheesy and im not sure why that is, my gear has ow and psn dmg and its a melee fighter.

btw i have a question, what is the "expected gear" and lvl as a frenzy barb for duriel and his guardian? im curious to know what is expected and what i ended up with

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:34 pm 

It has always been that way. It takes a while for the boss to regen. If you end up fighting a boss near a portal shrine or something like that, then yes it is possible to TP, shift click a pot belt, run back in, and hit the boss - but that is a fairly rare thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm 

in the case of duriel room its extremely easy to get a hit in fast but ok, i have known about this from earlier versions as well.

something else quite shocking if its unintentional (and i hope it is), i tried to shop a scepter with blessed hammer from akara for a long time and it didnt pop up even once, same goes for smite. idk if it has anything to do with the skills being moved around but for blessed hammer pally he should definitely be able to get a scepter with blessed hammer

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:46 pm 

It says scepters can spawn with staff mods in the file for pal, which means any of the normal allowed skill bonuses can appear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:32 am 

what are you saying? that it can spawn? i dare you to do the test for yourself then.
probably hammer and smite cant even appear as a staffmod anymore at all. pls look into it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:34 am 

AFAIK, the default staffmods are hardcoded to either be on or off, but more can be added through automagic. As long as it says "pal" in "scepter", then all of those skills should be available. Either he changed something beyond my understanding, or you are just unlucky.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:52 am 

well smite might still drop from monsters or using the downgrade recipe but not be shoppable at the vendor (at least not akara), but blessed hammer definitely should be shoppable. and frankly i did a lot of runs so the chance of it being coincidence is nearly zero.

and btw do you think its good that high lvl staffmods are not shoppable? to me it seems like it would be a positive addition to the game since you can shop a decent base without having to wait for a long time or having to use the downgrade recipe to downgrade a lot of blue scepters, or getting it by chance on some other char and then mule it, but perhaps you can say something negative about it

/e: apparently you can gamble from jerhyn up to lvl 18 skills easily (saw vengeance), not sure about blessed hammer and smite still

jerhyn is selling blessed hammer relatively often actually, but akara i didnt find it even once so idk what is going on, perhaps vendoring from jerhyn changes the conditions for the items so that it can spawn blessed hammer

was able to shop normal +3 blessed hammer scepter from jerhyn but from akara zero scepters with blessed hammer and from both zero scepters with smite.

from what it looks like is that akara has a lower "item lvl quality" than jerhyn so she sells items with staffmods from 1-12, jerhyn from 1-18.
BUT strangely enough akara does not sell blessed hammer, jerhyn does. and even stranger, the only lvl 18 skill that akara sells as a staffmod is static field. coincidentally those are exactly the skills that have been moved around on the skill trees

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 am 

Download updated

Foh dmg buffed
WC dmg buffed and reduced manacost
buffed shadow hp slightly
buffed fade slightly
mindblast dmg and aoe buffed/reduced convert chance to 1%. Useful when it procs but it wont convert everything and be annoying.
COS doesnt work the way you think. The timer is equal to the duration. So, I moved the def buff to claw mastery and reduced the duration of COS to 10 secs. You have to cast it more often for the debuff but its only on a 10 sec timer this way.
Cobra dmg buffed slightly
Shockwave dmg and # of missiles buffed
Fixed SOB thorns
Blizzard dmg buffed
enchant dmg buffed

about paladin scepters: welcome to RNG loot
Being able to shop godmode base items would trivialize the game even further. It was never a problem before and I made it even easier with 1.5 when I introduced the blue to white recipe. No one QQed about this in the history of HU and I'm not changing it.

It's easy and helpful to hack some test chars but that often gives you a narrow view of how something actually is in a legit play through. I'm sure somethings will be "OP" compared to other things. That's always the case. I think making balance changes based on hacked test chars and not actual gameplay is shortsighted. It would be nice if more people had time/desire to test the patch in a legit playthrough but that's never gonna happen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 pm 

not sure if we are talking about same thing, there are 2 things im mainly saying in previous post. the first thing is the question wheather lvl 24-30 skills should be shoppable on white items, that you replied to. however it does not address the vendor issue (static field only lvl 18 skill sold by akara, others lvl 12 max, akara sells no hammer. jerhyn sells hammer but no smite. all those skills have been moved around so there might be an issue with it. if you think this is rng then i invite you to post a screenshot disproving my point)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm 

It would be nice if there was more extensive testing, but playing 7 different characters with 10+ builds each would take dozens of people actively playing, AND hoping they actually understand the game and give relevant feedback. You'd also at least need an actively hosted test server that can be given updates on a daily basis.

Even my "simulation" is very time-consuming. i swap out charms with skills/damage based on the area I'm in; I usually have all skills maxed and do a cata-andy run, then a tomb run, a travincal run, a river of flame run, and a worldstone run, while testing various skill/build combinations along the way. Doing this took me about 5 hours for all 7 characters a few days ago. Unfortunately even this can cause you to miss things (like how I fucked up Grizzly) because, as you implied, I didn't play the entire game with every specific build.

All we can do is accept that most people don't want to test anything, they'll just wait for it to go live, and then if they find something they don't like, they'll never hesitate to complain. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:20 pm 

ive been trying to recruit the mxl community to test, but not much luck :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm 

P.S.

-Vengeance is messed up now. level 40 Vengeance with a 36-84 weapon (2060-4808 Vengeance dmg) does almost no damage to monsters in cold plains of normal on the nova. The hit kills the main target, but the nova does almost nothing.

-Blessed Hammer might be too strong because the Might synergy that ups Concentration directly ups BH. Level 44 BH/Might/Conc is 6506 damage. I'm not sure how to address this - perhaps just slightly reduce the coefficient of Conc to BH rather than nerfing the Might synergy to Conc.

-Howl and Battle Command could be made to have more purpose than 1 point. Maybe make BC add 1% magic pierce per 2 hard points and 6 soft points? How about removing Taunt, and make Howl also do what Taunt does on a lesser scale since it's aoe. Such as enemy flees for 5 sec for X yards, and also -1% defense and phys resist per 2 levels. Just an idea.

-Grim Ward could also use a change, since it's hard to invision someone ever putting 20 points into this. What about also making it a totem turret that also shoots a small bone projectile (just use the Fetish pea-shooter missile, or those gargoyle ninja star traps?) at a nearby target, causing damage and lowering their attack speed in addition to the movement speed debuff. Limit the number of totems to 1 at a time. Make the damage largely based on hard points so it isn't a 1 point wonder of extra free damage. Perhaps add additional missiles based on hard points. Again, just an idea. :D

-I'm a little worried that the Necro poison skills are too good without requiring synergies. The old "forced" 60 point build of it, along with 20 in LR, limited your sub-spec by a lot. Also, Confuse is really strong, perhaps by accident. It says it may not be overridden by another curse, but it definitely can be, and the radius+duration is insane. In fact, you can use confuse + IM and go afk while the entire screen of mobs kills each other. This is exacerbated by using Attract to force their targets first, and Attract only requires 1 point. As you can imagine, this with golems and poison nova(that requires no synergies) to finish them off is quite insane. This could be fixed by making confuse have a VERY low radius and duration, and having it raise very slowly through hard and soft points. Something like a 2 second duration and a 1 yard radius, and it goes up 0.5 seconds and 0.5 yards per level. And/Or give it a cooldown or a very high mana cost? Or, just make it so confuse doesn't stack. Come up with something. :P

Also, the unbreakable immunities is a little silly IMO. lvl 48 LR - 34% - can't crack a garbage boss in A1 Hell. In fact, that lvl 48 LR can't even crack Rakanishu's lightning immunity in normal :lol: Seems to defeat the purpose of LR/Conviction o.O

Perhaps more to come as I continue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:08 pm 

if you nerf hammer pls dont make it irrelevant i want to use it next patch ty.

btw i use most barbarian skills like taunt and sometimes grim ward. they are quite useful imo, grim ward could be a 1pter too and find potion as well lol, but they are definitely useful

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm 

Venge is working as it has for years. You must be doing something wrong or confused on how it actually works. The Nova doesn't benefit from the ED% from venge itself.

Hammer might be OP, but its not broken. It's also cancer to use, so it should be stronger than average.

-Barb warcrys...maybe but I won't right now. Trying to get this finished. Barb is fine and fun and strong now. He doesn't need it. Less is more. At a certain point you are just added shit just to add shit.

-Nercro poison. maybe its too strong maybe not. we will see. If someone wants to wait for IM+confuse then go for it. I already cleared the map with X skill while you are waiting for quillrats to kill eachother.

-unique mobs can get unbreakable immunities with the unique mods they get. It's fine....stop QQing. Jesus Christ.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm 

Please go test the nova before you insult me. I'm using a 539-732 Phase Blade with 255 str, and lvl 48 Vengeance with lvl 48 conviction and concentration. That's 2563 normal attack white damage (5862 with conc) and the nova cannot kill monsters in act 2 of normal.

This is my weapon, stats, and the damage the nova does to a Fallen in A1 Hell.

http://imgur.com/a/SnTEB

The single target damage is great, everything dies in 1 hit, but the nova is butt worthless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

I've been playing a melee paladin the last week legit. Venge is fine. I even tested venge with a white crystal sword before my last post and I was killing a2 normal mobs just fine. It's been fine on my entire journey from lvl 1 to lvl 78. You must have different expectations or you are doing something wrong. I have no idea. Its fine for me nothing about it has changed since 1.5. No one else has had problems with it.

I didn't even insult you. You are QQing about immune random unique mobs. The game is meant to be hard. You can use a merc/different skill to kill some trash ass random unique monster. Simple as that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am 

in hell you should try using conviction and ele pierce in gear then vengeance should work just fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:41 am 

how would you finish act 1 with a bone necro? i ask because to me bone spear seems like the way but its dmg is about 160, next lvl 180 and going to trist it takes about 2:40 to kill griswold hitting with bone spear repeatedly nearly the entire time, thats longer than it may sound like.
and looking at docs, he shows as 630 hp.
andy 27k hp, about 30x gris according to docs, which would take arround 90 minutes with this setup, then assuming that i buff my dmg and hit nonstop it would still be maybe 1 hour accourding to those numbers.
what am i missing here?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:34 am 

In the BossStats file he included I see Griswold has 1510 HP, 0% Magic resist and 17% Magic Absorb. Your Bone Spear (at the 160 you indicated) should hit him for ~133 damage and kill him in 11 casts.

Andariel has 29760 HP, 0% Magic resist, and 17% Magic Absorb, requiring 223 casts of that same level Bone Spear.

If I had to guess what you were missing with Griswold, I would say, cheekily, your bone spears? :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am 

lol no, i just forgot to extract the new files from the zip :oops:
looks like it wont be sleep mode anymore then, thats good. gonna test gris soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:37 am 

http://i.imgur.com/O9slSCH.jpg
well... this is 50 bone spears at 157-181 magic dmg each. looks like overall it will take something like 250 bone spears

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

that xp boost in blood moor could be reduced again. not to base but the increase amount could be 40% of what it is now, because atm its an xp fest and trivializes the xp in den of evil and blood moor

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:12 pm 

I don't mind the xp boost because it drops off a cliff at level 7.

BTW Mraw - have you made certain that the music will function properly on realm; no broken boss loops?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm 

well at p8 i was still getting really good xp at lvl 10 which seemed very much comparable to cold plains, except the enemies are much easier, but if everyone else doesnt mind the imbalance early game then i wont disagree because its just the first 12 lvls or so and those can be a drag. its just that it feels like a downgrade to go into den of evil or cold plains lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm 

Some general info that might be handy while testing:
  • Here's a quick reference about staffmods. They're not the same as automods (some sites might confuse these but the files are pretty clear on the difference). I'd recommend searching for more information if you'd like to know more about HShield or Smite since those are both special case staffmods in D2 with hardcoded behavior. Despite the level changes of skills, they will belong to the same tiers as always since those are determined by their placement in the skills.txt file.
  • The BossStats webpage doesn't multiply monster HP when they spawn with mods (e.g. ManaBurn), so Gris' HP will be larger than in the webpage, and also the webpage maker doesn't consider d2mod.ini, which icreases monster HP more than in v1.7. I'm not sure, but I think a 10x multiplier for a SuperUnique's listed HP isn't too far off the mark.
  • Griswold is ManaBurn, which still adds 20% magic resist just like it always has. Consider using a merc that you can keep safe by distracting the boss with something like a summon, at least until you get BoneSpirit.
  • XP in D2 is reduced when you are more than 5 levels above the monster. It's a pretty fast drop, so if you need more XP for the next level while monsters are giving you less, then yeah you'll feel it like a wall. Fallen are level 1, I'd expect the SpearMaidens in CPlains to be level 2-3, so after char level 7 you won't be gaining much XP in those low areas. This is normal for any version of D2.
  • Music is handled client-side, so if you are seeing issues on the realm, then it's worthwhile to first look into your installation. The realm uses the normal resolution (800x600) no music version of patch_d2.mpq.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm 

I was thinking about some skills that became redundand without the synergies that will most certainly not see any play and what possibly can be done to change that

Sorc lvl 1 skills:
Firebolt - This skill dmg is meh and obviously compared to rest fire line just 0% of it being used...

I suggest swaping with the OLD FLAMEWAVE :D:D:D ( Im not giving up on it he )

Coldbolt
Not sure what to do with this one? mby someone has some suggestions.

to add to the argument compare them skills to chargedbolt, which has amazing mechanic and can dish out syrious single and multi target damage.

Barbarian standard leap? No idea. compleatly useless skill.
Edit: Make it synergise with the Atack Leap? by adding some leap mechanic?
stun, freeze, aura, curse, something like that. Perhaps there is a window here to make some interesting Leap build?Aoe Knockback?

Leap Attack into aoe something and than WW stuff xD

Everyone loves to leap attack right. Its awesome.

now...there was one more skill I alwayes wished to have been slightly modified, I never dared to ask :D, but what the hell!!

Firestorm is a good skill and in its current state seems to be in "ok" spot. But how about make it rly awesome? Perhaps make it scale in lenght with levels?

Im not talkin here Diablo style firestorm xD, more like +30% 50%? 50 might be overdoing it :P.

Some of my thoughts I wanted to throw out there.

GG WP its gona be a nice patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:28 pm 

Firebolt and Icebolt do good damage for boss fights and will incur fewer boss counters than other spells.

Offline Profile