Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

Post subject: cant identify version, skills displaced
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 pm 

hi my friend cant log onto realm with hu 1.7, it says his verison cant be identifed. and when he makes a char on sp his skills on the skill tree are in the wrong location. he is using hi res download and i watched him install it and it looks like he did it correctly with d2se (which he is running other mods on as well), so its strange that he is having that problem and no idea what to do about it

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: cant identify version, skills displaced
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:17 pm 

If he's already running other mods with D2SE, then it's certainly harder to figure out what's going wrong. For a start, maybe just quickly try installing the mod again (shouldn't take more than a minute), to see if something changes:
  1. Make a new folder in the Mods folder.
  2. In that new folder, extract the Core Files as well as the version of choice (you should end up with about 30 files).
  3. Maybe double check that the Configure Glide settings are correct for him (I believe 1024x768 is the only working option for HighRes, but I don't have much experience with it). I think you must use Glide if you're running HighRes.
  4. If he's running with the Jan15th update (important for HighRes Maggot Tunnels among a few other things), then check that the -direct -txt checkboxes in D2SE are checked, and that he's placed that Data folder into the Huv1.7 folder.
  5. Since he's running into a version conflict joining the realm, maybe double check that he's logging into Arimyth Gateway, and that on the D2SE menu he selected "Start Plugin" or double-clicked the HU banner in the list.

If you figure out the problem, feel free to report back with the solution :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:40 pm 

well according to that he did everything correctly.
he got core files, hi res with music, mini update. all extracted from fresh download and put into correct spot in d2se. hu reg file was run. d2se_setup.ini has the correct realm and the title screen shows like it should.
but then he cant connect to realm.

and whats even stranger is that when he makes a char on sp, that that char has the skill tree in the wrong spot, so there is some error with the setup itself. it probably has nothing to do with glide since he also tried different options like direct draw (which im using as well btw) and the boxes for direct txt are checked as well.

so idk, the weirdest thing is that he did everything right but even on sp it doesnt work properly, thats the most striking thing about it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:30 pm 

In the Data folder, go to:
Data/Global/Excel/
and remove the skilldesc.txt file (rename it, move it somewhere else, etc).

If that fixes the issue, let me know, otherwise replace that file.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm 

It does fix the skill overlay in sp, but I still cant connect to the realm sadly... :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:53 pm 

It sounds like the skill tab positioning was related to a mistake on my part is which now corrected, but shouldn't be related to problems connecting to the realm.

Unfortunately I don't recall this particular issue in the past, so I have to consider stuff you've probably already tried:
  1. It's been mentioned you've got other mods, are you sure you're starting HUv1.7 instead of another HU version? The v1.7 banner picture has my forum icon (blueish tree) on it (I don't know what the normal HU banner icon was).
  2. Are the other mods you've got installed able to connect to their realms? If not, then we might explore Firewall or non-game issues.
  3. Are you able to connect to the realm via Open Battle.net? That shouldn't care about your version.
  4. In SPlayer, do the bows sold only at Akara require 10 Str in addition to their Dex requirement? That was the most recent change in Huv1.7, so would confirm that you're using HUv1.7a.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 am 

we fixed it

the problem was that even after running the reg file and using d2se with proper parameters, it would still try to connect to another server (able to see that in log file) so what worked was putting it manually with a gateway editor

Offline Profile