Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

Post subject: Immunity cheat? (D2 HU 1.3b)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 am 

Okay guys, me and my fellow are stucked again, this time is against Darkness Well of souls the final Baal mini boss who is magic immune in Hell difficulty. Since my hammerdin and my fellow's bonemancer are both magic caster so we're completely fucked by him. We have come a long way to reach to this point and that'd be a huge disappointment if we didnt get to finish this game. If anybody knows a way to skip boss or bypass immunity by any mean necessary like cheating or stuff like that please let us know,we'd much appreciate.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Immunity cheat? (D2 HU 1.3b)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:02 am 

Immunities. I NEVER liked them and never agreed with them. There should simply be resists, scaling from 0 to 99%.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:38 am 

And 1.6 indeed did not have immunities. They were removed for a reason, and as I remember basically everybody liked that change. Looks like Brevan didn't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 am 

For me there are 4 main features of Diablo 2 vanilla that shouldnt exist in ANY mod.

1)spammable healing potions.
2)charms filling your inventory.
3)immunities.
4)skill prerequirements.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 pm 

You could use godmode and smite him with cb until he dies.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:24 pm 

Angel wrote:

Stopped playing this patch after I saw half a dozen people openly using god mode in public games.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:30 pm 

Juvs do that, but I would bet it was prayer merc. Prayer merc might as well be god mode.

I saw heal pot godmode in 1.6 frequently.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:38 am 

Angel wrote:

godmode sounds quite a plan but how can you do that? and after i slay him with godmode can i deactivate so i can keep playing normally?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:40 am 

Firstly, if you're going to stick with your duo partner all the way, you shouldn't both deal the same type of damage (even though there aren't many magic immunes). Any time a sub boss spawns with Mana Burn they gain 40ish magic resists, and there's another mod that also gives them magic resists, I forget which. You may have just got unlucky mods on him. Have you went to try again and see if he's always magic immune? If you have no alternate characters, static oskill and mercs will be your best bet. If one of you curse catch, and the necro life taps him, a melee merc should be able to take him down.

Secondly, if dealing damage is the problem, why would you consider godmode? That's not going to help you kill him. It makes me cringe that you guys are just casually tossing that idea around. Man up!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 pm 

What people do in single player hardly makes any difference. And while it was folly to make two magic damage dealing characters, oh well.

Truthfully an a3 cold merc, lr, and spamming of prison might do it. There are boots with oskill prison, so you could both spam high level prison and lock it in place decently well. I will tell you that darkness has no inherent immunities.

He does have 99% magic resist, so mana burns 20% will make him immune however. 99% can be negated by pierce pretty well in 1.3. None of the other bosses can get mi so it's just a matter of grinding the encounter.

Offline Profile