Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

Post subject: Hell Unleashed Remastered (1.8)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 pm 

This thread will be used to provide information and updates on the progress of Hell Unleashed 1.8. It will provide users to share their thoughts, ideas and suggestions for Hell Unleashed 1.8

I am currently looking for help editing the mod and doing testing/balancing.

Goals:
1. Preservation. Preserve the classic look and feel of Hell Unleashed as well as their character skills and items.
2. Balance Characters. Identify over powered characters and under powered builds and balance them.
3. Balance Items. Update crafted and rare items to be relevant end game. Tweak mods on unqiue items.
4. Website. Update main website to include information about game, download links, and more.
5. Social Media. Promote game through social media to generate interest from new players.

Characters:
Patch 1.8 will re-balance characters to play towards their specific strengths and weaknesses. Recent patches have made characters more having similar life, defense, and damage. Patch 1.8 will conserve the intended purpose of the character.

Life:
Amazon - 5/10
Assassin - 8/10
Barbarian - 9/10
Druid - 10/10
Necromancer - 6/10
Paladin - 7/10
Sorceress - 5/10

Damage:
Amazon - 9/10
Assassin - 7/10
Barbarian - 7/10
Druid - 8/10
Necromancer - 8/10
Paladin - 7/10
Sorceress - 10/10

Defense:
Amazon - 7/10
Assassin - 8/10
Barbarian - 10/10
Druid - 6/10
Necromancer - 6/10
Paladin - 9/10
Sorceress - 6/10

Patch 1.8 will look to improve the skills and gear available to make several builds that are less commonly used more viable end game. The goal is to not have a realm full of poison Necromancers and bow Amazons.

Endgame builds
Amazon - Poison Javelins, Lightning Javelins, Physical Javelins, Fire Bow, Ice Bow, Physical Bow
Assassin - Fire Traps, Lightning Traps, Mind, Martial Arts, Whirlwind, Venom
Barbarian - Whirlwind, Concentrate, Berserk, Warcry, Wolfbarb, Frenzy, Double Throw
Druid - Summon, Fury, Maul, Rabies, Wind Elemental, Fire Elemental, Rabies, Fireclaw/Frostbite
Necromancer - Poison, Bone, Summon
Paladin - Zeal, Smite, Hammer, Fist of Heaven, Vengeance, Healer
Sorceress - Fireball, Meteor, Hydra, Blizzard, Frozen Orb, Frost Nova, Lightning, Nova

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hell Unleashed Remastered (1.8)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 pm 

Todo list:
- Remove Rejuv potions.
- Jah rune needs to be orange.
- Change nightmare/hell resistance penalties.
- Druid oak sage, heart of wolverine and spirit of barbs invulnerable.
- Add unique arrows/bolts.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Last edited by Cory on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:44 pm 

As for some suggestions on end game builds:
Sorc: Fireball should be combined with meteor as a build. Hydra should probably shoot fireballs, balance around that. The nova spells have always been awkward because of their range and lower damage spectrum, so they need to do a considerable amount of more damage than in the past or have more range.

Paladin: Smite has never really been a decent build, just remove it. Healer has always been an incredibly boring build to play, and overpowered in a sense that holy bolt had way too much power. The pulse healing was always a solid boon to a team, but bolt trivialized too much content. I suggest nerfing it's healing values or all-together removing them, while giving them some sort of active ability to contribute. Hammerdins, for example, could scale off prayer instead of conc.

Assassin: Mind should have a larger aoe and no mind control on it's mind blast skill. Venom was never really viable, and I don't see how you would make it outside of it being a heavy synergy investment that functions much like a poison zon would in smack an enemy and move away waiting for it to tick.

Barb: Whirlwind has always struggled with lack of application of amp. Zerk has always been lackluster in how it functions, it seems much more appropriate to be an offskill for every build to deal with phys immunes.

Druids: I think it's a gigantic mistake for spirits to lack invulnerability. They die extremely quick to trash and can be abused on bosses as a target. I don't think hurricane/arma should be neutered as a damage source like in the current patch, wind druids almost entirely relied on the ice stream and hurricane damage to deal with physical immunes and now they have no real options.

Party wide buffs:
I think BO, Oak, Amp, LR, auras(conv/might/fanat/conc) should be readily available to every class. Having the actual class in the party provides further boon to the buffs, but lacking the things all-together is trying to fight an uphill battle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 pm 

Angel wrote:
Sorc: Fireball should be combined with meteor as a build. Hydra should probably shoot fireballs, balance around that. The nova spells have always been awkward because of their range and lower damage spectrum, so they need to do a considerable amount of more damage than in the past or have more range.

Meteor/Fireball runs same synergies traditionally, so they are interchangable. Does hydra shoot fireballs or firebolts currently? I agree on both nova spells. Remember Nova in Diablo 1? I'm not sure if its possible to increase radius.

Angel wrote:
Paladin: Smite has never really been a decent build, just remove it. Healer has always been an incredibly boring build to play, and overpowered in a sense that holy bolt had way too much power. The pulse healing was always a solid boon to a team, but bolt trivialized too much content. I suggest nerfing it's healing values or all-together removing them, while giving them some sort of active ability to contribute. Hammerdins, for example, could scale off prayer instead of conc.

Smite traditionally isn't used as a solo build but a skill to use in conjunction with another melee skills. It's good in combination with crushing blow for bosses as it hits every time. I do plan to lower the heal rate a bit, I found most people used healerdins on a follow bot or just for bosses. I don't plan to remove it but will tone it down a bit.

Angel wrote:
Assassin: Mind should have a larger aoe and no mind control on it's mind blast skill. Venom was never really viable, and I don't see how you would make it outside of it being a heavy synergy investment that functions much like a poison zon would in smack an enemy and move away waiting for it to tick.

Venom is different from other poison builds as it finishes its duration quick. It's basically a physical attack that deals poison based damage. The duration is only like 0.5 seconds. It is good when used with whirlwind. Specially vs enemies with high physical res and in combination with poison pierce.

Angel wrote:
Barb: Whirlwind has always struggled with lack of application of amp. Zerk has always been lackluster in how it functions, it seems much more appropriate to be an offskill for every build to deal with phys immunes.

Barbs do lack some damage but it is because they are focused more on life/defense. Just like how Sorceress can deal leathal damage but are very squishy.

Angel wrote:
Druids: I think it's a gigantic mistake for spirits to lack invulnerability. They die extremely quick to trash and can be abused on bosses as a target. I don't think hurricane/arma should be neutered as a damage source like in the current patch, wind druids almost entirely relied on the ice stream and hurricane damage to deal with physical immunes and now they have no real options.

I agree on the spirits. I liked when they functioned like aura's. Was it patch 1.4 that randomly moved all the bosses into different spots and removed invulnerability? I basically gave up on summoning my heart of wolverine because it died 1 hit in hell.

Angel wrote:
Party wide buffs:
I think BO, Oak, Amp, LR, auras(conv/might/fanat/conc) should be readily available to every class. Having the actual class in the party provides further boon to the buffs, but lacking the things all-together is trying to fight an uphill battle.

I'd like to bring back the staff with frozen armor, and definitely call to arms with battle order. DEFINITELY ctc lower res on time staff to make rabies druid viable again end game!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:28 pm 

Quote:
Meteor/Fireball runs same synergies traditionally, so they are interchangable. Does hydra shoot fireballs or firebolts currently? I agree on both nova spells. Remember Nova in Diablo 1? I'm not sure if its possible to increase radius.

It's firebolts currently, it was adjusted to fireballs but the damage was never scaled back and it was pretty strong. Personally I think it should be fireballs, hydra is unique in that it can be a boss killer and a solid clearing skill. I do like the lack of cast delay with a cap on how many can be out.

Quote:
Smite traditionally isn't used as a solo build but a skill to use in conjunction with another melee skills. It's good in combination with crushing blow for bosses as it hits every time. I do plan to lower the heal rate a bit, I found most people used healerdins on a follow bot or just for bosses. I don't plan to remove it but will tone it down a bit.

I think making healerdin pulses the main, shining part of the build with the ability to be a playable class beyond having to group with people is a solid way to go. Again, this could be accomplished with a lower damage aura than might for a melee spec, also working with hammers for a caster spec. I don't think healing bolts should permanently keep tanky units up, it makes a lot of things cheesy, rather it should be coordinated in the pulses to help heal through the aoe mechanics. As for smite, you don't heal off it and while it always hits it hits much slower than zeal. Melees should be able to get consistent hit rates. Personally I think it would be more flavor with a debuff attached that lowers damage, so you can weave it into rotations. It currently buffed phys DR, but it felt offputting in a sense that it's duration was super low and most builds will cap DR anyways outside of influences like smite.

Quote:
Venom is different from other poison builds as it finishes its duration quick. It's basically a physical attack that deals poison based damage. The duration is only like 0.5 seconds. It is good when used with whirlwind. Specially vs enemies with high physical res and in combination with poison pierce.

Do keep in mind that dual wield whirlwind hits every 2 frames, I don't think venom could ever hit that fast, especially in later difficulties when poison duration goes up. It was never viable to my knowledge outside of a prebuff on something like a bowa, and never substantially added a decent trash or boss killing mechanic. I think if you wanted venom to be a viable tool, sins would need access to multishot.

Quote:
Barbs do lack some damage but it is because they are focused more on life/defense. Just like how Sorceress can deal leathal damage but are very squishy.

Barbs can commonly outdamage all but broken specs like firewall(tuned high) or blaze(doesn't really matter how it's tuned it's insane). This is because of crushing blow, lifesteal lets them just sit on enemies, but their problem is more clearing trash. An example is I had a barb that could solo kill almost every boss in the game by holding left click frenzy, but when I went into tundra it was so slow it was agonizing. Remember that defense has it's values, but offense and in turn lifesteal commonly comes out to a much stronger defense.

To allude to your sorc reference, an orb sorc visually did decent numbers but applicably wasn't very viable on bosses. Barbs could shred bosses, most sorcs can't.

Quote:
I agree on the spirits. I liked when they functioned like aura's. Was it patch 1.4 that randomly moved all the bosses into different spots and removed invulnerability? I basically gave up on summoning my heart of wolverine because it died 1 hit in hell.

I'm glad we agree here. Current patch my maxed oak, which brevan assured me would stay alive decently well, is always dead despite self BO and it's own aura. Any elemental damage from trash wrecks it in seconds. This makes it just tedious to keep up. On a whole other aspect, I can spam it on bosses and they just sit on it indefinitely, sort of like necro blades of the past but with less of a cast delay.

Quote:
I'd like to bring back the staff with frozen armor, and definitely call to arms with battle order. DEFINITELY ctc lower res on time staff to make rabies druid viable again end game!

Personally I think the spirits should be accessible as charges or oskills on wearable items, since you can't swap them out the summons will die. CTA can be on a switch, so it can be nothing more than a stat stick to switch to.

I think amp/LR should be oskills as well. A necro will always provide a stronger version, but it gives parties without necros options.

Frozen armor feels like a solid CTC on strike on melee orientated armors/runewords, don't see much point in having it as a cast on a staff. This is mostly because most players will have their switch as a sorb set or a CTA.

And as for auras, I think conviction should be accessible for casters as early as mid nightmare, same goes for the physical damage auras. With stronger ones coming in later zod runewords.

As much as I like prayer's current rendition, I think it's highly abusable in a sense that max % HP pulses and the fact it stacks while being readily available via mercs seems wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm 

WW Assassin
HUv1.7 tried to include this, but it seemed very buggy (char would lock into an invulnerable state about once a minute - rejoin game to unlock). If you find a solution, please share it :). Similarly, the assassin has a unique and pretty cool LeapAttack animation where she curls into a flip and drop-kicks the enemy, but after about a minute it'll lock the same way.

Hydra
HUv1.3 used FireBolts, but it should be a pretty quick and easy change to switch them to FireBalls, let me know if you want a hand.

BHammer
As far as I know, it's hardcoded to work with Concentration, but you could reduce that effect to zero, and then give it a soft-coded effect to work with Prayer (look at Huv1.5's effect between FoH and Santuary for an ideal example; or v1.7's +%MagicDamge in skill synergies for a different type of example)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:32 pm 

Brevan wrote:
WW Assassin
HUv1.7 tried to include this, but it seemed very buggy (char would lock into an invulnerable state about once a minute - rejoin game to unlock). If you find a solution, please share it :). Similarly, the assassin has a unique and pretty cool LeapAttack animation where she curls into a flip and drop-kicks the enemy, but after about a minute it'll lock the same way.

Hydra
HUv1.3 used FireBolts, but it should be a pretty quick and easy change to switch them to FireBalls, let me know if you want a hand.

BHammer
As far as I know, it's hardcoded to work with Concentration, but you could reduce that effect to zero, and then give it a soft-coded effect to work with Prayer (look at Huv1.5's effect between FoH and Santuary for an ideal example; or v1.7's +%MagicDamge in skill synergies for a different type of example)

Wasn't aware of invulnerability. I had a venom WW sin on b.net for years for dueling, it never glitched on there. Will have to do testing.

Appreciate offer for help too. I'm sure I'll be in touch on several things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:46 pm 

Seeing Rabies druids again should be fun. You need LR end game to break immunity's and do good damage. So time staff should help with LR back on it.

I'm thinking of a late game fireclaw/frostbite weapon with both fire/ice pierce. Maybe a runeword called Duality. The build should give the player some choices as it wont be possible to max all synergies. Skills you need to consider, lycan, werewolf or werebear, fireclaw, frostbite, oak sage, hurricane (frostbite synergy), cyclone armor (frostbite synergy), armageddon (fireclaw synergy), firestorm (fireclaw synergy).

Werebear was very powerful in 1.3b compared to werewolf. Werewolf is suppose to be a life/attack rating based skill. Werebear is suppose to be a defense/damage base skill.

With level 20 Lycanthropy.

Werebear level 20
161% life bonus
41% critical strike
480% damage
480% defense
315% attack rating

Werewolf level 20
131% life bonus
145% defense bonus
525% attack rating
70% attack speed

You can see werebear is considerably better. Higher life bonus, higher defense bonus, and huge damage and crit strike bonuses. Life bonus needs to be lowered on Werebear.

Last edited by Cory on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm 

I played ghosts for years in actual d2, essentially caster killers in pvp who utilized mindblast and traps to stun lock and whirlwind with venom/OW to kill.

Never had a bug where it locked up.

I also played a little around with it in 1.5 iirc, but the damage wasn't there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 pm 

Angel wrote:
I played ghosts for years in actual d2, essentially caster killers in pvp who utilized mindblast and traps to stun lock and whirlwind with venom/OW to kill.

Never had a bug where it locked up.

I also played a little around with it in 1.5 iirc, but the damage wasn't there.

Yeah they were fun character. Duel weapon WW but you still get block from claw sin. Makes you hard to hit as moving. I need to add some synergies to venom to give it viable damage.

Right now venom is its own synergy at 3%. 60% damage bonus when maxed. I think I'll make Cloak of Shadow 5% poison damage bonus and maybe something else. Currently at level 20 it does 2,000 damage over .5 seconds.

I have no gear on but it need to be around 20,000 end game I would think to be viable. Fury does around 40,000 max damage end game + critical and hits 5x a second.

We will do some testing. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm 

Angel wrote:
Sorc: Fireball should be combined with meteor as a build. Hydra should probably shoot fireballs, balance around that.

We tried this. It sounded great. It was way too damn powerful. The only way you're going to balance around this is to make it absolutely useless. Maybe you missed this patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:10 pm 

And yet surprisingly less OP than blaze and firewall.

It was up there as a strong build for sure, but I'd rather strong builds existed opposed to useless non playable ones like hydra with firebolt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm 

Angel wrote:

Blaze and firewall never killed soulmancer, firebolt hydras did. It's still plenty strong

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:49 pm 

Probably because they can hit mobs off screen. Make them cast on yourself, problem solved.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 pm 

I have a question here first: are you branding it "remastered" because you're moving away from 1.10 and remaking it in 1.14 or whatever the current patch is?

And as for suggestions, I liked when bo was 1 active skill and the rest of them just added their bonuses to that one, this was taken out in 1.7, I believe?

I also agree with Angel about Mind Blast, please remove the conversion effect. Something replacing the Paladin Conversion skill would also be good, I don't know what, anything. Probably pretty early to say what to do, I guess you haven't been working too much on things yet.

Also, were spears ever a thing for Amazons in HU? Probably the only class I never really played a lot. I see you mentioned javelins and bows. How about giving spears some love even though nobody would probably use them other than me on a shitty character to handicap myself even more.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:44 pm 

Poison jav was decent.

Lightning jav cleared trash decently, but CB on bosses is suicide.

Physical javs are mostly fun builds, I tried a jav/bowa hybrid when GA was useless and they fell off later. This could of been primarily because CB was non existent that patch, though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 pm 

Angel wrote:
Poison jav was decent.

Lightning jav cleared trash decently, but CB on bosses is suicide.

Physical javs are mostly fun builds, I tried a jav/bowa hybrid when GA was useless and they fell off later. This could of been primarily because CB was non existent that patch, though.

I was thinking of fixing phys have. Jab is basically zeal. Impale corrodes weapons so noone uses, I'd replace with a single target skill similar to concentrate. Fend maybe like Berserker?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 pm 

the_apologizer wrote:
I have a question here first: are you branding it "remastered" because you're moving away from 1.10 and remaking it in 1.14 or whatever the current patch is?

Using 1.3b. 1.4 to 1.7 made a lot of changes that caused controversy for better or worse. Will just be balancing and other tweaks. No huge overhaul.

the_apologizer wrote:
And as for suggestions, I liked when bo was 1 active skill and the rest of them just added their bonuses to that one, this was taken out in 1.7, I believe?

Not sure I remember that.

the_apologizer wrote:
I also agree with Angel about Mind Blast, please remove the conversion effect. Something replacing the Paladin Conversion skill would also be good, I don't know what, anything. Probably pretty early to say what to do, I guess you haven't been working too much on things yet.

Not much done yet. Just working on website and looking through patch files. It's annoying even when Merc used conversion. We can think of something to replace. Maybe a strong single target melee attack or magic based melee attack?

Again don't want to stray too far from original but I agree that skill is utterly useless.

the_apologizer wrote:
Also, were spears ever a thing for Amazons in HU? Probably the only class I never really played a lot. I see you mentioned javelins and bows. How about giving spears some love even though nobody would probably use them other than me on a shitty character to handicap myself even more.

Spear/phys have skills will be fixed as I meantioned earlier. Impale maybe similar to concentrate and fend maybe like Berserker?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 pm 

Does anyone remember if http://blue.arimyth.com was from 1.3?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:47 am 

Angel wrote:

It was up there as a strong build for sure, but I'd rather strong builds existed opposed to useless non playable ones like hydra with firebolt.

Talk about not listening to feedback. This was broken, not just quaintly strong. (and note I am the one that started the push for it the first time).

Cory wrote:
Does anyone remember if http://blue.arimyth.com was from 1.3?

It should be 1.3b...or whatever the last one he worked on was. He did remove a number of things from the site when he left. I forget exactly what.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:17 am 

It was broken because you don't know how to balance numbers, not because it is innately broken.

Two issues with the spell, first is being able to corner cast it. This is why traps were centered. Second is people using maphack and attacking through walls, I saw this used quite often on the boss before andy in pubs.

Hydra in it's old rendition had to be balanced around being your only attack skill. In it's currently rendition, it's supplement to fireball.

Your argument makes no sense either, whether it is fireball or firebolt is irrelevant to singletarget damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:26 am 

Relax guys. I'll do plenty of testing and make sure it's useful but not over powered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:25 pm 

So, your solution is to make it a trap, and lessen any distinction between classes.

Hydra has been a strong build for a long time. Give it aoe will force you to nerf the damage to the point that it doesn't not even do what you set out to do.

We did nerf the damage...by like 1/2. You'll need to hit about 1/8 to make it to where it doesn't almost instantly clear the screen. This doesn't matter if you have it at your feet or not. If you want to cure that problem, you will need to relower the missile speed, give it a longer cast delay as well. This will make it useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 pm 

Please don't put insane cooldowns on skills, it's just annoying after all. Nerf the damage so it's useless and people can use it in meme builds, but don't put hour long cooldowns on anything.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 pm 

the_apologizer wrote:
Please don't put insane cooldowns on skills, it's just annoying after all. Nerf the damage so it's useless and people can use it in meme builds, but don't put hour long cooldowns on anything.

I agree. I dont plan on changing any cool downs from 1.3b.

For those who remember the patch was pretty well balanced and we had a good population playing at the time. A few characters were over powered (poison Necromancer and poison Amazon), and there were lots that were just irrelevant end game.

My main goal is to just do some balancing based on my experience with 1.3b.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 pm 

Right now I'm working on new website. Then I'm going to create level 95 characters with ideal gear to do end game testing. Based on how the characters handle I'll be making adjustments. After that we consider new content like skills, items, bosses, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 am 

Add skillers back. Game was fun when they existed. Builds went from strong to OP when you invested enough time and the economy was booming. It also made it worth to farm shit and gave an endgame well beyond the initial start of the patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 am 

Angel wrote:
Add skillers back. Game was fun when they existed. Builds went from strong to OP when you invested enough time and the economy was booming. It also made it worth to farm shit and gave an endgame well beyond the initial start of the patch.

We'll see. I do remember being mid level and farming for skillers in NM a3 and trading PNB skillers for gear that really helped me.

Have to be careful because damage can stack up quickly with skillers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:24 pm 

Two builds come to mind getting out of control. Poison characters and hurricane/arma.

Poison characters always put out big problems where they hit critical mass and go insane, even without skillers, they're either potentially bonkers or virtually unplayable.

Hurri and arma scaled too well for pulse damage, more significantly because they weren't just those for damage sources, they had crazy st with fclaw and fbite.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:43 pm 

Which patch had really powerful firestorm/arms bears?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 am 

If I remember right it was the patch with mastery runewords, doubling an already high damage made it one shot virtually all trash.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, you have to take into account that despite it's damage it still cleared slower, and on bosses it still had massive problems with counters and staying alive.

The key part about poison being so strong, and this mostly is for poison javazon, is the ability to do so much damage while maintaining distance and relative safety. I think dodge and avoid creates too many problems to leave in the game honestly.

Poison is one of those buillds that is wonky in general. First playthrough it'll do pretty awful damage. It's only when you reach a critical mass of pierce, mastery, and +skills where it gets out of control. But there really isn't a good way to negate the powerhouse without making the playthrough garbage.

I think it was the patch after the first nerfs our javazon was barely noticeable in the playthrough, then was ~5 hitting bosses once she got perfected.

But even still, if skillers existed, bosses aren't the only content anymore. In fact, they're the least important content imo, and javazons clear slow as shit. Common endgame content was just clearing to baal, doing baal for exp. Or clearing/teleing to azmodan and belial and killing them. Got stale real quick.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:17 pm 

Is this being worked on?

What are our options or openings for suggestions?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:24 pm 

Malpheas wrote:
Is this being worked on?

What are our options or openings for suggestions?

I'm thinking over possible changes right now. Only on step 1.

1) Generate character files for 1.3 with ideal end game gear for testing.
2) Identify builds that need to be boosted.
3) Identify builds that need to be toned down.
4) Add a few items that were added post 1.3.
5) Upgrade crafting to be more relevant throughout the game.
6) Possible twist or theme on this patch (when hell freezes over).
7) Promote through social media.
8) New website.

Again the goal is not to reinvent the whole game with this patch., It's simply to improve on some minor flaws of 1.3, do some balancing, make character builds balanced but still unique.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:13 pm 

Are you open to removing / adding skills and changing some others?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm 

Malpheas wrote:
Are you open to removing / adding skills and changing some others?

I'm open to anything.

I'm considering removing Paladin Convergence and replacing with a skill like Berserk. Was going to call it Retribution or Divine Retribution. May replace Impale with a magic based attack as well.

I don't want to change too much as I'm new to mod making. I mostly just want to balance out 1.3, one of the most popular and well balanced patches we've had.

I'm sure Brevan would be willing to help though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:43 pm 

Currently I'm going through all the gear 1 by 1, creating .d2i files for the gear for character editors, and creating web pages for them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:32 am 

I have tons of ideas for skills, but would like to retain an original feel for D2 LOD with those ideas.

Also installing D2 modding tools. I've decided to learn this stuff to one day make my own mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:04 am 

If you replace Conversion with something, you're already doing God's work. While at it, remove that effect from Mind Blast as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:53 am 

the_apologizer wrote:
If you replace Conversion with something, you're already doing God's work. While at it, remove that effect from Mind Blast as well.

:lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:47 pm 

You have discord cory?

On conversion though, it's both a blessing and a curse. Translates into a lot of fodder to keep merc up, but can be super annoying at the same time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:36 pm 

Angel wrote:
You have discord cory?

On conversion though, it's both a blessing and a curse. Translates into a lot of fodder to keep merc up, but can be super annoying at the same time.

Just is more annoying than useful. I don't recall anyone ever putting more than 1 point into it.

I was thinking a single target magic based attack called Retribution. Maybe for hammerdins to use vs bosses. Holy bolt and blessed hammer synergies. Converts physical damage to magical damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 am 

What i suggest not only for this mod but for every D2 mod is:

1)Get rid of charms or do something with them so that they dont end up filling your entire inventory

2)Get rid of Magic Find. Lets not be in dilemma whether we should equip that +MF item or that item with the sweet stats. After all D2 is all about equipping and having fun with the best you have.

3)Skill pre-requirements. Old, bad, unbalanced, outdated feature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 am 

Not to be used personally, but when the merc converts shit it does take a lot of pressure off of him.

I would remove healing from holy bolt, make an active prayer add a % damage to it similar to conc/hammer interaction. Give it a spread like teeth, but shorter range, giving healers an ability to clear or contribute to trash. Change it to hit everything, not just indead.

Balance prayer pulse to be around 5% of an average characters health per pulse, with perfect gear allotting to around 10%. The ability to wear both med and cleansing would then give 15-30% heal pulses.

Change foh to deal massive damage and massive healing but on a large cast delay. Essentially full healing every character you target it on, but with a 4-5 second cast delay, it wouldn't be as abuseable as current holy bolt. As for damage, dealing massive chunks of damage when healing isn't required is nice. And if it's possible, a decent rotation to weave it in on trash clearing with the spread of bolts it does.

Hammerdins have anways been really wonky. They require melee range to do damage to bosses effectively, their aoe is odd at best. I think doing something similar to how bo is a single skill would be good for their three damage auras. With say might being the base aura, the other auras simply being synergies to might, and having might affect hammer damage. This would give them an 80 point build, 100 if you add a synergy to hammers.

Onto survivability. In general paladins need some sort of survivability. They key ability that is unique is holy shield. If you adopted the above thought process, zeal and hammers would be base 80 point builds with no synergies. Throw holy shield as a synergy and it's a solid 100 point build. Make holy shield give a % life buff so they can compete with barbs and druids and make sure oskill holy shield doesn't exist.

As for auradins, the pierce their auras give should be superior to conviction but for a single element. The pulse should be relevant against white trash, but useless against named. And the primary damage should come from applying the damage from attacks to single target. This was a huge mistake in current 1.7 where the pulse damage is as strong as the auto damage. Either pulse will be too high or added damage will be too low.

Vengeance should just convert physical damage into all three elements, with might aura synergizing with conviction to give it an ed property. I do prefer the aoe vengeance, I always thought it was a nice touch.

---------------------------

On a completely seperate note. Please for the love of god keep items relevant. No need to have useless trash cluttering up the drops. Don't take brevans retarded approach of trying to add all these useless oskills, because what it ends up doing is being utterly useless(like current rendition) or utterly broken(think fire mastery on fire trappers, cold mastery on hurricane druids).

This doesn't mean you shouldn't have oskills. For example, auradins, zealers, eve dclaw sins all have problems clearing trash. Oskill multishot was something that could alleviate said problem, but it was always done wrong. You never shot out enough arrows because the oskill was always too low. Giving early, mid, and late game options for something like this is fine in my opinion.

What is a dumb option would be something like brevans golem set. One nice thing I can think of was the very early access to oskill teleport. This helps summoners immensely, but also any sort of caster who isn't a sorc. But it was done improperly by forcing you to use a staff. I would highly suggest looking into unoptimized early game items to oskill tele(think a set that doesn't give as much +skills as uniques, but doesn't limit weapon/shields). A midgame option that is a bit more optimized.(a piece of jewelry with decent stats, but again less +skills) A late game item that is solid optimization(same +skills as simimlar belts, less defensive stats be it health, mana, res, etc) And finally a 95 that is extremely well optimized, where as you make no concessions for wearing it, it's just good.

On a note about 95s. They're essential for mod longevity. We need things to work towards, to make playing the characters worthwhile. 95s were an excellent source of this. But again I will dictate that I would like to see skill gcs in the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 am 

To respond to doubtfulmind

1. Charms are an excellent source of longevity to character creation. Removing them would be a poor idea, especially since the cube is already excessive inventory space.

2. Mf really only mattered in trash clearing, and in that regard it is a choice between clearing more efficiently versus finding more items. i think it works well, and forces you to find a decent balance between the two stats.

3. Hardly makes any difference. If you mean having everything available at one, it just makes balancing the numbers harder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 am 

1)My point is that the general idea of having charms filling your inventory is simply a bad game design. There should be some kind of limit.

2)Again, it depends on the mod. In HU 1.7 it was useless for bosses but very useful to get quality items from trash packs.
BUT if you have a mod where the boss has 10% to drop unique item and you have 100% MF, that simply means another +10% chance to get that unique (20% total).
And this is exactly why its a bad design. Because if a mod is truly hard then you need all the good statistics you can get to deal with the content and not care whether you have MF or not.
And again, the same goes for trash mobs. If they are hard enough then u need all the good gear u can get instead of going for MF.
Games like D2 are all about: Equip the best gear you have and go kill staff thats why i believe MF is simply a bad feature.

3)Sorry but you are wrong.
AGAIN!! It depends on the mod. If in your mod every skill point counts then wasting a point on a skill that isnt part of your build, is 100% waste and its the opposite of build diversity cause it forces you to spend points on skill u simply might not want.
If you think skill X is weaker than skill Y then instead of forcing ppl to learn skill X to get access to skill Y, either modify skill X to make it competitive with other skills or simply remove it and add another skill thats good enough to be competitive.
Forcing ppl to learn useless skills is excuse of a bad game design.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:12 pm 

There really isn't a better way of doing it tbh, and I personally like charms. Not sure why you hate them so much.

I find this interesting since the majority of my gear was from farming normal bosses for base gear to upgrade. Between that and gambling, gold find was the big winner. Mf is and was useless in 1.7 because no lucrative gear existed.

Lastly lots of things are bad game design, but people work with the limitations of the engine. In general prereqs have little consequence, the one and only issue is dodge and evade on melee zons. As for level reqs, it allows you to kit powerful spells later.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:02 pm 

DoubtFuLMind wrote:

1)Get rid of charms or do something with them so that they dont end up filling your entire inventory

2)Get rid of Magic Find. Lets not be in dilemma whether we should equip that +MF item or that item with the sweet stats. After all D2 is all about equipping and having fun with the best you have.

Appreciate feedback.

1 and 2 have same answer. It's a choice of strategy. You can fill inventory with charms that will boost your character, but it makes picking up gear harder. You can put on MF gear to boost odds of finding better stuff, but you are going to clear slower vs good gear.

As for 3 I think the prerequisites for skills is essential. You wont drop more than a few skill points anyways in prerequisites so it's not really a big deal. Need to learn how to stand before you can walk, need to learn how to walk before you can run.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 pm 

I can see what u mean (regarding pre-reqs) but still, this is a game in the end a skill thats not being used is simply a bad skill.
Pre-reqs wouldnt be so bad (thinking of vanilla for example) IF the skills that are required to get access to the next skill give you proper syngery bonuses. So that u dont feel u wasted points, PLUS this way your way of thinking (first stand, then walk etc) will make more sense realistically as well. Because standing gives you bonus to walking. So the same should be applied to the game. For example (just example to get what i am saying), if the first skill in the column is Leap which is required for Leap Attack then Leap HAS to give a decent amount of bonus to Leap Attack and every other skill in the Column, because for example, if the column has 4 skills and all you want for your build is the last skill (forth) then all the 3 previous skills have to give bonus to that forth skill so that you dont feel that u wasted 3 points just to finally get access to the skill u really wanted.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:06 pm 

If there are charms to be had, make them prizes for challenges and progression. No random drop charms would be my preference.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 am 

Malpheas wrote:
If there are charms to be had, make them prizes for challenges and progression. No random drop charms would be my preference.

+ to this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:49 pm 

One thing I'm debating is if I want to rebuild all items, or just fine tune here and there. A complete rebuild would take a lot of time.

I think 1.3 was already pretty balanced. Yeah there are some less than useful items in there, but they are better than nothing to some people before they find better gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm 

If you give me information on how to edit items I wouldn't mind going through and making items less redundant. In general I think items should be clear cut in their design and intended purpose. Having a druid helm with skills, fcr, and melee stats makes little sense. Seems superior to have a melee version and a caster version.

There are also just a lot of items that serve no purpose, or serve so an absurdly unique and unfleshed out purpose that they're pointless. An example of this is a necro melee wand.

This isn't to say I wouldn't mind said items being in the game, but they at the very least need to offer viability.

As I have stated previously, multishot is an excellent alternative for a wide variety of melee centric builds to give them a way to clear, but usually the gloves give a single oskill and it's hardly worth the endeavor.

I know a lot about a lot of builds. Bowazons, melee barbs, bone necros, poison zons, etc. but this is an awful way to discuss it which is why I asked if you had a discord.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

Angel wrote:
If you give me information on how to edit items I wouldn't mind going through and making items less redundant. In general I think items should be clear cut in their design and intended purpose. Having a druid helm with skills, fcr, and melee stats makes little sense. Seems superior to have a melee version and a caster version.

There are also just a lot of items that serve no purpose, or serve so an absurdly unique and unfleshed out purpose that they're pointless. An example of this is a necro melee wand.

This isn't to say I wouldn't mind said items being in the game, but they at the very least need to offer viability.

As I have stated previously, multishot is an excellent alternative for a wide variety of melee centric builds to give them a way to clear, but usually the gloves give a single oskill and it's hardly worth the endeavor.

I know a lot about a lot of builds. Bowazons, melee barbs, bone necros, poison zons, etc. but this is an awful way to discuss it which is why I asked if you had a discord.

What do you mean by discord?

Also with newly balanced skills making more viable builds end game I wouldn't rule out too much for gear.

I can teach you about editing, I'm still learning myself. But maybe we can get a Skype group to easily discuss stuff?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:48 pm 

The way I'd like to create uniques and set items is this.

- Items will have "modification points" to spend on item modifications.
- Normal quality uniques 20 points
- Exceptional quality uniques 40 points
- Elite quality uniques 60 points.
- Low level modification will require 2-3 points, example 10% damage reduction.
- Mid level modifications will require 4-5 points, example 20% damage reduction.
- High level modifications will require 6-7 points, example 30% damage reduction.

On average you will get 6-10 modifications per item. This is a good way to balance out how many modifications are on an item and make sure it isn't too over powered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm 

Generally speaking I feel like that will lead to things like brevans 4x absord shields and everything being relatively the same with a few outliers being the choice you want.

My skype is qucangel, discord is just a newer more appropriate program.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm 

We can make a discord. I'm just starting to learn how to mod d2. I have some ideas, but not the knowledge.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:19 pm 

Angel wrote:
Generally speaking I feel like that will lead to things like brevans 4x absord shields and everything being relatively the same with a few outliers being the choice you want.

My skype is qucangel, discord is just a newer more appropriate program.

Well if you were to use 4x different sorb mods you would only have room for 2-3 other mods. I have no intent on making that an item. Though Dragon Scale shield had some really high sorbs on it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:24 pm 

If anyone wants to discuss ideas on Skype add me and I'll invite you to conversation. Skype: nickersonweb

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm 

Here is a full list of Unique armors in 1.3b. It's a large task if we were to rebuild each one but it shouldn't be too difficult to identify the purpose of the item and then what attributes help that cause.

These are just armors. Weapons list is just as long, and there are also jewelry and other stuff... so yeah. :shock: :?

Quote:
HELMETS

War Bonnet Cap 4
Tarnhelm Skull Cap 12
Coif of Glory Helm 20
Duskdeep Full Helm 25
The Face of Horror Mask 27
Wormskull Bone Helm 30
Howltusk Great Helm 35
Undead Crown Crown 40
Peasent Crown War Hat 45
Rockstopper Sallet 48
Diamondstar Circlet 50
Stealskull Casque 52
Darksight Helm Basinet 56
Blackhorn's Face Death Mask 60
Valkiry Wing Winged Helm 64
Vampiregaze Grim Helm 66
Mithiacrown Coronet 70
Crown of Thieves Grand Crown 70
Harlequin Crest Shako 75
Dragonhead Hydraskull 76
Steelshade Armet 78
Nightwing's Veil Giant Conch 78
Kira's Guardian Tiara 82
Veil of Steel Spired Helm 84
Giantskull Bone Visage 86
Andariel's Visage Demonhead 88
Griffon's Eye Diadem 92
Crown of Ages Corona 92

ARMOR

Greyform Quilted Armor 8
Blinkbats Form Leather Armor 12
The Centurion Hard Leather Armor 16
Twitchthroe Studded Leather 20
Darkglow Ring Mail 22
Hawkmail Scale Mail 24
Sparking Mail Chain Mail 26
Venomsward Breast Plate 28
Iceblink Splint Mail 30
Boneflesh Plate Mail 32
Rockfleece Field Plate 36
Heavenly Garb Light Plate 38
Rattlecage Gothic Plate 40
Goldskin Full Plate Mail 46
The Spirit Shroud Ghost Armor 46
Victors Silk Ancient Armor 50
Skin of the Flayerd One Demonhide Armor 50
Skin of the Vipermagi Serpentskin Armor 52
Ironpelt Trellised Armor 52
Spiritforge Linked Mail 54
Crow Caw Tigulated Mail 56
Shaftstop Mesh Armor 58
Duriel's Shell Cuirass 60
Skullder's Ire Russet Armor 62
Guardian Angel Templar Coat 64
Toothrow Sharktooth Armor 66
Atma's Wail Embossed Plate 68
Que-Hegan's Wisdon Mage Plate 70
Black Hades Chaos Armor 72
Corpsemourn Ornate Armor 75
Ormus' Robes Dusk Shroud 76
Wyrmscale Wyrmhide 80
The Gladiator's Bane Wire Fleece 82
Radamentvale Scarab Husk 82
Glassglare Diamond Mail 84
Hatestormcrest Loricated Mail 84
Constructforge Boneweave 85
Trapperscatch Great Hauberk 85
Arkaine's Valor Balrog Skin 86
Leviathan Kraken Shell 86
Darkfear Hellforged Plate 86
Glorycrest Lacquered Plate 88
Steel Carapice Shadow Plate 90
Templar's Might Archon Plate 95
Tyrael's Might Sacred Armor 95

SHIELDS

Pelta Lunata Buckler 4
Umbral Disk Small Shield 11
Stormguild Large Shield 16
Swordback Hold Spiked Shield 20
Steelclash Kite Shield 25
Wall of the Eyeless Bone Shield 30
Bverrit Keep Tower Shield 35
The Ward Gothic Shield 40
Visceratuant Defender 45
Mosers Blessed Circle Round Shield 50
Stormchaser Scutum 55
Tiamat's Rebuke Dragon Shield 60
Lance Guard Barbed Shield 62
Kerke's Sanctuary Pavise 64
Lidless Wall Grim Shield 66
Radimant's Sphere Ancient Shield 70
Blackoak Shield Luna 74
Warriv's Warder Heater 75
Revenge Hyperion 78
Stormshield Monarch 82
Spike Thorn Blade Barrier 84
Headhunter's Glory Troll Nest 84
Medusa's Gaze Aegis 86
Spirit Ward Ward 93

GLOVES

The Hand of Broc Gloves 6
Bloodfist Heavy Gloves 12
Chance Guards Bracers 20
Magefist Light Gauntlets 32
Frostburn Gaunlets 40
Venom Grip Demonhide Gloves 45
Gravepalm Sharkskin Gloves 50
Ghoulhide Heavy Bracers 55
Lavagout Battle Gauntlets 60
Hellmouth War Gauntlets 65
Mothernature Bramble Mitts 70
Dracul's Grasp Vampirebone Gloves 75
Souldrain Vambraces 85
Championfist Crusader Gauntlets 88
Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets 90

BOOTS

Hotspur Leather Boots 6
Gorefoot Heavy Boots 12
Treads of Cthon Chain Boots 20
Goblin Toe Light Plate Boots 32
Tearhaunch Plate Boots 40
Infernostride Demonhide Boots 45
Waterwalk Sharkskin Boots 50
Silkweave Mesh Boots 55
Wartraveler Battle Boots 60
Gorerider War Boots 65
Stormwalk Wyrmhide Boots 75
Sandstorm Trek Scarabshell Boots 78
Marrowwalk Boneweave Boots 80
Forsakenmoon Mirrored Boots 85
Shadowdancer Myrmidon Greaves 90

BELTS

Lenymo's Cord Sash 6
Snakecord Light Belt 12
Nightsmoke Belt 20
Goldwrap Heavy Belt 32
Bladebuckle Girdle 40
String of Ears Demonhide Sash 45
Razortail Sharkskin Belt 50
Gloomstrap Mesh Belt 55
Snowclash Battle Belt 60
Thudergod's Vigor War Belt 65
Arachnid Mesh Spiderweb Sash 70
Nosferatu's Coil Vampirefang Belt 75
Verdugo's Hearty Cord Mithril Coil 80
Immortalflesh Troll Belt 90
Worldstone Colossus Girdle 93

BARBARIAN HELMS

Steelforge Fanged Helm 20
Forcefist Assault Helmet 40
Ageofwrath Jawbone Visor 60
Arreat's Face Rage Mask 75
Halaberd's Reign Fury Visor 85
Demonhorn's Edge Guardian Crown 95

NECROMANCER SHIELDS

Decayingwretch Zombie Head 20
Voodoodoll Gargoyle Head 40
Livingskull Mummified Trophy 60
Homunculus Sexton Trophy 75
Boneflame Hellspawn Skull 85
Radamentswill Overseer Skull 85
Darkforge Spawn Bloodlord Skull 95

PALADIN SHIELDS

Divinehand Rondache 20
Holycross Aerin Shield 40
Celestialguard Akaran Targe 60
Herald of Zakarum Protector Shield 75
Alma Negra Sacred Rondache 85
Dragonscale Vortex Shield 95

DRUID HELMS

Forestclad Hawk Helm 20
Mountainrange Falcon Mask 40
Spiritkeeper Alpha Helm 60
Jalal's Mane Hunter's Guise 75
Cerebus Sun Spirit 85
Ravenlore Dream Spirit 95

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:04 pm 

For spells, please give a reason to put points in to Energy. E.g. War Cry from 1.17 HU was a great reason to take energy. If this worked with spell skills this would be a great reason to put points in to it, and also a way to justify a lower regen mana % all over.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:06 pm 

I'm going to be very thorough with this patch. Hopefully build a foundation that can be used for patches going forward. I didn't really want to do a total rebuild, just minor adjustments. After talking to over a dozen people there's a lot of common suggestions among most players that I feel people really want to be addressed.

Right now my focus is on rebuilding unique items. I'm creating a list of all possible item modifications (and the modification range vary based on equip type such as helmet, body armor, amulet, gloves, etc.) The current file is 1,110 lines of modifications with 3 columns of variables I need to fill in. Once this is done unique items will get to choose 6-10 modifications of this list. The range of these modification will be based on the item quality level (normal, exceptional, elite).

This measurement system will assure we have balanced, well designed and useful items across the board. Items with a purpose that will help various characters.

Here is the spreadsheet I'm working on for unique item modifications.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:25 pm 

Ladies and Gentlemen, your elite unique armors.

Super Elite Armors
Demonspike Coat (resist armor)
Templar's Might(elemental caster armor)
Steel Carapace (melee armor)
Tyrael's (defensive armor).

Ormus remains an elemental caster armor.
Wyrmscale is still a good caster armor.
Gladiators Bane is a defensive armor.
Glassglare is still a great absorb piece of gear.
Hatestorm Crest is a great end game bow armor.

There are 6 pieces of armor specific for character elemental builds
Radaments Vale - Poison
Construct Forge - Magic
Trapper's Catch - Lightning
Arkaine's Valor - Melee
Darkfear - Fire
Leviathan - Cold

Ormus Robe
Dusk Shroud
Level 76

2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Cast Rate
10-16% Fire Damage
10-16% Lightning Damage
10-16% Cold Damage
10-16% Poison Damage
Regenerate Mana 30%
All Resists +20
Socket(3)

Wyrmscale
Wyrmhide
Level 80

2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Cast Rate
Maximum Mana 20%
Regenerate Mana 30%
All Resists +25
Damage Reduced 10%
10 Mana Per Kill
Socket(3)

The Gladiator's Bane
Scarab Husk
Level 82

+1 to All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
+300 Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Increase Chance to Block
All Resists +25
Damage Reduced 15%
Poison Length Reduced 50%
Socket(3)

Radaments Vale
Scarab Husk
Level 82

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Poison Nova when Struck
+2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
All Resist +25
1,620 Poison Damage over 10 seconds
10% Poison Damage
-10% to Enemy Poison Resist
Poison Length Reduced 75%
Socket(3)

Glassglare
Diamond Mail
Level 84

1 to All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
All Resists +30
Fire Absorb 5%
Lightning Absorb 5%
Cold Absorb 5%
Magic Absorb 5%
Damage Reduced by 10%
Socket(3)

Hatestorm Crest
Loricated Mail
Level 84

1 to All Skills
250% Enhanced Defense
150% Enhanced Damage
20% Deadly Strike
20% Faster Run Walk
30% Increased Attack Speed
30 to Dexterity
All Resists 25
10% Mana Stolen
Socket(3)

Construct Forge
Boneweave
Level 85

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Teeth when Struck
+2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
All Resist +25
200-240 Magic Damage
-12% to Magic Resist
30 Mana per Kill
Resist Magic 10%
Socket(3)

Trapper's Catch
Great Hauberk
Level 85

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Chain Lightning when Struck
+2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
All Resist +25
1-760 Lightning Damage
10% Lightning Damage
-10% to Enemy Lightning Resist
Absorb Lightning 5%
Socket(3)

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Level 86

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Warcry when Struck
+2 to All Skills
350% Enhanced Defense
50 to Strength
All Resist +25
Damage Reduced 15%
Physical Damage Reduction 30
Magical Damage Reduction 30
Socket(3)

Darkfear
Hellforged Plate
Level 86

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Meteor when Struck
+2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
All Resist +25
320-460 Fire Damage
10% Fire Damage
-10% to Enemy Fire Resist
Absorb Fire 5%
Socket(3)

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Level 86

10% Chance to Cast Level 30 Blizzard when Struck
+2 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
All Resist +25
260-320 Cold Damage
10% Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Cold Resist
Absorb Cold 5%
Socket(3)

Demonspike Coat
Lacquered Plate
Level 88

10% Chance to Cast level 20 Bone Armor When Struck
400% Enhance Defense
All Resists +40
Resist Magic 10%
Maximum Fire Resists 5%
Maximum Lightning Resists 5%
Maximum Cold Resists 5%
Damage Reduced by 20%
Socket(3)

Templars Might
Archon's Plate
Level 90

+3 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
12-16% to Enemy Fire Resist
12-16% to Enemy Light Resist
12-16% to Enemy Cold Resist
12-16% to Enemy Poison Resist
12-16% to Enemy Magic Resist
30% Faster Cast Rate
Resist All +30
Regenerate Mana 30%
Increase Maximum Mana 30%
Socketed (4)

Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Level 90

+1 to All Skills
400% Enhance Defense
200% Enhanced Damage
+100 to Life
Crushing Blow 5%
50% Faster Hit Recovery
Damage Reduced by 20%
Resist All +30
12% Life Stolen
12% Mana Stolen
Socketed (4)

Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Level 95

+ 2 to All Skills
500% Enhance Defense
Resist All +50
Resist Magic 10%
Damage Reduced by 20%
50% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot be Frozen
200 Defense
Increase Maximum Life 15%
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
Socketed (4)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:05 pm 

Exceptional Unique armors are done. We remain with the theme of having an armor for fire, lightning, cold, poison, magic, melee. There are multiple caster, melee, defensive items as well as resist items. If you noticed I replaced Glorycrest Elite Unique with Demonspike Coat, a classic unique from Diablo 1, you will see Glorycrest made its return but 20 levels lower. Should be easier to find now as well! This will allow for MFing around the start middle of Nightmare.

The Spirit Shroud
Ghost Armor
Level 46

5% Chance to Cast Level 15 Poison Nova when Struck
1 All Skills
+4-6 to Rabies (Class Only)
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-10% Enemy Poison Resists
All Resists +20
25 to Energy
Maximum Poison Resists 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Level 48

1 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
20% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resists +25
Regenerate Mana 30%
Damage Reduced 10%
10 Mana Per Kill
Maximum Mana 20%
Socket(3)

Skin of the Flayed One
Demonhide Armor
Level 50

200% Enhanced Defense
100% Enhanced Damage
25% Chance of Open WOund
20 to Strength
20 to Dexterity
All Resists +25
10% Life Stolen per Hit
10% Mana Stolen per Hit
Socket(2)

Ironpelt
Trellised Armor
Level 52

250% Enhanced Defense
150% enhanced Damage
25% Faster Hit Recovery
5% Crushing Blow
50 to Life
25 Strength
All Resists +20
Damage Reduced 10%
Socket(3)

Spiritforge
Linked Mail
Level 54

1 to All Skills
250% Enhanced Defense
All Resists +20
Fire Absorb 5%
Lightning Absorb 5%
Cold Absorb 5%
Damage Reduced by 10%
Poison Length Reduced 25%
Cannot be Frozen
Socket(2)

Crow Caw
Tigulated Mail
Level 56

200% Enhanced Defense
20% Deadly Strike
20% Open Wound
20% Faster Run Walk
20% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Increase Attack Speed
All Resist +20
20 Dexterity
Socket(3)

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Level 58

300% Enhanced Defense
200 Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Increase Chance of Blocking
All Resists +30
Maximum Life 10%
Damage Reduced 15%
Cannot be Frozen
Socket(2)

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Level 60

5% Chance to Cast Level 20 Frost Nova when Struck
1 All Skills
+4-6 to Frost Bite (Class Only)
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-10% Enemy Cold Resists
All Resists +20
25 to Energy
Maximum Cold Resists 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Skullders Ire
Russet Armor
Level 62

5% Chance to Cast Level 20 Thunder Fury when Struck
1 All Skills
+4-6 to Chain Lightning (Class Only)
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-10% Enemy Lightning Resists
All Resists +20
25 to Energy
Maximum Lightning Resists 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Level 64

5% Chance to Cast Level 20 Fissure when Struck
1 All Skills
+4-6 to Fireball (Class Only)
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-10% Enemy Fire Resists
All Resists +20
25 to Energy
Maximum Fire Resists 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Toothrow
Sharktooth Armor
Level 66

5% Chance to Cast Level 20 Teeth when Struck
1 All Skills
+4-6 to Teeth (Class Only)
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-10% Enemy Magic Resists
25 to Energy
All Resists +20
Resist Magic 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Glorycrest
Embossed Plate
Level 68

1 All Skills
1 to Find Item Skill
250% Enhanced Defense
Gold Find 100%
Magic Find 100%
All Resists +25
Damage Reduced 10%
Physical Damage Reduction 10
Magical Damage Reduction 10
Socket(4)

Que-Hagan Wisdom
Mage Plate
Level 70

2 All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Cast Rate
20% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Regenerate Mana 30%
40 to Mana
25 to Energy
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
Socket(3)

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
Level 72

10% Chance to Cast Level 25 Frozen Armor When Struck
10% Chance to Cast Level 25 Bone Armor When Struck
10% Chance to Cast Level 25 Cyclone Armor When Struck
300% Enhanced Defense
100% Enhanced Damage
40% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resists +20
Prevent Monster Heal
5% Life Steal
5% Mana Steal
Socket(3)

Corpsemourn
Ornate Plate
Level 75

1 All skills
300% Enhanced Defense
40% Faster Hit Recovery
100 to life
All Resists +35
Damage Reduced 10%
Replenish Life +20
Increase Life 10%
Socket(2)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:14 pm 

BASIC ARMORS

Greyform
Quilted Armor
Level 8

100% Enhanced Defense
30 to Life
30 to Mana
All Resist +10

Blinkbat's Form
Leather Armor
Level 12

100% Enhanced Defense
50 Defense
10 Strength
15 Dex
5 Mana per Kill
5% Life Stolen

The Centurion
Hard Leather Armor
Level 16

150% Enhanced Defense
20% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25 Strength
20% Deadly Strike
Socket(2)

Twitchthroe
Studded Leather
Level 20

150% Enhanced Defense
20% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25 Dexterity
12-24 damage
Socket(2)

Darkglow
Ring Mail
Level 22

150% Enhanced Defense
All Resists +20
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
Damage Reduced by 5%
Poison Length Reduced 25%
Half Freeze Duration
Socket(2)

Hawkmail
Scale Mail
Level 24

2 to Fire Spells
150% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Fire Damage
50 to Mana
All Resists +15
Resist Fire 40%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Sparkling Mail
Chain Mail
Level 26

2 to Lightning Spells
150% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Lightning Damage
50 to Mana
All Resists +15
Resist Lightning 40%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Venom's Ward
Breast Plate
Level 28

2 to Poison Spells
150% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Poison Damage
50 to Mana
All Resists +15
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Iceblink
Splint Mail
Level 30

2 to Cold Spells
150% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Cold Damage
50 to Mana
All Resists +15
Resist Cold 40%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Boneflesh
Plate Mail
Level 32

2 to Magic Spells
150% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
-8% Enemy Magic Resists
50 to Mana
All Resists +15
Resist Magic 10%
Requirements -25%
Socket(2)

Rockfleece
Field Plate
Level 36

200% Enhanced Defense
150 Defense
20% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Faster Block Rate
10 Strength
20 Vitality
All Resist +15
Damage Reduced 5%
Socket(2)

Rattlecage
Gothic Plate
Level 40

250% Enhanced Defense
150% enhanced Damage
20% Faster Hit Recovery
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
15 Strength
50 to Life
All Resists +15
Damage Reduced 5%
Socket(2)

Heavenly Garb
Light Plate
Level 42

1 to All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
All Resists +15
50 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 30%
10 Mana Per Kill
Socket(2)

Goldskin
Full Plate Mail
Level 46

250% Enhanced Defense
Gold Find 200%
All Resists +25
50 to Life
Damage Reduced 10%
Socket(2)

Silks of the Victor
Ancient Armor
Level 50

1 All skills
250% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
50 to life
All Resists +20
Damage Reduced 10%
Increase Life 10%
Replenish Life +10
Socket(2)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:53 pm 

pdr/mdr way too high for lvl8

Greyform
Quilted Armor
Level 8
100% Enhanced Defense
30 to Life
30 to Mana
All Resist +10

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:32 am 

Minu566 wrote:
pdr/mdr way too high for lvl8

Greyform
Quilted Armor
Level 8
100% Enhanced Defense
30 to Life
30 to Mana
All Resist +10

Yeah good call. I copy/pasted forgot to edit. Should be 5

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:04 am 

tks man ! great work

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 am 

Heres our Elite Unique Helmets. Most items stick to same theme as 1.3. Giantskull is now a magic helmet to make there a fire, light, cold, magic, poison, melee choices.

Harlequin Crest
Shako

2 to All Skills
25% Faster Cast Rate
15-20 Strength
15-20 Dexterity
15-20 Vitality
15-20 Energy
100 to Life
100 to Mana
150% Magic Find
Socketed (2)

Dragonhead
Hydraskull

5% Chance to Cast Level 30 Fissure When Struck
2 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Absorb Fire 3-4%
10% to Fire Damage
-8% to Enemy Fire Resist
Damage Reduced 5%
Socketed (2)

Steelshade
Armet

5% Chance to Cast Level 30 Nova When Struck
2 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Absorb Lightning 3-4%
10% to Lightning Damage
-8% to Enemy Lightning Resist
Damage Reduced 5%
Socketed (2)

Nightwing's Veil
Giant Conch

5% Chance to Cast Level 30 Frost Nova When Struck
2 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Absorb Cold 3-4%
10% to Cold Damage
-8% to Enemy Cold Resist
Damage Reduced 5%
Socketed (2)

Kira's Guardian
Tiara

2 All Skills
100% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resists +30
Cannot be Frozen
Increase Maximum Life 10%
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
Socketed (4)

Veil of Steel
Spired Helm

400% Enhanced Defense
100% Attack Rating
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20 Strength
20 Dexterity
20 Vitality
20 Energy
All Resist +30
Damage Reduced 8%
Socketed (2)

Giant Skull
Bone Visage

5% Chance to Cast Level 30 Mind Blast When Struck
2 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25 to Energy
All Resist +25
Magic Resist 5%
-12% to Enemy Poison Resist
Damage Reduced 5%
Socketed (2)

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead

5% Chance to Cast Level 30 Poison Nova When Struck
2 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
10% to Poison Damage
-8% to Enemy Poison Resist
Damage Reduced 5%
Socketed (2)

Griffon's Eye
Diadem

3 All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
12-16% to Fire Damage
12-16% to Lightning Damage
12-16% to Cold Damage
12-16% to Poison Damage
-10-12% to Enemy Magic Resist
All Resist +33
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
Socketed (3)

Crown of Ages
Corona

3 All Skills
450% Enhanced Defense
33% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +33
100 to Life
Damage Reduced 8%
Indestructible
Socketed (3)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:40 pm 

I'm of the mind that Griffon's Eye should be - 15% enemy resists across the board; all except poison. Also, could Veil of Steel have +5% max all resists instead of Damage Reduced by %?

Hrm. How has the common Damage Reduced by x% worked on high end items? I wonder if things shouldn't be so symmetrical and have one off mods to signify that that's what they are?

Edit 2 - Could there be more X on level mods on items? Some of them are unique enough to last until later levels.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:25 pm 

Our Normal and Exceptional Unique Helmets

NORMAL HELMETS

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Level 4

100% Enhanced Defense
25 Defense
10 to Strength
10 to Dexterity
25 to Life
25 to Mana
Socket(1)

Tarnhelm
Skull Cap
Level 12

1 to All Skills
100% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
25% Faster Hit Recovery
25 to Mana
All Resist +10
Regenerate Mana 20%
Socket(1)

Coif of Glory
Helm
Level 20

150% Enhanced Defense
50% Attack Rating Bonus
20% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +20
Physical Damage Reduction 5
Magical Damage Reduction 5
10 Life per Kill
Socket(2)

Duskdeep
Full Helm
Level 25

150% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Fire Damage
10% Cold Damage
10% Light Damage
25 to Mana
All Resist +15
10 Mana per Kill
Replenish Life +20
Socket(2)

The Face of Horror
Mask
Level 27

150% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
-8% to Enemy Magic Resist
25 to Mana
All Resist +15
10 Mana per Kill
Replenish Life +20
Socket(2)

Wormskull
Bone Helm
Level 30

150% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
10% to Poison Damage
25 to Mana
All Resist +15
10 Mana per Kill
Replenish Life +20
Socket(2)

Howltusk
Great Helm
Level 35

200% Enhanced Defense
50% Enhanced Damage
50% Attack Rating
15% Deadly Strike
20% Open Wound
12-20 damage
Socketed (2)

Undead Crown
Crown
Level 40

200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Life Stolen
10 Life per Kill
All Resist +20
Damage Reduced 5%
Requirements -25%
Socketed (3)

EXCEPTIONAL HELMETS

Peasant Crown
War Hat
Level 45

1 to All Skills
150% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Cast Rate
20 to Energy
40 to Mana
All Resist +15
Regenerate Mana 15%
Regenerate Life 15%
Socketed (2)

Rockstopper
Sallet
Level 48

250% Enhanced Defense
50% Enhanced Damage
50% Attack Rating Bonus
30% Faster Hit Recovery
15 Strength
All Resist +15
Damage Reduced 5%
5% Life Stolen per Hit
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
Socketed (2)

Diamond Star
Circlet
Level 50

2 to Magic Spells
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
All Resist +20
Resist Magic 5%
-10% to Enemy Magic Resist
50 to Mana
Socketed (2)

Stealskull
Casque
Level 52

2 to Lightning Spells
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
All Resist +20
Maximum Lightning Resist 5%
-10% to Enemy Lightning Resist
50 to Mana
Socketed (2)

Darksight Helm
Basinet
Level 56

2 to Cold Spells
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
All Resist +20
Maximum Cold Resist 5%
-10% to Enemy Cold Resist
50 to Mana
Socketed (2)

Blackhorn's Face
Death Mask
Level 60

1 All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Absorb Fire 4%
Absorb Lightning 4%
Absorb Cold 4%
Cannot be Frozen
Socketed (2)

Valkyrie Wing
Winged Helm
Level 64

250% Enhanced Defense
50% Attack Rating Bonus
30% Faster Run/Walk
25% Increased Attack Speed
20 to Dexterity
12 Life per Kill
12 Mana per Kill
All Resist +20
Socketed (3)

Vampiregaze
Grim Helm
Level 66

2 to Poison Spells
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
All Resist +20
Maximum Poison Resist 5%
-10% to Enemy Poison Resist
50 to Mana
Socketed (2)

Mithia's Crown
Coronet
Level 70

2 to Fire Spells
200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Cast Rate
All Resist +20
Maximum Fire Resist 5%
-10% to Enemy Fire Resist
50 to Mana
Socketed (2)

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Level 70

1 All Skills
300% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
20 to Strength
20 to Dexterity
100 to Life
All Resist +20
Damage Reduced 5%
100% Gold Find
100% Magic Find
Socketed (2)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 pm 

Malpheas wrote:
I'm of the mind that Griffon's Eye should be - 15% enemy resists across the board; all except poison. Also, could Veil of Steel have +5% max all resists instead of Damage Reduced by %?

Hrm. How has the common Damage Reduced by x% worked on high end items? I wonder if things shouldn't be so symmetrical and have one off mods to signify that that's what they are?

Edit 2 - Could there be more X on level mods on items? Some of them are unique enough to last until later levels.

Well with Griffs eye we use to MF as a group and it would go to the person who it helped most. So if it war 15% fire and next best was 13% light, it would go to our parties fire member. It's really not that big of a deal though. Small %.

Also have to be careful with sorb. Veil of Steel is meant to be for physical resistance and defense. There are a few sorb items if you want to stack sorb. If a boss or area has high ele damage you may use the following item just for that area.

Blackhorn's Face
Death Mask
Level 60
1 All Skills
200% Enhanced Defense
25% Faster Hit Recovery
All Resist +25
Absorb Fire 4%
Absorb Lightning 4%
Absorb Cold 4%
Cannot be Frozen
Socketed (2)

Not sure what you mean by other stuff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm 

-snip original message-

Mods that are X/character level. E.g. 1 str / clvl. These could be anything within the limits of the game.

For the other question I asked, I mean putting a mod on an item that is based on lore of the item itself. Something flavourful but still relevant. Like, Giant Skull having crushing blow on it (low percent because there are few p.immunes in this mod).

The max resists thing could be handled by not awarding absorbs on items. These should be suitably rare and not in conjunction with the best items in the game. These should be equipment choices, but not common.

These are just my thoughts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:04 pm 

quick bump: How's it coming?

Need any help with anything?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:29 pm 

Malpheas wrote:
quick bump: How's it coming?

Need any help with anything?

Continuing to work on items in free time. Was sick a couple weeks so busy catching up on work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 am 

Doing some more work on the patch now.

The main thing I'm doing is working on creating a purpose for items and then balancing them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You can see in the spreadsheet below that each tier of items tries to have at least 1 piece for melee, caster, defense, resist, absorb, and individual elemental gear (fire, lightning, cold, poison, magic).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:03 pm 

I would just like to point out what angel said in terms of builds and removing smite and how healers are boring. I personally think that is a load of shit and in fact love playing as a healer, smite is a useful skill whether its used as a sole build or just a utility.

The healer provides another aspect to the game which no other build can, it promotes teamwork and provides variety, i make a healer every single patch and find it very rewarding and enjoyable to play as. It really needs to remain as it is, its up to you whether you scale it up or down i dont care, just dont butcher it. Cheers!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 pm 

i have to say that i cant wait to see this patch going live... im not one of those vets that plays hu since the begining but i did start on 1.3F and i found that it was the most fun patch online ive played. i mostly think that going in major skill / build changing is why the patch variety is so huge and also why it feel so bad... i think going into to mutch major change will probly end up on a non balanced patch since it will make NEW problem. i mean if you want to nerf or buff some of the skill go for it but i think that the biggest issue about doing the major change is that you wont ever have enough help at testing so it wont feel as perfect as you guy would like too... if you guys are going in a remastered version it will be AWESOME :D anyway im not here to say do this or do not since i dont even have the time to help you guys do it and also i dont have the knowledge but plz keep it simple :D this mod is so awesome trying to change the core is probly wat makes it die slowly....

on the other hand i think adding new content is probly the best way to attract ppl.
i think that most of the player ( if not all ) are nostalgic... keeping that in mind... if we could had a whole section to maybe ( act4 ) and in that section we could bring diablo 1 features... maybe the WHOLE d1 it will be so insane... i was thinking about it and i ended up on 1 problem so far. ( not talking about the work and everything it involve but ) adding a HUGE maybe 16 level in act4 will probly end up having to balance all the monster n drops n shit in act5 since we will get alot of exp down there. ... i was thinking to keep that aspect simple we could probly make that portal opens only in Hell act4 since wps are pretty LOW and make that area ilvl95. a full new area that unlock once you kill maybe Hell baal ? and in that area there should be lvl 95 items runes n things like that .... i was also thinking of adding a bonus to mf% every time you get past a entire lvl ( refering to d1 there was the cathedral/catacombs/cave/Hell lets say once we enter the cathedral we get +100% mf once we enter the catacombs an other 100%mf + 100% in cave and +100 in hell. so it end up having 400% mf when you enter lvl14 (hell area) ... maybe its not a good idea at ALL but you know for some builds it hurths ALOT to cut dmg to pull in mf so it could be helpfull to have a bonus to MF.... so let me know wath you guys think and also im sorry for my bad english.

GOOD luck and +1 on trying to keep that mod alive i cant wait to try that remastered version !!!! thx guys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:41 pm 

DoubtFuLMind wrote:

On your point about charms, i do have to agree, although rather than removing them, why not create a small inventory space dedicated to general charms/ non unique, which forces people to decide on what charms they need/want for their build without becoming a hindrance on your inventory. leaving you to fill your inventory with the unique charms if you wish.

Offline Profile