Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

Post subject: Single Player HU Question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am 

Hello, Im not really new around here I have read most everything on this site, but just now registered. I cant seem to figure out if their is a solution to my problem.

Since I play only on single player, I have grown very weary of not having a way of transferring items amongst some of my heroes.

I have tried quite a few different builds and spent a large amount of time farming and gambling specific things each one of them may have needed or the hireling needed.

Basically is there any way on single player that I can transfer items or gold even to some of my other heroes so when I try out a new one I don't have to waste so much time item farming and gold finding on each one?

I really enjoy this mod, I have played literally them all when it comes to D2 mods and I find this one the most challenging and fun.
What I dont like is each time I make a new hero I have to start completely over on all items and gold, when I have already spent incredible amounts of time doing the same thing on other heroes and cant transfer anything at all.

I only want to play on single player, that's the version I have installed, I really hope someone here can direct me as a way I can move some stuff around all by myself. I am aware of Plug Y and such and love that feature of shared stash but it does not seem to work with HU.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Single Player HU Question
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 am 

U can't join any kind of multi with the single player version, so the only way I know is to use some kind of char editor to export/import item. Or play multi :D it much better to have a party to go with

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 am 

BaLooB33R wrote:
Or play multi :D it much better to have a party to go with

I understand, lol but I don't really play this game for multiplayer, Im actually a huge MMO player so If I wanta play multiplayer I go play that game.

I play D2 HU as a "get away" from multiplaying allowing me to play at whatever pase I choose.

Im just looking for a way to pass items and gold along to my other characters in single player mode. If that's something that's just absolutely impossible, it sure will be rather sad that this small thing might be what kills this amazing mod for me. :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:28 am 

you need loader to xfer stuff on single player.
First you have to start a new lan game (Other Multiplayer-> TCP/IP), then load another game and choose to join that game, just type your own ip (its on screen) and xfer stuff. Remember to quit 2nd char first.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:36 am 

Steel wrote:
you need loader to xfer stuff on single player.
First you have to start a new lan game (Other Multiplayer-> TCP/IP), then load another game and choose to join that game, just type your own ip (its on screen) and xfer stuff. Remember to quit 2nd char first.

I will investigate this thanks! Just didnt know If it would allow me to do TCP/IP since Im playing the Single player HU version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 pm 

You could try ATMA, it's a hack to vanilla that lets you xfer without loader.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 pm 

There are some items in HU that ATMA does not recognize. This can cause characters to simply not open or cause items to become ith'd and poof after you exit a game. Also it does not understand the increased stash size so you need to make sure that any items you don't want to lose are within the original stash locals.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm 

Search for PlugY. It's a program that offers a couple of features that can be added to Diablo2, especially mods. This gives you the ability to use a "shared stash" so you can store unwanted items from one character and have it for other characters to use. While it may be cheating (??) to some, I only use this if you are strictly playing the solo version.

Just remember to make a shortcut to PlugY and add "-direct -txt" to the command line so HU will properly load.

(More on this in the Tech Support section.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm 

NewBastige wrote:
Search for PlugY. It's a program that offers a couple of features that can be added to Diablo2, especially mods. This gives you the ability to use a "shared stash" so you can store unwanted items from one character and have it for other characters to use. While it may be cheating (??) to some, I only use this if you are strictly playing the solo version.

Just remember to make a shortcut to PlugY and add "-direct -txt" to the command line so HU will properly load.

(More on this in the Tech Support section.)

I haven't used this in awhile, but I know the latest version DOES NOT disable itself as the previous ones did when signing on to the realms...this was a mistake that will hopefully be cleared up if the maker decides to make another update. You have been warned! :shock:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:04 pm 

This is why I make two copies of HU... one for solo and one for multiplayer. I do not have PlugY installed on the multiplayer folder.

Offline Profile