Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

Post subject: Maphack with D2SE? Or at least, mod feature request?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:27 am 

Good day all,

I just moved to 1.6c (with D2SE) from 1.21 (standalone installation). Since D2SE is responsible for loading PlugY and Game.exe, Mousepad's Maphack no longer finds the instance of D2.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do not use Maphack for revealing any portion of the map, infravision, displaying monsters on the map, maximum light radius, etc. I enjoy the surprises and exploration of D2 without these features. Plus, for what it's worth, I play single player only, so I'm not affecting anyone else' game experience.

That said, there are many features Maphack provided that I would very much like to get back somehow.

Fast item moving:
You could right-click to move the item currently in hand to the opposite screen (e.g. between inventory and cube, inventory and stash, inventory and vendor to auto-sell). This is a HUGE help for cubing gems/runes, re-arranging stash, etc. With quick left-click/right-click action, I could cube-up dozens of gems in minutes without having to "drag and drop" each individual gem from one side of the screen to the other. Less time dragging/dropping = more time actually playing the game.

Improved data display:
Maphack allows you to see -
  • base stats (e.g. without +stats from gear/charms)
  • socketed item stats (add a rare gem to a rare item - good luck knowing where some of the mods came from :-D)
  • pet equipment
  • monster resists
  • custom colors for item drop text (e.g., rejuvenation pots in purple text, gold piles above X-value in gold text, charms in purple text so they stand out from blue magic items, etc)
  • number of item sockets in item drop text (helps separate from Ethereal items, e.g. you'd see "Quilted armor (2)")
  • Breakpoints in FPS (current HU char screen shows % stats like FHR, FBR, but that still means you have to ALT+TAB, break immersion, and go look up the breakpoint tables online. Maphack showed the literal FPS so you immediately knew if the increase pushed you to the next BP.)

With that all said - is there a reliable way of getting Maphack to work with D2SE, and/or adding some/all of the above features to the core HU mod?

Cheers, thank you, and happy holidays!
-BaTz

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Maphack with D2SE? Or at least, mod feature request?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am 

Happy New Year all,

108 views and no replies - is the subject of maphack taboo within the HU community? Or perhaps no one is familiar with a solution?

Any comments, at least, on whether the requested/missing features could somehow be added to the mod, or as a standalone utility that works with D2SE (e.g. "Mousepads maphack without the maphack features")?

Cheers!
-BaTz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 pm 

The view count seems to include when the search engine bots review a post (I've got some posts in Homemade Modifications with 4k+ views, but I'm very confident most folks have never read those even once, and for good reason (folks hate math)). That said, I recall reading your post, but having no productive input.

Using MapHack would get you banned from Multiplayer last I knew. Because of that, I think a good chunk of HU players haven't tried it, so haven't experimented with it. I'd agree that some of the features mentioned above don't remove the challenge from the mod (besides viewing monster stats/positions).

You could try asking your question on PhrozenKeep, which is a forum of Modders. Surely some of them have run experiments on including MapHacks with their mods.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:08 pm 

Thank you for the input, Brevan! I didn't think of bots affecting the view count, but that absolutely makes sense.

I'll take a look at Phrozenkeep - I stumbled upon a few D2SE related posts on there while Googling for this question, so I might as well try posting there as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:38 pm 

http://www.bhfiles.com/files/Diablo%20II/1.10/

Those are your best bet. One of the c3p0 works but it's buggy in terms of highlighting items last I checked.

One of the mousepad works but crashes when you enter new zones from the mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 pm 

I was basically in the same boat as Brevan. Maphack isn't (and shouldn't imo) be allowed on realms.

That said, there are some nice features that come along with some of them. Glad that someone chimed in that has some clue on what does or does not indeed work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 am 

I personally have no issue with maphack. I also have no problem with followbots. But you opened a can of worms with adding rejuvs back into the game, the godmode will once again function.

In regards to maphack, it's my personal opinion people should be allowed to play how they want. Some features are downright amazing(showing resists, showing the effects of your -res auras/skills/curses), some are mere matters of preference(map reveal/nightlight), and others could be considered a bit over the top(mobs on the minimap). But honestly it makes little difference in the grand scheme of things. Virtually every mod with a playerbase not only allows but supports a maphack for their mod. I see no reason to remain archaic in that sense, since you essentially can't detect it either way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:04 am 

I don't think that using other mods as an example is a worthy argument. They do as they please. That doesn't mean that they should all do it. I highly prefer the fact that the map isn't shown. D2 is one of the few games left not on rails, essentially. I really do not want to remove that aspect.

If some of the other things could be added, that would be nice. If not, oh well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:21 pm 

Sounds like your opinion.

In any case, you can't stop people from using it since you can't detect it. And even if you did find out, what would you do? Ban them? Barely anyone plays as it is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:19 pm 

Angel wrote:
Sounds like your opinion.

In any case, you can't stop people from using it since you can't detect it. And even if you did find out, what would you do? Ban them? Barely anyone plays as it is.

It is my opinion. And you clearly stated yours. I will at minimum choose to leave the game they are in. It is blatantly obvious when people are using it.I have left plenty of them.
Also, there have been several posts about pretty cut and dry cases of it...and ya know what? most people chose the same way.

So if you want to try to pigeon hole me into a little corner by stating the obvious like it is something to abhor, then go right ahead. For the most part the replies were civil. Then you have to go and start your usual nonsense.

There is more of my opinion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:06 pm 

dude kramuti your post count just achieved 1337

Offline Profile