Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am

Post subject: HUv1.7b Download
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm 

Below are lots of links to download HUv1.7b packages. These contain the changes mentioned in the v1.7b changes suggestion thread. Each package includes the core files and webpages within it to help simplify installation. Once you've got your package:
  • D2SE users should make a new HUv1.7b folder in their Mods folder, decompress their package into it, and start D2SE.
  • Non-D2SE users should decompress their package into their Diablo2:LoD v1.10 folder, then run d2modsetup.bat, and then start D2.
  • All users should double check that programs are being run with administrator privileges, compatibility for WinXP (or similar), etc. Don't be afraid to post or read in TechSupport if you're running into trouble.
  • Review the webpages, they have a lot of information describing Uniques, Sets, Cube Recipes, White Weapons and Armor, Runewords, Gems and Runes, Boss stats, Monster properties (mostly the spells they counter-attack with), etc. If you want to use the javascript features of the Prefix and Suffix pages, then I don't recommend Chrome because the filter button will not collapse the table rows. If you have to use Chrome, then after filtering use the search feature to look for "Group", since that will appear only on the visible rows and let you jump quickly through a long list with lots of blank area.

Solo vs Multiplayer
In the Solo version, monster attacks and spells do 20% less damage. If you intend to play on the realm, then you will be playing Multiplayer regardless of what you downloaded. When playing TCP/IP, the host's files are used. There are also these changes in Solo for easy testing or to let folks play however they're comfortable:
  1. UniqueItems.txt,
    • PowerOverwhelming SmallCharm with +33%AllDamage +100%EnhancedDamage +1Teleport. One of these effectively reduces monster HP by 25%, two of them reduces by 40%, three of them reduces by 50%.
    • Show me the Mana SmallCharm with +33%Mana +33%SkillDuration +1Teleport. One of these effectively reduces spell costs by 25%, two of them reduces by 40%, three of them reduces by 50%.
  2. Cubemain.txt,
    • SmallCharm + Antidote = PowerOverwhelming
    • SmallCharm + MP Potion= Show me the Mana
    • AnyItem = Eth Unique and Set of that base item. This is also handy to double items like Gems and Glyphs.
    • Eth Unique = Non-Eth Unique.
    • HP Potion + MP Potion = Respec Potion

NewMusic (380MB) vs OldMusic (130MB)
Once upon a time, Soulmancer introduced some new music for boss fights and some town themes. Those new pieces of music are included in the NewMusic version, but note that these nearly triple the size of the download. If you choose OldMusic, then you'll still have the traditional Diablo2 music. Note that for some people, Diablo2 has a bug where it will mute your music volume without telling you, so if you have no music at all, then check your Options screen first. The OldMusic packages are named with "NoMusic" because they do not contain a Music folder (so D2 will use it's own).

HighResolution vs NormResolution
NormResolution supports up to 800x600 while HighResolution (I think) supports 1024x768. The game screen radius at HighResolution is about 15% more than at NormalResolution. Most skills and effects were designed with NormalResolution in mind (their radius might seem painfully small on HighRes), but HighResolution has the advantage that you'll see monsters slightly earlier than Normal. This is the most arbitrary choice, pick one and have fun.

7Zip
7Zip is a program for compressing files. These files are being stored across a few DropBox accounts and InternetArchive, so could become inactive without warning.

Chinese Translation
Instructions, MPQ: 7Zip , 7Zip

HUv1.7b Download Links
Download one of the packages based on your preference of Solo vs Multi, HighRes vs NormRes, NewMusic vs OldMusic.
  • NormRes OldMusic Solo: 7Zip
  • NormRes OldMusic Multi: 7Zip
  • NormRes NewMusic Solo: 7Zip
  • NormRes NewMusic Multi: 7Zip
  • HighRes NewMusic Solo: 7Zip
  • HighRes NewMusic Multi: 7Zip
  • HighRes OldMusic Solo: 7Zip
  • HighRes OldMusic Multi: 7Zip

There are a few things to consider when you get started:
  • Many Cube recipes changed (1 or 2 Runes upgrade to next Rune, AdaHammer + 2 SStone Gems upgrade Basic to Exceptional, etc). The Webpages are organized by input item, so crafted recipes are in "RecipesMagical".
  • Skill investment is limited to once per two levels, this was done to help balance skill damage and give your character more time to grow into the mana cost increase.
  • Rejuv potions benefit from Vit-Doubling (Rejuv's 20% sometimes acts as 40%). During testing we noticed some randomness creeped into them (occasionally heal 0% to 100%). I think it's a cool feature, use them cautiously.
  • +AllSkills is useful early game to awaken hidden passives skills and make sure you benefit from a few other passives like CriticalStrike, ElementalMasteries, or WeaponMasteries. The hidden passives give you +3 ARating and +1/2% ShieldBlock when you invest in Strength, but until you change +AllSkills or rejoin a game you won't see the changes. If you need those Strength bonuses (makes a big difference for a level 1 char who dumped all their points into Strength) then use a 2-handed weapon or Basic Class item (always has +1Skills) on-switch until you're level 10, after that you won't be leveling up fast enough to feel like you're missing out. It has to be "+AllSkills", since no class owns the hidden passives.
  • Don't forget that portal-bosses that die from Thorns, Aura-pulses, and BladeShield will not spawn portals. Switch auras, unsummon SpiritOfBarbs, etc, to ensure the onDeath portal opens.
  • The optional "Challenge Bosses" can be fought when you cube the Gidbinn quest reward with the ReturnTomb (found under Tristram) and then right-click the scroll bought at Akara in A1.
  • The AkaraRings rewarded for freeing Cain are described here. Trade AkaraRings with other players or cube some together to make a new AkaraRing if you received one with buffs for a different class. +ClassSkills rare rings won't spawn until level 70.
  • To make more items shoppable at Vendors, I organized the Vendor's sell-lists by the Strength requirement of the items. Low-Str are at Akara, Drognan, Ormus, and Malah; High-Str are at Gheed, Elzix, Asheara, and Anya. Lysander and Alkor have class items of each strength tier for convenience.
  • Gem shrines can upgrade Perfect to Starstone, and gem shrines are as common as most other shrines. You shouldn't have trouble getting a couple StarStone gems if you need to upgrade a weapon to help with Duriel.

Last edited by Brevan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HUv1.7 Download
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:52 pm 

When will the servers reset?

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:14 pm 

That's up to Duff, and I wouldn't expect it this week since there's a good chance he's busy. Like everyone else, Duff was told that we wouldn't be ready until January, so he might not even be checking the forum for a few days. A few of the Testers have been looking into establishing some more Hosts, since usually a reset gets a few extra players online for the first few months.

You're still welcome to try a bit of v1.7 offline, review cube recipes, etc. Lots of folks have mentioned that there are significant changes synergy wise. Consider trying a build you've never tried before. Alternatively try a straightforward build until you get a better understanding of the changes, and then try an odd build when the realms are up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:40 pm 

Where is changelog? Ive found Readme for modding HUv1.7.txt but thats not really what i was looking for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:14 pm 

I couldn't think of a good way to include a changelog, so in the CoreFiles download, I included the design document for v1.7.

It has a section for skills that's pretty readable. I balanced most skills as AoE (hitting many monsters for 5/25th (20%) of their HP) and SingleTarget (hits one monster for 15/25th (60%) of their HP). There are a lot of skills, so there are lots of in-between cases or exceptions.

If you have trouble understanding the design, then it might be simpler to create a character of the class you wanted, and look at skill synergies: if all the skill synergies seem like attack skills then it's probably going to be a glass-cannon, if all the synergies are defensive then it's probably a tanking build, otherwise there are a lot of in-between cases because there are a lot of build (about 8 per class).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm 
Game Server Host

I moved a load of stickies with information and changes etc. in them into the suggestions forum.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:55 pm 

Looks like 'Old Music' files are titled as 'NoMusic'

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:32 pm 

That's right, there's no new music in those files. I labeled the links with OldMusic vs NewMusic since that made it more clear that there's always music in the game, but I had already uploaded the "NoMusic" and "AllMusic" files to servers for hosting. At the time, it made sense to use "NoMusic" for the package name because the patch_d2.mpq file contains no music files within it (thus D2 is forced to use it's traditional music files).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:33 am 

Makes kinda sense now.
Thanks for all the time and work you put into making this patch.
I also like the idea with the torrent download, I will be seeding for a few weeks at least.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 am 

How to install plugy and reset skill points ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:28 am 

Great stuff. Thanks to you and Pure Rage for all the goodies!

Also, thanks for taking the time to have multiple options on downloads. We did away with this for awhile mainly due to it being a pain (we were working with several folks so it got even messier). It was notably missed by several folks. And yippee the HU music is back!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:37 am 

I'm having a problem with using d2se. I've downloaded the HUv1.7 into the mods folder and expanded it also the normal res solo version. I keep getting the msg: could not locate c:/users/mark/diabloll/mods/HUv1.7/d2se_setup.ini. What have I done wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am 

The file D2SE_SETUP.ini is part of the CoreFiles download (about 29 files). Decompress the CoreFiles into your /mods/HUv1.7/ folder and try again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:49 am 

ok I decompress the corefiles into my mods/HUv1.7 folder. Get the same msg. I've looked in the folder and there is d2se_setup file which is a config file not an ini file or is this the ini file.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:01 am 

If your computer is setup to show file extensions, then that file should show up as d2SE_setup.ini (.ini is a variety of text-based config file). I'm not sure why you would get an error message if you've decompressed all the files from CoreFiles and NormResSolo package (about 31 files total between the two downloads).

When you start D2SE, double check that you've selected (or double-click) the banner for HUv1.7, and press the "Start plugin" button in the top right. I'm not sure where else things could go wrong.

I suppose you could download another CoreFiles package just in case the orginal download got corrupted.

Perhaps the error is related to permissions (d2se_setup.ini would need to be opened for editing by the D2SE program, but since you've put it in your Users folder maybe permissions are an issue?). Double check that you're running it as Administrator.

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:10 am 

when I double clicked on your banner I got a dll error msg cannot find suitable iij11.dll Make sure you have the right d2coreplugin installed for D2 version 1.10f or place this dll inside mod/language_xxx or modfolder. Actually I get the other msg of the d2se_setup.ini file when I click on the start D2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:20 am 

Does your D2SE or DiabloII normally run alright from your Users folder? I'm trying to figure out what could be different between your installation and mine, and the folder permissions is the main thing I can see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:24 am 

this is my first time using d2se. I have just downloaded d2se and installed it tonight. In the past and for v1.6c I have not used d2se.

And btw thanks for the help.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:35 am 

For now, I can only guess that the problem and solution is something related to being new to D2SE, rather than the v1.7 files. Consider searching the tech support forum to see if anything sounds related. The main things I can think of are:
1) Consider moving the diablo2 folder to C:/diablo2/ (unless your current location was working fine for HUv1.6c, in which case maybe the Users folder persmissions aren't messing with you)
2) Right-click the D2SE application and select Properties, and in that window's Compatibility tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for WinXP service pack2" and check "Run this program as Administrator". I can't guess what other features could be important without knowing your OS.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 pm 

Tested pally in a single no sounds of auras. Need fix

I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn't open. The only thing I had was cracks. I'd do everything to get through those cracks - scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open, and it's as big as a garage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:04 pm 

I've prepared a small patch in the Homemade Modifications forum for those who want the aura sounds returned.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:52 pm 

Tested it, ty vm Brevan its added gameplay for me:)

I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn't open. The only thing I had was cracks. I'd do everything to get through those cracks - scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open, and it's as big as a garage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm 

Is static field reduced by resist or is it just 5% health per cast to a cap based on difficulty?

Is the only passive skill unlocked by using all skills +3 ar and half of a block % per strength point?

edit - some observations:
90% energy on sorc, max warmth, can't support any spell casting for any amount of time. I'm chugging pots every other mob. I'm not going to try very long to see if gets better as I level, but a small mana per kill bonus to warmth would make sense if it's just an early game thing.

90% of the skill synergies on don't make any sense. Two element and 3 element splits on skills seems awful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:07 pm 

One of the goals behind v1.7 was to force long-time players of HU to explore things again - new builds, play styles, etc. That exploration will make v1.7 seem tougher initially.

Angel wrote:
Is static field reduced by resist or is it just 5% health per cast to a cap based on difficulty? It's Lightning damage, and is reduced by lightning resistance. CrushingBlow (similar effect) is physical damage.

Is the only passive skill unlocked by using all skills +3 ar and half of a block % per strength point? No, there are a couple hidden passives. Together they give the stats of all SpellMasteries (fire, cold, ltng, pois, mag), IronSkin, and the Strength effects you mentioned. I bring up the Strength stats mostly because it would kinda suck to make a fresh character and spend your points in Strength but get no ARating as you head out into BMoor to level. As mentioned, the fix is to buy something with +Skills with the extra starting money, or turn over rocks until something with the +Skills automod drops.

There are cases where, to solve the State-Cap issue found in December, prerequisites were made between a few skills with similar states, and in those cases the prerequisite skill's state is what actually gives the stats of the other skill (e.g. If you invest some points in CriticalStrike, you'll need to quickly weapon-swap or something so that Pierce's level changes and you receive the new CriticalStrike stats).

edit - some observations:
90% energy on sorc, max warmth, can't support any spell casting for any amount of time. I'm chugging pots every other mob. I'm not going to try very long to see if gets better as I level, but a small mana per kill bonus to warmth would make sense if it's just an early game thing. If you've just started the character, then consider using a dagger, they have +HP/MPperKill (throwing daggers might even provide a decent ranged attack alternative). Other solutions might be to cast on targets being tanked by other players or a merc (so less MP is spent on missed targets), spending more time dodging while your MP regenerates (i.e. change of play style), or picking up mana potions as they drop in addition to buying them.

90% of the skill synergies on don't make any sense. Two element and 3 element splits on skills seems awful. When you encounter critters immune to your element, then skills for the other elements make more sense. I designed skill synergies around play styles (e.g. AoE+SingleTarget+Defense) rather than the same element. I figured that could be a fun change, and it makes it easier to design fewer obsolete skills in the end-game. If you do decide to play a single-element Sorc, then definitely max the Mastery for that element, since you'll need the -%Res. Sorc builds with multi elements can get by with single-pointing the Masteries, since they can just switch to an element the monster is weak to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 pm 

Yeah I figured out static, it sucks. Anything with resist just slam it into barely hurting, even on normal.

My charged bolt costs 40 mana, i have 160 mana, it's awful as fuck. My experience can be defined as the sorc begging me for more mana the entire playthough. Keep in mind this is almost all points in energy.

As for the synergies, this has always been an issue, which is why you make a merc capable of dealing with them or have other players. Did you remove pierce and % damage from the game? Because even if you had enough points to max two full synergies of elements, one is going to do damage and the other isn't. I also forsee a huge power drought the second you max a skill, because the synergies are so weak. 2%? In general points have always felt powerful if you spent them, currently I barely even see a difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note my buddy is trying to install. Followed the directions with the core and the following patch files. But he gets this error.

https://i.gyazo.com/66c5142ba6560d66064 ... 8fc1bc.png

I gave him my version of that, he then got this error.

https://i.gyazo.com/152714c8fa7210e9825 ... c52402.png

Gave him that, goes to another MPQ. d2sfx iirc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 pm 

It looks similar to the error posted by mrportertx in a previous page. He hasn't gotten the chance to reply, so I'd have to give the same suggestions:
1) Make sure you're running D2SE as Administrator, make sure it's in compatibility mode for WinXP (SP2 worked for me)
2) Consider installing outside of ProgramFiles and the Users folder, since each have exciting Permissions that we don't want to deal with. Those permissions could explain why D2SE isn't allowed to find the resources it needs.

I'm sorry CBolt isn't working out for you. It's quite remarkable to get it to such a high level (costing 40 is about level 15 I think), but ending up around 160MP. For comparison, I've got a level 50 Sorc (CBolt+IBlast+Inferno) with level 20 CBolt (costs 48), but she's got 450MP, so I can see where you'd be struggling. If you're trying the same build, then consider walking straight up to frozen targets before using CBolt, I found a zero-range cast kills stuff pretty quick, and it's not like frozen stuff fights back. If you're going with the CBolt+TK+CLightning build, then keep in mind that CBolt is balanced around AoE damage (although the zero-range strategy works well), so maybe using TK for single targets is a better idea. For higher level skills, their damage is often higher than their mana cost justifies, so feel free to switch to them while the lower level skills are gaining synergy effects. A1 Cold merc uses IceArrow a lot, so might provide a safe way for you to use CBolt at zero range (but maybe wait for EShield anyways, since it sounds like yours will have a lot of MP behind it later).

For SField, yeah I'd agree that 5% is terrible damage for trash (AoE spells should be doing about 20%), it's more of a boss-killing skill (kind of like how CrushingBlow works wonders on bosses, but isn't very noticeable on trash).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 pm 

The spell delay kills it. Needs to chunk harder or be spammable imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 am 

It's unfortunate you weren't available to try the test version of 1.7, since SField didn't have the CDelay. During testing it was considered too strong (e.g. I know of a Sorc who brought Norm Duriel down to 50% HP before her team mates managed to walk from the staff-orifice to join her (to be fair, Duriel is weak to lightning)). I've misplaced the discussion related for SField's change, but I think it ends up being twice as strong as a SingleTarget skill for bosses if you've spent points reducing the CastDelay, and it's as strong as SingleTarget skills if you've 1-pointed it.

If you're going the CBolt+TK+CLtng build with a decent EShield, then a 1-pt investment in SField is probably worthwhile (your EShield is probably alright for a mid-range SField cast, and you could spam TK during the delay (or use SField in a kiting strategy)).

Consider starting a Strategy&Tactics thread about uses for SField.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:38 am 

Honestly doesn't sound like a problem, the skill is designed to cut the HP of the boss, if it's too imbalanced you can always raise the minimum health.

Can't even imagine eshield being viable when I can't even keep my mana steady in a full energy build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 am 

eshield is legit now that mana burn isn't broken (it doesn't one-shot your bulb anymore), but yea, on every sorc I tested I was massing Lum sockets. As always, you need to hit "critical mass" on your mana bulb before your regen is strong enough to handle the spamming of abilities. Even then, you will need to drink mana pots on the higher mp cost skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:42 am 

Well sapps aren't giving me mana anymore in the lower versions, no idea in the higher ones I didn't bother to look.

Energy barely affects my mana anymore, level ups are about the same.

Granted I didn't play very far, I am not going to play much further, Just wanted to get a base line of what to expect. But it feels wrong to put virtually all of my points into energy, max one skill plus warmth, and still have mana problems.

And if this is any indication, I am assuming everything is going to have mana problems, and that is going to be a fucking shame. The concept of mana is awful. If it is meant to be a limiting factor in dps, potions shouldn't exist. Having high mana costs just mean that you're obligated to sit there drinking mana pots the whole time. The obvious solution to a mana problem is points in energy, it creates value I guess, but at the same time it's no lomger making an impact. In past iterations when I made es sorcs, mana was never an issue early on because energy was impactful. Now it feels like it isn't. Many mods correlated energy with spell damage to give it value as opposed to mana being a limiting factor. And this version is by far the worst, where mana is limiting and energy isn't a remedy.

In any case I hope this is merely a number issue on charged bolt's mana costs instead of an entire concept on everythings mana cost. Because I don't find meticulously having to manage my mana fun.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:32 am 

I'm trying to load up the non d2se HUv1.7. What I have is windows 7. I've put into my diablo folder diablo with ver 1.10. Then downloaded HU1.7 and the sound file and put them into my diablo folder and expanded the 1.7. I've done the d2mod.setup. When I start diablo ll I get the blizzard screen and the blizzard start screen not the Hell unleashed screen of the diablo mask. What am I missing.

Thanks for the help

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 am 

Try doing mod setup multiple times until it says uninstall, then install it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 am 

I've done that multi times get the same

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 am 

when u do the 1.10 that is fine. the question is in the download for ver 1.7 does it have the hu exec of diablo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 am 

Did you download the core?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 am 

mrporter wrote:
...When I start diablo ll I get the blizzard screen and the blizzard start screen not the Hell unleashed screen of the diablo mask. What am I missing...
You mentioned earlier that you downloaded the NormResolution version, which should have the traditional Blizzard menu screens (at least in did in HUv1.3). I think what you are remembering is the HighResolution version, which has a custom start screen because the traditional start screen animation was never scaled to the higher resolution. Check that in the bottom left of the menu screen it shows "D2MOD SYSTEM 1.03". That should indicate that you've run D2ModSetup successfully.

Are you able to start a character? Does an Amazon have Pierce available at char level 1, and does it give 12%Pierce with 6%ARating? Do Bows have 10 Strength in addition to Dex requirements? These numbers were part of the last update, so if you see them then you might be good to go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:24 am 

Yes the menu screen shows D2MOD SYATEM 1.03. However I can start a game and create a zon but the skill screen, the char screen, skill screen and inventory all have the orginal diablo screen. In other word its the small stash and inventory and it does not have the char screen with all the new items like blocking etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:54 am 

I'm not too familiar with those symptoms, but they might be indicating that the program isn't being run with the permissions to use the other files in that folder (this is usually caused by installing into ProgramFiles, but I think you mentioned installing into your Users folder (which also has exciting permissions we're better off avoiding)).

If you haven't done it already, consider copy-pasting your Diablo folder to C drive, i.e. C:/DiabloII/, and then running d2modsetup again (if it says "uninstall?" say yes and run it again). You'll still need to run D2 in compatibility mode and as Administrator (Win7 itself has some pretty harsh permissions when it comes to programs editing files (i.e. saving your characters when you exit a game) that an older game like D2 wasn't programmed to navigate).

If you're not allowed to do that on that computer, let me know, and I'll try to research where on Win7 it stores user files generated by programs (I recall on Win8.1 it's in a hidden folder that's oddly hard to find). We could try "installing" v1.7 in that folder to see if it helps.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 am 

ok I made a c:/diablo7 folder copied everything into it from my ...user/diablo folder. Ran the d2mod with the compatibility windows xp sp3 and disable last 3 items and ran as admin and same when I did the diablo.exe. Got same thing. So question is in the core for HUv1.7 does it have the changes for the new formats cause v1.10 does not as far as I know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:55 am 

I tried saying there were problems.. I said there were to many issues to list it would take me all day.. The fact that a sorc has to drink mana like a mad ass after putting most of your stat points into it is insane.. I also said the damage output sucks because you can't achieve full pierce ... Melee fighters can't even achieve there max frames in a attack ...As I said I can go on and on but owell.. Nevermind

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:24 pm 

mrporter wrote:
ok I made a c:/diablo7 folder copied everything into it from my ...user/diablo folder. Ran the d2mod with the compatibility windows xp sp3 and disable last 3 items and ran as admin and same when I did the diablo.exe. Got same thing. So question is in the core for HUv1.7 does it have the changes for the new formats cause v1.10 does not as far as I know.
Sorry for the frustration and hassle. I don't use Win7, so I've run out of ideas to try right now short of downloading another set of CoreFiles and NormResSolo and starting from scratch. Next week I should have access to a fresh Win7Pro computer, and it's owner probably won't mind if I install D2 onto it and try to reproduce the situation you've found. I'll also try installing via the simplest option (Install D2 outside of privileged folders, install D2SE (this is more modern that D2, it seems to work better with post-Win98 OS), introduce HUv1.7 files, run the D2SE shortcut with compatibility checked), and see if that works. I'm pretty sure some of the Testers and other people playing are also using Win7, so I can only guess that the issue we're encountering is a corrupted download of the v1.7 files, or an OS setup/feature that I don't know about.

@Asteroth
You're welcome to go on and in detail, but it's not likely that the modders of v1.8 or v1.9 will check this thread for your input. Consider making a thread in the suggestions forum that includes the features of HU that are important to you and your friends, and that you'd all like to see in all future versions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:11 am 

You just don't get it do you.. People play these mods for for a harder D 2 and great loot for there time spent.. What gets me is that you and Kevin went out of your way to take all these things out of HU.. The builds as I said are herendis ... You can go on and on all you want but nerfing the shit out of Terry's mod isn't what he intended he wanted people to expand it and make it better.. and this isn't better..And for your information I already been asked to help with 1.8 . Sad as it is I only see very little from 1.7 staying lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 am 

Asteroth wrote:
... I already been asked to help with 1.8...
Excellent, I look forward to seeing it.

As a reminder for folks who haven't visited the forums often this year, HUv1.8 was never intended to take after v1.7 (it seems a waste to abandon the work others have put in after HUv1.3). When I agreed to help with v1.7 it was with the understanding that v1.8 would be based on v1.6 (it's up to the modder of course, but v1.6 makes sense). Ideally, while v1.7 is on the Realm, the v1.8 modders and testers will be developing their project. That team is welcome to use anything from v1.7 though (maybe an item or stat idea, or maybe Legion or the SorrowLord's features, but I'd expect the monster-spell damage implementation to be the most attractive feature (the changes from v1.7Multi to v1.7Solo take about 5 minutes of work and very little testing)). The Webpage Maker can be a useful modding tool too.

When v1.8 replaces v1.7 on the Realm, it would be nice if some modders would improve v1.7 however they like and release it as v1.9. Personally, I thought it would be neat if v1.8 emphasized boss battles again, while v1.9 emphasized trash battles again. Hopefully there will be other differences than just Trash vs Bosses, to keep players exploring and learning about new features.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 am 

is there a readme included in the non d2se ? i cant seem to find it . runeword list / crafting recipes and the design description ? if your able to find or lead me in a direction of it. Anyone ? Thank you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:55 am 

The CoreFiles download has two .txt files, one is intended for whoever wants to mod v1.7 (anyone is welcome to read it though), and the other is the design of v1.7 (section 9 shows skill info). The webpages for runewords and crafting were linked to in the opening post, but here's another link. The recipe pages are organized by input quality, so crafted items would be found in "RecipesMagical" rather than "RecipesCrafted" (this is for upgrading or tempering a crafted item).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 pm 

Tested patch. So madness, all summons grow sucks, terribly weak damages from casters, deleted leo from cain's quest area. How can talk about balance? Hell bosses now droping items from normal.. wtf

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:05 pm 

It's hard to make boss battles entertaining. If you could emulate wowlike mechanics in a boss battle, similar to azmo in diablo 3, perhaps you could have some sort of decent balance in it.

But in general the status quo has been tankable without healer, tankable with healer, and untankable. Beyond that there is usualky survivable damage, unsurvivable damage, and unavoidable unsurvivable damage. Survivable would be something like duriel's counter of the ceiling falling. Unsurvivable would be something like getting slapped with darkness tornado point blank. And unavoidable unsurvivable is something like los paladin countering foh that 1 hits you with bo and oak.

Tanking with a healer usually moves up to tanking without as gear increases, minus undead mobs you can lifesteal. And untankable mobs are not fun at urvivall. Not because having something be untankable isn't a viable fight, but they're done all wrong, and this could be just because of how the game engine runs. But something thay you physically can't survive a single hit removes melee from the fight. Some of these fights are also made melee unfriendly due to counters. While you may be able to tank your own counters when allied rdps counters hit you it's unsustainable. Imo mobs of this nature should have telegraphed abilities that one hit you. Like a meteor that falls in patterns that will one hit you if they hit you, opposed to darkness who has a telestomp counter with a chance to cast tornado. Or the frosty bitch in baal who throws shurikens that two hit most all classes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:19 am 

Well I've tried again this time I have started from scratch. First reloaded Diablo II then the expansion and backup this folder then ran the patch 1.10 then the HUv1.7. I ran all these with compatability of xp with sp 3 and admin. I put all this in c:/. When I start diablo 2 the main screen bottom left say 1.10 and d2mod system 1.03 gateway say arimyth network. When I click on Single Player and add a zon char the inventory screen shows a teleport scroll in the inventory. Meaning for some reason its not picking up the hell unleashed patch 1.7.
Whats wrong why is it not picking up hell unleash 1.7.

From the backup I created above I loaded up the 1.10 patch, the HUv1.5, then the HUv1.6 lite. Started diablo and 1.6c comes up fine. Why am I having a problem with 1.7.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:54 am 

@Deathscythe
Leo is under the Tristram Cathedral, he drops a very useful charm that can be upgraded when you unlock the Challenge missions.

@mrporter
I had the chance to install D2 to a Win7 machine recently, but didn't exhaustively experiment settings. I got HUv1.7 running with D2SE.

Pretty sure I didn't miss anything relevant to getting things working, clearly some irrelevant steps:
  1. Installed D2 to E:/Games/DiabloII/, ran VidTest
  2. Installed LoD
  3. Patched to v1.10
  4. Tried to run game, but often had error c0000005 (common error, seems to have many causes)
  5. Ran game with compatibility for WinXPsp3 Administrator, still error c0000005 (rebooting usually helps solve this error)
  6. Rebooted computer, ran game but still error (didn't check which one, but could have been c0000005)
  7. Installed D2SE
  8. Ran D2SE as D2:LoD v1.10 Vanilla with compatibility for WinXPsp3 Administrator, success (didn't make a character though, quit at startup screen)
  9. Copied over v1.7 CoreFiles and NormRes_AllMusic_Solo to /DiabloII/MODS/HUv1.7/
  10. Decompressed files into that folder (so /DiabloII/MODS/HUv1.7/ contained about 30 files, such as patch_d2.mpq and D2Game.dll)
  11. Ran D2SE as HUv1.7 using Glide with compatibility for WinXPsp3 Administrator, success (made a Barb char, confirmed recent changes (e.g. WeapMasteries), leveled him to 2 in BMoor). I left the "-direct -txt" checkboxes in D2SE on when I pressed the "start plugin" button, but I already know those are irrelevant since there's no data folder to read.

Notes:
  1. Besides "Run As Administrator" and "WinXPsp3", no other compatibility settings seem important.
  2. Since I ran D2SE, I never had to run D2modsetup.bat (D2SE.ini handles this anyway).
  3. I should have configured Glide before running with it, but it worked.
  4. I'm not sure why things weren't working without D2SE, I'm sorry I didn't have time to test without it.

If you can spot anything in the list that helps you find the problem, excellent. Otherwise the only thing I can think of to suggest is to redownload the CoreFiles, and if that doesn't fix the problem, then redownload the v1.7 package data again to see if that fixes it.

<edit> Forgot to mention that it was installed outside of the OS drive (pretty sure only ProgramFiles and User's folder are ones to avoid (or at least research the Win7 permissions workarounds)) </edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm 

Does this being stickied mean the servers are rotating to 1.7 soon? Or does someone other than duff have forum access to sticky posts?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm 

I believe any Moderator is allowed to sticky posts. The version download posts are usually stickied so they don't get lost as the year progresses.

As SlappyNuts mentioned, we were hoping for Friday the 13th, but since Duff hasn't had the chance to visit the forum recently, there's a chance that when he notices the request he might simply not have time. I think Friday the 13th would be neat. We've only been able to get one extra working server (Franky).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 am 

Brevan! Well I finally got it to load up. My 2 major problems were I'm getting too old and my eyes are fading. I don't think you or anyone else can fix those problems after all I'm only 68 years old.
To be more specific when I read the first post and what to download I read the links for the core files and other download as one word (7Zip WinZip BitTorrent). In the first post these were underlined and I didn't notice the space in between them. I didn't realized that you create 3 different file formats. So I keep downloading the 7zip file for the core files and the bittorrent for the music files. I didn't know what a bit torrent file was but I downloaded. And if you remember in one of my post I was asking where does the actual format for the new patch is -- well in the music download part contains the d2mod ini file and the actual patch.

Anyway some time its hard to see the trees thru the forest and some times its hard to see the forest thru the trees.

Thank you for your time and effort in trying to discover my problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 am 

I'm glad you've gotten things up and running. You never mentioned downloading the webpages, so I've revised the opening post to mention those as one of three important downloads (most edits were to the top of the post). I think most people might have overlooked that resource.

Before I started collaborating with PureRage and designing with the HU Community in mind, I considered builds that a friend of mine could play despite having mild arthritis. He enjoyed the Baldur's Gate series, and Diablo certainly looks similar, but it requires quite a bit more keyboard use and mouse clicks. HUv1.7 in particular requires more hand movement than Vanilla D2. I figured he might still be alright with a Paladin (right-click could stay as an aura to reduce micromanaging), especially a Healer (FoH auto-targets when mildly close, which can be a problem for some). Another decent build might be SkellyMancer (doesn't have to resummon as often as Golems) or a Druid that uses SpiritWolves (also Tanky, like most Skeletons). My friend ended up too busy to play, but it's likely that you've got friends in similar physical shape, so consider recommending those builds to them until they get used to things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 am 

It's nice to see you've allocated your friend to the two most insanely boring classes in the game while simultaneously nerfing the two classes that have entertainment value he could play.

No more bowas because that shit shoots out a literal inch. No more teeth because they suck dick now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:54 pm 

@Tsume
I suppose I was blind. Since I was away from the community for quite a while, I don't remember a reason to not work with PureRage. I can say that for the year of collaboration, he donated excellent improvements with hard coded or graphical edits that would have taken me much longer to implement, and his new level ideas and implementations seemed good to me. From a personality point of view, he was professional and reasonable.

@Angel
For some folks, playing to the limits of their dexterity is excitement enough, so different builds will seem fun to different people. The most boring playthrough I experienced in HU was with a Hardcore group that insisted on inching forward a couple monsters at a time. I prefer a playstyle where my characters die occasionally, since it feels like they were being pushed to their limits. To each their own.

It's unfortunate if bowa only means MultiShot to most players. In v1.7, I've found time to try 2.5 of the 5 intended Bow builds, and they seemed alright (I'd agree that phys based Bow builds are relatively strong (leach, ethereal bows, etc), but they didn't seem worth editing -- there should be some easy builds for new players who aren't looking for a challenge).

I like how MultiShot and Teeth effectively have free PierceTarget when you click far past the first monster (this clumps your missiles together, and since only one can hit, the others "pierce" to hit the monsters directly behind). That free piercing effect is why MultiShot synergizes with GuidedArrow (the only other bow skill that doesn't really care about Pierce). MultiShot+GArrow (with a summon) and Teeth+BSpirit (with BWall) are very similar play styles. If folks struggle with the dexterity to clump or spread Teeth in tight situations, then consider BSpear instead (it's kind of fun to line monsters up along a BWall and then BSpear them). Since BSpirit doesn't pierce it's target and come back for more damage, it didn't seem fair for GArrow to pierce (it already leaches, procs onStrike effects, travels faster, goes around corners, etc).

On Normal resolution, Multishot starts at about 1/3 the screen radius, and by level 15 it will reach about the edge of the screen. Forcing a player to enter a dangerous range is one method of making such a powerful (maybe boring) skill more entertaining. I could imagine where 6 yards would appear small on HighRes, but that dissatisfaction is one of the minor penalties to balance the advantages of HighRes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 am 

Everything seems cool, its a nice work, the changelog and patch notes got me excited once again and im coming back for this season :)

Keep it going with the good work, its really appreciated.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:32 am 

Bowa is the general term for a physical bowazon. For the other builds most people refer to them as firezon, icezon, or by their skill name such as frozen arrow. As for physical bowas, strafe isn't a viable skill, and trying to force it to become one just kills the class.

Strafe has multiple thorns in it's side that makes it an awful skill. First is it's targeting and how it functions. It works absolutely best in an environment like maggot lair, but such areas are very few and far between. But targeting aside, it has other issues, mostly the fact it plants you in place for the duration. This is such a huge issue in a mod where mobs throw out counters that 1-2 hit you if you fail your dodge roll. The last, probably most damning problem, is how it functions with dodge. The arrows visually go out but don't actually hit anything, so dodge-lock is a gigantic issue when a skill has such a long cast time.

The problem with people 'balancing' the patches is they see renditions of builds at their absolute prime. When whatever the fuck his name was(blue?) nerfed bone necros because of my bone necro, he was seeing a literal perfect bone necro kill bosses. What he didn't see was how abysmal the boss damage was during the progression process that I didn't even bother attacking outside of tagging the boss for someone to grab pots/run back. This same paradigm comes up with bowazons, in which they're almost never attacking the bosses. The few bosses they did attack were generally fire immune ones, otherwise having a fire character kill said bosses was more efficient. Every attack, every spell that generates counters is counterproductive to killing a boss. This is why common comps revolve around a boss killer like a poison nec/zon(in the past), blaze/firewall/hydra sorcs(more presently), or a melee that can face tank via leech and/or heals. This is why something like a necro/melee/healer is such a strong comp, because the melee doesn't abysmally on trash but the necro can clear it efficiently. When you get to bosses, the necro can amp.

A similar comp would be something like bowa/heal/firewall sorc, because the bowa had a decent capability of dealing with the fire immune bosses where as the firewall could kill everything else. Firewall is an absolutely AWFUL trash killing spell, which is where the bowazon came in, it just decimated trash. I don't know if you've ever actually played through the game without getting carried but boss fights aren't everyone contributing equally. It's actually mostly one person doing the work while the others provide buffs/debuffs and potions, and this is strictly because of counters.

With GA not piercing they're going to do no boss damage. If you don't know this, you obviously never played a bowa. Their damage is medicore at best during the leveling process even with access to twink gear like Max damage charms, crafted 4soc bows, damage jewels. They have that sweet window at 9 until about 30, after which they fall off for a long time. I played a bowa when GA didn't pierce, they don't do bosses, they don't even fucking attack bosses because it doesn't even move the bar. All it does is throw out chaos and kill your party. So you've effectively thrown them into a model of trash killer, which they can't perform because you nerfed multi into the ground.

So now we don't do boss damage because GA can't function as a boss killer anymore, multi is not an applicable skill for killing trash, so you've essentially forced anyone wanting to play any sort of bow character to roll the dice on your shitty numbers for frost damage/fire damage. Strafe isn't usable.

As for elemental damage as boss killers, here's a little lesson on how it works. The only lightning based build capable was trappers. Other than that, the damage isn't high enough to matter. Completely geared TK/ES sorcs can do bosses like diablo, but a similarly geared poison zon in that patch killed him in 2 hits. Fire can kill bosses, but specifically two types of skills. Fire traps or hydras that remove the danger of counters from the equation, or slow hitting/no hitting ramp up fire patches. Blaze/firewall is an example of no hitting, ramp up damage. Meteor is a slow hitting ramp up damage. Firezon, in the past, has had abysmal patch times which meant their ramp up was low but their damage was also low, and when you're shooting arrows at a boss @ 3.5 a second you get shitloads of counters thrown at you. This was why they were crippled as a viable build. Frost has very few applications where it is viable. Blizzard has a quick cast followed by downtime, where you can evade counters, though it's RNG how many come out it's usually minimal. fOrb can kill bosses, but it throws out an absurd amount of counters, which on certain fights is a death sentence. Anything targeted you can deal with, anything going out in a spread is virtually impossible. Magic was never viable boss killer at level. Overgeared all the elements can bruteforce through things. Nerfing things based on their bruteforce ability to kill things is what killed classes.

I forget that guys name but he had a poison nec at one point that could basically 2 hit any boss. He had completely perfect gear and a full set of skill GCs, whoever balanced nerfed them into the ground and they weren't playable for a couple patches. Poison zon was in a similar vein, except they got constant nerfs. Their original build was decidedly overpowered, and the numbers got nerfed. The next rendition was more in line with other classes, but still scaled extremely well in the end game, so they got their numbers and their mechanics nerfed. And then you have a class that has no viable means of killing trash efficiently and throwing out abysmal damage on bosses despite a maxed LR nec lowering res.

And this is how you end up with a barely functioning class like bowazon's current rendition. Instead of nerfing problem areas, you superficially nerf their abilities to neigh unplayable areas. Just like ensley nerfed their core mechanics into absurd requirements to get, like wearing optic amulet and a shitty belt to get the pierce you need to function. Lowering the dex bonus to bows, lowering bow base damage, if damage was an issue fix it don't break it.

GA isn't a melee ability, CB barely functions with it, and their ability to sustain leech is severally removed from an actual melee because they can't face tank and their moves get interrupted by dodge.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:50 pm 

Man, being the new guy here I was going to write a long post proving all of your whining..er.. I mean complaints wrong but as this thread grows older I realize you're one of those guys that is just going to complain to complain. Your post about Prayer being worthless just shows you know jack diddly about this patch so won't I waste much time.

You mentioned early in the thread you leveled a couple characters to like level 22. How about leveling to 70+ and making it to hell before you act like you know this patch inside and out? Speaking about the patch without actually experiencing the patch makes you look like a fool, at least to those of us that have played this patch on multiple character builds and into hell.

Most of your points you bring up are similar points one of our group members brought up as well. "My old builds don't work anymore so I can't apply my infinite knowledge and cheese my way through this patch either. Now I need to relearn the game." All we hear is "waaaaaaaah."

Isn't the whole point of major patches to switch up the meta? If you wanted to play the same old builds that have been tested and proven to beat all this content why don't you stick with 1.3? New patches are a new opportunity to switch things up, kill old builds that carried content in previous patches and create new builds to take their place. Now I can't speak for 1.3, but approaching this patch with the attitude of "I know nothing about this balance" I learned there are plenty of viable builds and I think Brevan did a pretty good job making more than one build per class a viable option. Builds do deserve more than one viable option do they not?

Maybe you should approach this patch with an open mind rather than wanting to apply all your old experience to a new patch. I mean if you want to just keep complaining that's fine too. You do you boo. I'm excited to show up some veteran HU players on this season's ladder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:07 am 

Oh I'm waiting to approach the patch with an 'open mind', if the servers ever switch before I lose interest.

He didn't reinvent the skill tree, he just applied a flat synergy base which makes the game stale, and tried to balance skills to doing a certain % of a base mob's health. This isn't a viable strategy in the fact that skills function utterly differently from each other. And unless he removed counters, the problem skills of the past will still be problem skills.

Ice bolt is the 'hardest hitting skill in the game' according to him, but orb outshines it after 3 bolts of it, AKA virtually impossible not to hit 3 bolts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:11 am 

I havent played the mod yet but is it me or you ppl bash this mod for no reason? or maybe u have other reasons to bash it? Or u just cant accept diffferent things and u want things to stay the same?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:22 am 

I tryed a couple of builds, playing multiplayer version in sp.

Summon druid
I started with a summons druid, just to see if poison vine was still op early game~ it is, just buy stamina pots to run through act one while you level up. Got lvl25.

Lightning bolt sorc
Next I tried a lightning bolt sorc with warmth/energy shield. It was great for the start but with the mana cost of lightning bolt quickly going up I couldn't keep up with the pots and the energy shield. Gotto lvl 21.

Holy shock pala
Holy shock is good for aoe without costsing mana played to lvl 33

MAsin
Martial arts sin seems a bit buggy for me with building up charges and releasing them. Most of the time when I use a skill nothing happens (lvl 21)

Strafezon
Strafe amazon was ok but a bit slow (got her to lvl 26)

Barb with 1 point in one-handed mastery and one point in double swing is still faster at killing then the strafe amazon with much more offensive placed skillpoints. Got this barb to lvl 28

Overall I am pretty happy to explore the new content. The new skill trees give many options.

A few bugs I ran into:
After killing rakanishu I got stuck in a bone prison, it had a lot of hitpoints and would have taken me at least 5 minutes to break free. I gave up on it after 30 seconds of hitting it and quit the game. The same think happened again in the underground passage going to the dark wood.
The wake of fire trap should be available from lvl 12 but is already available from lvl 6
On the holy shock paladin resist frost is somehow bugged. The character is lvl 33, I put 11 skillpoints in resist frost and can't put anymore. It has been like this for the last ~6 level-ups. Holy shock is at the same tier (available from lvl 12) and already has 15 skillpoints.
Sometimes skills on my right mouse button don't cast properly. In particular with battle command and decoy I had to click at least 2-3 times to get a successful spell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:40 am 

According to brevan the caps on cleansing and the resists are 10.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 am 

burkechrs1 wrote:
Isn't the whole point of major patches to switch up the meta?

That's a question. I might repeat myself, but to my knowledge Soulmancer never made a public statement as to what should happen to his mod. Once he abandoned it, all kind of incompetents wannabe jumped on the wagon like parasites and released non-sense shitfeast experiments for like 7 years now, with the exception of 1.3G ; probably an accident. Why do they have to mess with this mod ? Are they jealous of Soulmancer's mod popularity ? Are they too lazy to build their own mods and communities ? I do think so.

Now enjoy these new 2% IAS jewels, 2 life SC, lvl32 GA 1charge item, Skull Crusher axe, "Soulmancer's ViSSage", frosty Kuko Shakaku, "dragon insect" wyrms, skills' slower timer, messed synergies, Arreat Summit's ugly and idiotic straight line border, Faster Block mod everywhere, ETC... Looks like they tried to hide their incompetence by changing everything to confuse people. ATM I feel the few good new ideas are drowned into all this non-sense. But I will still give it a try because I loved HU ; and many other players do that too, not because they like the new patch of the time. Like I had already said, personally I'd be perfectly fine with keeping a good patch on and just reseting the realm once in a while, like Blizzard is doing on Bnet.

IMO, your question remains wide open. And I'd add, who decides, and why ? I think you should try to get the clearest possible answer.

burkechrs1 wrote:
why don't you stick with 1.3?

Sticking with 1.3 ? How, where ? From my point of view, they fucking HI-JACKED the mod, the realm and its already built community, and they IMPOSE their new patches that no one ever asked in the first place. Or am I mistaken ? If anything, it should be the other way around, them sticking with their mods, in their own realm.

I see a lot of new players here who don't understand what's the big deal, because they don't know how was HU before 1.4... Some older players voiced their opinion against unbalancing the mod, but most have abandoned the forum years ago after seeing the idiotic hypocritical fascist nature of the self-appointed leader ; discussing is indeed impossible with such persons.

But there is perhaps hope with Cory for a future patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:10 am 

Tsume wrote:
burkechrs1 wrote:
Isn't the whole point of major patches to switch up the meta?

That's a question. I might repeat myself, but to my knowledge Soulmancer never made a public statement as to what should happen to his mod. Once he abandoned it, all kind of incompetents wannabe jumped on the wagon like parasites and released non-sense shitfeast experiments for like 7 years now, with the exception of 1.3G ; probably an accident. Why do they have to mess with this mod ? Are they jealous of Soulmancer's mod popularity ? Are they too lazy to build their own mods and communities ? I do think so.

Now enjoy these new 2% IAS jewels, 2 life SC, lvl32 GA 1charge item, Skull Crusher axe, "Soulmancer's ViSSage", frosty Kuko Shakaku, "dragon insect" wyrms, skills' slower timer, messed synergies, Arreat Summit's ugly and idiotic straight line border, Faster Block mod everywhere, ETC... Looks like they tried to hide their incompetence by changing everything to confuse people. ATM I feel the few good new ideas are drowned into all this non-sense. But I will still give it a try because I loved HU ; and many other players do that too, not because they like the new patch of the time. Like I had already said, personally I'd be perfectly fine with keeping a good patch on and just reseting the realm once in a while, like Blizzard is doing on Bnet.

IMO, your question remains wide open. And I'd add, who decides, and why ? I think you should try to get the clearest possible answer.

burkechrs1 wrote:
why don't you stick with 1.3?

Sticking with 1.3 ? How, where ? From my point of view, they fucking HI-JACKED the mod, the realm and its already built community, and they IMPOSE their new patches that no one ever asked in the first place. Or am I mistaken ? If anything, it should be the other way around, them sticking with their mods, in their own realm.

I see a lot of new players here who don't understand what's the big deal, because they don't know how was HU before 1.4... Some older players voiced their opinion against unbalancing the mod, but most have abandoned the forum years ago after seeing the idiotic hypocritical fascist nature of the self-appointed leader ; discussing is indeed impossible with such persons.

Someone sounds cranky! :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:11 am 

Tsume wrote:
Like I had already said, personally I'd be perfectly fine with keeping a good patch on and just reseting the realm once in a while, like Blizzard is doing on Bnet.

That's my idea and what Hell Unleashed was for year. We would realize something is over powered and new patch would tone it down or nerf it while adding some slightly new content without reinventing the wheel.

Tsume wrote:

There's a lot of work that goes into this so if you are willing to help let me know.

I'm just debating whether to do a quick fix by balancing out a few character skills and items from 1.3 or doing a rebuild based on 1.3.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 am 

Cory wrote:
Tsume wrote:
Like I had already said, personally I'd be perfectly fine with keeping a good patch on and just reseting the realm once in a while, like Blizzard is doing on Bnet.

That's my idea and what Hell Unleashed was for year. We would realize something is over powered and new patch would tone it down or nerf it while adding some slightly new content without reinventing the wheel.

Tsume wrote:

There's a lot of work that goes into this so if you are willing to help let me know.

I'm just debating whether to do a quick fix by balancing out a few character skills and items from 1.3 or doing a rebuild based on 1.3.

But 1.7 is a rebuild based off of 1.3, not sure what your point is. Just because the numbers aren't 20% synergies or 80k dmg doesn't mean it's vastly different.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:18 am 

UmphreysMcgee wrote:
But 1.7 is a rebuild based off of 1.3, not sure what your point is. Just because the numbers aren't 20% synergies or 80k dmg doesn't mean it's vastly different.

It started as 1.3 as its base and then changed everything.

• Most the uniques are removed.
  • Most sets are removed.
  • Uniques and Sets that remain have been edited.
  • All skills have been edited.
  • Skill synergies make no sense.
  • Craft/rares are the strongest items, which means there is no need to farm anymore, just gamble/craft and gold farm.

Can you tell me why would you farm in hell in this patch? Just leo/cloister run with horker and stack gold to buy gems and crafting supplies.

I'm willing to give 1.7 a shot, I plan to play it. But I see some obvious downfalls and exploits for it and several character builds that are completely irrelevant.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:33 am 

I play from 1.21 and some changes are great ( trials , new locations )
Without changes HU gonna be boring, but 1.7 have to much ot them at once.
And HU need new admin or someone who can take care of resets, servers and
stop this shit about who makes patch better and who dont, maybe ask players whant they want

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am 

Cory wrote:
UmphreysMcgee wrote:

It started as 1.3 as its base and then changed everything.

• Most the uniques are removed.
  • Most sets are removed.
  • Uniques and Sets that remain have been edited.
  • All skills have been edited.
  • Skill synergies make no sense.
  • Craft/rares are the strongest items, which means there is no need to farm anymore, just gamble/craft and gold farm.

Is that what you deduced from a 30 minute readthrough of the notes?

- Most uniques in 1.3 that nobody used?
- Most sets in 1.3 that nobody used?
- Oh no, edited items? Please don't change anything! I can't play if I don't know everything!
- Most skills haven't changed at all. Some altered numbers but their functions are basically the same.
- Synergies per notes (and if you actually tested the patch that was put up in July) were put in place to promote more build diversity and less reliance upon synergies to make skills actually matter. And to promote characters being able to have more than one element to combat immunes.
Most synergies never made any sense in the first place - they were pretty much forced upon each player to actually do somehting with a skill. Ex: if you wanted a strong hydra, you had to max warmth, firebolt (pretty much useless and redundant with hydra) and enchant (no sense with that build tree). 100 out of 113 skill points sunk into making a character that pretty much casted hydra and waited for things to die. And if you didn't max those skills? Hydra was useless.
- Have you played and tried every item? Not all crafts and rares are the strongest, and a lot of uniques/sets have plenty of legitimately good mods that don't come via rares or crafts.

It's funny to see people say "Back in the good old days of 1.21 or 1.3" when overpowered builds ran rampant and everyone had an EZ button. Everyone complaining has no sense of seeking any sort of challenge.

Older versions are readily available to play single player, or hamachi, or even to set up your own server/realm if you so choose. Nobody took any action for a long time during a long downtime of 1.6 to start 1.7, so other people did, and now we have a bunch of babies who don't like it.

At least give it a try longer than a couple of hours.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:38 am 

UmphreysMcgee wrote:
It's funny to see people say "Back in the good old days of 1.21 or 1.3" when overpowered builds ran rampant and everyone had an EZ button. Everyone complaining has no sense of seeking any sort of challenge.

It's funny when I hear people bring this up, those are the people who never had a character past Nightmare yet they complained how easy the game was. :lol:

I've talked with Brevan for a while on this patch and done hours of testing. I just have my doubts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am 

Cory wrote:
UmphreysMcgee wrote:

It's funny when I hear people bring this up, those are the people who never had a character past Nightmare yet they complained how easy the game was. :lol:

I've talked with Brevan for a while on this patch and done hours of testing. I just have my doubts.

Do you remember the knockback LOS heros? So hard right? Or the stacking of skill GCs? Or the oskill masteries on end game weapons that tripled damage output? Please I've gone through every iteration of HU since before 1.21z, there was never a truly "difficult" version except for 1.4 when the boss locations were switched around and damage was spiked out of control.

Your doubts that you listed all scream "I made a character in hero editor and dabbled a bit"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 am 

Cory wrote:
[*] Most the uniques are removed.
[*] Most sets are removed.

True. The ability to upgrade more items makes some of their exceptional/elite upgrades redundant (and thus they were removed), it does take away from the MFing experience.

Cory wrote:
[*] Uniques and Sets that remain have been edited.

Right, but they kind of had to be to get them in line with the lowered values as well as the complete removal of auras on equip.

Cory wrote:
[*] All skills have been edited.
[*] Skill synergies make no sense.

The synergies seemed weird to me at first, but it opens up lots of hybrid builds and since most of them are lower values (like 2% per point), I don't view them as necessary. I've tried builds that are completely unsynergized and they have all worked out really well.

Cory wrote:
Can you tell me why would you farm in hell in this patch? Just leo/cloister run with horker and stack gold to buy gems and crafting supplies.

This is also true. Brevan has mentioned that Hell was intended to be mostly about collecting trophies. Since there aren't a ton of lvl 90/95 items to grind out, it will be mostly about crafting and working toward taking down bosses rather than grinding.

That being said, it's really easy to add more unique and set items in future patches for the people who love the grind. I think 1.7 is going to be a solid baseline for future patches. Of course there will still be imbalances that will get exploited after a meta develops, but that has been the story for every HU patch since 1.3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 pm 

You know what was a fantastic trophy that made characters strong, made you want to grind regardless of gear? Skill gcs. They're fantastic, the game when they existed had an actual economy that revolved around them. It turned strong characters into powerhouses when you started to accumulate them. And yes, when you capped out your inventory with +skills, it did trivialize a decent bit of the content but when you spend that much time on a character it probably should.

They got removed, there was the addition of soul shards. No where near as fun as GCs, because you were forced to go back and fight bosses for them and their drop rate was pretty high(and later absolute?), but it was something to work towards. Now soul shards are all but worthless, so nothing to farm there boys. This is pure speculation from what I've read but uniques are dead? Sounds good, so we can't even farm for 95s anymore. What's there to do? Craft? Crafting isn't fun. Crafting is killing easy mobs for gold, buying shit, and sitting in town looking at your cube the whole time.

I think the biggest disappointment is how gradual you ramp up in power. Stats give very little health and mana, to the point where not going max block is folly. It's to be expected when you devalue health to such a degree though. Skills and more importantly their synergies are the biggest offender. Firstly the one point into a skill every two levels is retarded, but whatever, change basic shit for the sake of changing it then label it 'to help with mana issues' when mana issues should never be a thing in the first place. But beyond that points in synergies are so low you barely see an increase in damage.

I think the worst thing is the normalization of damage. In the past there were choices between damage/utility or damage/survivability, but they tend not to exist anymore. Some examples were defensive passives vs synergies on WW/frenzy barbs. BO vs increased health. Almost every sorc had choices between ES and damage(I think TK was the one exception). These are largely removed with the possible exception being charged bolt, but you could never justify it since synergies are so poor and the majority of the damage is upfront in the skill's 20 points.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:49 pm 

I think that the this thread needs to be for the download. Comments about content, balance etc should have a different thread. I am kinda tempted to split it, but will leave it be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:40 pm 

@Kramuti
Feel free to split this topic, I've already been having trouble constructing a list of v1.8 and v1.9 suggestions because I just can't find where folks put their comments. Seems a shame to lose lots of decent ideas.

@Angel
I'd agree that good use of FOrb can yield more damage than IBolt. FOrb has a cast delay, but since your sorc would probably be on the run anyways (there are still counters in v1.7, but they're usually 5%onStruck), the cast delay might not be important.

I consider an item a trophy when it serves to show that you overcame some challenge. If players don't feel like collecting trophies then they could consider starting a new character, perhaps a build they haven't tried before.

@Minu566
PCreeper - The early game is pretty easy in general, especially for poison skills (their main draw back is supposed to be that they take longer to deal the same amount of damage (good for Kiting strats, terrible for Tanking strats)). Tanking A1Norm is pretty trivial (ReplenishHP or PDR/MDR alone should work). By about A3Norm most skills are working as intended.

A1 to A2 BPrisons - These monsters count as level 50 in Norm (In NM and Hell, non-boss monsters are always the level of their area regardless of their level in the files), so I could see where a fresh character could struggle with them. Consider using Leap, LeapAttack, or Teleport to ignore them. They count as Undead, so HBolt and perhaps Sanctuary would do very well. My Merc and I usually get out well within a minute, so explore options to see what works best (you only have to break 1 of the 4 Prison sides (i.e. RegularAttack works better than Zeal or DoubleSwing), they're weak to PhysDamage). Folks are welcome to remove this feature in v1.9, but since the prisons are non hostile yet add an interesting play experience, I kept them for v1.7. I'm glad you've only rarely encountered them, they are spawned only by enemy archers onStrike (more details in the Monprops webpage).

Wake of Fire - Yup, this is a bug, thank you for pointing it out. I've made a note of it for when things get worked on again. WoFire is a level 6 skill in terms of its balancing, so it's the skill tab position that is incorrect (a hard change for me due to lack of software and experience editing D2's graphics).

HShock - I'd agree the HolyAuras make quick work of the early game (they're level 6, so you could probably get them before leaving BMoor when monsters are still level 1-2). As Angel mentioned, the defensive Resist auras max at level 10. There are other skills with a reduced max level, often that occurs when I was worried folks would accidentally click and waste a point, or when I was unable to make the skill more meaningful (Howl and BattleCommand max at level 1, Teleport at level 10; I was tempted to reduce the max level of most curses). I wanted the Resist auras to have a meaningful improvement per level (at least 1%), so they must have a reduced max to remain easily balanced.

RightClick skills - You probably meant Left click. I'd agree that there are some skills that don't work well on left click, such as auras (they shouldn't be left-clickable in v1.7). I haven't experienced any other troubles myself, but I know that some skills on left-click require you to hold down the shift key to cast them (otherwise you'd walk to the location instead). During Testing, I was asked to make more skills left-clickable and saw no reason to refuse the request. If you find that feature isn't working well for you for some skill then stick with the traditional options.

@Tsume
Does Soulmancer set's hat really have two capital 'S's? Silly stuff indeed, sorry I never thought to check. For jewels, the IAS mods are free, they occur on every jewel affix (feel free to confirm via the Affix webpages), most mods that aren't especially practical (i.e. not %ED and %IAS) have some minor free mods like FHRecovery and FBRate to make them more practical. There are several uniques with a single charge of something to synergy-bug some skill on the item. It's certainly possible for players to use those items and bug their own skills, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any significant exploits (those charges don't increase damage much if at all). In some cases, the charge is there just so that a proc'd summon survives (e.g. Herald of Zak shield, Kethryes'sFlight bow). I'd agree that there's lots of potential for confusion, but questions get answered and things get clear.

I'd agree that Soulmancer produced an excellent base game in HU, but he also made mistakes. 'Member when HU had huge amounts of CrushingBlow because Soulmancer didn't know what that mod did? That correction was made, folks learned a lot, and we moved on. After a dozen revisions, most folks agreed that HU was doing really well.

I made changes to v1.3 because I'd played it enough to be bored with it, so for me v1.7 was designed purely to change things and make it take a long time for me to exhaust the possibilities. PureRage was interested in using my files for his additions because my files are relatively clean and contain some improvements to make future modding much easier and less error prone.

@Cory
Whichever way forward you choose, I don't mind lending a hand. I don't remember all of v1.3's issues, but I recall enough that might help me search faster than you. Some details are in this thread.

Please let me know which v1.7 builds you had in mind for being poor/irrelevant in this thread, I've been looking for a build to play at reset, but I don't want to choose one of the strong ones because I'm looking for something more interesting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:20 pm 

Thanks for all the stuff you guys did. Ready to go when the switch is flipped!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 am 

You're delusional if you think crafting is some sort of challenge. Killing a boss is a challenge which is rewarding by giving you things.

Killing a1 mobs that drop absurd amounts of gold because you stacked goldfind then swapping to a -price gear set and buying materiels, then playing put shit in the cube and transmute simulator for literal hours to get a decent drop isn't fun. It isn't challenging minus the fuck it makes me want to kill myself and I have fight that suicidal instinct the whole time I'm doing it.

Some other little things that aren't fun nor rewarding but give you literal best in slot items? Rolling rares.

You know what would give it a minor semblance of accomplishment? Having to use those now useless soulshards the boss drops to roll high end crafted gear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:10 am 

Really. Can we keep this for download only.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:42 pm 

I fail to see why it matters. This is the best place for a hub of opinions on the patch, since it'll be the most visible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:35 pm 

Because people that are looking to download it are most likely worried about getting things to work, and seeing if other had the same issues. Instead they get to read through opinions that have zero to do with the point of the thread. The download of it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:03 am 

@Braven
when u upload a new version plz let us know what to dl :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:27 pm 

Currently there are no further updates intended for v1.7, but I would certainly let folks know if something came up.

When a v1.9 Suggestions thread comes out (probably in summer), I've been keeping a list of things I notice people mention or minor bugs (WakeOfFire skill icon placement, Death'sSet's flawed +Dmg/Lvl, +MinDmg/Lvl not applied to throwing attacks, etc) that have been found. I'd expect those issues to be fixed at that time.

At the moment, the only potential bug that hasn't been confirmed, but would motivate me to ask Duff to update the servers is a bug that prevented players from experiencing new content like Legion.

If there were some server-side update, then I'm sure we could roll together some other corrections like Death'sSet (already confirmed that simply moving the mod to the Gloves makes the set work as intended).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm 

I've updated the Webpage Maker to produce slightly updated webpages and updated the Webpages download links to refer to updated files.

Changes:
  1. Added speed, range, str/dex bonus to white weapons page.
  2. Added MinReqLevel to runewords page (i.e. it just looks up the level of the runes and finds the highest).
  3. Recipes now check if an input is Unique or Set when only its name is provided (i.e. you could select "Rixot's Keen" or "uni,ssd", but I was only checking the latter), rather than assuming it was a miscellaneous item and tossing it to RecipesOther.html.
  4. Cube Recipes now report restrictions for the recipe (e.g. "inputs must be from same difficulty" or "only cubeable by Amazons", etc). Note that this isn't necessarily easily readable, but it might at least let folks ask more targeted questions when something isn't working.

If folks want to discuss the content of the webpages, then I'd recommend posting in the Webpage Maker topic so that I'll be able to find the information later.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:30 pm 

A client-side update has been prepared to fix the Legion and Halls of Heroes client-crashing bug. Since this is a client-side fix, the server will not updated with other minor fixes like Death'sSet's +Dmg bug. The first post has the fix and instructions, but for convenience it's also here:

Place this data folder in your Diablo2 folder or D2SE HUv1.7 folder, and run the game with "-direct -txt" arguments.
Download Update: WinZip , 7Zip

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 pm 

i downloaded the winzip under the two updates for maggot lair and crash error, placed it in data folder with direct txt, but when i go into the west area hall of heroes my client crashes

/e: i tried multiple times to enter it and it keeps crashing. now i tried north hall of heroes and that one didnt crash. strange

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:30 pm 

i was able to enter north and east without a problem, the only one causing the crash is west.

but something else in east, dr rodriguez has apparently a lot of invisible missiles that deal dmg out of nowhere and he can oneshot in melee sometimes for no apparent reason

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm 
Game Server Host

Invisible missiles and unedited D2Client.dll points to faulty install. This topic suggests you have a bad install or missing files: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19560

Create a new folder in your MODS folder.
Extract the core to that folder.
Extract the chosen patch to the same folder.
Make sure there is no data folder before next step.
Extract the mini update to the same folder.
Run the mod from that folder.
Report back.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HUv1.7b Download
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:25 pm 

I've changed the set of HUv1.7b BitTorrent files, so if folks were having trouble downloading with that option, then they should be able to download the new set, and use 1 of those 8 files to get the package they'd like.

When you've finished the download, you'll have a folder with three files in it, but you can ignore/delete the files ending with
"..meta.sqlite"
"...meta.xml"

Those files were added by the group hosting the files for torrenting, and I guess are just related to their inventory system.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:48 pm 

Delete thez patch. 1.7b so retarding for play

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:27 pm 

okay I downloaded both single player ones, regular resolution and high resolution. extracted them into a HUv7.1b folder in my D2SE. the game starts and I can make a character but when I try to start a game during the loading screen where it shows a door opening I get
'UNHANDLED EXCEPTOIN: BREAKPOINT (80000003) and another that says (c0000005)
then the game crashes.

I had a previous version working for a while until I got cain. then every time I clicked on him it would crash, then it started randomly crashing.

all my other mods work just fine through D2SE
I am running on windows 10 unfortunately. with a 64 bit system.

I read in a post here about core files and all. I am assuming the core files are included in the download links on this thread? I know the other versions there were two links for d2se. I can not run this mod outside of d2se either because I do not have a diablo 2 cd that will work with v1.10

I am running as administrator and have tried both windows XP service pack 2 and 3.

as for people running into privilege errors try turning off your data execute prevention, right click my computer, properties, advanced, click settings under performance, click data execution prevention. then browse and add d2se or diablo 2, or if they are there already remove them. windows blocks some unknown programs from running as a safety measure. I had to add The Hell mod ion this list to get it to work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:57 pm 

HUv1.7b now includes the core files in every package, so you already have them.

Unfortunately I've never encountered the 80000003 error and the c0000005 error is so general that it doesn't help (My usual solution to c0000005 is to reboot the machine, it seems to work every time). An online search for 80000003 implies that it is related to graphics. Maybe double check that you've configured Glide or maybe try DirectDraw (assuming your video card supports this, use the VidTest program to check)

The install should be as simple as the first step mentioned in the original post, since you've already got D2SE up and running with other mods.
Assuming you've got D2 installed to C:\D2\
  1. Make a new folder in the mods folder, e.g. C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\
  2. Copy the package to that folder and extract it. You should end up with about 30 files and the Webpages folder. e.g.
    C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\Webpages\HOME.htm
    C:\D2\MODS\HUv1.7\patch_d2.mpq
  3. Start D2SE, select the mod from the list on the left. You might need to configure the video settings in the top right (Glide (this also has settings), DirectDraw, etc). When you're ready to start the game double-click the game banner on the left.
  4. Some things to confirm that you're playing Huv1.7b (let me know which fails):
    1. Check that bows are sold at Akara and require 10Str and 30Dex.
    2. Check that your new character starts with 10k gold, 30Stats, 1SkillPoint.
    3. Check that a level 1 Necro can place a point into RaiseSkeletonMage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:48 pm 

alright that worked like magic. I was having problems with an older version and tried ddraw and it didn't work. I didn't think to try it on this version. and yes it is the correct version. now for step two. I quit my job and get a divorce and only play Diablo. thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:05 pm 

Excellent.

Keep in mind that HUv1.7 was intended to bring back some of the Challenge that HU is known for, but there are plenty of players who didn't appreciate how that was implemented in HUv1.7. If you're in the groups that would enjoy monsters with less life or spells costing less mana, then go ahead and cube up some of the charms available in the Solo version and described in the opening post. If you're not enjoying the play style of the build you started towards, then feel free to make a Respec potion and try something else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:07 pm 

yea it all is working fine. I think I am running into the invisible missile issue when I get to the boss in the den of evil. it just randomly takes health. I am going to do a fresh install of diablo 2 and d2se and add the mod to that and see if it fixes. I love the challenge though. reminds me of netherworld rises. the necro summons are super weak though. pretty much no HP. :) awesome mod though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm 

Corpsefire's invisible missile is a thing I couldn't find the solution to (the files do not show that missile, but I've only checked 2-3 times so maybe I keep missing it). I think he's the only case of it, and if you go into melee range he'll attack rather than lob his fireballs+invisi-oddity.

KingLeoric's aura (looks like Sanctuary, Seraphim also use it) removes HP from you, but that's not an invisible missile even though it might seem like it is.

If the necro summons you meant are Skeleton Mages, then their theme is to be glass cannons, so high damage and low durability. Same with Golems and SpiritBlade (although each is immune to their element). Skeletons and SkeletonKnight are the flip side, but you can always use an AI curse like Confuse, Attract, or DimVision to deal with trash. In short: experiment. There are several solutions to any problem but it's up to you to find one of them, or read about the solutions found by others.

Here's a thread discussing Summons:
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16788

Offline Profile