Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Post subject: 1.7 D2SE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:19 pm 

Alright, since I couldn't seem to get it to work with the way I've always done it, I'm trying D2SE now. I got my diablo2 folder, installed D2SE in it, put the 1.7 version into the mods folder, and when I try to make a character it gives me "Assertion Failure -- Location: D2Common/DATABLES/Datatbls.ccp, line #2227 -- Expression : pbData"

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.7 D2SE
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm 

Sorry, but it's not clear which folder you put the v1.7 files into:
OK: .../Diablo II/MODS/HUv1.7/
NG: .../Diablo II/MODS/

Each mod needs a folder within the mods folder when you're using D2SE.

If you're dealing with a fresh install, then maybe you need to run a VidTest? If you're running HighRes, you might need to configure Glide. There's a good chance that the D2SE.ini file I packaged with the downloads has checks for the boxes "-Direct -Txt", those check shouldn't hurt anything, since there's no Data folder, but you're welcome to clear them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:13 pm 

It was a clean download of diablo2 from blizzard. I have the files located in C:\Program Files\HU 1.7\MODS\Hell_Unleashed_1.7 , and don't have those things clicked. Tried with the clicked, same thing. Got the error again :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:21 pm 
Game Server Host

Try moving your D2 Folder out of program files and run as admin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Try moving your D2 Folder out of program files and run as admin.

Did so, same error. :( I dunno why it just doesn't want to work on my laptop, and my desktop caught on fire three days ago (Not kidding it really did.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:22 pm 

An online search of the error message implies that a missing .txt file within patch_d2.mpq might be a cause. Which package did you download? I can at least triple check that the files within it are in order before more folks download it. If they're in order, then maybe download it again just in case corruption occurred during the original download.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:49 pm 

I think I may have fixed it... what skill changes have been made so I can see? Is there a list of changes somewhere?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:31 pm 

The most recent change was that Amazon Pierce is skill level 1 (and you can actually put a point in it at level 1 - there was a bug), and it's description for level 1 should be 12%Pierce with 6%ARating.

Alternatively, the HUv1.7 design is in the CoreFiles download as a text document (can be viewed with the "Readme" button in D2SE). Section 9 is where skills start, but the ManaCost of skills is slightly higher than in game (skill stats should be accurate).

Please share your fix (even if it's just a list of things you tried), since that helps the next person with the same problem.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:34 pm 

Well... I got diablo working, but apparently the patch isn't running :( I'm so screwed... lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:56 pm 

From D2SE's menu, are you selecting (or double-clicking) HU's picture in the left half, and then pressing "start plugin" button at top right? (The "Start D2" button ignores the MODS folder, I think, which could explain your result)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:53 pm 

Brevan wrote:
From D2SE's menu, are you selecting (or double-clicking) HU's picture in the left half, and then pressing "start plugin" button at top right? (The "Start D2" button ignores the MODS folder, I think, which could explain your result)

Yeah, I was doing that to make sure it didn't launch the regular diablo. I went back into my folders and started messing around with things, and somehow I managed to get it working (I think?). The skills are all listed correctly. So lets hope! Thanks for everything!

Offline Profile