Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Post subject: Awesome mod
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 am 

Hey awesome mod guys, I found this from the Heroes of Newerth forums, and diablo sounded fun:P so I wanted to try it out I got me and a friend into it having a lot of fun so far.

Had a few question's i searched around a bit but I couldn't find answers.

1: I'm playing a Frost Sorc, and i was wondering how the "-6% to Enemy Magic Resistance" works for the Sur rune, Will it make "Magic Immune" monsters not immune? same with the other rune's that are just specific types?

2: if i take a Yellow rarity item, (forgot what its called) and socket it with a rune word, will that work? or will the word over ride? or will it just add the Effect of each rune??? Don't want to waist all my triple sockets for nothing:P

3: Is there a list of Boss drops? Me and my friend killed andariel a few times and she drop's relativity the same gear.

Thank you for the help, sorry if i missed some of these quesion's been up all night playing mass effect 2.

Also is there anyway some one could change my user name to Chibbi my B key is messed up and it didn't type the extra b TY!

Chibbi

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Awesome mod
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am 

Chibi wrote:
I'm playing a Frost Sorc, and i was wondering how the "-6% to Enemy Magic Resistance" works for the Sur rune, Will it make "Magic Immune" monsters not immune? same with the other rune's that are just specific types?

Sur will only affect magic damage (such as from blessed hammers, bone spears, etc) and not cold, fire, lightning dmg. It won't lower the resistance of an immune monster - only Lower Resist, Conviction or "holy" auras like Holy Freeze will do that. The aura that A3 mercs have will break a resistance. Some monsters will have such strong immunity though that even a strong aura or curse will still leave them immune.

Chibi wrote:
if i take a Yellow rarity item, (forgot what its called) and socket it with a rune word, will that work? or will the word over ride? or will it just add the Effect of each rune??? Don't want to waist all my triple sockets for nothing:P

rune words can only be made in white items and not rare or magic items.

Chibi wrote:
3: Is there a list of Boss drops? Me and my friend killed andariel a few times and she drop's relativity the same gear.

Nope - but you can expect her to drop items that are about her level. You can find her level (and the level of other bosses) at http://blue.arimyth.com/ under "Area Levels". You can find a full list of items at http://critterkiller.arimyth.com

Welcome to HU

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:27 am 

Hello there, and welcome to Pot Unleashed.

Chibi wrote:
1: I'm playing a Frost Sorc, and i was wondering how the "-6% to Enemy Magic Resistance" works for the Sur rune, Will it make "Magic Immune" monsters not immune? same with the other rune's that are just specific types?

First of all, dont expect to get a sur rune so earlier... :P
Then, frost sorcs does cold dmg, not magic.
Bone Spears and B.Hammers, for example, are spells which deal magic dmg.
Blizzard, frozen nova, frozen orb ,etc... are cold dmg based spells
And no, cold immunes wont be affected by -% to enemy cold resitance, unless you get Convicition aura from paladin, or Lower Resist curse from necro. And this not always works.
( add from Blue I forgot: Holy element auras also can break immunities from its element )

Chibi wrote:
2: if i take a Yellow rarity item, (forgot what its called) and socket it with a rune word, will that work? or will the word over ride? or will it just add the Effect of each rune??? Don't want to waist all my triple sockets for nothing:P

No. Runewords only work if runes are properly put on grey items.
Wont on blue, yellow, crafted, or unique.

Chibi wrote:

Most bosses are meant to drop some specific items
See blue's answer for more details :D
Chibi wrote:
Thank you for the help

NP. Welcome to HellUnleashed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:43 pm 

And runewords won't work in lower grade items neither, aka cracked/crude/etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 pm 

OH I am so use to most games where magic damage is general covers all types I did not know that thank you! i wasn't expecting to get sur to early either :P was more worried about Hell difficulties. :D

OK i figured you couldn't do the rune words but with the introduction of the socket system had to ask :P

thank you for the link!

Also had another question we have another friend who is starting up, and we wanted to know about exp. Does it nerf the lower levels exp if a higher level kills the mob?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm 

Chibi wrote:
Does it nerf the lower levels exp if a higher level kills the mob?
Yes, if the difference in levels is more than about 10, then you'll start to notice a decline in the exp. Most people seem to prefer to do this anyways, since the killing by a higher level char is a bit faster (especially if the higher level char has a large Area of Effect spell, like Static Field).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:25 pm 

Thank you very much

Got another question if i have a topaz in my weapon does the + lightning damage and the - Lightning resist get applied ONLY when i auto attack, or will it work on spells also?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:54 pm 

added lightning dmg will only work on melee dmg of any source, including melee skills.

-% enemy lightning resistance will work on all kind of lightning dmg you can deal to the evil minions, including spells ( except assasing traps )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm 

Awesome thank you that helps alot!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:09 pm 

Chibi wrote:
OH I am so use to most games where magic damage is general covers all types I did not know that thank you!

Magic Resistant monsters WILL take a ton less dmg from your spells though. It's just a one way street for the mobs... Lucky bastards.

Offline Profile