Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

Post subject: Hell unleashed verses the other mods out there
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:46 am 

For the last three weeks I have play tested several D2 mods most are bland but one stands out to piss me off the most it's Median xl.. first off I know this is a general discussion but that part of the forum is bot ridden..Now with Median xl .. I love a D2 mod being hard but when it gets annoying and frustrating as fuck there is no enjoyment factor in it what so ever ... The fact that there is so many immunes in the game is crazy and this starts at norm.. boss fights well that's just a HU rip off back when I played this mod in 07 the boss life bars were small like vanilla D2 now there bigger than HU's sad..there Uber quests are as stupid as it gets example everything is immune to everything till you blow up some of orb and this every quest...... Just bring light to this because HU is something special and we all need to make it what it was.. so glad for the guys still working on shit here cheers to you all...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hell unleashed verses the other mods out there
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:35 pm 

I'm not a fan of the go-go-stop (trivial battles until completely stopped by immunes) playstyle either (I often stopped playing HUv1.3 after NM most of the time for this reason). I'm also not a fan of quests that take more than about an hour (like HU's Baal run), but I suppose every once in a while those are alright.

Regarding novelty bosses, one of PureRage's v1.7 additions is an optional boss named Legion, who is immune to everything (he dodges all effects) until someone brings a special aura (given to you onEquip via a charm) close to him. Even then he can only be damaged by OpenWounds (his phys-res drops to 99%, but he regenerates HP so OWounds is definitely the way to go). His sub-name description gives players a reminder of these facts. He is a stationary boss that summons player-like clones to battle for him. While testing, I thought he was very well done and novel for HU, so hopefully you'll agree that although v1.7 and other mods have a novelty-boss like this in common, at least PureRage's was done well ;)

Back in 2013, I played PoExile a little, but most of the features I liked in it were things I'd already changed in my modded version of HUv1.3, (I did steal their "HP/MP onStrike" concept though, as soon as PureRage gave me a hint on how that could be done). Unfortunately PoE felt like it quickly degenerated into an endless item grind, so I stopped with a couple chars around level 70. I consider PoE a very well done mod of D2, but it didn't capture my interest for long. Their Map system for generating end-game play areas is excellent.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:42 pm 

I can't wait to play 1.7.. At the moment Im playing a pally in 1.3d and a poison java zon in 1.6c or b can't remember.. I love D2se to be able to play so many variants of HU..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:43 am 

I also hate immunes and i try to avoid the mods that have them. Also dislike the current Median.
PoE has ugly art style and movement (attack, run etc) in general.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:13 am 

Median xl isn't bad it just gets very random most if not all Uber quests require the same thing to brake immunes..

Offline Profile