Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

Post subject: Music for hu
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 pm 

Is there anyway I can get the files or the full game so I can have the sound .. playing the mod atm without sound kinda sucks.. Im running D2SE 1.6c..

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Music for hu
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:32 pm 

Just to clarify - you don't even have sound effects, you have sound but no music at all, or are you just missing the HellUnleashed specific music?

If you're missing sound entirely, then double check that the D2SE start up window has the "no sound" checkbox cleared.

If you're missing music entirely, then there's a pretty common issue with Diablo2 where the music gets turned off (I forget the reason, but it occurs pretty often even after you turn the music back on). If you look at the sound options in game, then you might notice the music volume has been turned off automatically.

If you're just missing the HU music, then I'll try to release an HUv1.7 option that includes those files. Keep in mind that the music in D2 .mpq files is barely compressed .wav files, i.e. the mpq without music is about 200MB, but with the music it's closer to 1GB. I've been debating releasing that music-filled file at a later date, after most folks have had the option to at least get some version of 1.7 before I start receiving "bandwidth limit exceeded" notices.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:36 am 

Ya it's kinda weird I turn music on on d2se and nothing I will try some other things.. would like to try 1.7 test patch to but the link is inactive..cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 am 

HU Music sound track is so damn epic I cant imagine playing without it, BG 2 music and all the good stuff :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm 

Ya I have no sound what so ever and I messed with just about everything .. I might just try a clean reinstall and see if that works.. sucks I never had this issue before..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:47 pm 

I got the sound back but it's D2 original music lmao.. I should have older hu audio files laying around.. thanks Brev for the tips..it's been awhile since I messed with this..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:24 pm 

The music files were messed up several patches ago. I am hoping that since 1.7 is using 1.3a as a base, that the right files are included.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 am 

Then that must be the problem then .. any idea when 1.7 will ready .. I wanted to run the test patch but the link says it's no longer there..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:06 pm 

Rough timeline given was around the first of the year. Hopefully we can see one more test batch before release...a number of folks have come out of the woodwork that could give good viewpoints.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:29 pm 

If you can get me a copy of the 1.7 test patch I can test what ever you guys need.. I have 1.3a for its base..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 pm 

My apologies, but recently the v1.7 Testers have found a critical error (described below if folks are interested) that requires significant thought and work to get around. We won't have another v1.7 Test package available for at least a few days.

State overload
I've read that D2 crashes if you have 27 states on a character (we're fine for this), but when playing Multiplayer if your char has 19+ states then the IP Packet sent to other players is too large and causes them to drop from the game (connection interrupted). To get around this, we're thinking of ways to collapse some states into one, for example I'm told that in recent versions of HU BattleCommand was given the stats of BOrders and Shout so that a Barb would bestow allies with 1 additional state rather than 3. Doing this will force me to include more Prerequisite skills into v1.7, but I'm pretty sure they're the type that players won't have a problem with. I'm hoping that most of the changes (besides prerequisites) will be invisible to the player (although it might seem strange that all items with BOrders oSkill will have to include BCommand oSkill too). I'll be disabling the colour-change cube recipes until the States problem is greatly reduced (each colour changed adds another state to that item).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:11 am 

Looking forward to doing some testing when you get that fixed.. cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:49 pm 

Was just wondering sence it's been a couple years sence I played an updated version of HU . Does fist of heavens still have bypass demons ? Seems like a silly question just don't what has changed with pallys .. there my favorite class ... Cheers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:18 am 

Im quite sure the bolts are still holy ya. Could be wrong tho my 1.7a install stopped working :roll: fog.dll module fail.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 am 

Nothing is holy in HUv1.7. For kicks, I balanced Magic damage around the theme that it does roughly 20% less damage than everything else, but monsters have nearly no Magic resistance. In Hell monsters have a base Magic res of about 20%, while their resistance to everything else is base 50%. Once you factor in the -%EnemyRes gear available to elemental builds, I'm pretty sure the difference between magic damage and elemental damage is minor, but if there's an imbalance, I think it's probably in Magic's favour (it's hard to have magic-pierce mod available but never use it).

In Normal, the base monster res is 0%, but it can go up to 49% vs one not-Magic element, or 24% for 2 elements, 18% for 3 elements, etc. For NM I simply added +33%ResAll (+15% for MagicRes), and in Hell it was +50% (+20%MagicRes). That means that in Hell, a 49%ResCold creature has 99%ResCold (e.g. Zombies in BMoor). This means it's trivial for a unique monster to have an immunity (occasionally two) in Hell, and I've even seen MagicImmunity (unique mage-themed monster (+10-20%MagicRes above base) with MagicRes (+33%NonPhysRes) and maybe ManaBurn(+33%?MagRes) or SpectralHit (20%?MagRes) would do it). Between a multi-element builds and Mercs, there shouldn't be a problem with Immunities.

The theme for HolyBolts is that rather than doing 80% of normal damage, they do about twice the normal Magic damage (i.e about 1.6 times elemental spell damage), but they only affect Undead (there are 167 Undead in the game currently, I'd vaguely guess that's 20% to 30% of the monster population). FoH HBolts were balanced as normal AoE Magic Damage (4/25th monHP), while the main FoH hit counts as single-target Magic Damage (12/25th monHP).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 pm 

Cool.. thanks for the detailed information ..

Offline Profile