Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Post subject: HU 1.7 Public Test v1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:14 pm 
Game Server Host

This package is already set up for the HighRes package. If you want low res there are additional steps required. See below.

Start by installing 1.3:
1: Grab 1.3 core and chosen patch from: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4600
1b: Please run the game before going further to make sure 1.3 is correctly installed to avoid issues.
2: Download the 1.7 test version from Here
3: Copy all 1.7 files into your 1.3 folder.
4: If not using D2SE, be sure to run D2ModSetup.bat and be sure it asks to install the mod.

*Optional*
4: If using low res 1.3 patch, open the data folder > global folder > rename "ui" folder "ui_HighRes" and rename the "ui_LowRes" folder to "ui"
5: Open excel folder and rename skilldesc.txt to skilldesc_HighRes.txt and rename skilldesc_LowRes.txt to skilldesc.txt

There is a WebPage folder included that has all recipes/items/enemy info. The home page has links for each other page for easy navigation.

Small additional update, 22 July:

http://www.megafileupload.com/sboY/HU_1 ... 2_July.zip

Quote:
A few notes:
Skills have no pre-reqs except level.
Note: Jewel crafting recipes have changed to regular crafting recipes, see the WebPage folder for recipes.
socketed akara ring alone = remove the socketable (without destroying it)
NOTE: The level req of tempered jewels is added on top of the level req of the chosen ring unless the jewels level req is higher than the ring. If it is, then the level req will be jewel req*2
Crafted/Tempered jewels can be socketed into akara rings only.
Leoric is now below tristram and drops the Codex
health+manapot in cube = respec pot (for testing)
Legion event is enabled
Hall of Heroes event is enabled
The Legion and Hall of Heroes event are accessed via a warp on the hellforge dragon map. Both events are optional and the same level as Baal/Samhain.
Akara rings can be rerolled using an akara ring + 3 rare rings to try to get the skill you want (remove any jewels first or you lose the jewel.)
Akara rings vary based on difficulty the quest is completed in.
Any socketable can be inserted into akara rings (shield mods are applied.)
Ormus now gives a token for completing the gidbinn quest that must be cubed with the Tristram Codex to allow travel to Trials.
Mercs resistance display is wrong at the minute. They are capped at 50% max res + whatever +max res is on them. The absolute cap is 66%

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU 1.7 Public Test v1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:04 pm 

oh snap! the time has come

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:18 am 

:o :o :o

Brace Yourselves, new ladder is coming!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 am 
Game Server Host

New ladder won't be soon (last reset was only 3 months ago). Just putting a test version out so people can see what we have so far and give feedback. We're at the stage where we are fine tuning builds with items so the more testing and feedback, the easier it will be to target items at specific builds that need extra attention. This is your chance to speed up the process. Hopefully we have lots of feedback by the time we finish our remaining projects and we can dive straight in, otherise it will take longer as testing so many builds with a small test group is slow.

If most builds are functioning as intended and seem good we'll spread the remaining items over all builds equally or design builds around remaining items like oskills and synergy charges for more variation (already a ton of items that can be used like this but more wont hurt I guess)

Go nuts! Open works if you want an easy way to group up for MP. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm 

Having a lot of issues getting this to work on Win10 - but in all fairness I just kind of used my 1.6 install instead of starting fresh. Game crashs cp errors all kinds of stuff... messed up character screens and chat.

I'll do a complete reinstall of 1.10 later and see if I still have issues.. hopefully I'll see some of you on open

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:50 pm 
Game Server Host

I confirmed it works (also on Win 10) in a new folder (D2SE but shouldn't matter), so sounds like a setup issue. If the screen is messed up it sounds like you didn't grab the correct 1.3 files.

Can you confirm:

1: Downloaded 1.3 core and extracted to HU folder (create a new folder in MODS for it if using D2SE)
2: Downloaded HighResLite patch and extracted to HU folder.
3: Downloaded 1.7 Test v1 and extracted to HU folder.

If you didn't get the patch you will be missing d2expres.dll and d2expres.ini (causes messed up screens).
If using LowRes patch you will need to follow steps 4 and 5, otherwise it should be good to go.

Failing that, can you take a screenie of the messed up screens/stat screen etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:33 am 

Having problems running d2 lod on win 8, for some strange reason it just wont start at all, it has been a while since I played it so gona try diferent setup.

Which version of D2SE should I use? Also I have been using the bigger version of 1.3 with my installations.

Checked registry is not a problem. Tried window mode, all compatibility options on different setups etc.

Strange thing is it has been working before lol :?: :?: :?:

Will try different ISO's.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 am 
Game Server Host

If you download the full D2SE filetree, you don't need an ISO or even an instal, it works as stand alone.

D2SE Filetree: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

Just grab the top link. It has a base D2SE folder + a 1.6 folder in the MODS directory already. To setup 1.7, just create a new folder in MODS called HU 1.7 or something and follow the above steps, extracting everything into that folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:02 pm 
Game Server Host

Added a small additional update (also added to OP). Extract to HU folder and overwrite any files when asked. Includes D2Client.dll.
http://www.megafileupload.com/sboY/HU_1 ... 2_July.zip

Changes:
Brevan wrote:
  1. Added 2 sockets to Decaying Wretch (lvl12 Necro Shield), because I agreed with the argument that the cast delay reduction (it's main feature) isn't especially valuable to the only class that can use it (only PNova has a significant delay, and it'd be dumb to recast). Note that the CDelay reduction is excellent if you decide to play the Necro with oSkills that have long delays (e.g. Decoy from Iratha glove+helm).
  2. BloodCrescent sword - reduced the oSkills from level 10 to 5 for Werebear and Werewolf. Removed Lcanthropy. I realized that this could be dual wielded by a Barb to become a much better wereperson than the Druid (just weapon-switch for that +40%HP 200Replenish etc buff and then switch back). If folks feel the sword isn't worthwhile now, let me know. I'm not against giving it 30ReplenishLife to make up for the loss (at least a weapon switch would lose this buff), but otherwise I'd still consider it an excellent weapon for it's level, and I think it upgrades very well.
  3. "CrescentMoon" runeword - reduced Lycanthropy oSkill from 10 to 5. Same reasoning as above.
  4. Reduced StaticField effect from 10% to 5%. I was able to bring Normal Duriel down to 1/3 life before my party member could travel from the staff-orifice to the opening. He mentioned misclicking delayed him, but I figure Static would still be a pretty awesome spell if it took 6 seconds rather than 3 seconds to remove 66% of an act boss's life. You'd still need to get pretty close though, and Static's value takes big hits in NM and Hell, so I think 5% is as low as Static should go unless the threshold numbers were removed or made difficulty invariant. As it is, I might not feel too bad about adding Static as weapon procs. Duriel is weak to lightning, so perhaps he's a poor example, but Static was the dominant spell in most boss fights.
  5. Reduced the gear-quality of Valk from Rare glove/boots to Magic. When tested at skill level 30, Valk was spawned with a single-element immunity 10 out of 20 casts. When changed to Magic boots/gloves, she spawned with a single-element immunity 1 out of 30. I purposely left Shadows with their rares because in 5 minutes of testing, they seemed alright. Maybe there's code limiting their resistances, or maybe their lack of HP was making them relatively squishy, but in general they were much more offensive and noticeably less defensive than Valk, which I kinda like.
  6. Edited Iratha's set so that the 3-piece bonus is +5 PlagueJav and LFury (full set gives same MP/Kill).
  7. Enabled unique RageMask so that it has most of the completed-set bonus of Iratha's set, but includes another +5 to PlagueJav and LFury. This hat would extend the usefulness of the set, or be used with some rare javs that themselves have oSkills for LFury or PlagueJav and then replace the set. Using the original set yields more Pierce (50% vs 33%), Replacing the set hat yields more oSkills (lvl 10 vs 5), replacing 1 Jav from the set yields a lvl 5 and lvl15 oSkill with no set-complete-Pierce, replacing 1 Jav and the Hat yields a lvl 5 and lvl15 oSkill but less pierce.
  8. Noteable finding: When using Summons as oSkills it is known that they are unsummoned after about 30 seconds unless you have +AllSkills, but I recently noticed that when summoning Ravens, I lost Ravens down to my number of +AllSkills. This means that characters occasionally lose the oSkill value but not the fact that they have the skill (My +8Raven oSkill was being lost, but my +2AllSkills meant I was simply dropping to lvl2 Raven occasionally). This detail might help with item design, or narrow down the source of the problem. In v1.7, having +10 AllSkills will mean you'll never experience a summon-related bug because all summons' population number stop increasing after level 10.
  9. Enabled Blackhorn's Face as an extention on Albrecht's set. oSkills for PhoenixStrike, CobraStrike, CarrionVine. 500%Thorns
  10. Ironpelt - Reduced IronSkin oSkill from 10 to 5. It's still possible to get over level 20 ISkin as an oskill via GoreRider+IronJangBongg+IronPelt+MetalGrid, but not by much
  11. Halved the chance of procs related to PoisonNova on Uniques, Although this spell does less DPS than other Nova-spells, a single proc is essentially proccing it for 8 seconds, making it far more damage than regular Nova-spell procs.
  12. Corrected skills.skpoints formula to recognize changed reqlevel for StaticField, Nova, ArcticBlast, and Fissure
  13. For all hirelings, I changed their AI delay from 1 to 3 (a third the checks with similar effects). I reduced the Regen number from 5 to 3 for all but the A3 merc. Gear has gotten stronger in v1.7, so just like the Valk change above, rebalancing is needed for things which were not considered weak in the past.
  14. Infernal BoneHelm - Swapped the +10 RaiseSkelly oSkill from the hat to the 2-piece hat bonus. This prevents a necro from wearing the hat with a regular wand/Head for +5 RaiseSkelly, although he'd still get +4 to RaiseSkelly and RaiseSkellyMage until he completes the set (he loses a +Skill, but gains lvl 5 BOrders).
  15. Changed DrowStrike from BattleDart(lvl45) to WarDart(lvl65). Enabled DeathBit as BattleDart, coloured purple, with Golem oSkills as an extention to Sander's Set. ConstructForge armor is the last extention, but I can't bring myself to colour it purple.
  16. Kerke's Santuary - removed +AllSkill (so Paladins could get +4 rather than +5 Res Auras from shield-slot). Upped oSkills from lvl 4 to 5, NaturalRes from 4 to 10, added lvl 5 Prayer oSkill.
  17. Ethereye - Added lvl 4 ShapeShifting oSkill. I'm fine with melee sorcs getting an extra 10%HP, just not Barbs.
  18. Enabled Philosopherstone as level 36 ClaspedOrb. It has oSkills for RaiseSkellyKnight and SkellyMastery. I figure it would pair well with LidlessWall, and generally produces a very solid summon for a young Sorc.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
1. Reduced legion physical res to 99% in all difficulties. Set his regen to 1
2. Added starting minions for posts to prevent multiple posts spawning when 1 is unique
3. Slight scarlet resistance reduction (-10)
4. Reduced delay on soulmancer res aura (from 50 to 15)
5. Changed Scarlet AI to be different from other trials.
6. Changed 1 way warp to mancer fortress to 2 way warp.
7. Added a tp orb to gates of arimyth
8. Added visible warp to soulmancer guard rooms.
9. Adjust placement of teleport pad in HF dragon map and warp to mancer fort
(noticed all warps using a telepad are annoying to place, seems to be no set sub tile to fully cover the warp with portal)
10. Added a bulge to the south of plains map to highlight warp to fortress
11. Moved main statue in halls maps to center of the room
12. Changed rejuv pspell from 5 to 3 and calc to recover hp over 1 frame
13. Fixed merc clientside resistance display

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Corrected skills.skpoints formula to recognize changed reqlevel for StaticField, Nova, ArcticBlast, and Fissure[/list]

i think i found some others, including glacial spike, i think raven was having the same problems too, ill let you know if i do

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:07 pm 
Game Server Host

Glacial spike and raven has the correct calc for sure

Spike:
Level 18 Req
Calc: ((ulvl-18)<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1

Raven:
Level 1 Req
Calc: ((ulvl-1)<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:22 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Glacial spike and raven has the correct calc for sure

Spike:
Level 18 Req
Calc: ((ulvl-18)<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1

Raven:
Level 1 Req
Calc: ((ulvl-1)<(blvl*2)) ? (stat('newskills'.accr)+1) : 1

having issues with glacial where req level is 21, i am 21 and cant put a skill in. it is slvl 2, i am 21, should be able to put a third in

my line is correct, not sure what the problem is, may be bad install

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 pm 

The required level shown in the skill description is hardcoded, and mainly shows the first level at which you can raise a skill (after that it becomes misleading). In any D2 version, you could simply equip an item with +AllSkills and watch that part of the skill description change erroneously. In v1.7, I balanced skills around the assumption that people would increase their level once every two character levels (This way the high mana cost and relatively large damage increase for low-leveled spells (EG FireBolt, Raven, etc) were balanced with later-level spells). While testing earlier this year, it was decided that using the formula PureRage quoted was the best way to force players to level a skill once per two levels.

The formula could be rephrased this way:
Is the player's level twice the required level normally needed to raise this skill? If yes, then let them raise it, otherwise don't.

It was debated whether or not the skill description "required level" information should be removed, but since it's always lied, it was decided that there was no significant value it going through that effort.

Since you're playing a Sorc, consider placing an extra point into Warmth or EShield. PDR/MDR in v1.7 should easily cut down trash damage by 1/3, while a maxed (or synergized) EShield can deflect 2/3 damage, so you can become nearly immune to trash if you've the mana to maintain it. Both Warmth and EShield synergize most Sorcs skills to encourage players to level those earlier rather than later.

<edit>Figured I'd add some information, but since he replied, that info belongs in a new post.</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:45 pm 

Brevan wrote:
The required level shown in the skill description is hardcoded, and mainly shows the first level at which you can raise a skill (after that it becomes misleading). In any D2 version, you could simply equip an item with +AllSkills and watch that part of the skill description change erroneously. In v1.7, I balanced skills around the assumption that people would increase their level once every two character levels (This way the high mana cost and relatively large damage increase for low-leveled spells (EG FireBolt, Raven, etc) were balanced with later-level spells). While testing earlier this year, it was decided that using the formula PureRage quoted was the best way to force players to level a skill once per two levels.

The formula could be rephrased this way:
Is the player's level twice the required level normally needed to raise this skill? If yes, then let them raise it, otherwise don't.

It was debated whether or not the skill description "required level" information should be removed, but since it's always lied, it was decided that there was no significant value it going through that effort.

Since you're playing a Sorc, consider placing an extra point into Warmth or EShield. PDR/MDR in v1.7 should easily cut down trash damage by 1/3, while a maxed (or synergized) EShield can deflect 2/3 damage, so you can become nearly immune to trash if you've the mana to maintain it. Both Warmth and EShield synergize most Sorcs skills to encourage players to level those earlier rather than later.

Ah, i see, sorry im not very good at making sense of the code for the most part but im guessing blvl*2 would be every 2 levels, makes sense. thanks, and yes been putting some in warmth, needed mana regen

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:01 pm 

Mana per Kill is a good way to offset mana costs (it occurs as an automod on daggers), but in A1, you could probably just beat things with a stick. Between LifeRegen and PDR/MDR, most chars are pretty durable in A1. Damage to Mana is another good mana mod, but mostly for tanky characters not using EShield, BArmor, or CycloneArmor.

Just so you know, when a skill says it synergizes with another skill, but there are no details about the synergy (EG ShiverArmor and ChillingArmor with either Enchant or EShield), then it's because there were too many synergy effects for me to list (I'm limited to 6 lines of information). EShield's deflection, duration, and efficiency are all improved by it's synergies, while Enchant's duration, AR%, and damage are improved. With that in mind, consider placing a single point in ChillingArmor when you get to level 24, it's quite a lot of bang for the buck (better EShield, and good damage since it's a level 24 skill). ChillingArmor (and ShiverArmor) will counter attack even when the enemy misses you due to high AC or blocking, so it works fine with FrozenArmor.

Another good thing to know is that Gem Shrines are a bit more common in v1.7 (compared to v1.3 at least), and can upgrade gems to StarStone quality from Perfect. Since the shrines make it pretty easy to get PGems in A1 (maybe start with a Normal by cubing 3 flawed from Charsi, and then just WP-hop to check shrines near the WP before making a new game), it's not too hard to craft stuff early, but I'd recommend against early Ruby and Diamond crafts because D2 sets the level requirement to the skill's level +6 (so the lowest level Ruby craft shield (NaturalResistances oSkill) is level 36).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:06 am 
Game Server Host

If the level req string really becomes annoying it's a simple fix to remove it. Already have the code in my notes so it's like a 30 second job:

Code:
Remove the "Required Level" string from skills.
D2Client.dll:
0007555F   85F6             TEST ESI,ESI          ;NOP
00075561   74 67            JE SHORT 000755CA     ; Change to JMP
00075563   56               PUSH ESI
00075564   8D5424 38        LEA EDX,DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+38]
00075568   68 7C70B76F      PUSH 6FB7707C
0007556D   52               PUSH EDX
0007556E   FF15 2CE0B66F    CALL DWORD PTR DS:[6FB6E02C]

We could add the unlock level to the long skill description I guess. Just time consuming to go through 210 descriptions to add the level req.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:41 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
...We could add the unlock level to the long skill description I guess. Just time consuming to go through 210 descriptions to add the level req.
It's been mentioned that a skill's unlocking level is already determined by which row of the skill page it appears on. I don't think we have to be explicit about which level unlocks a skill as long as we consistently have three (since 3 columns) or fewer skills unlock at one time per skill tab. I suppose I'll now cast my vote in favour of editing the code to remove the misleading level requirement information.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:36 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
If you download the full D2SE filetree, you don't need an ISO or even an instal, it works as stand alone.

D2SE Filetree: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003

Just grab the top link. It has a base D2SE folder + a 1.6 folder in the MODS directory already. To setup 1.7, just create a new folder in MODS called HU 1.7 or something and follow the above steps, extracting everything into that folder.

Within the 1.3core folder, you will still need an actual D2Mod.dll, as well as the other appropriate dlls.

To get everything to work this is the order I used.
-Make New 1.3core folder within MODS folder in D2SE
-Copy all files (minus save and language folders) from 1.5/1.6 folder (also within MODS) to the 1.3core folder
-Copy 1.3core files to 1.3core folder
-Copy all files from 1.7publictest to 1.3core

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:18 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Start by installing 1.3:

You missed a step is why it didn't work first time. If you only got the core, you will have problems because the core has no patch, d2mod.dll, d2mod.ini etc. etc. etc. and neither does the 1.7 download. You need to download the core + patch of choice. In other words, Install 1.3, make sure it's working, then download 1.7 and add that on top.

If you copied everything from the 1.6 folder, then any files not included in the 1.7 data folder will be read from the 1.6 patch instead of the 1.3 patch as intended.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:33 pm 

is it easy to swap the new maggot lair maps to replace the old crowded 1 tile ones?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:26 am 
Game Server Host

ao2005 wrote:
is it easy to swap the new maggot lair maps to replace the old crowded 1 tile ones?

Yep, will add for next update, but it won't be for a while until the update is significant (ATM it's just a minor monprop adjustment, d2client edit to remove req level string from skills and the tunnels). Don't want to be updating too often with minor adjustments or it becomes a pain to set up for people testing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:51 pm 

Hi! Sadly game doesn't want me to test it. I tried with a fresh install, 1.10, following your steps and with d2se. In either way I got this pop up when creating a game:
Does anyone know whats wrong?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:29 pm 

Searching the forum turned up a couple pages of results on that error, so it isn't uncommon. Consider reviewing the search results yourself to make a list of things to try.

In 2011, it seems that the new character stat screen display was a common cause:
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?p=37177#p37177

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:13 pm 

Thank Brevan! The thruth is: I are smart. :oops: :lol:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
Start by installing 1.3:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:51 am 

Im getting the same thing as tucker, except it says line #2227 i've reverted to 1.10 and installed the core for 1.3b then the high res lite 1.3b and then the 1.7pb, then the update.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:07 am 

FIXED IT had to add -direct -txt to my shortcunt...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:10 pm 

hey rage, i remember a few patch ago you released an edited experience.txt filethat we we kill 1 monster we where going to 99 right away. i was wondering if you can put it back to Upload im looking to try diff build combination and for some reason and cant edit player wit hero editor so ill do it on a different way tyvm. hopefully you still have that file saved somewhere!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm 

It's not quite the same, but here is a link to 7 character files where each character is level 99, no gear, all runes, all Perfect and SS gems, 4 respec potions, some miscellaneous bits, and 2 cheaty charms.

Link to Test Characters

The two charms give your character +14 skills and +30%SkillDamage (skills are balanced around level 34 and +30%SkillDamage around char level 95). The charms include some +DmgToAttack (about equivalent to an end-game weapon, but you must equip something for your stat-based enhanced damage to kick in), 80 PDR/MDR, and +20%HP/MP mods (end-game gear should give about these amounts of DR and +%HP/MP) if you wanted to quickly run that character through WPs or something to test NM and Hell. Note that Arcanna's Set (Long staff, Skull Cap, Studded Leather) has Teleport as an oSkill, which would probably make a quicker run of things for the test character.

As a reminder, in the test package for v1.7 the cube has recipes such that any item transmutes into an ethereal Unique and Set version of that item. Since Uniques can spawn only once, recubing would produce an ethereal Rare and Set version on the second transmute. A mythGlyph+mythHammer disenchants a Rare down to a Magic item (if you'd like to craft stuff). Most non-equipment (e.g. Gems) will cube into two copies of itself (since no Unique and Set version exist for a Gem).

There is a very important point when testing characters from these files. In v1.7 I wanted Str and Dex points to do more, so I gave all classes an invisible passive skill that gives stat-based perks (+3ARating per Str, +1%Block per 10 Dex, etc). That passive skill will not update unless your +AllSkills skill level recently changed (i.e. rejoin a game, pick up and put down one of the cheaty charms, cast BattleCommand, get a SkillShrine, etc). Just keep that in mind if you dumped 200 points into Strength and want to report that you didn't get 600ARating as described in the Design Document.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 pm 

After reading that Phoenix strike was changed back to the mess that it was (before I started complaining about it), I decided that I should reinstall, update to 1.7 and give feedback. Thankfully, I'm more than likely going to have a friend to test with so expect some feedback on MA sins in about a week.

I've been playing MA sins almost exclusively for the past 4-5 patches and apart from the tanking issues that came from being a caster in melee range with no lifesteal and trying to mix and match tank and caster gear, MA sins were in a pretty decent spot in 1.6. Strong early game with Fists of Fire, with good clearing tools later in the game.
They were far from the best casters, far from the best tanks, and required going through many hoops to do decently against some of the more dangerous bosses (Like charging off nearby enemies or bone prisons, then using Dragon flight).

You can be sure that if the Elemental charges (Not to be mistaken with releases) can proc counters off bosses, you'll be hearing about.

I'd comment on the change to phoenix from what I read so far but if by some strange miracle you actually made it work properly, I want to know for myself before I go on a rant.

I'm really glad 1.7 development is going along nicely, and hopefully I can provide some feedback on a class I was almost the sole player of for many patches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 am 

Didn't have the time to test yet, but decided to do some graphics. More to come in the next couple of days.
Boneshade:
ImageImage
Death's Fathom:
ImageImage
Return Tome:
ImageImage
Spirit Forge:
ImageImage

All *.dc6 files will be submitted to the devs shortly

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:53 pm 

Is there a changelog or patch notes list anywhere? am i just blind?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:30 pm 

If you mean a description of v1.7 in general, then you can take a look at the Design Document. I wrote it a few years ago while brainstorming ideas of how I wanted to change v1.3, so it might be pretty hard to understand in places. I've tried to keep it up to date, so if a skill's numbers in game (except mana costs, I know they're lower in the game) don't match the design document, then let me know. Scroll down to sections 9 through F if you'd just like to see skill descriptions. The points underneath (e.g. "9.1.1 MArrow + Strafe + Pierce") are skills I expected to be used as a build, but you don't have to follow those ideas.

If you wanted to see a comparison of v1.7 to another version, like v1.3 or v1.6, then the differences would be too numerous to be useful. In general, skill synergies are based on a skill's role (single-target, AoE, buff, etc) in a build rather than element. Builds are being designed as Tanks (low damage, high durability) and Fragile (high damage, low durability), with many in-between builds. Item mods are being designed such that a good Basic item might have nearly the same mods as a good Elite item (so upgrading the Basic to Exceptional and then Elite is worthwhile). Trash is stronger while bosses are easier (although no NM/Hell feedback yet, not much feedback on Challenge bosses either).

If you wanted to see the changes with each v1.7 update, then PureRage has been copy-pasting them from a private forum to this thread. Note that while PureRage mentioned he'd have an update in the near future, he seems to have been delayed (possibly computer trouble, but could also be mafia goons).

If you wanted to see v1.7 items, runewords, etc, then there are webpages documenting those things included with the download. Alternatively, you could download the webpage maker (homemade modifications forum), and produce those webpages yourself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:42 pm 

Ok beauty that'll do, interesting so far.

Thanks for your time and work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm 

how can I remove the "insert expansion disk"? I have it mounted but it's still bitching and I can't play :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:41 pm 

Perhaps you're missing one of the .mpq files normally found on the disk. Check that D2XMUSIC.MPQ, D2XTALK.MPQ, and D2XVIDEO.MPQ have been copied from the disk to the folder that contains Game.exe and Diablo II.exe. Normally the game just fetches those files from the disk, but if you're having some issues with the game failing to due that, then you should be able to copy-paste the files to you computer and the game runs with them.

Other .mpq files in that .exe containing folder (perhaps one of them is missing):
d2char.mpq
d2data.mpq
d2exp.mpq
d2music.mpq
d2sfx.mpq
d2speech.mpq
d2video.mpq

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:26 am 

Got it working by

deleting my win "10"* --> installed win XP instead
downloading the [SE file tree]http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14003[/url]
creating a HU_1.7v1 folder in the MODS
extracting: core + high_res core + new 1.7 patch files to that folder

running smoothly with GLIDE! so far so good

I like this setup because it's low on disk space (Parallels Desktop heh) and on XP I don't need to deal with compatibility issues

+ I can still play on server if I want to

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:09 pm 

Hey, i'd like to try it out too! sadly the link is no longer working, both links ends in an error because they don't host the file anymore, if someone could host it again it would be great

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:46 pm 

are the bolts / arrows on merc working?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:54 pm 

v1.7 was based on v1.3, where there were no magic arrows or bolts. Rogues have always had an unlimited supply so there's no need to equip them with arrows or bolts. Considering how strong a ranged-attack strategy is inherently, I'd recommend waiting for v1.9 (not considering v1.8) before re-introducing ammunition with mods on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:27 am 

Hiho,

There's a way to download the 1.7 patch for testing? The links are currently down :(

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:13 am 

baxolo wrote:
Hiho,

There's a way to download the 1.7 patch for testing? The links are currently down :(

Thanks in advance.

Yes please someone!! I've been waiting for over a month, I want to try/test it too!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:19 pm 

i too would like a hand at testing 1.7, bringing back lowres patches is making me super excited for it.

though if we are currently just between versions i can happily wait for the next test iteration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:06 pm 

guys link for 1.7 doesnt work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:28 pm 

I haven't heard from PureRage in a while, and I am not sure on the details needed to produce a testing package. If I haven't heard much from him in a couple weeks, I'll investigate those details and try to produce a testing package.

The package will still require you to install HU v1.3 first, as mentioned in the first post of this thread. Folks who are interested in testing might want to make sure they were able to get D2SE and HUv1.3 installed correctly, since I don't expect to be able to help troubleshoot problems you encounter if you try to do everything at once.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:47 am 

Hey guys is there a full version ready for play like that one: https://dl.orangedox.com/DLYt5hpwnWhg7m3jzs ?

Because I can't install it. Please someone do one like the above if there isn't :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:51 am 

The download link for the 1.7 test version is dead :(

Could you re-upload?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:12 pm 

Since it has been about a couple weeks, I've looked into making a test package. This test package contains no music because apparently those files totaled 800MB while everything else was about 100MB.

I don't have the files or experience with HighResolution mods to prepare a high-res version for v1.7. Sorry about that.

Pretty much the same steps as before:
  1. Get the HUv1.3 core and one of the Normal Resolution downloads from http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4600. It's a good idea to run the game to make sure you've got v1.3 up and going. I won't be able to help much with errors you encounter at this step.
  2. Download the HUv1.7_TestPackage.
  3. Copy all v1.7 files into your v1.3 folder. You should overwrite files with name conflicts. Folders with matching names should get merged together.
  4. There was an update on November 16, download that update and copy the test files into the /data/global/excel/ folder.

There is a Webpages folder included with HUv1.7_TestPackage, it includes every webpage produced by the webpage maker. Feel free to drag that folder out to a more convenient location (or make a shortcut to it). If you'd like to use the Prefix/Suffix page's filtering buttons, then you need to allow javascript in your browser, and if you're using Chrome then the filtering is a bit buggy (search for the word "Group" to jump from mod to mod because the filtered rows don't collapse in Chrome). I recommend reviewing the cube recipe pages at least, since those let you see the testing-formulas (eg Put an item in the cube to return the EthUnique and Set for that item - this will double gems, runes, and other items without Unique or Set counterparts).

There is a Save folder included with HUv1.7_TestPackage, it includes some level 99 characters with every rune, PGem and StarstoneGem, some Respec potions, and some cheaty-charms (the two charms give you the +14 skills and +30%EleDmg expected at the end of the game, they also add damage to attack roughly equal to an end-game weapon). If you kill a monster with them then they convert to level 1 characters, so I've included a backup of each file if you want to test with them again. If you put a respec potion or gem and transmute then you'll produce a copy (useful if you want to use the Upgrade recipes or reset your stats a lot).

I produced this test package by following step 1 above with D2SE, and then adding files until my v1.7 folder matched the new v1.7_Test folder. I confirmed that I could play with the v1.7_Test folder, but I expect it contains uneccessary files. Apologies in advance if I've missed something that prevents you from gettting into the game and trying things out.

<edit> Included November 16 Update </edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:37 am 

ok i managed to make it work on D2SE (easily) though i am not sure its the correct version :)

1)unzip and put the 1.3 core file into D2SE mod folder
2)unzip and put normal resolution in 1.3 folder
3)unzip and put 1.7 into 1.3 folder (overrwrite everthing when needed).

Now when i open D2SE it says version 2.0a. Is this correct? (no plugy support).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am 

i got an error trying to run this (using a new character)

i got an assertion error (D2Common/DATATBLS\DataTbls.cpp, line 2227; expression pbData)

i noted that 1.3 was working properly.

ill give this another shot tonight though, maybe ill be able to figure out what went wrong

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:18 pm 

@DoubtFuLMind
If you're referring to the version mentioned in the D2SE startup screen, then I haven't edited that version number and do not know what it refers to. I checked how that number compares with the VanillaD2 versions, and it looks like it's worth editing in the future to v1.7, if only to prevent possible confusion.

When you start D2, there are two starting screens, one (no buttons) was edited by PureRage to mention v1.7, it also mentions Terry (Soulmancer), etc. The other title screen with buttons mentions v1.10 (D2 version) and D2Mod system 1.03.

Another indicator of v1.7 could be tossing something into your cube and confirming that it transmutes into either the Unique and Set (or triple-durability rare and double durability magic item if no unique/set exist) item or it gets doubled (stuff like gems and potions get doubled). That recipe is just present for testing purposes.

@file824ph
An online search for your error message implies that the error might be related to running without -direct -txt, but there could be other issues. Are you using D2SE? That program is excellent for smoothing the conversation between newer operating systems or graphics cards and D2, as well as allowing you to easily switch from one D2 mod to another.

If you're not using D2SE:
  1. After getting the mod files copied over, run d2modsetup.bat. I don't know if running it before or after coping the v1.7 files is important, but in my experience there's no penalty for running it a few times.
  2. Make sure you start the game with the -direct -txt flags. If you're using HellUnleashed.bat as a shortcut to start the game, then right-click the original .bat file and edit it. It's just a very short text file, so you can confirm if it's running:
    "Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
  3. It might be worth double checking that the .exe files are running with administrator permissions, or in a mode compatible with your operating system.

If those steps don't solve the problem for non-D2SE users, then I can't remember any other common solutions, but you might find more by searching the forum. The v1.3 install thread where you downloaded the v1.3 files surely has lots of problems and solutions among its 10 pages of comments.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:50 pm 

alright ill see if i can figure it out,
i did get d2modsetup to install the mod, and was running it with the direct txt and w flags.

im not using d2se, but i was able to successfully play 1.3, so i had assumed i had things working right.

hopefully i just made some other mistake that was equally simple/stupid

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:18 pm 

i got it working, i had to properly clean the dlls i had because of how my loader works,

for other people using that test package make sure to either remove d2 expres.dll, rename it to some other extension, or remove it from the d2modsetup dll.

due to my choice in loader i couldnt just do option 3, and i had to double check what dlls i was loading. but i dont think anyone else here uses the same loader i do, so just doing the above should fix things in the odd case you have a similar error.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:08 pm 

Hello, I just made the test package for D2SE for my own facebook group, so might as well share it.
https://mega.nz/#!2FxCTaoZ!ZNnM8AI2ZKQF117_ftgWdlqqJXBh_JlOipEVqa_oys0

Don't worry, the file is sfx.

I've enabled plugy, so you can reset both stats and skills via the in game buttons now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:59 am 

@Brevan
All confirmed :)

But well, Ocarinas made it even easier.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 pm 

It's been mentioned a couple times that v1.7 Solo Edition would be pretty quick and easy to produce, as long as folks agree that the only difference should be a monster damage reduction. Below is a link to the two files edited for SoloEdition. To make use of the files, just get the v1.7_Test_Package working, and then in the data/global/excel/ folder place the two files below.

Link to Update

Changes between Multiplayer and Solo Editions:
  1. monlvl.txt - The base damage of monster attacks was reduced by 20%.
  2. skills.txt - The damage of monster spells was reduced by 20%.

Currently I'd expect Normal to be soloable in the Multiplayer Edition, especially since some of the changes made during testing were to make things a bit easier (v1.7 is new enough that some things might seem hard until people get comfortable with them). Feel free to let us know if the 20% damage reduction made things too easy or not easy enough, but at least get to A5 Normal before giving that feedback.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 pm 

I haven't thought of too many changes to make recently, so it's a good time to share a small update. This update contains only text files, so after you download it, you need to drag those files to your data/global/excel/ folder. I've included Solo edition files, so if you'd like to play with those then just rename them (e.g. "skills.txt" -> "Multiplayer skills.txt" and then "SOLO - skills.txt" -> "skills.txt"). Similarly, I've included a high-res "skilldesc.txt" in case there are folks capable of testing in Hi res (there were a few testers earlier this year who were playing HiRes). If you're not playing high resolution already, then I don't have the files or experience to swap you over.

Link to Update

Recent Changes:
  1. monstats.txt, I set the HighUndead flag for some creatures with the Undead montype who were missing it (BonePrison, Sarcophogi, SoulmancerFinal, Samhain, SorrowMage, SorrowMummy). Without this flag (or LowUndead flag, although that makes them resurrectable), HolyBolt can not affect them. I'm open to the argument that SoulmancerFinal and/or Samhain have found a way to be immune to HBolt.
  2. magicsuffix.txt, reduced block mods by 5% down to 5% and 10%
  3. missiles.txt, MonBlizzard tweaked to have effects more similar to Blizzard. Damage unchanged, but previous edits seemed to make it do no damage, it seems to be working now. Changed pCltDoFunc and pSrvDoFunc to match Blizzard, anyone know of a penalty of this?
  4. skills.txt
    - StaticField given CastingDelay 45 -1/3Lvl.
    - Lightning T4 and T5 damage reduced. I'm not sure why, but they were set to values closer to 11/25 monHP damage rather than 10/25 while the other tiers seemed alright.
    - BattleCommand level cap reduced from 20 to 1. It only gained duration with each level like in HUv1.3, so no one ever invested in it. I may as well cap it at level 1 to prevent misclicks.
  5. Novel experiment: Ran a test to check if the random numbers in a large range (1-5k) are uniformly selected. I set a Zombie to 100kHP, Telekinesis to 1-5kDmg, and confirmed that 13 Zombies each died with an average of 40.2 casts while an average of 40 casts was expected (considering miscounts, misclicks, etc, I think any non-uniformity in random selection is too small to consider with a damage range of 5k).
  6. runes.txt, "Jealousy" Mastery oSkills reduced from +5 to +1. Considering it only used Sur and SS Amethyst the extra pierce was overkill (It's still probably 12%PierceAllRes with 100%RegenMP from Masteries after some +AllSkills, but at least players would have to put effort into getting +AllSkills).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:38 pm 

downloaded the latest text files and copy pasted them into the folder overwriting files.

downloaded the test chars pack.

1. once you kill a single mob outside of town in act 1 the test char levels up and becomes lvl 1, it does retain its all stats and skills, but with lvl 1 it cant use any gambled high lvl equipment.

2. I have edited one char with Hero editor, it gave me bit of trouble as it usually does, its not suited to support any mods it seems, I was able to set the lvl back to 99 and give max amount of exp ( it seems the chars have been set to lvl 99 without the required exp ) ( also all wps, quest, difficultys )

So far I have tested assassin a bit.
lvl 39 dragon talon sin, fully synergised with 2x test charms around 200 str 50 dex.

Random gambled gear.

140 dmg War boots.

all in all the most important factor to consider is the lvl 39 dragon talon + 39 tiger striker and 140 dmg boots.

It resulted on around 6k dmg on 3 stacks from tiger strike, to note tiger strike does not seem to rise damage correctly, the skills at lvl 39 suppose to give close to 600% damage increase according to what it says, now base damage from 39 dragon talon with 140 dmg boots was like 2k. so 4 K - 5 K end result with 39 tiger strike on around 600% does not seem to be correct.

Secondly with this set up, mobs out side of town in act 1 hell were taking around 5% dmg with full charged hits, proceeded to test several other locations in hell, the result was the same, all monsters were taking almost no damage from the skill.

With same char I tested lvl 39 Lighting sentry ( 5K damage per trap )
results were similar. Lightning sentry managed to kill act 1 NM mobs with a bit of work, hardly impressive for supposedly a lvl 99 maxed synergy char.

Also the health pool seems to be low, I believe there was a change introduced that was giving a set amount of health/mana on lvl up so perhaps that's is why this char is on below 1k hp with points invested in vit.

tested phoenix strike, with similar results.

I'm attaching the modified Sin, if anyone whana check it out.

lvl 99 all WPS on all Difficulties, Gold, a bunch of respec's. 3x each rune.

Attachments:
save.rar [12.39 KiB]
Downloaded 552 times
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:56 am 

Thanks for taking a close look in later difficulties with some Assassin builds. Sorry about the test chars going to level 1 from 99 after killing something. I clearly set their level but not their EXP (I figured D2 would ignore exp from kills since they were max level), but when I realized the problem (days later) I figured they were still useful to quickly confirm numbers (just not useful for killing/playing). I don't have a hero editor to give them extra WP or quests, but if folks want I could look into sharing characters with maxed EXP.

I took a quick look at the char, and figured I'd fill in some details of your breakdown.

Kick damage formula :
  • MinDamage= (str + dex - 20) / 4 * (100 + skill_bonus) / 100 + BootMinDam * (100 + (str * StrBonus / 100) + skill_bonus + non_weapon ED + Aura_bonus) / 100
  • MaxDamage=(str + dex - 20) / 3 * (100 + skill_bonus) / 100 + BootMaxDam * (100 + (str * StrBonus / 100) + skill_bonus + non_weapon ED + Aura_bonus) / 100

For this instance:
  • The char attached was using DTail rather than DTalon, and I'm pretty sure you meant DTail.
  • Note the formula I'm using for DTail's damage is based on my own experiments, feel free to test yourself since I might have made a mistake in that past experiment.
  • In HUv1.7 the stat bonus for Shield and Boot damage is 1%/Str and 1%/Dex (for weapons it is 0.75%/stat).
Calculating max damage given 250 str, 50 dex, 140MaxDmg boots with +600%TigerStrike and 144%DTail, the result is:
TigerStrike MaxDmg = 280/3 * (100% + 600%) + 140*(100% + 300*1% + 600%) = 653 + 1400 = 2053
DTail AoE MaxDmg = TStrikeDmg * DTailBonus/100 = 2053 *144/100 = 2956
DTail Charscreen damage = TStrikeDmg + DTailAoEDmg = 5009

You mentioned a char screen listing of about 5k Max for DTail, which matches my expectation given the math above. I also checked with your char file and I agree with the numbers you provided, so I think we're both correct so far.

Things that would penalize the build in higher difficulties:
  • NM base resistances are 33%ResAll, Hell resistances are 50%ResAll.
  • The AoE damage of DTail is based on the physical damage it did.
Recalculating the kicks above for a monster in Hell that resists Phys and Fire by 50%:
TigerStrike MaxDmg = 2053 * 50% = 1026
DTail AoE MaxDmg = TStrikeDmg * 144/100 * 50% = 738

The attack should deal about 1.8k to the target of the kick and 0.7k to the critters nearby. Since trash has about 7500HP in Hell, these numbers are about 25%MonHP and 10%MonHP respectively, and are pretty average for Hell AoE spells (most AoE are balanced for 20%MonHP as damage so would be resisted to 10% in Hell). I confirmed that 25% against a DeathMauler in Hell (50%Res Fire and Phys) and it seemed close enough for me. I'd agree that since DTail requires 4 hits to achieve that standard AoE damage, it could use a buff to the point where it does about twice it's current damage in Hell.

At the moment, I think a good solution would be to add -%PhysRes to CoShadows set to 5% +1%/Lvl DTail. The initial 5% doesn't overpower CoShadows, while the final 25% for DTail users would at least double their damage in Hell but be less noticeable in lower difficulties. A downside of that idea is that it practically forces DTail users to max ShadowMaster to bring down the duration of CoShadows. An upside of that idea is that it frees up the build from feeling forced to find an AmpDamage onStrike weapon. I'll play test your char for a while to see what other solutions come to mind (it's hard to imagine that simply doubling DTail is a good idea, but maybe it's not as bad as I expect). Perhaps in a week I can find a better solution. You're welcome to come up with ideas, but I'm almost always disappointed by how hardcoded Assassin skills are.

It's worth noting that BloodMoor Hell's Fallen have 99%ResFire while QuillBears have 75%ResPhys and double life (so both of these mobs would be really hard to bring down without PHammer), that might explain some of your A1 Hell experiment results.

I'd agree that DTail's weakness to both PhysRes and FireRes kinda sucks though, which is why I paired it with PHammer (magic damage is resisted far less, 20% base in Hell, 0% base in Norm). Let me know if that pairing isn't enough to let the build progress, but keep in mind that I wouldn't expect any build to easily solo HUv1.7 in NM or Hell (HU is intended to be a multiplayer mod). I could imagine a DTail Assassin doing alright with 1 point in MindBlast (make some tanks), 1pt CoShadows (disable most monster AI to make tanking easier), and a decent merc (maybe A3 Fire for his aura's -5%FireRes (-10% if you got him charges of level 10 Zeal), or A1 (InnerSight reduces PhysRes by about 20% at level 34)). You'd still have plenty of skill points left over for something (Shadow summon is always handy, maybe Fade).

I did a quick check of the character's HP. The DesignDocument section 8.2 shows that I expected end-game Assassins with 300 Vit to have about 1150HP. The attached char with 160 Vit had about 750HP, which matches expectations (the 140 Vit accounts for about 300 missing HP, gear changes could easily make up the remaining 100). There might be some error caused by editors or the original test char files, but it's too small for me to notice. I think the test char files were made before I increased Assassin's MP/Lvl from 0.5 to 1, so the character would have been missing about 50MP (this would have been very noticeable since she had around 100).

<edit> I've reevaluated TigerStrike, and DTail and the effect of PhysRes and FireRes. I've currently changed the skills of that build in this way:
  • TStrike %ED from 5%/Lvl to 8%/Lvl (Considering stat-based %ED buffs, I think this change makes up for the low-damage TStrike swings needed to build up)
  • DTail %Dmg from 68%+2%/Lvl to 82%+2%/Lvl (This is a minor buff in an acceptable direction, but at level 34 ends at 150% which is kinda pretty). Makes -%FireRes a bit more worthwhile.
  • CoShadows now has PhysRes -5% -1%/2Lvl DTail. Ending at -15% should be sufficient considering the edits to TStrike and DTail, but if folks want it to end at -25% in HUv1.9 then that's probably fine too (it's a bit too strong if you're playing with a few other characters/mercs, but would be a minor effect for Solo since you're still better off using PHammer).
</edit>

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:20 pm 

Following the D2SE install instructions, my friend is able to run 1.7, but graphics are messed up. With Glide enabled he will crash at when opening his inventory with the following error:

Anyone have experience with this? We can't seem to fix it. Purerage previously stated that the d2expres.ini and d2expres.dll could cause graphics issues, but we have replaced those with my files so they should be fine. Any help is appreciated!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:35 pm 

It looks like the install is using high resolution but with low resolution files.

If you managed to get the high resolution test package PureRage shared back in the starting post of this thread (or while testing earlier this year), then let me know and I'll try to research what has gone wrong. The links to PureRage's updates appear dead now, so I can't tell what was in them. If you've got the files for High Resolution, I'd be interested in a copy. I play on low resolution, but I don't mind attempting to share a high res version of v1.7.

If you're using the test package I posted in this post of this thread, then I don't expect that package to work with resolutions higher than 800x600. I don't have the files or experience playing with higher resolutions to make that test package. To make the test package work for me, I made a new folder in my D2SE mods folder, installed HUv1.3 LowResolution, and then copied files over until it was using HUv1.7 data. I then made a new character and played him to about level 14 to confirm that things were working. The files I copied over are the files I shared as a test package earlier in this thread.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:41 pm 

@ Brevan
Thanks m8. That was it. I copied him my files and it worked ezpz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm 

im having some strange issues, and im not sure where i went wrong with installation! i keep getting unhandleded exception access violation c0000005 randomly, and when trying to load the game after which will work randomly if i remove the folder and return it, and when i talk to cain.

i followed the instructions, used the d2se plugin for 1.3 and almost everything works but those wonky crashes. any idea where i went wrong?so far i love this patch, but im not sure how to stop this weird glitch :x

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:12 pm 

I'm not sure it's specific to v1.3 or v1.7, but there does seem to be a pretty common crash (sometimes) when you talk to Cain with unidentified items in your inventory. I haven't come across that problem in months, but when I inevitably do, my solution is to reboot my computer. It seems to solve that specific problem 100% of the time. I don't know if there is a solution (similar to the DarkWood Way Point crash - although this is easily avoided by just taking any other WP and waiting for the "Entering Area X" message to disappear before taking the DarkWood WP).

If you can think of other situations that cause you to crash besides DarkWood WP and talking to Cain while carrying unidentified items, let me know and I'll see if there are known solutions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:42 am 

Here is possibly the last update for v1.7 before it goes public. I'll stop updates while I figure out the packaging of MPQ files, etc. If people want a HighResolution package, then they'll need to direct me to where I can find the files (e.g. the background pictures for the inventory, skill trees, etc).

This update contains all the text files, so if you've missed out on previous updates but have some version of HUv1.7 running, then this should bring you up to date.
I've included a skilldesc file for HighResolution that will need to be renamed.
I've included solo edition files for monster damage and skills, but they will need to be renamed.

Link to Update

Recent Changes:
  1. skills.txt
    - TigerStike ED from 5%/Lvl to 8%/Lvl
    - DTail %Dmg from 68% +2/Lvl to 82%+2/Lvl
    - CoShadows given %PhysRes -5% -1%/2Lvl DTail
    - WereWolf allowed to be on left-click (simple human error was why this wasn't already left-clickable. Note that you have to hold Shift key to make this work)
  2. skilldesc.txt, Updated for CoShadows changes (note I ran out of param fields in skills.txt, so the DTail synergy doesn't use references)
  3. cubemain.txt, removed testing recipes, if you want to quickly cube up gems, runes, uniques or sets for testing, then don't copy over this file, it only adds the changes below
    - Temper a CraftedJewel recipe now requires AdamantHammer and AdamantGlyph (similar to the quality-upgrade recipes).
    - Temper a TemperedJewel recipe now requires AdamantHammer and StarStone gem of the desired Temperment.
    - RespecPotion recipe disabled (HPot + MPot = Respec).
    - Testing recipes disabled (Item = Uni + Set (this is what doubled non-equipment), EthUni = Uni)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:42 pm 

D2Loader Error
Assertion Failure
Expression : pbData

I get this when I create a game and then it crashes.

Running d2modsetup to uninstall mod seems to remove error?

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:17 pm 

No guarantees, but file824ph had and solved that issue a few posts after my HUv1.7 Test Post. If your issue is the same, then I think it's caused by a high-resolution file being included in D2Mod.ini that came with HUv1.3 (I think).

Although file824ph found a solution, I think another solution would be to edit D2Mod.ini (a simple editor like Notepad will work) and remove the line:
d2expres=d2expres.dll

Save the file when you're done and see if the problem persists.

You could also try the link ocarinas prepared.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:07 pm 

AHHHH! I needed -direct -txt in shortcut. Sorry!

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:41 pm 

Does it not work on highres? Graphics all buggy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:16 am 

Was Tyraels and Templars removed? Not in Webpages

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 am 

Currently v1.7 still does not work in HighRes. I've received a set of files for HighRes recently, but have not had the opportunity to go through them looking for differences. I think it's pretty likely that I'll have a HighRes version by January.

The webpages are accurate, so if there is some unique that you were really hoping for but that doesn't exist, then let me know. I don't mind rebalancing and enabling it. In general, there are very few uniques that passed from v1.3 to v1.7 unchanged, and in most cases I only enabled a unique when the name or purpose of the unique seemed worthwhile. As it is, if I were to enabled Templars (offensive caster armor), it would look a lot like the "Hatred" runeword, so let me know if you'd like me to go in some other direction with it. It's also worth remembering that the uniques and set items of v1.7 are intended to be upgraded in the cube, which should make most normal and exceptional items on par with the elites. If you find an exception to that, then let me know since that's probably a balance bug.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:24 pm 

These skills were tested at level 34 with max synergies and a 30% damage boost.

Sorceress

Hydra: 1425-2320 damage

Fireball: 2255-3024 damage

Meteor: 1945-2819 damage & 1302-1865 dps

Blaze: 1058-1633 dps

Ecnhant: 1343-1656 damage

Blizzard: 2574-3264 damage

Druid

Tornado: 2421-3510 damage

Spirit Wolf: 399-1197 damage

Dire Wolf: 2588-5137 damage (no cast delay?)

Grizzly: 4646-6969 damage (no cast delay?)

Amazon

Poison Javelin: 6935 damage over 8 seconds (866 dps)

Pleague Javelin:6663 damage over 8 seconds (832 dps)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:27 pm 

I think those poison skills very weak. You can't stack them like you can blizzard for instance. You can stack 5 blizzards at 3,200 DPS which is 16,000 damage per second. Poison you can't stack so 6,935 damage over 8 seconds is 866 damage per second. It's roughly 20x weaker than blizzard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:46 pm 

Summons
There are no cast delays on fragile summons like Dire, Grizzly, Golems, etc. I expect those summons to die pretty easily unless you've got some means of keeping them alive (tanking for them (yourself or with other summons), AI curses like DimVision, etc). A player should still be limited from using Fragile summons for tanking because it's hard to afford the mana to spam them, but if that's what you've geared your character to do, then it might work.

Class Balance
Sorcs are intended to be the most fragile and most damaging class, while Barbs and SShifting Druids are intended to be the most tanky but least damaging. There should be exceptions (WarCry Barbs, Enchant Sorcs, etc), but it's worth considering the other skills available to a build. PoisonJav and PlagueJav are relatively low-damage even for poison skills because they're launched at range by a relatively tanky class (Valk and/or Decoy summons, higher life, probably decent block, etc), and while poison damage doesn't stack with itself, it will work even while you're using the other skills of that class (LtngFury and LtngJav in this case - note that neither of those is especially damaging). Poison has advantages of using relatively low mana cost (cast once per 8 seconds is enough) and following the target (you'd need a solid tank for spells like Blizzard and Meteor to really shine (a Tanky merc would probably do fine)).

I'm a bit surprised that level 34 Blizzard is doing roughly 10/25th monHP as damage, since it was intended to be 8/25th. I've reduced it a little, but will leave it a touch on the high side (9/25th). Blizzard (radius 5 yards, 8 shards per second) damage should be pretty similar to Meteor (6 yards, hits all targets in radius), but it's a bit harder to balance since there's no guarantee that Blizzard's shards will hit any target, and if the target is large (act bosses, seige beasts, etc) then it's likely that multiple shards will hit each second. I don't mind if the skills aren't 100% balanced or if they're off by 10%-15% of each other, but I'll tone down Blizzard a bit towards the design document (not a flawless source, but it keeps track of my decisions when I've forgotten what motivated them). In my play testing of Blizzard, it was fine before and I expect it to be alright if reduced a little.

Thank you for taking a look and raising doubts. Feel free to try a Javazon and let me know if they seemed alright (i.e. Tanky enough that the poison had time to contribute, low cost enough that you could include Lightning skills, etc). I don't recall any testers giving either of those builds a try. I respect that some skills are pretty hard to balance on paper (to me most summons look silly-powerful on paper, but their AI is brutally balancing at times ("Man, this fight would have been over if that wolf would just f*%&ing attack...")). Most play tests of Sorcs concluded that spell costs were too high, and resulted in the costs being reduced 20% for most skills (for all classes, not just Sorcs), it wasn't a unanimous choice but it's good enough for one season of HU. I think v1.7 might be considered a bit easy once folks get used to the changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:13 pm 

Has the monsters and bosses been greatly reduced in strength as well? As of right now it appears hero's are 10x weaker than what they once were.

It looks like Prowess in Battle is meant to be one of the best melee weapon runewords? Uses Zod and Cham. Revenge doesn't seem much worse than it for only mid runes.

Also skeptical why classic items like Fathom, Tomb Reaver, Templars, Tyraels, Blood Raven, etc. were removed? :(

As of right now the whole thing seems very bland and different from what HU has been for 10+ years.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:43 pm 

The monsters have been adjusted, and generally follow the design document. Testers felt that some trash groups are tougher than bosses, so it might be a good idea to 1-point skills that manage trash well (AI curses, summons, Convert, Howl, stun-effects, etc).

It's worth noting that runes are quite a bit more common in v1.7 that previous HU versions. Monsters will typically drop runes up to their level, and not much lower than half their level (so by A4 Norm, you're more likly to find Ist or Lo rather than Tal or Fal).

Are you asking for those uniques to be returned? Any others? As mentioned, they'd be rebalanced (85-100%ED, not a lot else would change except some item slots are restricted for the buffs they can have (e.g. no crushing blow off of gloves and weapons)). The main reason I disabled most uniques was because they didn't seem worthwhile compared to rares. Before I shared my files with PureRage I'd occasionally find a unique, and toss it because I'd rather have had a triple-durability rare. I started rebalancing stuff by just working my way down the Uniques.txt file, but that got boring fast since most uniques were just becoming clones of each other. As mentioned before, if there's an item you really liked, I don't mind enabling it, but after about a week I'm going to remove that offer since I'd like to finish packing stuff and looking into preparing a high-res version. I'm not sure why, but high-res seems pretty important for quite a few players.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:16 pm 

Well the items mods have to be considered by what it's intended use is. Example, tomb reaver was always a shape druids best weapon. It typically has very high IAS as shape druids ONLY get IAS from weapons. Additional IAS doesn't effect shape shift attack speed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:17 pm 

I'll do some more testing today.

I'd love to see wlfhowl helmet returned! Shape barbs were fun!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:45 pm 

I've reviewed TombReaver as it was in v1.3 (sorry if it's been changed recently and it was the new version you were thinking of), it's main features were high damage, high ias, PMHeal, Reanimates, res-all, heal-onKill, and +ARatingVsUndead. If I were to rebalance it (reduce IAS to standard values (I've been keeping unsocketed weapons below the -70 speed threshold, melee in v1.7 seem too strong despite that), increase DStrike to Polearm-auto-mod, removed ResAll since it's offensive themed, add AllSkills), it would be very similar to TheGrimReaper if that were upgraded to Elite (I'd let it keep some undead-killing theme to fit the name, maybe give it some HP-onStrike rather than HP-onKill). Does that sound alright? Was it just the IAS that made it useful, if so then perhaps it could have below-average %ED to compensate for the extra IAS.

I don't mind enabling WolfHowl. It would end up being about the same as the "Cresent Moon" runeword made in a barb hat. There are several shapeshifty options already, such as CrescentMoon ammy, BloodCresent sword (more for elemental builds), TalRasha's Boot, etc. Let me know if there were particular features of that hat you were thinking about.

<edit> Removed edit and posted the items below, since Cory might miss the information.</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:29 pm 

Was mostly IAS, then dmg, then deadly. You need a ton of weapon IAS for a good attack speed on fury druid!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:42 pm 

I've enabled these two items, let me know if they're designed in the direction you'd like:
WolfHowl
Lvl10 Fanged Helm (an early-availability wolfing option besides BloodCrescent)
+1 to All Skills
+85-100% Enhanced Defense
+4 to oSkill Wearwolf
+6/2 ARating per Player Level
+1 to oSkill Howl
3% Slain Reanimate as shadewolf
+20% FHRecovery
+2% Life Steal
18-20% HP lost goes to MP
Skills Last +22-25% Longer
2 Sockets

TombReaver
Lvl 90 Giant Thresher
+6 to All Skills
+15-20% chance for Deadly Strike
+70-85% Enhanced Damage
+45-50% IASpeed and Durability
(-90 speed point)
+5 Light Radius
+85-100% Enhanced Damage and +200 ARating vs Undead
Rest in Peace
+18-20 HP on Strike
+2 MP on Strike
+12-15% Elemental and Non-Elemental Damage
+8-10% Resist All

It isn't automatically ethereal because it's high speed and healing onStrike with low phys damage might make it good for elemental-attack builds in IMaiden laden areas. It could always be socketed and made indestructible if it spawned eth.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:29 pm 

Still don't know if it will reach significant speed to make fury good. May be able to get a 5 frame fury.

Wlfhowl I'd say add oskill Lycan and a wolf attack skill like fury or feral.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:32 pm 

I'm not sure if werewolf speed website wolf form central is still around...

http://my.xfinity.com/~thedragoon/wereformadvanced.html

Gone :-( dunno if we can find breakpoints in files? Maybe lower them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:52 pm 

The IAS resource I have shows WWolf with Fury getting 5 frames with -70 speed and 4 frames with -90. v1.7 shouldn't easily have melee attacking more than 4-5 times a second, so I'm not willing to buff the weapon even further. I understand that some attack animations can achieve a 2 frame attack, but I consider that a bug rather than a goal.

If I add Fury or Feral to the hat, then it'll bump up the required level to the level of the oSkill +6 (so level 36 in the case of Fury). I'll swap out the LifeLeach for FeralRage though, that sounds more interesting than a static life leach. Keep in mind you can just use your regular attack skills in WWolf form. DoubleSwing looks kinda dumb though, since the WWolf has no animation for it. At least WW gets the little swishy-swirls going around the char. No Lycanthropy though, since that was already flagged as an exploit during testing. If you'd rather have +%HP rather than ReplenishLife, then make "CrescentMoon" in a Barb hat and wear some gear that allows WWolf. Alternatively, consider playing a Druid.

After reviewing a young Barb's access to WWolf oskill, I'm going to change BloodCrescent from +5 WereForms to +1 with a 30 ReplenishLife mod because it isn't fair for a level 18 Barb to have the potential for level 15 WereWolf in addition to his normal tankiness (Level 7 isn't too bad since I'd already come to accept level 10). With that change it's harder for a Barb to just dual-wield BloodCrescent on switch for a shape-change buff that lasts a few minutes and buffs ReplenishLife (by a lot for level 10 to 30), ARating (this was fine by me), and CriticalStrike (this is significant, especially end-game). If a young Barb were now to dual-wield BloodCrescent with WolfHowl, then he'd certainly have excellent ReplenishLife to help him tank, and I suppose if he gemmed BloodCrescent well then his damage would be decent for quite a while.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:06 am 

So you lowered unique ed armors down to 100ed max? and got rid of tyreals and all that?
Let me get this straight, the search for unique's is now over and we want to look for rare items in the new mod? ok..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 pm 

Yeah it seem like there wont be much grinding for endgame gear. I'm not sure how that will work out. Some mid level runewords were as good as endgame runewords that use zod. Instead of grinding for elite level uniques you can just up a normal quality one.

Not sure I understand the logic behind this. I liked 1.3b a lot, just needed some tweaking and balancing. But it seems like this has just changed everything to a game veterans will be totally unfamiliar with.

In any patch some one could have asked me, "what's the best build for a meteor sorc?" And I could have told you what to do with skills for synergies and best gear, templars, Griff's, fathom or tfk, eye of flame rings, maras, lavagouts, infernostrides, that skill shield, arach belt.

Now I have no idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 am 

I tried downloading the 1.7 test patch and it says it's no longer up there do to inactivity.. would love to try it out.. cheers..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:36 am 

About when you will have a complete version for download?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:55 pm 

Cory wrote:
Now I have no idea.

It's definitely a learning curve since you have to figure out what all the new stuff does, but that's half the fun for me. Gotta actually use my brain to figure out new cool builds and strategies, rather than "herp derp I'm gonna do the EXACT SAME THING I've been doing every ladder reset for 10 years."

Empty wrote:
Let me get this straight, the search for unique's is now over and we want to look for rare items in the new mod? ok..

What? 2 uniques get removed and that means the game is about looking for rares? You can upgrade uniques, upgrade sets, create runewords, craft stuff... or, yea, use a rare. Now there are different options instead of being force fed the 2 cookie cutter armors late game. Maybe people like having 2 OP "must-haves" instead of a variety of possibilities *shrugs*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 pm 

The changes done to itemization are pretty good imho. More choices = more fun. I can see rares and even blues being used with variety of characters. (+10 oskil blue amulets :) )

There are still plenty of uniques that are very good and will be used, at least the ones I have found were.

1.7 itemization logic might remind some of how PoE numbers work. That is in favor or all rarities. Game gets quite challenging later on, so it will require a bit of time to get a hang of it.

I can understand people being worried. Im a big fan of 1.3 myself, it was the best patch till date, its going to be hard to top it up, and fixing the power creep seems to be a step into the right direction, which is diversity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:30 pm 

I was wondering if there is away to get this test patch the web sight says it was removed..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:04 pm 

TL;DR:
- Upgrading recipes add some important stats, so yes you can use an upgraded basic item end-game if you want.
- Runewords with higher runes do contains differences, but let me know if you think you've spotted a problem. Upgrading most Superior weapons, shields and hats from exceptional to Elite gains a +Skill, so it is assumed on all recipes. You will have spare high runes.
- v1.7 is trying to promote playing new characters rather than focusing on the end-game item grind.
- I will try to get a final-release Solo version link up by next Monday.

The recipes for Upgrading items (uniques, sets, Superior, rares, crafts, etc) add +Skills and PDR/MDR when appropriate (the goal was to keep up with automods on exceptional/elite versions). The design document includes a poorly-formatted table that describes when an item slot should have more skills in order to maintain the end-game cap of about +14Skills, so the +Skills from recipes generally align with that. With this in mind, you should be able upgrade a Basic item to Elite and use it well, and in cases where that Elite item will be missing a +1Skills mod, I try to make the Basic item strong enough to overcome that (the unique cap has already been mentioned as maybe too OP for a Basic Unique, but add +2AllSkills and 10 PDR/MDR when it's Elite and I think it'd still be alright for a level 80 phys-dmg Fighter build).

One reason Elite runewords might not appear especially powerful compared to basic runewords is because I'm also considering the automods that exist on items, but higher runes should give access to some better stats. The DeadlyStrike and OpenWounds (or CrushingBlow and Slow if made in blunt weapons) on "ProwessInBattle" are offensively very strong. "Revenge" is defensively very worthwhile if you'd like to charge-synergize a Salvation oSkill or you need to weaken enemies via BattleCry, but make "Revenge" in an elite weapon with a +Skill on it (upgrading exceptional Superior weapons to Elite gets a +1Skill (+2 for 2-handed weapons) if the Elite wouldn't have had skills, "Revenge" still won't end up with the +3Skills allowed on Elite weapon slots, but you didn't spend many runes either).

There will still be (slightly?) imbalanced or dumb looking items though, I'm still not a fan of "HolyThunder" runeword (I made it back in 2012 when I was having fun with the TStorm onAttack mod, I basically derped-out with "Zomg, it's even got Thunder in the name!1!!"). I've debated removing that word, but I can't think of anything better and it's not worth removing (I did remove a Lightning onStrike bow because the Lightning spawned from the monster hit rather than the player, so it was pretty ineffective. My goal was to reproduce a Diablo1 bow that shot lightning bolts). When I see those types of items nowadays, I just remind myself that it's alright if HUv1.9 is better than v1.7.

One thing I didn't like about HUv1.3 is that the Elite uniques tended to make the game much easier, so the game's challenge started to decrease quite a bit. When I initially designed my changes to HU, I wanted players in Norm difficulty to gain power mostly from leveling while players in NM gained power mostly by gaining items, but players in Hell were on their own (I wanted Hell completion to be more of a trophy rather than just the start of item-grinding (Hell grinding might be partly responsible for the challenge in finding questing parties on the realm)). During testing earlier this year, I made it dramatically easier for players to find exceptional (even Elites in A5) items in Norm difficulty, which might take away some of the fun from NM, but I still think that was a good decision. I understand that some players enjoy the relaxing pace of farming for uniques, but I think v1.8 or maybe v1.9 will be better for that. In v1.7 I'd rather promote the questing of new characters.

I will try to get a Solo version link up in the near future (end of this week, after which I won't add items). Keep in mind that if you download that Solo version and play online, then you'll be playing with Multiplayer stats. Solo version stats only apply to SinglePlayer and hosting TCP/IP games. Personally, I'd recommend not downloading a Multiplayer version if you've already got the Solo version.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:40 pm 

Quote:
One thing I didn't like about HUv1.3 is that the Elite uniques tended to make the game much easier, so the game's challenge started to decrease quite a bit.

This is a point I often hear people say. But I think the game should be less difficult for those who commit to grinding hundreds of hours for elite gear. The people who often said "it's too easy for ____" were people stuck in nightmare while we had a party in hell grinding exp and farming 5-10 hours a day.

I'm doing some more testing right now on a char. Testing a blizz sorc with what I think would be perfect gear. See how she fairs on her own.

What I thought was good gear is apparently not. I was getting demolished in Blood Moor on Hell. I even died by Lazurus on normal mode...

I made gear to give me these stats.

14 All Skills
30% ele damage
30% physical damage
100 all res
40% damage reduction
60% frw
100% fbr
100% fhr
100% ias
100% fcr
30% max life
30% max mana
40 all attributes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 pm 

Where are crafting recipes?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 pm 

Cory wrote:
I'm doing some more testing right now on a char. Testing a blizz sorc with what I think would be perfect gear. died by Lazurus on normal mode...

Try dodging the meteors :lol:

Cory wrote:
Where are crafting recipes?

Inside the 1.7 folder there's a folder called WebPages, go to the crafting recipes -> blue items.

EDIT: formatting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:05 pm 

Below is a v1.7 test package that includes recent changes to mitigate state overload (characters with 19 or more states cause problems in multiplayer). As a side effect, it's very important that your characters have access to +AllSkill gear most of the time.

This test package contains no music because apparently those files totaled 800MB while everything else was about 100MB. I'm pretty sure the HighRes package works, but my modding folders and files are getting numerous enough to be a hassle, which makes it hard for me to guarantee that I didn't miss a step of file (luckily already caught a problem before uploading, maybe it was the only one).

Pretty much the same steps as before, but you can skip dealing with HUv1.3 if you've done that in the past:
  1. Get the HUv1.3 core and one of the resolution downloads from
    http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4600
    It's a good idea to run the game to make sure you've got v1.3 up and going. I won't be able to help much with errors you encounter at this step.
  2. Download only one of:
    HUv1.7_LowRes_TestPackage
    HUv1.7_HighRes_TestPackage (requires HUv1.3_HighRes)
  3. Copy all v1.7 files into your v1.3 folder. You should overwrite files with name conflicts. Folders with matching names should get merged together.

There is a Webpages folder included, it includes every webpage produced by the webpage maker, and a "home.htm" page for you to start on (it might help organize the other pages for you). Feel free to drag that folder out to a more convenient location (or make a shortcut to it). If you'd like to use the Prefix/Suffix page's filtering buttons, then you need to allow javascript in your browser, and if you're using Chrome then the filtering is a bit buggy (search for the word "Group" to jump from mod to mod because the filtered rows don't collapse in Chrome). I recommend reviewing the cube recipe pages at least, since those let you see the testing-formulas (eg Put an item in the cube to return the EthUnique and Set for that item - this will double gems, runes, and other items without Unique or Set counterparts).

There is a Save folder included with HUv1.7_TestPackage, it includes some level 99 characters with every rune, PGem and StarstoneGem, some Respec potions, and some cheaty-charms (the two charms give you the +14 skills and +30%EleDmg expected at the end of the game, they also add damage to attack roughly equal to an end-game weapon). If you kill a monster with them then they convert to level 1 characters, so I've included a backup of each file if you want to test with them again. If you put a respec potion or gem and transmute then you'll produce a copy (useful if you want to use the Upgrade recipes or reset your stats a lot). I've also included copies of pretty much every character I've made for v1.7, some of which still contain cheaty-charms (for example I was recently rushing the sorc Shanova through Hell difficulty because I wanted to double check LoShadows with someone other than Pallaguy). Those chars might let you jump into some variety of test quicker. Feel free to respec them to whatever build you want.

If you have feedback to give, please use the feedback thread. I'm starting to have trouble finding v1.7 feedback when I'm making updates.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:43 pm 

If you're confident that you're not missing something, then here's a link to just the files changed since the November update. I've organized it as a folder tree since a string file was also edited. It includes skilldesc_HiRes.txt, which you'll have to rename if you're playing on High resolution. You should be able to just merge it with your data folder.

Link to Update (This is not a test package)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:58 pm 

Stupid question the text file you need to rename what name should it have lol..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:07 pm 
Game Server Host

Just remove the "_HiRes" bit, you will likely need to rename the existing skilldesc.txt to "skilldesc_LowRes.txt" first so it allows you to change the "_HiRes" one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:39 pm 

I'm going to do a reinstall the mod so all the files are clean from conflict.. after that going to try you rename suggestions .. thx for the info..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:48 pm 

Another question.. is there a 1.7 patch or are you guys using 1.3d's patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:01 pm 

If you're referring to an mpq file, then we're using v1.3's patch_d2.mpq, and the data folder contains v1.7 data, so you'll need to run with -direct -txt.

When folks have finished with item suggestions or requests, then we'll prepare a v1.7 patch_d2.mpq file.

If you're running into some error, let me know. There's a reasonable chance that I made a mistake putting the test packages together.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 am 

I got it up and running.. tomorrow I will run low to mid lvl boss fights with your test chars.... Cheers for the tips you guys helping me get this up and running

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 am 

Where can I find a working download link?
All I see is error messages from dropbox/megafileupload.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 am 

Sorry, but I have deleted the test package to make room for the final version. I've created some additional DropBox accounts (very likely that bandwidth will be exceeded), as well as some BitTorrent links for those who are comfortable with BitTorrent (potentially faster and more reliable than anything else if several folks seed their file).

I won't be sharing those download links until the finalized version has been double checked (already found a bug that was worth repackaging everything).

Here are the final webpages for items, monprops, bossstats, etc.

Offline Profile