Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

Post subject: Quest Related Changes (v1.7 Related)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 pm 
Game Server Host

This will just be a rough draft as I'm short on time.

Ormus will now reward a token depending on the difficulty you complete the gidbin quest in. Cubing the token with your return tome grants access to the corresponding level challenge.

EG. You are within the correct level range and have read a challenge map. If your warp book (Tristram Codex) does not have the bonus granted by the ormus quest, you can't access the challenge.
Gidbin spawner is "fetish11" in monstats.txt so can be replaced with a more interesting monster to fight if desired.
=========================================================

Akara reward for rescuing cain:

Aara now rewards you with a unique ring not available anywhere else. This ring comes with a unique resistance stat that gains strength the lower your hp falls, so at 50%hp you have 5% all res if the power on the ring is 10. It also includes the following bonuses:
Norm: 10 power, +1 random skill to a random class + 1 open socket (can be rerolled using 3 rare rings or traded)
NM: 15 power, +2 random skills to the same class + 1 open socket (can be rerolled using 3 rare rings or traded)
Hell: 20 power, +2 random skills to the same class, +1 to the same classes skills + 1 open socket (can be rerolled using 3 rare rings or traded)

These rings are special as they come with an empty socket. Crafted and tempered jewels have been introduced that can only be socketed into these rings. First you choose an elemental/attack type craft. Then you can temper it up to 5 times, increasing pierce/absorb/mastery by 1% per temper using any element you want. Essentially crafting on top, but only granting 1% increases.
Tempering a crafted jewel grants the jewel the stats from the craft + 10 power (stat used by the increasing resistance bonus). Each additional temper increases the power by 1, level req by 4 and 1% of the bonus a similar craft would add. So a fire crafted jewel could then be tempered with cold stats at 1% per temper for a multi element jewel to use on your ring.
Tempered jewels start at +19 level req added to the ring, maxing at +39 level req with 5 full tempers.

Tempering increases the level requirement added to the ring when socketed, so a hell ring (lvl 60 req) with maximum tempered jewel (+39 lvl req) will be level 99 ring. 95 with 4 tempers, 91 with 3 tempers, etc. etc.
The result is a ring you have designed yourself to cater to your own specific build.

Crafted and tempered jewels can only be used on these rings to prevent stacking these powerful mods on all items.

================================================
Ormus Gidbinn Quest:

Ormus now rewards you with a gyph that can be added to your Tristram Coxed. The glyph unlocks the soul stealer codex trial in normal, scarlet trial in NM and sorrow trial in Hell.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Quest Related Changes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:35 am 

this is a really cool idea, looking forward to hear / see more of it in the future.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 am 
Game Server Host

This is fully implemented. Example of hell akara ring + poison craft + 5 temper jewel:

3% pierce, 4% dmg craft + 1% each temper + 4 level req/temper

level 60 req ring + 39 level req jewel = level 99 ring

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:26 pm 

Fought SoulStealer (cheated-up an Ormus reward via cube). The character I used was a lvl 70 heavy tank Druid (10%LifeLeach, lvl 20 Lycanthropy & WereWolf) with A3 Cold Merc, and the quest was generally pretty easy (probably as expected given the high level). Unfortunately my tankishness made it hard to tell if SS's spells were working, I once stood in the VampiricIcon spell's purple flames, but only briefly, and they did no damage (spell stats looks fine though, so I think it's a combination of the dual-element nature of it against my 50 DR/MDR and 300 life regen).

SS'sCats1
  • skeleton6 drops "DiabloQ" TreasureClass whether plain, champ, or named. Certainly makes for impressive floor litter. After checking some old backups, I see that this TC was inherited from the HUv1.3 files. I'll replace it with something appropriate for the level, unless folks would like something slightly higher (i.e. he's level 55, but could drop a level 60 TC). For now I'll make him drop as a level 55.
  • succubus6 namestring "AnguishMistress" not found
    - drops XXX-Unique TC whether plain, champ, or named. I'm assuming this was another inherited oddity. Let me know if she's a regular trash monster, or something special, and I'll adjust her TC if you like. I'll leave her as is, since she seems alright given her stats.
    - monstats.txt HP=1000%, intended? Their A1 is HighPhys + HighCold damage, so seems about right.
    - Skill1 and Skill2 are blank, intended?

SS'sCastle
  • Could see monsters through walls (intended?)
  • Encountered Champ/Unique Seraphim (curstguard), which were generally healed often enough that I ignored them. I don't consider this a bug, but I'm mentioning it because it's out of the ordinary.
  • SoulStealer's aura made him immune to 1-5 elements (usually 1-2) at a time, switching about every 2 seconds (seems to be working as intended)
  • SS's spells are set to level 1, but as a fancy boss, I'd expect them to be level 20 (i.e. double-damage)

I looked into How SS's salvation aura works (random +1-100%Res to each element separately), and noticed that since the average is 50%, he will often be immune to nearly everything in Hell setting (since his base resistances is 50%). A Fire-Immune boss will still have their heal-timer reset from a fire spell like FireBolt, so maybe this is a feature of the challenge. Perhaps he's being balanced with the assumption of LRes, Conviction, and SMissiles, which is fine with me (since these would have full effect in breaking his "Immunity").

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:45 am 
Game Server Host

My laptop completely died yesterday so I can only answer by memory. Soulstealer won't be fought in nm/hell, as the cap is lvl 70, could set his nm/hell res to 0s np. Any higher and you can't access it. (defaults to town or next trial.)

Anguishmistress, not sure i need to see the files to be 100% but i think she is just a trash mob. Should have stats/tc that reflect that.

Thinking back, I believe i populated the map to test all spawns were ok then moved on, planning to balance everything after testing. I think I had a busy week or 2 after that and forgot all about it. Feel free to make adjustments as needed, otherwise I'll get it cleaned up this weekend once I have a new machine set up. PS4 browser to the rescue. This virtual keyboard is gonna give me carpal tunnel though, lol.

Seraphs, maybe stop them spawning as champ etc. in levels.txt if the heal is causing unkillable annoyance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:34 pm 

I made these changes for the next text-file update:
  • SoulStealer critter succubus6 changed to spawn by herself with 2-3 A4 SandLeapers and 2-3 A3 UndeadFetishes. HP changed from 1000% to 300%, blank spells filled with ChainLightning and FireOrb at trash-levels (i.e. 1), raised level to 58 from 56. Flagged as a PrimeEvil (i.e. NPC-Slayer, lvl 58+2). lvl 5 Conviction aura. TreasureClass changed to level appropriate caster. Gave her the name string of an arbitrary nearby succubus.
  • SoulStealer critter skeleton6 TreasureClass changed to level appropriate melee. Given ChaosHorde monprop (Fade onStruck, LRes on Death, 15%onStruck Immunity to 1-3 elements for 1 second (timer resets if it procs while active)).
  • SoulStealer's Castle level has LoSDraw changed from 0 to 1. Noteably I left the potential for champ/unique Seraphim (CurstGuard), since they give players a preview of NM/Hell, and can always be skipped if players want to (i.e. they don't chase).

After a bit of playing, I noticed these issues that aren't fixable via text-file edits (let me know if screen-captures are required rather than descriptions):
  • As soon as you enter Soulstealer's Castle map, there is a bush to the south east, and a cow corpse to the south east of that (roughly 20 game-yards away). There appears to be an invisible wall between the bush and cow. Considering the surroundings, I'm pretty sure the "wall" should be removed.
  • On Either side of the entrance to SS's Castle is a small square of stone tile (between these squares, there is always a well in the Castle entrance hall). At the center of each square is a small invisible wall-chunk. Consider removing the invisible wall (it just blocks LoSight and projectiles).
  • It is possible to teleport to an area just exterior to the west-most corner of the castle (i.e. near the entrance of the map), such that the player is out of sight. From there you can teleport up the west side of the Castle, then along the North Side, and (at least in my single test of this issue) then SoulStealer can teleport to you and be engaged outside the castle wall. I'm not sure there's an easy fix for this, and at least all it appears to do is remove the journey through the castle (i.e. it's just a shortcut, so not game-breaking).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:56 am 
Game Server Host

Picking up a new laptop tomorrow afternoon but I have some friends coming over on friday night so won't get around to modding until Saturday most likely. Should be able to fix all those issues though, ty for the heads up. I was planning on attempting the trial this week until my machine went ka-put. Luckily I uploaded my savefile so I'm not far from where I was anyway. Shame about losing my shared stash file though :(.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:24 am 
Game Server Host

RE: Spell levels. All mobs/bosses I've added use trash mob multiplier for their skill damage atm (so they didn't destroy my tester while I was checking spawns and animation modes). I'll correct this for next file update. New laptop is being updated now and getting everything re-downloaded. I may get it all done by tonight as I'm not busy today and updating is going faster than I expected.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:49 pm 

With regards to balancing the Challenge Levels, when you have the time please elaborate on what you'd like them to be like. For example, I understand from your recent edits that SoulStealer should be a mini-boss, like Hatestorm (double trash-damage, some monProps, roughly 20x trash HP). Do you want any themes to the challenges ("Challenging for tanks", "Challenging for elemental builds", "Challenging for Summoners", etc). More information would let me give better feedback, since so far my feedback has been mostly a report of what I found, simply to let you decide if those things are in line with your expectation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:23 pm 
Game Server Host

The difficulty should be tricky for most builds but soloable with time at around clvl 65-68 for Soulstealer.
Scarlet should be very tricky to solo but around Soulstealer difficulty in a duo. (Suspect she may need some further adjustments)
Sorrow Lord should be a group event since there is no level cap on that one, so difficult for a duo/trio. The difficulty for this one is increased by the respawning mechanics of the enemies in the level.

No specific theme, all builds should be on a roughly even footing, but hampered by different things. I'm closing in on level 65 on the druid so can get a good feel for a summon build over the weekend.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm 

I took a look at Izual's new Prison floor. It looks like a fun change, but there are many unwalkable tiles on the floor spread in a consistent manner. They don't block missiles or anything (they are not invisiwalls), but if you tried to get your character to walk far away, then they are forced into a stuttery slalom movement. It's a minor issue from what I can see, although I think it might be an issue for spell targeting for spells that don't choose a target (One change I made to Volcano back in 2012 was for it to choose an open ground target by itself (like most other spells), but I think it would have been affected but this issue, and do not know if other spells would be hindered).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:43 am 
Game Server Host

Hmm, I'll take another look at it. I never noticed it on the druid but I didn't do much wandering around.

Edit: Checked the map in editor and in game. Confirmed some strange tiles in game, but in editor, there is nothing at all on those tiles besids a floor tile. Not sure what the issue is there. Possibly something to do with the original map (I didn't create a new blank file, I just opened the old map, deleted everything then rebuilt).
I'll try creating a blank file and rebuilding the map that way. Very strange behavior.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:08 am 
Game Server Host

Fixed this issue. The problem was the floor tiles have a default sub-index for some reason that prevents you exiting the tile in a certain direction depending on the index value. I cleared the value on each tile and all seems fine. I added a few more walls to make it more prisonish. Here's the fixed map file. Just merge with your data folder:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153 ... _HU1.7.exe

Added it to the update in the Development thread too.

Offline Profile