Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

Post subject: How to solo norm Diablo as barb?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:02 am 

His lightning breath deals insane damage. I can tank one breath with ~200 DR, ~80 MDR, 40% lifeleech (two Ginther's Rifts with perf skulls). With frenzy, I have also 27% phys res. Naturally I have all resistances capped. Light absorb is only 3% (I tried getting more but I didn't notice any difference).

What type of damage that breath deals in HU? In normal D2 it's light/phys afaik.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How to solo norm Diablo as barb?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:02 am 

The lightning hose is also considered a physical attack/missile and facetanking it without a shield is pain in the ass. Try avoiding that ability rather than trying to counter it with life leech. Barbarians have the advantage of Leaping/Whirlwinding out of Bone Cage. This pretty much goes for most bosses with high damage abilities/counters. If you still want to brute force it you better get 86% FHR so you can keep attacking after being struck. Also, get some fire absorb if you haven't already although you should be good with that amount of PDR/MDR.

PS: While we're on this particular topic, could someone share knowledge if Blade of Arreat/Battle Cry will reduce the physical component of such abilities as Lightning Hose or just the physical attacks of a monster. I'm pretty sure Weaken does so but I'm wondering about the barbarian debuff abilities.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:18 am 

I have found that with 40 sorb to light and fire with a shield he is bassically un-tankable in hell I have witnessed Bananas do it on his paladin solo tank with lots of lower DR and nice stats... but Barbs can not hit with 1 weapon as fast as a paladin we just cant do it :D unless you want to spend 15 hours trying to kill him solo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:08 pm 

a good thing to get in that lower lvl area range is the decrep stick ie . runeword Lawbringer , you could use 2 on switch if you use frenzy as your main , it will almost insta proc it , having him slowed is a huge deal. fire sorb is good to have covered yeah , his punches are what takes you down. or if you get lower res'ed . iron maiden is avoidable , just stop attacking and walk around a bit till new curse or till it wears off.

leap attack is really handy ,you can transport out of the danger instead of running from fire / light.

tell us , how did the fight go?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 pm 

I solo'd (frenzy barb) it with about 70ish MDR/PDR, no absorbs (or minimal at least), 35ishDR%

You simply have to run a circle and avoid as much of the breath as possible. You cannot stack enough defenses to stand in it for any length of time, but you should be able to live through it...and that is all that really matters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:31 pm 

Sit on him with frenzy.

Triwhirl during lightning, whirl through him then back to frenzy during river(if you need to), and always whirl through him if you're caged because it'll eat frenzy swings.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:43 pm 

MDR PDR > Lightning Hose.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:46 pm 

Not taking any damage at all because triwhirling maintains your leech/cb/damage while avoiding it entirely > any defensive stat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:01 am 

Angel wrote:
Not taking any damage at all because triwhirling maintains your leech/cb/damage while avoiding it entirely > any defensive stat.

Right, so a frenzy barb is now suppose to have points in WW.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 am 

Thx for the tips, I'll keep trying =)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:31 pm 

Yes, because youd have to have autism not to skill ww with a single point. Single point ww massively outdamages a fully synergized frenzy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 pm 

Angel wrote:
Yes, because youd have to have autism not to skill ww with a single point. Single point ww massively outdamages a fully synergized frenzy.

well color me autistic.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 pm 

2 points to have a get me the fuck out of any bone prison, fhr lock, monsters surrounding me, all while lifestealing and it does more damage than max frenzy?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:36 am 

I have always played them exclusively due to preference. There are just very few times that you actually have to resort to it. With as much movement speed as you have, and 20%DR along with it, you should rarely get stuck in a prison. Yah, sometimes you will, but that is almost never when I die. It's generally just being stubborn, or a misclick.

Edit: I generally run with 86+fhr, even really early (now it's even easier). Getting really stunlocked is never really an issue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:47 am 

Ok, I managed to beat him :)
http://i.imgur.com/yG6XOVu.jpg

Scariest thing was two or more light hoses in a row. Also getting "locked" to diablo with frenzy caused some problems when Diablo decided to cast light hose. His other attacks caused no big trouble.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:05 am 

Grats on the kill.

Movement speed is irrelevant if you're standing still attacking, also relying on desync to not die to prison is in general a bad strategy since it's wishywashy.

Not having a point in it is just downright foolish, it would be compareable to not having a point in (old) BO. It's faster than leap, it's not a skill that can get interrupted, and it's incredibly useful in a lot of situations.

Like being able to continue attacking diablo during lightning, getting through the walls in tundra, getting through units that are blocking your path, avoiding the elemental foh skills every boss seems to have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:28 am 

Congrats on the kill :o.

I seriously do not remember the last time that I died to being in a bone prison. Having enough fhr is enough to get out of the foh/blizz clone spells.

It's a good option, it just is not necessary.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 am 

Use a shield.
Have max block %.
Have 20% fire absorb.
Use an eth ginthers.
Have sufficient LL.

Beat face and win.

Offline Profile