Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Post subject: Stackable Potions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 pm 

http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56076

"It require ce to handle the actual stack consume. What you need to do is code a new pSpell or modify an existing one." quote of kingpin.

Does anybody know how to do this?

One of the things I do like about the current health/mana idea we have here on HU is that is a very good way to be able to balance monster damage vs effective life of the player.

One of the things I like about playing path of exile is that i have reusable potions. And that they can be modified. This is harder here since if you make them reusable, you also have to control the stack size. Maybe this is a trivial addition, maybe it is not...and this is on top of just getting stackable ones to work.

Possible/ Not Possible?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Stackable Potions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:17 pm 

stackable pots. count me in! and yes POE is the best.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 pm 
Game Server Host

Stackable potions are workable in theory but coding a new pspell isn't something I've looked into in depth. I'll keep this in mind for later. Player health and mana is using much lower values that we have seen in recent patches so potions will need to be looked at after an initial test phase.

On a side note, Respec is implemented for internal testing phases. It may be disabled in full release, or it may remain as an extremely difficult to obtain item to avoid hoarding. I'll poll it closer to open testing phase (likely around summer)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:02 pm 

hmm if we can't do stackable pots maybe increased duration on the regen? i just hate having to lug around a cube full of pots for bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:12 pm 

Current v1.7 potion-related stuff. Healing duration is 6 seconds. Below stats are for a typical Tanky-Barb (expect to be within 20%, potions show smaller values for other classes):
Code:
Potion  Reqlvl  Heal  Vendors
Minor     1      120  Akara
Light    10      220  Act2
Mid      25      320  Act3
Greater  40      480  Jamella
Super    55      700  Malah
Mega     70      900  Anya
Ultra    85     1100  Not Malah

Typical TankyBarb stats:
LVL   10   20   30   40   50   60   70   80   90  100
HP   200  400  700  900 1100 1300 1500 1700 1900 2100

Points of interest, justifications:
1) Boss fights are aiming towards no 1-hit KOs, so if you back off a boss the 6 seconds for healing should be reasonable. If you're not engaged in a fight, then you should heal faster than you are hurt. Personally, I'm not into boss fights that last longer than 10 minutes, so I don't think a pot-bomb (cube filled with pots) will be necessary outside of Hell difficulty.
2) There is easy access to reasonable amounts of ReplenishLife, which should make the healing feel faster. (the heal potions just apply X ReplenishLife over 6 seconds, so this is added to your base Replenish Life rather than replacing it). Your gear/skills could easily replenish at around the rate of 1/4 a healing potion for your level. This means that if you're short 1k HP and drink an UltraHeal, then you'd probably be at max HP after 4 seconds rather than 6.
3) Given that FindPotion seems wtf-incapable of finding anything above Super, I think the stats of the Super potion are high enough to make it worth finding end-game.
4) You can buy Minor in A1, Light in A2, Mid in A3, Greater in A4, and Supers in A5 norm. This decision was partly to make FPotion skill capable of getting better potions than what you can buy, and to make the potion drops of monsters seem nice by comparison.
5) All normal potion-vendors (except Malah) sell Ultra potions. This is the only way I've noticed for making these available in NM and Hell without a buy-1 limit. They're still level 85 to use, but if you want to buy one from norm Akara, then knock yourself out. In A5 only Anya sells both Mega and Ultra pots. Malah doesn't sell Ultras or Megas because I was being mean, and to make the SaveAnya quest seem nicer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 pm 

the table doesnt include the double heal roll on pots right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:36 pm 

That's right.

As far as I know, the chance for double-heal is hardcoded, and doesn't need changes. From Arreat Summit:
Chance of Double Heal
Your Vitality determines your chance of restoring twice the normal Hit Points from a Healing Potion:
Chance of Double Heal for Vitality up to 200 if Vitality is even: (Vit - 2) / 4
Chance of Double Heal for Vitality up to 200 if Vitality is odd: (Vit - 1) * (Vit - 1) / (4 * Vit)
Chance of Double Heal for 200 Vitality and up: 100 * (Vit - 101) / Vit

It's the same formula for Mana potions, but based on Energy. I haven't done any strict testing, but I'm pretty confident that the ReplenishLife number is doubled, rather than the duration. If the formula is hard to visualize, then it's basically saying you go from around 5% (char creation) straight to 50% (When Vit=200), but after that you get diminishing returns (Don't expect more than two out of three potions to have double effect).

Offline Profile