Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Do you want a small "middleground" hotfix?
Poll ended at Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 am
Yes, the game is too hard for solo/duo 65%  65%  [ 13 ]
No, leave it this way, wait for 1.7 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Hotfix poll
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:48 am 

Do you want a SMALL hotfix to make the game easier again? (increase boss drain, bring summons up a little, sorc masteries up a little, etc)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Hotfix poll
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:54 am 

I like the current patch, forces the community to help each other, the community is much better through that

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:14 am 

I haven't reached hell this patch so far, so take the following with a grain of salt.

I think a decent compromise, in my opinion, would be to nerf innate lifesteal (slightly) from skills and buff back leech on bosses, if we are to touch leech again.

1% FBR/hard point on claw mastery wouldn't be overpowered either.
Won't comment on the rest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:18 am 

It doesn't bother me either way I'll be fine. I will say this though, I see no point in putting any points into any summon unless they are skeletons for the Necro, or Druid Auras.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:18 am 

leave it, with the right party hell should be easy..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:51 am 

Again, this is NOT about difficulty. Everyone understands that HU is going to be hard. It's about the random and unnecessary changes you made to builds that completely killed characters while in the middle of the patch.

The rune and skill nerfs should be reverted back to 1.6a. If you want to balance the game from there start with the bosses first and then work on slowly bringing down the overpowered builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:08 am 

Revert it to Grizzly Unleashed? You must have been late to that bandwagon and are mad you didn't get to participate :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:18 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Revert it to Grizzly Unleashed? You must have been late to that bandwagon and are mad you didn't get to participate :P

RIP BEAR

Jan 10th 2016-Jan 31st 2016

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:20 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

This is the kinda of comment is not helpful at all. Did he say he wanted his OP grizzly back? You presuppose you know the answers to you heavily laden questions, and shows your disdain for those that have not agreed with the sweeping changes that were sold as a hotfix, without a massive amount of details left out of the changelog. Some of which made items unusable, poof, made legacy in the midst of a patch.

Even when a number of these were directly asked for, the answers were deflected to something else. Expecting people just to swallow it, is a bit much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:34 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:

Written by the one editing this whole mess who "extensively" tested his patch before it was released. The hotfix clearly was not tested.

Couple of things that just are ugly to me -- all bosses are now res to everything, looks trashy, +4 on amulets?? So bad. Ctc level 58 lightning? What a waste. Just makes it take a lot longer to find amp gloves.

And the changelog... Hardly any numbers, no idea which missiles got increased, had to ask you in game and you still didnt tell me all of them

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 pm 

kramuti wrote:
Ensley03 wrote:

This is the kinda of comment is not helpful at all. Did he say he wanted his OP grizzly back? You presuppose you know the answers to you heavily laden questions, and shows your disdain for those that have not agreed with the sweeping changes that were sold as a hotfix, without a massive amount of details left out of the changelog. Some of which made items unusable, poof, made legacy in the midst of a patch.

Even when a number of these were directly asked for, the answers were deflected to something else. Expecting people just to swallow it, is a bit much.

Thank you for posting that so much more eloquently then I would have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm 

Return runes too

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:17 pm 

Kye7 wrote:
Return runes too

I'm against a full revert to em, maybe half of what they were.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:57 pm 

You should fix until you can give us a good patch, the nerf on sorcs where unnecessary imo. Bear was op, but nerfing all summons was a bad move. Looks like needs more testing before fucking everyones build up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:44 pm 

This is just sad. this mod doesn't need to be any easier, if youre having issues of it being hard then rethink your build and double check your gear. this is probably the easiest patch (1.6 in general) ive yet to play. seriously you want an easier mod go play something else. this patch is already mad to play as a party as small as duo and makes it more enjoyable solo ( meaning getting threw the game is possible not like before where you could progress with out a party of 4 ) come on now man up learn how to play.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm 

The point nearly everyone has made is not directly about 'omgwtfdevilkinaresoop'
The point is the goalpost moved at random, with very little actual detail, shit got broke in the transition, and very little of the feedback was taken seriously. Only when the math on the more aggregious (actually buffs) were laid out were they rethought. Nevermind the fact that the same stuff sad privately, and was totally ignored.

For you to suggest that those of us that have played at least as long as you should learn how to play is one of the dumber things I have seen said. 1.6a was too easy. This was essentially uniformly agreed on. So stop with this shit. Please.

What some are miffed about is that they were at least some good chunk of the way through just to find that what did work no longer did. This is only a result of doing this in the midst of a patch. How many times was 'stuff sent to duff, just waiting' actually said? Sure as hell more than once. Much of the blowback could have been easily avoided by giving actual details. Should I list or link those that asked for it? I am sure you would not label them all as noobs.

If it was done the first or second time this was stated, we would still have a way OP griz, claws not spawning as they should, and a few other snaffoos as well. THIS is why I (one of several reasons) personally wanted to wait at least a little longer before the trigger was pulled.

I do hope the state is better than it sounds, and it seems people are figuring their way through it. Not surprising at all...but to just call people noobs, in mass ridiculous.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm 

Yes this patch is one of the easier ones, but nothing will be easier than Poison Unleashed.

I'm more disappointed feedback wasn't taken seriously and things were done at values we weren't informed of. I asked multiple times for more clear terms of changes and got ignored or even more vague answers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:06 pm 

I've been eyeing a return to HU for a bit, and must say not much has really changed. Same old arguments being thrown about. Game's too easy, this is op, that's just bad etc, etc. The real and constant problem is, everyone plays different and every damned one of us has/had different hopes for each successive patch. I'd played from 1.21z until right around 1.4(5?) and saw so many skills being altered into something completely off the wall IMHO. Some changes were going the right way, others not to my liking. That's just how it goes. I would have soldiered on but I had some tough personal things come up. So it goes, and life happens. I may resume playing, but on a very limited basis due to my current job. 2 hour drive each way rather kills the game time you know. Maybe soon I'll jump back in. Hope to see some old people and meet some new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:46 pm 

Yes people do love to bitch, that's why I just ignore it. A small hotfix was already sent to Duff earlier today, though 9-7 is not very convincing. It is very small, simply addressing the skill and drain concerns along with a fun bonus. If he's willing to do it for us, I'll post all of the exact numbers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Yes people do love to bitch, that's why I just ignore it. A small hotfix was already sent to Duff earlier today, though 9-7 is not very convincing. It is very small, simply addressing the skill and drain concerns along with a fun bonus. If he's willing to do it for us, I'll post all of the exact numbers.

MAN THAT PART SCARES THE FUCK OUTTA ME

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:27 pm 

You know you love my surprises bb

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:49 pm 

You should give better details of what you change in these patches. This isn't your mod to do whatever the fuck you want with. Remember SapphireRawk and his patch? So much backlash because he changed so much shit and didn't document it or tell anyone and it turned out almost everyone did not like his changes. Every time I check the forums I'm reminded more and more of him and his patch when I see whats happening now.

Just document what you are doing as you do it, post it here and wait a day or two so discussion can happen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:05 am 

kramuti wrote:
The point nearly everyone has made is not directly about 'omgwtfdevilkinaresoop'
The point is the goalpost moved at random, with very little actual detail, shit got broke in the transition, and very little of the feedback was taken seriously. Only when the math on the more aggregious (actually buffs) were laid out were they rethought. Nevermind the fact that the same stuff sad privately, and was totally ignored.

For you to suggest that those of us that have played at least as long as you should learn how to play is one of the dumber things I have seen said. 1.6a was too easy. This was essentially uniformly agreed on. So stop with this shit. Please.

What some are miffed about is that they were at least some good chunk of the way through just to find that what did work no longer did. This is only a result of doing this in the midst of a patch. How many times was 'stuff sent to duff, just waiting' actually said? Sure as hell more than once. Much of the blowback could have been easily avoided by giving actual details. Should I list or link those that asked for it? I am sure you would not label them all as noobs.

Okay you twisted what i said. If you know HU, you know this patch *even with the mid ladder hotfix* is still easy and for some people (new or old not going to point fingers) to bitch about it being too hard? Idt our "vets" are bitching about it being too hard but idk and honestly idc. At least were getting fixes made and posted as we find issues. idgaf if a hotfix is done every week till the we finally got it "perfect". no immunity it a huge buff on all chars point, sure slapping leech changed that a little but its still a very easy patch. try attacking me again but please first read what i was saying. dont skim threw pointing out only the key words and not the details.

Cheers!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:26 am 

Sigh. you seemingly have not read anything put forth by a lot of different people that were nothing about difficulty. I'll stop polluting the thread. Ciao.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:31 am 

kramuti wrote:
Sigh. you seemingly have not read anything put forth by a lot of different people that were nothing about difficulty. I'll stop polluting the thread. Ciao.

Im referring to the damn poll. and yes i have read threw it. not trying to be rude here but you must have forgotten the name of this topic.

Last edited by Kodiac on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:31 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Just document what you are doing as you do it, post it here and wait a day or two so discussion can happen.

You mean like, documenting when bladefury got 95% obliterated? :D

TL;DR - I did my best

I didn't post a lot of exact numbers, which I see now is apparently a must...but I never did any ninja nerfs or hidden changes and have tried to be as honest as possible because, as you said, this is not my mod, which was in the first sentence of my original 1.6 post. I've been playing since 2012 and never thought I'd be in this position, but with others having busy lives and HU slipping in their priorities, I figured why not...

PureRage said at some point he intends on adding more real content (quests/zones/etc) and I just wanted to help with some real issues, add a little more flavor, bring in some new players, and make people not forget about HU. On top of the changes, I also did a lot of advertising on various sites for old games I played and such.

I've talked to Kramuti before about all this and I'm actually really sick IRL and in a lot of pain and haven't worked for a while because of it. I don't know how long I'm even going to be around, but working on this and talking to/playing with people has helped me cope a bit. This has meant more to me than any patch has meant to anyone before, so as much as some people may hate all of it and despise me, at least there are people playing now, however long it lasts. I hope PureRage can deliver a 1.7 that doesn't create problems.

If Duff is willing to update the minor hotfix, I think everyone will be pretty content for the next year or so.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Assassin

Bladefury
-blade fury is now a simple missle skill meant to be used for long range dmg; shoots 1+(blvl/5) blades for 1/1 weapon damage and pierces all enemies

From my 1.5b post....are you always drunk?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 am 

All you have to do is inform us of changes and we'll catch things that will be either OP or nerfed to shit. We aren't here to make your life difficult we just want the game to be in a good state.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:56 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Mrawskrad wrote:
Assassin

Bladefury
-blade fury is now a simple missle skill meant to be used for long range dmg; shoots 1+(blvl/5) blades for 1/1 weapon damage and pierces all enemies

From my 1.5b post....are you always drunk?

1.5b didn't make it too the server. when you killed it in 1.5a it wasn't announce.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:02 am 

1.6, so far, seems like a pretty good direction to go with this mod (to me). The lack of immunities, even if at some point in the future is changed back, is really nice and allows many builds that were struggling to keep up with the rest.

Apart from people complaining it was too easy, I've had a lot of fun with this patch.
I'm seeing a lot of Melee druids, which reminds me of the time when we had nothing but poison Zons, but they don't seem to destroy bosses nearly as easily so it's whatever.

I'm really happy with the work you put into these patches and while it might not be the best patch ever made, I'll probably keep better memories of this one than some of the previous ones.

Claws finally getting fixed is a major plus in my book too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:18 pm 

Well here is my thoughts I think Ensley came on in 2012 saw that our chars were not balanced and the bosses were not balanced. Ensley took upon himself to help out our community by balancing these 2 portions of the game. I think he did a pretty good job of balancing all the chars so that there are more valuable chars among our choices. He also notice an inconsistencies in the bosses and also made changes to them. However don't believe he balanced the chars to bosses for duo playing.
He has made changes, he is playing, he is trying amend the problems. HE IS NOT A BLUE.

As many of you know once the thrill of a reset is over the community kind of gets a bit smaller. Therefore that is why we need the game to be playable for maybe a duo to complete the game.

Now a select few of our community turned out to help test and report back to him. I believe that select few knows all the ins and outs of the game and therefore know the exactly the amount of mdr, dr, resists, fbr, and fhr needed to advance in the game while others and new people to the game don't know these fine points of the game.
Diablo 2 and hu were both set up to be able to play sc and hc. People that believe that sc is too easy always have had the opportunity to go and play hc which is extremely difficult.

I voted to have the game more playable for smaller groups.

Ensley you have my thanks for trying to make the game better for our community and like I said "THANK GOD YOUR NOT ANOTHER BLUE. And everybody can make mistakes. What matters is what one does after making a mistake counts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm 

Ensley do you have Skype or any chat programs?

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 am 

Yeah my Skype is wutaboutdog

mrportertx - thanks :D

Offline Profile