Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject: what are the new uniques?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:47 pm 

Just curious, read 5 new uniques. Not playing this season

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: what are the new uniques?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 pm 

If you'd like to see all the item changes, consider downloading the v1.6 text files from the The "Unofficial" 1.6 Patch Thread, and then try out the web page maker. If you go this route, please let me know if you had any trouble with the instructions.

I don't know all the new items or changes, but I happened to have the 1.5 text files too, and noticed these two new rows at the bottom of UniqueItems.txt in v1.6.

Duelist's Knife
Wrist Blade
Level 6
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
2 Sockets
+15-25% chance for Deadly Strike
+15-25% IASpeed

Fist of the Magi
Blade Talons
Level 22
+2 to Assassin Skills
+25-35% IASpeed
+25-35% FCRate
2 Sockets
4-7% Pierce Enemy Fire Resistance
4-7% Pierce Enemy Lightning Resistance
4-7% Pierce Enemy Magic Resistance

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:02 pm 

thanks, havent even turned my computer on in a few months but was curious. if anyone has the others let me know

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:00 am 

i ended up installing to hit a few fallen, and got a look at some of the unique changes. lmfao what are these noob ass changes. everything is so op.
level 12 with 12x elds and 2 nagels can solo the game with a fucking rare short sword.

rip hu

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:02 am 

Why were items increased in power so much? seems totally unnecessary as I was soloing the game already on 1.5b...now items got huge buffs and nothing can be immune... I'm sorry I didn't have time to finish my work, but from looking at 1.6 it's not something I'd want to play. My 1.5b patch was 99% complete and tested for balance multiple time by myself and others, solo and as a party. I just dont understand why items were increased in power so much. I just dont get it.

Goodluck guys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:42 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Why were items increased in power so much? seems totally unnecessary as I was soloing the game already on 1.5b...now items got huge buffs and nothing can be immune... I'm sorry I didn't have time to finish my work, but from looking at 1.6 it's not something I'd want to play. My 1.5b patch was 99% complete and tested for balance multiple time by myself and others, solo and as a party. I just dont understand why items were increased in power so much. I just dont get it.

Goodluck guys

I appreciate the effort that went into 1.6 but yes the game is super easy now... I was hoping for something more along mraw's work.

Curse Reduction on charms?
+3 skills for soj
nagels rings...

There's just so much that is insanely OP.

The no immunities also makes the game a face stomp... but interestingly makes *every* class viable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:03 am 

Items do have more range and power yes, but as I said, the bosses also have more absorb and DR, and is designed for smaller groups, because in 2 weeks when the hype dies down, games will be smaller and fewer, and not everyone wants to be forced to play a bow zon just to compete past A3 of NM. PureRage also acknowledged that not everyone would appreciate this, but I've also received positive feedback about the game actually being playable with 1-2 people now who just want to have fun.

I mentioned weeks ago that if you are a great player and play in a great group of 3-4+, this game will be fairly easy now.

You want hardmode? Don't play an amazon or an assassin, just like HU has always been. Post fraps of soloing Mephisto with a Sorc and come tell me how easy this mod really is now. GL with that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:25 am 
Game Server Host

hunterAS wrote:
The no immunities also makes the game a face stomp... but interestingly makes *every* class viable.

First part is expected tbh. It was really meant as a simple difficulty switch to play on SP using the most up to date patch with minimal other changes needed.
Second part was only hoped for so that's good at least.

I would say, it's much simpler to make the game more difficult than it is to get complete class viability. Try it out for a while and see what you think for next season, it can always be reverted or the cap increased. You could also cap passive pierce at 50%.

Not sure about the other changes. I haven't played/made changes text wise since 1.4something

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am 

I was honestly wondering about perhaps raising the cap to 85%

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:51 am 

The thing is I already balanced my edits on 1-2 people. The res cap change sounds ok, but I think the insanely buffed items is way way overkill. I didn't even look at all the items but they were all just ridiculous and over the top and not in the spirit of the HU that Soulmancer created. SM kept things simple and I tried to do that as well with my edits. These items look like they came from a different mod and don't fit. That's just my opinion. If the people playing the mod are happy then that's all that matters. I don't have time to play HU right now but even if I did I'm not interested in these changes at all and I think a lot of older HU players will feel the same way.

I made the mod easier already and now it looks easier than vanilla D2. (untwinked of course)

Anyways I have my patch finished but my MPQ packing program isn't working and I don't have time to mess with it to get it to work.

GL HU

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 am 
Game Server Host

Ensley03 wrote:
I was honestly wondering about perhaps raising the cap to 85%

That would give a 40% decrease in damage vs mobs with unbroken resistant status compared to current damage. Everyone has access to a secondary damage type though so it will be advantageous to target a broken resist on a secondary damage type over a full resist using your main element.

I'd still give it a while though, I think the majority are only using builds that were already op.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:49 am 

I actually adjusted several bosses to somewhat normalize (increase) their resists, so the 85% might be too much really. Some bosses had 125% fire resist and 0% cold resist. Boss fights that are completely binary just seems dumb unless you are in an MMO with hundreds of people. Plus I had to take into consideration that there is a higher range of great gear now, so people will have more pierce, damage%, and skills. It would have been really broken if "fire" bosses still had no cold resist with this updated gear. There are still differences, but they are around 10-15%, not 100%+. This normalized boss resist coupled with very high absorb and DR fits very well once you get to Chaos Sanc of normal and beyond.

It just took my hydra sorc and a trap sin 20 minutes to kill Diablo on normal, we both died and had to run back during it while the other tried to stay alive. I thought it was a pretty epic fight and he (Lyn) did too

Mraw, I love your work and genius in changes like Oak Sage from 1.5b and that's why it's all in here. Please don't just look at the gear stats and say "THATS OP" or take the word of someone on a bow zon with a 4 man team as gospel for the game being ezmode.

My testing with my friend and my roommate was done with all of this in mind:
-many gear choices (sets, uniques, rws, and even rares)
-many build choices
-long, tough boss fights
-nobody is ever useless
-not really soloable, but does not require a dedicated 4 man either

I think even Soulmancer would agree that that is what HU is supposed to be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 pm 

This is nothing like my patch anymore

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 pm 

I feel like i could solo this game with a few eld runes on ANY char. Shako 4 sockets +more buffs? Lmao. What is this. Im talking to someone whos in hell already and never needed any absorb. How could you need anythhing when nagel ring has 30 mdr. This is a joke

Yes i understand that the community is very very low but even so this is just overkill. What do the 95s do? Glooms trap has +55 to fireball. +55!?

I appreciate you trying to fix up the game and have it more fun bit have some decency and respect. Took you that long to kill diablo with these items? And you died? Im so confused

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 pm 

55 Fireball with no synergies or mastery is actually not very good damage, and it only gives Sorcs +3. It's more of a troll spell to give people something to derp with than anything else.

That being said, I checked and Shako and some other items were edited that I was not aware of. This is what happens when multiple people work on the same project. =( A reset may be needed and much of this will be fixed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:28 pm 

Or throw it on an a3 merc and let it solo the game. Optic ammy +2 with fcr? I was expecting 5 new uniques but EVERY unique is lol buffed. Some of the sets omg its funny. Elds 200% ed to undead ha ha ha. Yes ill take 2400 ed to undead at level 12.
EVERY item should be reverted.

Also my a1 merc took no damage - mercs have been a problem in recent patches already

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:12 pm 
Game Server Host

Yeh those items sound like something got messed up if those values above are legit. :shock:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:53 pm 

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:03 pm 

The numbers seem high, but they might be reasonable, or at least not completely broken.

The skill bonus from oSkills for characters (even mercs) with that skill is capped at +3, so the belt might not be too OP afterall. My test of that is here. Someone should try it on a Conviction Paladin or LRes Necro, since their penalty to monster res might make that belt work well.

+2400% is certainly a high number. Last I saw HU, your skill could be adding +1000%, and your Str/Dex bonus maybe another +200% (so +1200% shouldn't be unreasonable). That means that +2400% will feel like triple damage, but only against Undead in this case (so if it took 50 hits to kill Mortanius, now it would take 17). If people feel that triple damage is too high, consider responding to this thread with how much you think is good. One rule of thumb to consider is that while some people notice a change of 20%, everyone notices +33%. Consider that this bonus damage won't be useful for life or mana leech.

After reviewing some of the pictures above, it looks like the DR/MDR values are pretty high for the levels. Perhaps people can suggest and agree on suitable values around each level, for example (these numbers are probably bogus):
Code:
Lvl: 10  20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90
 DR: 10  22  36  50  62  80  90 110 130
I'm sure there are other issues in the pictures (like that 25%DR on Valk Helm - DR caps around 50% doesn't it?), but those are easier to balance (percentages) than DR/MDR (flat values intended to be a percentage of a changing value). Perhaps people could agree that DR/MDR from all your gear shouldn't total to more than 33% of monster damage?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:36 pm 

Valkyrie Wing DR is an error among many that is going to be corrected. There was an error with single player trial .txt files getting crossed over with the one sent to the MPQ. I apologize for these mistakes but they will all soon be fixed. I've been working on it for about 4 hours now =(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:55 pm 

That's good to hear...I look at these items and its just insane like someone hacked their gear with max stats.

I like to see items reverted and then a lighter touch used to change them. Make them different and exciting but not really change the power level they have since the mod is already balanced and tested using my edits (IMO).

Also...please look at some of the sorc changes....Why doesnt charged bolt get synergy bonus from TK and ES anymore. Blizzard is another build that's changed like Glacial Spike has no point anymore It doesnt add damage to blizzard so there isn't a point to max it. The new blizzard build is: BLIZZARD/ICEBLAST/CHILLING ARMOR. Iceblast only gets synergy from blizzard and glacial spike.....but I wouldnt max glacial spike since its not a synergy to blizzard anymore. leaving bliz sorc with only 1 spell to use offensively. Theres a few other sorc changes like these that I dont get. I can appreciate what you tried to do but I like sorc skills trees should be reverted to 1.5b values.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:08 am 

I really hope all items were changed back...every set and unique i've found is massively OP for no reason

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:11 am 

I'm not a blizzard expert, but they don't stack, right? So why wouldn't you spam glacial spikes in between blizzards with or without a bonus synergy? It does dank damage.

I also felt like 4 low synergies for a mediocre level 1 skill (charged bolt) just made it so nobody ever actually used it, so I lined them up similar to firebolt/ball/meteor. TK damage was increased since it was also pretty terrible, at least now it's a derpy single target blast.

Lastly, I think Hydra needs firebolt as a synergy instead of warmth, otherwise that's the most painful level 1-30 imaginable.

If you really disagree with that then I'll change it back since you are the legend here. I just wanted to plead my case :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:23 am 

Yeah I'd love to spam GS with blizz but it feels like a waste of points now when I can take shiver armor instead for extra DR and also boost chilling armor.

About firebolt/hydra the way you changed it turns it into a 80 pt build over a 60 pt build (without mastery). If you want to make lower levels easier for that build then reduce the lvl req on enchant to 6 or 12. Sure it wont match the skill tree graphics until someone is nice enough to fix it but who cares. If it works it works.

That way it remains a 60 pt build and is easier at low levels. 60 pt build means you can mix it with other skill trees for a hybrid. Which opens more ways to build sorc. Just my opinion.

CB/TK....TK build feels so bad without CB as a trash spell...please change it back.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 am 

ao2005 wrote:
if anyone has the other <uniques> let me know
I've been working on a program that would compare two D2 mods. I've pretty much finished the part of the program that would compare unique items, but it's not easy to use yet, so I've linked the webpage that the program produced.

Bright white font shows new mods
Dark red font shows removed mods
Blue font shows unchanged mods
Only new, removed, or changed items will be shown
Items that are identical between versions won't be shown

The program doesn't do much interpretation of the numbers, so changed numbers will appear as both a removed and new mod.

I hope folks find this list handy.

<edit> Removed the webpage link, since it's believed that edits are finished</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:38 pm 

This is incredible. Awesome Brevan!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:21 pm 

I've received the current files for 1.6a, and have created a comparison webpage for the uniques.
Bright White = additions from 1.6 to 1.6a
Dull Red = deletions from 1.6 to 1.6a
Blue = no change

It would be good if people could critique stuff now while things can still be changed.

<edit> Removed the webpage link, since it's believed that edits are finished</edit>

Last edited by Brevan on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:45 pm 

Treads of cthon tri sorb?
Goldwrap +1 find item?

This stuff is so op
Not every char should get find item at level 20, or whatever level goldwrap is. Theres a reason why theres an armor in the mid 80s that isnt that easy to find. You have to earn that at endgame. Come on
1.5 items please some of this doesnt make any sense and is still so op

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:49 pm 

Yeah those should be fixed, along with Peasant Crown.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm 

Some o these changes don't even make sense. The items you changed before are still op and you even nerfed some items that you didn't change in 1.6 for what reason? Examples are wall of the eyeless and messerschmits reaver. Just revert all items to 1.5b not everything needs +all skills and amp proc and mass str/dex

Offline Profile