Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Post subject: My 1.6 experience
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
Post fraps of soloing Mephisto with a Sorc and come tell me how easy this mod really is now. GL with that.

I'm not gonna video it but I just facetanked and killed meph solo on my sorc in norm. Took about 5 minutes to kill him. but I didnt time it. Been facetanking every boss so far on my sorc because the gear gives such insane stats. Onto act 4 now... I'll give more updates as I get further.

If i knew i could facetank everything so easily on my solo sorc I would have gone meteor or firewall....hahaha oh well.

everything gives like 20-30 dex/str or even all stats....rofl

I can't wait to see higher level gear what is it going to have like +95 all stats?

edit: I just found emperyon band the lvl 30 ring and it gives 44 to all stats

FOURTY-FOUR TO ALL STATS

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: My 1.6 experience
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:58 am 

Pious found a +50 one on hc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:00 am 

these items are so terrible. its like some 11 year old went through and added +999999 to everything

revert items or riot

HU is now easier than untwinked vanilla d2

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 am 

Ensley03 wrote:
It just took my hydra sorc and a trap sin 20 minutes to kill Diablo on normal, we both died and had to run back during it while the other tried to stay alive. I thought it was a pretty epic fight and he (Lyn) did too

I just killed Diablo solo on my sorc...I timed it. It took me 2 minutes and 32 seconds (2:30). I face tanked him the entire time and used maybe 20-30 pots. I'm not twinked and I didn't farm. I'm just using what I find (and its massively op).

Vanilla D2 is harder than this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 am 

update:

I just killed baal at char lvl 65 and my highest req item is lvl 40 and ive got:

13k bliz
32 cold pierce
50% DR
26% magic res
53% curse reduce (yes its OP as shit there is a reason it was removed and limited before)
max block (5 base dex)
stacked res (180 all res)

194 str (base is 50...I was a noob and put points into str because I didn't know every item has +20-50 str on it)
102 dex (base is 5...mass dex and block chance on all items means if you aren't max block then you just arent using a shield.
6k hp
1300 mana

Again these stats are with lvl 40 gear. I just soloed all of norm on a sorc without farming and using lvl 40 gear. The only decent boss fight was baal and even I was in no danger which is pathetic considering I've been using the same gear since lvl 40 and I'm a solo sorc.

The patch would be perfect if items were reverted. I like the res cap for monsters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:02 am 

I am currently playing hard core and I think we should make hardcore obligatory now as this game is beyond easy.

Anyone have any hell experience yet/items?

I wonder what a level 95 item will be ?
+ 1000 to vit?
+ 1000 to strength?
+10 all skills.
-99% to enemy all resistances

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:05 am 

thebold wrote:
I wonder what a level 95 item will be ?
+ 1000 to vit?
+ 1000 to strength?
+10 all skills.
-99% to enemy all resistances

Idk man....I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought. Hahahaha

I could look it up in the txt files but I don't wanna spoil the surprise for myself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 am 

Yeah it's a mess and since the (hopefully) items and mercs are fixed now, that's why I was so adamant about a reset. Brevan is going to post the webpage link for the updated txts so everyone can go over them and discuss.

That being said, most items are still at least little better than before, but nothing like 50 all stats or 15% DR, especially on low level stuff. I may have missed a couple as I'm still passing over it all (going down every column of every item FeelsBadMan) so don't have a shit fit if you see any items that are still geeked out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 am 
Game Server Host

Don't rush fixing items. Take it slow and get it right. Items are one of the things that reqs a reset to avoid legacy items. Skills, maps, monsters etc can all be tweaked without resetting :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Don't rush fixing items. Take it slow and get it right. Items are one of the things that reqs a reset to avoid legacy items. Skills, maps, monsters etc can all be tweaked without resetting :)

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:50 pm 

"I think, we all think, updating some items was a good idea. However, not pointin' any fingers, it coulda been done better. So how about, this time, we go test items, then next time, we do it right, and we go full regalia."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:21 pm 

I'm all for Mraw's almost done patch with Ensley's new items (less OP) and the resistance cap removed like it currently is. Mraw had the itemization down.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:33 pm 

No res cap just feels so funky. I like 85% tonat least give you an idea of what type they are

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:37 pm 

just mean no immunities - no immunities = way more viable builds. U can raise the resist to 99% ... just as long as they aren't immune :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 pm 
Game Server Host

Pick a value you like. Just remember, with pierce being in the game, the higher this value is the more you sway the power towards builds with -enemy res. Going to 85% would be a 40% reduction in current damage vs a resistant tagged mob. Every 5% increase in resist cap = 20% reduced damage vs current damage.

At 90%, a phys melee with 100% crit would be dealing 20% of listed damage to a phys resistant enemy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:08 pm 

Just revert all items to the 1.5b values. It was well balanced and changed already. I question even if you half the stats of the current patch these items are massively op. Everything has ctc amp aswell. Rares and crafts are 100% useless

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:39 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
Just revert all items to the 1.5b values. It was well balanced and changed already. I question even if you half the stats of the current patch these items are massively op. Everything has ctc amp aswell. Rares and crafts are 100% useless

Some rares (and crafts) can now also spawn with ctc amp, enchant, or lower resist. Rares can actually be some of the best items in the game now, but it would require ridiculous rolls and luck. And many of the stats are a lot less than half of what they were :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:05 pm 

I'm skeptical of all these changes. I carefully balanced 1.5b over an entire year of trial and error and now you are making massive changes to items and difficulty all at once with what seems like no real thought or extensive testing before doing it.

It seems like a waste of my work and it's a little annoying tbh. I spent so much time balancing items in 1.5b that was never played on realm and now we have a giant mess that needs to be tested again.

We went from extreme difficulty to extreme face roll and completely ignored my finished, thoroughly tested and balanced 1.5b patch. It just doesn't make sense.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:27 am 

Yes its easier than past versions, but we don't get as many people playing so you have to do a lot of soloing or 2 people play. I'm having fun. :P

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 am 

I haven't played since the last iteration if 1.3 but I've kept an eye on the boards and understood there's been a few whacky patches as different people got a shot at it. I see myself getting a group together and playing it through again at some point though.
Is the last patch before this one otherwise flawless (apart from being difficult?) and if so could you keep it available somewhere so we can TCP/IP it?
Also a quick summary would be nice. IIRC attempts were made to downplay the importance of barbs and druids by nerfing BO/Oak back in 1.14 which meant assassins became the undisputed best tanks? Was poison "fixed"? How?
Thanks for keeping it going guys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:56 am 

Mraw u should just work with rage to finish your patch and add in the positive changes from ensley... I'm not a fan of the willy nilly changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:08 am 

Quite honestly i see this new patch's state being viable for a single player version only
There are people who don't have an internet connection that would like to play this game, maybe to play online on a later date(for whatever reason)

On the topic of multiplayer, i haven't had to make a single item change, potion buy, skill change, whatever for a single boss fight, for 2 classes now

andariels guided poison lasts half a second, when it would last nearly a minute last patch (requiring you to buy antidotes and having poison length reduce, unless you're a strong tanky/leechy char)
My bone nec stands in counter pools and still spams attacks like nothing is going on. Id only be dead if i brought less than a belt of potions to a bossfight

I am only in NM as of now, but boss fights don't seem any different from what they were like in normal.
Now imagine the twinked new characters that people going to make after finishing their main

The whole reason for the mods popularity is the difficulty and required teamwork
These 2 qualities seem to be fading, but not gone
Theres always the idea of keeping the items as they are, but altering the stats of bosses to be viable damage for Hell Unleashed

The community has increased, and a sudden reset may piss off some newcomers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:56 pm 

Laughing so hard with this post wtf hahahah.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:31 pm 

I would ignore most of what is here, as it is already outdated version.
Let's see how 1.6a is before worrying about this anymore.
Shit happens, seems to be the main culprit.

Offline Profile