Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Post subject: na
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:48 pm 

http://pastebin.com/jnycjxMg

Last edited by Ensley03 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The "Unofficial" 1.6 Patch
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 pm 

Edited into pastebin

Last edited by Ensley03 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:17 pm 

Been awhile since I played but those sets don't seem very balanced from what I remember about this game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm 

All sets are better, no doubt. The monsters also have more survivability (absorb/dr mostly) and, as I said, this is designed for 2 players. The game was originally designed for 4 players. Mephisto in nightmare is still a pretty serious gearcheck as he always was, Diablo's fireblast still melts you without high fire absorb, etc.

This takes a lot of time and it looks like Mraw and the others all have busy lives. I don't, so I decided to work on it, even if only my friend and I end up playing it.

I am working on a few things and will update the link soon. I appreciate any feedback, but please try the game :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:16 pm 

Thank you for your hard work! Reset soon?

First set could be good if made for fury druid. Weapon need etheral though.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:38 pm 

Updated link with new data folder. If you downloaded it earlier, just delete your data folder and put in the new one, make sure those d2se boxes are still checked, and you're gtg.

Edits were more monster balance - buffed some weaker bosses and a stat fix for amulets that shouldn't have been there. :P

Cory - reset is up to the admins, but it would be nice. Maybe this will push them :D
First set is very interesting as you could even make a bone armor necro or enchant sorc and play as whirlwind. Sets can't be ethereal but with some good jewels you could still make it a pretty sweet weapon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:40 am 

Good stuff, will try this later.

On another note, found a possible bug during my 1.5b play that might have transferred over to this as well.

Was wondering if someone could try something for me. Throw some skulls into a shield, and tell me if they're giving you damage reduction in your character window.

For me, I have 3 P.Skulls in my Paladin's shield, with it equipped, it should be giving him 15% damage reduction as reflected in the item's stats, but when equipped, it doesn't add any DR at all.

Just wondering if anyone can double check on this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:14 am 

Updated link again with a few more item and monster tweaks. I feel it's getting really close to a great balance. Again, you can just redownload the data folder and replace the current one.

Mazinkaiser - skulls look good here in the files and in-game for me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:49 am 

Ah, I feel like a dope now. I was looking at the damage reduction value thinking it would display DR%, but the DR value is for FLAT DR; the % DR is listed as physical resistance, at the bottom of the elemental resist column.

Whoops.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:56 am 

No worries :D

The pastebin link has been updated to reflect all changes made since initial upload.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:08 am 

I want to preface one thing, I'm not sure how necessary the chance from monsters being immune to resistant is, however, I have not played a single-element character as of yet.

That being said, as long as bosses or quest related mobs can never receive full immunity to an element, not sure how warranted the change was. I think a large part of this mod's legacy is the brutality and difficulty, I worry that we're getting awfully close to crossing the line of becoming too easy.

At the very least, if you're committed to the resist change, I think you need to go back into the files, and at least make Barricaded Doors, Towers, Catapults, Demon Nests, Walls, Doors, etc.. remain immune as these structures are inorganic.

Observing these structures be affected by poison is a bit of an immersion breaker.

With that said, another thing I've noticed seems to be a pretty noticeable increase in unique drops.

First 5 minutes into frigid highlands, I've found 3 unique item drops, and the rate of occurrence seems to be continuing at this rate. I find it hard to believe this is just something I'm imagining as coincidence.

If it has indeed been boosted, I think it's way too much. The previous chance for them was fine, and as it is now, it actually feels like over-saturation, and almost makes farming bosses obsolete.

If this was your goal, I understand, but I think limiting the high drop chance to bosses, i.e. overcoming the challenge of them in order to farm uniques is another staple of HU.

When they're almost given away as free candy from trash mobs, it makes fighting the bosses almost feel worthless and unnecessary.

Were Maryliths(sp) buffed? Because it sure feels like they have been. Fought some in Andariel's Hell portal in A5, and they seemed to have a large HP and damage boost over when I fought them in A4 River of Flame on 1.5b. Of course their HP and damage would scale with the zone level you encounter them, but if that was the case, the increase didn't feel linear in any sense.

That's about it for now, I can't really comment on any other of the itemization changes you've made as I haven't had much time to analyze them. I figure some of the best feedback is when it's fresh on the mind.

Sorry if this seems like a bunch of rambling and raving, just trying to give my first impressions.

Even though most of my feedback seems negative, I greatly appreciate the time and effort you've put into continuing the development of HU. Without the community, we wouldn't have HU in the first place.

Hats off to you, sir.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:33 am 

New data updated just now. Minor item/monster tweaks and Enchant fixes.

Maz - I didn't change any drop rates from whatever they were in 1.5b - maybe mraw increased them, but I don't think so. I also always seem to have a really hard time finding what I want so maybe you're just lucky. :P

Not having the resist cap severely limits what people can play unless they are in a group of 3-4, and most bosses (and mobs like marilyths) have higher absorbs% and DR% than before, so they aren't immune to anything, but they get pretty tough to kill. Even with the resist cap, it takes forever to beat down many bosses. The idea is now you get longer fights while no one is useless.

I appreciate the feedback! If you are up to it and have time, I'm interested in feedback on how you feel about these fights:

Radament - NM and Hell
Baal throne bosses - Normal and NM
Frost Dragon (anya quest) Normal and NM

If you get a chance to do those, let me know what you think and what you were playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:20 pm 

I haven't played since my last post. When I get some time, I'll try to give you a followup on your questions.

Take care.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:22 pm 

One last big update is in for now. This is ready to go live if Duff is up for a reset. Many more white base tweaks, item tweaks, and a new mid-level Assassin set! - check it all out on the pastebin in OP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:33 am 

Hope we do have a reset! If we do announce a date for it in advance.

The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the souls tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore the soul deceive, despise and murder men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 am 

Small update done - same download link in OP.

I sent Duff a PM about a possible reset, hopefully he checks it soon :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:01 am 

Another (hopefully last for a while) update just now. Fixed all prefix/suffix issues for balance on rares/magics.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:26 pm 

i ensley. actualy im very interested in testing this patch and playing it but there is no way i can make it to work. ive done all the steps. ( ive used a folder that i had 1.5b installed ) deleted my data and i pasted your data folder. also pasted other files from your folder into that 1.5b folder and my Main d2 folder on my program C folder. i made the change to run as windows sp 2 on the d2se icon. when i open d2se i clicked on the 1.10F d2version. so i cheked plugy box but there is no -txt -direct on the bottom right. i tryed to lunch d2 anyway form the top right icon ( start d2 ) i see a loading sequences but nothing happen after that ....... did i miss something ? or am i doing anything wrong let me know thx!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:11 pm 

You have to scroll down on D2SE to where it says Hell Unleashed, don't try to click the 1.10f. This happened to me when I was new too and I felt really dumb but its ok.

I've had a couple people tell me the plugy didn't work for them - I don't know what to say other than make sure your game is set to 1024x768 in game. Maybe run glide config and set it to a static size. If it still doesn't work, just uncheck plugy, but the -direct and -txt should have no problem for letting you play 1.6

Also make sure you pasted the "other files" into the 1.5 core folder, and the main d2 folder, and replace all. For good measure, set diablo2.exe and game.exe also for windows xp sp2 and run as admin.

Some people with problems using 64bit OS, check disable scaling on high DPI settings, run glide and make sure 32bit is checked. 32bit programs work on 64bit systems but 16bit programs usually won't.

Last hope would be to disable themes in Windows (for windows 8/10, guide is here http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-v ... ts-windows )
check "best performance" and it should wipe them all out. your font will look derpy on your desktop like Windows 95, but oh well.

If it still doesn't work now, I would say go buy windows XP sp3 and put it on an old computer, then it will work 100% :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:34 pm 

i made some progress !!! but i still cant play the game yet:

after loading d2se and running hell unleashed mod by pressing start d2 i tryed making a char then making a game and i get the error D2Client.dll error 182 any idea wats going on ? i did every thing as mentioned above !

the thing is that d2client.dll is in the folder ....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 am 

Hmm, well here are my d2client dll and batch files. Put them both in the main d2 folder, and put the dll in the mod core folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tpqoa5xn1zix ... h.rar?dl=0

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:46 am 

oh well for some reason its still dosent work... wat i did was extract you file and pasted in d2 root folder + MODS hell unleashed and also MODS hu1.6 folder and i still get the error when i launch the game.. before patching the OTHER FILE into d2 root folder i was able to make a game i tryed just to make sure that my vanilla install was clean. and it was the error occure when i past the files in my D2 root folder

this is wat i did in order:

get the d2 installer from blizz websit. d2 + d2lod installed both on c prgram files(x86) Diablo II. once this done i installed d2se into C: Disblo II folder.

i created a folder into MODS named Hell Unleashed. pasted everything from 1.5A_Client_FULL and D2SE_Core1.5 into that folder

then i copied that hell unleashed folder into MODS folder again and renamed into HU-1.6

then i extracted that data files you provided and pasted into HU-1.6 folder.
then i extracted OTHER FILES you privoded and pasted into C: DiabloII folder + MODS HellUNleashed + MODS HU1.6

then i did that compatibiity on D2SE icon to make it run as windows sp2.
so i open d2se scroll down to hell unleashed mods hu1.6 i cheked Use Plugy + Glide and on the bottom both -txt -direct are cheked i click START D2 and i go into single player make a new char and when i create i get those client error. so i tryed your batch file +client i pasted in c:Diablo II folder + mods hellunleashed + MODS hu-1.6 runned the game again and i still get the same error ! oh forgot to mention i went into glide setup from the hu1.6 mods folder and i made a statci size or 1024x728 + i seted into 16bIT rendering and im playing full window not windowed !

at this point i hope some1 can find my mistake or the problem im really interested in trying this mod !! gl and merry christmas to all of you ....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:25 pm 

Sounds like you don't have 1.10? The Blizzard download is 1.13, you have to downgrade, or install from old CDs. If you use the downloaded version, you probably need the game.exe, patch_d2 and some others from 1.10. Hopefully someone else here can help - I'd go make a post asking how to get 1.10 from 1.13

You can try this http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/TrenShadow/ and download the 1.10 zip

Rename the file from .zzz to .zip (crazy I know) and then replace ALL files with what it has, THEN put the HU and my stuff on top of it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:01 pm 

i think im making progress now when i load the mod i see plugy 10.00 and on the bottom left d2mod system 1.03 so i creat a char and when i start game i get a new error:

Diablo II Error

Assertion Failure
Expression : lpParent

if any1 have an idea!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:11 am 

I was getting the itch for Hell Unleashed again and checked the forums to see if there have been any updates. This has me very excited! I've been waiting for another solo-esque version of HU that is feasible to play solo, and this sounds like this might fit the bill.

I will be setting this up tomorrow and testing it out and will provide any feedback I can. Hopefully we can see this on the realms!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:57 pm 

I have a level 61 Wolf Druid so far at Cleft of Dimension before Baal. It's been a blast, but I'm itching to reroll since Druids are so slow and clunky solo. The Cleft of Dimension added a wall in Chaos Knights and tight spaces where I get surrounded, so I decided I'm going to reroll a caster for something different. I'll resume the Druid and beat normal at some point.

Thus far, the only complaint I have is that the boss fights get a bit drawn out at times. I've actually pinned down my left click and went afk to finish a couple of bosses. Otherwise, the challenge has been good and I'm enjoying it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 pm 

Glad you're enjoying it :D

As far as drawn out fights, if you are using Feral Rage on a first time play through then it is probably going to take awhile without good gear. You need an amp proc (which many items have now) CB and deadly strike along with a good weapon.

And going AFK during fights, well that won't happen on guys like Akmel, or likely anyone after normal, especially with Iron Maiden. Tobial in NM is pretty rough, probably moreso than Andariel is, and tends to require some decent kiting for heal pots, trying to keep your merc alive, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:01 pm 

I've run my webpage-maker program over the 1.6 files. There are some errors, one which caused my program to crash, since it doesn't have robust error checking. I've improved the program, and will update my program description post soon. My apologies to those who had already tried to use the program for these files, since the program's crash didn't even given hints for it's cause. Here are the typos the improved program found:

Parsing Sets
SetItems.txt "xhg" in Sigon's Complete Steel: prop1 - Property % not found
SetItems.txt "xrg" in Civerb's Vestments: prop9 - Property cast not found
SetItems.txt "uth" in Tal Rasha's Wrappings: prop5 - Property balance not found
SetItems.txt "xsk" in Tal Rasha's Wrappings: prop3 - Min 200% should be integer (Note that this was the program-crashing bug, it didn't know how to handle the '%' sign)
SetItems.txt "xvb" in Order of Conflict: prop5 - Property cb not found

Parsing Uniques
Treads of Cthon: prop3 - Property abs-ele not found
The Spirit Shroud: prop8 - Skill Poison Creeper not found
Ironpelt: prop12 - Property curseresist not found
Guardian Angel: prop4 - Property cast not found
Gloomstrap: prop10 - Property all-res not found
The Cat's Eye: prop11 - Property ed% not found
Nature's Peace: prop10 - Property balance not found
Viperfork: prop5 - Skill rabies not found
Demonhorn's Edge: prop12 - Property mag-res not found
BlessedSword: prop3 - Property life% not found
Strikefist: prop5 - Property cb not found
SorJewel: prop7 - Property pierce-ele% not found
Radamentswill: prop1 - Skill teleport not found
Empyrean Band: prop6 - Property mag-res not found

Parsing Runewords
Holy Tears: T1Code6 - Skill decrepify not found
Judgment: T1Code2 - Skill Stun Item not found
Thought: T1Code2 - Skill might not found
Vengeance: T1Code2 - Skill Vengeance Item not found

There were no issues found with cubemain.txt, or gems.txt

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:06 am 

Sounds like some random item affixes just don't work well with it. Most of those are things I didn't even add or change. Thanks for trying at least - and like I said if Duff puts it up and allows me to edit the HUDB I will update everything there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 am 

New update - just download and replace the data folder. Very minor tweaks for magic and rare balance, but important all the same :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:24 am 

New update again - some set item tweaks for balance early-mid game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:33 pm 

I've updated the webpage maker to ignore letter case for skillnames, since D2 would have accepted those anyways. It also handles the "skilltab" mod better now, so rather than having "+3 to Skilltab 0" the webpage would have "+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)". Since the skilltab property is pretty common in HU, it seemed like a an important change for me to make.

Here are the issues with the most recently uploaded files, I've put some comments in Bold. I recall that you mentioned not introducing most of these bugs, but consider correcting them when you upload your files next time.

Sets
SetItems.txt "xhg" in Sigon's Complete Steel: prop1 - Property "%" not found D2 probably just ignores this like it does with most errors, but consider removing it just in case
SetItems.txt "xrg" in Civerb's Vestments: prop9 - Property "cast" not found This should probably be "cast1" for faster cast rate
SetItems.txt "7qs" in Milabrega's Regalia: prop6 - Property "cb" not found This must be one of the new changes, but if you wanted CrushingBlow, then the property code is "crush"
SetItems.txt "uth" in Tal Rasha's Wrappings: prop5 - Property "balance" not found This should probably be "balance1" for faster hit recovery
SetItems.txt "xsk" in Tal Rasha's Wrappings: prop3 - Min "200%" should be integer The '%' should cause D2 to treat this as zero
SetItems.txt "xvb" in Order of Conflict: prop5 - Property "cb" not found

Uniques
Treads of Cthon: prop3 - Property "abs-ele" not found If absorbs to fire, cold, and lightning as a percent were intended, then the code is "abs-ele%". If absorbs as a flat number were intended, then a new property needs to be defined.
The Spirit Shroud: prop8 - Skill "Poison Creeper" not found Skills.txt has several skills named differently to how they appear in D2. The code for PoisonCreeper is "Plague Poppy"
Ironpelt: prop12 - Property "curseresist" not found Should be "resistcurse"
Guardian Angel: prop4 - Property "cast" not found
Gloomstrap: prop10 - Property "all-res" not found Should be "res-all"
The Cat's Eye: prop11 - Property "ed%" not found If Enhanced Damage were intended, then the code is "dmg%", but if Enhanced Defense were intended, then the code is "ac%"
Nature's Peace: prop10 - Property "balance" not found
Demonhorn's Edge: prop12 - Property "mag-res" not found Should be "res-mag"
BlessedSword: prop3 - Property "life%" not found Should be "hp%"
Strikefist: prop5 - Property "cb" not found
SorJewel: prop7 - Property "pierce-ele%" not found Should be "pierce-ele"
Empyrean Band: prop6 - Property "mag-res" not found

Runewords
Judgment: T1Code2 - Skill "Stun Item" not found I'm guessing this should be either "Stun" or "Find Item"
Vengeance: T1Code2 - Skill "Vengeance Item" not found This is an interesting mod, assuming it's supposed to be 33% chance to cast level 1 Vengeance onAttack. For a Zod-level runeword, I'd expect a higher level of Vengeance, so maybe the min/max fields are mixed? Be careful with casting attack skills onAttack, since I recall back around HU 1.12 there was a bug with something that had 100% cast Stun onStrike or onAttack, where the Stun attack would proc itself and crashed D2. I've never confirmed that bug, but it sounds like something to be wary of.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:17 pm 

That's interesting stuff. Stun Item and Vengeance Item? that was definitely not me, lol. Some of these were errors on my part. I believe I fixed them all, and new link is uploaded. Please download for these fixes, people :D

For the record - Judgement is now a 10% ctc lvl 15 Stun, and Vengeance is now a 10% ctc lvl 15 Vengeance.

Thanks Brevan!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:02 pm 

So to make sure I understand this... PureRage found the issue with hydra, but it still wasn't fixed prior to trying to upload a new patch to the server? So we're trying to upload a patch that's already got a broken character build in it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:54 am 

We all knew it was missing a missile, but nobody can seem to get it working, and I'm not sure why - it's not very complicated. Monstats has hydra1, hydra2, and hydra3. Missiles has an attack called hydraball. Monstats lists hydra1, hydra2, and hydra3 as casting hydraball. The skill Hydra says it summons hydra1, hydra2, and hydra3. The missile has the correct client and server settings. I've asked on Phrozen Keep and nobody there knows either. I tried copying the default 1.10 hydra specs from my own original CD patch_d2 files. I think something was lost when Mraw tried to make the Hydra do aoe damage, and he's not around to figure out what was lost. I did my best :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:37 am 

Link updated - new set added - Tristram's Artifacts! Level 15 set
Kite Shield
Heavy Gloves
Belt
Ring

Be careful when you go digging up ghosts of the past...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:25 pm 

I haven't run the new set past the webpage maker to check for any typos, I'll leave that to the people making the changes from now on.

I have posted this solution for the Hydra issue, but someone needs to give it a quick check:
HU 1.5a .TXT files discussion.

Note that I used the skills from HU v1.6 for Missiles, Skills, and Monstats, but if there is any concern about copying the entire file, then you only need these rows:

Skills.txt:
Hydra
HydraMissile

missiles.txt:
hydraball

monstats.txt:
hydra1
hydra2
hydra3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:12 am 

Updated link, thanks for the help Brevan :)
If you could include the new set in your text parser that would be great too.

Skill damage and synergies have been adjusted in Fire - check the pastebin or just look in-game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:40 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
If you could include the new set in your text parser that would be great too.
I'm not sure what you mean, since there is no inclusion required for the webpage maker. You just update your files and run the program again. It will recreate all the webpages with whatever changes were made, and let you know if there was a problem. You could create 100 new sets, run the program, and in several seconds you will have those sets added to the webpages or error messages giving you a hint about why they were not.

I did take a look at the new files uploaded yesterday though, and the only oddity I noticed was that you used the "fade" property on the new set, but that property has a comment in Properties.txt (at least the version I have) that it should only be used in monprop.txt. I have no idea what would go wrong with placing it on an item. Since I've never used it, I have not customized the Properties.txt "*desc" column with an appropriate message for that mod. If you know what it does, then consider adding the description yourself before you run the program. Maybe something as simple as "Fade", unless there is more to it than that, but "Fade" is better than "Don't use this". This issue is not with the program, but with the description being used in Properties.txt, which is meant to be modified by the D2-mod creator or program user.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:20 pm 

Me wants resettt :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 pm 

Fade makes you look ethereal is all. It works fine in game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 am 

so when is the reset date? I want to play multiplayer! Is duff in contact with you Ensley?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:45 am 

Not for the last couple weeks. He just needs to check his PMs :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 am 

Ok well he just told me, reset very soon :D Doing one last quick check then fixing it to MPQ

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:40 pm 

Is D2SE required now to run this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 pm 

I don't understand. Can't get it to install. Will write more clear directions once I understand.

Do we need to install another version of HU to get this working?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:00 am 

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:13 pm 

Made some progress. Did ANOTHER fresh install of Diablo 2 and LOD from disc's. I guess we can't use a no CD loader since we have to use D2SE?

Looks kind of messed up at start. Usually its changed to that image of diablo. Also clicking on "BATTLE.NET" to play on Arimyth servers does nothing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:15 pm 

When I try to play single player get error.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:45 pm 

The current patch he has uploaded uses the 1.5 patch with his stuff pasted over it. Chances are when they update the server they will re-update his patch so that it's not just a data past over, but an actual MPQ and stuff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:12 pm 

D2SE comes without needing a disc

It simply looks like you are missing some of those MPQs. Check for the ones in that error message, and if you don't have them, it's very easy to get them. You can try to download them or just run Explore with your LOD disc and copy out the MPQs from in there.

Make sure you are using 1.10F. If you have new box keys or download from Bnet it won't be 1.10, it will be 1.13

You can't play 1.6 on Arimyth network yet lol it's currently for SP. You have to download and use the 1.5a version to play online.

The reset will have it all packed in the MPQ so there will be no data folder and it will use all of the 1.5a files except for the patch_d2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:22 pm 

Link in OP updated for final 1.6 changes. This will serve as the single player version, fully compatible with Plugy, but requires D2SE and my "other files" along with the Data folder.

The 1.6 online version will not require D2SE, or use Plugy, or have a data folder. It also does not use the "other files". Keep 2 separate folders if you wish to retain both versions as one is strictly single player and the other is strictly online.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm 
Game Server Host

The missing .mpqs D2SE asks for has them hidden away already. Go to the D2 folder that contains the MODS folder, then go to the D2SE folder there.

Inside that D2SE folder is an X_Optional_X folder that contains the 4 files you need to run without the disk. Just copy those to your D2 folder and you are good to go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:52 am 

Is is still only single player?

When will it be released MP?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 am 
Site Admin

snakzz wrote:

You should open your eyes and read the first topic on the forums ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13821

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:26 am 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
snakzz wrote:

You should open your eyes and read the first topic on the forums ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13821

Nothing there about 1.6 beeing runned on MP? :S

Or I may just be blind :mrgreen: If thats the case, sorry about that :D

Offline Profile