Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Post subject: Best solo char
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:35 am 

Hello everyone. I downloaded unleashed a few days ago, and i must say, that im enjoying playing this mod very much. Just...its too hard for a loner like me ;) Im using two builds: nova sorc and bladesin. Now...while playing nova i get stuck in a4 (cant beat diablo) as for bladesin...well...i cant even get close to a2 boss. Any tips? What build should i use? (inb4 blaze) I want to beat all three difficulty levels alone. Is it even doable without uber gozu gear? This mod is too awesome to play on normal only ;)

Thanks for your answers

btw. im using HU 1.21 solo edition

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Best solo char
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:39 am 
Game Server Host

most builds should work on solo. The key is reducing incoming damage if you have no lifebuffs of your own. Diamonds in equip (4 flawless in a crafted armour in a4 and 4 in a crafted helm etc). against heavy single hit bosses dr% and absorb % is the key.

If you are playing a build with lifebuffs this still holds true but is not as important since you have a heavy life bulb to cussion the blows.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 am 

Thank you :D you motivated me.

Also, im a little ashamed to ask...but what the hell is lifebuff?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 am 

any skill that provides maximum life% to the player...skills like battle orders, oak sage, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:43 pm 
Game Server Host

If you still find your sorc is stuck on the diablo quest I can give you some pointers for how I used to do that quest on mine.

I used energy shield on my build but I don't use it for this quest (for moloch it's ok)

Start off by filling your armour and helm with flawless diamonds. This will sygnificantly reduce the incoming damage from the elemental spells being thrown at you. You are best to use a crafted armour and helm so you can put 4 socket in them. Try to get over 105%fcr. Rings, amulets and weapons with fcr. Spectral shard is a decent weapon to use here. If you can find it, the level 40 sorc orb is the best weapon. Put topaz's in the weapon.

When the bosses spawn you want to use the entire area as a battle ground, teleport around then attack with static while you are out of range for nova and switch to nova when they get close enough. If you start taking heavy damage teleport around and cast static every sec or so to stop the boss from healing. With diamonds in equip you should be able to stand and take a good few hits before falling back.

Idealy you want a fire shrine to spawn in there and use that at the start of the fight against diablo. That will drop him a good 1/3 of his life and make the fight alot shorter.

Just stay on the move if incoming damage is to heavy. If you can take some hits then deal your own out while they bash away at you.

Put rubys in a shield to get some extra absorbs against diablo. You should be ok if you stick to the attack and move strategy though.

Good luck

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 am 

Thank you very much, Rage. Finally, i defeated that fucking red monkey. On 60 lvl, but still... anyway, im thinking about making a hammerdin. Nova cant handle a5. Im dying every 3 minutes or so. This mod is far too hard, or im just too stupid to play it properly :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 pm 
Game Server Host

light nova should be destroying a5 at level 50. Get an orb/shield combo and aim for 200fcr with amn runes etc. fill any socket on your weapon with topazs.

Offline Profile