Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Post subject: Assasin charges
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:24 am 

I came to conclusion that charges are not cool to keep an eye on them.
So i came with idea that it could be changed. Dont know if this is possible.
Charge skill could be set as self aura. Each 0.5sec regenerate 1 charge. This would balance out damage output and struggle with correct using skill wich is quite annoying after few hours of gameplaying. Main reason why i keep myself from charger is keeping eye on those tiny globes around character.
You could switch each aura 1 2 3 4 and put those all charges on boss. As long they dont expire wich is like 12+ sec?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Assasin charges
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am 

That is not possible sadly. I actually do not like the way assassin charges play either. I just don't find it fun, but some people do enjoy it.

If everyone does a vote about reworking the way those 4 elemental MA skills work then I can make them melee attacks that create different effects, but each skill would only have 1 effect and these new melee skills would not release charges of Tiger or Cobra strike due to limitations of d2.

But, if it isnt broke don't fix it, so I don't want to do anything besides balance what they currently are unless more people say want a change.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am 

i like the chargers personally.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:57 am 

Here's few ideas.
1. Make it Frenzy like barbarian with this difference that they will last 2seconds and charge from 1-27% chance cast each spell. This could allow to use 2 types of element same time.

2.Normal attack bonuses connected with charges. Make each attack deal partial damage of skill and gain charge, Using final blow release small aoe spell for example path fire and firebaal on fist of fire. And fire nova when u realease 3 charges.

3.If possible to do make that release does not waste 3 charges. You still have to keep from time to time 3 charges but you release them each hit. Ofcourse would have to be toned down.

4.Tiger strike dont change charges mechanic just add 30% pierce physical on 3 charge. This with cobra strike could make huge 7th attack with max healing. They could synergiez each oither and stand alone as build.
Each point in cobra give passive 2%life steal on tiger strike. (high because final blow will not gain benefit and tiger itself have no ed%)
Cobra strike could gain 35% ed% for each point in tiger for each attack.

Side bonus idea: each charge of cobra strike give respectively 250,450,800 Total 1.5k hp for duration of charge.With boo and oak gives bonus 6khp. How would it affect gameplay? You want release charge when ur hp bar is low for full heal up. 30% pierce on tiger strike would allow to do so.

5. Idea instead of previous changes. Change cobra so it give hp for duration of charge instead steal. 2k hp overall. Yes it's only usefull for melee sins that s first and second you lose it once u release it. Would be nice if on release it heal flat amount of self heal. You lose 2k hp with all buffs oak etc on realease but you heal 6k hp. So in scenario when fully charge sin got 3khp +2khp x4(buff)=20k hp She lost alrdy half hp. So she stand on 10/20k hp. Realease decrease her hp to 10/12k hp and heal by 6k = she is healed to 12/12 then she gain charges and again got 20k hp. Ofcourse this should be balanced 6k hp on release is to strong. 2k heal could be cool enough.

6.Dragon flight should not have animation. Change it to teleport. Duh then it would be realy great and usefull for charged trap sin. And also blade sin other would benefit aswell. Realy good teleport to boss after he release spells or whatever. For now this shit is to slow. It must be instant teleport.
Like realy i m watching it QQ cuz u can even cancel it so easily. It could also slow ur run speed by 100% for 0.5sec. So u after u use it u dont move

7.Dragon talon 720% ed on 48lvl is joke need anything that would makes u wanting to play it. There's no claws that got some defensive extra profit nor skill itself give jack shit on top of low kick damage. 3fps attack is not enough. Nobody play it ever brah. Kick damage if i remember correctly does not critic. This is garbage of epic size. This skill in lod was meant to be balanced for pvp. Beside that 0.5sec venom make it even worse. This sexy assasin kick with speed of you balls in 2 holes watchin her tities. So she attack 8/sec even. But poison apply 2 times. She turned into weakest but still sexiest character in diablo. She need some help bro. No idea Physical pierce? Crushing blow? Elemental damage add to skill itself? Some crazy 6 randomly generated elemental graphic each 4-5 hit? Make it fire maybe she would be hot. Or make 3 types out of this one skill to choose. You want cold bi*ch, hot one or electric ^^? Cmone this skill need some help.
Add Her maybe venom in skill itself synergiezed just with venom. But applied each 3fps.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:17 pm 

Sin charges can be remade into something more like druid´s maul/feral, and keep the sin animation, so, for each elemental charge it build elemental damage %, so it could start with 10% 15% 25% fire dmg for fist of fire for example (1 2 and 3 charges respectively), and increase the % per level and end up around 15% 50% 75%, endgame and adjust the dmg on phoneix strike to something like 250 each elemental per hardpoint damage, (starting at lvl1 250 each elemental dmg) so level 20 phoenix strike would be doing 5k dmg each element, with maxed and charged fist of fire wich is +75% fire damage would be 8750 fire dmg (no skills yet, just plain 20 hardpoints) so this would be the base dmg, to this you add the +skills and all the damage modifiers from gear etc, its a simple thing to balance this way.

Dunno, just my idea. Its cool when shadow master stack charges around her and moves around, and a bulked up sin with FoF CoT and BoI running around using phoenix strike would be nice to see.

EDIT: now that I think of it... this would be a buff to fire/lite trappers xD but i bet something can be done about it, like a flag or restriction betwen skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 pm 

The charges right now are fine as far as damage and clear is concerned.
There is however two (2) important issues that make MA sins in general very difficult to play.

1: Lack of proper gear for the build. Appart from Deception which until this patch had no elemental synergies, Sins had access to literally nothing to boost their skills until they got to use elite claws. A lot of elite gear gives + to phoenix strike but nothing else also.

2: Melee sins (and melee non-pure-tank characters) have massive difficulties sticking to bosses without blowing up instantly. On a sin it is particularly bad because claw block doesn't compensate for absorb, and there is only one-2 release skills you can use with a shield, and both don't care for claw damage. If you go the clawblock route, getting to 86% block chance is pretty damn tough. You can try crafting gloves and hope for a +3 MA (the best option, but not really) or craft ammies and hope to get both 14-16% FBR AND +3 MA skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 am 

Orbs fhr/block animation sins so they can not use charges that was my main problem. Do not know what gear lack elemental sins. Seem to me fine they got as good gear as trap sin. Rather nobody use cold fist it s lower dmg or light wich override self damage later on. So there's just magic and fire fists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:48 am 

The only reason sins have trouble is the reason every class has trouble.. this game is NOT tankable once you get halfway through NM.. period. no class can do it. Claw block improvements should happen but even a fix to claw block won't help the class.

Next patch when damage is toned down it'll be better.

There is no issue with current charges either. they are fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 am 

Assasin melee had 80%life boost. She's just not selfsufficient and need oak. So is paladin.
Add to assasin cat's lifes. Like in diablo 3 there is if remember correctly in passives for hunter or whatever skill that give 3-4 second invicibility once every 30 second? Forget mention it trigger under 10% hp
This skill would perfectly suit struggling with life assasin. Trap type does not block spells when move.. like amazon. Melee is just to weak (no shield) and lower hp.

No idea how buff paladin.

Last edited by Chlebo on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 am 

There's no point. The new patch is changing life and damage values.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:58 am 

i hate charges, tried it once when the Expansion first came out and never touched her again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 pm 

Kodiac wrote:
i hate charges, tried it once when the Expansion first came out and never touched her again.

And Assassin charges are my favorite builds. Ever since they were buffed, the charges became very strong.

Last patch, the downfall of charges was that the sin was incapable of staying in melee range of a boss to charge them without being destroyed, making the sin pretty much useless. I'm hoping that, if going tanky, a sin should be able to charge in front of a boss without exploding now, with the changes that have been done to boss difficulty..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am 

Can you modify phoenix strike so that when used it stacks charges from all charge skills (if you have them) like if you have them all it adds one additional ball on each strike ?

If you have them all you hit 18 times and and get 18 balls or 7 times 7 balls. You get me ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm 

I'm not aware of a modding method of attacking with PhoenixStrike but then earning CobraStrike (or another skill's) charges, if that's what you were intending. You can switch charge-up skills to add more charges already though, and your finishing move uses all charges that have been stacked. If you've already attacked 3 times with PhoenixStrike, you can switch to CobraStrike and attack another 3 times, and cycle through all the charge-up skills you own before using a finishing move.

I wouldn't recommend that in HUv1.7 though, since more charges aren't necessarily better (usually charge 2 and 3 are more related to AoE damage, which isn't higher than just quickly using a single charge against a single target). It's not a bad idea to get 1 charge from a few skills (maybe 2 or 3 from CobraStrike for the dual leach that's level invariant) and then Finish.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:55 pm 

The idea is not to switch between so many skills and gain them tru just one - phoenix strike.

Offline Profile