Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

Post subject: Last minute minor Suggestions for 1.41D
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 pm 

- Further increase the gold cap for both stash and character. No reason to restrict gold carrying capacity. Needs ~50k character gold holding per character level and probably about 1 million stash gold holding per character level.
- Slight buff to rune drops and/or rune bosses Countess and Nihlathak. Rune acquiring should be more in line with character level progression, not 20-40 levels behind it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Last minute minor Suggestions for 1.41D
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:56 pm 

If we're to increase stash limit further, I wonder if it would be possible to fix dropping gold stash-to-inventory. In normal diablo, trying to remove more cash from the stash than what you can hold on you automatically fills your inventory with the correct amount. This doesn't currently work and makes it quite the hassle to transfer/drop large amounts of gold.
The only downside of having a bigger stash is that it makes crafting significantly easier.
Not sure if that would really end up being an issue.

Rune drops along with the level of items being sold in shop being way under the level of your character always annoyed me as well. Reminds me of Diablo 3, and that isn't a good thing. I thought low level rune drops had been buffed with 1.41 however.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:04 pm 
Game Server Host

Patches have been sent already.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm 

I think the one issue I had with gold is that a character can do one nightmare inner cloister run and not even be able to hold all of it.

The runes were supposed to be buffed, but it seems like nothing really didn't change. Was still rolling in nightmare without having found anything above a Lem rune by middle Act 3, those monsters are high level 60s and should be dropping certain things like ist, vex, ohm. Always seemed to me like runewords were too difficult to gear with and not worth trying to obtain until you were into the late stages of the game.

Sucks that the changes can't be made now but they are minor and nothing gamebreaking. Glad the patch is on the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm 
Game Server Host

I'll work out rune drops for next patch.

Heres an example of the way it's setup now:

the numbers after the "rXX" and "RunesXX" are the probability, so add all those together for the row you are looking at.
Starting at Zod drop (Runes17). r33 = 1, Runes16 = 1200

So a mob that has the "Runes17" drop has a 1/1201 chance to drop a zod, and 1200/1201 chance to instead pick something from Runes16.
If it rolls runes16, it has a 3/806 chance to drop cham, a 3/806 chance to drop jah and a 800/806 chance to pick something from Runes15 instead.
etc. etc.

Feel free to suggest possible numbers.

Offline Profile