Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

Post subject: ES Level Req/Position Change
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 pm 

So with the difficulty of the current patch, how the hell would you make it 28 levels if you were going an all Mana ES build? ES shouldn't have a level req or at the minimum be in TK's spot on the tree.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: ES Level Req/Position Change
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 pm 

Delta wrote:
So with the difficulty of the current patch, how the hell would you make it 28 levels if you were going an all Mana ES build? ES shouldn't have a level req or at the minimum be in TK's spot on the tree.

The first 28-36 levels are by far the worst to get through on most non-summoner characters. Best you can do is hope your team will be able to carry you and that you can dodge most enemy skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:19 pm 

Riem821 wrote:
Delta wrote:

The first 28-36 levels are by far the worst to get through on most non-summoner characters. Best you can do is hope your team will be able to carry you and that you can dodge most enemy skills.

Most non-summoner builds aren't trying to get to 28 with 5 hp either. So basically your saying if your going all mana, you have to rush/power level the sorc to 28. With all the wonderful changes, that might've been a good one to look at.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm 

Delta wrote:
Riem821 wrote:
Delta wrote:

Most non-summoner builds aren't trying to get to 28 with 5 hp either. So basically your saying if your going all mana, you have to rush/power level the sorc to 28. With all the wonderful changes, that might've been a good one to look at.

Look. The very first character you make with the ladder has to be able to gear everybody else and should be tanky/deal enough damage to get him far into normal without too much difficulty. Starting a ES sorc without any items to twink her sounds pretty damn stupid.

In short, make something else before your ES sorc and use that character to gear and rush your sorc.

Worst case scenario, putting 5-10 points in vita so you can level up by yourself isn't the end of the world.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 pm 

Are u joking? i will have to tank with character 5 str whole game.. :lol: laughing at ur 28levels hardwork. Actualy u need more then 28level because u want energy shield at some decent% to survive normal encounters let say 36+will do no idea what % are now. only whole 1,2 act u will be carried easily ;) I can help you just pm on start i will try find time to help!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:48 pm 

Quote:
Look. The very first character you make with the ladder has to be able to gear everybody else and should be tanky/deal enough damage to get him far into normal without too much difficulty. Starting a ES sorc without any items to twink her sounds pretty damn stupid.

You know that doesnt make sense. So whats the point in building a necro at patch start? Or I guess everyone should make a barb/druid/pally at patch start (not enough of those already).

Quote:
In short, make something else before your ES sorc and use that character to gear and rush your sorc.

So this CRAZY idea I have of actually wanting to play a certain sorc build through without having to Twink her or rush her is stupid huh?

Quote:
Worst case scenario, putting 5-10 points in vita so you can level up by yourself isn't the end of the world.

This doesn't make sense either. You get what, 4 life per vita? So I can throw 5-10 pts in vita and get what 20-40 hp instead of 5 and then level up to 28 on that?

You are correct in one thing though. It's not the end of the world.

But what would make A LOT more sense than all the above crap you just wrote is to just fucking say "Hmmm, ya it is a little ridiculous an ES sorc would have to wait until 28 to effectively use her mana pool for life."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 pm 

I'm actually not opposed to removing the lvl req on ES. Can't really think of any reason why not

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 pm 

Riem821 wrote:

This entire post is just ridiculous.

What if he doesn't want to make more than one character? Starting an ES sorc without any items isn't stupid at all, it's what he wants to do. In fact, it's very possible (I've done this on HC quite a few patches, including this past one).

To tell someone that they HAVE to make another character and HAVE to rush the sorc is asinine to say the least. What gets me is that your post is written like you're a know-it-all, but that's hardly the case. Spreading misinformation or telling someone how to play and enjoy the game is as bad as it gets.

Delta, PM me if you want some ideas on making it through the beginning stages of an ES sorc. I can even show you my base vit/str sorc thats in nightmare on the 1.41c ladder in HC.

I do completely agree about it switching spots with another skill or being moved to a level 1 skill (above TK). I think its best spot is switching with TK to be a level 6 skill and switch TK to a level 28 skill (like most other sorc builds having the strong spell at 28 or 36). It's a very good idea and nobody brings it up because most people here aren't very good with building a proper EShield sorc. Not really sure why it was never brought up either, as moving its spot is very easy and doesn't change the game at all for any other sorc except the ES sorcs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm 

i've played an es char before and they have a whole set of problems that other chars don't have to deal with. namely, mana burn/psn damage just stomp your face in if not careful. also given the fact that es=o resists, boss elemental damage is still very high so you're going to need help at a boss or get destroyed.

that being said i don't see a problem with es being available anywhere from lvl 1 to 12.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 am 

Pious wrote:
i've played an es char before and they have a whole set of problems that other chars don't have to deal with. namely, mana burn/psn damage just stomp your face in if not careful. also given the fact that es=o resists, boss elemental damage is still very high so you're going to need help at a boss or get destroyed.

that being said i don't see a problem with es being available anywhere from lvl 1 to 12.

Everyone gets destroyed by bosses, so I don't see a problem here which only concerns an ES sorc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am 
Game Server Host

ES changed to level 6
TK changed to level 28
TK starting damage buffed from 9-12 to 50-60 to be more in ine with other sills with level 28 req. + accounting for the fact it's single target.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm 

first you change my blizz to 36 and now i cant steal slappys juvies till im 28?!
ohno!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:10 pm 

i don't get it, what stops you from putting points in vita?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
ES changed to level 6
TK changed to level 28
TK starting damage buffed from 9-12 to 50-60 to be more in ine with other sills with level 28 req. + accounting for the fact it's single target.

Cheers!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 pm 

ao2005 wrote:
first you change my blizz to 36 and now i cant steal slappys juvies till im 28?!
ohno!

lol fuck you and your tk bitch!

Offline Profile