Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 pm

Post subject: Good gaming experience last night
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am 

Seems like the goal of keeping normal casual has worked pretty well. My hammerdin traveled with a healer paladin, a zealer and a conc barb through A3 last night and we were able to complete the quests without high lvl assistance and with only moderate difficulty. Mephisto was challenging but not impossible. The fight lasted long enough to be thrilling, without being boring or intimidating. With good teamwork and people properly playing their roles - he was brought to his knees and we moved to the next Act. The healer stayed a good distance away and was able to move his bolts from about 70% at the barb and 30% to me while the barb kept Mephisto locked in a single position. This allowed me to bring my hammers in accurately and do good dmg to him. I would say the fight lasted around 3-5 minutes at most. Was long enough for the zealing paladin to die, run down and recovery his body and then die again. I don't think he made it down to recover his body in time before Mephisto fell.

All in all - I considered it a successful endeavor. 3 players working as a team and at the right level were able to complete the quest without horrendous amounts of cubes and without a huge time commitment. I didn't have to say up incredibly late just so I didn't get left behind.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Good gaming experience last night
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:16 pm 

Good stuff. I've been tempted to remake my Convictor just so that I get to enjoy the modified Normal difficulty, and because I'd have my gear waiting for me (that's pretty mandatory for such a weak build, makes it much more enjoyable).

Last night I helped a group against NM Baal with my lvl 86 Blazer. She's past him, but she's good for some of the bosses that they were having trouble with. There was about 5 other characters, quite poorly organized. There was I think 1 barb, 1 druid (Tornado with Oak), 1 PoisonNecro with golems, 1 Assasin (DClaw), and probably a couple others I didn't notice much. Despite the Blazer making things a lot easier up until the Fire guy, I think NM baal quest preserved a fair bit of challenge for what I think was a group new to HU.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:35 pm 

yea and i noticed with making normal and nm a bit easier there are more players playing now 70+ were online when i last checked

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 am 

My sorc is in Act 5 normal, let me know when you get there :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:12 am 

I think I may have been that other pally ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:48 am 

I remade my Convictor with plenty of strong gear waiting (mades a fairly weak build a bit overpowered). The excellent part of tonight's play experience was when some high level rusher joined the A4 game (think someone asked for him), and not only did I leave, but 3 others did too. Not only did we defeat Diablo legitly (albeit I was heavily twinked. We even had a dedicated PotRunner, so you know it was a decent fight), but continued to collect all A5 wp (and non-nila quests) up to Ancients, at which point the server crashed.

Later, I played with a fellow Pally (FanataZealot), both of us about lvl 58. I let him use my "Rift" scepter while I used "Voice of Reason". Between his Fanatacism, and my Conviction, we cleared Norm stuff quite fast, and in an enjoyable manner (the screen was was nearly filled with snow, and I think together we stacked like 10 Blizz at times). We took down Izzy and Shenk (Massive counter fest, but I warned him before hand). We downed Laz for kicks (took about 10 seconds).

Good times.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:39 am 

Another excellent play experience with my Convictor v2.0.

After finishing Normal Baal in a 8 man team (also an excellent game), I took a break and returned to NM. I joined with a Necro (Magic Dmg), and Sorc (Blizz). We quickly gathered WPs, and fought our way to Toby. However, Toby apparently deals like 4k per hit in NM when you're cursed, so my 2k HP didn't save me even when the Necro used Weaken. We pooled resources to make a MSRuby-socketed Shaftstop and 19%dr Knight's Vigil (in a 27% res pally shield). That combined with Decrep allowed me to tank. It was excellent to overcome a previously impossible foe.

We then proceeded to do all of A2 up to Palace wp (including all staff peices) without much trouble. The rest will be a tale for another day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:07 am 

Just wanted to add to the greatness of this thread.

It was only a 2 man team, Brevan's convictor (which is really quite powerful!) and myself, but we managed to get through act 3 nightmare pretty well with some slight adjustments to our gear and our strategy in general. For meph, we actually had him fight him the whole time and I would "attempt" to keep him healed with my very powerful heal of 75-150 per cast. I say attempt because my mana went down pretty fast even with meditation on (our agreement was that I would use salvation, but I couldn't keep my mana high enough to accomplish this) so in the 10 minute battle I drank all but three rejuv's even though I was only keeping my mana up and avoiding meph's attacks as much as possible. The biggest obstacle was when meph would get into his "prison cage" modes and continuously trap Brevan. At those times I had to help get him out so I could re-target him again and so he could target meph again too. Seemed like there may be some small glitch from his screen to my screen on that, but either way we managed to get through it. A fun night and it's always nice to get out of act 3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:17 am 

after playing a bit solo today.. 2 spawn is wayyyy too easy ~~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 am 

You're playing probably the most solo friendly build(hammers) with endgame gear on SC. Of course it's easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:19 am 
Game Server Host

the change in spawn only made single spawning more abundant in my eyes. with such a big gap between 2 player spawn and a full game more people will turn to single spawning just for ease of boss killing.

With that being said, I done 2 hell diablos last night with my healer The first one was a team of 3 of us and he dropped so fast it was a joke. The second one was a 7 player spawn I think, and the fight was alot more fun to be in. especialy considering there was still only 4 of us down there. Even though it was a high spawn he still went down, so higher spawn just makes things more interesting in my opinion and the fights take longer than 1 minute. The first one took between 1 and 2 mins while the second one took more like 5 mins to finish. I much prefer the latter against what is supposed to be a prime evil.

Offline Profile