Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Post subject: REMOVE ZEROLAG FROM THE LIST OF HOSTS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 am 

The past few days I have tried using ZeroLag's servers and they are literally unplayable with the amount of lag his servers have. I find myself starting to skip his games and find others.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: REMOVE ZEROLAG FROM THE LIST OF HOSTS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:53 am 

I also skip just remake if I get ZL. Earlier tonight I decided to give them another shot in case they were a little more stable with fewer players being on them recently, but it's still terrible.

I could maybe cope with them if they were slightly laggy, but stable (like a 400 ping, but constant). The problem is, they run OK for 90 seconds, then you get a huge spike for 20 seconds > game runs in overtime for 10 seconds > back to normal for 60 seconds > medium spike for 30 seconds > stable for 10 seconds > huge spike for 20 seconds. after that they calm down again for 2-3 mins. You drop your guard, maybe it was just a bad patch? WRONG! a HUGE spike pops up again, and the cycle starts over.
The problem is not that they ping high (you can adjust to higher ping if it is a constant), it's that they are extremely spiky and not consistent.

It is not fun and it is not the kind of responsiveness one would expect all the time on a particular server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:23 am 

Hmm honestly I don't constantly have the issues on zero lag that most people do. For me when it's bad, it's bad, but when it's good it actually has the best ping for me. If I get zl I just teleport around a little bit and I can immediately tell if it's playable or not

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:19 am 

I also am having issues with ZeroLag, I was playing in a game and lost connection to the game. The game had been laggy up until that point but I was trying to deal with it. But when I went to log back into my character it is stuck inside that game. :( Seems to me it might be time ZeroLag stops hosting servers. I don't know if anyone can help me get my character out of that game or not, but if some one could that would be great.

ZeroLag HU-2
(hidden) Y SC normal Y 1 01:51:29 *Wookienuts (Enchantalada)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:26 am 

I have respectable ping to zerolag servers, but for whatever reason his servers are unplayable at nearly all times of the day. You get blackscreens when trying to teleport, you catch on objects and desync far more frequently than other servers, and it's just all around unplayable.

Another issue is how frequently they crash. For whatever reason when I decide to play on a zerolag it manages to make me regret my decision and remove a good fifteen minutes of my life by crashing and rerolling.

I won't even XFER on these servers anymore, much less play on them. It's just bad for the community, finally got a friend to start playing and we do all of act 1 and it just crashed and rerolled. Friend is no longer playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:12 am 

i just lost 2 chars on this server lvl 100 and lvl 96 1 hit in a three spawn game server was definately a contributing factor. if i get a zero lag game i go to a new game usually and this is why! :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:47 am 

yes please get rid of zero lag servers they are garbage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 am 

Remove Zerolag, For the love of God, having to remake games over and over to get a none zerolag server is annoying as hell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:58 pm 

Please get rid of zerolag!

The problem is it works great for along time then all of a sudden ur invisible in the channel wondering what happened.

Zerolag normally has the best ping of all servers for me, but the inconsistency has killed me 5 times this season. That being said lots of luv to the guy who has been hosting us for like ten years.......

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile