Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

Post subject: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 am 

I was on tundra earlier today with my fnova and randomly died. There was no lag, there was no might, there was no amp, and I got 100% instantly, slain by Death Berserker (the guys that shoot spines at you under ground).

I thought maybe there was an extra strong pack a screen away or something like that, where they all got REALLY lucky and hit me all at once (I had 75% block and 5% chance to be hit... 100 pdr, 20% DR, and 8000 life). When I cleared the body so the char with loot could get my corpse, THERE WERE NO DEATH BERSERKERS ANYWHERE. This was obviously a bug.

I talked to Mraw about this a bit on realm and he said he knew of one similar case. Anyone else out there experienced anything like this? ISO your feedback and what not so maybe we can narrow down a cause.

My first thought, though unlikely, was that there was some sort of bug in the enemy's target acquisition, where every death berserker on the entire map targeted me and stuck there little fingers into my holes from every corner of the tundra. But if that was the case, I think at least I would see the animation of their things coming toward me, and I saw no animations.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Random Death
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am 

never heard of anything similar. RIP

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:24 am 

Shit, that is so bad. Maybe many things hit you in the same time and just one Death Berserker was the final murderer?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am 

the only thing within range of me were 3 or 4 demon tricksters, who deal no damage to me. There were no death berserkers within 3 screens of the possible range to aggro me. I had cleared the mobs in that area and was picking up loot. There was absolutely nothing in range to hurt me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

catapult airstrike

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm 

Ive been 1 shot by a catapult before, that was not the case this time

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:10 pm 

talked to you last night, and yeah happened to me, no zerkers around just insta death, sc lives on!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
I was on tundra earlier today with my fnova and randomly died. There was no lag, there was no might, there was no amp, and I got 100% instantly, slain by Death Berserker (the guys that shoot spines at you under ground).

I thought maybe there was an extra strong pack a screen away or something like that, where they all got REALLY lucky and hit me all at once (I had 75% block and 5% chance to be hit... 100 pdr, 20% DR, and 8000 life). When I cleared the body so the char with loot could get my corpse, THERE WERE NO DEATH BERSERKERS ANYWHERE. This was obviously a bug.

I talked to Mraw about this a bit on realm and he said he knew of one similar case. Anyone else out there experienced anything like this? ISO your feedback and what not so maybe we can narrow down a cause.

My first thought, though unlikely, was that there was some sort of bug in the enemy's target acquisition, where every death berserker on the entire map targeted me and stuck there little fingers into my holes from every corner of the tundra. But if that was the case, I think at least I would see the animation of their things coming toward me, and I saw no animations.

hi slappy, reading this post make me think of something happens to me last season, it was on a summon necro, i add Bo + Oak i was walking smoothly into either ancient way or glacial trail i dont remember, and i get instantly killed also, no life drop or anything, and it was also by Death Berserker that i also never found clearing body. let say that you are not freak and im not either :shock: !!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:14 pm 

Death Berserkers seem to unnaturally kill things. Mraw or some other coder could look into their range or attack setting/config to see if something can be done? Death Berserkers are certainly one of a very few monsters that seem to have other-worldly powers when attempting to kill you (chargers being the foremost).

I wonder if their attack is instant, but the animation is actually following the attack after its already happened?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm 

did you walk over or near the corpse of a pack of them?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 pm 

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 pm 

Pious wrote:

I just killed a shit ton of them, so yea was walking all over their corpses while picking up items

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 pm 

some monsters have had a bugged corpse depending on the mods they spawn with. moloch was pretty infamous for this when lightning enchanted; ive seen his corpse 1 shot many a poor fellow before. i suppose death maulers should also be considered corpse-unfriendly for hc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:50 am 

pious, i think moloch was mostly because of the very thickly stacked poison creepers and people not thinking before they go all bnet on you (loot crazy) thats from my experience anyway lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 am 

Pious wrote:
some monsters have had a bugged corpse depending on the mods they spawn with. moloch was pretty infamous for this when lightning enchanted; ive seen his corpse 1 shot many a poor fellow before. i suppose death maulers should also be considered corpse-unfriendly for hc.

you got anymore info about the bugged corpses? Like, are they dealing their normal attack damage? Their HP amount damage? Something totally different?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm 

Qwazym wrote:
people not thinking before they go all bnet on you (loot crazy) thats from my experience anyway lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:35 pm 

lmfao, I was just gonna leave that one alone since pious actually posted something meaningful

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 pm 

My guess is the corpse damage is probably related to their normal attack damage.

Molochs poison vines would kill you pretty fast if you walked onto them (since there was like 100 stacked up, and a few set of vines didn't hurt so much), but I never encountered the LE moloch corpse.

If there was a few packs you were walking on top of, something like MS and Extra Strong? Might be a possible murder suspect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm 

it happened to me 2 or 3 times.. people told me its berserker + might combo but i am not sure they can hit from offscreen range(1024res).. no idea what happened, best thing is its sc char anyway... i didnt know what happened so nothing to give feedback.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 pm 

Dead 94 zon by corpses. Oh well!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 am 

yeaaaaa be really nice if somebody could look into this. Again, no monsters around, just standing on a shit ton of corpses as we were clearing wp. Slain by death berserker

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 am 

this always seems to be clearing wp. might be something to do with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:09 am 

has nothing to do with the wp, except that theres tons of death berserker corpses everywhere

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 pm 

I've never had this happen over the course of thousands of runs.

I imagine it is a server issue with desync/lag though.

Offline Profile