Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Post subject: Javazon boss-killing tips?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:46 am 

I'm just getting back to HU (Woo!) and want to make a Javazon again. I don't know why, I just really enjoy the class (even though I'm an archer in real life). Problem is, I've never been able to make a good boss killing Javazon before. Before, I did a full-on poison javazon, maxing out all 3 poison javelin skills. I had no troubles with mobs, but bosses always seemed to give me a hell of a time. Does lightning work better? I know in D2 vanilla, the skill that releases bolts on strike would cause all bolts to hit a boss. Is this still the case? Would that be a superior boss-killer than poison?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Javazon boss-killing tips?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:57 am 

Poison amazons are considered one of the best boss killers in the game. Poison in general is very effective at killing bosses.
I'd say a lightning fury amazon is one of the best trash killers in the game. Charged Strike is really strong against single targets but against many bosses you will have to eat an overwhelming amount of counters when using it. It's difficult to tank that many counters with a character who lacks defensive gear.
Regardless of your choice, decoy is an incredible good tank. Pair it with life buffs for the best effect.

You really can't go wrong with any javazon at the moment; both options are extremely solid builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm 

That's strange that on the best boss killer in the game you had trouble.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:25 pm 

Abominae wrote:
Poison amazons are considered one of the best boss killers in the game. Poison in general is very effective at killing bosses.
I'd say a lightning fury amazon is one of the best trash killers in the game. Charged Strike is really strong against single targets but against many bosses you will have to eat an overwhelming amount of counters when using it. It's difficult to tank that many counters with a character who lacks defensive gear.
Regardless of your choice, decoy is an incredible good tank. Pair it with life buffs for the best effect.

You really can't go wrong with any javazon at the moment; both options are extremely solid builds.

Thanks, I'll probably go poison again and actually try to get decent gear this time.

angel wrote:
That's strange that on the best boss killer in the game you had trouble.

Not strange at all, I'm probably just terrible at this game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 pm 

hi all, i joined tonight on realm.. played other mod of diablo called median last 3 years and gonna try this mod a bit.. i couldnt find 'newbie help or short question thread' section and dont wanna make post for simple question so i will post here.

i decided to pick java on realm, tbh i didnt play clod(or this mod) since 7-8 years.. it was all median and that mod is completely diff and so hard compare to this.

whats viable build for java, prob i want to builds dps - boss killer - farmer char since my fr pick tanky char.. i lvld my char to 28-30ish lvl, before i go further with wrong designed char;

1) stat, skill distrubition ?
2) psn VS lightning ?
3) full dex - full vita - half / half
4) some tips and things i have to learn etc..

any help would be so good for me..

plus, i liked this mod a lot after median.. it really offers excellent co-op game playstyle which i always desired to play..

thnx

edit: also plague jav is bugged vs bosses ? 2 times happened to me; boss healed because of timer :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:01 am 

They nerfed poison zons so that their skills don't reset the timer. This means you need a teammate hitting them periodically or weave in normal 'throw' skill shots into them.

Poison > Lightning.
Str+dex so you can wear gear, rest in vit.
After you max your damage, max decoy and valk. You should have 1 point in valk/decoy as soon as you can get it. These tank for you very efficiently.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 am 

what you mean by 'max your damage' ? i will smax 3 psn javelin skills right ?
rest can be spend valk&decoy...

btw anybody tried hybrid amazon before ? combining psn javelin skills + multiple shot or strafe or guided arrow to clear trash , kite and dmg?

also which skill is better in psn tree ? plague jav or psn javelin?

i put 18-20 pts in psn jav, 3 in disese spray, and start to pump plague.. i am lvl 34 at the moment..
1pt in decoy and 1pt in critical strike 1 pt pierce.. critical strike and pierce has diminishing returns by points ? should i leave it at 1 pt or give more a bit ?

poison skill duration affixes probably effects my psn dmg ?

which merc can be better ? currently using act 3 cold merc and he does pretty well with holy freeze aura.. also i am using release freezing arrow affix bow to clear trash time to time...

well so many questions i know but i really wanna learn quick :) also docs about game is so weak tbh probably i will use here to learn about game quick...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm 

You could theoretically run a hybrid zon, but you would need a pretty complete gear switch for it. Poison damage requires poison facets in virtually every slot, physical damage requires emeralds for dex. There really isn't much of a middle ground.

You'd max:
3 poison skills
Multi
Decoy
rest in valk

You -cannot- drop synergies in the poison tree.
GA is a trivial spell you can 1 point, as I'm assuming you're going to be physical to clear trash and poison for bosses.

Offline Profile