Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

Post subject: Warmth and Hydra fix. Was hydra meant to have aoe damage?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:08 pm 

Currently warmth does no work correctly when you leave and join games. You only get the bonuses from hardpoints.

So there are a few solutions and I will list them from my favorite to least favorite:

1) We can turn warmth into a self cast only buff that gives the full benefits the passive version should.

2) We can add the bonuses warmth is supposed to give to ES. I dont like this fix because some sorcs dont want to use ES.

3) We can add the bonuses to Frozen armor. I really do not like this fix because your high level warmth-frozen armor can be overridden by another FA of a higher level but a low level warmth bonus.

4) We can add it to Shiverarmor/Chilling armor/thunderstorm. I don't think I need to mention why I dont like these options.

Now onto Hydra the missile for this skill was changed to the fireball graphic. Was this skill meant to be changed to have the hydras shoot fireballs with aoe damage? Because they don't and it is an easy fix.

Please give us your feedback. Thanks :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Warmth and Hydra fix. Was hydra meant to have aoe damage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:28 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
1) We can turn warmth into a self cast only buff that gives the full benefits the passive version should.
Sounds fine to me, but it'll be yet another buff for players to cast (we may as well give this a monstrously long timer since it's "passive").
Mrawskrad wrote:
2) We can add the bonuses warmth is supposed to give to ES. I dont like this fix because some sorcs dont want to use ES.
Just to clarify, only the softpoint bonus of Warmth would be given to EShield. While I expect most sorcs gladly put a single point into EShield, I can respect that there are many that would not want their extra mana-regen to be attached to a skill that drains their mana with every hit.
Mrawskrad wrote:
Now onto Hydra the missile for this skill was changed to the fireball graphic. Was this skill meant to be changed to have the hydras shoot fireballs with aoe damage? Because they don't and it is an easy fix.
Since I haven't played recently, it never occurred to me that an issue like this existed. It seems like a no-brainer bug that needs fixing. I'd be really surprised if it hasn't been reported somewhere, so if people know of other similar issues reported within the last two years, then please direct me to the source. If Hydra gets AoE, do people want it's damage to be the same, or should it be reduced to balance it's new AoE (i.e. if the radius is 1, then assume 2-3 critters would be affected, so reduce damage by about 1/2).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 pm 

Yeah its another buff to cast sadly, but with a long duration it wont be too bad. Most necromancers use around 12 skills and they are alright.

I'm wary of giving it a huge timer because of builds like Blizzard and Frozen orb whose main skills are on timers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:34 pm 

I would rather have this a a self cast only skill, than add stuff to other skills at the moment. The 2nd and 3rd cold armors are getting MDR and PDR as it is.

Hydra was changed initially to give fireball. I also have? (maybe it is gone now) the change that should theoretically fix it. When I said something about it, I was told that hydra was somehow hardcoded so that fixing the missiles.txt line (i think that was it iirc) would not actually make the fireball explode on impact.

Hydra is quite strong at least through nightmare on bosses. Trash is a bit slower than other casters, but it isn't horrible by any means. Getting the fireball to explode correctly would only really affect the latter, so I would like to see it corrected...would take like 2 minutes to add in. And if it doesn't work, I suppose the status quo would just be maintained.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:38 pm 

Yeah Hydra is terribly hardcoded as I learned trying to fix it. What I ended up having to do was make a clone of the fireball skill and missile and edit them to use hydras damage calculations and give the hydra summon in monstats the new spell. I left some details out but that's the general idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 pm 

I wondered if that would work...I'd like to see this added if possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:32 pm 

Whoever makes the edit if this happens needs to be sure to change the skills hydra gets. Right now it gets fireball based on the casters enchant, due to the way hydra missile is hardcoded. If this change is made the way i described then hydra needs to receive enchant instead of fireball in order to have the correct damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 pm 

Mrawskrad wrote:
I'm wary of giving Warmth a huge timer because of builds like Blizzard and Frozen orb whose main skills are on timers.
I'm sure you're referring to a Casting Delay, but when I mentioned Timer, I was thinking of Duration. I should have used Duration though, so my bad :)
Kramuti wrote:
I would rather have this a a self cast only skill, than add stuff to other skills at the moment. The 2nd and 3rd cold armors are getting MDR and PDR as it is.
Alrighty, another vote for making it a self-buff, hopefully with a nice and long duration (I'm thinking 10 minutes flat, is that alright with everyone?). Also, Shiver and Chilling armors were given DR%, not DR/MDR. The details are in the suggestions thread.

With regards to Hydra, I'll look into implementing this hopefully by the end of today. I've mentioned it in some PM replies, but my single-day trip last weekend turned into a 4-day trip without warning, so I'm behind, but expect to finish and pass things off for verification by tomorrow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:23 pm 

Thanks for clearing that up. :) A long duration is good 10 mins should work well.

Also: I'm not sure if you guys are aware and fixed these a long time ago but Purerage found and fixed quite a few issues and I have fixed them in my edits as well. I will just quote him:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
1:- Fixed desc on increased stamina

2:- Blade of arreat -%defense reactivated (was somehow to 0)

3:- Inner sight broken def debuff fixed, (was somehow set to "#NAME?" changed back to -edmn )

4:-Impale broken def penalty fixed, (was somehow set to "#NAME?" changed back to 100-(blvl*5) )

5:- Berserk broken def penalty fixed, (was somehow set to "#NAME?", changed back to 100-(blvl*5) )

6:- FingerMageSpider (the red shit that drains your mana) broken mana drain fixed (was somehow set to "#NAME?", changed back to -par3 * lvl )

7:- Mon lifetap lifedrain effect was set to 0, (reset back to -monsterlvl per sec)

8:- Blood witches defense curse was set to 0. Changed and buffed it (overrides 50% of your def like zerk instead of reducing Enhanced def% by 50%)

9:- Bloodmana hp and mana drain were both set to 0. set values to 10 hp a sec and -50% mana recovery

10:- Holy fire, holy shock, sanctuary, merc pois aura, holy fire b, holy shock b all use "resistmagic" state as targetstate (the state that is applied to enemies)
This state is unstackable, meaning none of those auras will work together. Whatever one is applied first takes effect. (-enemy res wise)
Fix for above, created a new state for pois/fire/lightning holy auras and any other variations. Each element must use the same auratargetstate to prevent
the "B" variations stacking with pally variations or merc variations.
Ie. holy fire merc + holyfire on equip item not piercing resistances by 20%

11:- Added states "holyfireaddeff" "holyshockaddeff" "poisauraaddeff"
(Additional, states.txt only has 18 free lines till cap)

12:- Holy freeze broken slow effect fixed (was somehow set to 0, changed back to -dm34)
13:- Monster cold aura (looks like resist cold but acts like holy freeze) broken slow effect fixed (see above)
14:- Merc freeze broken slow effect fixed, see above
15:- Holy Freeze B broken slow effect fixed, see above
16:- A number of the enemy holy auras had enemy res reduction effect set to 0. Changed back to -10

**ALSO** Please note that with Impale and Berserk the 'armor_override_percent' calculation needs to be '-100+(blvl*5)' NOT 100-(blvl*5)

If you guys are already aware then sorry for bringing it up. Not trying to make this patch take forever, but these are easy fixes that wont take more then 30 mins total. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm 

If Brevan doesn't have time, I can add these after.
Some have been fixed. Thank you for the concise list. This helps a ton.

Oh, and 10) was done on purpose to keep things from stacking. New items were introduced with holy auras, and it was decided to definitely not allow stacking. It was likely overkill, due to things being different levels. Still, "working as intended".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm 

Unfortunately, some of those changes are already implemented, while some are not. I think it would take me an hour just to figure out which is which and make a list of needed changes (it's been 30 minutes, and I've only confirmed or fixed up to #6). It takes time searching for the correct row and column, possibly some time to translate the request into code (i.e. "-monsterlvl per sec" might be "-ulvl" or "-ulvl/25" or something else), then very little time to make the change, but then some time to document that the change was made so that others don't waste time trying to figure out what's changed and how.

I will gladly delegate those changes to Kramuti. It looks like most of the issues were related to auras that are deemed unbroken, so I don't think there are many time-consuming surprises left.

Aside from that, please keep general skill suggestions and bug fixes to the suggestions thread for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 am 

Does hydra have same %pierce as player or?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 am 

Hommit wrote:
Does hydra have same %pierce as player or?

Yes

Offline Profile