Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 pm

Post subject: BROKEN (not working) NEW RUNEWORDS
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:55 am 

LUST (armor) - giving 100% gold find, and 100% magic find (not the 700%gf/ 600%mf listed)

What a horrible piece of garbage that is.
66% faster run and mana regen 50%!!!!!
at the low low cost of just 2 Ist runes and -25% resists!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: BROKEN (not working) NEW RUNEWORDS
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:32 am 

that is odd ~ it worked locally just fine.

*edit* I stand corrected, getting the same thing locally. I wonder why, I don't see anything wrong with it in the text files. Perhaps it rolls over when you go beyond 511? I can't see why it should though.

Runeword wasn't all that exciting anyways, just something fun for those who would want massive MF.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:23 pm 

I was gonna carry it around on my barb for 1800ish% mf during horks.

blue_myriddn wrote:
Runeword wasn't all that exciting anyways

^This describes Innocence helm perfectly...

would be more interesting if it was just called NOOB "El Eld" and had -40 life drain and 100% ctc bone prison and IM on attack on your character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:33 pm 

Izron wrote:
would be more interesting if it was just called NOOB

I couldn't figure out how to rename runewords, I had to use the set names that Blizzard has in there. But ya - "noob" is kinda the basic idea. It is just there for laughs and to give new people something to do.

I wore it on my test barb while testing out all the runewords and it was kinda funny bouncing around the map.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 am 

There likely is a rollover similar to damage rollover on a single element from a single source. The max minimum (yes that's what I meant) amount of fire damage is capped at 255.

I am pretty sure that you could change what appears in game for runeword names. It should just take finding it in one of the patchstring.tbl (or the expansion one...I forget where runewords are actually stored) and changing the text associated with that particular name. This 'should' work. I haven't played with it even though I keep meaning to. You need AFJ's table editor or something similar.

Changing names in runes.txt will break things, unless you maybe also change the names in the patchstring. This still may not work. I don't know enough to be definitive at this point and am goin on vacation in the mornin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:57 am 

yep - that is my understanding on renaming, need to change some string thing. I just stuck with editing the text files, that's the limit of my skills

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:16 pm 

plague runeword doesnt work

Plague lvl27
armor - (socketed 4)
tal sol tal shael

+100-150% Enhanced Defense
+50% Poison Resist
Poison Length Reduced by 50-75%
+10-12% Poison Skill Damage
Magic damage reduced by 20
2% Chance to cast lvl20 Poison Nova when Struck
+5 to Poison Explosion (OSKILL)
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+10% Increased Run/Walk Speed
Damage reduced by 10

cant be lvl27 first of all... shael is lvl29 rune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:44 pm 

yep - error on my part from Critter site. Plague is Tal Io Tal Shael

Fixing it now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
yep - error on my part from Critter site. Plague is Tal Io Tal Shael

Fixing it now.

oh lol... hehe then the rw is lvl35...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:54 pm 

ya at the lower level it was too close to the unique versions of the elemental armors. I just forgot that I had made that adjustment when I was updating Critter's site.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:30 am 

Was "Penitence" ever fixed?

I checked the rune.txt file, and it says that Penitence is set as:
Lvl 3 Salvation on equip
+2 AllSkills
+15-20% Dmg reduced
+75% Pois reduction
+1-3 HShield
+1-3 Vengeance
+ rune automods (Gul, Lo, Ohm, Eld)

Is that what it will be when fixed? It's a fair bit different from what I had suggested, so I wanted to check. If there's room to change it still, can the +HShield and +Vengeance be replaced with +250-500 cold/fire/lit damage? If it seems too strong, then remove the +2 AllSkills. My main concern right now is that it's just a clone of Herald of Zakarum, but with lower resistances (same absorbs via gems), lower block rate, and the inability to stack with Salvation, but it does have an extra 5-10% dmg reduced and excellent pois reduction. That's not a lot for the runes required.

Is it too late to make "Wonder" proc Blizz and FOrb on-strike, so that it's more useful in Bows? Can the CBFrozen (pretty easy to get mid/late game) be replaced with +100 Durabilty or FrozenArmor on struck?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am 

would only be if Soulmancer puts out another patch - otherwise, ya it is already done.

when I was building the runewords on Tuesday night, I think it was before your last edit on "Winter" aka "Wonder" so I didn't get the on-strike change.

I also had a rough time getting any sort of elmental dmg on words, so I cut my losses and just added other aspects. Also, to be honest I really didn't think that the dmg boost was worth those runewords. With no skill boost, is a total of 750-1500 dmg really worth those level of runes? I personally don't think it is and I suspect that the +vengance skills combined with the synergy will add up to about that much dmg or more by the time you would use this word. Combine that with +2 overall to boost your conviction and it seems like this is a much stronger combination all around for the hefty price of 3 "high" runes Vex, Ohm, Lo (granted, Vex is a borderline "high" rune). To be honest, I am wondering if +2 skills is still a little small for the runeword costs - dunno.

One of the biggest turn offs I think the word has is a lack of increased blocking capacity which to me is very important to my stat sensitive Avenger. I hate to move any points away from vitality since he is so darn fragile with the diminished leeching, and dumping in to dexterity to keep block maxed is a pain. With the boosted Holy Shield, there is a modest compensation for not having block on the shield as well as a slight defense increase.

That was my rationale.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 pm 

Thanks for the explanation, since there's no planned change for the runeword, I won't press the issue.

I'll do a little math though, so that we can determine if the +Skills is better. You sounded unsure of whether you compensated enough for the changes. I understand that the cap of per-element damage that can be added is 255-511 (although I think Mancer prefers to use 250-500 since it's tidy). That means the best you could have done was 250-500 x 3, or 750 - 1500 (avg of 1125

+1-3 Vegeance with +2 all skills (Let's say +5 Vengeance):
Vengeance gains 15% ED per element per level, so +75% per element, or +225% total. If you're using a 500dmg weapon (average damage, I'm confident 500 is a very generous 1-H weapon estimate for a paladin), this is 1125 dmg added to your charscreen listed damage. This is the same as the elemental damage option. The only real difference is that only an Avenger gains the bonus, rather than all melee-based paladins. I haven't commented on the synergy you mentioned, since I don't know what you were referring to. It might have been the way -Res% helps Vengeance, so Conviction is next.

+2 Conviction, assuming it's already level 20 (-77%), will give you +2.6 yard radius, and -79% effect. At level 23 it's -80%, and there it stays, gaining about 1% every 4-5 levels. Basically the extra 2% peirce on top of about 80% is slightly better than 2% multiplier to your final listed damage, in other words, if you did 100k with Vengeance, then the monster will take another 2k due to your stronger Conviction.

+5 HolyShield, assuming you've got level 20 (525%EDef, 43% block) will grant you 45% block and 650% EDef. 45% actually occurs at level 24, but it only changes by 1% every 5-6 levels after 20.

I agree that the 10% block from Eld isn't a lot, but I was concerned that the word was otherwise too powerful, having good defensive mods (10% absorb all and %DReduced while it's only a level 65 item). The 10% from Eld, combined with the 1% from +5 HShield will help you keep your Dex fairly low and your vitality nearly maxed.

As it stands, it's still pretty much the same word for an Avenger, and I guess the +2 all skills will help caster-pallies like Healers. I haven't picked up the latest Tiamat's Rebuke, but I understand that it has 20% extra block now, and it might have received a small elemental damage buff (not the skill levels, just the flat dmg to attack), so I will enjoy that a bit.

For "Wonder" I suppose bozons wouldn't use it over "Ice" anyways since there's a sexy aura on that. My Convictor can still make it in a war scepter for 140 durability, rather than the 80 on a flail (thanks for the +20 buff from 60 btw).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:38 pm 

always good to do the math. I was a bit under the gun to get hte runewords all implemented and tested before Soulmancer went live (stayed up to about 3AM :( ), so I had to make some quick decisions when things weren't working well.

My comment on the high %synergy is that Vengeance receives so many synergy boosts that each point added to Vengeance can add up. Not only do you get the raw dmg boost from going up a few levels, you get all the extra synergy boosts too - which lead me to think that giving a direct boost to that skill would be rather promising.

Soulmancer may end up doing a little balance tweak again relatively soon, but hopefully it can be put off until there is a full reset. It would be good for this patch to get some really solid play time and evaluation before doing any other sort of fixes on things.

Offline Profile