Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

Post subject: Has anyone ever tried a Fire Necro?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm 

I've been thinking about how funny it could be to play a Fire Necro with the Trang set.. If all you did was up bone armor/wall/prison for huge defense, and lower resist, and either some CE or a golem.

Obviously you'd have to get carried through bosses and you'd be pretty bad until 36 but once you got LR with an a3 merc you could just curse and afk while he cleans up.

The Trang set also gives you tele so you don't have to worry about that. The base damage of your fire spells would not be much lower than a Sorc's and you'd have your own high LR. You'd also have full-retard defense with max BA/BW/BP.

So has anyone done this on HU?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone ever tried a Fire Necro?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm 

I had a max LR golemancer I tried it with. I didn't run through the game with it, I just had the gear and tried it on my already leveled necro. If you wanted to play one through you would basically be blades/LR. BORING

It's pretty hilarious though once you get all the gear. I can't remember exactly the gear I had, but it was full trangs stuffed with fire facets and element set. I don't have the specs (wish i took a SS), but my resists were shit since I was trying to get the best damage possible. I took him out into hell blood moor and could kill fallen ones. It was hilarious. Gargantuan beasts? Maybe, but you would have to kite around and not get hit cuz you will die (i was hc).

tl;dr - hilariously not viable

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm 

But wouldn't it work if you had max bone armor+syns? And do you really even need facets? The helm gives 25 fire pierce and with LR all you'd be doing is adding damage since immunities would be long gone. You could just wear charms with huge resists/FHR since necro skills wouldn't be doing much. And most mobs would simply get raped by an a3 freeze merc with LR, wouldn't they?

if you maxed Clay/GM then you'd also get a crippling slow that would help you own most non-act bosses I would assume, but I've yet to get a character past NM so I could be totally wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm 

sure maybe you'd be more tanky with max bone's, but the fireball and meteor damage is surprisingly low even though the level gets pretty high and i was able to get tons of pierce. Without the extra mastery and pierce on the facets I think I would go OOM before killing a unique fallen.

And you talk about the a3 merc. It begs the question- why spend so much to gear your character to do WAAAAAAAAY less damage than your merc? A fire necro will never do as much damage as even a fire a3 merc, who has always been out-shined by his counterparts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am 

Part of it is for the lulz and part of it is to have a farmer who can just cast LR and go afk. Poison Nova is a lot more work than just keeping up bone armor, you know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am 

What would people think of making the mastery increase with level?

can the level be a formula in the text file?...i should probably look beforehand, but wth.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 am 

How about making it so Corpse Explosion increases all fire damage and pierce by 1% per hard point and 1% per 3 soft points. :D

It would hardly be overpowered, and would make a fire necro interesting!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm 

@kramuti I think it would be really cool if you could scale it to actually be viable for clearing trash, at least through a3. Right now you can hardly clear a5 nm with lvl 80/90 gear with it so it's just kind of a joke to mess around with.

@ensley why do you want to afk farm :s make a teeth necro if you want to herp derp frozen tundra all day

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 pm 

FIRE!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm 

there are so many fire builds out there... and its not too hard to get LR ctc. This is probably THE WORST fire build out there, albeit one of the funniest. Unless you want to farm normal all day, you won't ever be able to afk farm a fire necro (unless kramuti figures out a way to give it some serious buffs)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:52 pm 

but this is the TANKIEST FIRE!!! :D The closest thing would be fireclaws but that requires too many syns to be tanky.

I guess I won't level it, but I do need a side project for when my friend isn't on. Perhaps a Veng pally.

Bonus question: Does this game actually have ladder seasons? If so what are the details on it? I don't think there's much point in wiping out characters for a game that 25 people play. All you have to do is log on and you're on the first page of the ladder, lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm 

you got to be fucking shitting me.
holy fire pali, big hp per vita + holy shield
IMM arrow zon you could build 100% tanky and she would still do more damage
fire trap sin, big hp per vita + clawblock
ALL tankier than a necro
and fclaw druid, REALLY???? Too many syns? lmao
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5841&hilit=screenshots
look the top 2 screenshots, my fclaw last ladder with dmg set up (108k dmg & 28k life) and hp set up (42k hp and 40k dmg)

seriously the only other fire build out there is fire sorcs, and if you max tk even a sorc will tank better with ms unless you hit a MB mob, and if you're playing sc then its not even game breaking

it is really the least tanky fire and the lowest damage. With max bones you will have shit for summons and your merc will not live unless he wears better gear than you

EDIT: also, on my golemancer, my fire golem was doing 10k dmg, frenzy and fire enchanted. I think max fire golem will do more damage than the trang fire set up. Plus you get iron golem doing 8k. blades do like 2k? And you get way more utility.
Less fun? definitely. More damage? yes. More useful? no doubt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm 

Keep in mind to there no synergys backing those skills up so there always going to be weak..
Fire builds lmao...... Make wirlwind sorc thats were its at.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 am 

Actually you're incorrect. The +30 fireball and +20 meteor do in fact synergize each other. Coupled with a +10 fire mastery, the skills can gain some potency. The Oskill firewall is the limiting factor, and rightly so since the skills mimic those "vampires" seen in a3 and beyond.

I do agree with slappy tho, there are much better ways to play a necro.

Kramuti, I really don't think altering the Oskills on trangs is wise, it was never really meant as a primary kill set. Should never see a set giving oskills anywhere near what the parent class is capable of. I'd say leave it as is in that regard. Start that and soon we're adding oskills to more and more items to suit niche builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am 

They don't synergize.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm 

The only way these skills get the synergy is with the skill tree of the char not Oskills.. I tried that fire necro many times and the dmg was weak..I even tried that combo on a pally with holy fire and it still sucked.. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 pm 

I forgot about synergies - that would make the build really bad.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm 

Make Prison Necro.
Hire A3 Blizz Merc
Hold Right Click
????
Profit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:23 pm 

but based on ensleys other thread a3 bliz mercs are garbage, fire necro more viable

Offline Profile