Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ] 
 Post subject: New patch coming soon.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Well I'm on a role and the latest batch of changes will be coming soon in a patch that you will be required to download. These changes will be as follows.

-Normal difficulty easier and more casual with enemies having reduced HP and resistances and lvl 1-40 uniques and sets being improved. Base damage of lvl 1-40 weapons has also been increased, enemies will do slightly less damage and potions will heal more life and hirelings will inflict full damage vs bosses rather then only half. This was done to make normal more casual and move players through without depending on higher levels or a perfect group. To often people are left stuck in normal with the bulk of the player base in Hell. Normal will kind of help newer players get comftorable with the game while still providing a challenge.

-Questflag requirements on portals will be removed from everything but Samhains portal and the Land of Shadow portals... They did not serve their purpose of forcing players to play through the game, as most quest could essentially be leeched on town, it only prevented players from coming along for the ride as they waited in town for others to finish the quest for them.

-The rate of boss counters will be reduced; however, be warned, while bosses will counter less: On hell difficulty only the counters will be slightly more powerful then before to compinsate for the reduced chance

-Hell difficulty will be slightly tougher overall including bosses.

-Some tweaking and fixes to sets, uniques and runewords accross all levels

-3 new amazon class uniques based off of the two handed spear, as none previously existed. level 30, level 70 and level 95

-Some gems and runes have had improvements made to them

-The waypoint on Catacombs level 2 and Worldstone Keep level 2 have both been moved to level 3.

-Hirelings will level up easier earlier on

-General Hatestorm, Lazarus & Acaste will no longer teleport, some other bosses will teleport less frequently.

-Improvements have made to lower level enchantments that roll randomly on blues, yellows and crafts

-Shadow warriors / masters will now display as Warrior / Master in the pet icons rather then just Shadow

-Jewels cost twice as much to gamble for

Thats mostly it, most of these changes are done and ready to go, but I am waiting for more feedback on sets, uniques and runewords so I can implement additional changes before releasing the update.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New patch coming soon.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm 

Seems like it will be to easy. however the casualness is probably what will bring me back. Nice work Terry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Normal wont be easy, but easier yes. The problem with normal, is its essentially only meaningful after a reset. when people are forced to farm for gear and get together in balanced groups and help each other. The lasts for about a month, once the player base migrates to Hell, Normal becomes deserted and is essentially filled with players being rushed by high lvl characters, or players who can't progress because they have no one to group with. All it is a leeching ground. Hell generally becomes the playing ground a few months in.

I wanted to make normal a bit more casual and fun, Hell on the other hand will not be any easier, it will be harder.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 pm 

<-- is having a really fun time adding suggestions for things..

can you tell us which ones are being implemented.. exactly? just copy and paste.. so theres no searching through txt files and stuff..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 pm 

It would be great if you could make the Necro's Spirit Blades AND the monsters that get converted by Mind Blast or Conversion able to be walked through. They can be quite annoying holding up the party in small pathways.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm 

Can you make it so that we can tell what difficulty items like cow pieces come from? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 am 

Nova wrote:
Can you make it so that we can tell what difficulty items like cow pieces come from? :)

will see if i can make alterations in the graphics of each of them - that is probably the easiest fix.

example:
Attachment:
tome-blue.gif
tome-blue.gif [ 2.26 KiB | Viewed 13730 times ]
Attachment:
tome-purple.gif
tome-purple.gif [ 2.21 KiB | Viewed 13730 times ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am 

The way point on Catacombs level 2 and Worldstone Keep level 2 have both been moved to level 3

Why is this being done? The walk from ancient tunnels to ws2 is a long ass walk to begin with.

Unrelated to any of this, I made lionheart the other day out of an Ornate Plate, can't remember the base level on it it was 4x something, i toss in runes for lion heart- which fal is lvl 41, but it turns to 68 - Don't know why this happens but just letting you know.

Like Izron's idea a lot, got stuck behind my converted for a long ass time, they don't seem to die.

Last edited by Jordan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 am 

Jordan wrote:
The way point on Catacombs level 2 and Worldstone Keep level 2 have both been moved to level 3

Why is this being done? The walk from ancient tunnels to ws2 is a long ass walk to begin with.

Unrelated to any of this, I made lionheart the other day out of an Ornate Plate, can't remember the base level on it it was 4x something, i toss in ruins for lion heart- which fal is lvl 41, but it turns to 68 - Don't know why this happens but just letting you know.

Leaf says it can be made into "staves" Well jared stones and other "orbs" are in the staves category and cannot be made into leaf, FYI.

Like Izron's idea a lot, got stuck behind my converted for a long ass time, they don't seem to die.

last I checked sorc orbs were not staves... they are classified as sorceress orbs? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 am 

atm act3 merces are bugged u cant equip them. tried every diff one

Offline Profile  

Post subject: About pikes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 am 

Really looking forward to seeing the new pikes, especially the 95 one. One big suggestion I would like to offer, as one of its stats is: increase maximum life and possibly even + to vitality/life along with it.

When playing pike this is of the utmost importance for an amazon, in my opinion-considering there is no block. And it might need more than just the 25% to maximum life (reference to steel pillar). Also, I noticed with most pikes (even with ethereal steel pillar), my attack rating with fend and jab is 10k, and 8k respectively...yuck. And this is with 29 skill points in all three of the synergies jab/impale/fend. Yes, this is counterbalanced by the ignore target's defense. Perhaps the new pikes could come with a few sockets, or at least ignore target's defense? Maybe even 100%+ to enhanced attack rating?

Lastly, and maybe less importantly to you, in pvp ignore target's defense doesn't work, according to what I have read. This would be even more of a reason to add sockets to the unique 95, for us who enjoy dueling. Hope you will consider my suggestions, thanks.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: About pikes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 am 

Lorek B wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing the new pikes, especially the 95 one. One big suggestion I would like to offer, as one of its stats is: increase maximum life and possibly even + to vitality/life along with it.

When playing pike this is of the utmost importance for an amazon, in my opinion-considering there is no block. And it might need more than just the 25% to maximum life (reference to steel pillar). Also, I noticed with most pikes (even with ethereal steel pillar), my attack rating with fend and jab is 10k, and 8k respectively...yuck. And this is with 29 skill points in all three of the synergies jab/impale/fend. Yes, this is counterbalanced by the ignore target's defense. Perhaps the new pikes could come with a few sockets, or at least ignore target's defense? Maybe even 100%+ to enhanced attack rating?

Lastly, and maybe less importantly to you, in pvp ignore target's defense doesn't work, according to what I have read. This would be even more of a reason to add sockets to the unique 95, for us who enjoy dueling. Hope you will consider my suggestions, thanks.

you also have to consider that ignore target defense doesnt work for unique monsters, so good luck trying to beat a boss with only amount of AR and chance to hit, especially considering with no shield or big life buff youll need some serious damage and leech to even have a chance at staying alive

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 am 

All the changes sound great only input i would have is

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=569
Already posted it in suggestions but ill add it here also.

nice work soulmancer and all the others :)

will they be a reset with this patch??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:08 am 

you also have to consider that ignore target defense doesnt work for unique monsters, so good luck trying to beat a boss with only amount of AR and chance to hit, especially considering with no shield or big life buff youll need some serious damage and leech to even have a chance at staying alive

Wow, I did not know this either and it is confirmed. Soulmancer, if you could please look into this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 am 

to be honest, i think ITD is a mod that needs to be removed from the game.

its overpowered for normal trash, giving a player automatically 95% chance to hit them no matter what. and then its completely useless for bosses because it doesnt affect them at all. id rather see a bigger boost in ar for all classes across the board than have ITD available

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am 

I don't think ITD works on many of the champ flagged monsters either - for example the entire Worldstone Castle I think is not affected by it.

Not certain about that though

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 am 

blue_myriddn wrote:
I don't think ITD works on many of the champ flagged monsters either - for example the entire Worldstone Castle I think is not affected by it.

Not certain about that though

i forget if it does affect champs or not, and if it did, would just add to the disparity of how overpowered and useless it is for some monsters compared to others.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:22 am 

According to diablo wiki, it does not effect bosses, uniques, or champs, or pvp. With an attack rating of 10k with 29 points in all synergies...cry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:26 am 

muleofal wrote:
Lorek B wrote:

also watch the % to life buff or u might find barbs using it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:29 am 

hunterAS wrote:
muleofal wrote:
Lorek B wrote:

also watch the % to life buff or u might find barbs using it.

if it gets it, should be placed on the zon-only spears (matriarchal and ceremonial)...if they arent zon only, then make them zon only

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 am 

touche.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 am 

Wow, all of those changes are exactly what HU needs. I also agree on making normal a bit easier, especialy the bosses; i've seen myself and others tank bosses while beating down on them for 20 minutes even with Amp.

Good call on the changes, Terry. Two thumbs up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:07 pm 

screw a life bonus on the weapon, hehe give em life bonus for each point in the melee skill tree, also make the life bonus only active when they have a two handed spear class weapon equipped.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:10 pm 

good call Hunter.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm 

BTW - where do we post suggestions for rw/uniques?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 pm 

Kobrakai wrote:
BTW - where do we post suggestions for rw/uniques?
In the Suggestions Forum. There is a thread for Uniques and Rune Words.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:55 pm 

Sweet, thanks man.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 pm 

Lorek B wrote:
"my zon has low ar"

My jabber has about 35k ar at level 90. :\

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 pm 

Right, but we're discussing unique pikes, not crafted javs. But to make a quick comment regarding that: You're also using crafted javs, with 4 sockets, which is one of the main points I am trying to make about the new unique pikes. As of now, the higher level ones come with no ar bonus to speak of and as Muleofal pointed out earlier ITD only works with regular mobs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm 

Im using eth titans.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm 

so mancer what suggestions do u like so far? :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:50 pm 

Quote:
Im using eth titans.

Yes, you're using either crafted weapons with 4 sockets, or you are using eth titans with 3 sockets...still, you're just corroborating my point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:26 pm 

if you have low ar on a jabber its not the weapon...get some ar charms.
Each 100-130 ar gc adds about 1000-1500 Ar....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:59 am 

Mrawskrad wrote:
if you have low ar on a jabber...get some ar charms.
Each 100-130 ar gc adds about 1000-1500 Ar....

THIS^

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]