Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

Post subject: Drrod's Wishlist 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:42 pm 

Just throwing some ideas out there again if dew wants to consider them. I have some ideas for amp/boss DR% values but I figure dew still wants to work out his pdr formula so I'll leave them out. Some of the list is redundant towards known issues.

Skills:
-Dire wolf delay increased to 60(from 50).
-Frozen Orb delay decreased to 20(from 25).
-BO synergies returned to 5 seconds(from 3).
-Enchant returned to a 60 point build(10% hydra syn removed, 20% warmth syn added).
-Berserk gains 2% magic piece per hard point.
-Magic Arrow converts 100% of physical damage to magic.
-Iron Golem's Thorns progression buffed to 40% per level(from 30%).
-Increased Stamina returned to 5%(from 4).

Items:
-Gems pierce progression set to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10.
-Skulls DS buffed, set to 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 33% progression.
-Tomb Reaver set to a static 3 sockets(from 2-3).
-Um rune buffed to 15%/20% resists in armor+helm/shields(from 12/18).
-Highlord's DS buffed to 50% at level 100(from 25%).
-Soul Mancer's set, stats should be 30-40.
-Frostburn's buffed(see below)

Misc:
-Antirush removed.
-Quest flags added(link here for proposed flags: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5652).
-Return A2 mercenary auras, holy freeze(no pierce), blessed aim, and defiance. I'd recommend replacing NM mercenaries with these.
-Barb's blocking penalties removed.
-LoS sorc's damage could use a buff, not too keen on adjusting enemy skills so I'll leave the numbers to the pros.

Frostburn
Gauntlets
+30 Defense
+75% Enhanced Damage
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 40-60 Fire Damage
Adds 20-40 Cold Damage
+50% Enhanced Defense
10% Chance to Cast Level 10 Frozen Armor when Struck
5% Chance to Cast Level 10 Enchant when Striking
+5-10% to Fire Skill Damage
+5-10% to Cold Skill Damage

Last edited by drrod on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Drrod's Wishlist 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:53 pm 

quick notes.

pierce progression is set to those values...minus the sapphire which has been fixed in the files posted for next beta phase

Soulmancer's has also been fixed, and updated to those values.

Mind stating the reasoning behind giving the Um runes those values? I imagine it has something to do with gem values...and that gems are overall easier to obtain. Still, not sure if that is enough to satisfy folks.

Don't mind really changing Tomb Reaver to 3 sockets. Anybody not like?

I think 33% with skulls is too much. You can already roll DS, making it pretty easy to get 100 DS on items with these values. Also think 50% on hilords is a bit much. I could see 33%, but not 50.

Not quite sure what to think about frostburns. Not dead set against it, but not quite sure of the rationalization behind this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:14 am 

kramuti wrote:
Mind stating the reasoning behind giving the Um runes those values? I imagine it has something to do with gem values...and that gems are overall easier to obtain. Still, not sure if that is enough to satisfy folks.

Just to bring them more in align with the buffed resist changes. Not sure what you're getting at with the last sentence though. I'm guessing you feel like it wouldn't be enough?
kramuti wrote:
Don't mind really changing Tomb Reaver to 3 sockets. Anybody not like?

It was already 3 sockets, just 2-3 variable. After finding a eth Tomb Reaver with 2 sockets I decided variable sockets on late game weapons is a little lame.
kramuti wrote:
I think 33% with skulls is too much. You can already roll DS, making it pretty easy to get 100 DS on items with these values. Also think 50% on hilords is a bit much. I could see 33%, but not 50.

I would bet good money no one will use skulls in weapons regardless of the high DS. We can work out some lower values if you want though, 15-20% uber would still be miles ahead of that pathetic 8%(maybe just double the current values and call it a day). Highlords needs that DS, it's a POS without it. Any melee worth his salt will pass on it even with the 50%. Outside of the very few builds/mercs that lack passive DS like Fury and A2/A5 mercs it doesn't have shit on Grid, Maras, or a decent craft. Meet me at 40%?
kramuti wrote:
Not quite sure what to think about frostburns. Not dead set against it, but not quite sure of the rationalization behind this.

They were complete garbage, just wanted to make them useful for at least one or two builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm 

Frostburns: give them +5% fire or cold or both, make them work for a much broader range of builds. There is already a +5% poison pair of gloves around that level, topaz crafts achieve +cold% as well as pierce. Generally, I stick to death's set or magefists on eeeeeeverything, but if Frosts gave IAS and ele%, that might make them worth considering.

The enchant proc is perhaps as good if not better but there are a few Hydra sorcs around now, let them take over in that regard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:19 pm 

On the Um rune, I just remember the overall reduction of resists previously. It seemed that a good number of folks were of the feeling that Um's were overally too high back then. My recollection could be lacking, and we have reversed some of that overall already. I get your point, I just am not sure how others see it. Would like to see others comments before I would change it.

About Hilord's, if nobody is going to use it after the change, then why the hell even do it at all. Change it to something that people will consider rather than just upping the DS. Overall, DS seems to be much more easily obtained. I just don't want it to be everywhere, ya know? Kinda the same feeling on skulls. 8% at top end is pretty lackluster, I agree.

I agree that frostburns have been crap for a long time. Was just curious about why you took the route you chose...nothing but curiousity really.

I also agree about not liking variable sockets on higher end items. I've honestly never been a fan of them. It's very make or break when it comes to sockets, and whether you would use it or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am 

agree with all this except i dont really have an opinion on the frostburns. the antirush is more tedius than effective and annoying when u get the servers being annoying. would much preferr quest flags returned.

i still think we should work for the chant + fa being bo type skills aswell.

with the bo life% nerf a bigger duration would even it out a bit.

maybe since oak life% was nerfed aswell change the cd duration on it or increase its life? speaking from experience people (Even on hc) are just letting the oak die and leaving it dead vs bossees now due to not being effective enough for them (pappy!) so nerf its effectiveness but make it more available (oak live longer, but may be a problem using it to tank, thoughts?)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 am 

Qwazym wrote:
maybe since oak life% was nerfed aswell change the cd duration on it or increase its life?

speaking from experience people (Even on hc) are just letting the oak die and leaving it dead vs bossees now due to not being effective enough for them (pappy!)

I cried as much as the next guy about oak life buff nerf as the next guy, but it's fine how it is. A reduction of cd and increase of oak life would be dumb, druids already have recastable tanks with short cooldowns and people already spam oak at bosses for tanking

Also, Pappy and Camel are the only players I've ever seen let their oaks stay down on HC and they both died to diablo (both highest deaths besides lee's nec). I get 6k from my oak, letting it go down is not something I take lightly

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 am 

haha fair enough, my druids only lvl 40 atm so i dont know too much about it, was just a suggestion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:17 am 

All druid spirits live better than they used to due to some changes from Baerk some time ago. Having them live longer is probably not a good idea, as slappy points out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm 

Changed up Frostburns a bit with retrov's idea. Made 'em 5-10% elemental damage. Also added the slight increased stamina buff to the skill list.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 pm 

Noted. I will do another set of items changes by Fri or Sat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm 

As I've been rolling along I've been thinking about re-suggesting somethings from last go round. One being revising pala res auras. Salvation SHOULD provide more sorb than it does. Why? Simple. Druids can spend 20 points on SoB and get 10 sorb (iirc that is). While a pala has to spend 60 points to get 10 sorb on salvation. No one in their right mind will spend that many points on all res auras just to get those sorbs. Another leftover from the dev team fiasco imo.

Another annoying area, that retarded curse that shows up in nm act1 CP area. That curse that the fallen shaman, among others, casts which amps (50%), slows, reduces fcr (-65%ish) weakens, and is incurable by anything but duration. On top of it, you can also be amped, meaning in CP you can see -75%ish phys res in nm. Playing a zon, for example, with a negative fcr number you can't cast valk.

kramuti wrote:
All druid spirits live better than they used to due to some changes from Baerk some time ago. Having them live longer is probably not a good idea, as slappy points out.

That was never done. It was to be part of his next patch. The intent was to not have spirits wandering into boss fights as much.

Baerk wrote:
NOTE: This is NOT some generic suggestion discussion thread. The only type of suggestions that should be fired off in this thread are the type that have no real reason to be possibly opposed such as skill description fixes. Things like mana progression changes or something more controversial should have their own threads started so that people can actually notice threads relevant to their interests be starting up instead of just attempting to sneak changes in here under a generic name.

I'm not actually coding the next patch yet. This is really more for self reference so later when good changes/fixes get accepted early (such as skill description corrections) they don't accidentally get forgotten and thus slip through the cracks.

1) Fix max summon count on necro skele mage description.
2) Reduce mat duration to fixed 50 from 100 + 25 per lvl to drastically reduce Moloch's Lag.
3) Set catapult AI to idle to kill their lag once and for all.
4) Double character gold carrying capacity.
5) Quadruple stash gold storing capacity.
6) Reduce decoy cool down time to 7 seconds.
7) Properly adjust merc AI/missiles
8) Adjust druid spirit AI to prevent it from getting too close constantly for a melee.
9) Implement statfix plugin to fix potential display bugs.

Dated:Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:19 am

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 pm 

1) Salvation starts at 20%
2) i hate that curse overall...but it has been there forever and a day. The change to confuse (or whatever it was) makes this a pain, no? Not sure what should be done. Does duration even work on that one? I didn't think it did...been awhile since I thought about it though.
3) The list from Baerk that you posted had nothing to do with the survival. That WAS done. See the lil salvation aura on the bear and stuff? That made their resists work 'properly'. Other things were changed on spirits to make them more hearty. That entry is just about where the spirits move to, not their attributes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 pm 

kramuti wrote:
1) Salvation starts at 20%
The res all yes, but sorbs show 1% per 2 HARD POINTS in res, cold, fire, and lightning and each must be done to have 10% sorb in all three.

kramuti wrote:
2) i hate that curse overall...but it has been there forever and a day. The change to confuse (or whatever it was) makes this a pain, no? Not sure what should be done. Does duration even work on that one? I didn't think it did...been awhile since I thought about it though.
IIRC, the change was made making it not able to be overwritten last patch, maybe the one before. I think if it were stepped a bit, i.e. 1/2 effect in nm it would be ok. A pain still, but better. I believe duration works, will do a bit of testing to see if redempt or cleansing has any effect.

Also, has anymore thought been given to changing the A3 PnB merc to a clone of sanctuary instead of pulse poison?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm 

In my own defence on that druid that died on Diablo, there was a druid present that actually had max oak which was up when I died. I just got stuck in the fire and couldn't juv fast enough!!!

Offline Profile