Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 am

Post subject: Exploits, hacks, etc. quickfix suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 pm 

Fix godmode by removing the ability to carry potions in inventory or by altering rejuvenation potions.

Fix MH by putting certain objects on the map that 1.10 MH's can't interpret and ultimately result in crashing when the MH is turned on.

Fix the follower exploit by DRROD's suggestion ( not sure if he posted here )
Turning Frozen Armor into a BO type skill and enchant into a BO type skill as well.

This should be implemented with the new patch. if Anti-Hack can't be re-created this is the next best alternative.

The above are arguably the most widely used exploits/hacks on the realm more or less and the most empowering exploits/hacks. They've been around for a very long time and no one has ever done anything since Jims anti-hack to a put stop to them. Well since the AH is difficult to re-create and compatibility issues etc. why not go a quicker/easier route?

Along with this suggestion - Should reset the ladder once everything is set in stone. All the god damn follower abusers etc. + there were so many bugs and some item changes etc. Should just reset the entire ladder... whole point of the beta anyway. And yes I posted in the HU forum intentionally because this is a major issue that has not been addressed or dealt with since Jims AH.

Just a suggestion, post thoughts.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Exploits, hacks, etc. quickfix suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 am 

Wait. you want to only be able to carry 16potions? Do we expect to win many boss fights this way without a perfect party?

Understood if it can lead to an exploit, but not sure if this is a viable solution. I honestly don't know enough about these to argue them.

The bugs can be fixed without reset as far as I can tell. The only item issue that I can remember that would really require a reset is Gorerider's amp proc being too high for folks liking (understandable). We don't want these around if it is indeed lowered to a more acceptable value.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am 

Well the Mancer set is also bugged out and you have to consider and reason that GM is a serious 1.10 exploit that was patched by Blizz but obviously HU runs on 1.10 and if anti-hack can't be fixed then what other solutions are there to fix this exploit? At least make a serious attempt at trying to fix the hacks/exploits. I only made the potion suggestion because I believe that's how GM works. It sends packets to the server once it starts and if the packeting can't be patched/fixed the best solution is to remove the possibility of it being started in any case and that means removing pots from inventory unless they have changed the way GM works or something. Anyhow, reiteration.. serious hack.. needs an honest attempt at fixing. It should be just as important as any other serious bug, exploit etc.

What about the mancer set? Isn't that bugged atm too? Any other items or RW's?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am 

Disagree with the godmode idea. Yes it should be fixed, but not carrying pots in inv is retarded.

FA and Chant as BO type of skill is a cool idea. Would also make it less tedious to give it to every party member, merc, and summon

So uh... what is it you want a reset for? So far the changes don't require a reset...

Also, there's already a thread for bugs/balance in beta. And you already have your own thread of "Lee's opinion goes here" lol. Still, I appreciate that you actually posted ideas of fixes this time instead of just ranting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 am 

a futile attempt at best. people have been reported for duping and no bans were ever handed out by duff. gl on your attempt though lee, a noble cause nonetheless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 am 

Lee wrote:
Fix godmode by removing the ability to carry potions in inventory or by altering rejuvenation potions.

Fix MH by putting certain objects on the map that 1.10 MH's can't interpret and ultimately result in crashing when the MH is turned on.

Fix the follower exploit by DRROD's suggestion ( not sure if he posted here )
Turning Frozen Armor into a BO type skill and enchant into a BO type skill as well.

This should be implemented with the new patch. if Anti-Hack can't be re-created this is the next best alternative.

The above are arguably the most widely used exploits/hacks on the realm more or less and the most empowering exploits/hacks. They've been around for a very long time and no one has ever done anything since Jims anti-hack to a put stop to them. Well since the AH is difficult to re-create and compatibility issues etc. why not go a quicker/easier route?

Along with this suggestion - Should reset the ladder once everything is set in stone. All the god damn follower abusers etc. + there were so many bugs and some item changes etc. Should just reset the entire ladder... whole point of the beta anyway. And yes I posted in the HU forum intentionally because this is a major issue that has not been addressed or dealt with since Jims AH.

Just a suggestion, post thoughts.

Shit if these changes are made how is Lee ever going to progress solo!! :lol: I noticed Chicken didn't make your list :oops:

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:01 am 

Umm.. way to be really inactive and only post to flame me. Nice. Other then that there is probably more than chicken and the above out there.. I can't post a list of every single known hack because I don't know them all and I only mentioned the ones that I had a supposed fix for. I have no idea how you could stop a chicken hack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm 

Lee wrote:
..how you could stop a chicken hack.

Some games use a timer on logout to prevent death evasion.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 pm 

lee's post are like reality tv.
terrible (for the most part)

one of the reason i liked hc over sc is because of the lack of hacks there compared to sc. seems mh could be fixed easier by having less maps available (like in the nil areas). Pretty easy to learn the maps there instead of having it drop people? i mean when do people really "need" mh? alot of maps are very easy to run except things like baal and meph, even meph is easy to setup to find durance of blood very quickly. Is it even possible to set hu to only run certain maps?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:00 pm 

?wtf u talking about? Nothing was terrible about this post.. an attempt to stop hacking on the realm is a terrible idea all of the sudden?? What are you Advocating hacks now Imp?

Never played SC so I have no idea but anyway if no one wants anything done or really cares about the issues then I won't bother to try and press it. I guess people are far more interested in other things.

If people actually care/want hacks stopped then this thread will get the attention it deserves and maybe Dew will try to do something to stop them but if not then so be it. Not going to waste time pressing the issue and like Pious stated apparently duping has been done and nothing was done about it so I don't have high expectations but as Pious also said.. still a noble cause even if nothing is done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 pm 

I like the idea of Chant and Fa being bo type skills. but wb the holy bolt? that being a bo type skill is overpowered, but otherwise can still be used. and with a nerf to the heal it would be underpowered for a 2 person party... maybe make it so u can only select somebody with holy bolt for 10 seconds at a time so people cant follow with it?

with the no pots in inventory thats absolutely ridiculous, do not do that lol. maybe make diablo film 10 seconds IN each game (not necessarily the first or it will be too easy to sit in town then go hack) and sends this film somewhere so if somebody is accused of hacking this can be viewed and the hacker will be caught easier?

The placing items on the map idea wont work to prevent mh, people can and probly will just only have the map turned on in certain spots that the objects havent been put on. since low res has something that allows maphack and high res kills it, maybe make it high res only available?

edit: but then people like pappy (blind old fucker) get screwed over cause they cant see high res properly. try find out what makes high res kill mh and replicate it to low res? if its the map itself make it so the map goes further than ur screen while in windowed mode or something?

i dont like the idea with the chicken of time to leave game. they have it in d3 and its just frustrating more than anything, and since this mod is harder than normal d2 will get hc people unnecessarily killed when trynna do certain bosses, but maybe have it so u have to click like... escape to bring up the menu, then click save and exit, then a third thing pops up that sais ok or cancel? cause if im right chicken only saves and exits, that way alt+f4 still works aswell?

i dont know how half these hacks work but there my suggestions!

oh and its not godmode and i cant remember who used it (they quit a while ago though) but it was a form of hack that made it so... say you have a 100 regen armor, if you take this armor off and put it back on and repeat say 20 times, youll have 2k regen, if u take it off and put it on 200 times youll have 20k regen, it works with more than just regen but i guess its a form of godmode and a hack. no suggestions of how to fix this as i know nothing about it cept what the hacker told me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm 

The bug of Mancer's Set should be noted in the bug list please.
Some item bugs from sets can be remedied without a reset.

Some unique items can be dealt with if they are weaker than intended. Gores may be the one that people have issues with keeping around.

The post wasn't totally atrocious people. Take it for what it was, an attempt to smash some of the bugs under the rug. I hope Duff does something about it now that people are more confident that cheating is happening unhindered, and that they sent some info backing it up.

Quote:
Pretty easy to learn the maps there instead of having it drop people? i mean when do people really "need" mh? alot of maps are very easy to run except things like baal and meph, even meph is easy to setup to find durance of blood very quickly. Is it even possible to set hu to only run certain maps?

Your expectations that people actually think about how they got there last time is over ambitious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 am 

Many people have posted about hacks many times. Very few times times have people actually been banned for said hacks. Being a server host and being here over 8 years I would think my screen shots and word of mouth would be enough to get someone banned. This is not that case. The hosts/admins are not the police and won't hand out bans/temp bans for said hacks. Better to realize this now.

On a side note, if I could ban accounts with screen shots and reset servers when they needed to, I would. Never asked Mancer or Duff about access to these things, maybe I should.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am 

FuryCury wrote:
On a side note, if I could ban accounts with screen shots and reset servers when they needed to, I would. Never asked Mancer or Duff about access to these things, maybe I should.

You with ban power, no way!!!!!!!! :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am 

FuryCury wrote:

hmmm!!!
Where is the "like" button!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 am 

Lee what is your opinion on CB?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 am 

Don't know if my point came across wrong or not.. but according to Pious/Fury it may have. I really was not talking about or even implying bans on anyone.. but more so asking Dew to patch the hacks through simple fixes which means no one use them anyway.

IN any case, I can tell this thread is going no where fast. No reply from Dew and still no real suggestion on how to fix the hacks so what's the point in bothering.

Removin pots from inve was a bad idea btw I realize that. Probably an easier way to stop it. No idea about MH. I was simply talking about putting something on the map that would crash it no matter what but if thats not even possible then nvm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 am 

well some ppl will keep using hacks means there is 2 option 1. u ignoring them and let them to use it incase no1 playing whit them other 1 is u put in harge an online "GM" who an ban them for temp. at first time and telling them to not use next time if they use it they gain permanent ban which an solv the problem, instead make pots to cant carry in inv. If u want fight agains hak dont do it on against your self by killing pots and other things, and u know legit players will dont use bugs/exploits and they have respect, other kind of player is just alone in the dark . :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:08 am 

Lee wrote:
still no real suggestion on how to fix the hacks

i put through a few... or is my point not valid? cause i actually play not afk (Sorry that was off topic, dam afk king, too temping to pick on) i think some of these are great ideas, specially the chant fa bo thingy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:34 am 

Well the thing about these guys on SC using the follower and pumping up a group of players to end game alone is they aren't harming anyone. It's not like these servers are jam packed and these guys are taking up valuable resources.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:16 pm 

I think my original idea for fixing the follow exploit was removing enchant/fa/hb oskill/charges from items(they're few and far between anyway. i guess if enc/fa get changed they could stay). Then making enchant/fa into bo type skills. HB loses it's namelock so you have to aim manually(hoping this is possible via txt file edits). I think that's all the skills that allow the exploit.

I don't even think many people are using this exploit, it's just the one's that do refuse to stop using it until it's fixed. In b4 "it's the same as manually clicking between loader windows or multiboxing", far from it IMO. The FA/Enchant changes would be welcome I imagine, the HB one would kind of suck for healers/FoH, but they're already an incredibly powerful build so I doubt it breaks them.

Didn't Kevin have an idea for blocking GM? Something about changing a line in the txt files with rejuvs so the GM didn't recognize them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm 

drrod wrote:
Didn't Kevin have an idea for blocking GM? Something about changing a line in the txt files with rejuvs so the GM didn't recognize them.

The newer version of godmode lets you select the pot itself so that won't work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:05 pm 

Yeah Kevin is not really around here too much is he? Wonder how hard it would be to get into contact with him because if there a fix that easy... I mean it would be pretty stupid not to implement it if a fix is that easy and it might be.. Kevin knows his shit so maybe someone should try to get a hold of him? I heard hes really busy though and not really active anymore even on his own mod. Anyone know the website for his mod..? Guess the best place to reach him would be there, probably a good idea to get his opinion on this topic as his knowledge is pretty vast modding wise.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm 

kev had a fix for gm. its called not having pots on his mod...
Believe i told you that fix Ben ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 pm 
Game Server Host

I still check in every month or so :), but rarely have access to a net connection whare i'm building atm.

The text fix had a flaw in it. You need to create new Pspells for potions in the .dll's and scramble the original Pspell address to stop them completely.
I'll have a look for the fixed files, but it's been a while since I touched anything D2 related, and I got quite a lot of mixed files all over the place, may have some loopholes i missed too but i'm pretty sure i checked everything with it.

The one Just-Ice distributed on the forums was the simple one, just a packet spam .dll.
It takes the highlighted object and checks if the object is useable. Then takes the ID and changes the Pspell address pointer to the address of a rejuv and sends that once every frame to the server host after the run command. (possibly resulting in server crashes, haven't checked it via another host, just my machine to my machine).

All GM's are version dependant because they need to know the address of that rejuv Pspell data. If you remove it, and move it to a new location, you can just add an error message to the original section (calling the user a fag or noob or whatever u want, idk) and still have working pots.

MH is alot harder to break, you need to change all the map vectors code and rewrite all of automap.txt. I didn't have the patience for that or the time. I have all my notes of automap code somewhare though if someone wants to take that on, it's more tedious than hard.

*waves*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 am 

Waves back...

The problem with hacks and exploits is when you get rid of them there is allways some tart out on the net to make the next one...Its an on going cycle that will really never end... So I would just forget the people that have to turn to those meens and need to hack a game in the end it just says alot about the character..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Shit if these changes are made how is Lee ever going to progress solo!! :lol: I noticed Chicken didn't make your list :oops:

Gotta lol at this. Lee I would love to see how long you stick with HU if you didn't have Ben and Zack to play with!

In regards to the Maphack make everyone run in High Res except for pappy or a few other trusted accounts.

For god-mode, if the people are using this in soft core then what the hell does it really matter? If you die, and you can go get your body to get everything back, that's really the same as god-mode isn't it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 pm 

Delta wrote:
Lee I would love to see how long you stick with HU if you didn't have Ben and Zack to play with!
:D He's a vet(Yet even I!! was told he was a noob).
Delta wrote:
For god-mode, if the people are using this in soft core then what the hell does it really matter?
I have seen maybe 3 god moders in my 5 years here, reported them to Duff and they got banned.
Quote:
If you die, and you can go get your body to get everything back, that's really the same as god-mode isn't it?
HC in D2 isn't "hard" difficulty so don't even try being smart and clever, stick to your oak/bo bitches and enjoy your HC journey.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm 

Wtf are you idiots babbling about? Who can play HU solo? If anyones party abandoned them.. obviously no matter how skilled the player is GL with that because no one would make it very far at all. Has anyone on HU ever soloed the game from start - to finish without cheating? Point being- your point being is retarded.

And ben/zac can vouch for me skillwise.. but I will admit I've done some stupid shit sometimes but we get work done. We ran through HC this lad pretty well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 pm 

Lee wrote:
Wtf are you idiots babbling about? Who can play HU solo?

me? ive done it solo from lvl 1-80 before (no pre-gear or help or anything) then i got help (didnt require it but it makes it funner)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 pm 

.... w/o using five chars at once?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 pm 

i usually play public, not solo, but just join a public game and round up whoever is there for a bigboss fight, it isnt that hard till hell bosses all became physical immune then i just asked psn zon or fire druid to come and kill the boss once i cleared the whole way

honestly as long as the hack isnt too horrible for other people just ignore them they will get bored of the game without a challenge

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:36 pm 

It seems like there are as many people who are against removing hacks which makes me say wtf? There is no serious interest or hard put input in actually stopping these hacks so why is that? Do we want a realm full of hacks? Is that how HU is intended to be played? So whats the deal... Kevin just offered to remove GM in the least.. isn't that something we all want? I don't understand the lack of support from the community on hacking. Basically.. I don't even feel like playing HU anymore and I'm quitting of wrapping the towel. If there isn't going to be a sincere interest in trying to remove hacks why bother playing anymore? I'll just hit up JarL, buy a new computer and start gaming with him if he's down with that. Just don't understand the mentality of some people around here. We should all be in unison and just as passionate about removing exploits/hacks. The fuck is going on around here...?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm 

There is no problem with getting rid of hacks and cheats .... The problem with this there are allways new ones to take over the old ones ... For the most part its a waist of time...I would be more worried about getting all the right fix's done first then worry about the things that have bean around sence Diablo started...

P.S this doesn't mean i'm not down on tring to clean up Hu from this kinda game play..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:17 am 

"allways" = always
"waist" = waste
"tring" = trying
"bean" = been
"sence" = since

How do you misspell the most basic words? These are elementary school level...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm 

Zzz...Is that all you do is bitch about something ... So what I missed spelled shit might had something to with with me being stoned and I don't really give a shit....Like how i'm stoned atm and don't give a shit what you think lmao.... :lol:

Offline Profile