Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

Post subject: Translating HU
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:35 pm 

I'm translating Hell Unleashed into German atm,
is anyone else willing to translate it into other languages too?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Translating HU
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 am 

I wouldn't mind translating it to spanish if I get teached on how this is done :P
I suppose i might just have to translate some text files, right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:26 am 

You'll need a tbl editor like AFJ tbl Editor:
http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/filece ... le_id=1056

I'll post a short guide here soon on how to use it...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 am 

will wait for it then :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 am 

don't use afj tbl edit 1.11, download 1.12 instead
http://www.afj-progs.dk/d2/AFJ_tbl_Edit_1.12.exe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 pm 

I'll prepare some .tbl files for you guys so that it will only be needed to change the entrys inside the files....
and so that you don't have to handle with the mpq files etc...

all the entrys that were added in Hell Unleashed will be on bottom of the list inside the tbl so that you have it easier to translate, but you will also need to edit some of the Skilldescriptions of edited skills like frostbite etc...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm 

@n0ga do you have a spanish version of D2 installed and know how to extract the language files?
cause Blizzard forgot to add the expansionstring to the mpq files of other languages....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 am 

ki4m wrote:
@n0ga do you have a spanish version of D2 installed and know how to extract the language files?
cause Blizzard forgot to add the expansionstring to the mpq files of other languages....

Yes i run a spanish version of D2 and it's kinda funny since i hear spanish voices and get english text displayed on boxes.
I dont know how to extract the language files, but can always learn. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:28 am 
Game Server Host

To get at the .tbl files.

Download WinMPQ
extract somewhare and run the program

1: Once its running, click "Open" and navigate to your d2 base folder.
Select d2data.MPQ first and open it.

2: Along the top of winmpq you will see a dropdown menu. Select the dropdown and select the ".tbl" option. Now hit enter.
This will show only the .tbl files.

3: The one you want from this file is data\local\lng\ESP\string.tbl.
Highlicht it then click extract and pick somewhare to extract too. This will create a data folder wharever you extract it too with the .tbl in data\local\lng\ESP.

Once youve done that. Do the same for d2exp.mpq. the file you want this time is in the same location as before but is named "expansionstring.tbl"
Extract it to the same location as before (along with any "string.tbl" that may or may not be there).

Finally, open patch_d2.mpq (from a clean spanish d2 install) and repeat the steps above, only this time, the file you want is "patchstring.tbl" in the same location as the others (data\local\lng\esp\).
Extract to the same place as before.

You should have string.tbl, expansionstring.tbl and patchstring.tbl inside that extracted data folder now. Those have all the strings for ingame text.

Ki4m will explain the rest I hope :).

Edit @ Ki4m: It might be a good idea might to make a spreadsheet/list of all the existing strings that need to be changed. Then a list of the strings that need to be added and post it in the original post so it can be done just by looking at the list and opening the .tbls rather than checking texts individually etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Edit @ Ki4m: It might be a good idea might to make a spreadsheet/list of all the existing strings that need to be changed. Then a list of the strings that need to be added and post it in the original post so it can be done just by looking at the list and opening the .tbls rather than checking texts individually etc.

I should have thought about making a list of the needed string changes before...
now I'm almost finished with translating to German...
only like 10% left... only need to change the entering messages and some bugfixing...

but the important things are easy to find:
like the monsters with huge lifebars, wich need to be renamed or some areas that were renamed like maggotlair lvl3

you'll also need to extract the spanish UI files from the local folder, If you don't do that only people with a spanish version of D2 can play in spanish but if you add them everyone can play in spanish...

when you have the expansionstring extracted, pls just upload it here, I'll add the missing strings into it...

string.tbl+patchstring.tbl for HU eng+spanish:
http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/77279317/file.html

btw: I plan to add all languages to D2SE so that you can simply choose the one you like...
the 2HR language that is in there atm isnt needed at all, I have edited my version so that I switch with a batchfile between 2different d2mod.ini files and 2different D2SE_setup.ini files...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:27 am 

wow! many info you gave. I have a look at all this next week when I have time.
@ K4im, I might PM if I get stuck with smething.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:33 am 

ok got winmpq, and extracted expansionstring.tbl and string.tbl. The third one you mentioned wasn't there on a 1.10 install (yes, had to try it im lazy as hell) gonna get after making a fresh install. BTW, from d2? or d2 lod?

I tryed Afj tbl edit, and realized that many character like ñ, é, è, etc. are no recognized by it, how to deal with that because i get many shit on the text boxes.

And the last but not the least, I'm assuming those three tbl files are from regular d2 and d2 lod, wich hu tbl files are to be translated?

edit: I'm dumb, those files dont need to be translated they're allrdy in spanish. after extracting those what to do?

edit2: @ ki4m where to find spanish UI?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 pm 

To my knowledge there's probably no custom spanish UI's. You are probably going to have to make them yourself using string table and dc6 editting tools. All the original string tables and original dc6's should be stuffed in the d2data.mpq (for the classic data folder files) and the d2exp.mpq (for the expansion data folder files).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am 

ki4m wrote:
I'm translating Hell Unleashed into German atm,
is anyone else willing to translate it into other languages too?

How long do you think, does it take to develope the translation?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm 

Given the sheer number of added strings even if the person knew what they where doing and had all the appropriate resources and tools we're talking easily more than a few hours. I doubt it'd take more than a week end of spare time unless the person was stumbling a lot. However, this presumes whoever's taking on the task actually has serious spare time. If someone doesn't have decent uninterrupted spare time to dedicate to the task and/or doesn't know what they are doing well this could honestly take a while.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:48 pm 

I can't say anything about how many hours I spent translating, as it still continues because I keep finding strings that would need to be changed, but without testing I couldn't find them, also there are still some spelling errors and the tbl editor can't display letters like ä,ü,ö,ß properly wich is why I mixed them up in some words...

If you wanna test it in German I can upload a test version, but there are still some bugs for sure...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 pm 

ki4m wrote:
I can't say anything about how many hours I spent translating, as it still continues because I keep finding strings that would need to be changed, but without testing I couldn't find them, also there are still some spelling errors and the tbl editor can't display letters like ä,ü,ö,ß properly wich is why I mixed them up in some words...

If you wanna test it in German I can upload a test version, but there are still some bugs for sure...

That would be nice, but I use the D2Se Modmanager. So if you could upload a packed(into7zip) version, I would be much obliged. Maybe if I find any mistakes in the translation I could try to correct them :D (I visited the German advanced course in my schooltime ;) ). By the way does anybody know, how I can fix the problem, that I can't see vids(cinematics) when I use the HighRes mod in the latest patch (1.3b)? How can I fix it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:19 pm 

yea, I'll upload a new D2SE plugin soon, as the current one blocks the language switch feature of d2se though it's not needed...
In my version you will only need to run a batch file to switch between low and high res....

but my connection sucks, so expect it tomorow or so...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:58 am 

cool, hurry up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 am 

still uploading atm, but you will need to install this D2SE Plugin(new one):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43185820/D2SE_H ... 3b_sfx.exe

And then add this language package into your HU-Plugin Folder:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43185820/Language_DEU.zip

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm 

ki4m wrote:
still uploading atm, but you will need to install this D2SE Plugin(new one):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43185820/D2SE_Hell_Unleashed_1.3b_sfx.exe

And then add this language package into your HU-Plugin Folder:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43185820/Language_DEU.zip

Thanks :D If you tell me how, I might translate the whole text strings into german for you. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 am 

ohh, something corrupted, the strings should actually already be in german, I'm uploading a new version atm

edit:
Install this language package into your HU directory:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43185820/Language_DEU.exe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:06 pm 

Ok because ki4m translated HU for the us version into german I will also do so and follow these steps:

PureRage-DoD wrote:
To get at the .tbl files.

Download WinMPQ
extract somewhare and run the program

1: Once its running, click "Open" and navigate to your d2 base folder.
Select d2data.MPQ first and open it.

2: Along the top of winmpq you will see a dropdown menu. Select the dropdown and select the ".tbl" option. Now hit enter.
This will show only the .tbl files.

3: The one you want from this file is data\local\lng\ESP\string.tbl.
Highlicht it then click extract and pick somewhare to extract too. This will create a data folder wharever you extract it too with the .tbl in data\local\lng\ESP.

Once youve done that. Do the same for d2exp.mpq. the file you want this time is in the same location as before but is named "expansionstring.tbl"
Extract it to the same location as before (along with any "string.tbl" that may or may not be there).

Finally, open patch_d2.mpq (from a clean spanish d2 install) and repeat the steps above, only this time, the file you want is "patchstring.tbl" in the same location as the others (data\local\lng\esp\).
Extract to the same place as before.

You should have string.tbl, expansionstring.tbl and patchstring.tbl inside that extracted data folder now. Those have all the strings for ingame text.

Ki4m will explain the rest I hope :).

Then the owners of the german version of diablo are also able to use it ^^ (with german cinematics as well). It surely not really important but might be more compfortable for some people. When I am finished I gonna post it here in this section. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm 

Ok done...

I extracted 2 files (patchstring file was unfortunatly corrupted). But I dont't know how to upload them...but mybe it's not necessary because thaks to PRDot's instructions everyone is easily able to extract the language files and to put them into the HU folder.

Thats how everyone can simply use his own language files in HU. Thus a translation patch for another language is waste because its easier to create it for yourself than to produce a language xy patch based on "US" D2 version ...

However ki4m have had the idea for this and we have to say thank you for proposing it. :D

Finally I can start to play HU. Hopefully it's a challenge :D . Maybe someone can give me some tipps for a newbie( best char for starting. What about Hammerddin and so on...) :D

Special thx to: ki4m, PureRage-DOD and Baerk for helping me with my cinematic problem and for the support in general.^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:03 am 

Hi^^

I've had a big problem with some parts of the my translation tbl file whereby I thought it had to do with the automap patch from ki4m. Enclosed I send the summary:

guest 1 wrote:
When I try to use your automap for tristram map in german version of Diablo, nearly in every line wich wasn't translated by my patch tbl files comes the description "an evil force". Do you know, how I could fix the problem?

I know, that the moded string files won't be translated (only with ITH) but maybe you have an idea how I can translate them nevertheless. In other words: how can I translate the added stuff?

guest 1 wrote:
Oh sry...... I' ve forgotten that I don't use your mpq file. Maybe thats the reason why it conflicts there. hmm

Ahm well I guess I know the problem now. It seeems I have to translate the community edited strings by myself... that means I need a good tbl editor. Could anyone recommend a good editor????

guest 1 wrote:
I see it has nothing to do with your map hack...Oh my god when I want to have everything perfectly translated I have to change every exel and every tbl file step by step otherwise I get these damn "evil force" strings. :(

Edit: Ahm ok.... meanwhile I could fix the problem because I found a better tbl editor (AFJ tbl Editor 1.12). With this editor its pretty easy to copy the needed files and to translate them. :)

Moreover I am also able to use your atomap mod with it so no offence ^^.

Finally I translated every single string. Yes you got it right and it took 2 days. I also used the import function of the tbl editor, so I had to rename some strings due to double entries( there were some problems when I overwrote the strings). Moreover I had to rename some (few) Monsters as the Juggernaut because there is no really good translation for Juggernaut in German (apart from Moloch). But Moloch was used by another Monster so I had to change their names.

All in all it was a lot of work and there are still some little mistakesand bugs:(. But every Monster has its original (hell unleashed i.e. chimera =chimera and not witch doctor endugu^^) name and the raw work is done. When its finished I would offer to upload the file for everybody who wants to download it but I don't know how???? :(

maybe someone could help??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 am 

you can attach it to your post or upload it to a file sharing site and post the link for it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:03 pm 

@ dew
Thank you dew, but I thought I might upload it directly. I will try to find an extern upload hoster(maybe megaupload because I made good experiences with it). The german version translation patch(german) is nearly finished and I ve tried to translate everything as it was meant to be in english( to keep the original feeling as good as possible).

@everybody
While testing it I recovered that the "Den of Evil" was called "the cave" (also without my tbl files). I supose thats a mod specific bug and someone could fix it plz.

It would be also possible if its a "version" specific problem since I use the Ge version. I couldn't find the error but maybe some of you ;).

Next time I plan to equal the boss lifebars because it seems that many of them have different spaces between the parentheses. I would propose 12 - 15 should be enough(on each side). We shouldn't exaggerate it and I am not sure weather the game tolerants monsters with longer names. Its the first mod we are playing and we are at cold plains(act 1) atm^^.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:16 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
@everybody
While testing it I recovered that the "Den of Evil" was called "the cave" (also without my tbl files). I supose thats a mod specific bug and someone could fix it plz.

It's not a bug, it shows up as the cave if you have completed the quest in a previous game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:18 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

It's not a bug, it shows up as the cave if you have completed the quest in a previous game.

Wtf really?? XD Coooool^^!! It does make sense

Edit: Finished....

I'm going to upload it the next week because I have to work and therefore little time.

Last edited by guest 1 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:11 pm 

Greetings^^,

I uploaded the german tbl files via. MEGAUPLOAD. Everyone is invited to download them. However I am still at the beginning of the game^^(little time).

Thats why it could be that I made some errors in the later translation of game because I don't know, wheather the string is an item or a monster. Everyone is free to add changes or improvments by himself.

Sometimes the german syntax seems to be a bit odd but I decided to leave it "originally"as far a possible to keep the style of the mod. Some words are still in their original language as Pierce because everybody knows whats meant I guess(and it sounds better in english). Moreover some Monsters were renamed and some monster kept their original language but the most places were translated too. Hereby it was important for me to find a good and near word translation, not like wow where the german version is so damn terrible( Frostmourne= Frostgram :C).

It could be that there are translation errors but thats only because I don't know the "mod". I am still at the beginning !!!

Well... Have fun: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZOXRX2S

How to use: Simply unpack the zip file into your HU directory or download the automap fix by ki4m and create some folders within: local\lng\deu to get a better overview.

IMPORTANT: It only works with the german version of Diablo\LoD. Otherwisely the same problems with the german translation patch for the us version by ki4m will occur

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:03 pm 

For everybody, who was here for the german translation patch: I am going to upload the files here soon! Unfortunately the server from megaupload were shut down and Kim Schmitz was arrested and will be arrested in future (US extradition request).

BUT at first I want to finish the game regarding to possible translation or "style" bugs (Since I never saw the whole mod, I translated the words by.... yeah my imagination of their meaning in game but it isn't clear whether it was meant so or not.). Furthermore I plan to translate the game in the same way into french, another foreign language I had at school. My russian and spanish aren't that good but I will also try to translate them into these languages. Yeah and then I am going to upload it here.

However it will take some time because I am always on the first act. It has nothing to do with the mod but with my party. My friends only have little time, so thats why were are always at the countess tower (by the way I cant open the chest after killin her) .... since..... one year^^.

Thats why I think, I will be back in 2014/15/16!? ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 am 

uhm, a german version already exists and is working fine, but you can translate in other languages too if u want.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:32 am 

ki4m wrote:
uhm, a german version already exists and is working fine, but you can translate in other languages too if u want.

yeah I know that you made a german language patch for HU, but it only worked with the US version of the game I thought (and therefore it would be senseless, because Britons, Aussies and Americans don't need a german patch). Thats why I made an own language patch for the german CD version( keyworkd: cinematic issues).

Because I also can get the french, (russian) and spanish-located version I would offer, to make a translation patch for these "games". If I could japanese I would also make a patch for the J- located version. Maybe I know someone who can help me out there.... but I can't promise anything.

@all

If anybody wants to add a patch in his own language (e.g. arabic, chinese etc.) he is invited to post/ upload it here.

Important:

You always have to use your language located game version ( e.g. the portuguese, arabic, chinese).

Secondly you should download/install the latest patch of HU.

Then you have to translate it in your language in the usual way ( mpq edit... and other tools).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:38 pm 

Good day! And hi everyone!!!

Im translating HU into spanish! I've already did on verion 1.3, but now trying to back again with latest version. The issue I've have, all text on items and descriptions are on one line. For example:

Magic Ring
Attack Speed incread

Now is something like:

Attack Speed increasedMagic Ring

Anyone knows what wrong I did? I used QTblEditor, and I can post the string.tbl and expansionstring.tbl files if needed!

Best regards.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm 

Very nice that you are working on a another translation for the community!

I have never played with translations before, so I can't help on the issue. However, you might try AFJ's table editor instead. I've used it a lot in the past, and never had issues with it.

http://d2mods.info/filecenter/dload.php ... le_id=1501

this is a link within Phrozen Keep.

Offline Profile