Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

Post subject: beta thoughts
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm 

Besides taking feedback and making adjustments I have a few things I'd like to do during the beta.

1) I would like to spice up the ui it's a bit bland atm.

2) Looking for community ideas for skills that are under used or redundant. Don't take it personally if I shoot down ideas. I will only do that if its just not possible to make the idea work ingame

3) ideas for making boss batlles a bit more dynamic?

2&3 are more of a what direction shoulld the mod go in the future beyond the beta.

Last edited by dew on Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: beta thoughts
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:14 pm 

Love this motion, specially 2nd and 3rd point.

Skills that need loving / suggestion.

Necromancer

Bonewall
This skill belong to a tree that should be an independant build since its a 60pt tree. Ive had a "boner" necro (aka true boner not magic one that the people call boner, teeth etc), along with blades+CE or amp + CE makes a playable fun build. But lacks everywhere on its function.

Suggestion for the skill.
Its a summon, if not make it, (i believe it is), increase its health GREATLY on last tier of skill to allow survive vs bosses if maxed, and ALSO add an 1yard aura damage to the wall, not thorn because would make cheese the skill... 1yard aura damage 1sec pulse damage, with a decent damage maxed, synergized and raised with gear because its a spiky wall.

- Expectation life endgame around lvl50 full synergised=80k-100k (last tier skills increase mostly the hp)
- Expectation of physical damage around lvl50 full synergized=8-13k
- Bonus +15all resistances from boneprison hardpoints
- Bonus +2% dr from bonearmor hardpoints
- Unsummonable [(like all the summons) very important]

Boneprison
mostly like the other skill. Always wanted to replace this one with bonecage but dunno if possible, if it can be made, then endgame cast 5 bonecage at a time with huge life much much more than wall but no dmg and high cooldown... mostly crowd control skill not usable to bosses or big guys.

If cannot be replace with bonecage then
- Expecation life around lvl50 full synergized 100k
- Bonus +15all resistances from bonewall hardpoints
- 4 seconds cooldown

Paladin

Conversion
why do a skill need to exist if its stupid to max it? the army doesnt kill a shit even if maxed, fanatized plus amp... the idea for this skill is to give some soul or barin damage to the converteds, so this would just need to add the mod, and IMO this could work like ce damage progresion.

-Expectation of damage endgame 20 hardpoints 25% foe's life (not sure how this can be made tho) when the effect of conversion ends
-If last option not possible, then make it like poison damage proggresion but it would be magic damage not poison... then would be lvl50conversion 15-20k magic damage over 60 seconds
- 100% chance of conversion since lvl1
- Damage increase along with duration at a max of 60 seconds when maxed (20 hardpoints) starting at 20 seconds on lvl1
- Duration only increases with hardpoints and damage greatly increases with hardpoints, but softpoint just increases damage not duration and add less damage than hardpòints
- The rest of the skills stay at it is

Assassin

Cobra strike
make it cobra chargeup skill like druid maul/rage, reduce the amount of leech at the benefit of been able to keep it up, give it a small % of leech vs undead and demons like life-tap

-Expectation of leech when maxed (20 hardpoints) 25% life and mana
-Expectation of leech versus undead when maxed (20 hardpoints) 10% life and mana
-Expectation of leech versus demon when maxed (20 hardpoints) 10% life and mana
-Skill bonuses proggresion just affected by hardpoints
-Remove requirement from tiger strike
-Move down the skill 1 block on table and make it lvl20 requirement or 28 like spirit blades
-Change name to cobra Charge

Shadows and shadow disciplines
Shadow warrior sucks so badly and the master does his job just decent. So here is the idea again, move up the master to the warrior spot, so yeah delete warrior, and instead of the shadow master at lvl36 we got this new skill SHADOW MASTERY and this mastery increase the amount of shadow max summon to 2 at lvl10 and 3 to lvl20 harpoints compensanting the shadow warrior, so this requires to nerf a bit the shadow and that amount of whatever that got removed added to the mastery to add on the skill like a bonus. So:

-Shadow mastery add bonus life "x%" per level to shadowmaster
-Shadow mastery add bonus equipment of "x" to shadowmaster
-Shadow mastery increase max summon to 3 to shadowmaster (when maxed)
-Shadow mastery add defense bonus of x% to shadowmaster
-Shadow mastery add 1% poison pierce to venom
-Shadow mastery add -1% enemy defense to cloak of shadows per 2 points

Dragon flight
This skill its a good one but w/o a charge lack on dmg badly till lvl90ish, when you want to charge up tiger strike come to mind, but still makes a 1 target skill, if you opt to a elemental chargeup to get aoe you need to choose wich pierce you want, so if you go with fire fist by example and you go with fire pierce for a good aoe (or phoenix strike w/e) your dragonflight's pierce reduced affect your magic dmg output leaving you with a disadvantage versus the other skills like dragonclaw wich gives stun and dragontail wich knockbacks and also has huge dmg... So the idea mainly is:

-Add a high stun chance
-Great stun duration
-2% increased walk and attack speed during 10 seconds per point [(after attacking obviously) or something like the frenzy charge aura, to load speed and chargeup faster]

And many other ideas ill take a break from pc for now...

-------------EDIT-------------

Barbarian

Stun
"stun the enmy for a short time and increase your attack rating"... just the first part of the quite os right, and also, the attack rating of this skill sucks, its lowest of the attack ratings on barb skills. This skill its weaker than the other melee, and bring no more benefit than a small stun, Warcry has the same stun progression but its an aoe attack. This skill should at least have the double of attack rating and the double of stun time to at least make it useful to the tree. Lets better make it a "strong smash that stuns enemy for a big while". So:

-Expectation of stun lenght for level 50 skill= 20seconds (10 more than the actual)
-Expectation attack rating for level 50 skill= 80k (8k more than concentrate)
-Increase mana cost of the skill from 1.5 mana to 150 at least

Combat masteries
Not sure about the others, but i remember when HU first started my first char was a crazy barby, not insane on damage but skilled on everything, it was a mastery barb, his damage was just regular but he was pretty decently given of the rest of the stats. Right now we cant think on this its just not... "correct" but we still can make the mastry worth the skills to spend, also we could make a "pure tank" barb based on masteries and it would be an entire sucess on party play; I would be the first to make a tank barb with maxed leap, stamina, speed, resist, and ironskin/bo 8-) . Lets bring back the masteries to the game(this would maybe just need an adjust on the items that give mastery):

Iron skin (real ironskin like monsters not just increased defense)
-1% dr per hardpoint

Natural resistances
-1% to each absorb per hardpoint

Increased speed (speed increased in all senses)
-3% faster hit recovery per hardpoint
-3% faster block rate per hardpoint
-3% faster cast rate per hardpoint

Leap
Increase the radius at least 50%, at level 50 (and no living barb would raise it so high) it does perfectly. so:

-Increase radius progresion 50-75%

Amazon

Valkyrie and his synergies
Not sure if im the only man on HU than go making strange functional builds, but have you ever tried to make an amazon wich maxes valkyrie's synergies? i did and the valkyrie doesnt seem to get enough power ffrom them if you dont fill with +skill the amazon... this make some trouble since in my case i went full multishot as main attack and then full valkyrie, +skill gear is not a good option for the physical amazon. So the idea goes like this, give to the synergie the % of lacking +skill bonus and a bit damage boost.

-10% bonus life and damage from strategy (15% would be good IMO)
-10% bonus life and damage from perfection (15% would be good IMO)
(not including decoy and CS because it would affect other build's valkyrie, and this setup just slightly affect jabber's valkyrie to good)

Paladin

Sacrifice
It doesnt is an atractive skill, when you focus on the sacrifice, you find out that zeal its more likely to use most of the time since is from the tree... IMO it could use a little bit more damage buff since its a one target skill or a big one with a "reduce weapon durability" mod like impale, it already sacrifice the paladin's health for a decent damage but doesnt really feel like the real sacrifice.

- 15-25% or25-50% more damage??
- Reduce weapon durability??

----------BOSS FIGHTS----------
Ive always said, enviroment should play more with the game! but no one ever hear me, and again this would enhance much more the gaming experience, buff the traps damage and make barrels targetable, also make all traps affect monsters too; This would give such a great strategy playing.

On the other hand, why not giving more love to turrets? Thrack the duke of below its a great boss but the turrets damage sucks and doesnt even worth dodging, also the summoner is great and both on act2 (summoner dynamic its fine)... besides these 2 the rest are very simply. Diablo and White Dragon give some fun when solo but thats it.

Spike traps and fire on the ground need great love, so in place where there is a lot of fire like andariels lair, bigger patches and lanes of spikes alternating would give some more action, also this would need adjustment on the boss damage or speed tho, but more fun, and fire-traps champion stone skin inmune to phys and inmune to everything on each corner. This is a paint drawing just to give an example (im not da vinci using paint :twisted: ) this just need to add impaled rogues and some dead bodies etc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this is my small apport, i could say more but dont wanna make it longer... i will be pleased to read comments if there are, and everything related.

EDIT
the drawing labels xD
red is fire
orange is firetraps
gray is spiketraps
white is free to walk area
and just need impaled rogues dead bodies etcs like always

Last edited by Wolfs on Tue May 15, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:32 am 

3) Less predictability - sub bosses should have more speed, more abilities that relocate themselves and/or players and their minions. Like teleport on struck, baal's wave etc. Maybe certain attacks that has an insane boost in damage against summons (if this is possible.)

I feel like the whole "The Abyss" level and Azmo+Belial themselves can be made a lot more interesting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm 

Bosses with high that force teleport melee characters are abhorrently annoying to me. Go fight bloodraven in hell with a zealer, frenzy barb or fury mutt and see how it makes you feel. It makes me annoyed to no end. NM values are fine, hell is too much in my view.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 am 

I won't speak on class skills but I will speak on this regarding boss fights. I think there should be a little more difficulty in end game boss fights especially since Melee are back in action. I also think bosses like Diablo and Baal should be more resistant to poison either through decreased duration or whatever else. Notice I said a little.

I mean honestly.. last ladder the game was difficult especially on HC but we pretty much dominated the game. There were not that many deaths, in my opinion anyway.

I think Baal and Diablo should definitely be more difficult in Hell for sure. I mean the last two bosses of the entire game.. they should be a little more difficult. I vividly remember poison on Diablo. It's just not a real fight. PSN and run and the team supports and runs around. I think he should be less exploitable to poison and slightly more challenging.

In what ways to buff bosses is up to you. I mean I don't know the dynamics of it but maybe its best to let people play through beta and express their opinions as well on boss difficulty.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 am 

Cool ideas with the boss areas wolf. That would make the andarial fight more interesting indeed ^_^

@Lee, I would agree except I think Dew's patch has some psn nerfs in it so we should wait and see

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:02 am 

While I like the boss ideas adding them to diablo will only work for traps. The towers would just die once all the seals are opened. But I do agree especially after playing tl2 that boss battles need new dynamics. I'll post my ideas later but I definately have ways of changing how we take on bosses.

Oh and about the sin charge ups tbh I hate them all. If I had my way they would be gone and replaced with non charging skills that have elementall effects like the current skills. And the non elemental charge ups would be replaced with debuff skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:42 am 

Now that the capability exists. You should also look into adding new areas if possible. Side quests with some form of reward maybe? Like a certain unique item that will only drop from that boss and of course make the boss difficult. Things like that. It's new content that keeps the game going. We've seen the same old hu over and over. It would be awesome to see some new areas for a change or side quests if possible.

That seems like a major overhaul/project though and probably would require a lot of work to implement or maybe not?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:49 am 

Btw vengeance pals and druid summoners look awesome so far based on my sp testing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 am 

side quests are completely possible. could add new areas with monsters that only spawn in those areas. many things can be done to add content and variety to how the game plays.

like i could have diablo spawn minions that make him stronger or w/e
i still think baal should have a random resistance aura so at any point he could become immune to anything. this could be made hell only if needed so a party would definitely be the only way to take down hell baal

glad to here changes are being effective :D
i think ravens should be changed to ravens that explode so summoners have something to do besides recast shit over and over

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:11 am 

Why not just give the Druid summoner a different summon instead of ravens? Are there any other possibilities out there for skills or is that far beyond your modding ability to add a different summon? Well you added skeleton summons so maybe it is not. But I guess buffing ravens would be easier. The raven idea is cool but summoners have always been that way cast/watch shit die/use merc etc. well I guess the necro has an advantage over the dru summoner in a lot of diff ways i.e. ce+amp. Possibly add another summon for the dru summoner? Or I don't know just throwing out an idea.

Definitely agree with your Baal idea. That sounds awesome. It would make one hell of a fight. Don't know who can disagree with the idea.

The Diablo idea is pretty great as well in my opinion.

The casual way of killing Dia on HC HU anyway has always been PSN and run. If Diablo sapwns minions well then its a hell of a lot harder for people to just run around while one person kills Dia. It makes it an actual party oriented boss fight.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:19 am 

yeah clearly upping the min spawn didnt really do anything for needing a party or adding difficulty. and if melee is on the playing field for bosses now then boss battles may need to be changes a bit so its party or suicide. well at least the act bosses anyway, also if more things are attacking and running around then healers will need to pay attention to be useful.

thought for ravens was b/c necs get amp/ce so the druid sumoner just gets shockwave. imo the druid summoner style is too passive. it could gain syns from other summons and be a pretty nice skill. ya know cast a few then run at a mob and watch em dive bomb trash.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 am 

ah yea true. so the raven would be like CE basically? But dru summoners dont get amp so that would suck on dru summoners

Btw necro summoners can summon like 26 skels and 15 skel archers. were u aware of that? Isn't that going to cause massive lag in parties?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:31 am 

they would still be a summon they would just pick their own target and then they would attack and explode doing small aoe and knockback(like fireball radius size) they wold be a one and done summon and their strength would be in numbers. not to mention it would end up being a nice utility skill for bosses, since it would stop the heal timer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 am 

shit wtf@ skellies i never upped max count, and i just tested and can only summon 12 skellies and 8 archers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:53 am 

Note on Diablo. You can force a summon as he is spawned. It would only put them in the center area, and it may get clogged...still it is an option.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:17 am 

Seems like there was a slip-up when expanding the maggot lair - the chest was put back in the chamber of the queen meanwhile the queen still spawns the portal to another chest? And they both drop the staff

In another news solo'ing with a poison nec has been fairly easy so far. The only real challenge was normal meph who took the majority of rejuvs that had dropped throughout the first three acts. Granted I did twink but nothing that couldn't have been farmed in the given act really.
Warpspear + buriza rogue handled ancients+castle+baal waves pretty much. Normal baal didn't even get off the bridge before he was dead, took 6 juvs at most. I guess I will stall @ nm meph or ancients though. We'll see. Probably will have to mule over CtA atleast.
99k pstrike+21k nova with 55 pierce at a2 nm. 83k if you replace the trangs shield that you usually dont get before nm council with some +1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:32 pm 

alright i will fix asap, guess i should have checked on that when the files were passed to me....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:44 pm 

I'm liking all the ideas being tossed around ^_^

Any word from Duff on getting patched up this weekend? I'm excited :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:27 pm 

Gave diablo a summon skill proc. Summmons balrogs or w/e their name is. They are immmune to fire and poison in hell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm 

dew wrote:
Gave diablo a summon skill proc. Summmons balrogs or w/e their name is. They are immmune to fire and poison in hell.

Nice one. Also if is possible to add knockback to Diablo's flame wave (the circle one) like baals wav, this would make it sexier!

and other question? out of context, are the wolrd traps buffable?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 pm 

Another thing is. In order to make a better boss fight with more running dodging etc, this need bigger boss lairs, for example at diablo's. if his circular flame wave is casted more frequently and add an insane knockback you could add objects on the lair to hide when he cast, the affected ones in this case melees and slowpokes get knockbacked to the wall, very far from the boss if the lair is enormous. Another paint example xD

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The lava on the middle i believe it should remove to make a plain terrain.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm 

I would have to look into the traps. But with diablo changes I think maybe iron maiden can be toned down some b/c he is going to be a lot harder on all difficulties. The guys he summons have a pretty hi poison resist in norm and nightmare also.

Also added baal radom resist aura. They way it works is his resists will never drop below what they were without it. But his resists will change every 3 seconds. So hell baal will require a decent variety of damage types to take down. Do not be surpised if he becomes immune to multiple damage types. At once.PARTY ON GARTH!! :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:55 pm 

At first, the changes being suggested to bring phys dmg toons back to viable sounded great. Now, I think we're losing focus. Adding summons to D, no a big deal. Rolling res to Baal, can be meh. One thing you have forgotten, the release of D3 will in all likelyhood further reduce the population on HU. Truth be told, most of my group has said they will be playing D3 and not returning. I lost 5-6 people, so if we're trying to kill HU once and for all. This will do it.

Bear in mind, I'm not anti-change, but pro sensible changes. Adding summons to big D reminds me of something I'd expect from Median. What I've been reading seems like people expect virtually every char they make to be good at trash and kill bosses with equal aplomb. It's funny psn zon's recieved little change regarding skills between 1.21z, outside of a few pieces of gear. Yet, in 1.3a because of the melee issues they were found to be op, not needing a party for most areas. They took a nerf, mainly in skills, and still people say they're op. Sounds like the old CB argument before 1.3a rolled out. Poison is insanely tough to balance because of how it's applied and how it works on monsters. Shit, look at doing normal Baal with a psn zon, even with him having 95% plr, they destroy him without much effort. Nerf too much, like decoy was, and people will whine they're too weak, so they get a buff. It's a vicious cycle.

All in all, I think trying to re-invent HU in it's last days isn't the best option. Let's simply make it enjoyable, not maddeningly frustrating for the odd mis-matched pub group. Looking at a few changes, if you don't have the perfect team, you'll fail.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm 

Well instead of nerfing poison this just adds a need for other people to do more than stand arouund and watch. The added difficullty won't be much untill hell. And any good dps char willl need someone to protect them from the summons. As for hell baal again it justs amps up hell difficulty and needing more than just a poison zon. Also these are easily removed if their are any issues.

I don't want to nerf builds or make omg wtf life on bosses b/c it doesn't make the game harder just more tedious

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm 

I don't see exactly how you are going to get him immune to multiple damage types at once through auras if they are changing, unless it is just for a moment. Also, I would like to see exactly how this change is implemented. If it is just added through monprop (or whatever the file is...not bothering to look at the moment). It will spawn with a particular one rolled at random, not shift between them. Even if you can do time implemented changes, these get really quirky from what little i recall.

I am not sure that I am a big fan of summons as a proc on Diablo. Having a melee there is just going to mean that he is going to be asked not to fucking swing at all...therefore making melee put the proverbial thumb up the ass once again. A one time summon as he is spawned is best imo.

I am in agreement with kwikster that we should not be drastically changing stuff at this point. We need to find the balance we first sought to get after 1.21z. I totally agree with him on the fact that poison is now seen as overpowered due to other changes alone...it probably always was, there was just little exploration due to a good number of other viable (and possibly overpowered) builds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 pm 

The resists for baal are added as a monprop aura. Every 3 seconds the aura pulse rerolls the resist values being applied. So no its not rolled once, it will change through out the battle. And the duration between changes can be alltered for different time delays if some feel it to short or too long. All it is, is a salvation clone with a range of 1 and calcs are set to rand(25,40). So it randomly picks a number between 25&40 every time the aura pulses.

For diablo procing is not the best way. And the way I setup the skill would be death to all as it summoned way to many. So I'm working on it. Dunno if I could set it up based on a life percentage remaining. Like less than 10% life and he would summon reinforcements.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 pm 

ah. i didn't think about doing the resists with one skill alone. makes a bit more sense. the way i did it long ago was with multiple ones, and it just seemed to choose only one.

a neardeath one time summon could be interesting for diablo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 pm 

Whoa chill out guys. What's the huge fuss about? You guys are acting like he is completely removing Diablo and Baal out of the game. We've played the same HU over and over and seriously if adding a summon to Diablo and making baal slightly harder is enough to kill HU then HU is already dead!

No one said forget about balancing and just add new things. No one said new things were going to ruin HU either. That's why theres going to be a betaphase.. in which if there is so much discontentment towards the new so called dew changes then he can obviously reverse them.

My whole point is... playing the same HU over and over you guys of all people should up for something a little new and adding a summon to D and making baal have a random resist aura are hardly ruining the foundation of HU.

If your arguing against the sake of increasing difficulty then thats a completely different thing and of course its understandable. Not everyone wants the game to be more challenging so if thats where your concerns are headed well then I can understand.

New content, new areas etc. are going to make the game more enjoyable. How can you argue otherwise? If HU is on its last leg new content can give it some life again as long as its not too drastic.

i.e. new areas - just gives you something to do, keep you busy, different area to farm lvl etc.

so I mean everyone should be after the same thing regarding changes.. and thats the goal of gettin something new.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 am 

Lee, not agree with balance first, then branch to possible fun stuff after? This was the whole point the last patch and the main goal of this one. I think kwikster is really just saying the same thing in different terms. Just shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:44 am 

Kramuti hit it spot on. My main point was and is, let iron out balance issues first. Then if there is time, and we can extend beta if desired, add some of the tweaks. Over these last 2 patches, balance has been a bit off. I meant no offense to anyone here, just voiced a different opinion, nothing more.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:33 am 

No offense taken man. The baal resistances were just to make hell harder, and diablo's thing isn't looking to doable atm anyway.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 am 

I apologize in that case.. I guess balancing is actually not finished yet and more emphasis should be focused on that. So u guys made a good point balance first do w/e else after.

I just wanted to express my opinion that new content should be added and a little more difficulty in Hell. I did not mean to interfere with the balancing etc. was just throwing out my opinion lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 am 

So, the Baal res dealio. Are you saying that with, say maxed LR and pierces, his res would be whatever his base res would be? When immune, so far above the lr/conv penalty as to remain immune? I like the idea of making him tougher, just trying to make sure I'm comprehending this.

As to Diablo summon, could you not use a clone of Baals icon and replace the icon with the desired monster? It would spawn at random times, and possibly more than once. Just a thought.

If these ideas do get a green-light, I'd rather see say a 3 week run without them, and then say a 1 or 2 week run with. Gives us a really good baseline to ensure any and all balance checks have a good workout. All in all, I like what I've seen. Did some beta work on sp, seems phys dmg is improved a bunch. Curious how it plays out in a party situation.

Oh, one last thing, did anyone look at possibly changing the monprop blizz to a line of sight skill? I hated running thru places like fortress and castle, while getting blizzed from 2 rooms away or the otherside of walls. Between the seraph's, heriphant and lich's could get rather hairy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 am 

Psn zon, Rabies, Psn Strike
The melee ranged psn skill should be the one to deal the highest dmg and be desired by the player to use the most on bosses. like psn strike and rabies. u got to be in the boss's face to get a strike and u got to get a hit to reset timer. If zons had to be up in the face to produce their psn it might change things. If u catch a cage at dia in his face u are in a bad spot. O_O! and this isnt a tweak to dmg or anything but just a re arrange of skills.

i skipped most pages here on my read through so forgive me if we are over this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm 

Wolfs wrote:

Necromancer

Bonewall
This skill belong to a tree that should be an independant build since its a 60pt tree. Ive had a "boner" necro (aka true boner not magic one that the people call boner, teeth etc), along with blades+CE or amp + CE makes a playable fun build. But lacks everywhere on its function.

Suggestion for the skill.
Its a summon, if not make it, (i believe it is), increase its health GREATLY on last tier of skill to allow survive vs bosses if maxed, and ALSO add an 1yard aura damage to the wall, not thorn because would make cheese the skill... 1yard aura damage 1sec pulse damage, with a decent damage maxed, synergized and raised with gear because its a spiky wall.

- Expectation life endgame around lvl50 full synergised=80k-100k (last tier skills increase mostly the hp)
- Expectation of physical damage around lvl50 full synergized=8-13k
- Bonus +15all resistances from boneprison hardpoints

Boneprison
mostly like the other skill. Always wanted to replace this one with bonecage but dunno if possible, if it can be made, then endgame cast 5 bonecage at a time with huge life much much more than wall but no dmg and high cooldown... mostly crowd control skill not usable to bosses or big guys.

If cannot be replace with bonecage then
- Expecation life around lvl50 full synergized 100k
- Bonus +15all resistances from bonewall hardpoints
- 4 seconds cooldown

Id like to see at least this implemented if everything else got ignored :|

Offline Profile