Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Post subject: complete package
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 pm 

here are the complete downloads includes the latest changed from Kramuti

currently sp testing phase gimme some feedback and we can get going live quicker

Run in -direct -txt and make sure you download the correct one for your install
HighrePatch

LowresPatch

Last edited by dew on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: complete package
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:18 pm 

thanks man, good job

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm 

YESSSSS!!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 am 

i downloaded hi res and i have some issues, can you give exact instructions. Will there be reset?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 am 

this is meant only to work on SP atm?

And thanks for the work u guys put in this, all of you! ;)

EDIT: the char sheet ("C") its gimped on highres idk if its just me but with baerk's patch i had same issue, and i cant remember how exactly i got rid of this...If im not wrong purerage sent me on of his modded files or sumething.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 am 

Testing:

- Andariel without curses is still PI (?), Tobial *seems* like he still has bosscharm pdr%
- The super unique archer in Catacombs of Anguish name changed to "Gale Hawk" and dropped 10 rares instead of the regular 5
- The gold cap doesn't work, I lowered values to half in D2Mod.ini and that seems to work (9.8 million in stash, same amount in inventory as before)
- Minor: The numbers above health/mana globes could be moved one pixel to the right I think, atleast it seems like it's slightly off (Low res version)

Yes I ran d2modsetup.bat and -direct -txt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 am 

Corr wrote:
Testing:

- Andariel without curses is still PI (?), Tobial *seems* like he still has bosscharm pdr%
- The super unique archer in Catacombs of Anguish name changed to "Gale Hawk" and dropped 10 rares instead of the regular 5
- The gold cap doesn't work, I lowered values to half in D2Mod.ini and that seems to work (9.8 million in stash, same amount in inventory as before)
- Minor: The numbers above health/mana globes could be moved one pixel to the right I think, atleast it seems like it's slightly off (Low res version)

Yes I ran d2modsetup.bat and -direct -txt.

1. I missed having to re-remove it from kramuti's files
2. fixed gold cap also
3. i didnt change anything drop related so i have no clue why that happened
4. hp/mana- i didnt make this possible nor can i changed it

files are updated with the fixes, just delete and redownload.

I would like a week of testing just to make sure the my boss pdr formulas work, then I'll try to get in touch with duff for it to go live.
the reworked formula allows me to vary it by difficulty for much better balancing. I just want to know it works as intended before its live so we dont get players stuck on realm b/c of any issue that could arise with it.

so this means the we need some feed back on bosses from normal/nightmare/hell with realistic gear for those levels. The quicker I can get feedback from you guys, the quicker it can be on realm.

LASTLY, i swear... sorry for the delay as work has been kicking my ass but we should be able to get this going soon so play fuckers :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:24 am 

I figure something must have gone wrong in superuniques.txt or something.
They all have a double-drop, that is 10 rares instead of the usual 5.
Unless that is intentional, of course

€: 12k-43k WW barb shits on vizier, seis with slvl 27 soft amp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am 

I know that I did not touch anything directly drop related. Dew says he didn't either. I know that some of your files were not correct already. You need to check that stuff before giving some of these results I think...though I should probably test it too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 am 

I deleted my datafolder this time. Soulmancer's boots still have dex added in prop5 as well as aprop3a in SetItems.txt. I haven't found a pair since last but I imagine it will result in the same - 55 dex spawning on the boots.
From what I gather reading here its supposed to be a partial set bonus?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:33 pm 

can we get a PRECISE patchlog?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:46 pm 

Did you use any of these files online on the pic in the other thread, or was it SP in that pic.

The new stats do have aprop3a added Soulmancer's set. The old ones did not.

It could be something stupid I did, though I don't immediately see what.

Please retest that set if you could to see if it was a conflict or my ineptitude.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:58 pm 

Sytaris wrote:
can we get a PRECISE patchlog?

I think between this (Dew's proposal thread)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5429&p=45400#p45400

and the readme's found here. (Drrod+Kramuti+company)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5643

and Baerk's stuff that Dew added.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4933

is probably as close as you are going to get at the moment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:44 pm 

Corr.

well, i went and looked at my notes in the changelog. my ineptitude is part of your answer for mancer's. (as well as not initially getting rid of data folder).

i will make needed changes this evening at some point...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 pm 

@Kramuti can you explain a little more clearly what the patch log is?

I am kind of confused now. I thought Dews implemented changes were neglected when Ben took over and made a list?

What portion of dews list is included in the new patch?

I.E. amp on his patch log = equivalent to amp in the patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 pm 

patch = dew's+drrod/kramuti+baerk's.

gonna post new file set with the fixed soulmancer's in a moment. They are posted here.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5643

edit: you should just need the setitems.txt file there, and rerun modsetup.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:36 am 

Ah ok makes a little more sense but damn you guys could not just post one list with all three changes? lol. I do not mean that in a bad way. Good job with all the work but it makes it easier to understand if there is just one master list with all changes but no big deal. I will just look through all 3 lists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:58 am 

To post it in one topic woud be way to long. What I can do is incude a changelog as a seperate downoad. Tbh with all the item changes this changelog makes llast patch look rather small. I'll try to get it up later today. Or maybe on hudb for easy browsing.......

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:48 am 

I hear ya Lee. It was because things were done at separate times, and done piecemeal between the willing parties. The length of the changelog(s) is really long in the current format. Looks like dew is on it for us though. :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 am 

Great work fellas. Thanks a lot to dew&kramuti, you guys did all the hard lifting. I'm still in the process of saving up to order a new gaming rig(since my old comp died), but I should get testing within a week. I assume we're just gonna test for a week or whatever then take it to a live reset? No beta reset? Either way is cool with me, just excited to play a new ladder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:53 pm 

Imo should be a beta reset, sp testinng should catch obvious bugs. Rest will be worked out with a realm test. Imo we shoulld shoot for it to be balanced with gear for your level. People rush partially b/c of imbalances that make it impossiblle for all builds except a select few........ so hopefully a step in the right direction. If melee stomp bosses on all or some difficulties we can fix that during realm test

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 pm 

I am curious to see how melee will do. I am sure some people have already tested.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 am 

I doubt many will until it is on servers. It is best to do a short SP only though to get to glaring things fixed. Beta before reset will help a bit more, but we won't really find out until a reset.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:58 am 

I think most of everything else got balanced but the ultimate question will be regarding melee. Of course last time my tests were not accurate enough and really one sided as I used furydruids as my main basis for testing but in any case the realm test will be much more accurate with a lot more people testing. I guess worst case scenario they are a little too strong and just get toned down. It should not be that difficult to see whether or not they are OP with a lot of people testing it.

Btw the Armageddon RW does not work I think. I tried it on SP and it failed. I was going to test Hell Andy with a zealerdin but anyway the RW did not work but Last Wish did. Was wondering if there was a possible error with Rws,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 am 

just checked and it was changed to Zod Ohm Gul. I believe this was done so it can be made in claws for melee sins. so no Lo rune in it any more

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:00 pm 

Don't mean to be pushy in any way, just trying to get information pertinent to this patch/possible reset:

- beta reset the same as a realm reset? or would only certain people be allowed to play a beta reset while the current ladder remains intact?
- if/when there is a ladder reset, is there a possible time estimate you have in mind for this?

Basically wondering because I'm bringing a friend to HU to play for a bit but also are looking to play D3 as well when it comes out (which is in approx 3 weeks) so I wanted to see if maybe I'd have more time to show him the ropes in the current ladder or if there would be a reset soon and then have a nice little group of a couple friends and him going in the new ladder.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:15 am 

beta test would occur before a formal reset. it will be on the servers for everybody to test. no dates are set in stone, but it should come relatively quickly. i doubt a full reset would occur before the day of debauchery (5-15)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:01 pm 

Any drop modifications other than the increased amount of rares dropped by super uniques? On just two consecutive azmo+belial runs I had: WSG, Spirit Ward, Templar's, Gris Caddy, Windhammer, Aegis, Shadow Dancer and Executioner's Justice. (I pretty much only did the super uniques+azmo+belial+champs on their level.)
€: no glorycrest even

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:26 pm 

Corr wrote:
Any drop modifications other than the increased amount of rares dropped by super uniques? On just two consecutive azmo+belial runs I had: WSG, Spirit Ward, Templar's, Gris Caddy, Windhammer, Aegis, Shadow Dancer and Executioner's Justice. (I pretty much only did the super uniques+azmo+belial+champs on their level.)
€: no glorycrest even

Well.... nice luck man. A friend and I did the same and the best we got was a unique Thunder Maul...(after horking uniques/azmo/belial) I also never found Templar's this ladder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm 

Been playin' TCP with drhc a bit, the patch so far is nice. Noticed an issue with Cloak of Shadows. It seems to last roughly two seconds now with around the same cooldown. Is this intentional?

Also, fuck yeah new maggot lair.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 am 

Yo Zac whats your opinion on Melee so far? How well are they faring? Are they considerably balanced in your opinion?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 am 

Well, we're only in Act 3 normal. It's me as a Mentalsin and Ben as a Mauler.

Together, we've been absolutely dominating and melting bosses untwinked, but its just early game with builds that have amazing early damage. Can't say anything concretely new about melee viability because melee, even in 1.3a, do well in normal difficulty. We haven't gotten to the point where melee's problems shine.

I don't doubt we could duo to hell no problem though. Maul should have very little issues this patch with damage. Between good 2h CB% and their already innate massive damage (and huge Critical Strike), the build should be great all game.

I can definitely see physically focused teams preforming well this patch. I predict Melee + Mental/Windy/WC/Bowa + any Necro will have zero problems wrecking shit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 am 

There is a mess up as far as I can tell with CoS.
The 'cloaked' attribute is now set to 25 frames (used to be param3) while duration (which is param3) is still set to 1125 frames

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 am 

Afaik its because Pure's "clientside" edits are included in the patch. This is a problem when you're the host yourself which is the case when playing tcp/ip or SP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:06 am 

Yeah that is just to reduce graphics and lag from them. It still apllies the state and stats for the correct duration.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:05 pm 

dew wrote:
Yeah that is just to reduce graphics and lag from them. It still apllies the state and stats for the correct duration.

That's not what is happening though. I'm receiving no defense buff after about a second and all affected monsters regain vision and lose the debuff after about a second. There is also no 45 second cooldown period between CoS, I can cast it as fast as it disappears.

I've played with Purerage's edits all this ladder, so I'm used to just having just a flash of darkness. This does not function how Purerage's edited CoS does.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm 

Ok ill look into it since I used his edited files as a base this shouldn't be happening

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm 

Been away a bit dealing with life and comeback to some interesting changes. Does a sin really need the boosts from 'Geddon? Having never played a fire based sin, it raises questions. Making 'Geddon in a claw (x2 for them) would equate to +100% to fire skill dmg. Sounds a bit steep eh? Not counting the +40 to 'Geddon and 20% dr off the rw alone for the dual claw sin.

I did have one idea, but had no way to convey it, until now. Act3 P&B merc, replace the pulse poison aura (useless anyway and it overwrites other poison sources) with a clone of the sanctuary aura for the -10% to enemy magic res. Serves 2 purposes, 1) their current aura breaks Molochs psn immune in normal for psn zons (yes, I've realm tested this) and 2) help out their teeth and other bone skills. The only poison skill the act3 merc uses is that prime poison aura.

Apologies for the late post on suggesting things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm 

The claws were made available for the melee sins, you wouldn't want to lose the pierce on shadow killers as a trap sin. Pierce is much more effective than mastery. And I tested barbs having lvl 40+ geddon and the damage was laughable since its un synergized.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 pm 

I kinda like the act3 merc proposal since it no longer uses poison skills at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:49 am 

Abominae wrote:
dew wrote:

That's not what is happening though. I'm receiving no defense buff after about a second and all affected monsters regain vision and lose the debuff after about a second. There is also no 45 second cooldown period between CoS, I can cast it as fast as it disappears.

I've played with Purerage's edits all this ladder, so I'm used to just having just a flash of darkness. This does not function how Purerage's edited CoS does.

I have also used Purerage's clientside edits beforehand but in singleplayer and TCP/IP games: The buff length and blind effect is reduced to one second there, too. I believe this does not happen when the servers host the games with the actual unedited HU, while the clients just have the zero duration CoS. As Corr said:
Corr wrote:
This is a problem when you're the host yourself which is the case when playing tcp/ip or SP.

So for singleplayer testing, the unedited CoS is needed.

Regarding the melee balance: 97 spear WW barb shreds Seis and Amon, but I was unable to solo Diablo and Mephisto (though it might be possible with great dedication, decrepify/amp charges/ctc and a great supply of potions). Also failed to kill Nihlathak, despite bringing life tap proc, as I was just not hurting him enough. Then again, I'm fresh to HU. Still, it seems somewhat balanced: comparing it to the FoH/Hammer paladin of the team, the barb is far better at killing some prebosses, such as Mithia, Seis, Amon, but at the actual act bosses, FoH still is superior (with a low level decrep taken into account). Also, some bosses that cast Iron Maiden (e.g. Belial, Azmodan, Samhain) can turn one WW into a suicide when it is being cast while whirling. So I'm not of much use there.

All in all, I feel that melee now has an advantage in some situations, and still fails in others, requiring team play. Cannot tell how strong a damage-dedicated 2H physical melee build is supposed to be, though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:20 am 

Good to here some more feedback on melee. Act bosses should still require a decent amp to take them down with a pure physicall party. But yes they should fair a bit better at sub bosses, it gives them a place in the game. Yeah IM still hurts even tho I toned it down a bit

On the cos issue you are right it works fine on realm bc the server files are different. So I just need to make a seperate skill.txt for the server files with it corrected.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 pm 

Will this patch ever be applied to the servers?
I'm watching all few days and there's been plans to bring it to the servers for months but nothing happens...

you can't reach perfect balance so just put it up so I an play again :D

btw I need the string changes to update the German HU version

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:37 am 

Wait a minute... you were able to kill hell bosses w/o using any form of decrep/amp? That is not quite a good thing.. of course your level 97 but you should try to do some testing with a decent amp/decrep and you probably will see a significant increase in damage. I mean if you can smoke subbosses w/o amp well then w/ amp or decrep it could be a huge diff. of course once we get to realm testing everyone can evaluate and express their opinions then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm 

said he was on a team, or seems like it from his post.

He "MNKTJR" never said he solo'd a act boss, just some sub bosses "seis/amon"

said unable to solo meph/diablo. didnt comment on andy or duriel

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 pm 

This is why we are gonna do a beta on realm. Its quite possible that I may need to tweak things. As we have seen melee is hard to balance and expecting perfection in one fell swoop at this point is alittle unrealistic. Let's just not bash me if things aren't perfect, instead give me a chance to make any wrongs right. And we can all be happier in the long run.

On another note what do people think about having colored skill icons?? Only takes a few mins to add

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm 

No not all Dew. I am not bashing you by any means.. no one is perfect. Look at me for example. I stressed the need to balance melee appropriately and my opinions ended up getting them not as balanced as most people wanted. Even though at the time, I felt they were going to be balanced, I was actually wrong. They are a difficult class to balance.. they can swing one way or the other very easily due to the mathematical difference in such small numbers i.e. amp/boss resists/dmg/cb/ds. All of that calculated together makes it so hard to appropriately balance the melee class. There are so many variables to them. You've done a great job so far Dew.

And you previously expressed concern for the melee class so I know you were aware of the issue and your just waiting for tests to come back aka realm test to make changes if needed be so everything is cool.

But in any case.. the beta realm test will ultimately show if any tweaking needs to be done and if it needs to be done well then you'll do it and do the best you can.. thats all you can do. In the end, there is no such thing as perfect balance of course.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 am 

dew wrote:
On another note what do people think about having colored skill icons?? Only takes a few mins to add

im not much into this but maybe if is a "barely noticable" red for fire skills, blue for cold, green and etc... almost no noticeable :p could look nice... we dont want teletubbies icons i believe :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 am 

i read that catapult lag and moloch lag were reduced and catapult ai set to idle or something to remove their lag?

what abut slow missle on castle of destruction makes it almost unplayable for zons teeth etc. was anything changed on that?

this gonna be good!

i gotta find a LOD cd key. do i just buy it off bizzards site?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:32 am 

Well if you don't plan on playing on bnet google is your best friend. Otherwise you pay full price for a cd-key to a game you own.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 am 

no i dont care about bnet, just wanna play HU multiplayer.

what about the catapult/moloch/slow missle lag issues?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:18 am 

catapult and moloch is fixed
slow missiles would have to be discussed b/c it does add a bit of difficulty, just the lag it causes sucks. we could either reduce how long its active or lower the amount it slows

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 am 

maybe the amount it slows?
or make it cureable in town?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:00 am 

its on Duff now,

i tweaked physical resists on Moloch,Desis, Vizer, all of Baals minions, Amon, and Belial
after some personal testing i felt they def needed to be upped in all difficulties also changed the pdr calc for hell so that sub bosses will be able to get some more pdr.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm 

blinky99 wrote:

Correct. I tried andariel as well, but was unable to seriously damage her or get enough leech to keep myself alive for long. Paired with a necro with about lv ~20 soft pts amp, it was fairly easy though. Also successfully battled andariel in a team with healerdin with the aid of a decrepify charges wand.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:13 am 

Were there any changes made to CoS or can I simply copy the line from the 1.3b files into skills.txt and replace?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 am 

MNKTJR wrote:
blinky99 wrote:

Correct. I tried andariel as well, but was unable to seriously damage her or get enough leech to keep myself alive for long. Paired with a necro with about lv ~20 soft pts amp, it was fairly easy though. Also successfully battled andariel in a team with healerdin with the aid of a decrepify charges wand.

sounds decently balanced

can you post a ss of your stats/gear

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm 

Doesn't sound too easy but I still feel things will need adjusting. But anyhow I'm glad to here its close to what I expected them to be. If only I coulld make their leech effectiveness scale with their resists so you could leech better when they have high resists.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 am 

Offline Profile