Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

Post subject: New player looking for tips on making a golemancer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 pm 

Hi guys!! i was wondering if you could help me out with my build. i am currently only level 14 and the only skill points i have invested atm are all in clay golem and golem mastery. I guess i should invest some points to curses but i dont know which ones yet cause i havent gone too far in the game to know what ill need and i dont want to waste skill points. And if i could spent some skills points on bone/poison masteries or not. Also how should i spent my attribute points ? Furthermore from which merc would i benefit the most and what items should i equip him?? i know its still too soon but what items should i equip to my golemancer??

Sorry for ALL those questions but im new and i dont want to mess up a character. Have a nice day and always have fun! :D :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New player looking for tips on making a golemancer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm 

hola.

I made a couple golemancers this ladder. First thing you should think about is what you want to accomplish with him.

Skills:
My build is: 20 fire golem / iron golem / spirit blades / golem mastery / corpse explode / 1 point every curse. Fire and iron golem get higher hp which is why I chose to max them, and spirit blades are more useful vs bosses than clay/blood to max. Clay golem 1 pointed will live vs sub bosses who do cold dmg (anya dragon), and 1 pt blood will live the same vs a lite boss (ardual). Don't expect your golems to ever live vs the prime evils. With big oak, big bo, and gg heals one MIGHT live 'til it's cooldown, but when you recast it has no bo and will die fast. That's why you got blades. I wouldn't spend any points on bone spear/teeth/spirit unless you're doing a full boner build.

Stats:
Just use the str you need to equip your gear, and rest into vit. I like at least 50% chance to block (mine has 75%), so you either need some emeralds in gear, amesyth in shield, or some hard points into dex. Figure it out based on what you want/need.

Merc:
Best to get a ranged one and have tele to control them. I use a1 merc. She's pretty fragile, but does lots of damage (should shoot for 25k). Amp and tele micro and keeping blades on bosses gets the job done. Roll a rare eth col xbow 'til it gets 511% enhanced damage then gear her full of dex and res. She will pwn.

Gear:
Either Enigma or the bloodlord skull for tele. Darkforce and construct forge if no tele. Caster craft +2necro circlet, wisp projector ring, blood craft necro skill ring with allres, maras amu, cast craft boots with str/res, 6cta/dragon switch, vengeance javelin, souldrain gloves

EDIT: Don't worry too much about making your necro perfect. The first golemancer I made was at the start of this ladder (hardcore) and i fucked his stats and skill up real bad, but guess what? He was good enough to get me to end game, and i remade him later since i had the gear and could spec him out perfectly (much better at least ^_^)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:23 pm 

Anyone try one yet with return dmg.

Say max iron/blades/mastery/IM/CE then grab an a5 merc and load him up with return dmg equip?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:24 pm 

amp is always better than IM for damage return

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:45 pm 

oZio wrote:
Anyone try one yet with return dmg.

Say max iron/blades/mastery/IM/CE then grab an a5 merc and load him up with return dmg equip?

my max iron golem has been the death of most nm bosses and some hell ones. He had oak/bo/hbolts and bosses were amped to make them actually take damage. They were tricky fights but it got us through :)

i'm thinkin of trying a slow golemancer next with max clay golem + max decrep + slow merc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
i'm thinkin of trying a slow golemancer next with max clay golem + max decrep + slow merc

interesting.. isn't there a cap of slow? or just on the slow on gear without dec/hf?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 pm 

tucker wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:

interesting.. isn't there a cap of slow? or just on the slow on gear without dec/hf?

yea there's a max slow I think it's 40% vs bosses, but if they have a FRW or IAS aura like vigor/fanat.. let's say fanat gives 30% ias, so I'd need 70% slow to get them to max slow. Gotta just find how to stack the different sources of slow effectively (cold dmg, slows monster by %, hfreeze aura, decrep)
Problem is clay golem has much less hp than the other golems, so he has trouble with any sub bosses that aren't cold dmg. Hopefully with an ice merc and max decrep he'll live until cooldown, then that will be perfect :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm 

Good to know the value of slow on bosses. I always forget what the number is here. I was thinking of a similar idea with a paladin the other day, but didn't know how much I would need to hit the cap with auras like you mentioned. I guess no stupification of baal is possible. I suppose that is a good thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:24 pm 

Actually its only slows target that has a cap. It's 90% against normal monsters and 50% against bosses. I think act bosses may count as normal monsters in regards to slow target but i'm not sure on that. Auras and curses have no limit in how much slow they can apply hardcode wise without getting into rollovers. If your willing to stack enough different sources (slows target, chill, holy freeze, decrep) it should not be difficult to apply the 85% slow necessary to reach the global animation lower speed limit cap (for monsters that have no speed buffs such as fanata that is). Extra fast, fanata monsters would require even more slow to actually turn them into snails.

Offline Profile