Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

Post subject: Skill Hidden Bonuses
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 am 
Game Server Host

Assn
Fade: 1% dr per point (Soft Points Included)

Blade Fury: Doesn't consume weapon durability

Blade Sentinel: Doesn't consume weapon durability

Blade Shield: Life and Mana leech count. Consumes weapon durability

Elemental Traps: Gain -res of the Assassin (Wake of Inferno doesn't)

Dual Claw: Faster block rate works. Improved chance and dex don't

Shadow Warrior: Dex/Str=slv x 10, +4resxlv max 75, skills(SWarLVL/2 + SinSkill/2) = SWarSkillLVL, rounded down.
eg. level 10 shadow warrior/2 + level 20 light sentry/2 = shadows light sentry level 15

Shadow Master: Dex/Str=slv x 10, skill(lv=1/2slv+1)

Druid
Grizzly Bear: 10% Damage bonus to Dire Wolf and Spirit Wolf

Dire Wolf: 10% Damage to Grizzly Bear

Spirit Wolf: 10% AR Bonus to Grizzly Bear and Dire Wolf

Werebear: -50% chance block (and block speed?) and only weapon speed and ias on weapon matter. Life Regeneration (Unknown amount at this time)

Werewolf: Life Regeneration (Unknown amount at this time)

Barb
-50% Block speed and chance

Howl: Increases radius per level (Actual radius increase numbers?)
WW: only weapon speed and ias on the weapon matter

Pally
No longer gain passive bonus from res aura's

Prayer: Stacks with any other instance of prayer from any source.

Cleansing: Adds reduce poison and curse duration to meditation (soft points work). Heal bonus from prayer stacks with prayers heal.

Meditation: Heal bonus stacks with prayer and cleansing heal bonus will stack with meditations heal bonus (2 auras must be running at once to stack the heal). Reduce curse/poison duration bonus from cleansing doesn't stack.

Blessed Aim: 5% AR bonus per hard point

Necro
Blood golem: life steal is based on monsters life not damage done.

Sorc
Telekenisis: reduces damage to Energy Shield by 0.0625 per hard point, Meaning at 0 hard points energy shield loses 2 mana per 1 damage absorbed. At 16 hard points in TK energy shield loses 1 mana per 1 damage absorbed. At 20 hard points in TK, ES loses 0.75 mana per 1 damage absorbed

Hydra: Recieves the -res of the caster at the time of casting. Even in the sorcs -res changes after casting, the hydras doesn't.

Zon
Decoy: Life based on your life (does BO on you then cast then BO on decoy work?), res=slv x 4 max 85, gets evade and dodge
Gains the properties of the enemys that hit it. eg. if General Hatestorm has mana burn, magic resistant, stone skin. When he hits your decoy, the decoy will then have the same properties, mana burn, magic resistant and stone skin. This is very handy as mana burn gives a passive 20%all res and magic resistant gives a passive 40% ele res, then stone skin gives it maxed Dr%

Valk: res=(slv+decoy) x 2 max 85, magic item level =25+(valk x 3), Dex=slv x 12

Strafe: Gains +1 arrow if you use Decoy, Strafe locks you in place, min arrows fired based on slv of spell as well as max fired.

Psn Jav : enemys struck with your weapon will stack listed cloud/spray damageStack together with other poison sources like rabies/psn strike etc. and most importantly Plague javelin/disease spray
(the damage from the clouds wont stack but the listed cloud damage is added to your javelins and will stack onto struck enemys)

Generic
Items with skill charges count as synergies as long as you don't have the point in synergies already.

Freeze duration 1/2 in nm and 1/4 in hell

Poison Duration Doubled in Hell

Last edited by PureRage-DoD on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Skill Hidden Bonuses
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:45 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Hydra: Recieves the -res of the caster at the time of casting. Even in the sorcs -res changes after casting, the hydras doesn't.

is this new?? i mean this wasnt true in this last season... or it was? because doesnt seemed to me

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh thats right im pretty sure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 pm 

Elemental Traps: Gain -res of the Assassin (Wake of Inferno doesn't)

Is there something different from vanilla? If not then any laid trap is counted as a minion. Therefore those will not receive -enemy res from equipment, only aura's or curses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm 
Game Server Host

yes its changed from vanilla, wake of inferno wont but the others do recieve the -res of the caster at the time of casting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:35 pm 

hey kev why is it better to go with bear than wolf when making a cold fury druid ? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm 
Game Server Host

a cold fury druid? you mean frostbite? you can go for either as you need but for a 2fpa you`ll need gris caddy with uber ameths and in bear form

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:49 pm 

oops , yes i mean frostbite lol. so did you switch between wolf / bear while you were lower levels depending on the situation?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh, as an eg. i used wolf when i was against the stuff that hits hard (put me in hit recovery animation) as the bear has terrible hit recovery. I used bear in ancs way etc so i could use 1 point in shockwave to perma stun oncoming chargers

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Assn
Fade: 1% dr per point (Soft Points Included)

Blade Fury: Doesn't consume weapon durability

when u doesnt use bladeshield ! dont forget

hey DoD :D welcome to new ladder im downloading patch today we see us bye

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Blade Shield: Life and Mana leech count. Consumes weapon durability

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Psn Jav Skills: Stack together with eachother and other poison sources like rabies/psn strike etc.

So your saying that poison jav, plague jav, and disease spray will all stack?

Not that this would be a good thing, but interesting to say the least. If this is the case, would plague jav stack with itself?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:21 pm 
Game Server Host

sorry i meant to update that, poison jav will stack with other poison skills, including plague javelin and disease spray. thats why it is so much weaker than the other 2 poison skills. I'm not sure but i dont thing plague and spray stack with other sources. updating now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:29 pm 

sticky this.
Very informative

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:31 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Psn Jav : Stack together with other poison sources like rabies/psn strike etc. and most importantly Plague javelin/disease spray

i dont know about that man, i have to dispute this claim. my info comes from this: a sticky explaining poison dmg on the modsbylaz forums:

( disregard any unfamiliar skill names, like i said this is from another forum)

Important poison facts:

Those are all the poison skills in the game. Before we try and figure out what the difference between each type is, let's first understand the similarities:

1. Poison duration does not affect poison damage per second. In other words, if you do 100 damage per second over 10 seconds, your total damage would be 1000. If you add 5 more seconds, your damage per second won't decrease to 66 (1000:15=66). Instead you will do 1500 total damage (100*15=1500). This is a very good thing that many people don't understand so they try to avoid increased duration. The truth is, it can really help if you want to kill an enemy in 1 hit.

2. Poison damage doesn't stack. If you hit an enemy with an attack that does 100 damage per second, twice, you won't do 200 damage per second. What actually happens is that the highest damage per second is applied.
Example:
You cast gamma field that has a duration of 20 seconds, it rolls for the damage 8 times in this order-
100, 250, 70, 400, 200, 100, 68, 365.
The damage that will be applied is 400, because it's the highest damage per second. The total damage would be 400*20=8000. This also includes changes in the monsters resist. If you poison a monster that has 50% poison resist, then decrease the resist to 0, the poison damage will increase by 50%. This also works very nice in uberquests because even if an enemy turns immune, it will still continue to take damage if it was damaged before becoming immune (this strategy is usually used with gamma field).

3. Poison damage is the only element that triggers on kill procs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Types of poison damage:

Now that you know the basics of poison damage, we can get into more detail about the types of poison damage.

Spell poison damage:
This type of poison damage is fairly simple.
affected by-
+spell/poison damage
+skills
+poison duration.
not affected by-
+x to poison damage over y seconds
weapon damage multiplier.

Passive poison damage:
Passive poison damage includes all the skills that passively add poison damage to your attacks. Poison damage added from items works in the same way.
affected by-
+spell/poison skill damage (only in melee,)
+skills (if it's a skill and not on an item)
weapon damage multiplier
+x poison damage over y seconds.
not affected by-
+poison duration
+spell/poison skill damage (only with missiles,)

poison jav disease spay and plague jav fall into the spell poison dmg category bear this in mind

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:26 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
poison jav disease spay and plague jav fall into the spell poison dmg category bear this in mind

poison jav is an attack not a spell, (it has attack rating)
a javalin spell would be light fury (no attack rating)

Im afraid you are wrong. The reason I know this is that terry has already stated it with regards to someone complaining about the poison jav skills in the old forums.

Quote:
2. Poison damage doesn't stack. If you hit an enemy with an attack that does 100 damage per second, [b]twice, you won't do 200 damage per second. What actually happens is that the highest damage per second is applied.[/b]

ofc... it is from the same source

Quote:
This also includes changes in the monsters resist. If you poison a monster that has 50% poison resist, then decrease the resist to 0, the poison damage will increase by 50%

This is also wrong. You MUST lower the resistance before you apply the posion damage. If you apply the poison then lower the resist the damage will be applied at the lowered rate no matter how much extra -resist you apply.
The opposite is also true. eg. If you cast lower resist THEN poison the enemy you can overwrite the curse with amp/decrep and the poison damage will be aplied at the same rate as when Lower resist was active.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:33 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Quote:

poison jav is an attack not a spell, (it has attack rating)
a javalin spell would be light fury (no attack rating)

Im afraid you are wrong. The reason I know this is that terry has already stated it with regards to someone complaining about the poison jav skills in the old forums.

Quote:
2. Poison damage doesn't stack. If you hit an enemy with an attack that does 100 damage per second, [b]twice, you won't do 200 damage per second. What actually happens is that the highest damage per second is applied.[/b]

ofc... it is from the same source

Quote:
This also includes changes in the monsters resist. If you poison a monster that has 50% poison resist, then decrease the resist to 0, the poison damage will increase by 50%

This is also wrong. You MUST lower the resistance before you apply the posion damage. If you apply the poison then lower the resist the damage will be applied at the lowered rate no matter how much extra -resist you apply.
The opposite is also true. eg. If you cast lower resist THEN poison the enemy you can overwrite the curse with amp/decrep and the poison damage will be aplied at the same rate as when Lower resist was active.

IIRC the poison trail from poison jav is affected. the thrown jav deals weapon dmg which isnt affected by +%skill dmg

as for that last point, it means if you reduce a monsters res to 0 then if it rerolls the dmg THEN the dmg is boosted

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:08 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh the damage would have to be applied again for the -res to work

the skill damage from the poison jav is applied to the hit target too. only the hit target will be affected by the stacking.

eg, the hit target from all 3 skills will stack together, the clouds will not. however the poison skill damage is applied to the target you actualy hit on all 3 of the skills

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:59 pm 

Ah so the poison dmg dealt by the thrown javs stack, ok i see now, from the way it was worded that the clouds poison dmg stacked, which sure as hell will never work

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 am 
Game Server Host

yeh the struck enemy recieves the same damage as the cloud produces + damage from gems in weap etc + weapon damage ass as an "attack". So if you have 20k psn jav cloud, you will deal the 20k as a poison attack (not the cloud) to the struck enemy. you cant stack the clouds though.
In retrospect i should clarify that. I`ll sort it tomorrow. With pierce you can strike multiple enemys also so it starts to really stack up against wyrm packs etc if you can get them all.

There is a topic about using light fury with psn javazons but tbh, you have enough to deal with hitting the champs etc. 3 times for max dps. Its quite a busy build I think, it's not just throw and wait at all, there is more to it if you wanna put her to maximum output :)

Thats the main bonus they have for bosses

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:51 pm 

add this

for valks

Hidden Stats

Resistances
The Valkyries' resistances are equal to their level * 2, to a max of 85. So a level 10 Valkyrie will have +20 Resist All. Valkyries also get a hidden synergy bonus from Decoy, where every physical point in Decoy will add +2 Resist All. The whole formula comes out as = (Valkyrie level + Base Decoy Level ) * 2

Magic Level
The equipment that a Valkyrie is spawned with is based on her Magic Level, i.e. the ilvl that her equipment is spawned with, therefore denoting which mods can be spawned. The Magic Level of any Valkyrie is equal to a base of 25 at level 1, and increases by 3 for each level.

Dexterity
Valkyries recieve a bonus of Dexterity of +12 per level. A level 12 Valkyrie will have 144 dexterity points. Valks gain bonuses of attack rating and defense much like any character, but this is not reflected in their skill description.

Valkyrie Health
Valkyrie Health = 440 * (1 + 0.2 * (Valkyrie level + Decoy Level - 1))

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:58 pm 

hunterAS wrote:
add this

for valks

Hidden Stats

Resistances
The Valkyries' resistances are equal to their level * 2, to a max of 85. So a level 10 Valkyrie will have +20 Resist All. Valkyries also get a hidden synergy bonus from Decoy, where every physical point in Decoy will add +2 Resist All. The whole formula comes out as = (Valkyrie level + Base Decoy Level ) * 2

Magic Level
The equipment that a Valkyrie is spawned with is based on her Magic Level, i.e. the ilvl that her equipment is spawned with, therefore denoting which mods can be spawned. The Magic Level of any Valkyrie is equal to a base of 25 at level 1, and increases by 3 for each level.

Dexterity
Valkyries recieve a bonus of Dexterity of +12 per level. A level 12 Valkyrie will have 144 dexterity points. Valks gain bonuses of attack rating and defense much like any character, but this is not reflected in their skill description.

Valkyrie Health
Valkyrie Health = 440 * (1 + 0.2 * (Valkyrie level + Decoy Level - 1))

Druid summons

dunno how much ~~

Summon Spirit Wolf adds attack and defense to Wolves, Dire Wolves and Grizzly pets.
Summon Dire Wolf adds hitpoints to Wolves, Dire Wolves and Grizzly pets.
Summon Grizzly adds damage to Wolves, Dire Wolves and Grizzly pets.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 am 
Game Server Host

the valk stuff is already there, the 3 formulas

the druid summons. no summon adds life to any other summon except oak. Dire gives damage to grizzly and grizzly gives damage to dire and spirit. Spirit wolves give def and ar to dire and grizzly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:19 am 

wow everyone score one for rage..

just copy and pasted from arreat summit.. sue me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:42 pm 
Game Server Host

looking to add the formula for skele mages damage, anyone have that info please let me know. thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 am 

this is for vanilla ...... hu.. since they were buffed... no idea...

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Skeletal_Mage_Damage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 pm 

Note on Strafe: MinArrowsFired = 2 + (slvl/4) after level 2, or 6 arrows at level 20. MinArrowsFired does not exceed the maximum, of course.

I didn't know about Decoy adding arrows to Strafe. I gotta see this one on my current bowazon..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:37 am 

Doesn't defiance give dr/mdr ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 pm 

Not a skill, but since some other things that aren't skills are listed... Does the resist penalty for players still apply to magic resistance?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:27 pm 

Quote:
Items with skill charges count as synergies as long as you don't have the point in synergies already.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:21 pm 

Let's say SkillY gives SkillX 10% extra damage per level via synergy.

If you're carrying an item with charges of level 30 SkillY, then that item will give SkillX a +300% EDmg bonus, but only if your character does not already have points in skillY. If your item gave a level 30 SkillY oSkill, then SkillX does not get any synergy bonus.

Back around HU v1.12 the CarrionRing had charges of (I think) level 30 PoisonCreeper, which was a synergy for Rabies. So as long as a Druid didn't put a point into PCreeper, they could just wear that ring and buff their rabies as if they had placed 30 points into PCreeper.

Although this is a bug in v1.10 D2:LoD, I personally think it's a pretty sweet feature, since it allows synergized oSkills (just be super careful about the level of the charges, and which items have them, and maybe place functions in skills.txt that limit synergy bonuses to level 20). For example, if Telekinesis makes EnergyShield more efficient (less mana lost per damage) then you could make a paladin-only shield with a single charge of level 20 TK and then a level 1 EnergyShield oSkill (or charges if you want). If the Paladin uses that single charge of TK, then they no longer gain the synergy bonus until they repair it. Perhaps a FoH Pally running a high-level Meditation would really like that shield.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:50 pm 

Oh wow, that's great to know, something I should've known already because I just love to make unconventional builds where I get to be creative on the combinations of cross class skills and their synergies

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:41 pm 

Telekinesis still a hidden bonus to Energy shield? I only put a few points into Telekinesis but havn't see any change in Eshield yet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:24 pm 

In HUv2.1, EShield has no synergies. The amount of MP lost per damage (the thing Telekinesis used to help out with, the skill description shows it as "Mana Drain") starts out at 50/16 and goes down to 12/16. Every hard point reduces that fraction by 2/16, and every soft point reduces by 1/16. With just 1 hard point, you'd need +36 Skills to lose 3MP every 4 damage, After 19 hard points you reach the cap without +Skills.

A lot of the information in the original post of this topic is for HUv1.2 I think. I think most of it isn't accurate after about HUv1.3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:00 pm 

That sucks. Wasted some skill points :( Guess I'm going telekinesis as a secondary lol

Offline Profile