All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Install Dew's patch
Yes 78%  78%  [ 46 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Dew's patch is ready!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 pm 

lets get the poll started guys and install this new patch!!!

Last edited by raqib on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dew's patch is ready!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm 

ya Unless there are more people willing to suggest more things or test there isn't much more I can do to it so..........? VOTE!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25 pm 

Do you test it enough?
If you start to reset ladder, i think those problem will coming again.
Many people willl argue to change the patch in direction they want.
And the arguement doesn't end. the reset every 3-4 month will coming and there wasn't enjoy in this mod.

Keep this patch long enough to find any problem.and test your patch enough to find any problem that will be happen and fix it. In that time, ladder should be reset.

Ps, I'm sorry coz i cant help you to test new patch.
Your effort are good ,then do it anyway to fix the good patch

Thanks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 pm 

Im all for it! The changes all look really positive and could quite possibly make this game fun again.

IMO the last two patches have not worked out, so i think its a great step forward.... im very bored of the current patch :/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 pm 

What's the change in new patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 pm 

Check It Out Here and cya guys tomorrow i need sleep now!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 pm 

I'm testing...

Barbs (WC and Melee)
Druids (Summon and Melee)
Pally (Phys Zealer - This will probably be my first realm char)

I've Done
Zons (Melee)
Pallys (Holy Zealers HDins)

So if someone would be willing to test Melee Sins, Throwing Barbs (I Believe this is being done) that'd round it out nicely.

I don't think the casters need much testing as the pierce nerf should hit them and put them into a decent place more can probably be done but ya know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:00 am 

-Pierce on level 95 uniques reduced/varied
Why is pierce being nerfed across the board instead of just nerfing the OP elemental builds? Outside of firestorm, the poison builds, and maybe meteor/blizz, what's the problem with stacked pierce endgame? It doesn't show up in big numbers till post 95, and by then you NEED it to be viable on most elemental builds against bosses.

Ever seen any elemental build outside of the aforementioned take down a big boss? I'm just worried everything outside of those big hitting elemental builds are gonna take a hit making them even more useless. Would it not make more sense to simply reduce some of the damage synergies to the builds that are currently wrecking face with or without stacked pierce?

-Party life boosts decreased(Bo in duration/Oak in life %)
Any reason for this? The oak change I really don't understand. BO kind of makes sense, but if you want more barbs around instead of BO bitches you simply need to make barbs useful again. I know the mod is based around SC, but damn it hurts to even think about playing HC without a decent bobitch around. We simply lack the population to always have a barbarian or druid around.

-Passive life boosts increased
What does this refer to? Increased stamina and lycan?

The rest of the changes I like or am indifferent to. Seems kind of lackluster for a reset though. Any plans for some crushing blow love for melee? Even if they can now do damage to act bosses without amp they're still going to lack an option to get around IM which is as most of you know prevalent in almost all the boss fights worth a shit. So we'll have melee doing andy/duriel/meph a little easier. Cool. Sorry if I come across as shitting on your hard work, it's far from my intention, but just playing the devil's advocate here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:09 am 

I haven't had a chance to look indepth into melee yet but I agree crushing blow needs to be looked at on weapons of all levels for melee.

Lightning sorcs can take down bosses as well as meteor or blizz. Nerfing the pierce on Fathom opens up avenues for more variety if you want insane pierce Mangs or the Zod orb may be better for the build. -56 on a weapon is just too much pierce from one source without making any sacrifices for the slots. Strokes needed to be nerfed they drop everywhere from Hell Forge Dragon all seal bosses and Diablo into a5.

I wasn't as sure about the Lore change because it is a rare ass item but it hits firestorm and rabies druids to warrant it. Only those 95 uniques were nerfed and by 5-10 which isn't much when you factor in the 36 free pierce you get from gems.

Maybe nerfing the pierce isn't the right way to go and we should simply actually make them vary more like SKillers. But we tried to damage approach and it didn't work psnzons fire druids were still the most popular approach for running baal or anything else that you wanted to run.

IM needs to be looked at. CI isn't viable on most builds but I'm at a loss of what to actually do about it. I'm not in favor of going the actual Blizz path and removing it all together though so we have to approach it in a different way...First of what actually casts IM?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:20 am 

I'd leave lore untouched. Not only it's 90lvl item (aka the highest/rarest) but drops with 1/3 chance(Just like scepters/din shields/barb hats/nec shields/staves) of other items. Tstroke is 75lvl item (Meph could drop it) same as BRC, and they drop with 2/3 chance, same as sins wps and orbs. Tho I may be wrong about orbs.
Quote:
But we tried to damage approach and it didn't work psnzons fire druids were still the most popular approach for running baal or anything else that you wanted to run.
No counters, dmg doesn't matter. In theory blizz sorc can get better dps but you'll by dead thanks to lag/lack of pdr/mdr vs few bosses (Achmel, Baphomet, Glasya if she wasn't cold IM)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 am 

LockDown wrote:
Lightning sorcs can take down bosses as well as meteor or blizz.

As well? Do you mean they're capable of it or can be on par with blizz/met? Sorceress lightning skills are mostly AoE and even their best single target skill(TK) is a far cry from blizzard or meteor vs a boss DPS wise. TK is certainly capable of killing bosses, but to compare it to meteor or blizzard DPS it's very mediocre. Nerf pierce, leave the skills the same, and it's only going to widen the gap in comparison to blizz/met. Take away the ability to get high pierce and meteor/blizz are going to be the only builds left worth using vs a boss as far as sorceress' go(well and blaze of course but that goes without saying!). That logic can be applied to many builds if a significant game wide elemental pierce nerf occurs.

LockDown wrote:
Nerfing the pierce on Fathom opens up avenues for more variety if you want insane pierce Mangs or the Zod orb may be better for the build. -56 on a weapon is just too much pierce from one source without making any sacrifices for the slots.

Mangsong is on par and even slightly more offensive than Fathom+Shield. The only reason to even go Fathom is if you're getting some block or wanna throw a skull/diamond or something in your shield for a little more defense. ToK has its place in nova/fnova builds(or will if its conviction ever gets scaled up after the nerf). Fathom+shield for defense, Mangsong for offense, and ToK has its place for a few builds. I fail to see the problem here.

LockDown wrote:
Strokes needed to be nerfed they drop everywhere from Hell Forge Dragon all seal bosses and Diablo into a5.

I'll agree TSrokes TC probably needs a little looking at. As far as the pierce goes though, the only other build that even utilizes Tstrokes is a lit zon. The poison pierce is a newish addition, if you have a problem with it simply remove the poison pierce. Unless you have a issue with lit zons clearing trash fast(the only thing they're good at) via high pierce I don't see the problem here either.

I dunno basically I'm just trying to say nerfing pierce across the board is not the solution to combating the powerhouse elemental builds. Then again I have no idea how much pierce nerf we're even talking about here(varied values are totally fine with me and I actually prefer them). Would be nice if Dew could give us some more details, a lot of his change log is very vague.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:12 am 

i havent looked at the ideas for this patch. but the reset was not very long ago, please dont reset tooo frequently, thats what makes people get bored. even if this patch has good ideas (again i havent looked) i say dont reset for it yet because it hasnt been long enough by any stretch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:20 am 

Hmm originally the poll didn't state for reset. Imo reset not needed but, discussion and to know if the effort is even worth it. Either way idc, im not the dictator of hu I just wanna have fun

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:54 am 

Maybe I missed it but is there a clean and clear change log for this patch?

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:31 am 

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5429

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 am 

Can you implement the patch without a reset ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:46 am 

and btw wasn't it proposed by Purerage so cut monster def in half and what about enhanced damage for 1 str? Change it to 450?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am 

No change to str yet as bosses aren't immune any more and only a few have given any feedback on how the boss change affects them. Def hasn't been touched yet either since feedback has bee limited.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 am 

@drrod I sugested lowering the offending builds damage but people opposed in other thread and wanted pierce lowered, I can change either, you guys decide not me. Im just willing to do the work to keep this mod fun and enjoyable. My ideas are sugestions like everyone elses are, no iron fist here man.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 am 

Dew post the numbers for the Fathom and T-Stroke Change if you could. Drrod has some good points. Also I've seen a TK sorc do amazing against hell bosses and run a solo Guardian faster than my fire druid could (not including run to Guard time).

I think I suggested Strokes become 10-15 instead of a flat 20. Fathom to be 15-20 on the pierce end. Not a huge nerf in retrospect. The removal of psn pierce from Strokes may be the best route giving it a grand total of -36 with 3 Eyes while leaving lightning capable of -56% I have no problem with.

Also leaving Lore untouched is probably the way to go. Steel has a good point the reason the builds are popular is because they are safe. They don't have to deal with IM or counters. So nerfing the damage will do little to fix it nerfing the pierce will do nothing to fix it so it takes 7 minutes to kill Hell Baal instead of 5?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 am 

I used the numbers you posted in other thread. I could live without psn pierce on tstrokes if others can, prolly best way to lower endgame dps. Like I said w/e is agreed upon can be done

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:01 pm 

LockDown wrote:
So if someone would be willing to test Melee Sins, Throwing Barbs (I Believe this is being done) that'd round it out nicely.

working on getting it working. I see the skill changes, but the nova isn't working. I'm sure it's on my end to get it working properly, my laptop is all messed up anyways, I'll give it a shot on my other desktop later.

I think more people should definitely do testing before we just go ahead with the patch. Though, my vote is yes :). A ladder reset would be fun as hell ^^ (rushes to go try LoS ><)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:20 pm 

Did u try it on white items and uniques? It should affect all throwing knives but I only tested on white/rares.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm 

Pretty sure the ones I bought were white, maybe blue. I'll check again
BTW, will each of the exploding daggers be able to hit a single target? I guess the real question is, am I going to get 8x more counters from bosses from the knive nova? Anyways I'll try to test it and find for myself lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:41 pm 

Oh yeah use it at bosses and it will rape you. They cause counters

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:53 pm 

My final suggestion for 95s:

Lore - Leave it as is rare as hell and one of the hardest items to find in general.
Fathom - Vary the pierce 20-25%
T-Strokes - Take off the poison pierce entirely. Leave Lightning at -20.
SKillers - Leave at 15-20 pierce.

Also if possible fix T-Strokes damn TC so they don't drop in A3 Meph.

Also I'm still not sure what a few items are even for gonna post up the ones Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
Earthshifter
Great Poleaxe
Stormspire
Cryptic Axe

Change Cranium Basher to llevel 5 Amp 5% Ctc. (I believe this is done?)

Otherwise CB is present in some end game weapons that melee can do some damage. Is CB being added to the craftable affixes? On 2 Handed Weapons and DS on 2 Handers?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm 

LockDown wrote:
My final suggestion for 95s:

Lore - Leave it as is rare as hell and one of the hardest items to find in general.
Fathom - Vary the pierce 20-25%
T-Strokes - Take off the poison pierce entirely. Leave Lightning at -20.
SKillers - Leave at 15-20 pierce.

Also if possible fix T-Strokes damn TC so they don't drop in A3 Meph.

Also I'm still not sure what a few items are even for gonna post up the ones Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
Earthshifter
Great Poleaxe
Stormspire
Cryptic Axe

Change Cranium Basher to llevel 5 Amp 5% Ctc. (I believe this is done?)

Otherwise CB is present in some end game weapons that melee can do some damage. Is CB being added to the craftable affixes? On 2 Handed Weapons and DS on 2 Handers?
A)T-strokes have always had 20% lite & psn pierce, just raise the TC. Remove the psn pierce from Arach (added 1.3a) and Carrion ring. Possible to remove 30% pierce easily that way, know people using carrion for just pierce value.
B)Fathom 15-20%.
C)Which skillers have 15-20% pierce?
D)Thought CB and DS were added as affixes, seen them spawn on rares at least.
E)With monster phys res being dropped no need to push amp above lvl 3 as a ctc. Did hell Duri using ctc decrep from EJ (7% cb total)and saw his life dropping nicely with 25k conc on barb. Will be testing further later using various amp values to verify.

Final Justice--- just an idea for a cold bow
Diamond Bow
+(400-450)% Enhanced Damage
9-12% Life Stolen per Hit
9-12% Mana Stolen per Hit
Adds 250-500 Fire Damage
Adds 250-500 Cold Damage
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+50% Increased Attack Speed
+3-4 to Immolation Arrow (Amazon Only)
+3-4 to Cold Arrow (Amazon only)
+3-4 to Ice Arrow (Amazon only)
+30 to Freezing Arrow (Amazon Only)oskill
+5-7 to Enchant (Sorceress Only)
+5-7 to Chilling Armor (Sorceress Only)
Socketed (3)
+1-2 to all skills

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:02 pm 

Well I didn't touch amp levels on items but amp was changed back to be like lower resist so bosses arent lowered by 60% with 1 pt amp again. If this change isn't liked I can just adjust the bosses pdr formula so melee wont utterly destroy them but it can still be effective against trash as a 1 pointer. Just let me know if that's what you guys want.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:08 pm 

Question.... What is the big deal about going back to 1.21z??
Everyday in the channel someone is allways talking about how much better it was then...I really don't understand why 4 to 5 people have to dictate what they think is best when the best was allready done.... I really wish you people would just go around the realm in game abit a talk to some that are still around and that number gets smaller everyday cuz of this bullshit ( I can make a better patch crap).. I would rather play Hu for what it once was then what it is know and would like to see it end with some pride .... 8-)

Ohh btw the pole for 1.21z says it all... :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:20 pm 

Dude look up mancers posts if u don't believe that he said new patches must be based on current patch no reverting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:30 pm 

But the problem is this he put the mod in the communitys hands not just 4 or 5 of you ...And that pole speaks loudly or does it not... Really I don't care what Terry posted about going back to 1.21z..What I do care is whats best for Hu to survive another good season...You guys Have had long enough I think to fix what you all broke... 8-) ... Remmber this Line Terry said to ...Sence you want to play he said she said.... :lol: just try it out and after 6 months if its not good revert back...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 pm 

You guys do know this same shit happened to Aftermath ??? The constant i need to fix it complex .. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm 

No.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm 

Well if there is guys that want reset fine but make the ladder chars none ladder so the people that just came back like me can enjoy there toons they just got lvled... That would be fair alteast.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm 

I agree with Roth, I just came back about a month ago, got 2 chars in the 90's, I'd really like to keep em.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
The most recent version of HU would need to be used as a base for any changes...

Going back to 1.21z isn't an option.

There I even found the quote for you.

If you want to keep bringing it back up I suggest you download it and play it on single player.

The people working on the changes have asked for community feed back that would be EVERYONE not the same 4-5 people who seem to give a shit and take time to test and suggest changes besides QQ go back 1.21z.

The one thing I constantly see you bring up is skill charms. They aren't possible to balance with the size of the inventory and the massive influx of skills that are available on items.

Also the more you constantly bitch about how it's in the hands of the community I see no one being ignored in the suggestion section. Everything everyone has posted with serious intentions has and will be taken seriously and be considered and most likely implemented.

Asteroth wrote:
You guys Have had long enough I think to fix what you all broke... 8-)

Also. No just no.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm 

NO LADDER RESET JUST AN UPDATE FOR MORE PLAYABLE CHARS ATM. same ones are getting old and im sure there will be bugs let reset be for future update.

@Asteroth i didnt break shit but this current state sucks and if this helps balance then lets just move foward. I would like to see more content in future updates with minor changes here and there to chars.But ALL serious suggestions that are not blatantly op will be considered and more than likely added unless it conflicts with another change then decisions will need to be made on which would be better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:03 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Well if there is guys that want reset fine but make the ladder chars none ladder so the people that just came back like me can enjoy there toons they just got lvled... That would be fair alteast.. 8-)

I feel for those of you in this situation. I felt that way when the ladder reset last time, but the game don't wait for the stragglers! :P I didn't even get to spend my one and only zod last ladder. Ended up giving all my shit away and getting my chars pk'd by ben's sorc and starting fresh and it's been fun as hell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 pm 

LockDown wrote:

If you want to keep bringing it back up I suggest you download it and play it on single player.

The people working on the changes have asked for community feed back that would be EVERYONE not the same 4-5 people who seem to give a shit and take time to test and suggest changes besides QQ go back 1.21z.

TCP\IP 1.21z baby!!!!! :shock:

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 pm 

I know so many ego's on the line here .... :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 am 

the reins of history, back in the hands of Man!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 am 

Only question is. Do we have any changes that would break characters.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:43 am 

LockDown wrote:
Only question is. Do we have any changes that would break characters.

That is the question!

I understand people not wanting a reset due to joining recently or just got high levels, thats fine!

But people need to stop whining. This is a positive step towards a decent patch, which everyone should be involved in. 1.3b pretty much blows, sorry.

Im bored of your sob storys Asteroth

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:46 am 

Would have to have Kevin or Paul look over the change log to know if anything is going to break.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:48 am 

Yea man! I see you've been playing abit coty...........................................................

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 am 

Well you can make a char in sp current patch and get some levels ans skills. Then swap patch and the char will still work. No skill ids were altered nor itemstatcost.txt those are usually what breaks chars. I haven't updated the posted patch with anything that's been posted since Monday so I have to do that tonight before anything moves foward.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am 

Ahh right, sounds good! Maybe it will work without a reset then, and everybody will be happy (mostly..)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 am 

I'd wait to reset if it isn't breaking characters let it get a month to 2 months of testing on realms to identify game breaking things as people don't really do single player testing outside of a few people. This is the last hurrah before D3 fellas.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm 

Maybe for you man but d3 doesn't excite me anymore. Im down for adding content to the mod for next reset. Like dungeon under tristram ect....

But yeah realm test is they way to go since only a few test sp and it has really helped. Maybe get it finalized this week I can update the patch tonight but I need to know if people are content with it or if anything else should be changed/added.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:47 pm 

Has it been looked at to make things like Craniumbasher have at least lvl 3 amp as it's ctc? I see gores got taken to 5% ctc lvl5 amp no, so good deal. The 5% proc happens so irregularly though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 pm 

Haven't gotten any real suggestions for uniques but gores was a no brainer

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:12 pm 

If people give me a list I can go through and take a look but I'm not gonna dig through the uniques, runewords and sets and nitpick every item unless people think they need them. If I get a list I can do that much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm 

Amp procs can be tweaked alittle lvl 1 is now lower than current patch, maybe just up shitty ones like I did with gores b/c 1% ctc was bullshit.

How was cb perfoming with the new res? Does it really need to be upped like some are suggesting?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm 

CB is available on enough of the possible end game choices that I don't think it will be a problem. CB is touchy because too much and it's game breaking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 pm 

Good leave as is then. only item I would like to see changed is ribcracker all the negative stats on it just make it junk imo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 pm 

6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+100 Defense
+100% Enhanced Defense
+50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Increased Attack Speed
+100 to Durability
+25 Resist All

Could just do that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 pm 

LockDown wrote:
6% Chance of Crushing Blow
+100 Defense
+100% Enhanced Defense
+50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100 to Durability
+25 Resist All

Could just do that.

I hope that is a joke lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:02 pm 

just lower the res penalty on it and it will be fine, LockDown's suggestion is indeed abit weird....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:18 pm 

It wasn't a serious suggestion. IDK what to do with Ribcracker. I like it as a high CB wep but meh I've never seen anyone on SC use it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:19 am 

Would have used it but the res/stat penalties were a bit much.
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
+250 to Attack Rating
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+100 Defense
+100% Enhanced Defense
+50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100 to Durability
+15% Resist All
+5 to All Stats

Even if it was changed to this would be better than it is now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:32 am 

What effect will the changes have on mercs and minions? Will they also be able to melee better?
eg Act 2 and 5 mercs, assasin shadow warrior and master, amazon valk, necro skellies and golems, druid wolves and bear etc.
Need to ensure that these dont get too overpowered by any changes, though would be good to see a boost to druids furry friends

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 am 

summons will not be able to take bosses down, mercs haven't had thorough testing endgame. As it seems only a select few are actually willing to test I dont see this patch going anywhere beyond where its at now. All the suggestions are great but as we saw with blues patch just going crazy and changing alot without many people doing testing will just lead to some major imbalance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 pm 

Would be kinda cool to see a Zod rw helm and shield... Dream is okay but ehh..Just to add some new things in game... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Would be kinda cool to see a Zod rw helm and shield... Dream is okay but ehh..Just to add some new things in game... 8-)

I do agree some helm runewords would be awesome. Don't even have to be zodwords. I don't even pick up any druid pelts or barb helms to check the skills because there's no helm runeword I would care to make. I think dew already posted one suggestion of a summon druid helm rw that looked nice. I think I recall someone (Lockdown?) posting a melee druid one too. Would be cool to give some differentiation from the uni pelts and add more value to the white shells.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm 

Ya I thought of this the other night looking through all the rw's.. Seeing we have all the other gear covered in rws..Looking for something else to to use Zods with instead of Hwill War geddon and time... 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 am 

lol yeah i have 9 zods so i think zod helm or pally shield would be exquisite! or just a good endgame rw shield (say instead of hhg or holy freeze shield)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am 

I posted a Barb/Druid helm no feedback on it. This patch does include a shield I made for HolyZealers but what kind of shields are we talking caster melee? Also what kind of helms? Give me a general build idea and I'll see what I can come up with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 am 

Well, dew, can you post the Runewords on their final form? cant wait to try them on SP.
Also, last ladder i was defending avnegers really hard, and was the first thing i did when i Dled the patch today.
Thats one badass phoenix strikish vengeance. Gj. I jus't cant seem to find an excuse to fit it into paladin's lore tho.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 pm 

What's been added so far, oblivion was just changed rest of em are new

dew wrote:
Cataclysm
Flails
Level 90
Zod Ohm Gul Jah
Indestructible
+3 to All Skills
+(475 to 575)% Enhanced damage
1-500 Lightning Damage
Ignore Target Defense
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
15% Deadly Strike
+50% to Lightning Damage
-25% Lightning Pierce
+20 to Thunder Storm

Oblivion
+5 to Necromancer Skills
50% Faster Cast Rate
+30% to Poison Skills
-30 to Enemy Magic Resistance
50% Faster Mana Regen
+50 To Energy
5% Chance to Re-animate as Doom Knight
Indestructible
Ignore Target's Defense

My Idea for a Holy Aura Shield.
Tempest
Paladin Shields
Jah Cham Mal Jah
Level 5 Conviction on Equip
+40 to All Resists
+3 to Offensive Auras
35% Increased Chance of Blocking
+300% Enhanced Defense
45% Faster Hit Recovery
+200 Life
+200 Mana
Cannot Be Frozen
Magic Damage Reduced by 25

Nature's Kingdom
Um Jah Lum Mal
level 80 requirement
Druid Helms Only

+2 All Skills
Level 5-8 vigor on equip
+2-4 Spirit Wolves
+2-3 Dire Wolves
+1-2 Summon Grizzly
+25 to Dexterity
+15 to Energy
+30 to Mana
+10% Life
+10% Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
+20-30 all resistances

Unbending Will
Zod Io Ber Lum
Level 90 Requirement
Weapons Only

+2 to All Skills
+3 to Summoning Skills (Druid only)
+35% Faster Cast Rate
Resist All +20-30%
+30 to Energy
+60 to Mana
+30 to Vitality
+60 to Life
+5 to Fanaticism (OSkill)
2% Crushing Blow
Indestructible
(Changed to summon Druid weapon B/c Faith and Gskull takes care of summon necs pretty well)

Punishment
SurOhmVexLo
Level 70 Requirement
Helms Only

+3 Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
+300 to Attack Rating
+400 Defense
+20 to All Resistance
-8 to Enemy Magic Resists
-8 to Enemy Fire Resists
-8 to Enemy Lightning Resists
-8 to Enemy Cold Resists
25% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 250-500 Fire Damage
Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
Adds 1-1000 Lightning Damage
Adds 250-500 Cold Damage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm 

Vengeance was all kev I just added it. Let me know how it does I can tweak the aoe damage % if needed. Try the 2 runewords for it. It will allow you to run a 1pointed fanatiscm for better ias/ar and better aoe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:53 pm 

well, i tested zealot before avenger.
Items: eth mallet Sorrow, dscale with 3 Uber skulls, Tyraels with 4 uber Diamonds, CoA with 3 uber diamonds, Maras, double constrict, Steelrends/Draculs, Shadow dancers and Worldstone granite.
And it sucked so hard i almost jumped out of the bulding.
I hit 17k damage with fanta on, thats not that bad for a tank build, but even random hell packs on catacombs 2 were able to wear me down and eventually kill me, and in a5 i would get killed pretty fast by those pesky imps, even with all the mdr on the world. The damage still pretty bad i think, ima go test it against a boss, if i cant solo andy with that gear, it will be quite silly

Also, on the avenger helmet.
Maybe increase the pierce a bit? 8 is kinda low if you take into consideration its a runeword, and that the damage will be divided among the elements. I was thinking like 12 or 14 pierce. The rest seem awesome tho.

Edit: how silly i am thinking id be able to test andy. I've been zealing tobial for the last two minutes and his hp bar has yet to hit his name. The bears died ridiculously fast tho, i wonder how much physical resistance and DR he still has.

Edit2; ill leave the first edit there so people can laugh at me, but he spawned physical immune. Decrep from sorrow was keeping it invisible. Ima go test again.

Edit3: WOAH physical damage now works
Tobial's hp was dropping like hell, but somehow he managed to one hit me inbetween zeals (dat zeal bug that makes you miss all hte five hits if the first misses) With 73% physical res, 140 DR 256 fire resist and 21 fire absorb, i hvae no idea what did so much damage (i have really low hp btw, no oak no bo 230 pts on str... 3200 hp. Ill try again then test the avenger when i get home from college.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:00 pm 

Andy shouldn't be too bad dury and beyond it steps up a bit. Dury mostly because of the his smite, but meph/dia/baal well they are prime evils gotta be harder that the lesser evils

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:53 pm 

Quote:
i hvae no idea what did so much damage
Iron maiden counter, you can't survive that when you have high dps, one of the reasons melee in this game/mod is not existing. Everything that matters is either PI or have IM counter. Crushing blow saved melee from being total disaster for few ladders, with it gone(10% cb vs with 80% to hit and 60% to block) melee chars are just good for taking andy down and few bosses that other chars do in 20sec.

But don't even propose to remove/nerf IM, that kind of stuff is always nuked by someone saying that there are many ways of avoiding it. It doesn't matter that nothing else in this game can kill you instantly (except Soulmancer's umbalanced skills and few LoS bosses when doing it without proper party buffs)

It's also cool that a char with the best gear in game can kill 85lvl boss, shows just how OP melee is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm 

Well, i dont remember ever getting IM'ed by tobial, but its surely much easier to do damage than it was last patch. I remember not being able to do anything with melee in hell, and even having the best gear on the game, it's nice to be able to kill something ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 pm 

I'd cut the things that actually cast IM down.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm 

Just thought about a great (and probably kinda simple) addition.

- Make arrows/bolts stacks bigger (or even better replenish)
- Instead of a yellow arrow symbole appearing when ~50-75 and red <25, make it so it shows the number of arrows you have, or each 25 plateau, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 pm 

Duality wrote:
Just thought about a great (and probably kinda simple) addition.

- Make arrows/bolts stacks bigger (or even better replenish)
- Instead of a yellow arrow symbole appearing when ~50-75 and red <25, make it so it shows the number of arrows you have, or each 25 plateau, etc.

1.)Pretty sure max stack size is 511

2.)Not a bad idea

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 am 

im not sure if this is possible but in relation to durability is it possible to make it get used slower? or have umm... this might not make sense but weapons repair themselves when getting used. so say ur running tundra on a zealer, the weapon will repair itself slowly through fighting and attacking, but it wont regenerate at a rate that will allow eth weapons etc to be used constantly. so not be repaired on duration but through hits. so say every 30 hits takes 1 durability, have it heal 1 durability every 50 successfull hits you make? just to make repairing less common. could have the same for armors etc and getting hit repairs slowly (again not at a rate that allows eth items to live)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 am 

Overkill wrote:
well, i tested zealot before avenger.
Items: eth mallet Sorrow, dscale with 3 Uber skulls, Tyraels with 4 uber Diamonds, CoA with 3 uber diamonds, Maras, double constrict, Steelrends/Draculs, Shadow dancers and Worldstone granite.
And it sucked so hard i almost jumped out of the bulding.
I hit 17k damage with fanta on, thats not that bad for a tank build, but even random hell packs on catacombs 2 were able to wear me down and eventually kill me, and in a5 i would get killed pretty fast by those pesky imps, even with all the mdr on the world. The damage still pretty bad i think, ima go test it against a boss, if i cant solo andy with that gear, it will be quite silly

Also, on the avenger helmet.
Maybe increase the pierce a bit? 8 is kinda low if you take into consideration its a runeword, and that the damage will be divided among the elements. I was thinking like 12 or 14 pierce. The rest seem awesome tho.

Edit: how silly i am thinking id be able to test andy. I've been zealing tobial for the last two minutes and his hp bar has yet to hit his name. The bears died ridiculously fast tho, i wonder how much physical resistance and DR he still has.

Edit2; ill leave the first edit there so people can laugh at me, but he spawned physical immune. Decrep from sorrow was keeping it invisible. Ima go test again.

Edit3: WOAH physical damage now works
Tobial's hp was dropping like hell, but somehow he managed to one hit me inbetween zeals (dat zeal bug that makes you miss all hte five hits if the first misses) With 73% physical res, 140 DR 256 fire resist and 21 fire absorb, i hvae no idea what did so much damage (i have really low hp btw, no oak no bo 230 pts on str... 3200 hp. Ill try again then test the avenger when i get home from college.

Ur whining zeal still pretty weak when my zeal rapes shit pretty much out of everything except act end bosses. I would say ur look at gear is too conservative. I'v got 10k hp and 20k dmg. No bo no oak. As shield using exile/sanctuary rw, armor War RW, helm Veil of steel, wsk granite, steel rends and shadowdancers, plus 12 20hp sc, which is pretty low counting i have way more on my chars on realm. and sorrow rw as weapon. Raped andy in 30 or 40 sec, tobial no problem also. A2 was easy till duriel, a3 piece of cake till meph( even durance was quite easy), a4 a bit problematic with marliths but nothing too scary, a5 tundra in good speed like for mele.

I dont know why ppl always think tyraels/95-ers and coa are best when they not. My zealer near 10k hp, 20k dmg and 130k def, and ress round point when i get immune to lr.Amy was mara and rings constrict x2. Actualy i can easly do leoric when using sanctuary shield.

Also CB is still not noticable nearly enough to be used over high dmg weapon. 10% cb is still not enough to make it count.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 am 

btw. keep in mind that monsters on realm have 50% more hp. Clientside file is still set for 2ppl minimum.

Quote:
My zealer near 10k hp, 20k dmg and 130k def, and ress round point when i get immune to lr.Amy was mara and rings constrict x2.
means he's finished. He should clear trash fast, that would be something wrong if a char in an ultimate gear struggled against fallens.
Quote:
I dont know why ppl always think tyraels/95-ers and coa are best when they not.
Tyrael goes for melee ama/barb/mercs only, +inc stamina on druids/dins is way better than 4 sockets and 232 str req. Veil of steel now should be much better for defense thanks to +iron skin but CoA still beats it once you hit more than 70k def. When you walk nothing can hit you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 am 

how much damage in % does bosses and monsters im return?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 am 

Maybe the reason people are not testing it is cuz there isn't many left here to test this....And again I ask why is it such a big deal to go back to 1.21z the last patch that worked and had many people playing it..I don't see any of this working at all ....after 2 years Its just one excuse after another..
Blue and the dev team fuck it up the first time and Kev for the second round how many rounds of this are we to go through 4-5 maybe 6 more patchs ..And before you give me more bullshit go look and see for your self in the realm status area and see how many are playing...And really I don't care about the he said she said crap so don't bring up that kinda crap cuz its old... The reason i'm saying this again because you guys are putting the best d2 mod into the ground and it bugs the fuck out of me to watch .. Sence I have bean here(05)I never seen such such a stupid move as these last 2 patchs they are by far the worst this mod has ever seen ... Lets Give a big thx to Jarl for him starting this 2 years ago just like he did with Trevor's Aftermath.... GREAT JOB.... :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 am 

Yeah, these last 2 patches have sucked.

Hence why we need this patch to go down. We based the idea of doing this patch off of all of the flaws we felt everyone was feeling.

I.e balance, and making more builds usable. It's a simple concept IMO, dews done a great job so far!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:46 am 

Okay fine and dandy.... I want to see more rewards ... Rewards is what keeps people playing the game so here it is for the last time...

Get rid of soul shards for skills.. As it is now there silly to grind for(dury comes to mind here) Now to grind that shard right you need to rush a bot to a2 hell and have him always stay there .. Question to that isn't that exploiting the game? The other problem with these is this the nobody likes rushing but you have more lvl 99's in place's they shouldn't be ..

So I propose bring back skill gc's at lvl 90 they can only drop in hell wsk and on ... Don't let them drop in hell cows..Before Kev bash's me again for this its about rewards and watching your toon grow in power after lvl 99..
This is what will seperate the men from the boys and again its rewarding..

Unnerf Sob and put there lvl's back where they were on the gear they where on.. I find a lvl 85 ammy with a lvl 8 sob just stupid and it makes Metal grid useless..Lvl 8 sob on a wisp ring wtf the only ring that is higher lvl then that is con...

NERF HEAVENS WILL...Let me guess Blue made this wep cuz its so Op its sick.. The plus 5 to all skill should be plus 3 to pally skills to keep healer bo bots undercontroll.. Don't even get me started on how Op Hwill is with a ce necro geez..

psn necro's and bone necro's both should be 80 point builds not 60 as they are now...This will controll there dmg till end game not as it is now at lvl 60ish there just maiming nm...

Psn jav should some how be made a 80 point build aswell..

The cooldown on Blades(necro) needs to be increased abit just like decoy was.. And I find the cooldown on decoy to short for how good that tank is..

IRON MAIDEN.... This curse should only be casted by Diablo and Baal no other boss in game and at that Iron Maiden's backlash dmg should be cut inhalf so melee can still get up and personal with these two boss's without having there ass's insta piffed..

Here is an issue that no one talks about .. How about all the shotty imaging .. Some weps from blues great redone gear pics are really bad and there are some that are okay... The ones that really stick out here are the weps that don't even line up right in your inventory they overcut into the item slots and sometimes even worse...

2 new Zod rune words 1 for a helm and 1 for a shield..

I know you will all hate this but get rid of that mancer boss ... Like really how many are going to kill him on Hc with out god modding ....Having a lvl 101 charm that almost no hc player can get there hands on itsn't a good idea at all cuz it gives hc no reward really for hitting 101... Lol what I hit 101 go after Mancer and there goes my 101....We should come up with a better plan for a 101 charm that all even Hc can obtain..

Bring Ci back to melee like it once was... And yes Kev I do know that ci is still obtainable but here is the problem with that.. Before full ci there was no pulse to it now there is and with sob's nerf there is still a great chance of a melee getting a mass Im from Cow king Diablo Baal ex....

Counters on Baals minoins and diablo's lag way to much.. And ya Kev I know they don't hit as hard but still not everyone in the community has a super pc that can handle all the lag and its even worse in 8 player spawns...

Make all facets 3/6 but much more rare.. Reason farming leo for 8 hours and having 30 plus crappy facets is not my idea of fun when your doing that grind and again its not very rewarding..

Anni.... ( Lmao what the hell does he want changed on this) ... Well its the res on it .. Change its res range 25-35 res all this will help bows and 2 handed hitters with there res late game ... Remmber you can only get this charm after killing Baal so I don't see the problem with it having better res to help these builds...

Los... The drood needs alittle nerf as he is now he is abit overkill... Again having to lvl a toon just to kill one thing in the game isn't very rewarding infact its just stupid..

And I really don't think summon droods need a new helm rw ... They have pleanty to work with as it is allready just like ele droods same thing..Making another rw for these builds will begin to make them unbalanced..

Melee is already covered so no need to bring that up..

One thing I think would be neat is making the online realm when making games they all have to be open... This will push for more partys and better meet and greet and create new friend base's... Not like it will happen I just think it sucks seeing 1 open game on Sc and 20 priv and the same for hc aswell...

And the most important thing is when this patch is done it should be beta tested on the realm .. I understand you can test in sp and you can set the diffaculty but one wrong % and guess what all your testing means nothing.. Going live and testing saves these issues... If we were to have a beta test for this I would like to see it last a good month or better..

And last if all is good in the end and the Hu is back to its former glory we need to send out the word around to all the d2 sights and let them know that Hu is back and still is the best d2 mod out there....

Well enough of me typing for awile cheers.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm 

Can we come to a consensus about this patch? Can someone contact duff and see if he's willing to put this patch up on the servers without a reset, so we can get some real testing done. And if it sucks we'll adjust it accordingly, but right now nothing is happening.
The poll says more for then against so can we move this patch forward, please!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:10 pm 

Verb wrote:
Can we come to a consensus about this patch? Can someone contact duff and see if he's willing to put this patch up on the servers without a reset, so we can get some real testing done. And if it sucks we'll adjust it accordingly, but right now nothing is happening.
The poll says more for then against so can we move this patch forward, please!

+1!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 pm 

the reason im not doing testing is because i dont want a reset. if we can arrange to do the patch without a reset then ill be willing to put in my 2 cents worth

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:26 pm 

No matter how many times I say no reset you still use it as an excuse. So if you don't want to test before its on realm then don't complain about it when things aren't to your liking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:40 pm 

Dew sp testing is not a proper way to test this what part of this don't you understand...Putting testing in the hands of people in sp can very easliy turn into a big can of worms fast... This is why many if not all mmo's do beta testing on live servers...Look at the last 2 patchs they were all sp tested and what did we get ??..

BETA TEST IS THE ONLY WAY....Put the patch up and have a month for the community to test the patch properly..After thats done make proper ajustments and then spread the word if the patch is good to bring the people back that left and gain new players.. 8-)

As far as poll's go what about the 1.21z poll... Ohh thats right we can't do that cuz 3 to 4 people say we can't but the rest wanted it...Thats why I say this is all about ego now... Cuz you guys cannot be proovin wrong.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 pm 

Asteroth wrote:

As far as poll's go what about the 1.21z poll... Ohh thats right we can't do that cuz 3 to 4 people say we can't but the rest wanted it...Thats why I say this is all about ego now... Cuz you guys cannot be proovin wrong.. 8-)

Why not go back to a base of 1.21z and then build off that, instead of continuing to polish a turd in the hopes that somehow its going to fix all the shit that is out of whack. :oops:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 pm 

no shit really realm test? i have said that many times so thx for the heads up. Btw Sp testing has caught some things that could have been major issues so its not entirely useless. Revert? idc its Mancer who said no reverting not me man. I just figured instead of giving up on the mod I could put something back into if for the little bit of time I'll still be here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:06 am 

Nazgul wrote:
Asteroth wrote:

Why not go back to a base of 1.21z and then build off that, instead of continuing to polish a turd in the hopes that somehow its going to fix all the shit that is out of whack. :oops:

Totally agree

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm 

Dew did you ever know how much work went into that patch 1.21z ?
This patch was a major one done in 07 that was beta tested ...7 months of great work and balancing ex....
Then terry after about a year and half made the decision to make it easier to bring in more people to the game and make it more rewarding...

If you want great mod revert to 1.21z and undo what Terry did to make it easier its that simple...1 change the spawn from 2 back to 4 spawn...2 flag all the tp's like there were..3 This would be new make the skill gc's lvl 90 and only drop from wsk and on and not in hell cows..
Thing is I said to do this when Jarl and his dev crew wanted to completely change Hu cuz to them the mod was to easy and I explained why Terry did what he did but did it matter what anyone of us said to Jarl hell no ..

P.S. And yes I will continue to live in the past and give you a history lesson.. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:24 pm 

yo asteroth you act like dew has been making all the decisions since 1.21z. He's trying to move the mod forward in a positive fashion however he can. You seem to think he is the one who decides if we revert or not. Give the man some credit for actually doing some shit instead of just talking about it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:44 pm 

Lmao Slappy you can think what you want thats fine.. But when there is a poll before this one and it speaks loudly shouldn't we listen to it..Here is the question why would you continue fixing a broken patch when there is a easy fix to all the problems? I'm for what the hole community wants not just the same 6 people dictating there ways all the time...

this was Staighted by Terry ... Hu is in the hands of the community now... We being the community.. Not what 6 people want and how they want it..

Why would I want to fix all of this when there is a simple solution to it all?

Maybe you all should try 1.21z before Terry made the changes just to see how hard and rewarding it was.. Before you give me anymore bullshit about fixing a dead horse go and see for your self and then maybe your eyes will open up.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm 

you seem to be ignoring the poll in this thread lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 pm 

Yeah I played then and b4 that era I was on the old forums. Remeber having immortal valks and bladesins were fotm? They were good times hell, I still make bladesins. This is what we have now so I can help improve it or you can mod it( I'd like to see that poll). Reverting wont bring as many new players as adding/changing content. How long do you think the mod will live if its stuck at1.21z forever?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 pm 

Dew if he wants to keep bitching don't do anything. Let him install 1.21z and play IP games all day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Lmao Slappy you can think what you want thats fine.. But when there is a poll before this one and it speaks loudly shouldn't we listen to it..Here is the question why would you continue fixing a broken patch when there is a easy fix to all the problems? I'm for what the hole community wants not just the same 6 people dictating there ways all the time...

this was Staighted by Terry ... Hu is in the hands of the community now... We being the community.. Not what 6 people want and how they want it..

Maybe you all should try 1.21z before Terry made the changes just to see how hard and rewarding it was.. Before you give me anymore bullshit about fixing a dead horse go and see for your self and then maybe your eyes will open up.. 8-)

Jeeeez. You are the most annoying dude ever.... seriously, just shut the fuck up for 5 minutes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm 

jaykayrox wrote:
Jeeeez. You are the most annoying dude ever.... seriously, just shut the fuck up for 5 minutes.

but ranting is entertaining?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:08 am 

Asteroth wrote:

You sir, (I use the term loosely) are an idiot. HU in that patch (1.21z) was far too easy. 1.3a was fubard to say the least, and 1.3b was a good step. I do not agree with some of the proposed changes for the up coming patch, but it is better in the testing I've done so far. If you used that thing called a brain, you'd see that the majority of people giving feedback have played since 1.21z and before so they know all about how it was. If you bothered to read back before 1.3b came out, Terry said 1.21z was dead and buried and would not be resurrected no matter what any poll said.

The changes needed for the patch to be viable are rather small, but we will get more than we really need. People keep asking for build A to be brought on par with build B because build B works well vs bosses. While build A is only good for trash. I'll reiterate a sentiment: not all builds are good for bosses, and not all are good for trash, and that is as it should be. We simply cannot build skills to do all things or the game gets boring. The idea of an AoE for vengance comes to mind here, not a fan really. Too many people want to be able to simply left-click their way thru the game. 1.3b has many good features compared to 1.21z, rolling skillers was tedious as fuck.

IMO, we go live and work out the kinks, but we go forwards into the future, not regress into a past best left behind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:44 am 

1.21 was unbalanced, more or less as 1.3a was. All psn necs, smiters, tk sorcs, maybe windy druids (34k nado I had) that's all. Approach that melee got was ill-fated, casters became somehow viable, psn chars became boring. We now have a caster/psn unleashed not because they're so OP, only because melee is not worth even thinking of.

Melee in every game I played so far was somehow rewarding in end game, you customize it to the limits and it pays off, it's not like you're doing things you couldn't before, you just do it faster with the same risk of falling. I fucking had to replay my last ff12izjs because my main balthier dpser was a black mage doing 30k+ -ga spells dmg! ofc he 2 hit killed garbanth but it was so boring I couldn't even reach 50mln hp yiazmat, I'm now happy with my berserkered samurai doing 3000dmg x 10. (something like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LZcsHyqwI8) /offtopic

In 1.21 things looked pretty much the same, you built melee around CB, going pure phys was somehow unrewarding, I had a zealer with an eth 600+% berserker axe that was using 1point smite and healing a1phys merc because zealing tundra took 4days. I had a ww barb with 49k ww who couldn't kill andy without nec because I went 100%ds 10%cb route(I had suspicious something is wrong when I couldn't kill off andy when she had 1/10000 hp left and amp went off, but never looked into files before 1.3 melee fiasco ) , I saw 100lvl fury druid(yours, Chuck) trying his best to clear tundra but 1point CE did it better. I can't even think of any aspect what 1.21 had better than 1.3b has now. Maybe for some rolling minimum of 15 gcs for a char to be viable or gearing to teeth with their melee to kill fallens was balanced but for most of us it wasn't. And ofc melee was fine because everyone had a psn nec with 80%amp doing 400k psn strike dmg with 5skillers, yet everyone pretended they needed melee for something. Ah Andy(guardian was being killed by a1phys merc anyway), right.

Just stop lying to us and yourself that 1.21 was somehow better, it wasn't. my 2 cents.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm 

Qwazym wrote:
jaykayrox wrote:

but ranting is entertaining?

Yeah, it is... when Lee does it lol.... but this guy just moanssss and moanssss. ZZZZZz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm 

Lol 1.21 was the most balanced Hu ever was ... Sad Terry had to make it easier because people were bitching it was to hard in 07.. Don't know were you people are getting your info from but what ever..Thing was in that patch all had a equal chance at killing that to me is balance.. Inbalance's are when only 3 builds are killers ..Inbalances are when nubs take away all the things that make builds work.. Taking the rewards away and make it just a silly grind with nothing to show for in the end is stupid..Everyone having the same builds is lame and shows no contrast to the game...And if the game(Hu)has no contrast and diversity the game(Hu) won't survive..

So skill gc's are so Op please explain this.. The fact that you can watch you char grow in power at end game to me just seporates the men from the boys.... I said in 06 to make them lvl 90 so they are harder to find but will still make the game(HU)rewarding...

If you continue down this path Hu as we know it will become the next Aftermath...And you guys should stop calling it Hell Unleashed and rename it The Jarl,Blue,Kev and Dew experance..... :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:41 pm 

My lvl 100 drood couldn't kill in tundra thats funny as hell... And to remind you Paul I hate tundra the lag sucks the drops suck there aswell.. My place's to grind were Abyss and wsk and I still run in those same place's.. Ask some people like Naz, Exteme and Pious were I grind my toons at i'm sure they will tell ya.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:19 pm 

If you are so awsome than riddle me this.If you entered a spelling be and it was life or death would you survive?

Before you keep going on and on about the same shit you do realize that everything in the patch I posted came from the community right? Sorry bud but community>Asteroth. If one person posts a suggestion it is considered then when people show opposition for said new ideas they aren't going to happen. Atleast not by me but you a free to mod. Even with that cleared up I know you will keep this up. So have you even tried it at all before passing judgement? If not then you have no merit here with this shit you post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:40 pm 

All in favor of renaming the mod Trolling Asteroth?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 am 

LockDown wrote:
All in favor of renaming the mod Trolling Asteroth?

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 am 

So... The thread kinda derailed into flame wars.
I myself think that those changes are pretty healthy to the game, bringing melee back into play, and that those 30 people that voted is all the votes we will get, more or less.
Well, 66% is kind of a majority so i think we should get one of the hosts here to see if its possible to implement it without a reset, or just reset it if needed.
Thats my opinion :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 pm 

Overkill wrote:
I myself think that those changes are pretty healthy to the game, bringing melee back into play, and that those 30 people that voted is all the votes we will get, more or less.
Well, 66% is kind of a majority so i think we should get one of the hosts here to see if its possible to implement it without a reset, or just reset it if needed.

I second this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 pm 

Verb wrote:
Overkill wrote:

I second this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 am 

Zikur wrote:
Verb wrote:
Overkill wrote:

I second this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am 

Well pm sent hopefully an answer soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am 

dew wrote:
Remove phys resist from boss hats and add pdr

How much was removed? All of it? How much PDR was added in its place?
dew wrote:
Add mdr to bosses to control dmg overtime skills like psn and fire

How much MDR was added? was the fire absorb reduced to compensate? How will this effect low damage elemental spells?
dew wrote:
Fixed poison spray facets

How so?
dew wrote:
Increased mercenary ai range

Anyone that doesnt use teleport and has a melee merc KNOWS this is probably a bad idea.
dew wrote:
Increase frozen orb range

How much?
dew wrote:
Change vengeance to be viable

How so?
dew wrote:
Change casting animations for chain lightning and lightning to be faster

How so? Same casting speeds as other skills? So max is now 7fpa for lightning and CL? If so, thats completely OP for lightning and counter productive for CL due to NHD being 8.
dew wrote:
skele mages----> now skeleton archers max of 8

I take it they now do physical damage? Is their damage progression the same as skellies? If not, whats the formula.
dew wrote:
Wc changed to 50% mag 50% phys

I looked at your edits, and you have the main skill itself as 1/2 n 1/2, however all the synergys are %damage and no % magic damage. Maybe go back and change all synergys to 15%phys and 15% magic.
dew wrote:
Bone spirit mana cost tweak

How so?
dew wrote:
Passive life boosts increased

Which? How much?
dew wrote:
Impale changed to behave like Barbarians berserk and damage% per level changed to 70% from 75%

So far the only change I really find productive.
dew wrote:
Added 2 Runewords intended to for summon Druids

Stats? Runes? Base items?
dew wrote:
Added 3 Runewords intended for ele Zealers

Stats? Runes? Base items?
dew wrote:
Changed Oblivion Runeword

How so?

dew wrote:
tweaking the affix mods for better rares/crafts
item tweaks
crafting tweaks
Things undone need more feed back and suggestions for me to change them

Needs a LOT more info here. What did you do?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm 

Will be updated to night most of the questions have been answered in the thread just haven't consolidated It all to one spot.
For warcry its just the skill description that is off I missed that but all the calcs are there and it syns the same as physical dmg.
poison spray facets no longer cause counters from the proc
skellie archers are physical dmg
Life buffs are remaining the same no changes
mdr isn' going on bosses
all physical res removed from boss hats
pdr formula works based on bosses phys res for nightmare and hell. Less phys resist they have the more pdr they gain.
for norm it's a static amount based on bosses level
merc ai range is adjusted only for a1 and a3 mercs
at work right now the res I can answer/compile the answers later

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:36 pm 

I hope it's not too late to propose things.
1)For pally venger i always thought it would be a great idea to make him Area Effect ( from median xl), considering that Vengeance is a big Skill points sacrifice.

2) Enchant sorcs have been nerfed over the last patches. Nerfed from removing Phyz a1 merc and some summons on items. To repare this it would be cool to add an enchant RW, something that gives a + oskill summon "OR" Zeal oskill and Life on striking. Summon that is limited to few mosnters, like single ones like fire golem, bear or wolves.

3)For barbs, singers are good but crappy to play because they kill slowly and have to walk melee to cast and they cant get Life leach from it... what dunno... make Leap attack do a Shock Wave( War cry) when landing and this works for LL.

I know some ideas look silly but im trying to give life into unused skillz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:31 pm 

There are way too many kinks in this list for it to be implemented any time soon.

Making a skelemancer only melee rather than making magi stronger for one. Reducing the number of archers....how long is this trend going to continue? Summon necs are getting worse and worse at the only function they actually performed well. Making a veritable wall to hide behind, and getting some CE's off in the process.

They are already a underused class. The last patch the number of melee skeles was simply reduced because of soft point issues (totally understandable). Summoners just got screwed (not understandable at all).

Nobody complained that they were over powered. 1pt skeles + lots of skills was overpowered.

Magi hp were corrected, and some ele buff was given. Have people even bothered with trying magi? They still really shit? Fine, give an actual buff that puts them on par with their sword-swinging cousins. Changing them to melee instead is pointless. It will just make people say 'we need even less skeles, cuz having ranged melee is broken' or the like.

'The real change that should have been made ages ago is to make the poison one magic instead.

I will let others argue over some of the other changes. Some are fine to me. I am pretty wary of the game altering ones, but am not totally dissuaded by that alone.

We didn't attain everything that was wanted out of the last patch, but I am not sure how much of this list actually solves some of those issues. I don't see how the core melee issue is resolved. I mainly see alternative builds be opened up by several changes. (not bad, just not solving what needs to be).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm 

Skels number was reduce to prevent the servers from lagging.
Thats why we have DK over revives, shorter and fewer hydras, oskill auras remove and mostly all Summon oskill removed.

Oh and, about my list of ideas..
4) Making hydras shoot Fireballs instead of bolts. it would cover the lack created by the lenght and number reduce in last patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:05 pm 

Hydra shoots both firebolt and fireball
Archers number was reduced because they were very powerful at first and they attack quicker than warriors increasing the dps output of summon necs significantly. and yes magi still suck damage wise

melee can damage bosses now although some sub bosses they are a little strong but against the prime evils they still need amp to do significant damage. even without amp the can do some damage

@furycury
the last thing you quoted wasnt done that's why it isnt blue in my other post. I 'm not touching that shit without alot of input. all changes made have come from those willing to suggest and test

Updated notes in other thread

Last edited by dew on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm 

dew wrote:
Hydra shoots both firebolt and fireball
Ya but only FB would be nice because you have to also consider that hydra are not affected by player's fcr
dew wrote:
Archers number was reduced because they were very powerful at first and they attack quicker than warriors increasing the dps output of summon necs significantly.

Sorry im new to this patch. Do i understand that the patch is available to DL and test?
And it would be awesome to have Archer Skeleton summon oskill for enchantress XD

By the way thx for the patch work dude

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:42 am 

Were these changes included in this patch?

1) Fix max summon count on necro skele mage description.
2) Reduce mat duration to fixed 50 from 100 + 25 per lvl to drastically reduce Moloch's Lag.
3) Set catapult AI to idle to kill their lag once and for all.
4) Double character gold carrying capacity.
5) Quadruple stash gold storing capacity.
6) Reduce decoy cool down time to 7 seconds.
7) Properly adjust merc AI/missiles
8) Adjust druid spirit AI to prevent it from getting too close constantly for a melee.
9) Implement statfix plugin to fix potential display bugs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 pm 

All done except mat duration and spirit ai still tinkering with that one. The dlls are rdy to go just not included in test patch yet. Catapults weren't killed just greatly increased their ai delay.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:52 pm 

werent mage replaced by archers ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm 

Yes but the description is fixed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 pm 

Schmall question... do Phyz a1 merc come back? they were my best friends as a Enchanter with their Multi.
And are the Skell archers Only phyz or they use like explosive arrow,Frozen arrow.

Give you my first HR if you implement skell archer oskill on a sorc item and have skell archers shoot explosive arrow XD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm 

Sexcalibure wrote:
Schmall question... do Phyz a1 merc come back? they were my best friends as a Enchanter with their Multi.
And are the Skell archers Only phyz or they use like explosive arrow,Frozen arrow.

Give you my first HR if you implement skell archer oskill on a sorc item and have skell archers shoot explosive arrow XD

ya how about multishot skelli archers with exploding arrows... :roll:

I have suggested before I think it would be cool to bring back phys mercs, but do strafe or guided instead of multi

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:23 pm 

Im ok with strafe a1 merc, i just want something that can spread my enchant sorc's enchant to more than 1 target at a time

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:31 pm 

Sexcalibure wrote:
Im ok with strafe a1 merc, i just want something that can spread my enchant sorc's enchant to more than 1 target at a time

sounds like you need a enchant bitch and a summon necro, NOT a sorc with oskill skelli archers lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm 

Alone the enchant sorc is useless because it cant tank and can only attack 1 target at a time.

2 options to help the built( because its fun to have the built in ur team, but nobody wants to do it because when ur a enchant sorc everybody can solo runs and boss, beside you):

Give enchant sorc tankability
or
Give em summons to do the tank job

I tryed to get summons for mine:
1oskill on Harmony (Valk)... it sucks it dont even last 3sec in fight
the rest is charges
Golems dont last much longer than Valk
Only DK on harmony worth something

but still charges or oskill are always on a very low grade RW or unique so is affects the char allot

Last edited by Sexcalibure on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm 

just give ur enchant sorc a knife to attack enemies...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

ki4m wrote:

Not viable
1)takes allot of hit to kill a ''normal'' monster in Hell
2)to get a good AR you lose allot of power which makes 1 worse

For a Single target attacking char you atleast must have big damage to compensate the lack of mass-attack. Throwing stuff is not a solution

I once tryed Hellrack, it works OK but you kill the char just to get the STR and Dex

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm 

they've changed throwing knives, they got a small aoe attack now on impact. Its pretty fucking awesome

You should try out what people are suggesting before giving your uninformed opinion about it...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm 

They should say it been change to Area Effet in first place...
Not everybody had or have the time to follow the changes one by one

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm 

A whopping 24 views on the download page of dew's patch. Seems to be a lot of people with opinions, wonder why they don't try the patch.. hmmm

Change log and download here
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5429

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm 

Sexcalibure wrote:
or

see the problem with this is that this would also buff every other kind of sorc and if u make them tank or give them summons, imagine a blizz sorc with the same things u want, and fa to make things tanker again, then the insane damage they already have, it just wouldnt do.

Sexcalibure wrote:
ki4m wrote:

Not viable
1)takes allot of hit to kill a ''normal'' monster in Hell
2)to get a good AR you lose allot of power which makes 1 worse

For a Single target attacking char you atleast must have big damage to compensate the lack of mass-attack. Throwing stuff is not a solution

I once tryed Hellrack, it works OK but you kill the char just to get the STR and Dex

just run round with a bloody rc bow

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:48 pm 

Qwazym wrote:
Sexcalibure wrote:
or

see the problem with this is that this would also buff every other kind of sorc and if u make them tank or give them summons, imagine a blizz sorc with the same things u want, and fa to make things tanker again, then the insane damage they already have, it just wouldnt do.

You dont have a big imagination...
If you make a RW for orbs that gives :
1)area effect damage
2)instead of + skill or + Ele% dmg, you add + 2000-3000 fire damage
3)Life on striking

+ you can add any Sorb, resist, DR,+life,mana,etc that you want, casting sorc wont want it because it would kill their dps because there of (2)

this makes the dmg viable, gives tankability.
you can get tankability by 2 ways... resistance or leach

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:01 pm 

or by heaving a healer, cuz leech penalty and IM make leech quite useless..

anyway you'd be propably better off using a new knife than go zealing with a sorc atleast vs trash it will be quite good with knives..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm 

I even wouldn't mind some suggestions for the unique throwing knives. They kinda suck atm

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:01 am 

Sexcalibure wrote:
werent mage replaced by archers ?

Do people really think that this is a good idea? If so, please explain why archers should be physically based. It's not been answered, and I would really like the motivation behind it...minus magi suck...if that is what you are stuck with thinking, please iterate why they cannot be fixed to be worth a shit (yes we all know the poison one blows...change it).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 am 

well, I think the archers are a good idea..
1st cause it will encourage Necromancers to use AD as main curse, cuz most nec builds are already better off using LR as Main Curse than using AD...
2nd I really liked them while testing, way better than mages and they also gain bonusses from Auras like might/fana etc as the Skeleton Warriors do, wich makes them more usefull too

the build is now lacking a bit of ele dmg, but I don't think it's needed anyway, also you could use golems/mercs for elemental dmg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:04 am 

magi are very hard to scale with warriors damage wise b/c magi do not benefit from fanaticism/concentration/or amp
plus their missiles cause lag, arrows don't

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 pm 

Magi get benefit from LR and conviction.
The lack of use of (maxed) Amp is twofold. Neither have to do with summons directly. 1) 'builds of the week' are elemental as of now
2) amp's scaling is still only suited for 1 pt wonder (looks like you have tried to remedy this in the rescaling)

Skelesummoners do not have the points to invest in golems to the point where they will be useful. Maxed mastery, or 1 golem is all that you have room for...and that is assuming 1 pt amp. Leaving this as their only option is lackluster imo.

Why not change the missiles from the magi, or use resurrected monster versions of the ele skeles. Do these cause the same issues? The max number of skeletons has already been reduced pretty heavily for summoners. I am not sure how much I buy that magi are still a source of hella lag.

And I will bet you a nickel that ranged phys attacks will eventually be looked at as over powered.

I know I have been critical on this one. Please take it as constructive, even if you may not agree. (I know that a bit of work was done to make the archers work like you wanted...it's a cool idea, i just don't know if it's a good idea).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:39 pm 

a Hydra sorc is basically an enchant sorc <_<

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:51 pm 

with the skele archers being melee its probly not a good idea cause this will also make rushing alot easier and faster with a char that can already do it comfortably, it will just rape trash faster is all it will acheive (which is already does as a fast rate)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 pm 

Not really...
Hydra sorc needs 5x 20 skill to be maxed:
itself,3synergy and fire mastery

of course you got max chant with this but in fact you are not a real enchant sorc

Enchant sorc is:
enchant+2 synergy+mastery+ FA/mana shield

Im a pro chanter but hydra needs love too, because of its low DMG + the fact that it makes counters

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm 

Buffin mages damage will have the same effect on rushing.

Why don't we compromise and go with ele arrows. Then again an immune monster you have a choice to use amp or lr.

Idea
give em 50% ele damage and 50% physical damage
fire arrow
ice arrow
lite arrow
magic arrow
with the missile functions I can use for this they can still benefit from auras and deal ele damage

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm 

dew wrote:
Buffin mages damage will have the same effect on rushing.

Why don't we compromise and go with ele arrows. Then again an immune monster you have a choice to use amp or lr.

Idea
give em 50% ele damage and 50% physical damage
fire arrow
ice arrow
lite arrow
magic arrow
with the missile functions I can use for this they can still benefit from auras and deal ele damage

Thats what i thought you were going for.
I really like the idea of hybrid arrows.
Will they be standard tier 1 ele arrows? or tier 2or3 zon ( explosive, freezing arrow). Anyway i dont care, Archers sound nice however they are... but Epic if we can get OSkill of it or viable charge

I now realize the effort put in making this patch + how ''close'' D3 is... releasing the patch within the next week,2 max would be the best options to have a full enjoyable season

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:30 am 

Hydra is the safest farming build in the game.... sigh.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am 

If archers are to be used, 1/2 and 1/2 makes me happy enough :D

edit: the hydra sorc i made last season did pretty well overall. Fun, pretty safe build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 pm 

kramuti wrote:
edit: the hydra sorc i made last season did pretty well overall. Fun, pretty safe build.

For sure its safe, the counters go on the hydra not on the caster. but its very slow at killing. And still, enchant sorc and hydra sorc are not the same

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 pm 

Yeah hydras weren't bad last ladder but it was a build that didn't need the reduction on facets. So endgame they are now lacking

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 pm 

Lmao.... Why are you going to change Skellys mage's?... There is no need to change them just buff them abit... Summon mancers ether focus on Tank or ele dps... If people don't know how to build a summoner they shouldn't be playing one in the first place...Speeking of lag skelly magi's don't lag its the high # of summons the mancer casts altogether ....zzzzzz

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm 

Zzzzzzz I'm done you guys can do whatever with the files/mod. Nothing can really be agreed on so off to work on my own project. Hudb will remain up and i'll be looking for somone to take it over. Since I will be needed my own site in the future

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm 

dew wrote:
Zzzzzzz I'm done you guys can do whatever with the files/mod. Nothing can really be agreed on so off to work on my own project. Hudb will remain up and i'll be looking for somone to take it over. Since I will be needed my own site in the future

LOL been waiting for this response!!!! did you really think for some reason people would start agreeing? you might get hated on in the future like jarl was recently lol. But, never the less, thanks for trying :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 am 

Asteroth wrote:
Lmao.... Why are you going to change Skellys mage's?... There is no need to change them just buff them abit... Summon mancers ether focus on Tank or ele dps... If people don't know how to build a summoner they shouldn't be playing one in the first place...Speeking of lag skelly magi's don't lag its the high # of summons the mancer casts altogether ....zzzzzz

Your retarded ... I can prove myt a2 throns merc do quadruple as much dmg as ele skeles were doing ...

dew wrote:

Too bad the patch isn't going to be finished, it should be.

Probably due to no agreement i'm going to resign of being host, there is no point to drag it longer since ppl dont care enough to even play not to mention to agree to put next patch and bring some life back to HU. I love this mod but same time somewhat hate the community. It could be such a simple matter, take 5 wise ppl in this mod and let them listen to the community arguments than decide what ideas are right which are not, implement, realm test and then reset. But i know there would be even flame war for who should be this 5 ppl.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am 

Prescot wrote:
Asteroth wrote:

Your retarded ... I can prove myt a2 throns merc do quadruple as much dmg as ele skeles were doing ...

dew wrote:

Too bad the patch isn't going to be finished, it should be.

Probably due to no agreement i'm going to resign of being host, there is no point to drag it longer since ppl dont care enough to even play not to mention to agree to put next patch and bring some life back to HU. I love this mod but same time somewhat hate the community. It could be such a simple matter, take 5 wise ppl in this mod and let them listen to the community arguments than decide what ideas are right which are not, implement, realm test and then reset. But i know there would be even flame war for who should be this 5 ppl.

I agree. It's such a simple thing to achieve, all this game needs is balance IMO. This is why i never disagree or cause bother in the changes threads. People should be happy that changes get done for them, yet all they do is cause trouble which is why it got to this in the first place :|

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 pm 

big round of applause to Asteroth for shitting on every idea besides his own

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 pm 

but ur going to ruin their uber buildz !
ignore soth hes whines about every patch that isnt made by terry (gasp...he made mistakes too!)
we're all human here, dew is taking some initiative and that should be respected.
don't give up, keep on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 pm 

He's just going to do something different I'd be tired of this had I been the one actually making the changes instead of suggesting stuff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:46 pm 

LockDown wrote:
He's just going to do something different I'd be tired of this had I been the one actually making the changes instead of suggesting stuff.

What did you expect in all reality? The poll states 69% in favor of his patch. but yet instead of moving forward with a patch, we keep seeing new ideas thrown around. Has anyone contacted Duff about installing it on the servers and moving it forward? I havent seen anything in that regards. If you are expecting people to take that initative for you your nuts. People will always bitch as everyone on here has a different idea of the right way to play this game. Either move forward with the patch or Punt..... all in all HU has had a good run some shit just has to die sometime

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:12 pm 

Yes mancer was contacted and it needs majority aproval to go live, but my issue is people can't agree how to make the changes to bring balance and I don't feel like dealing with the shitstorms that come with this community. When people join my games on realm just to tell me melee is fine and fire druids and poizons aren't op well, ofc a shitstorm will follow. You guys want it live then I will send the latest up to date files to duff but no promises on continuing work on it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm 

yep i'm leaving as well to work with dew. peace out folks, been cool while it lasted

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:16 pm 

Worst part of this whole thing is we went from decent balance (1.21z) to unbalanced as fuck (1.3a) and no one can agree on what direction to follow. 1.3b was a good step, the proposed patch a better step yet. The problem here is some want 1.21z back and won't be happy without it. Melee was BETTER this patch, but far from good. Anyone saying fire druids and poizons aren't op is deluded beyond reason. Those classes are the most op of them all, low counters + high dmg not OP? FS druid getting a huge life bulb from shifted to bear and maxed oak not op? Give me a break. Show me another class that has it near that good.

It's a sad day, HU is dying quickly. I appreciate the attempts of those trying to restore HU to a reasonable fun factor.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 pm 

post up the most recent changes, start a new poll.
message mancer/duff, go live.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:49 pm 

Why go through all this Dew man... Lets just revert to 1.21z and work from there its a clean start and it will be refreshing again to play melee and other templates that got all fubar sence 1.3a...

Maybe I will come back to play hu when there is more then 3 builds again that can kill not just the Psn zon Fire drood and Foh pally...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:16 am 

Asteroth wrote:
Why go through all this Dew man... Lets just revert to 1.21z and work from there its a clean start and it will be refreshing again to play melee and other templates that got all fubar sence 1.3a...

Maybe I will come back to play hu when there is more then 3 builds again that can kill not just the Psn zon Fire drood and Foh pally...

Dude, 1.21z is history, dead, finito, gone. Get the fuck over it. There are a lot more viable builds than the ones you listed, only thing about those builds is they can SOLO most bosses. Truth be told, there weren't that many other builds in 1.21z that were as strong as the 3 you listed, even then. I can remember poison necs destroying bosses with reckless abandon.

Instead of suggesting a revert every few days, why not offer up credible, productive suggestions on the patch at hand. I hated 1.3a with a passion, but like any intelligent human being I adapted. 1.3b was a good step, but not quite there yet. This patch would be a further improvement, not that I agree with everything in it, but that's the way it is. We need to forge forward and not regressing. 1.3c will be a step, and it will need a few tweaks before it makes it to reset stage, but overall it's the proper direction. What's next asking Microsoft to bring back Windows 3.1? Or asking Ford to build the Model T as it used to be? Similar concept. Moving forward is the key to progress.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:35 am 

Shitty news but hard to blame you. Just know that if you want to continue your patch there's plenty of support out there for you man. If not, you're not the first to fall trying to make this community happy.

I think what HU needs the most is just someone to call the shots again. Too much deliberating and conflicting opinions to rely solely on community feedback for proposed changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:01 am 

drrod wrote:
I think what HU needs the most is just someone to call the shots again. Too much deliberating and conflicting opinions to rely solely on community feedback for proposed changes.

agreed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 am 

Have you seen wtf happned in the last 2 years or are you blind???... I understand how hard it is to make things all good but at what expence the Mod??..These things are what is killing hu .. Sad to say but Jarl started this bullshit just like he did with Aftermath...Now we need to start over from the last patch that worked.. And plz tell me what other Templates are soloing hell baal ??? None are Just the Psn zon Fire drood and pally... Man and I thought you knew Hu so sad...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 am 

And Ben you were apart of Jarls team you can help fix all the fuck ups to.. Or you going to piss and mone to Jay that you still wish 1,21z was still the patch like you 2 did in the channel about 5 times lmao.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:16 am 

Qwazym wrote:
drrod wrote:

agreed

Since Terry decided to walk it hasn't been quite right. As to needing someone to call the shots, look at 1.3a, Blue "cherry-picked" the dev teams ideas, threw in some screwy ideas on balance and said here you go. He refused to allow any beta testing, which would have shown how bad it was. Baerk, in someways took a similar approach. Thing about those two is when the shitstorm started instead of steeping up and saying "my bad" they bailed out. What we need is someone who will a) step up and make good needed changes and b) not jump out when the storm flares up. Neither of those qualities are seen in most on the realm, Dew tried but I can see his frustrations.

Asteroth wrote:
Have you seen wtf happned in the last 2 years or are you blind???... I understand how hard it is to make things all good but at what expence the Mod??..These things are what is killing hu .. Sad to say but Jarl started this bullshit just like he did with Aftermath...Now we need to start over from the last patch that worked.. And plz tell me what other Templates are soloing hell baal ??? None are Just the Psn zon Fire drood and pally... Man and I thought you knew Hu so sad...
Blind? Hardly, I've been here all along, well since 1.21z anyways. Unlike like quite a few posers throwing up "revert it was great" "we need Terry's last version and all will be right", I've been here. What about you? You left. Why? You can't hack the fact you now must THINK on how to play. Can't take a melee and Atma's ammy and destroy bosses using Cb anymore, boo fucking hoo. Since you've come back all you do is preach how good 1.21z was. Granted it had some good points. BUT, things change, people change, games change. Either get on board or shut the fuck up.

"And plz tell me what other Templates are soloing hell baal ??? None are Just the Psn zon Fire drood and pally... Man and I thought you knew Hu so sad..." Where did I say other builds were soloing anything? I said there are other viable templates. Just because some people, like you, take the easiest way to do anything. I look for challenging builds. Ever make a lf zon? I have, not great but it deals dmg. Frostbiter? Got one. Trapper? Got one. They require a, get this, group to succeed. Imagine that, a char needing a group on a team based mod. Perish the thought right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 am 

kwikster wrote:
What we need is someone who will a) step up and make good needed changes and b) not jump out when the storm flares up.

Never gonna happen. Who in their right mind would invest hours of personal time into a patch just to have a bunch of whinny bitches cry about the most minute details.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 am 

So , in 1.21z when you played melee you needed atma's ammy. Who the f are you Kwister? I don't understand how melee noobs can write a shit like this. Obviously you don't know how to play melee. Metal>atma. Stop writing shit . Go write something about noob classes: poison, fire.If you knew what to do, you were overpowered in HU 1.21z.And that took a lot of time for perfect armour, perfect weapon, perfect shield, perfect rings, some god damned charms with +AR, +STR OR + LIFE, +MAX DAMAGE.But now we have poison ama level 82 killing hell diablo and barbarian level 100 thinking if i use whirlwind i will probably die or i will die from counters even if i have a small damage weapon and 100% i will not damage hell diablo.It's even worse if we talk about LOS OR SAMMY OR NIHLATAK. But hey, a char level 82 without LR support has no problem at all. Seriously fucked up game in comparison with HU 1.21z.And excuse my poor english, all you teacher's in english language. I love this game but now it sucks.Atma ammy lol noob.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am 

FuryCury wrote:
kwikster wrote:
What we need is someone who will a) step up and make good needed changes and b) not jump out when the storm flares up.

Never gonna happen. Who in their right mind would invest hours of personal time into a patch just to have a bunch of whinny bitches cry about the most minute details.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am 

Yet still we have trolling :|

Changes should be made with no regard to these little troll twats. Who cares if they leave? All they end up causing is a situation like we have now, and thats no good for anyone. Better off without them

I've had fun playing all the patches, even 1.3a/b to some degree

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:13 pm 

ok guys so i think we should buff melee somehow, and RISK it getting op again but atleast there will be more op builds then and it will be a more "balanced, easy" game. atleast then more people may join the mod and then we can get more opinions, people will stop bitching it sucks, and it will be more viable builds that can fight without being 800% twinked...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:27 pm 

Melee got this in the posted patch and many others got something. To make em viable. Comps broken should have it fixed tommorow I'll pass the files to duff then. After that its up to him when it goes live.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 pm 

When Pious was running the show everything was fine because he was very respected but the fact of the matter is this.

At the end of the day everyone has THEIR own personal opinion on what they think is best and why they think it's best but if we are to account for every individuals opinion then how much can actually get accomplished?

A key fact is simply this.. HU is suppose to be fun and enjoyable by putting way too much emphasis on perfection/balance you're going to kill that enjoyable fun part and make more builds suck essentially. Who cares at this point?? Honestly.. D3 is coming out soon.. HU was never that active anyway.

The problem with Mancer not running the show is this though..

It's MANCERS mod. It's not anyone elses.. so anyone else who steps up will get challenged in terms of their balancing ideas. Mancer could do whatever the f he wanted. No one else has that luxury.. that's just how it goes.

But if you want to be LITERAL well Dews patch LITERALLY won a huge majority of the vote and maybe it should be implemented?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:13 pm 

Lee wrote:
But if you want to be LITERAL well Dews patch LITERALLY won a huge majority of the vote and maybe it should be implemented?

Lee with something constructive to say?! :lol: never thought I'd see it
Now Asteroth is going to come online and apologize to everyone for being a faggot, and then pigs will fly

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 pm 

Qwazym wrote:
ok guys so i think we should buff melee somehow, and RISK it getting op again but atleast there will be more op builds then and it will be a more "balanced, easy" game. atleast then more people may join the mod and then we can get more opinions, people will stop bitching it sucks, and it will be more viable builds that can fight without being 800% twinked...

I agree with you, and I believe the mod should focus more on fun rather than perfect balance etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 pm 

Lee wrote:
When Pious was running the show everything was fine because he was very respected but the fact of the matter is this.

At the end of the day everyone has THEIR own personal opinion on what they think is best and why they think it's best but if we are to account for every individuals opinion then how much can actually get accomplished?

A key fact is simply this.. HU is suppose to be fun and enjoyable by putting way too much emphasis on perfection/balance you're going to kill that enjoyable fun part and make more builds suck essentially. Who cares at this point?? Honestly.. D3 is coming out soon.. HU was never that active anyway.

The problem with Mancer not running the show is this though..

It's MANCERS mod. It's not anyone elses.. so anyone else who steps up will get challenged in terms of their balancing ideas. Mancer could do whatever the f he wanted. No one else has that luxury.. that's just how it goes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 pm 

Well for everyone that is leaving my account name is *stars. Feel free to drop me all your stuff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:01 am 

I think people that expected quick change see why nothing happens quickly. A few will really put in the effort (like the last 2 patches...love or hate them). The point when people really get vocal is when the changes have actually been done and are ready to be implemented/tested.

I hate to see the few that are trying to put one together now just pull up anchor and leave. Now that we have a pretty good idea of your plans, time has to be given to argue them for implementation. Shit comes up during this that wasn't considered before. This matters. Unless Terry comes with a changelist, this is how shit gets done.

PureRage's put up or shut up thread produced this. It's fantastic that another group is taking a shot a putting together a patch. You are going to take shit for it. Deal with it. You've done great so far.

About the skelemages. I am pretty sure I was the one that started to argue about magi changes, not Asteroth. I was in fact pretty vocal to get my point across. A few agreed to some extent (Asteroth is one...i forget who else) that actually cared to think it through independently, or due to that post.

After a second set of posts, you at least came to a compromise. I was happy enough with it to leave it alone. Asteroth either came late to the party, was slow on the uptake, or had an epiphany. Whatever. If you are going to make a change like this, then you have to be willing to start considering other ways to get a desired result.

Someone saying Asteroth is a retard for suggesting that magi damage should be raised if they still suck is funny (i said the same thing earlier btw). I asked about 1.3b and nobody could say shit...what did I do? Started a necro that has maxed magi too. We'll see. Currently at normal baal.

P.S. We went from 40ish skeles max to 22 max. The lag issue on magi is pretty irrelevant.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 am 

well after testing if i use the missile functions from the ele arrow skills the can benefit from the auras summoners have access too so they can scale better with warriors. also the animation for arrows is a little faster than mages current animation. mages with moncurse is like having the smartest kid with down syndrome on your team

me leaving tho is not just the constant arguing(good portion of it) but, also the want to make a mod that isn't picking up where some one else left off. I can make the needed changes for hu and once it goes live i will check back frequently to hear feedback. then tweak whats needed for a reset to happen. it doesnt really take that long to adjust things with good realm feedback. beyond that i doubt i will be on realm much or have a future here our project is coming together very nicely. I enjoy modding as much if not more than playing d2 and what I'm working on I actually started planing and learning how to do last time i left hu on the old forums. may have even found ways to adding more dynamics to how you can fight monsters so I'm like a kid in a candy store. I can finish what i started with this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:11 am 

kramuti wrote:
Asteroth either came late to the party, was slow on the uptake, or had an epiphany.

IDK why but I lol'ed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:13 am 

FuryCury wrote:
kramuti wrote:
Asteroth either came late to the party, was slow on the uptake, or had an epiphany.

IDK why but I lol'ed.
Part of the problem with Asteroth, and a few others, is they are stuck on this"1.21z was the greatest patch" idea. Too many want to compare 1.3a,b,c(?) to it when forming ideas and opinions. Sure it had some good parts, but it had some bad as well. We need to work on making this patch good, but not comparable to any other patch. Sure, the inevitable comparison will arise, but hopefully to show the positives, while highlighting deficiencies. The biggest issue for the coming test and subsequent patch is putting phys dmg back on the map. From what I can see from my testing melee will be reasonably strong, only hell Duri will be phys immune due to his smite but can be broken with decrep/amp greater than lvl1. Haven't done much testing on many builds as time has been my enemy of late.

The builds he likes to point to, poisonzon for one, was strong even then in 1.21z. Difference was many played the melee/nec team and decimated bosses. Fire droods have been strong for some time as well. As has been pointed out many times, those are basically "noob" builds, for those who want the easy way out, not saying it's true for all who play them but most. When it comes to boss fights, they want it over in 2-3 mins and not a protracted battle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am 

I really am wary of implementing a patch when it is clear that the makers will not be hanging around in earnest...saying that you will check back etc is somewhat hard to buy in the longer run. Which means that we will be left in the same predicament again.

I commend you on the efforts thus far. If you choose to strike out on your own, absolutely best wishes. Let us know how that goes!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:12 pm 

I think Dew is saying if we have a change log set up clearly then he will make the changes for us, like PureRage did before. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00 pm 

Correct slappy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:28 pm 

Not like it would be much work for Dew to do edit in changes as this community comes to decisions slower than the speed of smell.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Not like it would be much work for Dew to do edit in changes as this community comes to decisions slower than the speed of smell.

i am quite proud of the speed of my smell good sir!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 pm 

raqib wrote:
LockDown wrote:

i am quite proud of the speed of my smell good sir!

lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am 

LockDown wrote:

Go fuck your self. I personally have been playing this mod for over 8 years. EIGHT YEARS. Now we have some cunt that comes in and thinks that any idea they have is made of gold and that everyone that plays the mod has to reform to their train of though. Go fuck yourself. No patch will be impemented with you're train of though.

This gos for anyone that thinks they KNOW better than any better running the mod,( Mancer, Duff, Blue( Yes I said Blue, get fucking bent.).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 am 

what? decision made? look at poll?
what are you so upset about furycury? i read your post and i'm not sure which part of the changelog upsets you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am 

OMG...blah blah

Last edited by FuryCury on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:12 am 

FuryCury wrote:
Zikur wrote:

Really Snickers? I remember you logging onto my zon just to feel how awesome having an OP character was. How long have you been a part of these forums? My main point is that NO ONE should expect massive changes at ANY time. Period!!

I'll leave it as this, the fact of the matter is that %90 of the forums have NO frame of reference, but think they know how the mod should be ran. Put in your time and then talk to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:26 am 

I don't think all of my ideas are gold. I don't think everything I say should be implemented. But I do suggest shit and try and argue for positive changes which is more than a lot of people do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 am 

ok so yeah i still think risk making melee op, but reduce the friggin iron maiden, my mauler with 45k damage, 6.2 hits / sec, 36k ar, and 70% life leech. just died to iron maiden at nightmare baal... ridiculous lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:19 pm 

Holy cow was I drunk last night!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:20 pm 

FuryCury wrote:

that explains a lot

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm 

Verb wrote:
FuryCury wrote:

that explains a lot

Entertaining none the less

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 pm 

does that make me snickers?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm 

Zikur wrote:

The rum said you were Snickers....and the rum doesn't lie.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:21 am 

FuryCury wrote:
Zikur wrote:

The rum said you were Snickers....and the rum doesn't lie.

TIL Fury is a pirate.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 pm 

this post got alot funnier when qwaz posted his iron maiden death... guess baal casting curses in there is a new thing... ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 pm 

z

Last edited by Imperial on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm 

I'm curious to whether you've heard anything from Duff/Mancer regarding pushing this patch forward dew? I see no reason why it wouldn't get green lit. The change log is very mild at the moment, and I can't see it stirring much controversy(outside of certain retards). Not to mention 77% is an overwhelming majority favor.

IMO where the more recent patches went wrong was being too ambitious with their changes, baby steps FTW. It really doesn't take much to get the community interested in playing again. A little touch up here and there balance wise(keyword small), reset that ladder, and bam everyone's interest is reignited. People will still play and enjoy a patch they don't necessarily agree with. I know I have, and I was damn near at the front of the Blue hate train.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:35 pm 

I was the conductor. :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:42 pm 

Ben lmao ...You were damn near at the front line of the Blue hate train... When was this ???... Try more like at the head of the line to give him a blow job... :lol:
Lee the conductor..zzz Na you were blue's fluffer.. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Ben lmao ...You were damn near at the front line of the Blue hate train... When was this ???... Try more like at the head of the line to give him a blow job... :lol:
Lee the conductor..zzz Na you were blue's fluffer.. :lol:
How's about you crawl back under your rock again. Better yet, go back and READ all those posts after the debacle we called Blue's patch came out. Many, many of us were on that train. Lee, Abominae, myself and a great many more. Ironically, one of YOUR own suggestions contributes to the debacle, lowering amp to a lower progression, 20% to start iirc. How much testing did you do in unleashing that number? NONE or you would have know it wouldn't work. Yet, you blame Blue, and not your own inadequacies. Have you even tested the current proposal? Doubt it, but I have and it seems a good step for melee.

Ass-teroth all you bring is negativity and ill-formed thoughts. Maybe, someday your brain will engage and make you realize "I've been an idiot".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am 

kwikster wrote:
Maybe, someday your brain will engage and make you realize "I've been an idiot".

doesnt seem likely... look at his posts and youll agree (lol had to)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm 

I've been browsing the Dew's patch is ready! topic with some questions. It appears the majority of players want a new update yet it seems miles away. I'd love to rally some troops and push for the completion of Dew's patch!
Although it seems that Dew has lost interest as of late and a patch is seemingly out of the question in the near future. If you need testers or what not I'd love to be a part of that or anything else you think I can assist in. Thanks again guys, I look forward to some answers and hopefully we can further improve the Hell Unleashed experience!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:47 pm 

Were that everyone had that mind-set..

Dew isn't going to push things anymore, we need to come up with our own changes. Drrod posted a bunch of changes that I think most would welcome, I say throw those changes mixed with Dew's and patch it up!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
Were that everyone had that mind-set..

Dew isn't going to push things anymore, we need to come up with our own changes. Drrod posted a bunch of changes that I think most would welcome, I say throw those changes mixed with Dew's and patch it up!
Dew's patch is a much needed step in the right direction. After the debacle of 1.3a and the modest improvements of 1.3b, it'll bring some good playing back to melee. As with any patch, there are those (read Asteroth) who will never be happy unless we revert to 1.21z. I like the majority of changes, but feel a few area's need a slight tone down. One example is the fact WC barbs now get a 50/50 split with phys and magic dmg. Being their ideal EG weapon is HW runeword, it needs to have it's magic pierce toned down substantially, 50% pierce and they're the only class to dual wield it. I like Drrod's suggestions, for the most part, and feel those + Dew's would be a good mix.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 pm 

kwikster wrote:
One example is the fact WC barbs now get a 50/50 split with phys and magic dmg. Being their ideal EG weapon is HW runeword, it needs to have it's magic pierce toned down substantially, 50% pierce and they're the only class to dual wield it. I

the magic damage, this is potentially around 18k warcry damage? so 9k magic damage, now with heavens will thats 50% peirce (before other gear) yet my healer with 25% magic peirce and 11k foh can solo hell baal (without the stun) so yes i think that should be toned down for barbarians, but as for healer fohers is it possible to make it only nerf for the one char type (same with say the immortal flesh how it does less prayer for pallys

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 pm 

kwikster wrote:
Ass-teroth all you bring is negativity and ill-formed thoughts. Maybe, someday your brain will engage and make you realize "I've been an idiot".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 am 

Did you guys ever test the bullshit 2 years ago ??? If you guys did properly Hu wouldn't be in the staight it is in now..I tested your great handy work and told you all that it wasn't going to work(melee being the biggest hit)... Did any of you listen hell no..And my idea for nefing amp ... Lmao go and read your own priv area and see who really came up with that nerf i'm sick and tierd of being blamed for that...Nerfing amp was mainly Jarls idea get a grip...Yup pushing that Dev team patch was a great idea we only lost 3/4's of are community base cuz of it ...I love the fact that you all hate me cuz I beat you all up with the truth and the truth hurts ...Ohh Ya thats right if you think I will just take someones bullshit without giving it back dream on nub... I don't put up with anyones ones bullshit..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 am 

Here this is Jarls post from that priv dev area now remmber this was my idea...

I think we are ALL in agreement that AMP breaks the game currently. Maybe no so much if CB was removed and act 1 physical mercs removed, but my idea was actually quite simple:

Amp, LR, and Conviction all starting at 35% pierce and gaining 1% per soft point originally capping at 55%. However with what you are discussing we could extend them all past 55% making hard points equally useful without forcing players to invest into them, but giving more benefit to those that do.

I full agree that the radius per point should be toned down. Forcing 5-10 hard points to get good radius MIGHT be enough to differentiate necro builds without adding the "Master Summoner" skill. Going back to what I said before about simpler is better.

Don't ever blame me again for this change when it was you guys ....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 am 

Assteroth is this not you?
Asteroth wrote:
Amplify Damage now starts at 35% pierce and caps at 55%

I think thats still to much . Maybe 25% pierce and caps at 45%.
The other big thing with amp is its yard rate . My idea is maybe half of what its rate is now. That would stop alot of amp spamming the hole screan were the necro needs to traget more.
What do you guys think ?
Seems like you did absolutely no testing on your own suggestion. Blue took this thread to heart as if it were tested, but it wasn't and I can vouch the results. Maybe this post:
Asteroth wrote:
Kinda .. I never needed amp to take down norm Andy and with it its really silly. Idea to me is to make norm a bit tougher to get through.
Last season Cool-player and I went through the hole game with no necro just using amp wands like in your video.

As per Steel in pre-patch test
Steel wrote:
Is amp going to be 25% and 1% per hard point still?? Could it be boosted? Every monster on hell is 50%, cb is being nerfed, deadly too. Casters have facets/conv/lr/holy auras to lower mobs res even below 0. For example Hell andy has 75% (and 25% on NM) phys res. I'm sure psn/bone necs won't go into 20 amp and we will end stuck in a1 forever or begging casters to help us. I can understand you nerfing LR/conv as it stacks + facets, but amp/dec is only source of lowering phys res. Poor days...
I know you hc doods have bo/chanter/amp boots for ya, but making chars to depend on skill it's not theirs originally is a bad idea
Imo starting it at 35% and 2% per hard, and 1%(caping it maybe on 60%+) per soft could help it somehow, for example 5lvl amp from gear could lower diablo's phys (80%...) to level you could leech/tank w/o nec in a team.
Remember the amp change was all you Assteroth.

Edit: yes, I'm a bit sauced. Been a mother-fucker of a day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 pm 

What about idea of 95 areas from a1 to a5 ? Lets make usable every caves and tunnels. Exping/farming only at Tundra+ is shitty boring. At the moment exploring these areas have no sense. 95 monster level will make everything fresh. Classic Diablo 2 LoD ideas are simple and good. What about mixing monsters type in a5? A1/2/3/4 thrash (randomly generated and stronger) in frozen caves, wsk etc.
Next: no limitted exp. Possible to get 102, 103... lvl. Patient players will best and true visible at ladder. Lower the psn java dmg and bring back psn necro glory. Psn javas are inviolable, doing best dmg with full distance. Psn necro is good alternative.
And just make game harder. Monsters and bosses are enough demanding. Just need more and more HP. Is good to kill boss in 10 min, but no 1-2.
Last thing is trash clearing - make it harder also.
I dont think is hard to implement - but for sure, those changes will make some good moves to bring back the joy I had playing this mod in earlier stage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 am 

some new lvl 95 Areas doesnt change the Stupid Caster patch shit we have 2-3 years ?

i want melee back :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 am 

I think it would be pretty nice if we fixed the ai on some monsters, like the zealots or whatever they are called in act3, if you're too high lvl they just run away from you no matter what. Fucking hate it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:39 am 

Actually zealot monsters have a special monster AI. If you have completed the high council quest they automatically run away.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am 

yeah well it sucks imo, I dont want to run around chasing these fucking mobs to kill them. its fucking stupid

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am 

lol verb just don't kill them

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 am 

...but I want too, they make up like a forth of all the mobs of the lower kurast----> upper kurast area so its kinda boring to be forced to chase these motherfuckers down in to a corner to kill them. why even have them there if you cant kill them after you've cleared the council?!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 pm 

lmao you would not make a good shepherd

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:28 pm 

why kill the council when you want to kill all zealots? :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
lmao you would not make a good shepherd

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:34 pm 

bump! Let's patch this bitch up!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm 

pfft just got my griffs and temps!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:45 pm 

you will get to keep them, afaik it will be a patch with NO reset at first. A ladder reset will come afterwards

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 pm 

Well as far as I know the only thing holding this back is someone actually doing it. Do we have documentation on what exactly is being upgraded and install instructions?

Maybe make a poll thread then after a few votes inform Duff with the information and get it done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:58 pm 

iso reset on may 15th so those d3ers will miss out

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm 

can someone upload this patch/edit/fix already seems all is set...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 pm 

Dew, or Baerk need to compile the patch with notes on updates and installs. Then they need to PM duff the info.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 pm 

DOOOO IIIIIIIT :D:D:D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 pm 

dooo it naow!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm 

I imagine dew is busy as hell, otherwise he would have likely done so by now. Go play switch'em for a bit til then.

Switch'em: the act of putting one thumb in your mouth, the other in your arse...and then SWITCH'EM.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm 

Yeah lotsa work and little sleep ill see if I can do it inn the morning when I'm donne work. No promises tho I will be pretty tired.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 am 

awesome!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 am 

Heh still at work,15+ hours and counting

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 am 

Ok Duff has been pm'd and I'm awaiting his response I suggested at most a one month beta reset. that should be plenty of time for people to test and get to hell baal with at least one char. since melee really needs to have feedback from all difficulties.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm 

i have no melee chars ATM, and really no experience with them, just got everything installed again working on homemade plugin or whatever it is called. i may be intersted in playing a melee type from start/scratch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:46 pm 

Ok I got a response from Duff and unfortunately he is going on vacation. So we are looking for sometime next weekend for it to go live. At this point the update is done and any other issues that need to be addressed will be worked on for the beta updates. since I have to pack the files for the servers now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:14 pm 

fuck ya next weekend sounds great! thank you so much dew

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:17 pm 

any word if those hydra tweaks talked about in suggestions are being added dew?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 pm 

Yes I included them

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:07 am 

what exactly did you decide to include on the hydra change?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am 

excited for this, but at the same time my only chars are 97 zon and a 51 meteor sorc luls.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:17 am 

What ever changes where in the file you made

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm 

Thanks for your work dew and everyone who helped.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:52 pm 

np least i could to for a mod i've lost so many hours too but.......
now i suddenly find myself very ok with this not going live till next weekend since i just won a tl2 beta code. cant wait to mod that game :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 pm 

Torchlight 2 is in beta?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Torchlight 2 is in beta?

releases in october.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm 

LockDown wrote:
Torchlight 2 is in beta?

Yes it IS and very good. Combat with each cass is very fluid with some skills complementing others. Such as you use x skill first and the z skill causes monsters to explode on death dealing more dmg but only if you use a specific skilll first.. boss battles aren't just kite and use the same skill over and over either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm 

Shit I'll probably buy that in October now..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm 

Shit I'll probably buy that in October now..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm 

Only $20, can't pass that up. Just basic stats do more than add damage/life/mana. Also has a dual requirement system for items. You only have to meet one of them to equip items. Either you meet the levell requirement or the stat requirement

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 pm 

Oh damn. 20 bucks? I spend more than that daily. Will get for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm 

cant wait for tl2 man! gonna be dope.. didnt know it was in beta... dayummm! i wanted to do that shit

fuck you twitter. fail.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 am 

Took me 4 hours of following twitter/facebook and runicgames fansite to win a beta key.

Offline Profile