Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Post subject: builds that need love
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 pm 

since my suggested patch is moving along nicely i may be able to expand what can be worked on so
Post them here and explain why or how they should be improved

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: builds that need love
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 am 

Alright it's me again, the fool who has no idea what he's talking about.
My suggestions.
-Could we buff the size of Firewall? (Width)
-Could we add synergies to the Assassin's shadows? (Additional item level per hard points) So you could level shadow master and shadow warrior and at the end have the two with about the same item level
-Could we possibly NERF tiger strike?
-Self-synergies between Stamina/BO and Ironskin-Natural resists/Shout?(Would not boost the warcries, only the masteries)

And now the main part of this post
These days, I see everybody building the same exact thing. There is an absurd lack of originality in character building.
My suggestion is to increase the base damage of most spell with synergies and nerf the synergies so it gets to about the same max damage we have now, but allow us to disregard some synergies and go for other skills, instead of being forced in maxing all synergies to even be able to kill something (FO comes to mind). This would make bi-elements builds possible and even maybe viable. You'd be doing less damage than a maxed synergy build, but you'd have the advantage of not being completely screwed by immunes, Or you could trade damage for survivability without completely shooting yourself in the foot.

Signed, the fool.

I forgot, what was the design decision when Death sentry was nerfed to the ground?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 am 
Game Server Host

Death sentry hasn't been touched? What nerf?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:22 am 

I meant the nerf from Bnet to HU
The removal of the lightning on it, along with needing all skills in both fire and lightning trees.

I can understand that a skill that does both lightning, physical and fire damage can be considered pretty good, but you just completely destroyed the skill. You also killed a probably viable build at the same time (Dancer)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 am 

Death Sentry rapes everything it explodes corpses if you were using it for the lightning damage in Vanilla... I have bad news for you..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 am 
Game Server Host

Riem821 wrote:
I meant the nerf from Bnet to HU
The removal of the lightning on it, along with needing all skills in both fire and lightning trees.

I can understand that a skill that does both lightning, physical and fire damage can be considered pretty good, but you just completely destroyed the skill. You also killed a probably viable build at the same time (Dancer)

First, if you want a lightning trap you already have 2 to choose from...
Second, the CE from that trap has been changed to random damage type, so it covers fire, cold, light, pois, and mag.
Third, it uses CE all the time now, and a % of monster HP as damage is >>>> than a lightning attack.

It's way more functional than the original...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:46 am 

LockDown wrote:
Death Sentry rapes everything it explodes corpses if you were using it for the lightning damage in Vanilla... I have bad news for you..

I was using it for the Lightning, fire and physical damage.
It could also generate the bodies to use its CE on.
Now I can't max death sentry to boost Lightning sentry's damage.
Which means I have to spend an additional 20 skill points.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 am 
Game Server Host

And here you can use it for fire, cold, light, pois and mag damage and it always usesits most powerful attack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 am 

I think it would be pretty cool if the holy auras for paladins got synergy bonus from vengeance instead of the resist auras(or just added to them).

Am I the only one that think that the mana cost on vengeance is too high? because I'm having mana troubles on my pally in hell at least. Maybe I just need more mana leech.... I dont know, but considering your phy damage is so low and the leech penalties in hell and on bosses, I think it needs to be lowered a little at least.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 pm 

I use ele set no mana problems and the elemental dmg from it is added to the splash dmg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm 

Verb wrote:
I think it would be pretty cool if the holy auras for paladins got synergy bonus from vengeance instead of the resist auras(or just added to them).

Am I the only one that think that the mana cost on vengeance is too high? because I'm having mana troubles on my pally in hell at least.

Get some mana on kill!

Throw Barb - a fun build, but mine it's tits gear and still not able to accomplish much. He faces the same issue as anyone dealing phys damage, though. He's also pretty slow at clearing trash so if you did the multishot knives thing that would be cool as hell.

Also got rabies, golemancer, foher, and they do just fine

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 am 

I think middle point bow zon needs some love. When u start first char as bowzone (means not much of gems aviable) from a3-a5 nm to like a4 hell vbefore 90 so u can wear mavina set it do almoast no dmg to trash, at least i face this problem. Also damn there is something changed that in mavina and likely 500 dex i still need 5-7 arrows to kill monster at tundra with multishot, and same time it means i'm dead. This build definetly needs some love in lvls like from 65-90, cos i feel like it is still op early game and late endgame.
Next build is mayby my smiter paly that sux, but that may be cos it was first one that i made :D So nvm.
Necro summon, not actualy need buff itself, but u added thropy that gives teleport, sure thats fine and good, but same time forgot it shows around hell, and for skelemancer ther isnt any source of resist (except charms) that gives u at leas 50% resist, sure summoner not need them, but my opinion there should be 2 item changes. add to teleport thropy at least one socket, and gives radament vale(skelemancer armor) same amount of all ress the construct forge have. This way it will be more balanced, and skelemancers wont be forced to get enigma even when they have teleport thropy.
Meles need love of course thats main point.
As far as my other chars goes they are just fine (rabies just need facet fix), ahhh only one last thing, give frost bite more damn ar, it is so hard to get it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm 

My suggestion for some builds that need love.

1) Cold zons - increase the radius on Freezing Arrow 4-6 and buff the damage slightly 16 to 18% on syns.

2) Buff ele ma SINS. The only way to make ELE MA sins worth playing is if the damage is extremely high due the fact the FPA sucks they have to have high dmg. IMO buff all syns to 35-40% if anyone disagrees feel free to explain why. I highly doubt it will make them OP but maybe some testing should be done first. Again the idea here is to make the build playable/useful.

3)Vengeance paladins - leave the damage at the half or w/e they had it at and simply increase the radius on each attack ( I guess that was already done )

I know there's other builds just threw out a few suggestions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm 

I've been brainstorming on how to buff elemental bow builds, but coming up empty. Might just buff the synergy like you suggest here. I think Freezing Arrow is already 4 yards.

MA suggestion sounds fine, don't see why not to add it.

Vengeance I'm not really sure what you're suggesting.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm 

Sounds like Lee was suggesting for vengeance to leave the damage parameters alone and instead somewhat increase the radius of the novas it generates so it does trash better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 pm 

Vengeance is taken care of the current aoe isn't ele damage, its just normal attack damage. New aoe is elemental so it will benefit from conviction. The radius is big already its just you were only doing about 6k physical aoe damage which after monsters resists doesn't do shit

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm 

Ah oops my bad ben I meant from 4 yds to six yards. Immo arrow is way better currently. I don't think freezing arrow can compare much to IMMO. Possibly may need to buff the syns to 20% instead? I don't know but IMMO arrow seems like the optimum choice currently for a ele zon, am I right? That was the consensus I got from you on the realm anyway lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:30 pm 

I just checked and realised summoning druids have little to no gear to use.
No runewords, one unique armor (no endgame options), 1-2 weapons (Dark Clan and Elven) and not much else.

Can we give them something?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm 

Already done

Offline Profile