Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ] 
 Post subject: Small Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

There will be a small update coming shortly that does a few tweaks and adjustments for today's Hell Unleashed.

Some of these changes are as follows

1.21x

-Minimum number of player spawn is now 2 instead of 3
-The majority of the dungeons have been slightly deecreased in size, though champs and named enemies remains the same
-Melee amazons buffed
-Singer barbs buffed
-Avenger Buffed
-Phoenixsins buffed
-Fire trappers buffed
-Fire druids buffed
-Rabies druids buffed
-Assassins can now summon both shadow warrior and master
-Conviction added as a synergy to Holy aura and sanctuary skills for an alternative path build... it is still intended to be a 60 point build and
the synergy bonus remains the same
-Fixed some buffed runewords, uniques and set items
-Crafting has been tweaked
-Many mercs have been updated and tweaked for more versatility

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Small Update
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm 

the griz weapon should be fixed it has 100% stun and crashes games...also will this be a download or somethng we won't have to do to get the changes?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:33 pm 

1. Change holy craft auras to progress at "1-2, 5-7, 10-12" for all auras except Might which can progress at "1-2, 3-4, 5-6"

2. Change Power Craft (sapphire) to ctc Frozen Armor when struck

3. Change Power Craft helms from Defense vs Missle to Slows enemies by "1-2, 3-5, 8-10"

4. Change Power craft boots from Defense vs Melee to Prevents Monster Heal

5. Change Safety Craft (emerald) MDR and PDR to "2-4, 8-10, 20-30" for all items and "1-2, 4-5, 10-20" additional for armor to compensate for dramtic increases in dmg through the difficulties.

6. Penalties on Death crafts don't seem to be applying, there was a suggestion that it may be a coding error.

7. There is a list of text file bugs here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=437 with some pretty important bugs and fixes for them.

I have a few other things in mind too, just wanted to pop these up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 pm 

REMOVE THE SCREEN SHAKING FROM SIEGE BEASTS

Add some sort of bonus to inner sight and / or slow missiles.

Make elemental arrows (fire, ice, magic) do 100% conversion from physical to elemental, not just 50%. PLEASE. Fighting physical immunes is soooo rough.

Classify act 1 mercs as amazons, so they can equip amazon-specific bows.

Reduce the distance to Baal and Duriel. Reduce the hp bonus of champions. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to kill something.

Up the drop rate for cow portal items. I mean it's already tough to kill the droppers.

Make arrows and bolts 1x1 in the inventory.

If people are fighting monsters at a health level that would assume three+ players, then the drop rate should be adjusted to three+ players as well, even for one person

Make it so level 90+ characters don't get level 5 mods when rerolling a rare. I have rolled over 600 times on my eth GMB, and it still sucks. It's draining and annoying. Just restrict the mod range a little please. Also as mentioned, chance to cast low level spells is worthless, other than maybe amp, it takes up a slot. I'm also scared I will roll a 500% with 1 socket, ruining it.

Make jewels always appear on the gamble screen.

BUG: I have Glory Crest on as an amazon, and Glittering Blade on swap. Every time I switch to Glittering Blade for Find Item and mf, I have to re-equip the Glory Crest or the skill doesn't show up on my skill selection. It's very annoying to re-equip my armor every time I want to hork.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:32 pm 

pls dont remove salvation as a synergi to the offensive auras , will mess up builds allready made

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:35 pm 

werewolf lists:

- life: +x%
- stamina and life bonus: 100%

the stamina and life bonus never applies, or else the wolf should be getting more life than the bear, but doesnt. only the first life % bonus does apply. tested this with a wolf druid with base 420 life, became 735 life after shifting to wolf. the skill had a 75% life bonus, which fits the change in life. the 100% doesnt kick in at all though.

Last edited by muleofal on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm 

also have to agree with teprac on the life situation of some monsters... beserkers, mariliths, wyrms, etc. already get plenty of life, and there are already plenty (if not too many) bosses before act bosses... champ versions of these monsters just makes the game feel like more bosses and more time wasting, especially when you can sit there hitting them for 10 minutes without potions needed and not dying at all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm 

Quote:
6. Penalties on Death crafts don't seem to be applying, there was a suggestion that it may be a coding error.

If someone could list the ones that do and don't work, I would be willing to do some tests to see if these can be easily fixed via simple text edits. I just don't really have time to do it all...traveling, funerals, end of semester grading, etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

I will try addressing most of these concerns... Also how about adding conviction as a synergy for Holy Fire, Freeze, Lit and Sanctuary, while adding Salvation as a synergy to Vengeance... Making alternate path ways for each build

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
I will try addressing most of these concerns... Also how about adding conviction as a synergy for Holy Fire, Freeze, Lit and Sanctuary, while adding Salvation as a synergy to Vengeance... Making alternate path ways for each build

Dunno that I see the advantage. Vengence already has a butt-ton of synergies, so I would most certainly be in favor of not having to put points in Salvation as well. If anything, i think that vengence needs fewer synergies and just more base dmg to compensate.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm 

perhaps include conviction and not exclude salvation from the offensive aura builds ? that way you can get higher offensive auras and still have 20 pts for say dream helm or hand of justice / doom extra. ?
that way you can gain higher dmg on the auras but still be able to do lower if you want more defensive ? would make the bowpallys a bit better and all elementals stronger .

Last edited by Kannli on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

You missed the entire point of my idea as an "altetnative build" the ammount your earn from the current synergys will not be changed. The additional one is meant to make for more versatility to reach the same potential... I may do the same to other builds as well... Rathert then everything being so cookie cutter

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm 

ok , good to hear your doing something , thats good news , good luck with it .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:32 pm 

Soulmancer wrote:
You missed the entire point of my idea as an "altetnative build" the ammount your earn from the current synergys will not be changed. The additional one is meant to make for more versatility to reach the same potential... I may do the same to other builds as well... Rathert then everything being so cookie cutter

Sure - that works then.

So you are saying that you would take the %dmg that is gained from conviction and distribute it amongst the other Vengance synergies? Only real downside to that is that after playing a Vengance paladin I can't fathom using any aura other than Conviction and my 1 point in Salvation seems sufficient for what I would want it to do. Dunno why a Vengance paladin would need that sort of versatility.

Likewise, since you can't run holy freeze and conviction at the same time, i am not sure of the benefit there.

I guess I am still missing the value added.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:37 pm 

if your lowering spawn to 2 instead of 3 you will seee alot of melees back to strength . not that its bad , might just be a little overkill ? . hopefully people wont singlespawn but theres goin to be some fast runs then, which might not be that bad after all , idk , good ? any other that thinks that this might be a bit too much ? lesser spawn ? .

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:58 pm 

Adjust the dmg on the Battle Hammer line - currently it far outpaces other 1H weapons:

War Hammer 19-29 (lvl25)
Battle Hammer 35-58 (lvl46)

compared to say

War Axe 10-18 (lvl25)
Naga 16-45 (lvl45)

I personally recomend going with:

War Hammer 15-20 (lvl25)
Battle Hammer 25-48 (lvl46)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 pm 

-change missile skills so they use no ammo, perhaps

-give a1 cold/fire mercs the full build for each element so they actually do damage with their skills

-have a5 shifter mercs stay in form

-remove blaze or firestorm from a3 fire merc and give him firebolt instead

-give a3 cold mercs icebolt instead of iceblast

-give a3 lit merc thunderstorm instead of nova (their nova is very weak)

-remove battlecry from nm/hell a5 mercs and give them warcry instead

-give all a3 mercs all their skills in normal...they are worthless when hired in normal right now

blue_myriddn wrote:
Reduce the potency of low level amp :

current progression:
45 52 56 60 64 66 68 70 72 73 74 75

Proposed progression:
30 34 38 42 46 50 52 54 56 58 60 62

Reduce the potency of decrep from 33% to 25%

I dont agree with this. It would make it so you NEED a necro in your party or you will have 30 minute boss battles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm 

Split the amp dmg topic off to a new post - I can see that being a big issue: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=548

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, well I'll leave salvation off of Vengeance cause yah it seems pretty pointless...

although the benefit of having conviction as a synergy to the holy auras for example, vengeance could benefit that template say for example.

Holy Fire, Conviction, Vengeance gives a bit more versatility there... a Holy fire paladin could switch to Vengeance and have it as a feasible secondary skill.

I may be able to fix the act 5 SS mercs if npcs are effected by cooldown time when it comes to using skills... I'm not sure if they are or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:40 pm 

Add a limit to how many counters can be casted by bosses per thirty seconds, so there's less spam. Take tele off of most bosses too. It doesn't serve any real purpose except to annoy everyone...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm 

Damn, what are y doin? Y wanna make HU more easier. NO NO NO. Make it harder, it`s multiplaer mod! Play in teams and get fun.

-buff bosses (exept with tele,sammy,los)
-nerf cb builds (obidience rw-it`s op, no doubt)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:46 pm 

Not trying to make it easier...trying to add variety and balance in builds..mercs.. etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm 

I know there is a contingent of masochists in the players here, but the population of HU is so low that requiring groups for everything makes it difficult to progress without higher level help. you just don't have hundreds of people in your level bracket to play with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:51 am 
Game Server Host

looks like a long long list of buffs for players and nerfs to enemys. ZzZzZzZz.

remove jewels from the gamble screen - It's far to easy to get mass ED% jewels.
change the animation of vengance to something that can reach 5 fpa minimum
remove the ctc stun from gris caddy or lower it to 30-50%
CURSES: change them to hard points only please, eg. amp 45% gaining 2% per hard point, same with lr, maybe raise lr potency a little to help elemental builds (who suffer at the min). as it is, with 1 point curses players can get to 85% amp, spending another 19 points to gain 3% is worthless, soft points add range hard points for duration/gains.

Don't make areas too short, i recently dabbled with another mod and had it finished TWICE in 3 days from norm to hell due to short maps and it ruins the entire playing experience. Shorten baal quest perhaps by removing level 3 WSK and changing that to the cleft, move the monsters from lvl 3 to lvl 2 for a wider variety of enemys on level 2. duriel is long enough, it takes long enough to not be a joke and short enough to not lose intrest.

Champs are the only thing that slow people down a little but not enough IMO, sorcs deal with champs in no time if done right. If its taking people 10 mins as they claim to take down a pack of champs then they are under prepared, under equiped and underleveled for the area, simple as that. Even still a level 70 sorc can kill a pack of champ zerkers in hell in under 20 seconds.

Buff izzy more, he still deals terrible damage, make his ele novas hurt more, you get +2 SKILLS for killing this guy, make it harder please, giving him dflight was useless as he deals such terrible damage he is still no threat. Chimera is still weak sauce, give him a random holy aura and give his shaman friends conviction.

Please dont remove any bosses. Please dont make things so much easier. Please dont ruin this mod. These things are what caught my eye and many others too. This is one of the harder mods out there, when people are crying about strugling for 10 mins against trash (LMAO) thats due more to the players lack of tactics / just being bad. Since i started this mod, it has steadily got a little harder each season, (new areas/bosses etc) don't start going backwards now. Most of the other mods are a total joke, a friend of mine and I just had a go at median xl. finished hell baal after around 2 days, short maps make it a piss take. When we finished it there was no sence of "wow we done it, that was tough" like we got when we finished hell baal this season here. Infact our exact words were "that was unspectacular" "ya nothing like HU". Dont change to much, reducing it to 2 player spawn will help alot with the nOObs who cant cope with champ packs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:

Champs are the only thing that slow people down a little but not enough IMO, sorcs deal with champs in no time if done right. If its taking people 10 mins as they claim to take down a pack of champs then they are under prepared, under equiped and underleveled for the area, simple as that. Even still a level 70 sorc can kill a pack of champ zerkers in hell in under 20 seconds.

Buff izzy more, he still deals terrible damage, make his ele novas hurt more, you get +2 SKILLS for killing this guy, make it harder please, giving him dflight was useless as he deals such terrible damage he is still no threat. Chimera is still weak sauce, give him a random holy aura and give his shaman friends conviction.

Please dont remove any bosses. Please dont make things so much easier. Please dont ruin this mod. These things are what caught my eye and many others too. This is one of the harder mods out there, when people are crying about strugling for 10 mins against trash (LMAO) thats due more to the players lack of tactics / just being bad. Since i started this mod, it has steadily got a little harder each season, (new areas/bosses etc) don't start going backwards now. Most of the other mods are a total joke, a friend of mine and I just had a go at median xl. finished hell baal after around 2 days, short maps make it a piss take. When we finished it there was no sence of "wow we done it, that was tough" like we got when we finished hell baal this season here. Infact our exact words were "that was unspectacular" "ya nothing like HU". Dont change to much, reducing it to 2 player spawn will help alot with the nOObs who cant cope with champ packs.

you fail to read the points that people make. so i will repeat my point:

there is nothing hard in having a high life monster that doesnt hurt. its actually pointless. the mariliths are fine i guess, but other champ high life monsters, especially the beserkers, dont do anything. my barb was sitting there tanking 3 of them solo (and hes my first character and highest character... hes not very well built and has pretty crappy gear). id rather nerf their life and make them more dangerous in terms of damage. but i had to sit there for almost 15 minutes killing the 3, albeit it was by myself and i am a melee character, but i think its a bit ridiculous. its not fun that they have that much life but barely scratch even casters.

for the record, im not a "i want this easier mod" kinda guy, its in fact too easy still. ive played a lot of other mods before (most easier than this one except one ive played), and i like this one for a lot of reasons, but i dont think making it lengthy in some ways makes it difficult. keep it lengthy on the bosses, trash doesnt need to be that lengthy. a bit of other balance issues need to be looked at (like how a necro's curses are pretty vital to any party or else the time it takes to complete bosses and such becomes a lot longer, how CB is such an overbearing stat needed for pretty much any melee, etc.). its mostly good, but some things like the stuff mentioned above is a turn off.

on a side note, median xl isnt really meant for the actual game... its pretty simple to do that in one day and alone. its meant for the uber quests and side challenges. but yea, either way its very easy, and its also meant to be a single player game. any extra party members makes it a joke.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Buff izzy more, he still deals terrible damage, make his ele novas hurt more, you get +2 SKILLS for killing this guy, make it harder please

Izzy is already such a pain that most people skip him until they are far over leveled. He doesn't do a lot of damage, he just stays alive FOREVER. Izzy may just be the most boring boss battle in the whole game. Dropping down his life and resists would be a good idea:

Code:
ResDm   ResMa   ResFi   ResLi   ResCo   ResPo
66   33   33   33   33   33   
100   50   66   66   66   66   
110   75   90   90   90   90

Give him more damage that is fine. I think everyone is fine with things doing more damage as long as they don't take forever and a day to die.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
change the animation of vengance to something that can reach 5 fpa minimum

Paladins either have Standard attack or Zeal. So it sounds like the animation should just go with the same animation as zeal, which is fine with me. I suppose that way a Venger can dish out crushing blow at the same speed a Zealer

PureRage-DoD wrote:
CURSES: change them to hard points only please, eg. amp 45% gaining 2% per hard point, same with lr, maybe raise lr potency a little to help elemental builds (who suffer at the min). as it is, with 1 point curses players can get to 85% amp, spending another 19 points to gain 3% is worthless, soft points add range hard points for duration/gains.

That is not possible without some sort of custom coding. So not going to happen.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am 

I agree with removing jewels, or make the bonuses on them harder to get when gambling.

A level 70 can kill champ named monsters in hell in 15 seconds? Hahaha, that must be the most twinked level 70 I've ever heard of.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 am 

WolfStar wrote:
A level 70 can kill champ named monsters in hell in 15 seconds? Hahaha, that must be the most twinked level 70 I've ever heard of.

Well - he did say "zerkers", so they are the Act1 uber-champs which are a bit easier. And time moves differently for PureRage than the rest of the world. "15 seconds" is code word for 2 minutes in his world. i think maybe he doesn't own a watch?

It does of course beg the question - what the heck is a level 70 Sorceress doing in A1 Hell anyways though? For someone who wants areas kept large and quests to take a long time, it seems odd that he speeds things up by rushing a character to A1 Hell. There is a very simple way to keep things difficult and quests long - actually play them ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 pm 

muleofal wrote:
you fail to read the points that people make. so i will repeat my point:

there is nothing hard in having a high life monster that doesnt hurt. its actually pointless. the mariliths are fine i guess, but other champ high life monsters, especially the beserkers, dont do anything. my barb was sitting there tanking 3 of them solo (and hes my first character and highest character... hes not very well built and has pretty crappy gear). id rather nerf their life and make them more dangerous in terms of damage. but i had to sit there for almost 15 minutes killing the 3, albeit it was by myself and i am a melee character, but i think its a bit ridiculous. its not fun that they have that much life but barely scratch even casters.

LMAO. ofc barb need 15 min to kill champ...y`re workin like a tank, get (for example) meteor sorc with y - and y kill them in 1 min.
Also, try to tank them with sorc - Do they still don`t hurt y? :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:25 pm 
Game Server Host

erm for the record, the sorc wasn't mine. It was a friends sorc and he hadn't been on for a few days so i kept our trio together since he is our trash killer, we moved a little slower but had no problem on bosses as we were the boss killing part of the team. as for twinked, full disciple set is far from uber tweaked.

15 seconds to kill champ zerkers yes. If you sit and cound 15 seconds you will realise that its actualy a pretty long time to be attacking any single monster. Charged bolt stacking makes mince meat of them, same as meteor stacking and novas. 15 mins on a pack of champ zerkers is pretty weak, I think there is some serious problem with the your char or you are overestimating. If should take melee chars longer to deal with trash since they make mince meat of bosses. Why would anyone bother playing an elemental build if melee chars could rip through trash just as fast AND take down bosses? Anyway, 15 mins is rediculous for a melee to kill 3 champ zerkers, 1 minute on each tops is around the norm. Remeber you were alone, if you had been teamed with an aoe/dps build you would rip through them. Soloing should be very hard since its focused around multiplayer.

Izzy is a boss that needs to be killed with elemental damage (if at the correct level) that brings elemental builds into play alot more as so should be kept that way. He has no real damage though, and dflight on him is easily managable since a sorc can sit and cast even with him on top of them and still take pretty much no damage. He needs a dmge hike not a new skill. the conviction should be moved onto him and his followers should cast lr for him.

median xl is about uber quests i agree, they were finished in that time frame too and are kinda shittysince its pretty much over in a flash. that mod is all about who strikes first and is way off balance. tank builds cant tank trash propperly and bosses die just as fast as regular mobs. I also played it alone as I dont know anyone there and I generaly keep myself to myself, only using public games to trade.

My perspective on time is spot on, I have always been good at estimating time taken to do something, I don't overestimate (15 mins on a pack of champs) as 15 mins is a looooooong time. It generaly takes me about 10 mins to roll and smoke a spliff, so sy 3 mins for rolling etc means i take 7 mins to smoke one. When I am playing i am always smoking as I will roll one then my O/H will roll one, I know I have never smoked 2 spliffs in the time it takes to kill a champ pack. Usualy over in 1/4 of a spliff, or after a few draws if theres a good aoe/dps build with me. There are plenty of builds with such high dps potential. I am not exagerating about the white dragon either. however long text lasts on the screen is how long it takes to take him down. When I said "Ok" in the game, he was drawn over and then there was an "lol" from all of us and he was dead before the "Ok" was off the screen.

Change it to 8 player spawn then theres no chance of anyone single spawning. That will also lower the effectiveness of CB.

last point before i forget. Champ wyrms are pretty deadly to a ranged build, infact if something near them has amp curse they are dadly to barbs/tanks also. They have dflight so are dangerous to ranged builds. Marilyths are dangerous if they cast velcano under you so that keeps ranged builds on guard. WSG's have AOE so are a danger to the ranged builds again. Zerkers are dangerous to ranged builds if they can get close enough and once they start hitting, the stun effect makes them very deadly. Tanks take longer to kill trash as they have much higher life/def/block. There has to be some down side to playing melee. Saying that though. 1.6k smite with amp from atmas can take down hell champ marilyths in around a minute each. Maybe your barb needs more AR, and decrep from a lawbringer flail on switch. Try that and you will note its not 15 mins if you do it propperly. I'm basing this on personal experiance, considering myself, just-ice and eddie played through in a team of 3 with no real aoe builds on Hc and killed hell baal (untwinked) a day or 2 after the first Sc team. I am well aware of what is easy and what is hard to untwinked teams. The power of a party is great, put it to use.

Edit: WOW at the typos in that and WOW at the length of it!! boredom ftw!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:04 pm 

ok let me clarify a couple things:

- yea 15 minutes is an exaggeration. it was probably more like 5 minutes for the 3 myself on a barb using bash with a 1 handed weapon (in hell). i shouldnt have used a number because its not true. however, i do feel that it is a bit boring to have to deal with this, especially when they dont pose any sort of threat to a tank. i mean, even with an ok build and ok gear, i didnt need a potion at all. and im sure i could build a sorc to easily tank these as well...its not very hard, however most people are still stuck in vanilla d2 pvp mode and just look at pure damage for builds.

- another problem is that i think its wrong of you guys to use a sorc, the most damaging character, for purposes of saying that they dont take long. in conjunction, i guess its also wrong of me to use a tank barb in saying they take too long or dont hurt. i think we should use more average examples when looking at certain situations.

- i feel like the general consensus from just about everyone ive played with getting up to these champs is, "ugh, xxxxx champs not again...zzzz." theyre just not very fun...theyre like boss fights without the coolness factor to them and just not as long. theres no point in having trash be anything of a slowdown during the game through raw life. they should only provide slowdowns in terms of keeping the party on its toes and not dying. i just think the bosses do more than enough to keep people busy and that trash shouldnt fill that role.

- yea median is fun in some regards but mainly is all about the flashiness, big onscreen explosions, and very overpowered items. its only real defining thing that i enjoyed about median was the skills... its nice to see at least one mod greatly change the skills around. besides that, its a joke (even taking down ubers untwinked in hc was a joke).

- finally, i know that melees shouldnt get the benefit of both damage and life. i am not disagreeing with any of that and should remain as is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm 

will the update include a realm reset? I assume it will have to even though that really sucks :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
I most certainly could be wrong, but I would think that if you start tinkering with boss HP and player # in the game you could start to run in to some serious issues, unless of course you want boss HP to remain static despite the number of people in the game. That seems like a bit of a bad balance call to me though even if it was possible. baerk is most certainly tons more knowledgable than me on game mechanics.

he really is, its kind of insane how much he knows. ive never met anyone, save maybe one or 2 of the admins at phrozen keep, that know as much as he does. ill post my findings here when i get in touch with him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 pm 
Game Server Host

muleofal wrote:
blue_myriddn wrote:
I most certainly could be wrong, but I would think that if you start tinkering with boss HP and player # in the game you could start to run in to some serious issues, unless of course you want boss HP to remain static despite the number of people in the game. That seems like a bit of a bad balance call to me though even if it was possible. baerk is most certainly tons more knowledgable than me on game mechanics.

he really is, its kind of insane how much he knows. ive never met anyone, save maybe one or 2 of the admins at phrozen keep, that know as much as he does. ill post my findings here when i get in touch with him.

I have him on my median flist i'll gie him a shout later tonight if i bother going on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:56 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
muleofal wrote:
blue_myriddn wrote:

I have him on my median flist i'll gie him a shout later tonight if i bother going on.

be prepared for a possible 20-30 minute conversation :D he likes to talk, but he knows much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:00 pm 
Game Server Host

lol yeh, we were discussing the viable options for a melee sorc the other night, before i knew it 2 hours had past and many many numbers had been crunched LMAO

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:04 pm 
Game Server Host

while i remember, put kicks back as they were before the changes, they are a little over the top right now. 1 point dtail kills faster than my maxed phoenix strike

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

1.21x

-Minimum number of player spawn is now 2 instead of 3
-The majority of the dungeons have been slightly deecreased in size, though champs and named enemies remains the same
-Melee amazons buffed
-Singer barbs buffed
-Avenger Buffed
-Phoenixsins buffed
-Fire trappers buffed
-Fire druids buffed
-Rabies druids buffed
-Assassins can now summon both shadow warrior and master
-Conviction added as a synergy to Holy aura and sanctuary skills for an alternative path build... it is still intended to be a 60 point build and
the synergy bonus remains the same
-Fixed some buffed runewords, uniques and set items
-Crafting has been tweaked
-Many mercs have been updated and tweaked for more versatility

The patch is essentially done, I need to get ahold of Duff though

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 pm 

Very nice, thanks. I appreciate this a lot.

Will we be getting details on these changes? :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:29 pm 

Mancer:Will This require a realm reset ? some of us would like to know !!! thz and if not will these update require a download??? if there is a reset i think some players won't come back cause alot of them don't have the time with school and stuff and some just won't come back....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

no reset

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:57 pm 

What about 1x1 arrows and removing the siege beast screen shaking?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 pm 

if i recall shelter had a clientside dl that removed screen shake buddy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm 

http://hellunleashed.freeforums.org/pro ... ts-f6.html

there ya go bud.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:48 pm 

wow thanks

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Melee Amazons
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 am 

Buffing melee amazons? I'm tickled to death. I've always joked with my friends that I think amazons were always hard-coded to die. I made a melee zon a couple of weeks ago, and I went war pike instead of shield/jav. The melee zon is fun as all get out, but let's just say that I can't even look at a boss without dying.

I can appreciate a mod in which the author can see obvious flaws in some of the characters and be willing to fix them. The reason melee zons are not being played is not because they're boring, but because they're too fragile. I really hope this update changes that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:51 pm 

how can that really even be accomplished though?

they don't get any good life bonuses, and you don't get to use dodge because of dodgelock, so you're left with block, uninterruptable, and defense as your only options...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Good Points
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 pm 

Yeah, I'd thought of this too. One suggestion I have, which I think is a really cool idea, is to add a perry skill as a bonus to one of the melee skills (jab, fend, impale, pick one). So for every 1 point you have in say fend, you'd get a certain chance to perry with a pike. You could simply deactivate this bonus if one is using a shield with javelin. I say "simply" but I don't know how hard it would be to code. It could perhaps be coded so that the engine simply recognizes it as a block,

Also, I'm not saying to make it an uber perry. Obviously, it shouldn't be as powerful as shield block, otherwise there would be no point in going shield. But unfortunately, as it stands now, there is almost no point in playing a pike zon. I'm wearing Leviathan's with a ber in its socket, with a 10% dr helm=48%dr. My leech is 35% +, which means with one hit I would be completely healing myself 5 times over. My res are all 75. Yet I'm dying to trash in travincial and flayer dungeon. I mean really...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 pm 

how bout giveing a life buff for melee zons based on skill levels in the melee skill tree, ie a few percentage points per point , so if you max the melee tree thats 60 points into it.......i dont wanna think about what u should make it but its an idea

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:31 pm 

i do like pappy's idea for the spearzon, however the one thing we need to make sure is that the buff is not available for bowzons or lightning/poison zons, as they are dps characters and deal their damage at range from afar. it is possible to code something like this though (you can lock out other skills if investing into the life buff like how median has done, or you can prevent a passive from being active like aftermath has done).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm 

What is the top for merc lvl now? 101?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:30 pm 

muleofal wrote:
also have to agree with teprac on the life situation of some monsters... beserkers, mariliths, wyrms, etc. already get plenty of life, and there are already plenty (if not too many) bosses before act bosses... champ versions of these monsters just makes the game feel like more bosses and more time wasting, especially when you can sit there hitting them for 10 minutes without potions needed and not dying at all.

Strongly agree with this, beserkers, wyrms, mariliths, ect. have way too much hp to be normal monsters, if you could tweek them to have less hp, or less Defence, im sure it would improve the game(Although the game is already awsome :) ) for players that do not like spending 10 mins trying to kill something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 pm 

I posted this in another topic, but ill repost it here. Since we have to go back and make fixes again, can you make it so that we can tell what pieces of the cow level are from which difficulity?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]